In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Shatterface

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Shatterface »

That sexual dimorphism paper is so diametrically opposed to what the hordling says it is that I have to wonder if this is a troll deliberately posting a link to undermine the whole transargument.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Also, two or three years back I wouldn't have understood a word of it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Hunt wrote:
Shatterface wrote: fart
CO2, water vapor and farts would be scrubbed out of the environment. C02 for obvious reasons (see Apollo 13), water because eventually it would start condensing on electronics. And farts would have to be scrubbed or else they would be recirculated forever and eventually you would be breathing pure fart. Forget cigars, the really interesting question is how NASA scrubbed farts. There must have been some kind of carbon filter.
Yes - each individual was issued with their own personalised one.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Hunt wrote:
CO2, water vapor and farts would be scrubbed out of the environment. C02 for obvious reasons (see Apollo 13), water because eventually it would start condensing on electronics. And farts would have to be scrubbed or else they would be recirculated forever and eventually you would be breathing pure fart. Forget cigars, the really interesting question is how NASA scrubbed farts. There must have been some kind of carbon filter.
I'm pretty sure the Apollo 1 tragedy was caused by Virgil 'Guff' Grissom lighting his farts.

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:24 pm
Clarence wrote:
The Smoking Gun of the ridiculous Russian Conspiracy Theory this is not.
Did you say you didn't believe that Russia wasn't involved in hacking the DNC emails and feeding them to wikileaks? If so do you still believe that?
Also, why do you thin so many of the Trump gang lie about communications with Russians, even to the degree that they put themselves in legal jeopardy? What reason did they have to do that?
Have we seen proof that the Russians hacked the DNC, or are we taking the DNC's word for it? They didn't let the FBI examine their servers.

Am I incorrect, or did Flynn only contact the Russians after the election? You know, instead of before the election, as the DNC and Fusion GPS did?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Apparently Israel have started firing missiles into Syria, some reports suggest they are targetting Iranian position. :shifty:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Really? wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:24 pm
Clarence wrote:
Did you say you didn't believe that Russia wasn't involved in hacking the DNC emails and feeding them to wikileaks? If so do you still believe that?
Also, why do you thin so many of the Trump gang lie about communications with Russians, even to the degree that they put themselves in legal jeopardy? What reason did they have to do that?
Have we seen proof that the Russians hacked the DNC, or are we taking the DNC's word for it? They didn't let the FBI examine their servers.

Am I incorrect, or did Flynn only contact the Russians after the election? You know, instead of before the election, as the DNC and Fusion GPS did?
Several computer security services, the FBI, the CIA, and the NSA say they have certain evidence that the russian government was behind the leak.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Demo ... email_leak
Mueller has produced email evidence that the Trump campaign was making contact with Russians claiming to provide information on Clinton even before wikileaks started to release the DNC emails. At one point, a Russian government news source released some emails before wikileaks did.
The Fusion GPS investigator talked to Russian officials that apparently spoke to him without official permission. Several Russians linked to the FSB internet research branch died under mysterious circumstances and in 2 cases were charged with treason shortly after the fusion GPS report was revealed to the public. The report was given to the FBI as soon as the DNC lawyer received it and information in it was not used against Trump in the election. According to the lawyer, Clinton and the DNC leadership were not informed that the party had taken over funding of the Fusion GPS investigation until after it was made public.Could be a lie, could be a policy to have someone else deal with the dirt and not let the leaders know so they can have plausible deniability.
As for the DNC not allowing the FBI to examine the servers, not true:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... dnc-serve/

free thoughtpolice

Did Flynn have contact with the Russians before the election?
Yes he did. He even took money for a speech, paid for by the government's propaganda wing, RT and failed to report it as he was legally obliged to do.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/16/politics/ ... index.html
IIRC there were other meetings too.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hunt wrote:

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Clarence wrote:

Tsk, tsk. http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... estigation

Here's the full thing:

Drip, drip drip...

Call it a conspiracy theory if it makes you feel better.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kkUzU9OiDI

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ertTnpwPNU

free thoughtpolice

Vicky? So what? ABC made a mistake, retracted it a few hours later. It proves that they are a responsible news outlet that admits their mistakes in a timely fashion.

free thoughtpolice

Ape: :clap: :clap: :drool:

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Vicky? So what? ABC made a mistake, retracted it a few hours later. It proves that they are a responsible news outlet that admits their mistakes in a timely fashion.
I listened to ABC for half an hour when the story broke... it all had the smell and feel of fake news. They didn't make a mistake, they got caught lying. They corrected the lie, but they won't wind back all the exaggerations and all the opinion posing as news.

...and we know Flynn isn't facing 5 years jail because the paperwork says the most he faced was 6 months, but as he is pleading guilty it is unlikely he would get anywhere near that. The minimum penalty is $500 fine which is probably more realistic. ABC talked this up.

Mark my words. Nothingburger.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:30 pm
Twern't me. It was something I saw at Kiwi Farms :D

I wish I knew how to composite videos. I have to make do with GIFs.

free thoughtpolice

Paperwork says that 6 months because he already copped a plea.
He has other serious charges too, so this isn't the end of his problems. Also his son is in the mix.
They have him by the balls in a big way. If they find any problem with his testimony they can re-sentence him on his guilty plea, and pile it on big time with any future charges he might still face.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Paperwork says that 6 months because he already copped a plea.
He has other serious charges too, so this isn't the end of his problems. Also his son is in the mix.
They have him by the balls in a big way. If they find any problem with his testimony they can re-sentence him on his guilty plea, and pile it on big time with any future charges he might still face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIdnoKcdYS8

free thoughtpolice

Ape+lust wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:30 pm
Twern't me. It was something I saw at Kiwi Farms :D

I wish I knew how to composite videos. I have to make do with GIFs.

Shirley, you are yanking my chain?

Really?

Post by Really? »

After all the shit Hillary continues to get away with (they are still finding classified emails from her server), I also think it is a nothingburger.

And there is not much I can do when someone takes the DNC at their word...

free thoughtpolice

Really? wrote: After all the shit Hillary continues to get away with (they are still finding classified emails from her server), I also think it is a nothingburger.

. According to the lawyer, Clinton and the DNC leadership were not informed that the party had taken over funding of the Fusion GPS investigation until after it was made public.Could be a lie, could be a policy to have someone else deal with the dirt and not let the leaders know so they can have plausible deniability
I'm not exactly taking the DNC at their word here. The could be a lie should be a hint of that.
If I remember, Clinton and Podesta have both testified before congress they didn't know that FGPS was funded by the DNC. If there is evidence that they knew this before their testimony they could be liable to perjury.
So maybe that will give you some hope. :drool:

Really?

Post by Really? »

Really? wrote: After all the shit Hillary continues to get away with (they are still finding classified emails from her server), I also think it is a nothingburger.

. According to the lawyer, Clinton and the DNC leadership were not informed that the party had taken over funding of the Fusion GPS investigation until after it was made public.Could be a lie, could be a policy to have someone else deal with the dirt and not let the leaders know so they can have plausible deniability
I'm not exactly taking the DNC at their word here. The could be a lie should be a hint of that.
If I remember, Clinton and Podesta have both testified before congress they didn't know that FGPS was funded by the DNC. If there is evidence that they knew this before their testimony they could be liable to perjury.
So maybe that will give you some hope. :drool:
I'm not being a dick to you, swearsies.

When was the last time Clinton testified before Congress? Benghazi? (Which is how we know about the server everyone knew about.) I also don't recall Podesta testifying before Congress and certainly not after the election.

I don't trust any of them, regardless of party.

free thoughtpolice

Neither do I, the same with politicians anywhere.

free thoughtpolice

I'm beginning to suspect that some users here are lying about where they come from.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Not I.

Now.... just one more Youtube video before bed.

clownshoe

Post by clownshoe »

Just read a random tweet where someone claimed Wallmart were racist for selling the "Rope. Tree. Journalist." t-shirt.
Thank goodness someone said it: Journalists are a race.
Wait until they get a load of the new designs I'm working on...
Horses Ropes Journalist - Copy.png
(211.4 KiB) Downloaded 404 times

Really?

Post by Really? »

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:45 pm
Neither do I, the same with politicians anywhere.
It is hard to keep all of this shit straight, particularly on days like today, when the mainstream media releases a lie for an hour that will be picked up by a million people and then retracts, which will be spread by ten thousand.

Really?

Post by Really? »

This is outrageous. Members of the incoming administration were talking with representatives of another important country a month before they came to power. This never happens except for whenever a new administration comes to power.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... sian-sanc/

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Internet sleuths are studying Youtube's demonetization bots and starting to figure some things out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4NgO69RprE

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The next step is data mining to determine what specifically triggers socially sensitive material codes and, more interestingly, what doesn't. That would empirically raise the skirt.

Speaking of which ...

Here is some afternoon delight for Vicky.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Eddie Izzard claims to be a 'transgender man'.

He also claims to be straight, but if you insult him, you are homophobic

I guess he has realised that you don't get many victim points today for saying you are a transvestite.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/Eddie-Izzard-I ... 2f4fccd-ds

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

SM1957 wrote: Twain
Jamie Penny, who had autism, was convicted of using abusive words or behaviour with intent to cause harassment, alarm or distress, but was spared jail.
Good to know the law is protecting millionaires from autistics and their rude words.

</punching up>

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote: Not a parody. Just another justice Whitey who thinks Blacks are enchanting critters from another planet. Probably learned most life lessons from "self-actualization" business seminars.

https://twitter.com/MJB_SF

[.img]https://imgur.com/wbnGYlb.png[/img]

[.img]https://imgur.com/q7MMhLL.png[/img]

[.img]https://imgur.com/ELMIkBF.png[/img]
Would be funny if there were a tool so you can replace all occurrences of 'black people' by 'Sumatran monkeys' and then put them in her timeline.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote: Not a parody. Just another justice Whitey who thinks Blacks are enchanting critters from another planet. Probably learned most life lessons from "self-actualization" business seminars.

https://twitter.com/MJB_SF

[.img]https://imgur.com/wbnGYlb.png[/img]

[.img]https://imgur.com/q7MMhLL.png[/img]

[.img]https://imgur.com/ELMIkBF.png[/img]
That's hipster racism, surely :lol:

Anyway I think that a lot of people who are outraged on behalf of others are treating them like little children in need of protection and to gush over everything they do in a patronizing way. We see this with White Knights and women, we shouldn't be surprised to see this with SJWs and minorities. Treating people on an equal footing negates the need to get outraged at every little scandal, and this is impossible for the eternally outraged.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:42 am
The transgender genetics expert has finally produced xir evidence that there are 2^1600 genders:

The landscape of sex-differential transcriptome and its consequent selection in human adults
Moran Gershoni and Shmuel Pietrokovski
https://bmcbiol.biomedcentral.com/artic ... 017-0352-z
But xe makes it abundantly clear that it was not xir task to educate you, you evidence-demanding shitlord!

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:20 am
Not sure about trans, but she's a real SJW doozy:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/08/tech- ... id-people/
Byerley says that the first thing those in middle America need to realize is that “no educated person wants to live in a shithole with stupid people.” Particularly, in a “shithole” filled with people who are “violent, racist, and/or misogynistic.”
Ah, the Bronx.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Jack Wooster

Post by Jack Wooster »

Shatterface wrote: I should mention that smoking is banned in the moon and the protagonist is a smuggler. Fire is a real problem. I just wondered when cigars were first mentioned whether they'd blow up like in a Tom and Jerry cartoon or whether it was actually possible to smoke. Since the molar value of another gas is relevant to the plot (I won't spoil more than that) I wondered whether that would explain how a cigar could be smoked. And while I said the atmosphere was pure oxygen obviously that's not entirely true as people still exhale CO2, water vapour, etc, and fart just like on Earth.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-J0xZAzSRulw/U ... fetti6.png

This man gave me an unrealised childhood ambition to smoke a cigar on the Moon.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

@Davedood ...

Search string :

the island with bear grylls

Then select videos.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
jet_lagg wrote: I'm assuming phenotype where the relationship between the genetic disease and associated gene is known (so maybe a goth?). The paper is about how dimorphism in a sexually reproducing species leads to the state of genetic disorders that we observe, which as noted has fuck all to do with a gender spectrum. Still interesting.
Yeah. Since these genes aren't selected for half the time, alleles, that when expressed cause illness or disease, aren't weeded out as thoroughly. Which leads to markedly sex-divergent prevalence of certain diseases -- osteoporosis in women was one example.

It's really amazing stuff, and the study looks very well-put together, and it has fuck all to do with the gender spectrum.
Well of course, since there's no such thing as a "gender spectrum". There are statistical differences between the two sexes, and then there are outliers. Of course this doesn't mean that the outliers are "not real" or in need of "fixing": to use an example that seems to be understood rather well men are on average taller than women but tall women and short men exist, and actually there are bell curves for height in men and women, they simply don't overlap (there are two different "spectra" of height among men and women).
Not quite sure why you think there is "no such thing as a gender spectrum", particularly as you concede there's the axis of height on which there's variation by sex. And we've discussed the axis of IQ and variations thereon. And then there are axes pertaining to autism, pornography, rearing of children, etc., etc. - all with significant variations across the population, and which have some notably different correlations by sex. Looks like a pretty solid basis for concluding there's a rather broad and well-populated spectrum of permutations and combinations of those attributes.

The point isn't that there isn't such a spectrum; it's that because it is so broad and well-populated it is rather ridiculous to be trying to name each of those or - gawd help us - trying to define pronouns for each.

But, somewhat more importantly, I wonder whether you - and Matt - will even concede yourselves that sex - male and female - are real terms with real objective correlates, specifically that it pertains to and describes the gametes produced. Not defining those terms at the outset is what leads to people spinning their wheels in enervating "debates", and "illogical" arguments such as this one by one "Iona Italia" - who otherwise looks more or less rational:

Kirbmarc wrote: What the Po-Mo gender theorists do is take the existence of some outliers as evidence that there is no real biological origin of sexual dimorphism, that any statistical difference between the two "gender poles", no matter how strongly defined, is just a social construction, that there's a perfect continuum of overlapping varieties with no "real" relation to any biological phenomena and it's only society that MAKES us think that men and women are any different.

This makes as much sense as trying to say that there is no bilateral symmetry to vertebrates because there are some lateralized organs and because no vertebrate is perfectly simmetrical in its non-lateralized organs anyway.
Indeed. Sure some rather bizarre rabbit-holes many "Po-Mo gender theorists" manage to get into, although it looks more a case of them having disappeared up their own fundaments - the consequence of not being properly anchored with some rational and coherent definitions ...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

German government want to spy on every digital device, even in your kitchen.

https://i.imgur.com/CrMjR6b.jpg

https://www.thelocal.de/20171201/german ... ice-report

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

shoutinghorse wrote: German government want to spy on every digital device, even in your kitchen.

https://i.imgur.com/CrMjR6b.jpg

https://www.thelocal.de/20171201/german ... ice-report
Guess I'll have to stop fucking the toaster.

It hurts so good.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:34 pm
My son actually tried to tell me that "Jihad" was no worse than naming your daughter "Grace".

I told him to fuck off.
Next time you have a kerfuffle wth your son, look him straight in the eye amd say

“Oh yeah, well, I banged your mom.”

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

brive1987 wrote: no. it just means he had lousy aim.

probably because of the pills he also "found" in the dumpster. which makes that one hell of a high yield garbage can.
they have those kind of garbage cans in video games all the time.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Steers, height and IQ aren't analogous to gender. Height and IQ are continuous quantities and if we plot their distribution on a graph we get a bell curve. Gender is a binary. You are male or female. If you plot that on a graph you get two towers of roughly the same height.

I haven't a fucking clue how you get from the fact that height and IQ are continuous quantities to the idea that gender is too.

That's like saying if what parents spend on their kids at Christmas follows a bell curve there's no distinction between a PlayStation and an X Box.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

My friends are all excited about the news in the Mueller investigation. It does look like they can get Trump on obstruction of justice, and that is the charge that drove Nixon's impeachment, but what my friends don't understand is that the political climate is different than it was in the early 70's. The democrats are too weak to do anything about it, and there's no political will in the republican party to impeach Trump. It's true that the republicans don't like Trump, but they fear his base too much.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

The Guardian needs more red meat in their diet. Merry fucking Christmas!

Twitter is an oracle.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Chocolate gives an endorphin rush as well. I'm a bit surprised to see the right endorse "comfort eating."

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

VickyCaramel wrote:

Twitter is an oracle.
Color me shocked! Not one article telling us that Christmas is racist, or Islamophobic. The Guardian has really dropped the ball on this.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Charles Dickens got it all wrong.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

VickyCaramel wrote:

Charles Dickens got it all wrong.
Yes! Lets end all holidays because someone somewhere might find it inconvenient or minorly objectionable or there are those who don’t have as much cash as others.

This is the world run by SJW’s. All must live some drab, joyless existence lest we offend others. Celebration is worse than hubris, it is throwing ones privledge in the face of those less fortunate.

Their perfect society is something out of Orwells 1984. grey, overcast, grim struggle for all!

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Ape+lust wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:19 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ertTnpwPNU
I almost choked on my Subway roast beef. :lol:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If you are sad poor people aren't enjoying Christmas but them a fucking turkey. Their Christmas doesn't get any better just because you make your own family fucking miserable too.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

As I recall Dickens had Scrooge pay a child to run to the butchers to buy a goose for dinner...on Christmas Day. Has anyone tried doing that recently?

If we are talking banning Christmas - we should look to the Puritans - who enforced a Yuletide prohibition because in their view drunken and gluttonous revelry (and having a good time in general) was not a christian thing to do.

windy

Post by windy »

VickyCaramel wrote: The Guardian needs more red meat in their diet. Merry fucking Christmas!
http://highsteaks.com/wp-content/upload ... 345947.jpg

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

When we had our first child, we took the decision that as we would be making our own family christmas, we would never have to suffer a fucking turkey or goose ever again.

This will be our 17th christmas, and in all that time we slipped up once, finding ourselves at my mothers and compromising with goose and pheasant.
Having been let down a couple of years and thanks to the power of the internet, last year we finally had roast wild boar.... which was actually a little disappointing. Having tried everything from swordfish to kangaroo, we are going back to Beef Wellington this year, along with the usual ham and gammon joint which will see us through the whole xmas period of 3-4 days.

So thats three joints of meat, a load of vegetables and a few jars of pickles. Laying on a "feast" isn't any more expensive than putting food on the table any other day of the year. If I were short of money, I would do roast dinners far more often.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

"I didn't mention the moon rocks, did I?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :bow-blue:

https://imgur.com/b0ulqkF.png

https://imgur.com/T3sm9Ly.png

John D

Post by John D »

VickyCaramel wrote: When we had our first child, we took the decision that as we would be making our own family christmas, we would never have to suffer a fucking turkey or goose ever again.

This will be our 17th christmas, and in all that time we slipped up once, finding ourselves at my mothers and compromising with goose and pheasant.
Having been let down a couple of years and thanks to the power of the internet, last year we finally had roast wild boar.... which was actually a little disappointing. Having tried everything from swordfish to kangaroo, we are going back to Beef Wellington this year, along with the usual ham and gammon joint which will see us through the whole xmas period of 3-4 days.

So thats three joints of meat, a load of vegetables and a few jars of pickles. Laying on a "feast" isn't any more expensive than putting food on the table any other day of the year. If I were short of money, I would do roast dinners far more often.
Yum... xmas at your house sounds fun and i love your exotic meat selections. For us.... we ALWAYS have choice quality New York strip steaks, baked potato with sour cream and cheese, salad with balsamic (from the store), and some kind of special desert. I am really quite good at grilling lovey lovey beef steaks. Yum.

Turkey can be really good. You need to add a bunch of spices and then soak it in brine. I had turkey at my niece's house to Thanksgiving and it was delicious.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

katamari Damassi wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:

Twitter is an oracle.
Color me shocked! Not one article telling us that Christmas is racist, or Islamophobic. The Guardian has really dropped the ball on this.
To be fair, the Guardian would say the same sorts of things about Ramadan. After all, it is the time of the year when schoolgirls are killed by Muslims for having icecreatm https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... am-parlour

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Seeing as we're showing Christmas tweets here's this little beauty from the Northern Irish Police. .. I thought it was a parody til I noticed the blue tick. :D

https://i.imgur.com/y225ACz.png