Brianna Wu never disappoints:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRcCcm5WAAACR8Z.jpg:large

We need more moon bases to deal with the Mario menace :bjarte:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote: Amusingly I read the South African constitution today.
http://www.wipo.int/edocs/lexdocs/laws/ ... a107en.pdf

"Hailed by many as one of the most liberal and progressive in the world today."

Chapter 2 point 9 deals with equality.

Check out subpoint 5 as it relates to subpoint 3

http://i.imgur.com/0he7s8m.jpg

:clap: :lol: :lol:
:shock:

Geez, that's sick. It should send a thrill of fear right up the backside of any South African.

Any South African, that is, except the very special Turkey Moose.

I'm glad you posted that, because I just found Moosa exulting about how wonderful it is. And he bills himself as a law student :lol:

https://imgur.com/wZsHicc.png

https://imgur.com/MpfqoNG.png

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Our snake Dexter died early this morning.
Oh no, that's terrible. I'm sorry, Phil. He was a beautiful critter.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

MarcusAu wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:29 pm
The South African inflection must be the most skin-crawing, nails-on-chalk board, irritating accent in the entire British Commonweath. Even Rhodesian is more pleasant to listen to.

There must be a better testament to the good character of the Afrikaners - perhaps in the example of Smuts.
Perhaps you are confused as to the difference between Afrikaners and English speaking South Africans. Not the same thing.

ThreeFlangedJavis

ERV wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:39 pm
MarcusAu wrote: The South African inflection must be the most skin-crawing, nails-on-chalk board, irritating accent in the entire British Commonweath. Even Rhodesian is more pleasant to listen to.

There must be a better testament to the good character of the Afrikaners - perhaps in the example of Smuts.
Haha haha I couldn't understand a living soul in Cape Town. I have no trouble understanding broken English/thick accents from all over the world, but in S.A. I just smiled and nodded :shock: I am not joking at all. I thought it was just me.
That's weird. Most English speaking South Africans with any education are relatively unaccented, at least compared to antipodeans, most regional English folk and a whole lot of USaians. Perhaps you came across a lot of "coloureds", who are a population descended from Malays and perhaps from other lighter skinned local indigenous. They have a very distinct way of speaking. Even most Afrikaans people that I come across speak English clearly enough to be easily understood.

While on the subject, the fake Afrikaans accents in foreign movies/TV are absolutely abysmal. I've also noticed that white South African is taken as being synonymous with Afrikaans.

feathers

Post by feathers »

ERV wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:39 pm
MarcusAu wrote: The South African inflection must be the most skin-crawing, nails-on-chalk board, irritating accent in the entire British Commonweath. Even Rhodesian is more pleasant to listen to.

Haha haha I couldn't understand a living soul in Cape Town. I have no trouble understanding broken English/thick accents from all over the world, but in S.A. I just smiled and nodded :shock: I am not joking at all. I thought it was just me.
The Dutch have a similar experience with Afrikaans.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

It's past time for this guy to be bawling in his prison pajamas.

https://imgur.com/AnRQ5y8.png

https://www.dvcinquirer.com/news/2017/1 ... trial-set/

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: You must be hanging with the boers rather than the English speakers.

Here is a reasonable example and, apart from the term genocide, I must be missing something if this messaging is fundamentally "wrong".

Further, as I've noted before, genocide is seen as a process and genocidewatch has South Africa at stage 6
http://genocidewatch.net/genocide-2/8-s ... -genocide/

So even that 'problematic' label is excusable.

But you know. "Post colonial consciousness" eh man?
1) Does GenocideWatch really classify South Africa as a stage 6 for genocide? I haven't found anything of the sort on their website.

2) Some source for the stats in the video would be nice.

3) Also some source on the statement that white people are subjected to disproportionate amounts of torture in home invasions would be useful.

4) Some of the pictures used in the closing montage are fakes, like the one with a cross in a woman's mouth.

5) Dismissing apartheid only as "separated bathrooms" is misleading.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:57 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:47 am
We could pick up 50 or 60K white South Africans per year from their current squatter camps if we really needed entrepreneurial fresh meat.
I'm not sure that squatter camp occupants are a likely source of entrepreneurial talent. Nor am I sure that the figures you posted earlier about white squatter camps pass muster. There are two things about South Africa that I know for sure. One is that the SA government are fairly incompetent, tend to lie, and are not a credible source of statistics. The other is that white genocide alarmists also tend to be full of shit.
No one knows the real figures re white poverty. The BBC reported the 400k number in 2013 and came under attack as a consequence.

I guess I had three points.

1. In South Africa there are 119 race laws protecting the 90% majority. SA is determined, via proportional employment, to bring the white population into line with black expectations. Getting fired for a quota throws the unemployed into a limited opportunity environment. Especially for the white working class. The rise of squatter camps is symptomatic of this dynamic.

2. Genocide is the intentional action to destroy a people (usually defined as an ethnic, national, racial, or religious group) in whole or in part. There is a lot of debate over what "destroy" and "in part" means. Certainly Lempkin, who coined the word, understood that "cultural genocide" was a thing before the Nazis stole the spotlight with their holocaust. What is happening in SA (and elsewhere) is not outside the genocide debate parameters.

3. My wife's family is SA and my personal experience is that white South Africans, for all the inequality, operated in a difficult and hostile environment completely alien to Euro-American norms. They tend to be more resourceful and independent than your typical westerner. Not a bad demographic to import if you are looking for quality stock with which to top-up your population.
There are a lot of opinions floating around as to the sinister intentions of the ANC and about white oppression. It is not an easy thing to get an objective view on. For all of the legislative discrimination against whites, it needs to be borne in mind that whites as a demographic are still much wealthier than the black/coloured masses. The government has to do something to address this and it is easy to view their solutions in a sinister light. I'm not saying that ANC policy is wise, just that it can be seen as a good faith attempt to redress an imbalance. There are undoubtedly bad actors with bad intent in the ANC. Those bad actors are not necessarily the ones driving policy and the ANC can't really dump them without additional justification. I certainly don't know if there is any evil masterplan to kill whitey.

The way people see it, a white squatter camp should be no more of a problem than a black one. Talk of discrimination does not impress the masses. Calling it genocide is just wanking around with the dictionary as far as they are concerned. You are correct in saying that retrenched whites can be in a bit of a bind. Good luck with changing that because the average non-white is going to raise a stink if big business remains white dominated and is allowed to go back to employing whitey.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: You must be hanging with the boers rather than the English speakers.

Here is a reasonable example and, apart from the term genocide, I must be missing something if this messaging is fundamentally "wrong".

Further, as I've noted before, genocide is seen as a process and genocidewatch has South Africa at stage 6

https.://youtu.be/KpaWtrEqga0

1) Does GenocideWatch really classify South Africa as a stage 6 for genocide? I haven't found anything of the sort on their website.

3) Also some source on the statement that white people are subjected to disproportionate amounts of torture in home invasions would be useful.

4) Some of the pictures used in the closing montage are fakes, like the one with a cross in a woman's mouth.

Out at pub but ,,
1. Yes it does. Alerts > countries at risk. I like that it treats genocide as a process rather than looking for holocaust analogs
2. I saw she had a list of links in the notes. I haven't followed them thru but thought that was a good first sign
3. If you really want I can get you a database of white attack details plus a photographic site
4. As I said if you want gore I can get it. I guess the idea here is to drive home the personal reality of the killings.
5. I think she was looking for a metaphor for separation with the sign - rather than a full analysis. Point was people obsessed on the overt discrimination when it was white on black, less so when the tables turn.

The footage of "bring me my machine gun" was really enough to disqualify the SA govt from any serious consideration.

I wasn't expecting a thesis from her - but it seemed a better than average OP where she tried for a fact based framework.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
There are a lot of opinions floating around as to the sinister intentions of the ANC and about white oppression. It is not an easy thing to get an objective view on. For all of the legislative discrimination against whites, it needs to be borne in mind that whites as a demographic are still much wealthier than the black/coloured masses. The government has to do something to address this and it is easy to view their solutions in a sinister light. I'm not saying that ANC policy is wise, just that it can be seen as a good faith attempt to redress an imbalance. There are undoubtedly bad actors with bad intent in the ANC. Those bad actors are not necessarily the ones driving policy and the ANC can't really dump them without additional justification. I certainly don't know if there is any evil masterplan to kill whitey.

The way people see it, a white squatter camp should be no more of a problem than a black one. Talk of discrimination does not impress the masses. Calling it genocide is just wanking around with the dictionary as far as they are concerned. You are correct in saying that retrenched whites can be in a bit of a bind. Good luck with changing that because the average non-white is going to raise a stink if big business remains white dominated and is allowed to go back to employing whitey.
I'd be surprised if the ANC had any clearer view of what they wanted in practice than Mugabe did. Beyond a conceptual we want the business, the farms and the wealth but we don't want to starve or totally fuck the economy or the international appetite for investment.

The 80% quota concept doesn't bode well for the requisite first-world thought required for successful economic re-engineering. Maybe the hideous concept of white owned, white built, white run businesses requires a counter based on laboriously earnt merit? But that's a long game. Hasn't been achieved in 20 years. Maybe another 40? Or hell. Pass a law and make it happen sooner eh?

:think:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

That sucks. Commiserations.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:09 am
Kirbmarc wrote:

https.://youtu.be/KpaWtrEqga0

Out at pub but ,,
1. Yes it does. Alerts > countries at risk. I like that it treats genocide as a process rather than looking for holocaust analogs
2. I saw she had a list of links in the notes. I haven't followed them thru but thought that was a good first sign
3. If you really want I can get you a database of white attack details plus a photographic site
4. As I said if you want gore I can get it. I guess the idea here is to drive home the personal reality of the killings.
5. I think she was looking for a metaphor for separation with the sign - rather than a full analysis. Point was people obsessed on the overt discrimination when it was white on black, less so when the tables turn.

The footage of "bring me my machine gun" was really enough to disqualify the SA govt from any serious consideration.

I wasn't expecting a thesis from her - but it seemed a better than average OP where she tried for a fact based framework.
1) Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. To put things in context, Russia, the Ukraine and China are at level 7, while India and Mexico are at level 5. So it is a genuine concern, although not an overwhelming one (yet). Also since both Russia and the Ukraine are listed at the same level, like because of the Donbass conflict, it'd be interesting to see whether the risk in South Africa is only for the white afrikaner community or for a series of ethnic tensions (which no doubt include anti-afrikaner actions and ideas).

2) I'll check them out and see if there's anything worth talking about.

3) PM it to me if you can. I can stomach gore.

4) It doesn't bode well for your thesis to use fake images/data along with real ones, no matter what your thesis is. At best it makes you look sloppy, at worst it's a red flag.

5) I get that, and I understand the intent, but it came across as "back then it was only bathroom separation, now it's violent attacks and discrimination". It's not important to only report true data, but to frame data with other true data.

SJWs correctly report that police misconduct is widespread in the US, and that black people are affected by it on a disproportionate level compared to their size of the population, but this doesn't mean that it's a "new Jim Crow" or "police exterminations of black people", especially since other correct data (like proportionality of crime rates between different communities) frames the issue as motivated more by class/crime issues and poor training/excessive indulgence towards misconduct than about a race-motivated attack.

So it's important to understand exactly what's going on, how much of a rise in murders is due to economic factors (with white afrikaners being richer on average than black South Africans they might be a favorite target of black South African criminals) and other relevant factors.

The "bring the machine gun" video is inexcusable and if it were a white leader saying that about non-whites anyone be tearing them apart on social media (with good reason). It looks like the Zuma government is going down, though, and attitudes seem to have changed, with white afrikaners and white South Africans in general getting more representation about those issues (at least according to what the South African section of Reddit says).

However, as I've written, there are no excuses to sing about shooting people of a social group in your country if you're the leader of that country, no matter what happened in the past. Promoting ethnic violence as a leader is at best supremely irresponsible, at worst downright criminal.

The double standards about white on-black racism and black on-white racism in the media representation of South Africa undermine the efforts to reduce and contain racism/tribalism, I'll grant you that.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Condolences Phil. :cry:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: There are a lot of opinions floating around as to the sinister intentions of the ANC and about white oppression. It is not an easy thing to get an objective view on. For all of the legislative discrimination against whites, it needs to be borne in mind that whites as a demographic are still much wealthier than the black/coloured masses. The government has to do something to address this and it is easy to view their solutions in a sinister light. I'm not saying that ANC policy is wise, just that it can be seen as a good faith attempt to redress an imbalance. There are undoubtedly bad actors with bad intent in the ANC. Those bad actors are not necessarily the ones driving policy and the ANC can't really dump them without additional justification. I certainly don't know if there is any evil masterplan to kill whitey.

Yeah, the economic problems are definitely part of the issue and I can see why quotas have been put in place. I find the idea of promoting song about shooting people more "problematic" than the quotas, especially since the excuse that it's a "revolutionary song" is moot now that the "revolution" is done and apartheid is over.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Correction: apparently in the 2016 report of the Genocide Risk Report South Africa is listed at level 6 with "White, Boers, Immigrants and Policemen" as victim and "Marxist racists and xenophobes" as the perpetrators. So it seems that the biggest concern for South Africa, according to Genocide Watch, IS about whites/boers/afrikaners.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Not enough racial diversity in video games.

Why do people never worry about the lack of black sumo wrestlers?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42357678

ThreeFlangedJavis

Kirbmarc wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:41 am

I can give you some anecdotes. An octogenarian living on the retirement estate where my mother used to live was subject to a home invasion during the course of which she was tied up while her home was ransacked at leisure. She only escaped with her life because one of the bastards mistakenly pressed the alarm button while trying to open the garage door to get the car out with her in it. A visitor to a house adjoining the complex was shot in the shoulder completely out of the blue while getting into her car. This was in broad daylight in a residential area. My father, an insurance broker, had a client who was tied up and tortured in front of his family. There was a case very recently of a white farmer murdered in his home about an hours drive from here. Talking to farmers, one hears of cases not reported in the news. There is a high murder rate in townships, particularly coloured townships, but that is mostly gang warfare related. The torture of white victims is a rather distinct thing.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: The takeovers are still going on in other niches. The Magic community is having it's own little Gate with Jeremy of Unsleeved Media being the villain du jour. As a brief synopsis, Jeremy is a bit of a self-admitted arsehole with an MTG youtube channel. He made some comments months ago about a cosplayer who he thought was a poser taking advantage of socially inadequate players. He made a couple more tweets about Sprankle, the cosplayer, after that and she has recently announced that she is quitting the MTG scene because of Jeremy's "harassment" campaign. Wizards of the Coast, producers of the game (correct me if I'm wrong, no clue about games) have banned Jeremy for life from something or other and apparently confiscated game-related property he paid for. It is going to be interesting to see what happens because he is fighting back hard and showing up the vacuity of the accusations and has evidence that WOTC employees have directed people to go after him IRL. He has also brought to light that Sprankle was accepted for a course of study before suddenly deciding that she was being harassed. Her Patreon was also dying, but obviously a coincidence because nobody could be that cynical. Perhaps the SJWs have become so used to getting away with lies and actual harassment that their overconfidence is going to sink them here.
That's essentially correct, with the exception that I haven't heard anything about Wizards trying to confiscate property, only that Jeremy has been banned from DCI which means that he can't even play MtG at his local game-store.
Not really a problem as the guy probably doesn't play the game at all and self-describes as a purely kitchen table player.

That said losing one's DCI number is hardly the strident punishment some seem to think. I saw one of Sargon's vids where people were talking about Jeremy "risking his DCI number" like it's a driver's license or a passport or something. Meanwhile I know people who've had five of the things because they're about as special and hard to acquire as a Yahoo email account and many people would rather get a new one than keep track of the one they had.

Jeremy is pretty much a professional clickbaiter. I actually followed this story as it broke and have no sympathy for the guy. He's a retard and a gift-wrapped present to SJWs, and it's frustrating to see tribalism play out where anti-SJWs feel compelled to defend him even when it's not fucking worth it at all.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

If you're looking for a riveting, disturbing read and a great piece of long-form journalism, have a gander at this: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... eaths.html

ThreeFlangedJavis

Sunder wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:25 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: The takeovers are still going on in other niches. The Magic community is having it's own little Gate with Jeremy of Unsleeved Media being the villain du jour. As a brief synopsis, Jeremy is a bit of a self-admitted arsehole with an MTG youtube channel. He made some comments months ago about a cosplayer who he thought was a poser taking advantage of socially inadequate players. He made a couple more tweets about Sprankle, the cosplayer, after that and she has recently announced that she is quitting the MTG scene because of Jeremy's "harassment" campaign. Wizards of the Coast, producers of the game (correct me if I'm wrong, no clue about games) have banned Jeremy for life from something or other and apparently confiscated game-related property he paid for. It is going to be interesting to see what happens because he is fighting back hard and showing up the vacuity of the accusations and has evidence that WOTC employees have directed people to go after him IRL. He has also brought to light that Sprankle was accepted for a course of study before suddenly deciding that she was being harassed. Her Patreon was also dying, but obviously a coincidence because nobody could be that cynical. Perhaps the SJWs have become so used to getting away with lies and actual harassment that their overconfidence is going to sink them here.
That's essentially correct, with the exception that I haven't heard anything about Wizards trying to confiscate property, only that Jeremy has been banned from DCI which means that he can't even play MtG at his local game-store.
Not really a problem as the guy probably doesn't play the game at all and self-describes as a purely kitchen table player.

That said losing one's DCI number is hardly the strident punishment some seem to think. I saw one of Sargon's vids where people were talking about Jeremy "risking his DCI number" like it's a driver's license or a passport or something. Meanwhile I know people who've had five of the things because they're about as special and hard to acquire as a Yahoo email account and many people would rather get a new one than keep track of the one they had.

Jeremy is pretty much a professional clickbaiter. I actually followed this story as it broke and have no sympathy for the guy. He's a retard and a gift-wrapped present to SJWs, and it's frustrating to see tribalism play out where anti-SJWs feel compelled to defend him even when it's not fucking worth it at all.
It doesn't matter if he's everything that you say he is. The point is that there is a genuine harassment campaign targeting him which was instigated by a lying grifter. Are you suggesting that SJW hate mobs are only a problem if they smear the wrong people?

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Whatever your opinion of the EU, what's happening with Poland is unprecedented and very worrying. It is precisely the kind of overreach that characterises the worst of Brussels.

I'm starting to think that Brexit might be irrelevant, as in a couple of years there might not be an EU to leave.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Sulman wrote: Whatever your opinion of the EU, what's happening with Poland is unprecedented and very worrying. It is precisely the kind of overreach that characterises the worst of Brussels.

I'm starting to think that Brexit might be irrelevant, as in a couple of years there might not be an EU to leave.
Is that the Brussels with the rioting and looting and police/migrant battles? trying to tell other countries how they should be run?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: this was fascinating and discouraging:

One thing that I love about Jon Haidt is how he never allows a false statement to stand. He interrupts and corrects people all the time, and does so about a dozen times in this video. This should give you a hint as to why some women can't stand him. He doesn't care who you are ... if you're wrong, he will say so.

Fegg

Post by Fegg »

One thing that I love about Jon Haidt is how he never allows a false statement to stand. He interrupts and corrects people all the time, and does so about a dozen times in this video. This should give you a hint as to why some women can't stand him. He doesn't care who you are ... if you're wrong, he will say so.
I like that too, but I would like to see data on conservatism of childless people not increasing with age. I only have anecdotal evidence and personal observation for people getting more conservative as they get older even if they don't have children, but I would be a little surprised if having kids were the only factor.

B.

feathers

Post by feathers »

SM1957 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:14 am
Sulman wrote: Whatever your opinion of the EU, what's happening with Poland is unprecedented and very worrying. It is precisely the kind of overreach that characterises the worst of Brussels.

Is that the Brussels with the rioting and looting and police/migrant battles? trying to tell other countries how they should be run?
Or trying to tell them to keep a modicum of democracy, if they are to receive continued subsidies from the rich bastards.

https://inews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... 60x836.jpg

(Of course "Brussels" isn't trying to tell them anything, the Union is)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

feathers wrote:
SM1957 wrote:

Or trying to tell them to keep a modicum of democracy, if they are to receive continued subsidies from the rich bastards.

Democracy meaning doing what the EU tells them to do?

Will the EU throw them out of the Union if they are not democratic enough?

Won't that mean the beginning of the end for the EU?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 1617fc.jpg

Just comparing for accuracy.../ahem.

(I've seen the porn parody and even though it's very entertaining, there were several gaping holes...in the plot!)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 1617fc.jpg

Just comparing for accuracy.../ahem.

(I've seen the porn parody and even though it's very entertaining, there were several gaping holes...in the plot!)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Hmmm...internal database error (500?) when I posted that last nugget of poop. Now, other than the double-post, the 'pit is slower than a geriatric scouser running from the rozzers.

Has our dear leader (with the massive boobies) been fiddling again?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Good news.

Unlike human sales staff, automated checkouts accept Scottish fivers without giving you a look like you'd just slapped your cock in their hands.

Starting to think the singularity might not be so bad after all.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

RIP .. But at least Velma Twatson is still with us right. :twatson:

https://i.imgur.com/lxTazzF.png

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

feathers wrote:
SM1957 wrote:

How much does Turkey get from the EU?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

feathers wrote:
SM1957 wrote:

How much does Turkey get from the EU?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

I wonder if this embedded Tweet works

'I'd like to start my speech today by saying I'm on my period' --@jessphillips on #freeperiods

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:31 pm
From the President of Wilfrid Laurier's statement: "It bears repeating in the current context that Laurier’s support for our lesbian, gay, bi, trans, queer and two-spirited (LGBTQ2S) campus community and transgender people in particular is unwavering."

Do I even want to know what "two-spirited" means? Is there going to be back-lash against the suggestion that two is the maximum?

As to the idea that "Consent cannot be given by someone who is incapacitated (such as by drugs or alcohol), unconscious, or otherwise unable to understand and voluntarily give consent" (which I happen to agree with), does this not imply that anyone who has sex with a drunk man is guilty of rape, even if she didn't consent either?
Poor boy. This article Before contact, this land was a gender-fluid place will help you better understand your place as a 'visitor' to these lands. If you can be bothered, you might enjoy the comments, where it is discovered the PhD possessed by the author was granted by a disreputable degree mill in Malta that would not be recognised by real universities.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote: Unlike human sales staff, automated checkouts accept Scottish fivers without giving you a look like you'd just slapped your cock in their hands.
And, how exactly, is it you're able to make this comparison?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Interesting. About the only occasion I've seen Petersen contradicted at specific points by, if not an equal, a better intellectually. He usually is so used to not being challenged. Specially as a lecturer in his day job. He presents a lot as authoritative certainty when it might be questionable, (though not necessarily wrong or right).- other than the standstill he ended up with Sam Harris on what "truth " was, or wasnt.

Pertinent point made though I think, by Petersen about how males are physically aggressive.
while females fight back with "reputational savaging", Haidt implies social media amplifies that tendency in females.
They'll use iphones for social purposes while guys mostly play games with them.

We've certainly seen that, with online campaigns eg against an astronomer's
shirt, certain prominent skeptics etc and the recent Weinstein/Hoffman/Hollywood allegations.
Not that males cant indulge in such tactics. and do.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

What's great is that all these folks -- Peterson, Haidt, Harris, Saad, Rubin, Paglia, et al. -- can have meaningful & respectful discussions while not always agreeing on every point. I'll even throw that Power Bottom Hab, Crowder, into that mix.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

InfraRedBucket wrote: We've certainly seen that, with online campaigns eg against an astronomer's
shirt, certain prominent skeptics etc and the recent Weinstein/Hoffman/Hollywood allegations.
Not that males cant indulge in such tactics. and do.
I wouldn't go so far as to describe Steve Shives as "male", but I get your point.

feathers

Post by feathers »

SM1957 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:05 am
feathers wrote: Or trying to tell them to keep a modicum of democracy, if they are to receive continued subsidies from the rich bastards.

[.img]https://inews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... 60x836.jpg[/img]

Democracy meaning doing what the EU tells them to do?
No, where did I, or the EU, say that?
Will the EU throw them out of the Union if they are not democratic enough?
Ultimately, yes, because there are rules for democracy and governance which are valid for all and which were, in the case of Poland, explicitly part of the conditions for becoming a member. The same rules have kept Turkey out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copenhagen_criteria
Won't that mean the beginning of the end for the EU?
Wouldn't confiscating driver's licences from repeated traffic offenders mean the end of traffic in the streets? Perhaps, but the alternative is far worse.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

It's only a matter of time before Poland and Hungary fuck the EU off. I don't think they'll be needing a referendum niether. :|

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Shatterface wrote: Unlike human sales staff, automated checkouts accept Scottish fivers without giving you a look like you'd just slapped your cock in their hands.
And, how exactly, is it you're able to make this comparison?
I develop hypotheses and then test them by leaving unexpected items in the teabagging area.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Finally, for those of us that think enthusiastic consent is sexy.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I think males and females both use IT
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: What's great is that all these folks -- Peterson, Haidt, Harris, Saad, Rubin, Paglia, et al. -- can have meaningful & respectful discussions while not always agreeing on every point. I'll even throw that Power Bottom Hab, Crowder, into that mix.
It's almost like they've realised their particular audiences can't be convinced by shouting and crying.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It appears the South African constitution remains a work in progress. This just in .....

http://i.imgur.com/l2G8vK7.jpg

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Don't bite the hand that feeds you. :naughty:

Really?

Post by Really? »

If you will recall, McKayla Maroney was that US gymnast who was an expert in the vault, but only won the silver. She became particularly famous for the facial expression she used to mark her displeasure.

Maroney was one of the over 100 gymnasts who was molested by the USA Gymnastics doctor who is currently on his way to prison to be raped endlessly. Maroney was celebrated for coming out and telling her MeToo truth.

It turns out that she took a $1.25 million settlement to keep her mouth shut about the doctor.

If you take a settlement (as Rose McGowan did) and then you still make accusations, did you really help anyone? Other than yourself, I mean.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olym ... 21131.html

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

This just in, a suggestion for the Europhiles & islamopologists on your gift lists:

"Trucks of Peace" smashing through them are probably an option for a small surcharge:

https://www.infowars.com/study-shows-di ... r-attacks/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Looks like the Orbit is following PZ's advice to go Nazi and hide violence behind sarcasm or satire

How to Cook and Eat your Favorite Republicans

If you can get your hands on a Rick Santorum, use a narrow pipe joint to wring out his contents and then use his entire body as a sausage casing. A Rick Santorum’s innards are a frothy mix of feces, child blood, animal semen, creationist textbooks, and the spirits of dead scientists captured during his weekly binding rituals, and can be used only as high-grade fertilizer
http://archive.is/WlYcG

It's hilarious. Btw was there any traction on gutting Ophelia Benson and using her as a meat puppet?

ThreeFlangedJavis

Kirbmarc wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:48 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: There are a lot of opinions floating around as to the sinister intentions of the ANC and about white oppression. It is not an easy thing to get an objective view on. For all of the legislative discrimination against whites, it needs to be borne in mind that whites as a demographic are still much wealthier than the black/coloured masses. The government has to do something to address this and it is easy to view their solutions in a sinister light. I'm not saying that ANC policy is wise, just that it can be seen as a good faith attempt to redress an imbalance. There are undoubtedly bad actors with bad intent in the ANC. Those bad actors are not necessarily the ones driving policy and the ANC can't really dump them without additional justification. I certainly don't know if there is any evil masterplan to kill whitey.

Yeah, the economic problems are definitely part of the issue and I can see why quotas have been put in place. I find the idea of promoting song about shooting people more "problematic" than the quotas, especially since the excuse that it's a "revolutionary song" is moot now that the "revolution" is done and apartheid is over.
The quotas and black empowerment requirements are a source of problems. You have a lot of blacks associated with entrepreneurial ventures who rake in the money for doing nothing but signing their name. It also leads to important government contracts being awarded to BEE companies without the capacity to fulfill them. The BEE legislation dampens competition. I know of many instances where prices charged by BEE contractors to government departments are vastly inflated.

I don't know what the situation is now, but I do know that in the past a lot of companies had to replace white staff and then employ contractors to make up the deficiencies in capacity. A friend of mine was forced by IBM to train his replacement. The trainee was absolutely clueless, surly and made endless complaints about non-existent racism. The guy was too shortsighted to use a monitor efficiently and rejected advice to get an eye test because he suspected an evil ulterior motive. The price of food has been rising fast and things will get a lot worse if farmland is expropriated. Farms tend to be given to co-operatives who spend more time fighting over share of income than actually trying to produce anything. You end up with neglected equipment, abandoned farms and subsistence farming. A common side effect is theft from neighbouring farms which sometimes results in productive farmers selling up and quitting.

So the problem with the BEE/quota system isn't only the fact that an unemployed white person without family support is pretty much fucked, it is also the effect on the economy.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

All I ever knew was kraut by name and kraut by nature.

http://i.imgur.com/KL0SpTj.jpg

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
It doesn't matter if he's everything that you say he is. The point is that there is a genuine harassment campaign targeting him which was instigated by a lying grifter. Are you suggesting that SJW hate mobs are only a problem if they smear the wrong people?
I've got no compunctions about "victim blaming." Guy pokes a beehive. Guy gets stung. This isn't a Charles Murray situation. He wasn't performing any kind of public service despite attempts to spin it that way.

Jeremy is as much a cynical, manipulative crybully as Sprankle. Or Sarkeesian. This whole ordeal has been a great boon to his notoriety and his two Patreons and 3-4 Youtube/Twitter accounts.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Finally, for those of us that think enthusiastic consent is sexy.
I don't get it. What's the advantage of fucking a robot if it can talk?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Sargon kills it in his "Last Jedi" video!