In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:Erm .. Like never :suimouth:
When your broadcasts reach a planet where they are turned on by potatoes?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:BTW Kirb, Switzerland is the most ridiculous country I have ever visited. Beautiful, but so ridiculous.
I agree. Zermatt is especially ridiculous :bjarte:
I don't know. I'm lying here on couch staring at the Matterhorn framed against blue sky after having a super massive breakfast laid out by a lovely young thing in our huge chalet dual-corner apartment perched high on the slopes.

How bad can it get?
Wait till you get the bill.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hemant promotes / (co-writes?) a book that's pure Atheism Plus v 2.0

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... d-atheism/

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Steersman, I concede.

Either/Or

"The society’s inability to reach consensus was due, in part, to its failure to locate either testicles or ovaries in the patient. Until 1915, that was the generally accepted determining factor for sex."

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Oh it's the first release from his own little publishing press (a.k.a., kickstarter page).

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Peak Dan Arel:
"Borders are bad! But regional autonomy is good! We'll have regional autonomy without borders, and we'll defend the limits of that autonomy by throwing out people we don't like from our spaces! Which not like borders only with us in charge of who's getting in and who isn't, no siree!"

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Perhaps Dan is only in favor of Anti-Fascist Protection Ramparts? :think:

John D

Post by John D »

Can't we just say we don't discriminate???
Statement of Non- Discrimination
The U.S. Department of Agriculture
(USDA) prohibits discrimination in all
of its programs and activities on the
basis of race, color, national origin,
age, disability, and where applicable,
sex (including gender identity and
expression), marital status, familial
status, parental status, religion, sexual
orientation, political beliefs, genetic
information, reprisal, or because all or
part of an individual’s income is derived
from any public assistance program.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

One thing I've never understood is why hasn't anyone claimed that separate bathrooms for men and women are discriminatory in the first place. Separate bathrooms for black people and other people were always considered discriminatory, why not separate bathrooms for men and women. Besides, the facilities are not the same, so keeping men out of women's bathrooms discriminates against women, and keeping women out of men's bathrooms discriminates against women.

What about separate bathrooms for children and adults? Maybe there's no law against discriminating between adults and children, but what if someone that everyone else mistakenly thinks is a child, identifies as an adult?

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Typo.

... keeping men out of women's bathrooms discriminates against men, and keeping women out of men's bathrooms discriminates against women.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

John D wrote:Can't we just say we don't discriminate???
Doesn't mention gingers.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Women with vaginas need to claim an identity of their own. "I always knew that I was different from other girls, because of my vagina. None of the girls with penises would play with me." Then they need to have a few volunteers commit suicide, because of the hatred against them. Then they need to claim that having bathrooms of their own is part of their identity.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Hemant promotes / (co-writes?) a book that's pure Atheism Plus v 2.0

I'm up for 'Queer Atheism'. No more gay gods. I'm looking at you, Alah.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote:
Doesn't mention gingers.
(sic)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Or gangers.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:BTW Kirb, Switzerland is the most ridiculous country I have ever visited. Beautiful, but so ridiculous.
I agree. Zermatt is especially ridiculous :bjarte:
I don't know. I'm lying here on couch staring at the Matterhorn framed against blue sky after having a super massive breakfast laid out by a lovely young thing in our huge chalet dual-corner apartment perched high on the slopes.

How bad can it get?
Pics or GTFO ;)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

jimhabegger wrote:Or even as I said it originally: Most drug prescriptions are substituting relief of symptoms in the place of treating whatever is causing them. Are you disagreeing with that? Are you doubting it? And even if I'm wrong, I don't see how saying that would discourage anyone from using drugs responsibly, to relieve their symptoms.

Actually, what I've been thinking of has been drugs prescribed for perpetual daily use, but what I'm saying might apply to drugs in general. What makes perpetual daily use more of an issue for me is that it has more tragic consequences.
Some of the "most' prescribed drugs happen to be for regulating blood pressure and statins for regulating cholestorol. I have caved in to the big drug companies propaganda and use them daily. As long as I take them I am cured of high blood pressure and blood tests show that my cholesterol is now at healthy levels. It has also alleviated my symptoms (having strokes).
It just so happens that a very close family member of mine that had the same problems as I do, no doubt because of a genetic connection, decided to stop taking their medications because they believed they should "cure" themselves with "natural" remedies and that drugs were bad. They died because of that and it wasn't pretty.
Also, because of my connections to the mental health community I heard of people that went off their medications on a fairly frequent basis with disastrous results, sometimes including death.
Making broad statements about drugs being bad and not being really effective does discourage a large number of people form using something that can help them greatly and sometimes save their lives. In my experience, I have seen more grief caused by not using pharmaceuticals to treat problems than the inappropriate use.

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:Or even as I said it originally: Most drug prescriptions are substituting relief of symptoms in the place of treating whatever is causing them. Are you disagreeing with that? Are you doubting it? And even if I'm wrong, I don't see how saying that would discourage anyone from using drugs responsibly, to relieve their symptoms.

Actually, what I've been thinking of has been drugs prescribed for perpetual daily use, but what I'm saying might apply to drugs in general. What makes perpetual daily use more of an issue for me is that it has more tragic consequences.
Some of the "most' prescribed drugs happen to be for regulating blood pressure and statins for regulating cholestorol. I have caved in to the big drug companies propaganda and use them daily. As long as I take them I am cured of high blood pressure and blood tests show that my cholesterol is now at healthy levels. It has also alleviated my symptoms (having strokes).
It just so happens that a very close family member of mine that had the same problems as I do, no doubt because of a genetic connection, decided to stop taking their medications because they believed they should "cure" themselves with "natural" remedies and that drugs were bad. They died because of that and it wasn't pretty.
Also, because of my connections to the mental health community I heard of people that went off their medications on a fairly frequent basis with disastrous results, sometimes including death.
Making broad statements about drugs being bad and not being really effective does discourage a large number of people form using something that can help them greatly and sometimes save their lives. In my experience, I have seen more grief caused by not using pharmaceuticals to treat problems than the inappropriate use.
For what it is worth..... I agree with free thoughtpolice on this one jim....

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Boobs!

free thoughtpolice

The guy on the left doesn't like boobs? He's a booty man?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/files/ ... y-16x9.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:Boobs!

Dude on the right can't count: the first Amendment and boobs is three things, not two.

John D

Post by John D »

Haha.... Oh fuck. This shit is getting really funny.

News on CNN... "When White Men Attack"!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote:The guy on the left doesn't like boobs? He's a booty man?
Nope... He's a Niggerfaggot!

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:The guy on the left doesn't like boobs? He's a booty man?
Nope... He's a Niggerfaggot!
But is he a CIA niggerfaggot?

Switch off the lights and we'll get to the bottom of this...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: Dude on the right can't count: the first Amendment and boobs is three things, not two.
I demand a recount

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Saying the word "boobs" causes violence against women:
I think we've reached peak stupidity.

free thoughtpolice

Anybody know if worldnewsdailyreport is legit? They sound reliable. :bjarte:
http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/former- ... in-canada/

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

jimhabegger wrote:Women with vaginas need to claim an identity of their own. "I always knew that I was different from other girls, because of my vagina. None of the girls with penises would play with me." Then they need to have a few volunteers commit suicide, because of the hatred against them. Then they need to claim that having bathrooms of their own is part of their identity.
I always knew I was different- my vagina was an innie and the other girl's vaginas were all outies.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Peez then and now. He's flexible.

https://imgur.com/yqIXRLD.png

Nah, he's 60 going on 8, endlessly sorting the world into cool kids, Nazis, fuckable seafood, and bonerrific Skepchicks.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Suet Cardigan wrote:

Saying the word "boobs" causes violence against women:
I think we've reached peak stupidity.
Holy shit you are optimistic. Things can always get stupider. The best we can hope for is a local maximum, not a global one.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

FFS why is she spelling the word boobs instead of saying it, when exactly did it become a 'problematic' word?

There will surely come a day when mentioning any part of a woman's anatomy will be verboten.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Spain is insane. We all know this. Well I did at any rate. Years ago they created, and made it part of their constitution, an insane gender based violence law.

I talked about this here in Ye Olde Pit of Slyme. In those days the SJW madness did not feature so prominently and as I recall nothing much was made of it then. Basically, one phone call by a woman and whoever she complained about was sent to jail for three days. Only evidence required was that she made a complaint.

But enough. Old news and all that. Besides, we all know that the only men affected would be men who are not part of the elite. Elite women would not dare. There would be consequences.

Now Spain has decided to double down. According to that hive of scum and vaudevillian type of buffonry KotakuInAction as found on Reddit

CENSORSHIP[Censorship] Spain is probably going to aprove an insane law that gives lgbt groups power to censor and revert burden of proof

For other entertaining news about Spain use the following search terms :

spain insane law

As entertaining as Sweden. Germany, not so much.

free thoughtpolice

FFS why is she spelling the word boobs instead of saying it, when exactly did it become a 'problematic' word?
They're called dirty pillows. :hand:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

shoutinghorse wrote:

There will surely come a day when mentioning any part of a woman's anatomy will be verboten.
I think she just wanted to confirm it was boobs, so the guy couldn't claim he was misunderstood.

GenerallyFading

Post by GenerallyFading »

shoutinghorse wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBkf4URSuZM

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

feathers wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:My second memory is the British sitcom 'It ain't half hot mum' where the lead Indian character was played by the white English actor Michael Bates which caused a bit of a kerfuffle at the time for the role not going to an 'Asian' actor. No one seemed to be bothered about the very effeminate and very gay/trans character Gloria though.
They're all a bunch of poofs anyway.
Lovely shoulders, though.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Anybody know if worldnewsdailyreport is legit? They sound reliable. :bjarte:
http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/former- ... in-canada/
Seems legit

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/couple- ... es-vagina/

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Some of the "most' prescribed drugs happen to be for regulating blood pressure and statins for regulating cholestorol. I have caved in to the big drug companies propaganda and use them daily. As long as I take them I am cured of high blood pressure and blood tests show that my cholesterol is now at healthy levels. It has also alleviated my symptoms (having strokes).
I think your warnings are well warranted.

I'm not promoting "natural" or "organic" pills or potions, or anything else from the health food industry, for anything. I see the same dishonesty and treachery in the marketing of the health food industry, that I see in the marketing of drugs.

There isn't any particular use of drugs that I think is always wrong. I think that drugs are doing a lot of good, and saving people's lives.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

John D wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Some of the "most' prescribed drugs happen to be for regulating blood pressure and statins for regulating cholestorol. I have caved in to the big drug companies propaganda and use them daily. As long as I take them I am cured of high blood pressure and blood tests show that my cholesterol is now at healthy levels. It has also alleviated my symptoms (having strokes).
For what it is worth..... I agree with free thoughtpolice on this one jim....
Thank you. I agree with him on this one too. On what he's saying, and on the need to say it.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

So Jim, since you agree that
Making broad statements about drugs being bad and not being really effective does discourage a large number of people form using something that can help them greatly and sometimes save their lives
Does that mean you're going to stop making such statements?

free thoughtpolice

jimhabegger wrote:
I think your warnings are well warranted.

I'm not promoting "natural" or "organic" pills or potions, or anything else from the health food industry, for anything. I see the same dishonesty and treachery in the marketing of the health food industry, that I see in the marketing of drugs.

There isn't any particular use of drugs that I think is always wrong. I think that drugs are doing a lot of good, and saving people's lives.
You can't keep your story straight? How does I think that drugs are doing a lot of good, and saving peoples lives mesh with this:
Thinking about that, I see that one glaring flaw among others in political correctness is substituting repression of some symptoms of social problems, in the place of actually trying to solve the problems.

Just like most drug prescriptions these days.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

They're called dirty pillows. :hand:
Funbags (see Idiocracy).

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

I think she just wanted to confirm it was boobs, so the guy couldn't claim he was misunderstood.
Actually, she contrasted it with B-O-O-Z-E.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

shoutinghorse wrote:FFS why is she spelling the word boobs instead of saying it, when exactly did it become a 'problematic' word?

Well, to be fair, she said that she was trying to be sure that he was saying "boobs," and not "booze." Maybe she would have agreed with him if he had said "booze."

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

free thoughtpolice wrote:How does I think that drugs are doing a lot of good, and saving peoples lives mesh with this:
Thinking about that, I see that one glaring flaw among others in political correctness is substituting repression of some symptoms of social problems, in the place of actually trying to solve the problems.

Just like most drug prescriptions these days.
Is that a rhetorical question, or do you really want to know?

I'm standing by "I think that drugs are doing a lot of good, and saving peoples lives," and the need for that to be affirmed in the face of what I've been saying. I don't have any interest in trying to defend what I said about most drug prescriptions substituting repression of some symptoms, in the place of actually trying to solve the problems, but if you want to try to understand it, I'll try to help you.

Incidentally, if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't add that remark "Just like most drug prescriptions these days." That thought came into my mind, and I chose not to censor it.

Honestly, it surprised me to see that being questioned.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

free thoughtpolice, if you do want to understand what I mean by saying that most drug prescriptions are substituting treatment of some symptoms, in the place of actually trying to solve the problems, please read the article again that you pointed out to me, all of it, thoughtfully.

What causes depression?

free thoughtpolice

Incidentally, if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't add that remark "Just like most drug prescriptions these days." That thought came into my mind, and I chose not to censor it.

Honestly, it surprised me to see that being questioned.
I give up. You are surprised that you get questioned for constantly contradicting yourself?
You aren't "treacherous", you are a scatterbrain apparently.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

LOL, Floyd Mayweather drops the truth bomb that nobody called Trump a racist until he ran for president. Funny thing that :lol:

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Besides agreeing with what you said, and the need to say it, I like the way you said it: as a report of your own experience and observations, and without any insults. I like very much the way you've been presenting your views about this.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

gurugeorge wrote:LOL, Floyd Mayweather drops the truth bomb that nobody called Trump a racist until he ran for president. Funny thing that :lol:

Yeah they did. People called him racist for questioning Obama's citizenship.

The Nation: Confronting Trump's Coded Racism. (NPR, 2011)

Donald Trump rejects allegations of racism. (CNN, 2011)

Donald Trump's Racist Hassling of Barack Obama. (U.S.News, 2012)

Bill Maher: Donald Trump is a racist but he doesn't know it.. (Business Insider, 2011)

Donald Trump didn't announce his candidacy until June 16 2015.

Some "truth bomb".
:roll:

free thoughtpolice

Rocketman versus Dotard :roll:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Old_ones wrote:Yeah they did. People called him racist for questioning Obama's citizenship.
I'm no fan of Trump, the man is a fucking bellend, but if you're going to hang him for racism, you better have some solid proof.

Demonstrable, unbiased and reliable proof.

You know, the stuff we demand from Myers & co... :roll:

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Old_ones wrote:
gurugeorge wrote:LOL, Floyd Mayweather drops the truth bomb that nobody called Trump a racist until he ran for president. Funny thing that :lol:

Yeah they did. People called him racist for questioning Obama's citizenship.

The Nation: Confronting Trump's Coded Racism. (NPR, 2011)

Donald Trump rejects allegations of racism. (CNN, 2011)

Donald Trump's Racist Hassling of Barack Obama. (U.S.News, 2012)

Bill Maher: Donald Trump is a racist but he doesn't know it.. (Business Insider, 2011)

Donald Trump didn't announce his candidacy until June 16 2015.

Some "truth bomb".
:roll:
_Ignoratio elenchi,_ he's a boxer, he's obviously not making a learned claim about a lack of specific accusations from various sources, but expressing his sense of a change in public opinion.

If you'd canvassed the public any time before 2015 and asked if Trump is a racist, few would have said yes; now half the country thinks he is, because of the relentless media campaign against him, because of Muh Hillary Whose Time It Was.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Bhurzum wrote:I'm no fan of Trump, the man is a fucking bellend, but if you're going to hang him for racism, you better have some solid proof.

Demonstrable, unbiased and reliable proof.
The point's not to prove or even argue that Trump is or isn't a racist. The point is that Mayweather's demonstrably wrong when he says nobody was making the accusation before he ran for President.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Shatterface wrote:
Doesn't mention gingers.
Remember, folks: every freckle on the face of a ginger represents a soul they've consumed.

Ginger. Not Even Once.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Shatterface wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Hemant promotes / (co-writes?) a book that's pure Atheism Plus v 2.0

I'm up for 'Queer Atheism'. No more gay gods. I'm looking at you, Alah.
PBUH PENIS

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

gurugeorge wrote:If you'd canvassed the public any time before 2015 and asked if Trump is a racist, few would have said yes; now half the country thinks he is, because of the relentless media campaign against him, because of Muh Hillary Whose Time It Was.
I understood that, but so what? Just another example of the ocean of folly that we're immersed in?