In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Sunder
.
.
Posts: 3858
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19681

Post by Sunder »

Well you apparently don't care about the topic at all except to the extent that you can see it's making some SJWs mad, ergo it's gotta be a barrel of yuks. You're a slightly more coherent Davedodo and that is the full extent of your thought process. "Do it make people I don't like mad? Mus' be gud. Go Trump!"

And your question WAS fucking retarded beyond belief. Yes, John. People honestly think that this will cause the world to cease existing. Don't bother setting your alarm clock in the morning because the Earth itself won't be there in the morning, you fucking mong.

Guest_d2e60302

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19682

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

No no, her real reason for being angry is he got to eat supersize junk food for half a year and got paid for it.
It's the simplest explanation with the most explanatory power.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10712
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19683

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
No no, her real reason for being angry is he got to eat supersize junk food for half a year and got paid for it.
It's the simplest explanation with the most explanatory power.
Ronald MacDonald's razor.

Really?
.
.
Posts: 6352
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19684

Post by Really? »

I hope Trump doesn't see this. He'll RT it and then CNN will threaten the guy who made it.


Billie from Ockham
.
.
Posts: 5470
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19685

Post by Billie from Ockham »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Ronald MacDonald's razor.
Mine's better. He's a fucking clown.

John D
.
.
Posts: 4792
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19686

Post by John D »

Sunder wrote: Well you apparently don't care about the topic at all except to the extent that you can see it's making some SJWs mad, ergo it's gotta be a barrel of yuks. You're a slightly more coherent Davedodo and that is the full extent of your thought process. "Do it make people I don't like mad? Mus' be gud. Go Trump!"

And your question WAS fucking retarded beyond belief. Yes, John. People honestly think that this will cause the world to cease existing. Don't bother setting your alarm clock in the morning because the Earth itself won't be there in the morning, you fucking mong.
Yoooooo... fuck you man... haha.

I have read a bit about this and I expect the doomsayers are probably wrong. Unregulated airlines have reduced cost and increased supply (of course the seats are smaller), but more people fly for less money in the US than ever. Perhaps we bitch about it more however.

Something like this will happen to the net I suspect. You get what you pay for. Low volume users like me will probably see lower costs and high volume users will see higher cost. That's fine with me. Why should I pay for a level of service I don't need? Sure, providers will come up with "plans" and packages etc....etc...etc.... and there will be a lot more shopping and such.... and more bitching.

I don't buy the argument that this will punish new web service providers. Service providers will want to provide users with the service they want.

Of course, I could be full of shit, but..... we will see.

My daughter's boyfriend said internet service at home will cost $100 more per month. Haha. What? I will just use my fucking phone if they do this. .. we will see.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19687

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sunder wrote: I'll answer your retarded question when you tell me when exactly you stopped beating your wife.
Answer this question instead: do you ask your wife for crystal clear verbal consent to beat her?

DaveDodo007
.
.
Posts: 1322
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:48 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19688

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Somebody must've whispered in Professor Ceiling Cat's ear :shhh:

Another plaint about sexism-ridden New Atheism

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... w-atheism/
Fuck that Jewish manlet, the major problem with atheism is it is not misogynistic enough. Look how feminists love to suck muslim cock whilst demonizing the faggot Westerners who give them equal rights. Atheism has to go full out sexist and take women' rights away or women will destroy Western civilization. Call me sexist, misogynist all you want but giving women the right to vote was/is the end to democracy and the enlightenment.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 17047
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19689

Post by Brive1987 »

Oh good.

Mummy can't be mummy any more now that Britain is banning "harmful gender stereotypes" (ie there any other kind for these 'tards?)

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/ ... -1-4638851
Ella Smillie, from the Committees of Advertising Practice, (CAP), the body which writes the advertising codes. said: “Some gender stereotypes in ads can contribute to harm for adults and children by limiting how people 
see themselves, how others 
see them, and potentially restricting the life decisions they take. “The introduction of a new advertising rule from 2018 will help advertisers to know where to draw the line on the use of acceptable and unacceptable stereotypes. “We’ll set out our proposed new standards in Spring 2018 and openly consult on them.”
Nice glasses Ella.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... GG4WWPso9A

DaveDodo007
.
.
Posts: 1322
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:48 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19690

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Sunder wrote: Well you apparently don't care about the topic at all except to the extent that you can see it's making some SJWs mad, ergo it's gotta be a barrel of yuks. You're a slightly more coherent Davedodo and that is the full extent of your thought process. "Do it make people I don't like mad? Mus' be gud. Go Trump!"

And your question WAS fucking retarded beyond belief. Yes, John. People honestly think that this will cause the world to cease existing. Don't bother setting your alarm clock in the morning because the Earth itself won't be there in the morning, you fucking mong.
Fuck you faggot, it was a reasonable question. Also how is anything I say incoherent you fucking retard. My posting is short as fuck, you may disagree with it but if you don't understand it, well you are a brainlet, fuck you, jelly brained cunt.

Old_ones
.
.
Posts: 2145
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 pm
Location: An hour's drive from Hell.
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19691

Post by Old_ones »

John D wrote:
Sunder wrote:
John D wrote: There was no Net Neutrality a few short years ago...
Kind of hilarious how people who openly dislike Obama are also willing to claim or imply his administration inventing Net Neutrality wholesale. I mean crap even I wouldn't give the guy that much credit but apparently his opponents will.

No, Net Neutrality did not spring into existence under Obama. Its underpinnings go back to fucking 1998. All Obama's guys did was update preexisting laws to deal with new complications.
So... educate me... how will the world come to an end now that the Obama rules on Net Neutrality have ended?
The world isn't going to end, you'll probably just end up paying more for internet if you want to use it for more than Netflix, Youtube, and a few other big sites and services, and you might not get to see certain content if your ISP doesn't like it. I don't know anything about the ideological leanings of Comcast and Verizon but I guess we'll know pretty soon if they are similar to those of those of Google.

Guest_d2e60302

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19692

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

The world isn't going to end, you'll probably just end up paying more for internet if you want to use it for more than Netflix, Youtube, and a few other big sites and services, and you might not get to see certain content if your ISP doesn't like it. I don't know anything about the ideological leanings of Comcast and Verizon but I guess we'll know pretty soon if they are similar to those of those of Google.
All those big companies you grew up loving and never bitching about and wishing for a newcomer?

+ AT&T, PacBell
+ Cox
+ NY Times
+ Google, Amazon
+ TicketMaster

Well enjoy them. That's who will benefit.

Remember how much you saved when you cut the cord? Get ready for the new bundling.

Get ready for more advertising, not less, more expensive internet, and more various drm caused blackouts.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10712
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19693

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sunder wrote: I'll answer your retarded question when you tell me when exactly you stopped beating your wife.
Answer this question instead: do you ask your wife for crystal clear verbal consent to beat her?
From the consent is sexy thread:
May i torture you?
Oh yes please. Right now if that is possible.
Then let us begin with some Ecosexual Poetry........

Old_ones
.
.
Posts: 2145
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 pm
Location: An hour's drive from Hell.
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19694

Post by Old_ones »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Sunder wrote: Well you apparently don't care about the topic at all except to the extent that you can see it's making some SJWs mad, ergo it's gotta be a barrel of yuks. You're a slightly more coherent Davedodo and that is the full extent of your thought process. "Do it make people I don't like mad? Mus' be gud. Go Trump!"

And your question WAS fucking retarded beyond belief. Yes, John. People honestly think that this will cause the world to cease existing. Don't bother setting your alarm clock in the morning because the Earth itself won't be there in the morning, you fucking mong.
Fuck you faggot, it was a reasonable question. Also how is anything I say incoherent you fucking retard. My posting is short as fuck, you may disagree with it but if you don't understand it, well you are a brainlet, fuck you, jelly brained cunt.
How is anything you say incoherent? Lets start with your conflation of the length of your post with its logical coherency.

Herp Derp. Dodo dipshit doesn't realize that a concise statement can still be illogical, which is hilarious because his statement is itself a concise non-sequitur.

You are basically our version of Nerd of Redhead. Everything you post is a bunch of braindead bullshit and you don't even seem intelligent enough to be aware of that.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... zEW3W-ZuMs

AndrewV69
.
.
Posts: 7996
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19695

Post by AndrewV69 »

Just saying ...


deLurch
.
.
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19696

Post by deLurch »

Evidently Jingle Bells is now racist.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... cist-song/


AndrewV69
.
.
Posts: 7996
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19697

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sunder wrote: I'll answer your retarded question when you tell me when exactly you stopped beating your wife.
Answer this question instead: do you ask your wife for crystal clear verbal consent to beat her?
From the consent is sexy thread:
May i torture you?
Oh yes please. Right now if that is possible.
Then let us begin with some Ecosexual Poetry........
https://i1.wp.com/kukuruyo.com/wp-conte ... png?w=1163

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 4225
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19698

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sunder wrote: I'll answer your retarded question when you tell me when exactly you stopped beating your wife.
Answer this question instead: do you ask your wife for crystal clear verbal consent to beat her?
From the consent is sexy thread:
May i torture you?
Oh yes please. Right now if that is possible.
Then let us begin with some Ecosexual Poetry........
Masochist: Whip me, beat me, treat me like dirt.
Sadist: No.

katamari Damassi
.
.
Posts: 5428
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:32 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19699

Post by katamari Damassi »

jet_lagg wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: Oddly my War Hammer inquiries have lead me to the youtube videos of Dan Harmon(of Community and Rick & Morty fame) playing D&D with some minor celebs. At least they say it's D&D, but I don't recognize it though I only know up to the third edition. I once paged through 4th addition in a bookstore, and hated the look of it. It looked like they were trying to make a table top version of World of Warcraft. What's the pit's opinion of the best RPG? I've heard good things about Runequest, but I prefer games that flow and don't get to wrapped up in the details of combat.

AD&D 2nd Edition for life, yo. Actually, that's just the nostalgia talking.

I hear great, great things about Fiasco, which goes about as far as you can with the emphasis on storytelling over rules. It doesn't even have dice. I've read the rules for Burning Wheel and think it's an incredibly elegant, non-crunchy game for people who still want a rigid way of resolving outcomes. There's a Lord of the Rings type setting baked in to the rules, but no reason you couldn't lift the core mechanics and place them in any other type of story. My personal favorite will probably always be Riddle of Steel. The combat was very detailed, so basically the opposite of what you're after. It was a blast though. You really need to think about every feint, thrust, and parry. Even a skilled fighter could be taken down by a farmer with a crude blade if they got sloppy.
I've checked out Burning Wheel and it is interesting, though it looks like you spend hours creating your character which can die in the first game. I've discovered that the Warhammer RPG has become a game called Zweihannder, which looks really interesting.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19700

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: Oh good.

Mummy can't be mummy any more now that Britain is banning "harmful gender stereotypes" (ie there any other kind for these 'tards?)

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/ ... -1-4638851
Ella Smillie, from the Committees of Advertising Practice, (CAP), the body which writes the advertising codes. said: “Some gender stereotypes in ads can contribute to harm for adults and children by limiting how people 
see themselves, how others 
see them, and potentially restricting the life decisions they take. “The introduction of a new advertising rule from 2018 will help advertisers to know where to draw the line on the use of acceptable and unacceptable stereotypes. “We’ll set out our proposed new standards in Spring 2018 and openly consult on them.”
Nice glasses Ella.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... GG4WWPso9A
They'll have to cancel this sexist, gender stereotype reinforcing, ad campaign, I guess:


Guest_ded16bec

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19701

Post by Guest_ded16bec »

Comcast were already naughty regarding the net neutrality thing in the early noughties. They started blocking/throttling VOIP services.

I'm sure their being landline and cellphone providers had nothing to dow ith it and there's a perfectly reasonable, non grubby business cunts being grubby and cunty explanation.

It's gonna be great when you have to upgrade to watch netflix or or send a message on whatsapp.

CaughtUpLockedOut

dogen
.
.
Posts: 2581
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19702

Post by dogen »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:17 pm
Now here is a blog post that assures you males that if you aren't guilty you have nothing to fear about false accusations because women don't do it.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/foxyfolklo ... qus_thread

The sex positive Foxy Folklorist makes this statement:
We know that false accusations are rare. As classicist Donna Zuckerberg points out, they have a long history in the West, and the furor over them is largely based in social status:
As the article in Jezebel shows, the patriarchy has a history of falsely claiming that women make false rape claims. So there.
As I remarked in the comments, even prominent feminist male allies such as PZ Myers don't think women's claims are necessarily true, as he has said he has had a false claim made against him, and is careful not to get into private encounters with them lest he has his life ruined.
These white feminists seem to know nothing of what happened to black men in the Jim Crow era.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1920_Duluth_lynchings

Fucking ignorant bitches.

dogen
.
.
Posts: 2581
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19703

Post by dogen »

jet_lagg wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:59 am
This will sound absurdly melodramatic, but a huge break in trust occurred between my father and I when I figured out there was no Santa and he immediately switched to weasel wording about metaphors and different kinds of being. Just tell the kid it's a story people make up because it's nice to see people smile. It's not hard.
I was delighted when my daughter found out that there was no Santa. That Fat Red Fuck had been getting credit for years for all the cool shit I bought her.

dogen
.
.
Posts: 2581
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19704

Post by dogen »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:55 pm
Fire puts out water. Now there's someone that even Jeremy Corbyn could beat at Rochambault.

Rock weights Paper, luv. I win. Now take off those your knickers.
I've never quite understood why the game is called Rochambeau in the USA -- but here is a well-researched article that looks at the question in some detail:

http://teachinghistory.org/history-cont ... rian/23932

dogen
.
.
Posts: 2581
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19705

Post by dogen »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:28 pm
jet_lagg wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: Oddly my War Hammer inquiries have lead me to the youtube videos of Dan Harmon(of Community and Rick & Morty fame) playing D&D with some minor celebs. At least they say it's D&D, but I don't recognize it though I only know up to the third edition. I once paged through 4th addition in a bookstore, and hated the look of it. It looked like they were trying to make a table top version of World of Warcraft. What's the pit's opinion of the best RPG? I've heard good things about Runequest, but I prefer games that flow and don't get to wrapped up in the details of combat.

AD&D 2nd Edition for life, yo. Actually, that's just the nostalgia talking.

I hear great, great things about Fiasco, which goes about as far as you can with the emphasis on storytelling over rules. It doesn't even have dice. I've read the rules for Burning Wheel and think it's an incredibly elegant, non-crunchy game for people who still want a rigid way of resolving outcomes. There's a Lord of the Rings type setting baked in to the rules, but no reason you couldn't lift the core mechanics and place them in any other type of story. My personal favorite will probably always be Riddle of Steel. The combat was very detailed, so basically the opposite of what you're after. It was a blast though. You really need to think about every feint, thrust, and parry. Even a skilled fighter could be taken down by a farmer with a crude blade if they got sloppy.
I've checked out Burning Wheel and it is interesting, though it looks like you spend hours creating your character which can die in the first game. I've discovered that the Warhammer RPG has become a game called Zweihannder, which looks really interesting.
On the subject of RPG, a buddy recently got me into Divinity: Original Sin 2 (on PC), and I'm absolutely hooked. Great plotline, D&D-esque turn-based warfare, incredibly deep. Anyone else tried it?

dogen
.
.
Posts: 2581
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19706

Post by dogen »

This is my page now, y'all can fuck right off.

dogen
.
.
Posts: 2581
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19707

Post by dogen »

Oh, and Happy Finland Friday, pitizens!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/COfqW0prX-A/maxresdefault.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19708

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Fuck me, but I just saw a video of Roy Moore riding a horse, and I want to drive down to Alabama to shoot him.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19709

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

dogen wrote: Oh, and Happy Finland Friday, pitizens!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/COfqW0prX-A/maxresdefault.jpg
Is that the Scots Guard hitting on the RN?

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19710

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Roy, not the horse.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19711

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

dogen wrote: This is my page now, y'all can fuck right off.
Liechtenstein remains defiant!

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19712

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

dogen wrote: On the subject of RPG....
Do go on...
RPG.jpg
(387.16 KiB) Downloaded 183 times

feathers
.
.
Posts: 6113
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:12 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19713

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:11 am
feathers wrote: I wonder, are they called Scots Guard because they're invisible, like Scots Tape?
download/file.php?id=5014&sid=1ea71076b ... f8b6d64639
Anecdotal joke, heard while hiking in the HIghlands:
At the reception of the youth hostel, a hiker with mud up to his knees asks: "Excuse me, but do you also have water repellent?"
"Why sure", the receptionist says as she starts to turn to get if off the shelf.
"THEN WHY DON'T YOU SPRAY IT ALL OVERE THE COUNTRY?" the customer retorts.

piginthecity
.
.
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:20 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19714

Post by piginthecity »

DaveDoodoo007 wrote:
Fuck you faggot... etc ... etc
DaveDoo-Doo tries a little bit too hard to pretend to be an Amrerican doesn't he ? He's like one of those transvestites who only wear pink frocks. He's actually demeaning the thing he wants to be by aping the most cartoonish version of it.

Sunder
.
.
Posts: 3858
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19715

Post by Sunder »

For the record this was the part that set me off:
John D wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:52 pm
50,000 people die of drug overdose.... 40,000 die from car wrecks... both numbers that are increasing (in the US) but - eliminate a bunch of regulations which a bunch of media companies love and the world is ending. :doh:
You're gonna sit here on a forum where the trivial activities of internet atheist has-beens are common discussion fodder and say people concerned about NN are the ones with skewed priorities? How un-self-aware can a person be and still be able to walk and breathe at the same time? Fucking hell.

Sunder
.
.
Posts: 3858
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19716

Post by Sunder »

And no, I'm not intending to demean any Pitizens for wanting to talk about Peezie or Becky's latest public embarrassments, because that's pretty much what I come here for, but I'd hope nobody else would think to use the "what about the starving kids in Africa?" excuse in light of that.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19717

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote: And no, I'm not intending to demean any Pitizens for wanting to talk about Peezie or Becky's latest public embarrassments, because that's pretty much what I come here for, but I'd hope nobody else would think to use the "what about the starving kids in Africa?" excuse in light of that.
More people are killed by malfunctioning toasters than by the loss of Net Neutrality. Let's talk more about toasters :bjarte:

Guest_ded16bec

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19718

Post by Guest_ded16bec »

When Chattanooga wanted high speed broadband, Comcast, the monopoly provider didn't want to provide it. Chattanooga decided to set up their own high speed service and cuddly trustworthy Comcast, in the spirit of the market, sued the city to try to stop it.

CaughtUpLockedOut

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7332
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19719

Post by MarcusAu »

Personally, I come here for the tangents...and the degree of affection I have for some of the posters...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf9SJ9LyDRs

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 17047
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19720

Post by Brive1987 »

Sunder wrote: And no, I'm not intending to demean any Pitizens for wanting to talk about Peezie or Becky's latest public embarrassments, because that's pretty much what I come here for, but I'd hope nobody else would think to use the "what about the starving kids in Africa?" excuse in light of that.
Speaking of which PZ actually spent an entire post today analysing Daily Stormer in order to conclude it was racist. He then got down to his real business of drawing a direct false parallel between this amazing conclusion and all other right wing nazis.

Kinda rich considering he chose to withdraw to his rural silo 90.9% white and with a population just under a half of whom reside in a liberal university.

It's the white liberal fuck knuckles who self loath their culture while luxuriating in its success that will be our ruin.

Just saying.

feathers
.
.
Posts: 6113
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:12 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19721

Post by feathers »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:24 pm
free thoughtpolice wrote: Ronald MacDonald's razor.
Mine's better. He's a fucking clown.
What, has Ronald MacDonald fucked a clown? Hang him!

Snapfingers
.
.
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:45 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19722

Post by Snapfingers »

Now that we agree that Davedodo is a moron, toasters are dangerous and PZ Myers is a rapist I would like to hear anyone's thoughts on the new Star Wars. Personally I thought it was the best one of the series.

feathers
.
.
Posts: 6113
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:12 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19723

Post by feathers »

dogen wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:21 pm
I've never quite understood why the game is called Rochambeau in the USA -- but here is a well-researched article that looks at the question in some detail:
I only know the game Rochambeau as explained by Cartman to Pip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHliDE1_Hls

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19724

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Sunder wrote: And no, I'm not intending to demean any Pitizens for wanting to talk about Peezie or Becky's latest public embarrassments, because that's pretty much what I come here for, but I'd hope nobody else would think to use the "what about the starving kids in Africa?" excuse in light of that.
Speaking of which PZ actually spent an entire post today analysing Daily Stormer in order to conclude it was racist. He then got down to his real business of drawing a direct false parallel between this amazing conclusion and all other right wing nazis.

Kinda rich considering he chose to withdraw to his rural silo 90.9% white and with a population just under a half of whom reside in a liberal university.

It's the white liberal fuck knuckles who self loath their culture while luxuriating in its success that will be our ruin.

Just saying.
So the Daily Stormer is racist? Who would have thought that.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19725

Post by Kirbmarc »

Holy shit, I read the post and it's even worse than you describe it, Brive. It's PZ acting like he's a super clever internet sleuth who discovered some secret tactic of the Daily Stormer to hide their racism by pretending that they're joking.

Truly he is a dazzling intellect. :bjarte:

SM1957
.
.
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19726

Post by SM1957 »

Kirbmarc wrote: Holy shit, I read the post and it's even worse than you describe it, Brive. It's PZ acting like he's a super clever internet sleuth who discovered some secret tactic of the Daily Stormer to hide their racism by pretending that they're joking.

Truly he is a dazzling intellect. :bjarte:
PZ is probably coming up with a blog post even now titled 'This is the one feature of the Klu Klux Klan that surprises everybody'.

AndrewV69
.
.
Posts: 7996
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19727

Post by AndrewV69 »

piginthecity wrote:
DaveDoodoo007 wrote:
Fuck you faggot... etc ... etc
DaveDoo-Doo tries a little bit too hard to pretend to be an Amrerican doesn't he ? He's like one of those transvestites who only wear pink frocks. He's actually demeaning the thing he wants to be by aping the most cartoonish version of it.

My impression is that or some reason he only posts here after he gets good and drunk.

AndrewV69
.
.
Posts: 7996
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19728

Post by AndrewV69 »

Snapfingers wrote: Now that we agree that Davedodo is a moron, toasters are dangerous and PZ Myers is a rapist I would like to hear anyone's thoughts on the new Star Wars. Personally I thought it was the best one of the series.
When Jar Jar made his appearance I walked out of the cinema vowing never to watch another Star Wars film. This vow I will keep till I am dead.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 17047
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19729

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote: Holy shit, I read the post and it's even worse than you describe it, Brive. It's PZ acting like he's a super clever internet sleuth who discovered some secret tactic of the Daily Stormer to hide their racism by pretending that they're joking.

Truly he is a dazzling intellect. :bjarte:
All he wanted to do was to have any non-left critic who uses satire and humour to be literally the Daily Stormer - on the basis they too use these tactics. He is as subtle as he is sophisticated.

Shatterface
.
.
Posts: 5898
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:05 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19730

Post by Shatterface »

Met Police to conduct urgent review after rape trial collapse

The Met Police is to hold an "urgent" review of a rape case after being accused of failing to disclose vital evidence.

Liam Allan, 22, was charged with 12 counts of rape and sexual assault but his trial collapsed after police were ordered to hand over phone records.

A computer disk containing 40,000 messages revealed the alleged victim pestered Mr Allen for "casual sex".

Prosecution barrister Jerry Hayes accused police of "pure incompetence".

The charges against the criminology student were dropped three days into the trial at Croydon Crown Court when Mr Hayes took over the case.

It is understood police had looked at thousands of phone messages when reviewing evidence in the case, but had failed to disclose to the prosecution and defence teams messages between the complainant and her friends which cast doubt on the case against Mr Allan.

The CPS said it offered no evidence in the case on Thursday as there was "no longer a realistic prospect of conviction".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-engla ... n-42365521

Still, at least the case opened a conversation and the accused was given the opportunity to reflect on his privilege.

piginthecity
.
.
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:20 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19731

Post by piginthecity »

AndrewV69 wrote:
piginthecity wrote:
DaveDoodoo007 wrote:
Fuck you faggot... etc ... etc
DaveDoo-Doo tries a little bit too hard to pretend to be an Amrerican doesn't he ? He's like one of those transvestites who only wear pink frocks. He's actually demeaning the thing he wants to be by aping the most cartoonish version of it.

My impression is that or some reason he only posts here after he gets good and drunk.
Yes. And that's why, because I'm scared of his dazzling intellect and rapier wit, I always wait until he's passed out before responding.

gurugeorge
.
.
Posts: 820
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19732

Post by gurugeorge »

Brive1987 wrote:
It's the white liberal fuck knuckles who self loath their culture while luxuriating in its success that will be our ruin.

Just saying.
Someone was saying something similar about Sweden the other day. White Swedish liberals quietly sidle out of town when the going gets tough, and move to the all-white countryside, from whence they loudly proclaim the virtues of multiculturalism.

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19733

Post by shoutinghorse »

Shatterface wrote:
Met Police to conduct urgent review after rape trial collapse

The Met Police is to hold an "urgent" review of a rape case after being accused of failing to disclose vital evidence.

Liam Allan, 22, was charged with 12 counts of rape and sexual assault but his trial collapsed after police were ordered to hand over phone records.

A computer disk containing 40,000 messages revealed the alleged victim pestered Mr Allen for "casual sex".

Prosecution barrister Jerry Hayes accused police of "pure incompetence".

The charges against the criminology student were dropped three days into the trial at Croydon Crown Court when Mr Hayes took over the case.

It is understood police had looked at thousands of phone messages when reviewing evidence in the case, but had failed to disclose to the prosecution and defence teams messages between the complainant and her friends which cast doubt on the case against Mr Allan.

The CPS said it offered no evidence in the case on Thursday as there was "no longer a realistic prospect of conviction".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-engla ... n-42365521

Still, at least the case opened a conversation and the accused was given the opportunity to reflect on his privilege.
Holding an urgent review? .. I can tell them exactly what's gone wrong, our police forces (sorry 'services') and the CPS have been flooded with social justice fucktards unchecked for the last two decades at least.
This is a direct result in having people bullied into accepting that a woman's rape allegations MUST automatically be believed.

That young lad has spent months on remand rotting in a prison cell with the threat that he could spend the next decade behind bars for something he didn't do. I hope he sues for millions.

TedDahlberg
.
.
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:08 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19734

Post by TedDahlberg »

Snapfingers wrote: Now that we agree that Davedodo is a moron, toasters are dangerous and PZ Myers is a rapist I would like to hear anyone's thoughts on the new Star Wars. Personally I thought it was the best one of the series.
My thought as I left the movie theatre (apart from "how the hell did I miss Carrie Fisher dying") was that it was no Empire Strikes Back. That said, however, I liked it. It had some really good moments. Quite a few of them. But at the same time it felt like too much of a transitional movie to be the best. A respectful farewell to the previous movies, and a setup for the future. The next movie will have to stand on its own much more than VII and VIII, without the nostalgia factor being a safe fallback.

John D
.
.
Posts: 4792
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19735

Post by John D »

Sunder wrote: For the record this was the part that set me off:
John D wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:52 pm
50,000 people die of drug overdose.... 40,000 die from car wrecks... both numbers that are increasing (in the US) but - eliminate a bunch of regulations which a bunch of media companies love and the world is ending. :doh:
You're gonna sit here on a forum where the trivial activities of internet atheist has-beens are common discussion fodder and say people concerned about NN are the ones with skewed priorities? How un-self-aware can a person be and still be able to walk and breathe at the same time? Fucking hell.
Mostly I was just bitching about people I suppose. A bunch of people on Facebook have gone absolutely bonkers about Net Neutrality. I just think it is funny that this particular idiosyncratic topic gets so much attention. People who are otherwise posting pictures of their cat suddenly get politically active and full of bile and vitriol over his topic. Locally for example, Dr. Nassar plead guilty of kiddie porn and is being charged with molesting a hundred Olympic girl athletes, but most people can't pronounce his name. Enbridge Energy lied about the condition of the oil pipe running under the Straights of Mackinaw (it's worse than they promised). Detroit is measuring increased levels of lead in children and we don't know why. It is just odd to me what people get all "activist" about. People are mostly parochial I guess. "Who cares about a potential oil spill in Lake Michigan... what I really want is Federal control over the internet!"


katamari Damassi
.
.
Posts: 5428
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:32 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19736

Post by katamari Damassi »

TedDahlberg wrote:
Snapfingers wrote: Now that we agree that Davedodo is a moron, toasters are dangerous and PZ Myers is a rapist I would like to hear anyone's thoughts on the new Star Wars. Personally I thought it was the best one of the series.
Seeing it in an hour. I'm mostly curious to see if Daisy Ridley breathes through her nose at any point.
My thought as I left the movie theatre (apart from "how the hell did I miss Carrie Fisher dying") was that it was no Empire Strikes Back. That said, however, I liked it. It had some really good moments. Quite a few of them. But at the same time it felt like too much of a transitional movie to be the best. A respectful farewell to the previous movies, and a setup for the future. The next movie will have to stand on its own much more than VII and VIII, without the nostalgia factor being a safe fallback.

katamari Damassi
.
.
Posts: 5428
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:32 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19737

Post by katamari Damassi »

katamari Damassi wrote:
TedDahlberg wrote:
Snapfingers wrote: Now that we agree that Davedodo is a moron, toasters are dangerous and PZ Myers is a rapist I would like to hear anyone's thoughts on the new Star Wars. Personally I thought it was the best one of the series.
My thought as I left the movie theatre (apart from "how the hell did I miss Carrie Fisher dying") was that it was no Empire Strikes Back. That said, however, I liked it. It had some really good moments. Quite a few of them. But at the same time it felt like too much of a transitional movie to be the best. A respectful farewell to the previous movies, and a setup for the future. The next movie will have to stand on its own much more than VII and VIII, without the nostalgia factor being a safe fallback.
Goddamn it! Fucked up the quote.

Seeing it in an hour. I'm mostly curious to see if Daisy Ridley breathes through her nose at any point.

jet_lagg
.
.
Posts: 2570
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:57 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19738

Post by jet_lagg »

I decided about two months ago, after reflecting some time on just how brilliant Rian Johnson is, that I was excited about the new Star Wars after all. Since then I've been avoiding all information on the movie, so I can go in cold. Guess that means avoiding the pit as well because of you opening day nerds. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon with my thoughts.

VickyCaramel
.
.
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Sitting with feet up
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19739

Post by VickyCaramel »

Sunder wrote: And no, I'm not intending to demean any Pitizens for wanting to talk about Peezie or Becky's latest public embarrassments, because that's pretty much what I come here for, but I'd hope nobody else would think to use the "what about the starving kids in Africa?" excuse in light of that.
Justicar and Noel plum both have a greater reach than Watson. Peezie, Becky, Dick etc do largely seem to be an irrelevance now.
There is no shortage of people who are 'wrong on the internet' to chose from.

CommanderTuvok
.
.
Posts: 3743
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:18 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19740

Post by CommanderTuvok »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Met Police to conduct urgent review after rape trial collapse

The Met Police is to hold an "urgent" review of a rape case after being accused of failing to disclose vital evidence.

Liam Allan, 22, was charged with 12 counts of rape and sexual assault but his trial collapsed after police were ordered to hand over phone records.

A computer disk containing 40,000 messages revealed the alleged victim pestered Mr Allen for "casual sex".

Prosecution barrister Jerry Hayes accused police of "pure incompetence".

The charges against the criminology student were dropped three days into the trial at Croydon Crown Court when Mr Hayes took over the case.

It is understood police had looked at thousands of phone messages when reviewing evidence in the case, but had failed to disclose to the prosecution and defence teams messages between the complainant and her friends which cast doubt on the case against Mr Allan.

The CPS said it offered no evidence in the case on Thursday as there was "no longer a realistic prospect of conviction".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-engla ... n-42365521

Still, at least the case opened a conversation and the accused was given the opportunity to reflect on his privilege.
Holding an urgent review? .. I can tell them exactly what's gone wrong, our police forces (sorry 'services') and the CPS have been flooded with social justice fucktards unchecked for the last two decades at least.
This is a direct result in having people bullied into accepting that a woman's rape allegations MUST automatically be believed.

That young lad has spent months on remand rotting in a prison cell with the threat that he could spend the next decade behind bars for something he didn't do. I hope he sues for millions.
And we are supposed to believe we live in a "rape culture", a culture where an innocent man can nearly go to prison for 20 years, because the police have being forced/pressured into thinking searching for evidence that could show his innocence, is "problematic", and "sexist".

Locked