In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Shatterface

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Shatterface »

Billie from Ockham wrote: My objection, Shatterface, arose when you got all the way to "sneakers and bitches over education" while still seeming to focus on race over culture. I coach basketball at the junior-high level. It ain't race.
I wrote 'populations where peer groups value the acquisition of sports shoes and bitches over an education' because I was deliberately referring to culture, not genetics.

Genes might dictate the limits of your academic achievements but culture is more a determinant of whether you'll reach those limits. If your peers regard an education as selling out or unmanly you are less likely to reach your full potential.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Billie from Ockham wrote: My reading of "race realism" is that it embodies the claim that important sub-species differences remain even when you control for cultural factors. It's a way of saying "I'm aware of the correlates of race, but there's more to the story than that."

But I've been told at least once that I have it exactly backwards ... that "race realism" is the idea that all observed "racial" differences are cultural (a la Ben Shapiro).
The first time I heard the term it was in relation to medicine.

I'm going with 'population' over 'race' as a useful term.

It's fractal. We can talk about Europeans, the British, the English, people from Norfolk, and families. We can talk about the specific genetic variations at particular points in history: Anglo-Saxons, Normans, whatever.

Race is to broad. Populations mean we have to define those populations from the outset.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Shatterface wrote: I wrote 'populations where peer groups value the acquisition of sports shoes and bitches over an education' because I was deliberately referring to culture, not genetics.
My bad, then.

(Someone should study how and why being on the internet makes one so damned bitchy....)

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Genetics are what they are, any person has a potential that is individual to them.

Culture ( covering peer pressure, religion, et al.) is the major factor in limiting the potential of individuals.

There are examples of people with the same racial background, very similar genetic stock, one group values education and they excell the other does not and they wallow in poverty.

you can find this corrolation in asian, hispanic, white and black communities. ( you can and should also replace communities with individual households as well.)

caveat, you do have individuals who, no matter what advantages and encouragement they receive, will fuck it all up.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Shatterface wrote: I wrote 'populations where peer groups value the acquisition of sports shoes and bitches over an education' because I was deliberately referring to culture, not genetics.
My bad, then.

(Someone should study how and why being on the internet makes one so damned bitchy....)
Everyone's a junior heresy hunter these days, casting sidelong suspicious glances at people they thought were their friends, testing each other for ideological purity, etc., etc. It's a sad state of affairs.

But I think it is a classic moral panic and will probably pass. I think for younger people, they're already immune to taking the internet seriously, whereas for us older generations who had to learn the internet as adults, and had high hopes for it, we take it all far too seriously.

Speaking of moral panic, it looks like the Cenk thing wasn't just an exaggerated nothingburger after all, it has legs. Here's Styx having a laugh about it in fine, spoon-clanking form:-

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Aaand Tim Pool on the same weighty subject:-

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

DrokkIt wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Weirdly enough in Switzerland most working class people are very conservative and right wing, while the very rich are right-wing libertarians and the educated middle class is center-left to left wing, at least according to my experiences.
I think this is where we pretty much are now -Brexit demonstrates this as does the election.
Historically the working class poor of Britain had a friend in Labour's union power as it was made up of working class men. That's not how it is now, and socjus people (who's power in Labour is increasing) tend to see the unions as corrupt and aristocratic.
The working class poor did indeed feel they had a friend in Labour, especially in their heartlands of Northern England. South Wales and the industrial central belt of Scotland but those communities were by and large small c conservative morally, very traditionalist, extremely patriotic and highly religious. With the exception of religion many of these values are still there so with the infiltration of SJW'ism that has taken hold in the Labour party it should come as no surprise that they are losing support in these once very safe areas.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Spike13 wrote: Culture ( covering peer pressure, religion, et al.) is the major factor in limiting the potential of individuals.
That's a pretty dim view of culture. I include the shared understanding of natural phenomena, which is why each generation builds on the previous, instead of starting over.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

My bad, then.

No worries. I just needed to clarify what I meant.

With sex differences we can always compare with other cultures and see the same patterns recurring.

With race we can't because race and culture are overlapping concepts. The only way we could do comparative studies is to look at twins where one is brought up in one culture and the other is brought up in another but even this wouldn't work as a white kid brought up by black foster parents or a black kid brought up by white foster parents isn't having a typical childhood. Nor is a white kid with black peers or a black kid with white peers.

We don't need to isolate the genes for sex based behaviour. We can deduce they are there from observing that behaviour across cultures.

But we can't deduce a genetic component to differences in behaviour in ethnic groups from that behaviour alone because we can't control for culture. To demonstrate these differences are genetic we'd have to identify the genes for particular behaviour first and then look for them in different populations.

Mendelian genetics are enough for accepting that sex differences are genetic. We don't need to know what those genes are or even know what a gene is, just that an observable difference is hereditable by some process that is not culturally determined.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

shoutinghorse wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Weirdly enough in Switzerland most working class people are very conservative and right wing, while the very rich are right-wing libertarians and the educated middle class is center-left to left wing, at least according to my experiences.

I think this is where we pretty much are now -Brexit demonstrates this as does the election.
Historically the working class poor of Britain had a friend in Labour's union power as it was made up of working class men. That's not how it is now, and socjus people (who's power in Labour is increasing) tend to see the unions as corrupt and aristocratic.
The working class poor did indeed feel they had a friend in Labour, especially in their heartlands of Northern England. South Wales and the industrial central belt of Scotland but those communities were by and large small c conservative morally, very traditionalist, extremely patriotic and highly religious. With the exception of religion many of these values are still there so with the infiltration of SJW'ism that has taken hold in the Labour party it should come as no surprise that they are losing support in these once very safe areas.
Yup.

I guess for the non-Brit, the thing to consider is that the term 'Tory' predates the Conservative party by hundreds of years and is the vestige of the pro-monarchy, pro-Catholicism British old guard.

The Tory party developed out of the Royalist Cavaliers, and the Whigs (their opponents) from the Parliamentarian Roundheads.
These are two very entrenched and opposing ideas about what the UK even is, and this persists to this day... however the Whigs closet analogue now would be the Liberal Democrats. The Lib Dems really are the most "middle class" party, similar to the kind of leftist parties Kirb was describing as popular with the wealthy in Switzerland.

Labour on the other hand came about much later, as a response to industrialisation -it holds a tribal loyalty from the working class who are indeed otherwise socially conservative and traditionalist. And I agree that Labour have frittered away this support, now focusing entirely on urban areas and universities.

The kind of responses British working class people are coming up with to all this is UKIP and legit far-right stuff. Nobody is interested in "us", is what everyone round my way thinks. Quite a few of my family members have stopped a lifetime's habit of voting Labour in favour of UKIP.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

This vid from 2016 is kinda prophetic in light of the current dredging up of past sins:-

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

DrokkIt wrote:
Labour on the other hand came about much later, as a response to industrialisation -it holds a tribal loyalty from the working class who are indeed otherwise socially conservative and traditionalist. And I agree that Labour have frittered away this support, now focusing entirely on urban areas and universities.

The kind of responses British working class people are coming up with to all this is UKIP and legit far-right stuff. Nobody is interested in "us", is what everyone round my way thinks. Quite a few of my family members have stopped a lifetime's habit of voting Labour in favour of UKIP.
I think UKIP have shot their bolt with many in the trad Labour strongholds, the in fighting and pathetic performance from Nuttall in the recent election and now the way Henry (Mr. Bland) Bolton is leading the party down a more establishment PC avenue just as afraid to tackle Islamism as the rest has lost support which I don't think they'll be able to claw back.
Anne Marie Waters and her For Britain party may emerge as a viable alternative in the coming years, we shall see, something has to give though, we can't carry on with the shower of shite we have now from both sides of the political house for too much longer.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:42 am
Being British, It is fairly obvious that there is a difference between the Saxons and the Celts. It is evident in our different cultures, the Celts being more passionate and emotional, while the Saxons are stoic and positive.
I hope you're not attributing that to genetics.
Reminds me of this funny one:

http://www.gnxp.com/MT2/archives/003780.html
A brief history of the Irish question - a study of ethnicity in action
In the first century BC the British (or Pretanoi) lived quite happily on their islands all fighting one another, and probably not even aware that they were Pretanoi. This pleasant state of affairs was disrupted by the invasion of the Romans (actually not Romans, but Gauls, Germans, Spaniards, Numidians, Thracians, and lots of others with a few Italians pretending to be Romans for appearance’s sake). After nearly four hundred years of occupation the Britons thought of themselves as Romans (and under this guise had themselves helped invade a few unsuspecting countries such as Dacia).
Lots more at the link shitlords. Read it.

Also, this : The General Social Complexity Factor Is A Thing
602px-Inglehart_Values_Map-1.jpg
(42.56 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
When you do this with genetic data and human populations and use adequate sample representation PC1 is almost always African vs. non-African and PC2 is West Eurasia/North Africa vs. the rest of the world that’s not Africa. Though one can quibble with the details the reality is that these patterns are easy to reconcile with evolutionary history.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

shoutinghorse wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:

I think UKIP have shot their bolt with many in the trad Labour strongholds, the in fighting and pathetic performance from Nuttall in the recent election and now the way Henry (Mr. Bland) Bolton is leading the party down a more establishment PC avenue just as afraid to tackle Islamism as the rest has lost support which I don't think they'll be able to claw back.
Anne Marie Waters and her For Britain party may emerge as a viable alternative in the coming years, we shall see, something has to give though, we can't carry on with the shower of shite we have now from both sides of the political house for too much longer.
Oh I agree, was just trying to evidence that the British working poor *are indeed* small-c conservative, and some historical context for why "The Tories" are seen as bad by the same people. It's a fucking m e s s right now, bunch of useless ditherers all over the shop.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Shatterface wrote: Te: Race. Bret Weinstein discusses it on Sam Harris's latest podcast (well worth listening to for a number of reasons) and I think he makes a lot of sense talking about 'populations' and 'lineage' instead. The word 'race' is too vague and it's too tainted with historical associations.
The technical term is "sub-species". I don't foresee any problems using that.
I like to point out that using the term "breed" rather than "race" is much more descriptive and closer to the mark, but lots of people seem to get upset, especially when I use dogs and cattle to illustrate.

John D

Post by John D »

IMG_0513.jpg
(146.75 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
I want to thank everyone from "down under" for their contribution to the culture of America by sending this amazing cultural performance to Las Vegas. I was too busy to watch the show this time... but maybe the next time I am in town....

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Just do not use the vegetable comparison.

Eggplant vs the Cantaloupe

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Ridley, in this week's Spectator:
It is true that intelligence is one of the most strongly heritable human traits, like height. In childhood, among people who get sufficient food and a reasonable education, genes account for about 40 per cent of the variation in IQ. Later in life this rises to more like 80 per cent. If this sounds puzzling, consider this friend of mine: left a bad school at 15, worked as a lorry driver for a big company, which spotted his intelligence and paid for him to attend a top university, where he got a first, rejoined the company and is now a global senior executive: his achievement at 45 better reflects his innate intelligence than his achievement at 15. As a child we don’t get to choose our environments, so clever kids often don’t get to read as many books or do as many mind-bending maths puzzles as they would like, while stupid children read more books and get more maths tutoring than they would if left to their own devices. By adulthood, we are choosing and modifying the life that suits us.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/12/eve ... -for-them/

Here's a thought. Why would anyone manipulate their kid's genome to make them smarter or faster or stronger? Isn't the biological imperative to pass on your own genes, not those of Einstein or Usain Bolt?

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Shatterface wrote: Matt Ridley, in this week's Spectator:
It is true that intelligence is one of the most strongly heritable human traits, like height. In childhood, among people who get sufficient food and a reasonable education, genes account for about 40 per cent of the variation in IQ. Later in life this rises to more like 80 per cent. If this sounds puzzling, consider this friend of mine: left a bad school at 15, worked as a lorry driver for a big company, which spotted his intelligence and paid for him to attend a top university, where he got a first, rejoined the company and is now a global senior executive: his achievement at 45 better reflects his innate intelligence than his achievement at 15. As a child we don’t get to choose our environments, so clever kids often don’t get to read as many books or do as many mind-bending maths puzzles as they would like, while stupid children read more books and get more maths tutoring than they would if left to their own devices. By adulthood, we are choosing and modifying the life that suits us.

Here's a thought. Why would anyone manipulate their kid's genome to make them smarter or faster or stronger? Isn't the biological imperative to pass on your own genes, not those of Einstein or Usain Bolt?
That imperative gets translated into a wish for their children's general prosperity. I'd like my children to be taller, smarter, & better looking than me...while somehow still being my offspring.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I get the giggles when I read stuff like this. Government sets targets for gender and ethnic diversity in quangos
The government has for the first time committed to ensuring that a specific percentage of public appointees should be women and people from ethnic minority groups.

The Cabinet Office has said that within five years, half of all 5,500 existing public appointees should be females and 14% people from ethnic minorities. Its previous “aspiration”, made in 2013, was that 50% of new appointees should be women.
Inability to learn from the outcomes that others have experienced is just the start. When reality fails to meet your expectations, do not question your ideology, just double down.

Of course, there will be consequences. Easy enough for me to laugh.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Shatterface wrote: I think preferences are more decisive than IQ differences especially among men and women. These are much more innate than SJWs will admit, mainly because they won't admit any innate differences at all.

Preferences along racial lines - or population lines - might be more amenable to social change but there's fuck all that, say, STEM fields can do to attract people from populations where peer groups value the acquisition of sports shoes and bitches over the an education.
I agree with your opening, but you seem to slide too easily from something that probably has a genetic component to something that is probably entirely cultural.
people choose their peer groups based on intelligence.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I chose my peer group based on post code.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

What she means is bring your whole family over to watch you put that gold ring on my finger :twatson:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

AndrewV69 wrote: I get the giggles when I read stuff like this. Government sets targets for gender and ethnic diversity in quangos
The government has for the first time committed to ensuring that a specific percentage of public appointees should be women and people from ethnic minority groups.

The Cabinet Office has said that within five years, half of all 5,500 existing public appointees should be females and 14% people from ethnic minorities. Its previous “aspiration”, made in 2013, was that 50% of new appointees should be women.
Inability to learn from the outcomes that others have experienced is just the start. When reality fails to meet your expectations, do not question your ideology, just double down.

Of course, there will be consequences. Easy enough for me to laugh.
They've increased their target from an aspiration of 50% to half?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

im interested in race realism... i think it would explain a lot around criminality and lack of educational achievement or capability. i do find more often these days that im conscious of the fact i can get mentally from a to b to solution faster than other people, and the people who want to spend tim3 with me are people who i have huge respect for intellectually.

ive seen videos that suggest that white children born in shit places have highe4 iqs than black kids raised in privilege. i think as the mo4e discerning people get about having children and who they have them with, the greater that gap is going to be.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

apologies for typing im in australia and have no keybord

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

The embarrassing old soak. :obscene-drinkingdrunk:

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Shatterface wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:12 pm
Billie from Ockham wrote: My reading of "race realism" is that it embodies the claim that important sub-species differences remain even when you control for cultural factors. It's a way of saying "I'm aware of the correlates of race, but there's more to the story than that."

But I've been told at least once that I have it exactly backwards ... that "race realism" is the idea that all observed "racial" differences are cultural (a la Ben Shapiro).
The first time I heard the term it was in relation to medicine.

I'm going with 'population' over 'race' as a useful term.

It's fractal. We can talk about Europeans, the British, the English, people from Norfolk, and families. We can talk about the specific genetic variations at particular points in history: Anglo-Saxons, Normans, whatever.

Race is to broad. Populations mean we have to define those populations from the outset.
Do people from Norfolk qualify as human? The webbed feet must surely qualify them for a different species.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

You won't be laughing at webbed feet when the UK is underwater.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Charles Murray is once again peddling junk science about race and IQ

Despite the headline the article pretty much agrees with Murray. Finally this:
Our bottom line is that there is a responsible, scientifically informed alternative to Murrayism: a non-essentialist view of intelligence, a non-deterministic view of behavior genetics, and a view of group differences that avoids oversimplified biology.
If you shut up wrongthink Murray you might point and shriek at us goodthink people too so do not do it ... OK?
Liberals make a mistake when they try to prevent scholars from being heard — even those whose methods and logic are as slipshod as Murray’s. That would be true even if there were not scientific views of intelligence and genetics that progressives would likely find acceptable. But given that there is such a view, it is foolish indeed to try to prevent public discussion.
This was pretty much the last straw. I do not bother reading Vox any more. Had enough of their politics.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

rayshul wrote: apologies for typing im in australia and have no keybord
Like the placenta, keyboards are an adaptation that passed the antipodes by.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

rayshul wrote: apologies for typing im in australia and have no keybord
Like the placenta, keyboards are an adaptation that passed the antipodes by.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Bugger.

As an aside, spellchecker kept amending antipodes to stupidest.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:39 pm
DrokkIt wrote:

I see it completely different. Ann-Marie Waters comes across as a "swivel eyed loon", and she attracts all the swivel eyed loons over from UKIP.
You cannot base a political party on being anti-Islam.... it just isn't British. It's okay to be racist, as long as you aren't seen to be racist. We have our famous sense of fair play and we should at least be seen to be egalitarian... then we can deal with the wogs when nobody's looking, but don't make a big deal of it.

The infighting within UKIP was in large part caused by Ann Marie Waters. Now that she has gone they can focus on Policy.... if Henry Bolton can get some airtime. It seems like the media are trying to sideline UKIP rather than just smear them now.

UKIP is a party which wants to re-Nationalize the railways, but is for individual freedom and trimming back the nanny state. If they carry on with populist policies like these and can avoid scandal (mainly the accusations of racism) then they can build into something big.
It is ironic to me that their manifesto was by far the most liberal, and yet they were stealing voters from both labour and the tories.

It is amazing to me that UKIP aren't bigger than they are despite Nuttall, but having said that they are bigger than the Scottish National Party.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:39 pm
I chose my peer group based on that book by Burke.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:47 pm
Reminds me of this funny one:

http://www.gnxp.com/MT2/archives/003780.html
A brief history of the Irish question - a study of ethnicity in action
In the first century BC the British (or Pretanoi) lived quite happily on their islands all fighting one another, and probably not even aware that they were Pretanoi. This pleasant state of affairs was disrupted by the invasion of the Romans (actually not Romans, but Gauls, Germans, Spaniards, Numidians, Thracians, and lots of others with a few Italians pretending to be Romans for appearance’s sake). After nearly four hundred years of occupation the Britons thought of themselves as Romans (and under this guise had themselves helped invade a few unsuspecting countries such as Dacia).
That reminds me of a skit somebody did about trying to explain who was fighting who at the Battle of the Boyne to an Irish American who thought it was the Irish versus the British.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

VickyCaramel wrote: You cannot base a political party on being anti-Islam.... it just isn't British. It's okay to be racist, as long as you aren't seen to be racist.

Are you really going down the 'criticism of Islam is racist' road Vicky? I know you don't like the woman but come on.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: IMG_0513.jpgI want to thank everyone from "down under" for their contribution to the culture of America by sending this amazing cultural performance to Las Vegas. I was too busy to watch the show this time... but maybe the next time I am in town....
Howard Stern had them on, years ago. Puppetry begins around 11 minutes in...

windy

Post by windy »

Shatterface wrote: Matt Ridley, in this week's Spectator:

Sexual reproduction means we already throw away half of our genetic material when making each egg or sperm, in order for the remaining ones to have a better chance of making it. Swapping a few genes with Einstein or Bolt might also be an acceptable evolutionary deal, if the benefits for the remaining genes outweigh the risk of getting edited out.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

So what you're saying is genetic engineering is cucking yourself with science and you don't even need a strapping bull?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

shoutinghorse wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: You cannot base a political party on being anti-Islam.... it just isn't British. It's okay to be racist, as long as you aren't seen to be racist.
Are you really going down the 'criticism of Islam is racist' road Vicky? I know you don't like the woman but come on.
I am sure I have told you this story before, but back in the 70s my cousin was quite prominent in the National Front. It started out as a self defense thing as the blacks were trying you drive the whites out. It went on quite a while, into the riots in the 1980s, Keith Blakelock and all that.

One day I was at his house when there was a knock on the door. Three large West Indians stood there and one of them said "Is Tom in?".
At that moment my cousin appeared at the top of the stairs... they saw him, and one of them said, "Alright Tom? Are you coming out Paki-bashing?".

The moral of the story is, even the blacks hate the pakis.

The last decade has seen a complete change in the nature if Islam in the UK and across Europe. Muslims have been in this country since the 1960s and Islam wasn't a problem before. But pakistanis and Bangladeshis failed to integrate, and people don't like them. Political correctness has not made the racism go away, it has just buried it.

People might have black friends, and their sister married Ned from across the road and he's a really great guy.... but when a black woman parks on the piss outside the mini-mart, their mind goes straight to "Fucking inconsiderate niggers" and they cross the road when they see one coming after dark.

Let's not kid ourselves.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

In the UK, every shadow after dark is Schrödinger's nigger?

Probably a corollary of Reagan’s “A nation that cannot control its borders is not a nation.”

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

In case I get too busy with wrapping presents and getting in the Christmas cheer I'll be to drunk to do this or remember it on Christmas day so I give all of the Slymepitters a preemptive

Happy Christmas Tits!!!

http://www.theluxuryspot.com/wp-content ... re-451.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWAvL-6WcAAZFzP.png

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/ ... large2.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 8304eb.jpg

Yes, there is no better gift than Christmas booby.
I love you too.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

MacGruberKnows wrote: Yes, there is no better gift than Christmas booby.
Last year, my missus ambushed me with a sprig of mistletoe hanging just above her twinkle-cave - tits are great but fine dining below the waist is where it's at. What can I say? Giving is its own reward...

(Sorry, I'm a wee bitty drunk)

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Bhurzum wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote: Yes, there is no better gift than Christmas booby.
Last year, my missus ambushed me with a sprig of mistletoe hanging just above her twinkle-cave - tits are great but fine dining below the waist is where it's at. What can I say? Giving is its own reward...

(Sorry, I'm a wee bitty drunk)
So, uhmmmm,

Happy Christmas Pussy!!!

http://all4desktop.com/data_images/1280 ... prouts.jpg

feathers

Post by feathers »

windy wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:18 pm
Sexual reproduction means we already throw away half of our genetic material when making each egg or sperm, in order for the remaining ones to have a better chance of making it. Swapping a few genes with Einstein or Bolt might also be an acceptable evolutionary deal, if the benefits for the remaining genes outweigh the risk of getting edited out.
Question is, would the result be able to conclusively prove we can go faster than light?

feathers

Post by feathers »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:23 pm
Yes, there is no better gift than Christmas booby.
I love you too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5wwgsTXxLA

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

This shit got loonier than I imagined. Kraut was the best thing that ever happened to the race realists on Youtube. I really liked that guy, but this looks pretty damn indefensible.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

So, it looks like Marvel decided making money was better than printing intersectional bullshit until they went out of business.

https://imgur.com/miC6QRU.png

If you read the rest of the thread, justice muppets are certain the titles aren't selling because Marvel doesn't know how to market them.

https://twitter.com/OliverSava/status/9 ... 9295136768

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Easy J wrote: This shit got loonier than I imagined. Kraut was the best thing that ever happened to the race realists on Youtube. I really liked that guy, but this looks pretty damn indefensible.

He got too personally involved and started to act stupidly.

BUT

All the cries of DOXXING amount to little more than googling people to see what they did in the past as far as I can make out. Shady? probably, dumb? undoubtedly, morally reprehensible action of a monster? ehhhhhhhhh

There is an incredible amount of moralising going on over this, from people who were 100% happy to google Candice Black's past and use it against her. I think the Andy Warski faction ought to grow up, and realise that doing tens of hours livestreaming over this is inflating the severity beyond all reason. UNLESS of course the reason is driving views on their respective youtube channels or something.

I've really enjoyed watching Jim Metokur skillfully ingratiate himself to these people so he can directly tease them into making fools of themselves live. No way is any of that going to be made fun of or anything. L O L

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Ape+lust wrote: So, it looks like Marvel decided making money was better than printing intersectional bullshit until they went out of business.

https://imgur.com/miC6QRU.png

If you read the rest of the thread, justice muppets are certain the titles aren't selling because Marvel doesn't know how to market them.

https://twitter.com/OliverSava/status/9 ... 9295136768
The same old sob story when Atheism+ collapsed, The Orbit fails to take off, Ghostbusters 2.0 flops.....there is always some stupid excuse.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Didn't Kraut used to post here on the pit? I thought I recognized his avatar, which is why I initially subscribed to his youtube channel.

Or maybe we engaged in similar twitter and forum discussions elsewhere.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

DrokkIt wrote: He got too personally involved and started to act stupidly.

BUT

All the cries of DOXXING amount to little more than googling people to see what they did in the past as far as I can make out. Shady? probably, dumb? undoubtedly, morally reprehensible action of a monster? ehhhhhhhhh

There is an incredible amount of moralising going on over this, from people who were 100% happy to google Candice Black's past and use it against her. I think the Andy Warski faction ought to grow up, and realise that doing tens of hours livestreaming over this is inflating the severity beyond all reason. UNLESS of course the reason is driving views on their respective youtube channels or something.
I suspect that this all ties in with what some people have said here over the last few pages, that they were indoctrinated into disgust and revulsion at conservatives. This all goes a damn sight further than "personally involved, this is a moral crusade. They seem to think they are the Stasi.

I think most people have gauged things about right on the issue of doxing. But keeping intelligence files on everybody from Paul Joseph Watson to Aydin Paladin, conspiring to create ops and disinformation campaigns, pseudo gangs and false flags... even planting fake porn! ....who the fuck are these people?

Have SJWs ever done anything this crazy?

They have self radicalized, and thankfully their fanaticism is matched by their incompetence. They deserve everything they get, and we deserve to enjoy all the drama.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

VickyCaramel wrote: Have SJWs ever done anything this crazy?
Absolutely.
What bothers me about this is I kind of liked Kraut. It is disappointing to see him go this route.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

VickyCaramel wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
I am sure I have told you this story before, but back in the 70s my cousin was quite prominent in the National Front. It started out as a self defense thing as the blacks were trying you drive the whites out. It went on quite a while, into the riots in the 1980s, Keith Blakelock and all that.

One day I was at his house when there was a knock on the door. Three large West Indians stood there and one of them said "Is Tom in?".
At that moment my cousin appeared at the top of the stairs... they saw him, and one of them said, "Alright Tom? Are you coming out Paki-bashing?".

The moral of the story is, even the blacks hate the pakis.

The last decade has seen a complete change in the nature if Islam in the UK and across Europe. Muslims have been in this country since the 1960s and Islam wasn't a problem before. But pakistanis and Bangladeshis failed to integrate, and people don't like them. Political correctness has not made the racism go away, it has just buried it.

People might have black friends, and their sister married Ned from across the road and he's a really great guy.... but when a black woman parks on the piss outside the mini-mart, their mind goes straight to "Fucking inconsiderate niggers" and they cross the road when they see one coming after dark.

Let's not kid ourselves.
Let's not kid ourselves
I think you're kidding yourself. All this "institutional racism" BS is by and large just that, BS. My landlord is a black man, on a personal level he is a likeable charming chap but as a landlord he is a greedy cunt, but I don't automatically think 'greedy nigger cunt'

As for Muslims being in this country since the 60's, so fucking what, that is no counter argument to call any criticism of Islam as having anything to do with racism.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

how very ... traditional

https://i.imgur.com/Wey1u1s.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bjwbELk.jpg

We even had a dope in a suit take on Dawkins from the pulpit. Very poorly indeed.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote:
John D wrote: IMG_0513.jpgI want to thank everyone from "down under" for their contribution to the culture of America by sending this amazing cultural performance to Las Vegas. I was too busy to watch the show this time... but maybe the next time I am in town....
Howard Stern had them on, years ago. Puppetry begins around 11 minutes in...

Makes Louis CK look like an amateur.

These guys must have been doing their act for over 20 years at the point. And I suspect people have been fiddling about with parts of their anatomy best left unmentioned for a good while longer than that.

In any case whether you believe or not - I hope everyone's holidays are beyond what they could have expected - and that you all get what you deserve.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b2/84/45/b284 ... -carol.jpg

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Let's not kid ourselves
I think you're kidding yourself. All this "institutional racism" BS is by and large just that, BS. My landlord is a black man, on a personal level he is a likeable charming chap but as a landlord he is a greedy cunt, but I don't automatically think 'greedy nigger cunt'

As for Muslims being in this country since the 60's, so fucking what, that is no counter argument to call any criticism of Islam as having anything to do with racism.
When they share those photos on facebook of the only white kid in a class full of muslims, it pisses people off, that's why they share them. Or when they show photos of street scenes of Birmingham, Bradford, Luton or Ilford 20 years ago compared to now.
If you think that their only problem with this is Islam, you are kidding yourself.

Racism is alive and well in the UK. People just need an excuse and Islamic extremism will do fine. But to display racism openly is unseemly, that's why they will never flock to Ann Marie Waters, it is too close to the knuckle. Nobody wants to be associated with Skinheads and Nazis, they will instead vote for a man in a suit who gives them a load of sensible middle of the road policies, and states in a matter of fact way that something has to be done about immigration. AMW is too throthing on the subject, I hope she keeps on throthing about it and pumping out the propaganda, she will get millions on board with what she is saying, but at the polling station people will want to wind it back a notch.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:39 pm
I chose my peer group based on that book by Burke.
I'm guessing that the post code is WC something...but not a common house.