In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: good Germans
Good god, man, you'll be glue-sniffing and bad-mouthing the Queen next!

<no pic>
Oh, I'm quite happy to disparage both Germans and the Queen...

...but I repeat myself.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:47 am
Shephard said she disagreed with Peterson that 'they' could not be used in the first person singular, and it seems she thought Peterson refused to use 'he' or 'she' when addressing transients.* When both were on Crowder, she seemed to recognize she'd mistaken Peterson's actual positions.

* I'm guessing this will be the next terminology change in the PC Red Queen nonsense, so I'm getting ahead of the curve.
IMO, Peterson needs to take some time off from all this. I started thinking this after watching Haidt correct him several times in one interview. Now I'm more convinced that the flack he's been getting is pushing him around some bend.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Spike13 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:36 am
MarcusAu wrote: And here is Part 3 of Mr Metokur's take of the Kilroy implosion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykDec1Tj2sw

Looks like it was due to incompetence and/or lack of experience in organising a conference on this scale.

More than a little irony in the fact that the organizer of a 'Free Speech' based event were not sure how to react to people (ie the Alt-Right / Lite) saying things that they disagree with.

No schadenfreude on my part, but as all the good Germans are either dead or have abandoned the 'pyt, there are no words to express my inner turmoil.
From what i can make out, the organizers were using the name recognition of prominanent tubers’ to raise money for their”con” while intending to back bench them in the end.
That would require the planning of a devious intellectual anomaly!

Personally, I think Based Momma has the IQ of a potato (and half the integrity). I suspect that what really happened was that Dave Cullen supplied the vision, and as he began to take more of a back seat, she began to bend to the will of her cronies until it ended up as a jolly for her click.

I have to say I have never even heard of Based Momma until VidCon where I got the impression that Cullen was giving her one. I am proud to say that I have never watched a video by Based Momma or Sister Danger or any ex-muslim, never seen them in a stream, never come close to one of their videos, they have never appeared in my suggestions. I have never even got a retweet of them. Who the fuck are these people?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

dogen wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:46 pm
Expelled for rape, a jury acquitted him in 28 minutes:

https://imgur.com/jOSNgd4.png

Much more...

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/qui ... 9ad0f.html
From reading the linked article, it looks on the face of things (esp. given her text message) that she may well have been raped. I wonder if there's a better account from the defense's side.
Yeah, that could be. Unfortunately, it looks like this one will remain a he said / she said without definitive resolution.

But, depending on when the text message was sent (the article only says that it was "later"), it could fit the defense narrative that she was shamed into pressing charges. And from their criticisms of police inaction in reviewing the medical exam and interviewing key witnesses, it seems they expected doing those would support his innocence.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Really?

:shock: :lol:

"WHITE LEFT" : China's New Internet INSULT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zoomb3qptg

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

DrokkIt wrote: Some crazy levels of entitlement coming from the alt-right people commenting on this.
Give me an example?

I think that if I were alt-right, got invited to a "Free Speech" event, they used my face to advertize it and raise money from my subscribers, then the disinvited me and turned it into an event for reclaiming social justice, where the most prominent speakers are a feminist and an ex-muslim feminist... I'd have a right to complain.
At the very least I would think subscribers would be entitled to get their money back.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Personally, I think Based Momma has the IQ of a potato (and half the integrity). I suspect that what really happened was that Dave Cullen supplied the vision, and as he began to take more of a back seat, she began to bend to the will of her cronies until it ended up as a jolly for her click.

I have to say I have never even heard of Based Momma until VidCon where I got the impression that Cullen was giving her one. I am proud to say that I have never watched a video by Based Momma or Sister Danger or any ex-muslim, never seen them in a stream, never come close to one of their videos, they have never appeared in my suggestions. I have never even got a retweet of them. Who the fuck are these people?
I could have written that myself. I too got the impression Dave Cullen wasn't sleeping on the sofa when he was her 'House Guest' .. The only ex-Muslim I watch on YT is this fellow.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9JU55 ... eDA/videos

Billie from Ockham

Spike13 wrote: The only one who voted against Iraq was Bernie Sanders.

Take from that what you will.
I'm tempted to say that I take from this that you don't know enough about the votes regarding the Iraq War, but I'll first ask: what are you talking about?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Ape+lust wrote:
dogen wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:46 pm
Expelled for rape, a jury acquitted him in 28 minutes:

https://imgur.com/jOSNgd4.png

Much more...

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/qui ... 9ad0f.html
From reading the linked article, it looks on the face of things (esp. given her text message) that she may well have been raped. I wonder if there's a better account from the defense's side.
Yeah, that could be. Unfortunately, it looks like this one will remain a he said / she said without definitive resolution.

But, depending on when the text message was sent (the article only says that it was "later"), it could fit the defense narrative that she was shamed into pressing charges. And from their criticisms of police inaction in reviewing the medical exam and interviewing key witnesses, it seems they expected doing those would support his innocence.
Did it occur to you that having heard the best case the prosecution could muster, 12 of his peers found him not guilty in less time than it takes me to choose a pair of shoes?

...this is despite the law saying that if you get shit faced and climb behind the wheel of a car you are a criminal, but if you get shit faced and climb on a dick you a rape victim.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Ape+lust wrote: Really?

If the future is to be one of Chinese dominance - and it's a fair bet that it is - then SJWs most definitely are not on the right side of history.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Shatterface wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:41 pm
I'm not convinced the Democrats wouldn't have also invaded Iraq. It was Labour who took the UK into war.
The main problem with Democrats and the use of military power is that they're complete weather vanes. When the public is in an angry mood and wants some projection of military force, they're all in favor of it, but when the public is war weary, they'll hold back. The big problem with this is the proper use of military force is frequently contrarian to public opinion. When the war drums are beating, that's frequently the time for a second look, and when the public just wants everyone home, that's frequently the time to double down and eviscerate the enemy. So the Democrats almost never show leadership here, and it shows. One of the worst things Obama did was set byzantine rules of engagement during the rise of ISIS and allowed them to proliferate and spoil the one unqualified good outcome of the Iraq War, which was removal of Saddam Hussein and his forthcoming dynasty from power in what is one of the most modern and educated countries in the Muslim world (which is not saying much, unfortunately). While I still think Trump is a complete buffoon, I'm happy to see my two hopeful outcomes for his presidency that I mentioned a year ago come true this year. Through some limited cooperation with the Russians and allowing far more flexibility on rules of engagement, ISIS has been dealt huge setbacks, and SJW's no longer have their hands on levers of power in the executive branch bureaucracy.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
IMO, Peterson needs to take some time off from all this. I started thinking this after watching Haidt correct him several times in one interview. Now I'm more convinced that the flack he's been getting is pushing him around some bend.
You could give the same advice to anyone making a living in the attention-based / ego-driven economy that is Youtube (or Patreon).

The problem being that the income stream goes down as soon as they step out of the limelight (or off the treadmill). And it's hardly the most stable type of employment - one fuck-up and the whole thing comes tumbling down (like a house of cards on a treadmill, in a stream of limelight).

Anyway - it's almost 2018 - and I predict......Drama!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

In Star Wars news:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:41 pm
I'm not convinced the Democrats wouldn't have also invaded Iraq. It was Labour who took the UK into war.
The main problem with Democrats and the use of military power is that they're complete weather vanes. When the public is in an angry mood and wants some projection of military force, they're all in favor of it, but when the public is war weary, they'll hold back. The big problem with this is the proper use of military force is frequently contrarian to public opinion. When the war drums are beating, that's frequently the time for a second look, and when the public just wants everyone home, that's frequently the time to double down and eviscerate the enemy. So the Democrats almost never show leadership here, and it shows. One of the worst things Obama did was set byzantine rules of engagement during the rise of ISIS and allowed them to proliferate and spoil the one unqualified good outcome of the Iraq War, which was removal of Saddam Hussein and his forthcoming dynasty from power in what is one of the most modern and educated countries in the Muslim world (which is not saying much, unfortunately). While I still think Trump is a complete buffoon, I'm happy to see my two hopeful outcomes for his presidency that I mentioned a year ago come true this year. Through some limited cooperation with the Russians and allowing far more flexibility on rules of engagement, ISIS has been dealt huge setbacks, and SJW's no longer have their hands on levers of power in the executive branch bureaucracy.
The problem with the Syrian Civil War is that the US, through their GCC allies, allied themselves with the Salafi militias against Assad, and more or less unwittingly provided cover for all the Salafi militias (including Al-Nusra) and so indirectly to ISIS, too. To wreck ISIS and other Salafi militias the US didn't even need to cooperate with other, just to step back and let others sort it out. The US could have avoided the entire trouble if they refused to provide cover for Salafi militias and to support GCC infiltration of Syria from the beginning, and opposed Assad openly, through the UN, pushing for clean and transparent action instead of financing Salafi rebels with shady, unclear, under the table deals.

But I guess that the US never really cared about the Syrians, and didn't intervene to stop the abuses and war crimes of the Assad regime, but only to remove Assad just like they did with Gaddafi, through the strategy of "regime change", instability and cauldronization that the Saudis and other GCC countries recommended.

So, long story short, the US should stop playing World Cop on their own.

Also, Saddam was a piece of shit but removing him from power has left Iraq in shambles and plagued with inner strife between Sunni, Shia and Kurds. That's the same thing that happened in Libya and almost happened in Syria. Those countries are too messed up and too rife with ethnic, civil, economic and religious tensions to turn into peaceful and stable states once you remove the tyrants who rule them. What's more likely to happen is a power vacuum and a war of all sides against each other.

The awful truth about the Middle East is that corrupt dictators are very often the only things that stop the various factions from trying to ethnic cleanse one another.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

VickyCaramel wrote: Did it occur to you that having heard the best case the prosecution could muster, 12 of his peers found him not guilty in less time than it takes me to choose a pair of shoes?

...this is despite the law saying that if you get shit faced and climb behind the wheel of a car you are a criminal, but if you get shit faced and climb on a dick you a rape victim.
Did it occur to me? I made the original post.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Ape+lust wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: Did it occur to you that having heard the best case the prosecution could muster, 12 of his peers found him not guilty in less time than it takes me to choose a pair of shoes?

Then why would you say...
eah, that could be. Unfortunately, it looks like this one will remain a he said / she said without definitive resolution.
It has been resolved. Not Guilty.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

Then why would you say...
eah, that could be. Unfortunately, it looks like this one will remain a he said / she said without definitive resolution.
It has been resolved. Not Guilty.
I allowed it was possible he raped her because we don't know. In some cases you can draw definitive conclusions from the evidence, but not so from this one. And yes, he was found not guilty, as he should've been.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

I'm tempted to say that I take from this that you don't know enough about the votes regarding the Iraq War, but I'll first ask: what are you talking about?
Sorry Billy, i was adding my 2c to the conversation a few comments up. Bernie being the only one of the current dem leadership who voted against going to war. ( at least the only one i took notice of.)

i didn’t quote it as there were already a bunch amd i didn’t want to have a wall of text.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Ape+lust wrote: Really?

Which raises the very interesting question of what will happen to internet culture should the Great Firewall be taken down (which might presumably become an advantage to China once they achieve economic dominance). There might be a huge influx of yellow people of slightly higher average IQ who have very different viewpoints on white/black/yellow issues. "White tears" would mean something new, and we might see "Black tears" for the first time. Such things ought to be considered. Possibly the social justice crowd will briefly attempt to throw "yellow tears" at the onslaught before they go under the oncoming wave of the majority. If science fiction hadn't been poisoned already I would have expected those authors to be exploring these things for us, but they have been neutralised.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Spike13 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:36 am
MarcusAu wrote: And here is Part 3 of Mr Metokur's take of the Kilroy implosion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykDec1Tj2sw

Looks like it was due to incompetence and/or lack of experience in organising a conference on this scale.

More than a little irony in the fact that the organizer of a 'Free Speech' based event were not sure how to react to people (ie the Alt-Right / Lite) saying things that they disagree with.

No schadenfreude on my part, but as all the good Germans are either dead or have abandoned the 'pyt, there are no words to express my inner turmoil.

From what i can make out, the organizers were using the name recognition of prominanent tubers’ to raise money for their”con” while intending to back bench them in the end.

The IQ bragging reminds me of pharyngulite behavior. Brownian assuring everyone that "[he] knows his IQ and you have a VERY LOW probability of having a higher one". IQ bragging is a red flag to me because your IQ is a test result, not an accomplishment. If any of these people had actually used their brain to do something impressive, they would be bragging about that instead of a number that tells people they are smart.

I share your assessment of this based momma person's intelligence. Her approach of promoting a convention by inviting youtubers and then trying to smuggle a bunch of academic speakers into the lineup after the initial outreach is an incredibly stupid idea. Even if she had gotten the con off the ground the result would have been bad. Ive been to enough academic and professional conferences to know what those types of talks sound like. Generally, you have speakers who talk about highly specific research problems using a vocabulary that assumes background knowledge equivalent to an advanced degree in their field. This would not appeal to an audience that came to see Sargon of Akkad, and you would not draw the audience of an academic conference by promoting that event using Kilroy and youtubers. I don't know who she thought this convention was supposed to be for, but she was combining two things that shouldn't be under the same roof. It seems like the point of the convention was more to prove that based momma is super smart and interested in academia, rather than to appeal to any audience that actually exists.

Never trust a potato. Too many connections to big vodka and the Russian government.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Keating wrote:
Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:03 am
If only they'd voted for HIV.
Hope Jennifer McWrong is OK.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

VickyCaramel wrote:
DrokkIt wrote: Some crazy levels of entitlement coming from the alt-right people commenting on this.
Give me an example?

I think that if I were alt-right, got invited to a "Free Speech" event, they used my face to advertize it and raise money from my subscribers, then the disinvited me and turned it into an event for reclaiming social justice, where the most prominent speakers are a feminist and an ex-muslim feminist... I'd have a right to complain.
At the very least I would think subscribers would be entitled to get their money back.
How about if you were an anon alt-right twitter account demanding an alt-right panel because "free speech"? Cos twitter has been full of that these past 2 weeks.

These people aren't entitled to speak at this event any more than you or I am. Baked Alaska getting disivinted after being used as promotion was clearly wrong and a stupid move from an idiot now in charge of something she isn't able to cope with, so I have no argument with you there, but I was referring to the general online shit storm of crying about Kilroy from people totally un-involved. The whole thing is a fucking shit show of idiocy.

Billie from Ockham

Spike13 wrote:

Sorry Billy, i was adding my 2c to the conversation a few comments up. Bernie being the only one of the current dem leadership who voted against going to war. ( at least the only one i took notice of.)

i didn’t quote it as there were already a bunch amd i didn’t want to have a wall of text.
If you limit the list to those most people who (still) recognize, then I guess that might only leave Sanders. But a lot of people, including at least one Republican, did vote No.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Old_ones wrote:

The IQ bragging reminds me of pharyngulite behavior. Brownian assuring everyone that "[he] knows his IQ and you have a VERY LOW probability of having a higher one". IQ bragging is a red flag to me because your IQ is a test result, not an accomplishment. If any of these people had actually used their brain to do something impressive, they would be bragging about that instead of a number that tells people they are smart.
The truly important question is what πQ (PiQ ((Pit Quotient))) do these people have?

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:46 am
Old_ones wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:47 pm
Really? wrote: I am not exactly going to give Democrats brownie points for not invading Iraq pre 9-11. That is like saying Trump deserves a cookie for not invading Japan.

Besides. Enough Democrats were more than happy to facilitate the invasion of Iraq. They were either incompetent or believed in the mission.
It's less about giving them points for not doing it, and more about acknowledging who actually did it, and who might be more prone to such epic mistakes going forward. I don't think a person deserves "points" for not drop kicking cats into a wood chipper, but if I am looking to hire a cat sitter I'm not going to hire the guy who did that, even if the competition has some problems.

The Democrats who voted for the misadventure are not exempt from blame, and have payed a price. This is part of the reason that Hillary lost. We have not elected a Democratic president yet who voted for that shitshow, and I doubt we we ever will.
Willie would have invaded Iraq in a heartbeat on the promise of a blowjob.
Willie bombed Khartoum and Afghanistan to distract from an investigation into a blowjob.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:52 am
In Star Wars news:
Says it's unavailable here, but lookin' good as hooktube
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=jghqSxs-bDY

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I hadn't known until recently that Brian Blessed was Boss Nass in The Phantom Menace.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

DrokkIt wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:14 pm
VickyCaramel wrote:
Give me an example?

How about if you were an anon alt-right twitter account demanding an alt-right panel because "free speech"? Cos twitter has been full of that these past 2 weeks.

These people aren't entitled to speak at this event any more than you or I am. Baked Alaska getting disivinted after being used as promotion was clearly wrong and a stupid move from an idiot now in charge of something she isn't able to cope with, so I have no argument with you there, but I was referring to the general online shit storm of crying about Kilroy from people totally un-involved. The whole thing is a fucking shit show of idiocy.
How is it any different to us complaining about Rebecca Watson being invited to speak at skeptic conferences after Dawkins being disinvited?

You could use the "sense of entitlement" argument about practically anybody having a moan on twitter.

Your bigotry against the alt-right and alt-light is showing.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

To cheer everyone up:

Woman wan troway poo-poo, come trap for window

Bristol may have changed a bit since the FT was there.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

fuzzy wrote: I hadn't known until recently that Brian Blessed was Boss Nass in The Phantom Menace.

Brian Blessed may well be the greatest man who ever lived.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

screwtape wrote: To cheer everyone up:

The weird thing about this story is I remember hearing it from several people twenty years ago and it had always happened to a friend of their's.

It's an urban legend that appears to have come true.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Question:

How long until some SJW declares that the “Cotton Bowl” is offensive, insensitive and racist... and how long till the NCAA caves in to them.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

VickyCaramel wrote: How is it any different to us complaining about Rebecca Watson being invited to speak at skeptic conferences after Dawkins being disinvited?
Because skeptic conferences are inherently about skepticism whereas "free speech" is not the same as any given topic that the broad category may pertain to. In my view this would be more like us saying the free speech conference ought to be about skepticism -which it inherently isn't- and demanding more time be given over to discuss this.
Your bigotry against the alt-right and alt-light is showing.
I simply said I don't think they have solid logical grounds to make the kind of demands I've seen, and suggested they put on their own event. I do not think this to be bigoted position whatsoever.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:55 am

It takes a truly special person to be:
* An ex-Muslim
* An ex-Mormon
* An ex-Buddist
* A self professed ex-terrorist & ex-terrorist supporter

All whilst bragging about having an IQ of 140 or something... she thinks.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote:
screwtape wrote: To cheer everyone up:

The weird thing about this story is I remember hearing it from several people twenty years ago and it had always happened to a friend of their's.

It's an urban legend that appears to have come true.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Spike13 wrote: Question:

How long until some SJW declares that the “Cotton Bowl” is offensive, insensitive and racist... and how long till the NCAA caves in to them.
I'm sure most of you have seen this already, but just in case...

free thoughtpolice

Jumpin Jehosaphat! This nigger needs to know what life was like for people of Afro-american descent was before pres.Obama

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Well, even though it's doomed to fail, I'm currently locking horns with one of the fuckwit admins at Twatter. I'm determined to appeal against my suspension (let's be honest, there are far worse things bouncing around Twitter than my last Tweet) but the appeal process is...very annoying to say the least. Basically, I need to initiate a 12-hour "count down" (also referred to as a "cool down" - it varies from page-to-page and emails) but the fuckers want my home, work or mobile phone number before they'll start the clock.

Fuck. That. Noise.

This was early yesterday. Since then, via the Twitter website and then email, I've made contact with one of the tech admins who is handling my case.

Note: this is a live person, not an automated system - more on this shortly.

Anyway, I filled in the initial help request (in short - how do I initiate the count down without giving any phone numbers?) and was delighted to receive a reply within the hour. However, delight turned into mild annoyance when I opened the email - it was a cut & paste of the FAQ on how to change your Twitter password with the added bonus of a signature block (clearly penned by the fuckwit admin) containing several spelling errors and a comment about my Twitter handle being "cool".

So, I done what any right-minded individual would do in similar circumstances - I vented my spleen via email. I explained that I neither needed to nor asked how to change my password. I also pointed out that the count down has yet to begin and I still needed instructions on how to start the ball rolling without giving Twitter any phone numbers? I also suggested that maybe email would suffice as a means of communication?

Since sending my spleen-venting email, I've had an incredibly frustrating yet tedious exchange of emails with this faceless shit-gibbon with the running total sitting at six sent/received. During this exchange, I've been offered info on how to change my password (again), asked for my home, work or mobile phone number (each and every time) and told that I may need to phone their tech desk in Ireland.

Seriously, if I wasn't such a stubborn arsehole, I'd have given up by now and made a fresh account. However, purely to ruffle some feathers, I've just sent another "ticket" to the admin. It reads as follows...

OK, I'm up for a laugh, let's try this yet again...

I do not need to change my password. How many times do I need to repeat this?

I need to appeal this stupid suspension which was clearly initiated by another Twitter user as a form of revenge or retaliation for my offenses (real or imagined). According to Twitter, I need to start a limited functionality "mode" but in order to do this, I need to start a "count down" by submitting my phone number.

Please pay attention, this next part is VERY important - I will NOT give you my work, personal or private contact number(s). I flat-out refuse to violate my own data protection in this manner.

Now, I'll ask again and hopefully get an answer to the actual question I just asked: How do I initiate the "count down" WITHOUT giving my personal, work or private phone number(s) to a giant, faceless organization?

Please re-read the above question, have a little think about what the actual words mean (you might want to get your line manager to help you with the larger/tricky words) then, after you've contemplated the nuanced meaning of this deeply taxing conundrum, please formulate then send your answer. No more FAQ's about passwords, no more comments on my Twitter handle, no more pointless verbiage...just answer the actual bloody question!

Jesus wept...

Something tells me I'm on a loser with this one.

:bjarte:

feathers

Post by feathers »

deLurch wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:09 pm
[It takes a truly special person to be:
* An ex-Muslim
* An ex-Mormon
* An ex-Buddist
It only gets truly distressing if she also claims to be your ex.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

feathers wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:09 pm
[It takes a truly special person to be:
* An ex-Muslim
* An ex-Mormon
* An ex-Buddist
It only gets truly distressing if she also claims to be your ex.
She may be nuttier than a squirrel turd but she does have some truly impressive top-bollocks! I'd suck those bad boys until blood came out...

feathers

Post by feathers »

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Someone lives in fantasy land...

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

This is just how London was before police were invented.

Fuck you, Robert Peel!

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

That looks like a far-left Jack Chick tract in the making.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Here's the website. :roll:
We don’t have the resources we need to begin living in a police-free city tomorrow, but we do have what we need to get started. Below, knowing that we don’t have all the answers, we’ll share some ideas about how to use existing programs to begin building out a community safety network that can replace the police.
http://www.mpd150.com/

Pagancat

Post by Pagancat »

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

That's a thing of hideous beauty! No doubt some heads will roll at Buzzfeed...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fuzzy wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:02 pm
I hadn't known until recently that Brian Blessed was Boss Nass in The Phantom Menace.
I've tried to block that entire traumatic experience from my mind.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

What does a REAL police-free city look like: West Baltimore’s Police Presence Drops, and Murders Soar
A month and a half after six officers were charged in Mr. Gray’s death, policing has dwindled in some of Baltimore’s most dangerous neighborhoods, and murders have risen to levels not seen in four decades. The totals include a 29-year-old man fatally shot on this drug corner last month. Police union officials say that officers are still coming to work, but that some feel a newfound reluctance and are stepping back, questioning whether they will be prosecuted for actions they take on the job.

Around the nation, communities and police departments are struggling to adapt to an era of heightened scrutiny, when every stop can be recorded on a cellphone. But residents, clergy members and neighborhood leaders say the past six weeks have made another reality clear: that as much as some officers regularly humiliated and infuriated many who live here, angering gang members and solid citizens alike, the solution has to be better policing, not a diminished police presence.

“Without law enforcement, there is no order,” Pastor Weah said. “In truth, residents want a strong police force, but they also want accountability.” She said that she sympathized with many officers who did their jobs well but were now just as hated as the abusive officers, and that she prayed the spate of killings would be the shock that finally caused change.
At least 55 people, the highest pace since the early 1970s, have been killed in Baltimore since May 1, when the state’s attorney for the city, Marilyn J. Mosby, announced the criminal charges against the officers. Victims of shootings have included people involved in criminal activity and young children who were simply in the wrong place.

A 9-year-old boy was shot in the leg over the Memorial Day weekend. Another boy, Kester Browne, 7, a Chinese-language student at an international school, was fatally shot along with his mother, Jennifer Jeffrey-Browne, 31. They were two of the city’s 42 homicide victims in May.

At the time of her announcement, Ms. Mosby’s charges were seen as calming the city. But they enraged the police rank and file, who pulled back. The number of arrests plunged, and the murder rate doubled in a month. The reduced police presence gave criminals space to operate, according to community leaders and some law enforcement officials.
Maybe it's better to reform police instead of getting rid of it. Just a thought.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

This is what a police-free world looks like:
Beyond_Thunderdome.jpg
(207.88 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Pagancat wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:23 am
Oh my lawd

https://www.buzzfeed.com/outefiainuvai/ ... .cbRV1Rled
Anybody archive that bad boy?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote:
Image1.jpg
(57.52 KiB) Downloaded 174 times

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

I see what you did there!

For reference (and an excuse to thrash up the 'pit)...

"Raining blood, from a lacerated sky" is one of my all-time fave lyrics!

:character-beavisbutthead:

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
This is what a police-free world looks like:

Beyond_Thunderdome.jpg
Laws are useless. Criminals ignore them, and the law abiding don't need them.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Bhurzum wrote:
I see what you did there!

For reference (and an excuse to thrash up the 'pit)...

"Raining blood, from a lacerated sky" is one of my all-time fave lyrics!

:character-beavisbutthead:
I couldn't resist...

Billie from Ockham

This was interesting.

free thoughtpolice

Guy gets swatted, cops shoot some poor sucker, violent video games to blame, Sarkeesian was right.
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/201 ... s-angeles/

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Bhurzum wrote:
I wonder if they were hacked. The whole thing was brutal, but especially this:
BLM.jpg
(122.75 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
That should be a stand alone meme if it isn't already.