In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by MarcusAu »

Those pics have triggered flashback to my days in catholic school...

...and not with the good sort of nun either.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

shoutinghorse wrote: Iranians are on the streets protesting for an end to Islamic rule and their women are risking jail by ripping off the hijab.

Meanwhile in Britain.
https://i.imgur.com/BpM5lNL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GzR2lY6.jpg
And... whither Penny? Smurthwaite? Valenti? Marcotte?

You'd think snotty middle class white girls feminists weren't interested, or something.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Ape+lust wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:00 am
shoutinghorse wrote: Iranians are on the streets protesting for an end to Islamic rule and their women are risking jail by ripping off the hijab.

Meanwhile in Britain.
And... whither Penny? Smurthwaite? Valenti? Marcotte?

You'd think snotty middle class white girls feminists weren't interested, or something.
They're probably too blinded by their bigotry to appreciate that once they've smashed the White Supremacist Patriarchy through "diversification" there is going to be nobody riding to the rescue to clean up the playpen and save them from themselves. Islamification is for keeps. No more safe spaces, no more indulgence of their privileged whining. Islam was created to solidify the Arab empire and inspire new conquests. It has proven remarkably effective for over a thousand years and the spread is picking up speed again. The conquests never stopped, they have just been happening very slowly for the past few centuries, mainly in Southeast Asia

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Meanwhile in Britain.

Happy New Year Everyone :obscene-drinkingcheers:
I hope when I join the coppers they will issue me with an Iron Maiden shirt that features a police-themed Eddie.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_dBefrH8QY

Andy "Adam KKK Grand Wizard" Warski had the bright idea of getting his viewers to tweet Hasbro about the pedophile judges at Magic The Gathering tournaments.

Insanity begins at 1:07:58

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Some terrible transphobia in the UK. Can't wait for Muscato to tweet this one right.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5241461/n ... h-stubble/

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Shatterface wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:31 pm
Just caught up with the latest Peaky Blinders. Damn, that's good. Who'd have thought a series about a bunch of Brummies in cloth caps and George Orwell haircuts could be the coolest thing on TV? Outstanding performances from Cillian Murphy, Helen McCrory, Paul Anderson and Tom Hardy and a great soundtrack.

Only way this could get better is if they brought in Stephen Graham as Al Capone for Season 5.
Say what?!? What is this marvel you're talking about?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Inclusivity & diversity matter :think:
The patient is fortunate to have received an apology, as police guidance could easily have allowed the trust to report her complain as an anti-trans “hate crime“, or at least a “non-crime hate incident“.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Inclusivity & diversity matter :think:
The patient is fortunate to have received an apology, as police guidance could easily have allowed the trust to report her complain as an anti-trans “hate crime“, or at least a “non-crime hate incident“.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

VickyCaramel wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_dBefrH8QY

Andy "Adam KKK Grand Wizard" Warski had the bright idea of getting his viewers to tweet Hasbro about the pedophile judges at Magic The Gathering tournaments.

You do not say ... link to the tweets : https://twitter.com/search?q=%40HasbroNews&src=typd

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Just caught up with the latest Peaky Blinders. Damn, that's good. Who'd have thought a series about a bunch of Brummies in cloth caps and George Orwell haircuts could be the coolest thing on TV? Outstanding performances from Cillian Murphy, Helen McCrory, Paul Anderson and Tom Hardy and a great soundtrack.

Only way this could get better is if they brought in Stephen Graham as Al Capone for Season 5.
A very, very good crime drama set in Birmingham shortly after the First World War. Every episode is currently available for free via the BBC iPlayer - but only if you're in the UK. However, if you're up for a bit of VPN trickery, you may be able to watch them from foreign parts.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

AndrewV69 wrote:

You do not say ... link to the tweets : https://twitter.com/search?q=%40HasbroNews&src=typd
Sadly I couldn't follow it as I got suspended from Twitter yesterday... Those Romoaners were reporting me enmasse, it was only a matter time before they got me. Just goes to show how easy it is to get banned as my tweets are near the knuckle at worst. Most are pretty tame. No wonder Warski looks worried.

But this stream was the funniest thing I have seen in years on YouTube. Warski's face is priceless. It is well worth an hour of your time.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Tigzy wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

A very, very good crime drama set in Birmingham shortly after the First World War. Every episode is currently available for free via the BBC iPlayer - but only if you're in the UK. However, if you're up for a bit of VPN trickery, you may be able to watch them from foreign parts.
The 1st three series (seasons in American) are on Netflix. the series has been described as the British Boardwark Empire, I'm not sure I would go that far but it is very enjoyable. Be warned though, there are some very dodgy Brummie accents from a few characters.

https://i.imgur.com/ifU1iW1.png

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MacGruberKnows wrote: What they promise:

https://d3f650ayx9w00n.cloudfront.net/940/19553-1.jpg

What they deliver:

http://www.adulttoyreviews.com/dolls/pict/1917-01.JPG

No, I did not order it. I just googled one of my favorite pinups from the 90's and found it.
That's highly realistic -- they just put the Paz de la Huerta doll in the wrong box.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Andy "Adam KKK Grand Wizard Race" Warski has outdone himself with this incredible sequence. Bravo!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:16 am
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Don't forget the 0.002% of trans* murdered in 2017.
Is "holistic justice" a thing? The smaller/weaker the problem, the more potent its effect?
I suppose you could 'potentize' Zinnia Jones by picking xir up (xe's a wee lad after all) and shaking zir violently until gobs of ass-splooge comes out.

You are all very welcome for that image.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

The 1st three series (seasons in American) are on Netflix. the series has been described as the British Boardwark Empire, I'm not sure I would go that far but it is very enjoyable. Be warned though, there are some very dodgy Brummie accents from a few characters.

https://i.imgur.com/ifU1iW1.png
I watched the trailer, there are a lot of machine guns.... Speaking as something of a crime buff, it doesn't look very historically accurate.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

VickyCaramel wrote: I watched the trailer, there are a lot of machine guns.... Speaking as something of a crime buff, it doesn't look very historically accurate.
Well, it isn't. In fact, it's pretty far fetched. However, it's pretty damn good in its own right, and some of the performances are stellar.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Tigzy wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: I watched the trailer, there are a lot of machine guns.... Speaking as something of a crime buff, it doesn't look very historically accurate.
Well, it isn't. In fact, it's pretty far fetched. However, it's pretty damn good in its own right, and some of the performances are stellar.
The real Peaky Blinders were a Victorian age gang. The series is set a few decades later. There's a great guest cast including Sam Neill and Paddy Considine.

The writer, Steven Knight, used to write the comedy The Detectives for Jasper Carrot and Robert Powell.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Old_ones wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:39 pm

I also think anti-SJW is a perfectly acceptable label for people who oppose SJW politics. I have noticed some people using "classical liberal" as an alternative to this to emphasize that they line up with enlightenment values, but it's not a label I particularly love, because I think it's easy to misunderstand what it means. "Liberal" means too many different things.

Randomercam notes that whiteness and maleness are what are under attack by the SJWs, and there are certainly pro-white and pro-male labels you can apply to yourself, but not everyone who opposes SJWs is alt-right or an MRA. Personally I see myself as less pro-white or pro-male and more anti-vacuous criticism of white people and males. I don't want a white ethnostate or the special privileges for white people that SJWs want for minorities, I just don't want to be slandered, and called a racist for no reason and resented for privileges I supposedly have that may or may not actually apply or even make any sense. I think plenty of other people probably feel that way, and I think that is a perfectly good basis for a political movement. If you start tacking on a lot of pro- positions and insisting that people subscribe to them then you potentially run into the atheism + problem. You start alienating people by insisting that they sign on for shit that they may not want to support.
How about calling ourselves the 'Adjectivalists'.

The idea being that we accept that various words can be used to describe different individuals. But that these don't constitute 'identities'.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Feminist pest control, if you have rats chewing up your house's wiring just stop shooting coyotes.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I am not an adjective, I am a free man.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Feminist pest control, if you have rats chewing up your house's wiring just stop shooting coyotes.
Fuck you, you fucking fucker. Where's the trigger warning.
► Show Spoiler

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

Shatterface wrote: I am not an adjective, I am a free man.
Well...If not "free", at least very reasonable.

Allegedly.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Feminist pest control, if you have rats chewing up your house's wiring just stop shooting coyotes.
I got this video recommended when I paused the Watson video:

Proof:
Potato.jpg
(155.05 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
Perhaps there is a god after all.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

He's 96 you know! .. God love him. :lol:
He pointed at him in a funny way and turned to one of his Royal bodyguards, saying: “Is that a terrorist?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Cute

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

So Happy New Year, fuckers!

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

piginthecity wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:23 pm
Old_ones wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:39 pm

I also think anti-SJW is a perfectly acceptable label for people who oppose SJW politics. I have noticed some people using "classical liberal" as an alternative to this to emphasize that they line up with enlightenment values, but it's not a label I particularly love, because I think it's easy to misunderstand what it means. "Liberal" means too many different things.

Randomercam notes that whiteness and maleness are what are under attack by the SJWs, and there are certainly pro-white and pro-male labels you can apply to yourself, but not everyone who opposes SJWs is alt-right or an MRA. Personally I see myself as less pro-white or pro-male and more anti-vacuous criticism of white people and males. I don't want a white ethnostate or the special privileges for white people that SJWs want for minorities, I just don't want to be slandered, and called a racist for no reason and resented for privileges I supposedly have that may or may not actually apply or even make any sense. I think plenty of other people probably feel that way, and I think that is a perfectly good basis for a political movement. If you start tacking on a lot of pro- positions and insisting that people subscribe to them then you potentially run into the atheism + problem. You start alienating people by insisting that they sign on for shit that they may not want to support.
How about calling ourselves the 'Adjectivalists'.

The idea being that we accept that various words can be used to describe different individuals. But that these don't constitute 'identities'.
I see where you are going with that, but if I follow your logic I think a better term would be "individualist", which is a label I already use. The essence of individualism to me is to view people as individuals and disagree with the premise that knowing their identity descriptors can tell you anything important about their experience or who they are as a person. That's how I would describe my own position on that issue.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Happy New Year from Blighty, you Pitterkins.

Oh, and a little Happy New Year message from The Commander to PZ Myers, if he is reading this....... "Go and drink the diarrhea of dying tramp, you fucking arsehole."

:)

John D

Post by John D »

Haha. I am not in favor of shooting coyotes, but when Becci says we shouldn't shoot coyotes I somehow change my mind. She actually makes me want to do the opposite of what she suggests... no matter what it is. If Becci thinks one thing, and argues for it, she always puts me off. Haha.

One block from my house someone's little mutt was attacked by a coyote. The dog initially survived, but died at the emergency vet from the wounds.

I always leash walk my little 15 pound beast so I figure we are safe from coyote attack. I doubt a coyote would attack my dog while I was 5 feet away.

Anyway... Becci's explanation about how coyotes spread more after they have been hunted is about the stupidest thing I have heard this week. She actually argues that coyotes spread because they were hunted. She says nothing about how humans have created coyote positive environments... which is the real reason they have spread.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote:
feathers wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:09 pm
[It takes a truly special person to be:
* An ex-Muslim
* An ex-Mormon
* An ex-Buddist
* A self professed ex-terrorist & ex-terrorist supporter
It only gets truly distressing if she also claims to be your ex.
She may be nuttier than a squirrel turd but she does have some truly impressive top-bollocks! I'd suck those bad boys until blood came out...
I see where you're coming from, but I reckon she's got to be a genuine bunny boiler. Remember, don't stick your dick in crazy...

But, yeah, great funbags...

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I have already drunk more this year than I did in the first six months of last year.

I have drunk three pints.

free thoughtpolice

Anyway... Becci's explanation about how coyotes spread more after they have been hunted is about the stupidest thing I have heard this week. She actually argues that coyotes spread because they were hunted. She says nothing about how humans have created coyote positive environments... which is the real reason they have spread.
The idea that coyotes spread and therefore increase in population because of stresses and hunting isn't correct as she describes it. Coyotes, like Gray Wolves don't run in packs with an alpha male, they live in family units with a matriarch and patriarch. In good conditions, the off spring live in the family units until they reach sexual maturity when they are "dispersed" or chased out of the family unit where they seek their own territory and a mate unrelated to them. They will be attacked and possibly killed if they persist around the territory of an established clan.
In poor conditions like lack of food and predation from other animals like humans, the dispersal occurs with younger offspring which have a much lower chance of survival than the older animals. Early dispersal does not cause a population boom because younger animals have a much lesser chance of establishing their own family group.
Expanding populations are because of good food supplies and a lack of predators. Like wolves, the more food available and lack of predators also enables families to tolerate unrelated coyotes in closer proximity.
Also, she ignores the danger and pest level of coyotes and the fact that it increases when they don't fear humans.
Hunting them definitely decreases populations of animals like coyotes as long as it is kept up.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

John D wrote:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKtGmLI4-Tw
Haha. I am not in favor of shooting coyotes, but when Becci says we shouldn't shoot coyotes I somehow change my mind. She actually makes me want to do the opposite of what she suggests... no matter what it is. If Becci thinks one thing, and argues for it, she always puts me off. Haha.

One block from my house someone's little mutt was attacked by a coyote. The dog initially survived, but died at the emergency vet from the wounds.

I always leash walk my little 15 pound beast so I figure we are safe from coyote attack. I doubt a coyote would attack my dog while I was 5 feet away.

I think the only thing I have ever agreed with her on is her criticism of anti-vaxers. Maybe atheism although she says very little on that these days and like all feminists fuck all on Islam

As for Coyotes I know very little apart from what I may have seen in the odd TV nature show but if they have a habit of attacking dogs and with her total lack of looking after Indy then lets just hope they never come across one on her numerous road trips, otherwise Chris may just have to show some toxic masculinity to save the poor mutt.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The coyotes were yipping here last nite. Their scat was all up and down my driveway this morning. (my driveway is 1/4 mile long). Me and my bitch peed on them.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I've never seen a coyote. I don't believe they exist. I think you guys have seen too many cartoons.

free thoughtpolice

Shatterface wrote: I've never seen a coyote. I don't believe they exist. I think you guys have seen too many cartoons.
I doubted the existence of Roadrunners until one day on a golf course in Needles California one ran out in front of my tee off. :text-happynewyear:

free thoughtpolice

The video Becky may have made if she wasn't full of shit.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Shatterface wrote: I've never seen a coyote. I don't believe they exist. I think you guys have seen too many cartoons.
I doubted the existence of Roadrunners until one day on a golf course in Needles California one ran out in front of my tee off. :text-happynewyear:
What brand golfballs were you using -- Topflite or Acme?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PSA

Sh0e is engaged.

free thoughtpolice

What brand golfballs were you using -- Topflite or Acme?
:drool: The same long trip where I had my nightime welcome by the Vacaville tourist board of the 70s.
The golf course didn't want to allow us, partly because I was a long haired, bearded type and my gf at the time was a volatile bitch, but some of the club members got us a pass.
Halfway through the round I had to restrain her from driving while a Roadrunner passed in front of the tee.
She also had a habit of experimenting with vegetarianism and rescuing pets she didn't responsibly care for.
I still have nightmares. :shock:

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
That would be quite a distraction on a golf course. I could see shanking a drive because of it.

https://ccpublic.blob.core.windows.net/ ... -thumb.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

watching JG in freefall is also a distraction of sorts.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Happy new year, let's hope it's better than the couple last ones...

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Brive1987 wrote: watching JG in freefall is also a distraction of sorts.

Reckon Blaire plowed the pair of them immediately after?

This question is not transphobic: I am hoping it happened as was livestreamed.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I keep meaning to mention this :

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Also,

We have subject matter experts on the brain and it's working here in the 'Pit right?

(I got question(s))

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Actually, they just released Season 4 on the 21st. So you can watch them all on Netflix.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Also have been binge watching Penny Dreadful. If you're not a full-blown nit-picky critic, it's a fun series. I gloss over the shit writing and slow dialogue as it appears. Overall, worth watching when you're bored. Also on Netflix.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Still waiting for The Expanse, American Gods and my favorite shit show, The Originals, to come back.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Belated happy new year, folks! Lang may yer lum reek and all that good stuff.

Last night was a blast, was pretty wasted, didn't make an arse of myself and the missus was pretty pleased by my uncharacteristic easy-going nature. A wee bit fragile right now (I yelling swahili into the big white telephone a few hours ago!) but all told, I think I'll make this evenings festivities! It's a karaoke and bar-games night, casual dress, no cut-off time.

I'm getting too old for this shit but I'm going out fighting!

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

AndrewV69 wrote: I keep meaning to mention this :

Yeah, but has anyone asked the cockroaches ?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Are you black?

Are you a total narcissist?

Do you think failing Grade 2 piano exam will interest a world-wide audience as well as your mother?

Then the Guardian will pay you to write columns for them.

Please provide a photo proving that you are black before collecting your cheque.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -exam-test

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

AndrewV69 wrote: Also,

We have subject matter experts on the brain and it's working here in the 'Pit right?

(I got question(s))
If the Pit can't answer your brain questions no one can. We have the best brains. We are making brains great again.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Shatterface wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Also,

(I got question(s))
If the Pit can't answer your brain questions no one can. We have the best brains. We are making brains great again.
http://picsmine.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... r-Meme.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Brive1987 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:28 pm
watching JG in freefall is also a distraction of sorts.

It's not gay of the balls touch.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I'll give people a pass for behaviour they partake in during Hogmaney or Satinalia.

But Jaclyn is not doing much to demonstrate that she is not a narcissistic attention-seeking twat.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: But Jaclyn is not doing much to demonstrate that she is not a narcissistic attention-seeking twat.
https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Girl_o ... t_Syndrome