In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Really?

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Really? »

Old_ones wrote:
Shatterface wrote: I'm not convinced the Democrats wouldn't have also invaded Iraq. It was Labour who took the UK into war.
They had a full 8 years to do it under Clinton and for some reason they failed to. If you think Gore would have done it, I think the burden of proof is on you to show why.

There wasn't any reason to tie Iraq to 9/11 and we all knew that was the case at the time. The Iraq invasion was not recommended to Bush and his cronies by intelligence, they misused intelligence to support the course of action they wanted. Noting that Labour supported Bush neglects the question of motivation.
I am not exactly going to give Democrats brownie points for not invading Iraq pre 9-11. That is like saying Trump deserves a cookie for not invading Japan.

Besides. Enough Democrats were more than happy to facilitate the invasion of Iraq. They were either incompetent or believed in the mission.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Unless Obama's drones had a stun setting and he closed Gitmo in secret I haven't seen any evidence that the Democrats are any less brutal than the Republicans when it comes to foreign policy.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Really? wrote: Besides. Enough Democrats were more than happy to facilitate the invasion of Iraq. They were either incompetent or believed in the mission.
Or made their decision based on information which was only later proven to be both faulty and deliberately misrepresented, which is what many of them claim. I know it's usually best to take the claims of any politician with a grain of salt, but that explanation is at least plausible.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Sunder wrote:
Really? wrote: Besides. Enough Democrats were more than happy to facilitate the invasion of Iraq. They were either incompetent or believed in the mission.
Or made their decision based on information which was only later proven to be both faulty and deliberately misrepresented, which is what many of them claim. I know it's usually best to take the claims of any politician with a grain of salt, but that explanation is at least plausible.
Plausible, perhaps, but if the Democrats had been so seriously betrayed, why didn't a single Bush administration actor receive punishment of any kind for their role in a war in which they lied to attack a country that didn't attack us, all the while letting the people who did attack us go free and destabilizing the region?

You know what they say. Fool me once...

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Really? wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Shatterface wrote: I'm not convinced the Democrats wouldn't have also invaded Iraq. It was Labour who took the UK into war.
They had a full 8 years to do it under Clinton and for some reason they failed to. If you think Gore would have done it, I think the burden of proof is on you to show why.

There wasn't any reason to tie Iraq to 9/11 and we all knew that was the case at the time. The Iraq invasion was not recommended to Bush and his cronies by intelligence, they misused intelligence to support the course of action they wanted. Noting that Labour supported Bush neglects the question of motivation.
I am not exactly going to give Democrats brownie points for not invading Iraq pre 9-11. That is like saying Trump deserves a cookie for not invading Japan.

Besides. Enough Democrats were more than happy to facilitate the invasion of Iraq. They were either incompetent or believed in the mission.
It's less about giving them points for not doing it, and more about acknowledging who actually did it, and who might be more prone to such epic mistakes going forward. I don't think a person deserves "points" for not drop kicking cats into a wood chipper, but if I am looking to hire a cat sitter I'm not going to hire the guy who did that, even if the competition has some problems.

The Democrats who voted for the misadventure are not exempt from blame, and have payed a price. This is part of the reason that Hillary lost. We have not elected a Democratic president yet who voted for that shitshow, and I doubt we we ever will.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Old_ones wrote:
It's less about giving them points for not doing it, and more about acknowledging who actually did it, and who might be more prone to such epic mistakes going forward. I don't think a person deserves "points" for not drop kicking cats into a wood chipper, but if I am looking to hire a cat sitter I'm not going to hire the guy who did that, even if the competition has some problems.

The Democrats who voted for the misadventure are not exempt from blame, and have payed a price. This is part of the reason that Hillary lost. We have not elected a Democratic president yet who voted for that shitshow, and I doubt we we ever will.
Both parties chose to throw the kitten into the wood chipper. Both parties condoned torture. Shit, we have to listen to these idiots demand that Trump be impeached for watching a Bond film because he must have been rooting for the Russians. Where were the Democrats who opposed illegal, unprovoked, undeclared war and torture? Fuck them.

And thank Hillary and the Democrats for the Patriot Act, too. Some resistance.

At least Guantanamo Bay is closed, right?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Shatterface wrote: Unless Obama's drones had a stun setting and he closed Gitmo in secret I haven't seen any evidence that the Democrats are any less brutal than the Republicans when it comes to foreign policy.
To be fair, the use of drones in the wars that the USA, via Bush, had committed to meant that fewer US soldiers were coming home in body bags, and he couldn't close Gitmo because none of the US states would take the detainees.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Really? wrote:
Old_ones wrote:

Both parties chose to throw the kitten into the wood chipper. Both parties condoned torture. Shit, we have to listen to these idiots demand that Trump be impeached for watching a Bond film because he must have been rooting for the Russians. Where were the Democrats who opposed illegal, unprovoked, undeclared war and torture? Fuck them.

Not to the same extent, and only the Republicans were authoring the policies you are talking about. The other one didn't have the presidency or a majority in either house when these policies took shape. What you are engaging in is a false equivalency. This is one of my pet peeves. Bush invented Guantanamo. Obama pledged to close it, but failed while reducing the occupancy and not sending any additional prisoners there. It's common for people to conflate the two presidents with respect to Guantanamo, since the place still exists, but its a completely false equivalency. The fact that the Democrats sometimes aid the Republicans' worst ideas or don't clean them up fast enough does not make them as bad as the Republicans.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Old_ones wrote:
Really? wrote:
Old_ones wrote:

Not to the same extent, and only the Republicans were authoring the policies you are talking about. The other one didn't have the presidency or a majority in either house when these policies took shape. What you are engaging in is a false equivalency. This is one of my pet peeves. Bush invented Guantanamo. Obama pledged to close it, but failed while reducing the occupancy and not sending any additional prisoners there. It's common for people to conflate the two presidents with respect to Guantanamo, since the place still exists, but its a completely false equivalency. The fact that the Democrats sometimes aid the Republicans' worst ideas or don't clean them up fast enough does not make them as bad as the Republicans.
The Republicans are HIV and the Democrats are herpes. I don't want either and telling an ex to get tested for herpes is only marginally better than saying he or she might have Magic Johnson Disease.

Neither of our fat and complacent parties want to be chlamydia, so I will continue to look elsewhere.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

The basic problem here is that actively authoring a ridiculous policy is not the same thing as being complicit. You will find Democrats who are complicit with all of the GOP's worst ideas in the last 20 years. This is true because all of our politicians are cowards and worthy of blame on that account. But not all of our politicians come up with ridiculous ideas to invade foreign countries for no reason, or to build a giant wall in front of the Rio Grande, or to cut taxes for billionaires for the 11th time, or any number of stupid things. The Republicans disproportionately come up with ideas that are so stupid that they disturb the basic order of society in the US, and the Democrats either don't resist hard enough, or clean up the mess too slowly for the populace.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Really? wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Really? wrote:
Old_ones wrote:

The Republicans are HIV and the Democrats are herpes. I don't want either and telling an ex to get tested for herpes is only marginally better than saying he or she might have Magic Johnson Disease.

Neither of our fat and complacent parties want to be chlamydia, so I will continue to look elsewhere.
Perfect. HIV is not the equivalent of herpes. If you are given the choice between herpes and HIV, the rational choice is herpes. Why is that hard? Are you a rationalist or not?

Keating

Post by Keating »

Which party is ‘worse’ seems to entirely depend on which filter you look through.

For example, a big part of the reason I vote against Labor in 2010 was that the Labor party had a policy to implement an Internet filter. They also had a policy to give us better internet through an infrastructure program. While I wanted better Internet, I couldn’t abide a filter and that swung my vote.

Similarly, if you want to weigh the Iraq war against something, it’d take a lot. Libya comes close considering the disasterous effect its had on Europe. On the other hand, from here, the title IX expansion to kangaroo courts in universities would be the sort of thing that’d swing my vote, and an area where the current administration seems far more sensible.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Old_ones wrote:
Really? wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Really? wrote:
Old_ones wrote:

Perfect. HIV is not the equivalent of herpes. If you are given the choice between herpes and HIV, the rational choice is herpes. Why is that hard? Are you a rationalist or not?
I have principles. Why keep enabling herpes? Instead, I choose to try and educate others about save voting while keeping my genitals free of sores.

The kind of person who chooses herpes is either foolishly in love or has little self-regard.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Really? wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Really? wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Really? wrote:
Old_ones wrote:

I have principles. Why keep enabling herpes? Instead, I choose to try and educate others about save voting while keeping my genitals free of sores.

The kind of person who chooses herpes is either foolishly in love or has little self-regard.
"I have principles" - Yeah, just like the anti-GMO people.

"Instead, I choose to try and educate others about save voting while keeping my genitals free of sores." - Except that you can't. I get that you want to, but you can't. Sorry. You have to put up with the same shitty policies as the rest of us, so you either have to vote for someone flawed or abstain (or vote for some ridiculous plant like Jill Stein). You can pretend you don't have any STDs, but you are the kind of person who gets AIDS because you don't think you deserve to get an STD, and you won't degrade your sexual partners by asking about them. Guess what? If you don't want AIDS you have to vote for herpes. Its Duverger's law.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

"Vengeance will be mine" said the man with the pooching mushcap.

https://imgur.com/6mheXjJ.png

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Oh yeah, the Horsemen. They wouldn't let him join, so he makes a big show of never wanting to be one of them. Unclean! Ack! P'tooey! :lol:

https://imgur.com/2I9xL7V.png

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Expelled for rape, a jury acquitted him in 28 minutes:

https://imgur.com/jOSNgd4.png

Much more...

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/qui ... 9ad0f.html

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Old_ones wrote: The basic problem here is that actively authoring a ridiculous policy is not the same thing as being complicit. You will find Democrats who are complicit with all of the GOP's worst ideas in the last 20 years. This is true because all of our politicians are cowards and worthy of blame on that account. But not all of our politicians come up with ridiculous ideas to invade foreign countries for no reason, or to build a giant wall in front of the Rio Grande, or to cut taxes for billionaires for the 11th time, or any number of stupid things. The Republicans disproportionately come up with ideas that are so stupid that they disturb the basic order of society in the US, and the Democrats either don't resist hard enough, or clean up the mess too slowly for the populace.
I agree that the Democrats are likely the lesser of two evils in the US, especially right now. I still think that the difference isn't very big, and it's not just a matter of not resisting or cleaning the mess too slowly, but of doing the same stupid things only not in a such extreme manner. Also I'm very afraid that the SJWs will take over the Dems, and things will get much worse come the next election. Still there's a faint hope that someone less insane might one day steer the Dems towards a more sensible social democratic set of policies, or at least a centrist compromise. The GOP looks FUBAR.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote: Oh yeah, the Horsemen. They wouldn't let him join, so he makes a big show of never wanting to be one of them. Unclean! Ack! P'tooey! :lol:

https://imgur.com/2I9xL7V.png
The "reactionary wing of atheism"...

Maher is a Democrat. Dawkins is a critic of Brexit and Trump. Harris is a fierce critic of Trump. Hitchens was pro-Iraq war, I'll grant PeeZee that, but it was because he really bought into the "spreading of democracy", not because he was a reactionary.

PeeZee is a complete fucking moron, just as usual.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Peez is just a seething bag of resentments. Take those from him and he'd be as animated as a sea sponge.

As far as I can tell from their posted extract, the only reason those knobs think Milo is a fan of Harris and Dawkins is because they want him to be.

https://imgur.com/n3QNwbu.png

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote: Peez is just a seething bag of resentments. Take those from him and he'd be as animated as a sea sponge.

As far as I can tell from their posted extract, the only reason those knobs think Milo is a fan of Harris and Dawkins is because they want him to be.

https://imgur.com/n3QNwbu.png
Milo is a shit-stirring troll. Myers is also a shit stirring troll (shanking priests, "fuck him to the ground", "haven for rapists"). Myers' only jealous that Milo got a platform for his half-assed opinions and to spew insults, while Little Paul is stuck in Morris, Minnesota, teaching bored students things they'll likely forget, and managing a website where the highlights are Nerd of RedHead or Giliell. Paul really thought he could have been a contender :bjarte:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Well, after a particularly vicious tweet about Laci "fat, pie-faced cunt" Green, my twatter account is gone.

Woe is me.

Think I'll re-invent myself and return to the fray...

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:41 pm
I'm not convinced the Democrats wouldn't have also invaded Iraq. It was Labour who took the UK into war.
I'm still not certain Tony Blair wasn't a deepcover Tory. I mean, faith schools? A socialist?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

feathers wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
I'm not convinced the Democrats wouldn't have also invaded Iraq. It was Labour who took the UK into war.
I'm still not certain Tony Blair wasn't a deepcover Tory. I mean, faith schools? A socialist?
People overuse the term "neolib" but I think it fits when talking about Blair. He was a neocon in Labour clothing.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Kirbmarc wrote: Milo is a shit-stirring troll. Myers is also a shit stirring troll (shanking priests, "fuck him to the ground", "haven for rapists"). Myers' only jealous that Milo got a platform for his half-assed opinions and to spew insults, while Little Paul is stuck in Morris, Minnesota, teaching bored students things they'll likely forget, and managing a website where the highlights are Nerd of RedHead or Giliell. Paul really thought he could have been a contender :bjarte:
Yup, yup, yup :)

I wonder if he's had a talk with Caine on his backchannel. Because as far as I've seen, he hasn't publicly acknowledged her illness, not even when she commented about it in one of his blog posts. If he's actually snubbing her... then he'd better get ready for Exodus II. Orbit Redux. Plus, he should go sit under a tree somewhere and think long and hard about what he's become.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:49 pm
Unless Obama's drones had a stun setting and he closed Gitmo in secret I haven't seen any evidence that the Democrats are any less brutal than the Republicans when it comes to foreign policy.
Admittedly, Gitmo was a political quagmire as he couldn't release its inmates into the US, and their country of origin often refused to have them back too.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Weird, creepy Charles Clymer is now weird, creepy Charlotte Clymer.

https://imgur.com/bGNAHyR.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bhurzum wrote: Well, after a particularly vicious tweet about Laci "fat, pie-faced cunt" Green, my twatter account is gone.

Woe is me.

I wondered which prick unfollowed me. Now who will like my inanities?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:37 am
Well, after a particularly vicious tweet about Laci "fat, pie-faced cunt" Green, my twatter account is gone.

Woe is me.

Oh you tease...

...go on then what was it?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Someone isn't a fan of Elyse's prole pretensions.

https://imgur.com/wEIHH5c.png

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Ape+lust wrote: I wonder if he's had a talk with Caine on his backchannel. Because as far as I've seen, he hasn't publicly acknowledged her illness, not even when she commented about it in one of his blog posts. If he's actually snubbing her... then he'd better get ready for Exodus II. Orbit Redux.
Could even a baboon look at the success of the decaying Orbit and conclude "yeah, I wanna do a repeat of that"?

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Keating wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:31 pm
Which party is ‘worse’ seems to entirely depend on which filter you look through.

For example, a big part of the reason I vote against Labor in 2010 was that the Labor party had a policy to implement an Internet filter. They also had a policy to give us better internet through an infrastructure program. While I wanted better Internet, I couldn’t abide a filter and that swung my vote.

Similarly, if you want to weigh the Iraq war against something, it’d take a lot. Libya comes close considering the disasterous effect its had on Europe. On the other hand, from here, the title IX expansion to kangaroo courts in universities would be the sort of thing that’d swing my vote, and an area where the current administration seems far more sensible.
When I moved here, my wife explained the two major parties* in Australia as Dog Poo and Cat Poo - different, but both shit. Seems, from the outside, that the US has the same problem.

It was odd, having moved from the UK, where I could associate certain worldviews with a party, to Oz, where the same (name) party had often quite different views. Didn't get to vote in 2010, but internet filter vs. better internet was something I had trouble with too.

Pseudomonas

* I tried to extend the analysis to the minor parties, but only got as far as: Greens - organic, free-range chickenshit; One Nation - a very small cow with explosive diarrhoea...

I suppose :hankey: is obligatory.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Brive1987 wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: Well, after a particularly vicious tweet about Laci "fat, pie-faced cunt" Green, my twatter account is gone.

Woe is me.

I wondered which prick unfollowed me. Now who will like my inanities?
Don't sweat it, dude - my replacement account will be with you shortly. I'm just trying to find a suitable Tolkien name...

Keating

Post by Keating »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:03 am
If only they'd voted for HIV.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:37 am

Woe is me.

Oh you tease...

...go on then what was it?
It was a reply to a tweet by the user 6oldDigger (Twatter account of YT user called 6oodfella), if you check his timeline, it *might* be there. If it's not, the tweet was a simple (but very foul-mouthed) reminder that Green is a feminazi cunt. It also contained the following hashtags - #KillAllFeminists #DieFeministScum #NotEvenJoking

Hey, I never said the tweet was clever...

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Ape+lust wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:58 pm
"Vengeance will be mine" said the man with the pooching mushcap.
https://imgur.com/6mheXjJ.png
Landlord to Nazi's?

Obviously Mr. Chu-Chu did not read up on the wanna-be Nazi posted here in the pit already who poured cement down the drains, threw pain on the floors and walls and generally smashed up the place. It would be a huge financial loss for Mr. Chu-Chu.

One asshole tenant who doesn't give a shit about himself and hates you would be a landlord's nightmare. He would not have the fucking upperhand in this fight.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
I didn't do it! Stop looking at me!

(OK. Yes, someone did once call me in the middle of the night about killing a horse, but I swear this one wasn't me.)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

iconoclast. He meets the Marcus test by not being an attractive female and he appears to not like Nazis - while disrespecting the EU, presenting fact based arguments and finding it problematic that there are more muslim school kids in Birmingham than Christian (despite him being an atheist)

So what baggage have I missed?

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Thanks Obama.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Really? wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:17 pm
CommanderTuvok wrote: That Commie professor from Drexel is resigning....or was he fired?

He blames "white supremacists", of course. Remember, this is the guy, who in between defending Chavez and other goons, tweeted out his desire to see "white genocide for Christmas". Instead, he has found "unemployment for Christmas". Lol.

https://i.imgur.com/OblyyuV.jpg
Oh, so "outrage campaigns" are a bad thing now. Huh.
More urgency needed. The alt-right Nazi fash are at the gates, marginalised trans people and People of Whatsit are being whateverised on our campuses at ever increasing rates. We must stop the persecution now! More Diversity Officers required, before it's too late. More funding urgently needed, and lots of it.

I think Mr Boyce nails it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUrYDgCgkq4

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Old_ones wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:47 pm
Really? wrote:
Old_ones wrote:

Willie would have invaded Iraq in a heartbeat on the promise of a blowjob.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

feathers wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
For the last couple of decades, it seems pointless to think of politics in any terms other than "The blue corner vs the red corner". The Neocons and Christian Right took over the Republicans in the US, they have now been taken over by Trumpism. Neither are particularly conservative.
The conservative party in the UK is busy pushing political correctness, diversity and capitulating to the EU. Labour has has been taken over by Militant Tendency. They seem to have swung from Neo-Liberal into revolutionary communist.

During the run-up to the Gulf War, all I can say is that politicians of all stripes showed an amazing lack of backbone. There was no shortage of voices saying that the intelligence was bullshit, no shortage of people saying Iraq would be a quagmire which at best would destabilize the middle east. Most politicians went along with what the newspapers as if this reflected public opinion. They took the path of least resistance and now sit around saying, "I was lied to as well".

It is extraordinary rendition which still bugs me.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Here in the US, both parties are akin to run away bus, with an occasional strong personality taking the wheel and bending its course to suit them before bailing out.

both parties are moribund over issues fought and settled over forty years ago ( as well as new baggage)and show no sign of changing.

Both are well due for a true reinvention and hopefully we will get to see one soon.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: iconoclast. He meets the Marcus test by not being an attractive female and he appears to not like Nazis - while disrespecting the EU, presenting fact based arguments and finding it problematic that there are more muslim school kids in Birmingham than Christian (despite him being an atheist)

<clipped vid>
Have you not be following Millennial Woes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqSoNttPIfs

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

The only one who voted against Iraq was Bernie Sanders.

Take from that what you will.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Willie would have invaded Iraq to distract the press from a blow job.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Vanity Fair getting all kinds of hate over a video using Hillary as the butt of New years resolution jokes.

Though shall not mock sainted democrats.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

MarcusAu wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:29 am
Have you not be following Millennial Woes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqSoNttPIfs
[/quote]
OK. I enjoy Goldy's fully clothed boobs & smile. But I do not find her that intellectually intriguing to listen to for more than 5 minutes max. Can you supply a summary.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

No - I'm not about to enact the culterial labour...and besides which I've only seen the thumbnail on this one.

Based on that I can see she is doing the impression of a half-melted rubber bulldog that Walter Mattau and (in his latter films) Sylvester Stallone are known for.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

And here is Part 3 of Mr Metokur's take of the Kilroy implosion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykDec1Tj2sw

Looks like it was due to incompetence and/or lack of experience in organising a conference on this scale.

More than a little irony in the fact that the organizer of a 'Free Speech' based event were not sure how to react to people (ie the Alt-Right / Lite) saying things that they disagree with.

No schadenfreude on my part, but as all the good Germans are either dead or have abandoned the 'pyt, there are no words to express my inner turmoil.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: good Germans
Good god, man, you'll be glue-sniffing and bad-mouthing the Queen next!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/imhrDrE4-mI/hqdefault.jpg

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:07 pm
Shatterface wrote: Unless Obama's drones had a stun setting and he closed Gitmo in secret I haven't seen any evidence that the Democrats are any less brutal than the Republicans when it comes to foreign policy.
To be fair, the use of drones in the wars that the USA, via Bush, had committed to meant that fewer US soldiers were coming home in body bags, and he couldn't close Gitmo because none of the US states would take the detainees.
Exactly, fewer US soldiers. I doubt many Democrats would come right out and admit that that's the only thing they're concerned about, but it really looks like that's the only thing they're concerned about. Meanwhile change the definition of combatant to "anyone inside the blast radius of a drone strike" and watch your civilian casualties fall to zero!

I'm not anti-war, but we Democrats really shouldn't be patting themselves on the back so hard.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Spike13 wrote: Vanity Fair getting all kinds of hate over a video using Hillary as the butt of New years resolution jokes.

Though shall not mock sainted democrats.
Heh, Try mocking Corbyn. Infidels, thou shalt not mock the Muhammad of Momentum! Verily, ye shall be cursed with numinous tweets about tory food banks and tory austerity and how the tories are killing disabled people; thou shalt be deemed a cunt, a nazi, and curses shall be placed upon thee to the wont of getting cancer. None shall sully the divine character of holy Jeremy; indeed, if he were not perfect, wouldst he thus proclaim, 'we need a kinder, gentler politcs'?

dogen

Post by dogen »

Ape+lust wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:46 pm
Expelled for rape, a jury acquitted him in 28 minutes:

https://imgur.com/jOSNgd4.png

Much more...

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/qui ... 9ad0f.html
From reading the linked article, it looks on the face of things (esp. given her text message) that she may well have been raped. I wonder if there's a better account from the defense's side.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Exactly my point. This is precisely why I do not vote Democrat.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

MarcusAu wrote: And here is Part 3 of Mr Metokur's take of the Kilroy implosion:

Looks like it was due to incompetence and/or lack of experience in organising a conference on this scale.

More than a little irony in the fact that the organizer of a 'Free Speech' based event were not sure how to react to people (ie the Alt-Right / Lite) saying things that they disagree with.

No schadenfreude on my part, but as all the good Germans are either dead or have abandoned the 'pyt, there are no words to express my inner turmoil.
From what i can make out, the organizers were using the name recognition of prominanent tubers’ to raise money for their”con” while intending to back bench them in the end.

The whole thing smacked of clickish cronyism from the get go. The kind of cool kids club that we have become way too familiar with. As it is, this whole group has looked quite ready for a good schism for some time nw.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Spike13 wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: And here is Part 3 of Mr Metokur's take of the Kilroy implosion:

From what i can make out, the organizers were using the name recognition of prominanent tubers’ to raise money for their”con” while intending to back bench them in the end.

The whole thing smacked of clickish cronyism from the get go. The kind of cool kids club that we have become way too familiar with. As it is, this whole group has looked quite ready for a good schism for some time nw.
Kilroy will be a wet blanket of an event, Styxenhammer & Momma will be about the only people there at this rate, even Computing Dave's attendance is in doubt now. I'll make a not so bold prediction, this will be the first and last Kilroy con. (if it still goes ahead) ;)

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

My view on the Kilroy debacle is that all the naysayers who piped up after the fact could have organised this themselves, instead of acting all surprised that it wasn't being set up in the particular way they'd have liked.

Surely it's down to the organisers of a given event to decide who speaks and on what. Some crazy levels of entitlement coming from the alt-right people commenting on this.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

:doh: