Post by shoutinghorse »

English feet matter. :lol:

VickyCaramel

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by VickyCaramel »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:22 am
MarcusAu wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: What's a mutual?
I'm assuming it's short for 'mutual acquaintance'.
Ape+lust wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: What's a mutual?
I assume it's a courtesy follow. You follow someone you admire and they follow you back because they're polite, not because they're especially interested in you.
Thanks. Thought it might me some kind poly millennial speak.
I thought it was the emergency alternative to #nofap

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Assange was celebrated as a hero by the far left, while George W. Bush was called Hitler. Now Bush is celebrated and Assange is called a fascist. I don't think either is as bad as they're vilified, but not as good as they're glorified.
Assange is an incompetent boob who happened to get lucky by being in the right place at the right time.

His handling of the Bradley Manning material is a case in point: After going to considerable trouble to expunge personal identifiers and whatnot from the cables, they fucked up and released both parts of the two-part key protecting the unredacted copy. It's incredibly fortunate that the material was almost entirely low level noise; if it hadn't been they could have gotten a bunch of people killed.

https://readwrite.com/2011/08/29/wikile ... _exposing/

Descriptions of Assange at the time talk about him carrying large amounts of secret material on his person, fumbling through bags full of USB drives, SD cards, and whatnot looking for stuff. Scary.

More recently there's the business where the identities of rape victims were published:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/ ... udi-arabia

And of course there's the whole DNC thing, which among other things released the social security numbers of several people.

Of course Wikileaks isn't alone in its arrogance and incompetence. Glenn Greenwald's and the Intercept's appalling handling of the initial release of the Snoden materials is well known, as is their fuckup where they apparently didn't know enough not to release scanned images of printouts,
leading directly to Reality Leigh Winner's arrest:

https://thehackernews.com/2017/06/nsa-r ... -leak.html

But the fact they aren't alone in this is hardly an excuse.
Kirbmarc wrote: At least Assange didn't start a disastrous war that resulted into thousands of lives lost and didn't accomplish anything but to make the Middle East even MORE unstable. I find the new appreciation for Bush a symptom of the shallowness of certain parts of the US left, especially the cultural/Hollywood leftist elites.
That's only because he was never in position to start one. The man is a petty and vindictive ideologue who never cared enough to establish proper protocols in his organization for handling the sensitive materials they were entrusted with.

As it stands I wouldn't trust Wikileaks/Assange or The Intercept/Greenwald with diddley-squat.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:39 pm
I enjoyed Star Wars, but it was not a significant part of my life. It was just another movie from a time before I would be able to recognize that Princess Lea was supposed to be attractive.
A couple of years ago when The Force Awakens came out, I saw a lot of commentary from women(including Carrie Fisher herself)responding to reactions about Carrie Fisher's change in appearance. It was along the lines of :o "men think sixty-something year-old women are obligated to look like their hot 20-something selves. But I never heard anyone lament that she wasn't a hot 20-something anymore, only that she was unrecognizable as her former self. While Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford are still recognizable, she looked and sounded like a completely different person. She also seems 20 years older than her age at her death. With great effort the movie makers managed to make her look like a stranger wearing a Carrie Fisher mask.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Ape+lust wrote: In that case, Bhurzum had better reconsider before this shows up.
https://imgur.com/Bn3Yj7D.jpg
My nuts just crawled up into my abdomen and dragged my dick along for good measure.

https://m.popkey.co/18fc00/O9ebk.gif

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Assange is an incompetent boob who happened to get lucky by being in the right place at the right time.

His handling of the Bradley Manning material is a case in point: After going to considerable trouble to expunge personal identifiers and whatnot from the cables, they fucked up and released both parts of the two-part key protecting the unredacted copy. It's incredibly fortunate that the material was almost entirely low level noise; if it hadn't been they could have gotten a bunch of people killed.

More recently there's the business where the identities of rape victims were published:

And of course there's the whole DNC thing, which among other things released the social security numbers of several people.

Of course Wikileaks isn't alone in its arrogance and incompetence. Glenn Greenwald's and the Intercept's appalling handling of the initial release of the Snoden materials is well known, as is their fuckup where they apparently didn't know enough not to release scanned images of printouts,
leading directly to Reality Leigh Winner's arrest:
This is my understanding too, very disturbing ways of handling and releasing the material although a far cry from claiming that Assange is being run by Putin or has gotten his materials from Putin.

But then again, their incompetence seems par for the course these days for media figures, pundits, researchers, politicians.

They all seem to be surprisingly incompetent, agenda driven assholes.

Really?

Post by Really? »

katamari Damassi wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
I enjoyed Star Wars, but it was not a significant part of my life. It was just another movie from a time before I would be able to recognize that Princess Lea was supposed to be attractive.
A couple of years ago when The Force Awakens came out, I saw a lot of commentary from women(including Carrie Fisher herself)responding to reactions about Carrie Fisher's change in appearance. It was along the lines of :o "men think sixty-something year-old women are obligated to look like their hot 20-something selves. But I never heard anyone lament that she wasn't a hot 20-something anymore, only that she was unrecognizable as her former self. While Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford are still recognizable, she looked and sounded like a completely different person. She also seems 20 years older than her age at her death. With great effort the movie makers managed to make her look like a stranger wearing a Carrie Fisher mask.
The feminists made the same mistake with Renee Zellweger. Nobody was saying that she was ugly or had aged badly...They were merely pointing out that Renee didn't look like Renee.
https://pmchollywoodlife.files.wordpres ... .jpg?w=600

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Some of that presumably is her decades of drug abuse. Much of that is plastic surgery, facelifts and botox.

I wish there was a Nuremberg for plastic surgeons. I don't understand how so many people walk out with such bad results and the surgeon able to harm again.

I wish someone could convince actresses, because it is mostly women, to just say no to plastic surgery, that they look far better as aging human women then as twilight zone nightmares.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

James Fridman is one of those Photoshop pranksters who takes requests and fulfills them with Bedazzled-style twists. He doesn't publicly refuse work very often, so I was glad to see him tell this trendy snowflake Mom off for the right reasons:

https://imgur.com/nAkHUt7.jpg

:clap:

Here's a sample of his usual fare:

https://imgur.com/2iiLeUR.jpg

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Shatterface wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:14 pm
jugheadnaut wrote:
Shatterface wrote: There seems to be a fuck of a lot of projection about the new Star Wars. I haven't heard negative opinions on the movie from anyone I give a shit about, still less 'anger'.

Anyone 'angry' about a movie needs to sort their fucking priorities out.
The projection is entirely on your side. You haven't personally heard anything so you assume others who are angry about it are projecting their anger as a mass movement. You want to see anger? Check out the YouTube channel reviews of this movie. You'll find it without effort.
Your evidence of anger is from YouTube.

Think about that.

Now go looking for something that doesn't provoke an apoplectic fit from someone on YouTube.
How do you think fan anger at TLJ would manifest itself? Mass protests in the streets and riots? No, it would be on social media. The situation on YouTube isn't a handful of people having an apoplectic fit, but hundreds and hundreds of videos on the subject of how terrible the movie is, with only a sprinkling of videos defending it. Also, this isn't just my interpretation. The entertainment media is full of stories about the fan backlash.

I do miss the old IMDB message boards for this kind of thing. You could really get a sense of the zeitgeist around a movie from the movie's board, assuming it wasn't infested by trolls.
jugheadnaut wrote: Personally, I'm not angry, mostly disappointed. This is already dissolving into apathy. But I can definitely understand how disappointment becomes anger for an actual Star Wars fan, which I am not.
Shatterface wrote: You can understand this non-existent anger coming from fans of something that you are not a fan of.
Why yes, I can. I hated Abrams' 2009 Nu Trek movie more than TLJ, and for very similar reasons. In that case I was angry as well, even a week after seeing it. I didn't really consider myself a Star Trek afficionado, but that reaction told me I had more invested than I thought. So I definitely empathize with how hate can become anger in this situation.

I very much agree with you that getting angry at a movie demonstrates a lack of priorities and I was able to get some perspective after that first week, and my mood was improved considerably by seeing a really good science fiction movie (Moon). I was left with just confustion? How could such an obvious trainwreck of a movie be getting both good reviews (it was at 97% at Rotten Tomatoes), and, it seemed, great audience response as well. I was wondering whether I was just not experiencing movies in the same way the majority of people were. I do seem to have much less ability to suspend disbelief than most people. I was helped out here by the IMDB message board, where there was a very vocal minority with the same opinion I had, and defenders of the movie couldn't come up with a cogent response to them other than 'it was fun'.
Shatterface wrote: Even professional critics can be wrong: I remember John Brosnan giving The Emoire Strikes Back a very shitty review in Starburst.

But I'm not seeing any sense that there's a consensus developing against this movie anymore than there was against Empire. What I am seeing is 'I don't like it and therefore nobody else does either'.
It's hard to be sure, since ESB was released in the modern day equivalent of the paleolithic era, but the meme some are spreading of the contemporaneous reaction to ESB being mixed seems like historical revisionism in the service of defending TLJ. There certainly were some negative reviews, which I knew about even at the time because my local paper would publish a Rotten Tomatoes style digest of reviews on Sundays. The Rotten Tomatoes score for ESB is now 94%,which doesn't shed much light since many reviews used in the index are post Plinkettization, but they do still have a bunch of contemporaneous reviews available, and a quick scan shows them running about 8:1 positive. I don't doubt there was some negative fan opinion, but my experience as a 14 year old was that reaction was without exception ecstatic.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

jet_lagg wrote: Fucking hell. We're surrounded by unbelievers. Jugheadnaut, I propose we put aside our differences to form unified front against this heresy.
Sorry, can't defend against the heresy very well. Star Wars is basically mediocre fantasy with execrable science fiction elements. For many people, especially around my age or a bit younger, it was their first exposure to either genre. It has a lot of synergy between these elements, so the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and I give Lucas credit for crafting that, at least in the original trilogy. I can easily see how someone who had previous experience in either genre would be left totally cold by Star Wars.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Really? wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
The feminists made the same mistake with Renee Zellweger. Nobody was saying that she was ugly or had aged badly...They were merely pointing out that Renee didn't look like Renee.
I imagine that for a young actress, starting to lose your looks with age must be highly traumatic. Not only is a lot of their self-esteem invested in their looks, it puts their livelihood at risk as well. That first time she goes to a Hollywood party and the mens' attention is focused on the latest pretty young things while she's all but invisible must be shattering. It's not that surprising that many of them are willing to risk highly aggressive cosmetic surgery to make themselves look younger at the expense of not looking like themselves any more.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Shatterface wrote: Also: Lifeforce. How exactly does a geostationary orbit above London work?
I quite like Lifeforce, especially the Gigeresque design of the alien spaceship. And Mathilda May is a work of art. Somewhat bittersweetly, the destruction of London was accomplished by fucking up models from the then recently closed Tucktonia and its bloody amazing model village :-(

feathers

Post by feathers »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:45 am
I wish there was a Nuremberg for plastic surgeons. I don't understand how so many people walk out with such bad results and the surgeon able to harm again.
And while we're at it, Sobibor for tattooists.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Careful what you virtue signal .. There is a lot of support for Trump in the UK (and a lot of disdain for Obama) despite what is reported in the newspapers and media and even among those who might not be that enamoured about the man, many see the importance of recognising the elected president of our greatest ally. You salute the rank not the man.
I'm afraid this Hollywood feminist soon to be princess could be the downfall of our at present popular young Royals.

https://i.imgur.com/xdmXkER.png

http://celebrityinsider.org/prince-harr ... ead-99548/

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:17 am
https://imgur.com/nAkHUt7.jpg
Well to be honest, if you let a 9-year old girl do kids' stuff, she'll take a dive in mom's make-up box.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

shoutinghorse wrote: Careful what you virtue signal .. There is a lot of support for Trump in the UK (and a lot of disdain for Obama) despite what is reported in the newspapers and media and even among those who might not be that enamoured about the man, many see the importance of recognising the elected president of our greatest ally. You salute the rank not the man.
I'm afraid this Hollywood feminist soon to be princess could be the downfall of our at present popular young Royals.

I think he can invite whomsoever he wants to his wedding.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Carrie Fisher's face was so stiff in The Force Awakens that I thought someone had painted Threepio pink. It's not fans demanding actresses don't age, it's Hollywood culture. What looks fine across a restaurant looks freakish when blown up on the cinema screen.

As to the whole 'angry fan' response, it's really not up to me to prove it doesn't exist, it's really up to people who think searching YouTube for 'angry fan response' constitutes evidence of a general angry response to demonstrates this is anywhere representative.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Well to be honest, if you let a 9-year old girl do kids' stuff, she'll take a dive in mom's make-up box.
And I can believe boys might do that too, but when you get to mom creating an instagram account for her makeup loving son, then you have to ask the mother, Mrs. Gein, the Biting Beaver, to live her own life, and get some help if she is still upset she has a boy with a dirty birdy penis.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Shatterface wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:50 am
There seems to be a fuck of a lot of projection about the new Star Wars. I haven't heard negative opinions on the movie from anyone I give a shit about, still less 'anger'.

Anyone 'angry' about a movie needs to sort their fucking priorities out.
I just saw it with the family. Throughout the whole movie, my main thought was "What's with all the fucking gravity in space? Why are your laser shots following parabolic arcs? You're not near a fucking black hole, so what the fuck is going on you fucking scienceless gimps".

dogen

Post by dogen »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:10 pm
I'm guessing Lindy West.
If it was her, surely the ferry in the foreground would be on the bottom of the harbor?

dogen

Post by dogen »

Shatterface wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:50 pm
Also: Lifeforce. How exactly does a geostationary orbit above London work?
But... but... Vampires! Tits!

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:40 pm
deLurch wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:57 am
Is this the potholer in question?

https://www.youtube.com/user/potholer54/videos

Not very many videos. But it would not be unusual for there to be an inverse relationship between quantity & quality.
I was just assuming it was. He doesn't do many vids because he isn't about drama or subscribers. He's a science media pro of some sort and pretty much sticks to point by point debunking with references to scientific publications. He's the guy who Crowder backed out of debating about climate change. Perhaps Crowder had just enough awareness to realise that regurgitating talking points at Potholer wasn't going to end well for him.
This is still one of my favorite Potholer videos, where he shows the exact methods by which unscrupulous media doctors quotes, and the steps which responsible media must take in order to be honest and transparent:

Even has a small segment with Assange for extra relevance to current Pit discussions.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Ape+lust wrote: Lying asshole is lying.

https://imgur.com/TIn2jkw.png

https://imgur.com/TvygYRO.png

She's always lied about being meatless, posting carnivore plate selfies between declarations of vegetarianism. And now she's going to torture her dog, only so she can lord her unbending skepticism over us poseurs :(
I was aware of Peez's constant bouts of trying to go veg while fighting the temptation of eating literally every scrap of meat that passes through his field of vision, and more often than not losing.

But of course Becky would have been his role model. Why did I not see that coming?

John D

Post by John D »

Watched Wonder Woman with my wife last night. I liked it. It was just a fun fantasy... full of stupid shit... haha... but entertaining enough and not preachy in my opinion.... and Gal is fucking hot as hell. It was an extra bonus was that my wife let me say she was hot as hell and she didn't get mad at me.

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

shoutinghorse wrote: Careful what you virtue signal .. There is a lot of support for Trump in the UK (and a lot of disdain for Obama) despite what is reported in the newspapers and media and even among those who might not be that enamoured about the man, many see the importance of recognising the elected president of our greatest ally. You salute the rank not the man.

Weird. I must be in some kind of middle class bubble in which nobody has anything but contempt for Trump and nostalgia for Obama.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
And I can believe boys might do that too, but when you get to mom creating an instagram account for her makeup loving son, then you have to ask the mother, Mrs. Gein, the Biting Beaver, to live her own life, and get some help if she is still upset she has a boy with a dirty birdy penis.
Can you age-progress my son twenty years and Photoshop him sewing together the woman suit he has made from his girlfriends' hides?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Cunt Dongula strikes again...and it's a peach!

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Nope. Support here in the Uk for Trump's visit continues to plummet. Unless you consider 30% to be "a lot of support".
People gave him the benefit of the doubt when it was first suggested in Jan 17, but he hasn't helped his cause one iota since then
regardless of any token recognition of the Office he currently holds.
If you're going to make such assertions to the contrary at least have some evidence other than your gut feeling.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/c ... isit_w.pdf

and this is a wedding, not the UN Security Council.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Just over two hours of Peterson on the Lindsay Shepherd affair.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Lsuoma wrote: Just over two hours of Peterson on the Lindsay Shepherd affair.

We have the Cunties for baddies. Do we have awards for Pit Person of the Year?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Appreciated - but needs more Wagner & Grant.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Bhurzum wrote: Cunt Dongula strikes again...and it's a peach!

:lol: :clap:

Doesn't he still have that trial pending? (And possible prison time?)

Dude's got some brass clangers. Bless him.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Witch hunting of Lewis Hamilton out of control

www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/t ... lton/20697

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Sunder wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
deLurch wrote:

Not very many videos. But it would not be unusual for there to be an inverse relationship between quantity & quality.
I was just assuming it was. He doesn't do many vids because he isn't about drama or subscribers. He's a science media pro of some sort and pretty much sticks to point by point debunking with references to scientific publications. He's the guy who Crowder backed out of debating about climate change. Perhaps Crowder had just enough awareness to realise that regurgitating talking points at Potholer wasn't going to end well for him.
This is still one of my favorite Potholer videos, where he shows the exact methods by which unscrupulous media doctors quotes, and the steps which responsible media must take in order to be honest and transparent:

Even has a small segment with Assange for extra relevance to current Pit discussions.
Potholer just re-uploaded a video with corrections too.... that must put him in the running for Skeptic God Emperor.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

SM1957 wrote: Witch hunting of Lewis Hamilton out of control

Hamilton should have stuck to his guns because F1 is a meritocracy and he can actually drive. Mercedes doesn't have a line of pretty faces queuing up at the casting couch waiting to replace him.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

VickyCaramel wrote:

Hamilton should have stuck to his guns because F1 is a meritocracy and he can actually drive. Mercedes doesn't have a line of pretty faces queuing up at the casting couch waiting to replace him.
Absolutely, I just wish some of these celebs who 'slip up' and upset the perpetually offended brigade would stop apologising, I'm assuming Mercedes have advised him to make a statement of apology but what would they have done if he'd said poke it. Tear up his contract?
Stand your ground, it's the only way.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Ape+lust wrote: Doesn't he still have that trial pending? (And possible prison time?)

Dude's got some brass clangers. Bless him.
Yup. I think he said something about the end of February but his brief reckons that's a good sign; apparently, the more they delay it, the less likely Dank will end up with a stripey suntan. I've got no idea how these things work, meesa good boy!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Surely the worst that would happen - is that the pug be sent to a re-education camp.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Potholer just re-uploaded a video with corrections too.... that must put him in the running for Skeptic God Emperor.
I've always liked Potholer and think his videos are spot on even though on the climate change issue I would label myself as an anti-alarmist. I had previously viewed Christopher Monkcton as a bit of a self-promoting huckster, but Potholer's work convinced me he was just a complete noisemaker who needed to be disregarded entirely. To achieve the rank of Skeptic God, though, I'd like to see him be willing to target both sides. He's made it clear in the past he's not a fan of activists who pell-mell make climate change the cause of every negative circumstance and make ludicrously catastrophic predictions, But he usually does this in the context of debunking a climate skeptic claim of a failed climate science prediction by showing what the prediction wasn't climate science at all but activist hyperbole. If he occasionally did a video bringing the same style of scientific skepticism to an activist claim, he probably would be seen by many climate change skeptics as being a fair dealer and his debunking videos would have much bigger impact than just preaching to the converted. Right now, he's kind of the Amnesty International of skepticism, doing excellent work, but highly tendentious in where it's applied.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

MWSnap081 2017-12-27, 23_02_08.jpg
(99.47 KiB) Downloaded 229 times

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Vicky, if we're both in the UK, unless you're on a VPN, how come I'm blocked?
Can you view the updated version?

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Shatterface wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:00 am
Carrie Fisher's face was so stiff in The Force Awakens that I thought someone had painted Threepio pink. It's not fans demanding actresses don't age, it's Hollywood culture. What looks fine across a restaurant looks freakish when blown up on the cinema screen.
I live in LA. Trust me, it doesn't look all that great across a restaurant either.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Is there any doubt that Teddy Roosevelt could have taken on every other president while wrestling a grizzly with his with his left hand?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Vicky, if we're both in the UK, unless you're on a VPN, how come I'm blocked?
https://HOOKtube.com/watch?v=07NMglQX6gE

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

VickyCaramel wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: Vicky, if we're both in the UK, unless you're on a VPN, how come I'm blocked?
https://HOOKtube.com/watch?v=07NMglQX6gE
Ok ta.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

The aghast reaction to Hamilton's 'boys don't wear girls' dresses' remark is a curious thing, because by SJW logic, he actually said the right thing.

It goes like this: cultural appropriation is nazi-level bad (again, I'm going by SJW standards here), and oppressive cultures should most definitely not take on the cultural accroutrements of oppressed peoples. The reason for this, of course, remains stubbornly unclear, but let's go with it: white people should not wear red indian headdresses because white people have oppressed the injuns. White people should not black up because whites have oppressed blacks. And so on and so forth.

Now according to the unicorn hair mob, men (white or otherwise, though whites in this regard are still the most evil of all) oppress women. Therefore, men should not culturally appropriate the accroutrements of women. Therefore, Hamilton was quite right to state that boys should not wear girls' clothes.

I am, of course, basing all this on the idea that the SJW twitterati ought to be consistent in their ludicruous beliefs. lol

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Andrew Jackson or Teddy Roosevelt. Maybe Abraham Lincoln if Jackson and Roosevelt duke it out.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Abe Lincoln for sure:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Andrew Jackson or Teddy Roosevelt. Maybe Abraham Lincoln if Jackson and Roosevelt duke it out.
Taft - the knife has not yet been forged that is long enough to penetrate the blubber.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Or FDR.

feathers

Post by feathers »

gurugeorge wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:41 pm
A fun little amuse-bouche for the New Year: In a Mass Knife Fight to the Death Between Every American President, Who Would Win and Why?
Morgan Freeman.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Sunder wrote:

But of course Becky would have been his role model. Why did I not see that coming?
A huge amount of self-professed "vegans" sneak some meat when they think they can get away with . Many of them call it a "vegan holiday".

Ethics and morals be what they may, for a lot of people giving up all meat (and dairy even) simply leaves them with an unpalatable diet and they stop enjoying their food. I know quite a few ex-veegs.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Sunder wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
deLurch wrote:

Talking of editing of interviews , I am reminded of something I read years ago about Arthur Scargill.
Apparently he would insist on being interviewed , for the news at least, completely live as it was broadcast,
so his words couldn't be edited as he spoke.
Not sure how much control of this he would have had in practice, though obviously there was a period in the 80s
when he was in the news a lot and the broadcasters wanted to hear what he had to say.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Ape+lust wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:13 am
Godfrey Elfwick's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

https://imgur.com/sh6X8oF.png
I wonder if Elliot Rodgers started this way...

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »