In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
mike150160

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by mike150160 »

Shatterface wrote:The Nepalese were probably up and down Everest all the time, they just didn't think it was a big deal. They probably still tell stories of the first Nepalese explorer to sea a tree.
Wasn't Tensing the first one to the peak in the Hillary expedition?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: But what a lot of the groups are really arguing for is white (or black, or jewish, or lesbian) separatism.
Well, the lesbians should be separated. Until three male astronauts arrive and disrupt their dictatorial, topless society in the lush jungles of Venus.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

mike150160 wrote: Wasn't Tensing the first one to the peak in the Hillary expedition?
That was Huma Abedin.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
mike150160 wrote: Wasn't Tensing the first one to the peak in the Hillary expedition?
That was Huma Abedin.
:lol: :lol: :clap:

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Rather sweet pub chat between Sargon and Dr. Randomercam:-

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sunder wrote:Jerry's sad that there was pushback to his "music was better when I was a kid" post, so he's now gone digging for "scientific proof" that music sucks today.

I think he may have finally struck on a topic even more irritating than determinism.
I gather you're a big fan of ducks?
The animal posts are easy to ignore. It's like water off of something which escapes me at the moment.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:This is kind of my point. If the tallest and the shortest people live in Aftrica, why not the smartest and the dumbest? If Olympic success simply reflects the fact that both the fastest and the slowest come from Africa, though nobody gives a shit about slow runners, why not the best and the worst chess players?
Because no lions have been known to accept a game of chess in lieu of giving you a good run for your life.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sunder wrote:Jerry's sad that there was pushback to his "music was better when I was a kid" post, so he's now gone digging for "scientific proof" that music sucks today.

I think he may have finally struck on a topic even more irritating than determinism.
I gather you're a big fan of ducks?
The 'scientific proof' thing is really veering towards 'scientism'.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steersman wrote:And, as Einstein said, "Genius is 1 percent inspiration, and 99 percent perspiration."
"Genius is 1 percent inspiration, and 99 percent self-infatuation."
-- Dr. Richard Carrier, Ph.D.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Achievement and read intelligence are not the same. Intelligence is predominantly genetic and environment cannot change that.
Aye, but I did specify academic achievement. Sure, you don't necessarily have to be intelligent in this regard, but it really does friggin help.
I wasn't talking to you, stupid.
Tough titty, Dobbin. I decided to answer anyway.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

feathers wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:White supremacist forum site Stormfront seized by domain hosts

Anyone else see this as a pathetically stupid idea?

Now I have not been there in years myself but with one or two exceptions the overwhelming majority struck me as having a sub 80 IQ. In other words no threat at all.
Now that is a big mistake. A mass of dressed apes with shotguns and voting rights can still topple a government, especially if led by a more sapient primate. When that happens, some of the former internet warriors will come out of the woodwork to do the dirty work, given blanket powers by the authorities.
Then we wind up with someone like Trump? /snark.

I would argue that some sort of institutional support is also required for success ( assign your own value to success). Pretty clear to me that the AntiFa/Black block currently appear to enjoy some sort of institutional support. See events at Berkley and Charlottesville re strategic Police inaction.

Nonetheless, I get your point.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

gurugeorge wrote:Yeah it's a lot to do with human beings not being hardwired to understand averages and populations (similar problem with most people understanding economics). I don't pretend I do, properly, but I'm at least aware of the problem. Troglodytes of the Left and Right seem to be oblivious one way or the other.

Again, though, the real challenge from the the better part of Alt Right point of view isn't about segregation - that's relatively straightforward, people will naturally segregate to some extent, and they should be allowed to do so, but it shouldn't be forced by the State, just as desegregation shouldn't be forced. Similar for "breeding" questions. Race is relevant, but nobody is so unequal and so much more wonderful than than the rest of us that they ought to have a right to decide how we should breed, as if we were dogs.

The real challenge is as I've said a few times, this:-

1) We have this nice, liberal, democratic capitalist memetic bundle that seems to incline towards prosperity and general happiness. This is what civic nationalists are upholding, and saying is strong enough on its own - the claim is basically that the memetic bundle is standalone and transferable between ethnicities.

2) That is true to some extent - obviously you can find some people from any given ethnicity who'll gravitate towards meme bundles generated by other ethnicities. Some Blacks, Browns, Yellows and Reds can quite happily subscribe to that nice, liberal, democratic capitalist meme complex, and in absolute terms it's going to be quite a large number of people.

3) However, that's irrelevant to the matter at the level of averages and populations. If the nice, liberal, democratic capitalist meme-plex is not something that any other ethnicty (as a whole, as a population) would have generated off their own bat, then the non-negligible number of people of other ethnicities who like those memes aren't going to be enough to tip the population in that direction as a whole.

4) So basically, if whites become minorities in their own countries, then those countries will gravitate towards the majority's memeplexes, which won't necessarily be liberal, democratic and capitalist. Not even if there are many people from those ethnicities who'd like to. So long as they're not the majority and don't have a "native soil" that holds them strongly, those ideas may fade.

5) So the nice, liberal, democratic memes will end up as a curio of history, and most of the world will be run along the lines most of it has always been run - all the variations of kinship groups, clannishness, nepotism, baksheesh, emperors with absolute authority, etc., etc.

Is this a valid analysis? I'm not sure, but it's not prima facie improbable, and I think it's colorable and ought to be thought about and discussed, because the stakes are pretty high - if you like that nice, liberal, democratic capitalist memeplex.
I think that the weak point of the analysis is the idea that people will stay static and that the nice, liberal, democratic capitalist memeplex has no effect on them. Compare and contrast Italy in the 1950s (tribal, clannish, very religious even in the prosperous north) with Italy in the 2010s (far less tribal,clannish and religious even though there's been a very strong internal migration). Similarly compare Switzerland in the 1950s (no vote for women, very tribal) with Switzerland today (more or less on the same level of Germany or France).

The nice, liberal, democratic capitalist memeplex has clearly at least SOME capacity to influence the masses through mass education, the media discouse, etc. The mistake of some progressives is to believe that this capacity is infinite, but the mistake of the alt-right is to think it's zero.

It's becoming apparent these days that mass immigration in a relatively short time and with the absence or the minimization of cultural assimilation creates all sorts of troubles, since people who aren't used to live under the nice, liberal, democratic capitalist memeplex find it hard to integrate into it, especially if they belong to areas which have no components of that nice, liberal, democratic capitalist memeplex in their "social DNA". This is especially true for low-skilled, low IQ people who simply don't fit it a very competitive society where skills and relatively high IQ are needed to succeed socially.

But the alternative isn't no immigration, it's a better regulated immigration (no "open borders" policies but instead a selection of immigrants according to skills and education and a path to nationalization through assimilation) and a policy of assimilation through education and the media.

The problems there are: a) the influence of foreign lobbies whose interests don't align with those of nice, liberal, democratic capitalist memeplexes and b) the inner anti-liberal anti-democratic anti-capitalistic forces, both on the "left" and on the "right". People can easily point out that foreign lobbies are bad if those are exposed, and the social aversion for anti-liberal/anti-democratic forces on the "right" is still strong, which is actually a good thing.

It's the anti-democratic, anti-liberal, anti-capitalistic left (the "SocJus") which is incredibly hard to criticize from a pro-liberal and pro-democratic perspective. The reason for the obstacles to criticism of the "SocJus" are that there's no real alternative to them on the social democratic front. Moderate "right-wing" conservative institutions (parties and the media) still come out of the woodwork to say how much they despise Nazism and white supremacy, and that's a good thing (even though there's some overlapping between internet-based populists and the anti-democratic, anti-liberal "right").

There's no analogue of this among moderate "left-wing" progressives. The few figures among leftists who are critical of the anti-liberal and anti-democratic left (from Mark Lilla to even Bernie Sanders to an extent) are demonized, attacked, called "white supremacists", "Nazis", "alt-right", etc. by the rabid anti-liberal, anti-democratic leftist forces.

The academic strongholds of the anti-democratic left are still churning out Po-Mo nonsense to justify their anti-liberal, anti-democratic ideas, and the power of "X studies" academics has extended over their fellow graduates who now work for the media. All dissent is demonized to a comical degree, all hope of a discussion is shouted down by a chorus of thought-terminating cliches, and leftist PoMo academia has become important in the media while it has severely distanced itself from both liberal-democratic principles and from reality itself.

Indeed the rise of the anti-democratic, anti-liberal right has been made possible by the march of the anti-democratic, anti-liberal left through the academic and media institutions. Now both groups radicalize each other, but the anti-democratic and anti-liberal right would have been much more manageable if the anti-liberal, anti-democratic left hadn't run for years (even decades) on a very aggressive, very confrontational cultural relativistic ("only people from group X can criticize actions of group X, if group X is an "oppressed group") platform which has been shielded from criticism through the liberal use of accusations of bigotry.

What's even worse is that anyone and their dog has exploited the idiocy of the cultural relativistic attitude of the anti-democratic left. The anti-democratic right has "appropriated" bits and pieces of the cultural relativism of the anti-democratic left, simply changing their polarity (from "non-white good, white bad" to "white good, non-white bad"). Reactionary movements, like the Muslim Brotherhood, have cleverly played on their "victim" status to deflect or minimize criticism. Corporations have adopted the PoMo Critical Theory lingo to show themselves as "good" while changing little to nothing of their actually shady practices.

The SocJus fans are extremely good as useful idiots, and have plenty of apologists among the more "mainstream" progressives. It's going to be tough to get the left to treat their own anti-democratic elements as bad news.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Jerry's right, tho.

John D

Post by John D »

Yup
21077297_10214333446475859_6661032544139907894_n.jpg
(78.14 KiB) Downloaded 258 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

CommanderTuvok wrote:

Jerry's right, tho.
No comment.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

The BBC's new 'pidgin' news :think:

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/world-40997001

John D

Post by John D »

shoutinghorse wrote:The BBC's new 'pidgin' news :think:

What? Haha. Is this a real thing? What?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

It's a hoot, ain't it. Well worth the licence fee IMO. It's like some sort of administration error where they let Tim Westwood loose on the BBC website. Check out their coverage of how Mayweather 'nacked' Conor McGregor: https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/sport-41065435

Some of it's just...
By round 9, McGregor don use all im energy like mobile phone battery wey only 5% remain, the bone wey dey im leg even switch off.
Well...
Dis na signal for Mayweather to commot imself from airplane mode enter normal and im begin to dey do like lion wey ready to chop
Quite.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Tigzy wrote:

It's a hoot, ain't it. Well worth the licence fee IMO. It's like some sort of administration error where they let Tim Westwood loose on the BBC website. Check out their coverage of how Mayweather 'nacked' Conor McGregor: https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/sport-41065435

Some of it's just...
By round 9, McGregor don use all im energy like mobile phone battery wey only 5% remain, the bone wey dey im leg even switch off.
Well...
Dis na signal for Mayweather to commot imself from airplane mode enter normal and im begin to dey do like lion wey ready to chop
Quite.
Please; no more.

The BBC of all places.

http://i.imgur.com/2ingixo.jpg?1

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Eskarina wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

Some of it's just...
Well...
Quite.
Please; no more.

The BBC of all places.

Yeah, I just shared this with my wife. I thought it was funny as hell, she is fairly certain it is a sign of the end times. I pointed out that it just means the Chinese will take over civilization, but for some reason she wasn't comforted. Women.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Houston, I think you have a problem :(

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tigzy wrote:
I wasn't talking to you, stupid.
Tough titty, Dobbin. I decided to answer anyway.
Shut up, you moran.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Armoured Skeptic confronts the hate movement directed against him by bigots like Arel, PZ and Mrs. Shives. If you'll recall, the bigots are bent out of shape because he and Shoe on Head were invited to Mythicist Milwaukee.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Shatterface wrote:snip

This is kind of my point. If the tallest and the shortest people live in Aftrica, why not the smartest and the dumbest? If Olympic success simply reflects the fact that both the fastest and the slowest come from Africa, though nobody gives a shit about slow runners, why not the best and the worst chess players?
I'm told it's because Africa doesn't have a strong chess tradition. As a grade and middle school chess coach, I have my anecdotally-based doubts. But checkers or draughts, there you have a different story. The best checkers/draughts players are currently African or of African extraction.

You might say checkers/draughts is an order of magnitude less complex than chess, and it is. But still more complicated than mere mortals can fully comprehend. Machines can beat the best humans, but curiously some checkers problems are currently solvable by people and not machines.

It brings to mind that there are different sorts of intelligences, different areas of problem-solving.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Tigzy wrote:

Some of it's just...
Well...
Quite.
It no look dey spen so much dineero in da syte.
BBC Pidgin na part of di £289m plan wey BBC arrange to expand to many languages like Afaan Oromo, Amharic, Gujarati, Igbo, Korean, Marathi, Punjabi, Telugu, Tigrinya and Yoruba.
Wan no hoo firstu pradenta on BBC pidgin maneewavecast? Dis er:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Eskarina wrote:
The BBC of all places.

Heh. You really don't know the BBC. This Pidgin thing is entirely unsurprising, given their ludicrously excessive devotion to diversity, inclusion - all that old shite.

The fact that they come across as a middle class white kid trying to act all ghetto is entirely lost on them. Hell, this is the org that foisted (some might say inflicted) Tim Westwood on the radio loving populace - son of an Anglican Bishop who the Beeb somehow managed to believe was the authentic urban black voice of Brixton and Catford.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oh man. This thread. Looks like the most batshit muslim outside your typical suicide bomber and beheader. Steersman, you're gonna either love this or pop a BSOD.

'Anti-colonialist islamist' - and that's just the start, folks.

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

Ape+lust wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
That was Huma Abedin.
:lol: :lol: :clap:

whoosh!!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

There's no such language as 'pidgin'. There are 'pidgins' and a pidgin isn't even a proper language. It's a compromise between two or more languages so that speakers of different languages can understand each other.

Nobody speaks 'pidgin' as a first language. Pidgins have a limited vocabulary and no proper grammar.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Shatterface wrote:There's no such language as 'pidgin'. There are 'pidgins' and a pidgin isn't even a proper language. It's a compromise between two or more languages so that speakers of different languages can understand each other.

Nobody speaks 'pidgin' as a first language. Pidgins have a limited vocabulary and no proper grammar.
How can we trick PZ or Zvan or someone to translate their essays into pidgin to be inclusive?
I be holdin da blaed ya. When da Kristian be helpin da bleedin me I be in ear changein da hartfait I be jabbinda blaed in allada. You no yes have da lives.
http://i.imgur.com/b0tIs2c.png

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

shoutinghorse wrote:Houston, I think you have a problem :(

Five miles from my house

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Tigzy wrote:Oh man. This thread. Looks like the most batshit muslim outside your typical suicide bomber and beheader. Steersman, you're gonna either love this or pop a BSOD.

'Anti-colonialist islamist' - and that's just the start, folks.
I'm not seeing links to the videos in the tweets.

Found this one at the Channel 4 site though:

https://www.channel4.com/news/inquiry-c ... ity-broken

And another vid by the same reporter on Youtube:

I'm sure that they do encounter offensive comments and hostility at times - however this report seems very one sided - and shows them sitting around riling each other up and not doing a hell of a lot of anything else.

Their criticism of the UK Government anti-terrorist Prevent program may be well taken - but there needs to be a devil's advocate to put the other side of the case.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:There's no such language as 'pidgin'. There are 'pidgins' and a pidgin isn't even a proper language. It's a compromise between two or more languages so that speakers of different languages can understand each other.

Plus they poop all over the balcony, the garden furniture, your car etc.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

feathers wrote:

Plus they poop all over the balcony, the garden furniture, your car etc.
That's why they are called stool pidgins.

feathers

Post by feathers »

I can't win this if Shat keeps pecking up all corns from before me beak.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Their criticism of the UK Government anti-terrorist Prevent program may be well taken - but there needs to be a devil's advocate to put the other side of the case.
If only they taught more islam in the schools they wouldn't want to become terrorists. :ugeek:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I always thought that Pidgin is more appreciated in spoken rather than in written form.

So - here's the pro & anti of it...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:

Five miles from my house
Nautical miles?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Five miles from my house
Nautical miles?
Tsk, Tsk! Don't be knotty!

Barbie's Boyfriend

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Five miles from my house
Nautical miles?

Dunno. My GPS doesn't have the Nautical Miles feature.

Speaking of GPS, I have an idea that will make somebody a billionaire. Currently GPS offers you routes that are either the fastest, or the shortest distance. After rattling my fillings last night for the 1000th time this year, I thought that somebody should invent a GPS that offers the "least bumpy road" option

BTW, that wasn't the intersection I thought it was. That one is more like twelve miles away. The Budweiser brewery is around the corner. Hopefully, the sewage infested flood H2O doesn't seep into the brewery, and ruin their exceptional product.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :obscene-drinkingcheers: :beer: :obscene-drinkingdrunk:

Barbie's Boyfriend

Nautica Myles. Great name for a porno film actress. having sex on the beach, on boats, etc

:cdc:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I'd given up on checking the Orbit for new posts and nearly missed this gem from the Zvanatee:
http://archive.is/HbbmC
I remember back when other atheists were talking about me being too ugly to rape, which meant people in this movement I work in were talking about raping me, with very little outrage from the rest of the movement.
I told a friend that if I ended up hurting someone who tried to assault me, I should probably make sure he ended up dead so he couldn’t show up in court looking all harmless and trying to charm a jury. I knew defending myself effectively would turn me into the criminal. He couldn’t really argue with me.
Yesterday I asked whether the people still telling me not to punch Nazis after Charlottesville were telling me to be martyred or to stand aside while someone else is.
She talks about punching the Nazis first so they don't get the drop on the good guys.
I understand she has firearms and as she probably isn't in great fighting shape her next violent fantasies may take the shape of shooting Nazis to preemptively stop them from raping and killing her and make sure they're dead so they can't testify against her.
Those Nazis are a scary bunch.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

How do you get from 'too ugly to rape' to 'talking about raping me'?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

And yet they've completely colonized many large cities.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Shatterface wrote:How do you get from 'too ugly to rape' to 'talking about raping me'?
By being constantly obsessed about rape.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Five miles from my house
Vertically or horizontally?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Lsuoma wrote:

Definitely a case there for decolonizing.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Shatterface wrote:How do you get from 'too ugly to rape' to 'talking about raping me'?
Half a bottle of scotch usually does the trick for me.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Lsuoma wrote:

They've been shitting on statues of generals since way before SJWs thought of it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:I'd given up on checking the Orbit for new posts and nearly missed this gem from the Zvanatee:
I remember back when other atheists were talking about me being too ugly to rape, which meant people in this movement I work in were talking about raping me, with very little outrage from the rest of the movement.
She actually doesn't look all that bad for a woman in her late fifties.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:I'd given up on checking the Orbit for new posts and nearly missed this gem from the Zvanatee:
She actually doesn't look all that bad for a woman in her late fifties.
You spend far too much time around horses.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Jeremy Corbyn said today 'I was given a 200-1 chance of winning. I am not a betting man but many in my family wish I was.'

The man who wants to be our next Prime Minister doesn't understand that bookies don't pay out odds of 200-1 on you winning, if you lose.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Kirbmarc wrote:
gurugeorge wrote:Yeah it's a lot to do with human beings not being hardwired to understand averages and populations (similar problem with most people understanding economics). I don't pretend I do, properly, but I'm at least aware of the problem. Troglodytes of the Left and Right seem to be oblivious one way or the other.

Again, though, the real challenge from the the better part of Alt Right point of view isn't about segregation - that's relatively straightforward, people will naturally segregate to some extent, and they should be allowed to do so, but it shouldn't be forced by the State, just as desegregation shouldn't be forced. Similar for "breeding" questions. Race is relevant, but nobody is so unequal and so much more wonderful than than the rest of us that they ought to have a right to decide how we should breed, as if we were dogs.

The real challenge is as I've said a few times, this:-

1) We have this nice, liberal, democratic capitalist memetic bundle that seems to incline towards prosperity and general happiness. This is what civic nationalists are upholding, and saying is strong enough on its own - the claim is basically that the memetic bundle is standalone and transferable between ethnicities.

2) That is true to some extent - obviously you can find some people from any given ethnicity who'll gravitate towards meme bundles generated by other ethnicities. Some Blacks, Browns, Yellows and Reds can quite happily subscribe to that nice, liberal, democratic capitalist meme complex, and in absolute terms it's going to be quite a large number of people.

3) However, that's irrelevant to the matter at the level of averages and populations. If the nice, liberal, democratic capitalist meme-plex is not something that any other ethnicty (as a whole, as a population) would have generated off their own bat, then the non-negligible number of people of other ethnicities who like those memes aren't going to be enough to tip the population in that direction as a whole.

4) So basically, if whites become minorities in their own countries, then those countries will gravitate towards the majority's memeplexes, which won't necessarily be liberal, democratic and capitalist. Not even if there are many people from those ethnicities who'd like to. So long as they're not the majority and don't have a "native soil" that holds them strongly, those ideas may fade.

5) So the nice, liberal, democratic memes will end up as a curio of history, and most of the world will be run along the lines most of it has always been run - all the variations of kinship groups, clannishness, nepotism, baksheesh, emperors with absolute authority, etc., etc.

Is this a valid analysis? I'm not sure, but it's not prima facie improbable, and I think it's colorable and ought to be thought about and discussed, because the stakes are pretty high - if you like that nice, liberal, democratic capitalist memeplex.
I think that the weak point of the analysis is the idea that people will stay static and that the nice, liberal, democratic capitalist memeplex has no effect on them. Compare and contrast Italy in the 1950s (tribal, clannish, very religious even in the prosperous north) with Italy in the 2010s (far less tribal,clannish and religious even though there's been a very strong internal migration). Similarly compare Switzerland in the 1950s (no vote for women, very tribal) with Switzerland today (more or less on the same level of Germany or France).
But the question is, would the magic work the same way on non-whites? The argument already admits that there will always be Thomas Sowell types, and mutatis mutandis for the rest. The worry is whether there's going to be enough to sustain and reproduce the culture (if whites become true minorities in their own countries).

The main hope I hold out is that some degree of insouciance about the demographics is perhaps warranted, in that, at the end of the day when human beings (whatever ethnicity) get prosperous, they tend to make less babies, because it's too expensive and there are too many other fun things to spend your hard earned money on. So the demographics will balance out, and whites will remain (barely) majorities, so it won't come to the ethno-nationalists' worst-case-scenario.

But it's a bit of a thin thread (and it depends on continuing economic prosperity, which again, is something that could turn on a dime - plus also is in a feedback relationship with the prevalence of the larger nice, liberal democratic memeplex).
The nice, liberal, democratic capitalist memeplex has clearly at least SOME capacity to influence the masses through mass education, the media discouse, etc. The mistake of some progressives is to believe that this capacity is infinite, but the mistake of the alt-right is to think it's zero.
Yeah, I think you're right, the truth's somewhere inbetween on the scale - but I do think there's more weight to the ethno-nationalist perspective than we mostly give credit. It's not a worry now exactly, but it would be a worry if the demographics really shifted. But hopefully they won't - IF the "more prosperity=less kids" argument holds. (Compare: terrorism isn't a worry now, still more people killed by fridges - but if we do nothing about it, that could change.)
It's becoming apparent these days that mass immigration in a relatively short time and with the absence or the minimization of cultural assimilation creates all sorts of troubles, since people who aren't used to live under the nice, liberal, democratic capitalist memeplex find it hard to integrate into it, especially if they belong to areas which have no components of that nice, liberal, democratic capitalist memeplex in their "social DNA".
Yeah, I think this much of the ethno-nationalist worry is probably valid - it really all depends on the demographics, which don't look good at all on present trends, but could even out if the Western nations get out of the SJW trance, get a grip on immigration and (again) if the point about "more prosperity=less babies" holds.

AND if economics doesn't go to hell in the interim (i.e. if the "more prosperity" can hold).

windy

Post by windy »

Knowing some pidgin might come in useful in the future, in case you ever need the police to stop by:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08 ... ice-chief/
Deputy Commissioner Craig Mackey said that callers might be denied a personal visit from police unless they are deemed to be sufficiently "vulnerable".

He said it is "absolutely feasible" that "face-to-face" visits by officers could be reserved for the "vulnerable" - giving examples as those for whom English is not a first language, the elderly and people with learning difficulties.

Mr Mackey said that crimes such as vehicle thefts are the types of offences that officers might not be sent to in person unless the victim was assessed to require one under a new triage system.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Kicking off in Berkeley again, where are the police?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I told a friend that if I ended up hurting someone who tried to assault me, I should probably make sure he ended up dead so he couldn’t show up in court looking all harmless and trying to charm a jury. I knew defending myself effectively would turn me into the criminal. He couldn’t really argue with me.
Yesterday I asked whether the people still telling me not to punch Nazis after Charlottesville were telling me to be martyred or to stand aside while someone else is.
She talks about punching the Nazis first so they don't get the drop on the good guys.
I understand she has firearms and as she probably isn't in great fighting shape her next violent fantasies may take the shape of shooting Nazis to preemptively stop them from raping and killing her and make sure they're dead so they can't testify against her.
Those Nazis are a scary bunch.
I get why Zvan likes Harley Quinn now. It's the fantasy of being violent without negative consequences, of hurting people while still being cute and lovable. Just like PeeZie fantasizes about shanking priests as proxies for the jocks who gave him wedgies.

For people like Zvan or PeeZie being "woke" isn't really about social progress and improving the lives of people who need help. It's all about getting revenge for not being appreciated as much as they should. It's about getting even with a world which they blame for their troubles, or about satisfying their violent instincts while being morally righteous.

They're not different from the Neo-Nazis and white supremacists they claim to despise so much: people who blame a conspiracy for their failures and want to use violence to express their rage and frustration.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

shoutinghorse wrote:Kicking off in Berkeley again, where are the police?
I saw a couple of regressive SJWs defend the need for Antifa, on the basis that the police didn't act in Cville. However, they seem quite happy for the police to "stand down" when Antifa are on the rampage. Double standards as ever.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Watson's prune fingers and SZvan's dance floor grinding.

What new hell is this?

Barbie's Boyfriend

Paper Bags ???