In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Sunder

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:Even Bernie Sanders (Bernie Sanders :lol: !) has been called a white supremacist by Quentin James, a staff member of a Hillary PAC, for criticizing SocJus identity politics.
Reminds me...In Paul Krugman's latest article he's comparing Trump's campaign behavior with Bernie's current call for Medicare expansion/Medicare for all. He does try to state that these are worlds apart in terms of content, consistency, and popularity, but his main argument seems to be "it's really easy to campaign on stuff and then find later you can't deliver on it." But his readers are quite critical, and have good reason to suspect this as a bit of indirect Hillary shilling.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I think we should start a panic that Cassini has nudged Saturn out of orbit and it is set to collide with Earth.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Shatterface wrote:I think we should start a panic that Cassini has nudged Saturn out of orbit and it is set to collide with Earth.

Someone somewhere is probably making a YouTube video on that right now. :lol:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Shatterface wrote:I think we should start a panic that Cassini has nudged Saturn out of orbit and it is set to collide with Earth.

It'll probably become a movie on Syfy starring John Barrowman and Tara Reid

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:I should have just bent over right from the start.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag ... IpHVbslN6g
Don't forget to hitch up your Dirndl when you do.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

katamari Damassi wrote:Jerry at WEIT comments on an anti-free speech post by Peezus.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... s-himself/
Fixed the link. Had to scroll down past a lot of animal and travelogue posts to find it and it's barely a day old.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

It'll probably become a movie on Syfy starring John Barrowman and Tara Reid
Maybe they could get some Big Name screenwriter/director to make a feature movie that includes lots of highly accurate science talk:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

The "foxy folklorist" doesn't like white supremacists quoting her, especially when they don't address her as Dr.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/foxyfolklo ... cists-why/
She and Dr. Carrier Phd should hook up.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Jerry interprets the revocation of fellowship status from Manning as a form of deplatforming, even though she's still invited to speak. He also interprets it as a form of "government interference in an academic decision," because the person who instigated it by resigning his own fellowship and canceling a scheduled appearance was acting CIA director.

Jerry's a bit of an idiot.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

U.K. threat level had been increased to Critical. No indication of who might be a threat, or what might motivate them.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Shatterface wrote:U.K. threat level had been increased to Critical. No indication of who might be a threat, or what might motivate them.
Must be the French, they're always making a nuisance or themselves.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Things I remember from Interstellar:
Cool robot.
Corn.
Kaleidoscope room.
Corn.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:The "foxy folklorist" doesn't like white supremacists quoting her, especially when they don't address her as Dr.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/foxyfolklo ... cists-why/
She and Dr. Carrier Phd should hook up.
High maintenance and homely is never a winning combination.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

shoutinghorse wrote:Taken from the 'Church of Mogg' facebook page.
Ladies, Gentlemen, Friends.

I owe you all an apology and an explanation. Followers of this page will be aware that a little over one month ago I was visited by two local police officers and 'reminded' that a selection of the content on this page could be considered Islamophobic and 'offensive to the Muslim Community.' These officers, though polite and professional, were harbingers of a very sinister message: continue to post Islamophobic content and possibly be prosecuted under Hate Crime legislation.

I had and still have no idea how the police obtained my personal information and the entire incident was as baffling as it was troubling. The page itself was suspended by Facebook for a fortnight- again, without explanation- and it was suggested by the officers that I deactivate and delete when the suspension was at an end.

Buoyed by the remarkable support of followers of this page, I declined their invitation and, for a short while, continued to post. One patron, a practising barrister, even took the time to analyse the supposed 'Islamophobic' content and write a statement for me to present during interview should the worst happen and I be arrested.

The page was growing quickly at this point and my skirmish with law enforcement had now been featured in a number of media outlets. Following a telephone conversation with my local community policing team in which I was repeatedly and loudly advised 'HATRED WILL NOT BE TOLERATED' but more importantly not told what laws I had broken, I took the police visit as a bluff and went about my business.

This is what happened next:

In mid-August, without warning, I received a telephone call from the same policing team requesting that I attend a 'Community Resolution Meeting' at a local station to 'clear up' a number of concerns they had regarding the page. I explained I would be happy to answer any questions in writing- as the barrister and secret Mogg fan had advised- but this, the police explained, was not sufficient. I needed to be spoken to 'formally' and a record of our conversation made should the matter progress. I could choose to remain silent if I wished but they were insistent that I at least attend the meeting.

I told them I didn't wish to speak with them- they said they needed to speak to me. I told them I had posted nothing illegal- they said that would be cleared up during the resolution meeting. I told them Islamophobia isn't a crime- they told me they were aware of this but still needed to meet. I told them they were morons- they did not agree with my assessment.

And then I asked what would happen if I didn't agree to attend. They explained, quite casually, that if I didn't wish to attend a local police station they would be happy to attend my workplace- which they named- and hold the meeting there.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is where I fear they seized the upper hand. I very much enjoy my job and the salary is more than sufficient to support my lifestyle and nocturnal habits. The idea that my lifestyle could be put at risk for the sake of a Facebook page seemed absurd and, to my eternal shame, I agreed to terms.

I agreed to deactivate and delete both this and my personal page as had been previously suggested during the first visit and did so with immediate effect. The page was closed and the matter closed with it. There would be no need for a meeting, no need to potentially alert my employer to my 'Islamophobic' tendencies.

A month passed. I didn't miss my personal Facebook account- it's mostly drivel- but the conversation and friendship of a number of followers of this page did certainly leave a gap.

Then last Thursday I was notified, along with my entire office, that I will shortly be made redundant. In that moment I realised two things: Firstly, the police no longer held any power over me. I am beyond confident that nothing I have posted is criminal and closed the page only because of my jobn. That's gone now, and with it their leverage. Secondly, I realised this isn't just a Facebook page- this is a place for me and people like me to speak and be heard. If, in fifty years, my grandchildren ask me what happened to freedom of speech, I want to at least tell them I tried, no matter how small my contribution.

To give you an idea of what we're up against, a photograph of my local police force is attached. I believe the clinical term is Stockholm Syndrome.

It is a great pleasure to be back and again, I thank all of you for your patronage and support- with a special thanks to Middle Class Memes For Rees-Moggian Teens. Cheers chaps.
http://i.imgur.com/2kPe5dR.jpg
Has the Barcelona Treaty been brought up on the Pit? It is an astoundingly naive agreement for the EU to have entered into, so I'm astonished that it hasn't been all over the news for years. Although when I say naive, I am assuming good faith on the part of EU politicians.

It is disturbing to think that the suppression of 'Islamophobia' in Europe could actually be policy following from an agreement with states like Saudi Arabia.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:It is disturbing to think that the suppression of 'Islamophobia' in Europe could actually be policy following from an agreement with states like Saudi Arabia.
Actually this wouldn't surprise me too much.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

John D wrote:Manning is a traitor and Obama should not have pardoned her IMHO.
He called Assange's bluff that he'd turn himself in if Manning was pardoned.

As morally upsetting as it might be Manning is no longer a threat to anyone. Nobody's gonna trust her with any delicate secrets anymore, not even the people who think she did the right thing.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

MarcusAu wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Personally I don't think that atheism and rationalism are for everybody. A lot of people (but not everyone) have a psychological need for some kind of "spirit" or "god" or "mystical sense" or " judgment of the ancestors" or "future utopia" or "meaning of life" to motivate themselves to get out of the bed in the morning, even if they know it's bullshit, because the alternative is the very real possibility that you might never get what you want and that your efforts won't produce any meaningful result because there is no "destiny",no "path", no "revelation" or "end of times", but only a series of things, some of which you can deal with, some others you simply cannot.

In short reality isn't plotted, it's not scripted, but a lot of people are like actors who need some kind of script to play their part, while some can act without any script and improvise. Not everyone is psychologically fit to handle the idea that reality might not have a plot (some people are, though, and actually find the idea of this "story" to be chafing and limiting).

So would you agree with the argument that atheists should keep quiet because there are religious people who need their faith to get through life - and if an atheist speaks up (or even is visible enough) that it could have an adverse effect?

The science / religion / other magesteria are going to bump into each other at some point. So if people need some form of ritual it's probably best to take the supernatural aspects out of it (or at least acknowledge them as a form of play acting).
You're missing out on the option that there's no bumping-into because there's always going to be an unknown factor, an explanatory gap into which some "ultimate" explanation can be projected.

This isn't quite a "god of the gaps" idea as that's usually thought of by modern atheists - many sophisticated systems of religion always acknowledged that a good deal is likely to be explainable rationally (e.g. one important early school of Buddhism had a world-machinery-explaining system very much like atomism; Scholasticism was based on Aristotelianism and was science-positive, quite happy to conceive of God's creation as an intelligible system of moving parts).

And from the other direction, if you look at someone like Feynman, he was actually agnostic in the old-fashioned sense (as in, "There's not enough information to decide one way or the other on the ultimate questions, so I suspend judgment, but you are free to take your punt if you wish").

(Longer thoughts on this, FWIW:- )

Distinguishing between "rational" meaning investigable using logic and evidence and "intelligible" meaning understandable, explainable, in principle to completion:-

Either there's no end to scientific investigation and it's quantum-schmuantum turtles all the way down, in which case the universe is fundamentally inexplicable and irrational (because an infinite regress); or, if there is a terminus somewhere, then,

1) the ultimate terminus of explanations from within the total bundle of cause/effect to its own cause is unintelligible, i.e. one just stops at "shit happens," no complete explanation is possible, and it's all just a stupendous accident; or

2) it's intelligible, in which case there's some kind of self-subsistent, self-explanatory God or Absolute-type-thingy containing (or primally-moving, or underlying, or permeating, or something like that) the bundle.

Either stance is rational - in a non-infinitely-regressing (and therefore rational) universe, then either the ultimate cause is happenstance, in which case the universe is rational but unintelligible; or the cause is a self-existent, self-explanatory Prime Mover of some sort, in which case the universe is both rational and intelligible. The precise nature of that Prime Mover - well, you pays your money and you takes your choice. (And it's quite possible either that one of the world's religions is correct and the others wrong, in which case one should take a Pascal's wager on the religion that has the worst penalty for the unbeliever; or that they're all partly right and partly wrong, like the parable of the blind men and the elephant, in which case one could relax and take a more ecumenical stance.)

(The bundle of cause and effect in and of itself can't be self-subsistent or self-explanatory, at least not without making it a pantheistic or panentheistic divine entity in and of itself - this is the thing that trips up a smart kid when they're young, i.e. the thought "why can't it just be the world that's self-explanatory?" isn't thought-through enough, and hasn't gotten rid of God in the way the kid might think. Effectively a self-explanatory world is a Spinozistic position, in which the world is God-or-Nature; but strictly speaking, the mechanistic explanation can't mix intelligibility into the world in that way, since the very premise on which it's based has already hypothetically de-Godded the clickety-clack causal processes within the total bundle.)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Marxist Martin is furious that anti-SJWs have been invited to speak at MythInformation:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/barrierbre ... community/

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Funny that Aron and Lilandra claim his reason for dropping out is that "the dialogue will be one-sided." That's a pretty nice self-fulfilling prophecy when you drop out of the dialogue. But who honestly believes they wouldn't welcome a one-sided conversation so long as the sides were swapped?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sunder wrote:Funny that Aron and Lilandra claim his reason for dropping out is that "the dialogue will be one-sided." That's a pretty nice self-fulfilling prophecy when you drop out of the dialogue. But who honestly believes they wouldn't welcome a one-sided conversation so long as the sides were swapped?
a.k.a., Skepticon.

FYI, Lilandra explains why Aron won't attend. Being written by Lilandra, the explanation is unfathomable:

https://www.facebook.com/lilandrathenon ... 9825467627

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Really? wrote:A year ago, SJW movie critic was having a good life, shitting on other men, all of whom are sexual predators who hate women. Then one day, a woman tweeted back at him with a vague accusation. He apologized. The SJW zombies descended upon him. He resigned from his critic site.

He was quietly rehired. Now he and the Alamo Drafthouse, famous for their all-woman screenings of Wonder Woman, are, as a wise man once said, in the shit.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/how-a-sexu ... film-world
I mentioned a bit ago about how this creep had tried to quietly return to his job, only for the mob to rise. Things is, there is a SJW and an alt-right mob with pitchforks out for him. The SJWs hate him because he's exposed as a creeper (the "Fish Finger Fiend" who used his fingers to spelunk the pussy of a 'friend' 10-15 years ago), and the alt-right hate him because he was one of those SJW call-out freaks, happy to label others, until his downfall.

Didn't realise Alamo were also the ones virtue signalling with the women only showings. That's fucking hilarious.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sunder wrote:Funny that Aron and Lilandra claim his reason for dropping out is that "the dialogue will be one-sided." That's a pretty nice self-fulfilling prophecy when you drop out of the dialogue. But who honestly believes they wouldn't welcome a one-sided conversation so long as the sides were swapped?
a.k.a., Skepticon.

FYI, Lilandra explains why Aron won't attend. Being written by Lilandra, the explanation is unfathomable:

Christ. His mom won't let him have ANY fun.

Some of the people licking her butthole:
Dan Arel Thank you for speaking up about this. I am appalled they invited these speakers.
Steve Shives Thank you for this, Lilandra. You and Aron continue to be among the people in this community who give me hope. My love and gratitude to you both!
Steve is asked a question:
Brandon Peterson Steve Shives on the off chance you see this, is there a way to get whitelisted on your Twitter feed? That's the main way I follow people, and I've been trying to catch more of your content on Eli Bosnick's recommendation. I understand the reasoning behind your approach to Twitter, so no worries if such a whitelist doesn't exist. I try to follow your stuff on Facebook too.
What? Steve Shives blocked someone in error on Twitter? How could that possibly be the case?
Steve Shives Are you blocked? I can unblock and follow you, so you won't get autoblocked in the future.
How did that happen!??!?

Can someone who is smarter than I am help me figure out the math on this comment?
Aron Ra Mythicist Milwaukee sent me the money to buy my own ticket, which I did. So I'm out that. But I still refunded their money and asked them to cancel any other accommodations they may have made for me.
How is he "out" the money that MM sent him? X - X=0, right? And what additional money could he have refunded? Is he referring to the aforementioned money? And if they got him a room, they may have paid a nonrefundable deposit.
Stephanie Zvan
Stephanie Zvan Thank you both. Much respect.
Goddamn. Someone has the audacity to ask after why Sargon is so bad and Arel and Lilandra bullshit the shit out of him. Apparently, Sargon sent "600 rape threats" to a single woman.

Oh. Arel was using bullshit language.
" I don't think Sargon, ShoeonHead, ect. are all bullies"

sending a woman 600 rape threats is what then?
Looks like the MP is having fun with language, too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lying.html

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
a.k.a., Skepticon.

It's hard breaking free from the gravity well of massive talent. Just ask Yoko Ono.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

katamari Damassi wrote:Jerry at WEIT comments on an anti-free speech post by Peezus.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/
That's a great post, and the comments are magically delicious.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Harry Dean Stanton has died.

free thoughtpolice

Because incitement to violence is not protected free speech. Something to think about for mostly white people that carry water for hate groups that advocate violence.
Protected speech is to call everyone to the right of Karl Marx a nazi then tell people to punch nazis.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Sunder wrote:Harry Dean Stanton has died.
Shit.

That's about half the cast of Twin Peaks: The Return gone already.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Because incitement to violence is not protected free speech. Something to think about for mostly white people that carry water for hate groups that advocate violence.
Protected speech is to call everyone to the right of Karl Marx a nazi then tell people to punch nazis.
This pisses me off because they're so close to understanding the point but can't grasp it.

Yes, incitement to violence is not protected speech. That's correct. Hence if you see some of those awful racists doing so, report it to the police because it is illegal. You dumb fucks.

Also, you probably should also refrain from inciting violence yourselves. You. Dumb. Fucks.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

It's hard breaking free from the gravity well of massive talent. Just ask Yoko Ono.
Word of advice to Aron -- don't let Lilandra book your appearances.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Under appreciated talent.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Marxist Martin is furious that anti-SJWs have been invited to speak at MythInformation:

On Saturday, September 30th, 2017, several atheist celebrities will be at the fourth annual Mythicist Milwaukee Mythinformation Conference. The more well-known names include Matt Dillahunty, Richard Carrier, Aron Ra (edit: Aron Ra has recently decided not to attend. His wife cited the reasons here), and Seth Andrews
Read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/barrierbre ... DvFi1tw.99
How pathetic. I could almost feel bad for him if he wasn't so nakedly trying to ban anti-SJW voices from the a/s scene. He's desparately trying to prop up the dying conference circuit as something somehow more respectable than social media. Let's face it, the horsemen *were* movment atheism, and if there are any real successors it's the anti-SJW crowd. Just look at twitter to get some numbers.

Richard Dawkins: 2.41m followers
Sam Harris: 928k
Daniel Dennett: 231k

Shoe: 181k
Armoured Skeptic: 105k
Sargon: [nuked by twitter]

Matt Dillahunty:57.8k
Aron Ra: 20.5k
Seth Andrews 11.5k

Carrier at 3,335 is low enough they give you the whole number when you look at his profile. Hitchens has been dead for over half a decade and still has more than that. What a joke.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Some atheists claim that misogyny is common within the atheist community. So much so that many atheist women refuse to involve themselves in atheist groups. Is this true? What are your thoughts on this?
https://www.facebook.com/AtheistRepubli ... 1462319374

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Hitchens is 12k, for the curious. In other words, the account that just posts quotes from a dead guy has more followers than one of the people being propped up as atheist "celebrities". :lol:

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

What the hell even is the atheist community anymore? If you think it STILL has a misogyny problem after having been more or less abandoned by non-SJWs, then maybe the problem lies with those SJWs still picking at the scraps. Maybe it always did.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Fuck.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

An article by Andrew Sullivan that was linked in Jerry's post on Manning and Harvard. Choice bit:
I’m an alum of the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard. (Fun fact: I was in a class with Bill O’Reilly for one semester). And I fully appreciate its outreach, especially in its Institute of Politics, to both sides of the political divide. We need more of that kind of thing in universities, even if it does give a sinecure to Robby Mook, the campaign manager whose staggering incompetence gave us President Trump. But this week’s announcement that it will host Chelsea Manning and Sean Spicer as fellows struck me as out of bounds. The morning, mercifully, Harvard disinvited Manning, its dean admitting to a mistake.

He’s right. Manning is a convicted felon who leaked more than 700,000 classified documents as a way to undermine her own country at a time of war. Of the 22 charges against her, she was found guilty of 17. Six of them were violations of the Espionage Act. Her maximum sentence was 90 years. She hasn’t been found innocent; she hasn’t received a pardon; and she is currently showing no remorse. Her leaks led to the deaths of many Afghans who had risked everything to help us defeat a Taliban that would have executed her in a heartbeat. The documents she leaked enabled the Belarus government and Robert Mugabe to initiate internal purges. She has no record of scholarship (her alleged expertise on AI is laughable); no political experience; and her views remain a puerile parody of the left of the left. Her Twitter feed, when it isn’t jammed with lame emoji, contains such deep insights as “abolish the presidency.” “human rights trump ‘the law,’” “no more borders,” and “abolish ICE.” She had already responded to former acting CIA director Michael Morrell’s resignation from his Harvard position in protest with one word: “good.” She has also tweeted her hope that Spicer be removed from his fellowship as well. She has no class either.

She is also one of the worst representatives for trans people I can imagine — especially for those in the military as they come under renewed, irrational assault. One of the oldest slurs against gay servicemembers was that they were all potential traitors, subject to blackmail and attracted to intrigue. But as Jamie Kirchick noted, Manning’s legal defense actually cited her conflicts over gender identity as one of the reasons she betrayed her country! She made Trump’s arguments for him. We know, of course, why Harvard did this — hiring trans people is the highest form of virtue-signaling possible right now. But of all the trans people with distinguished careers and sharp minds, they chose a felon? And of all the trans servicemembers who have served their country honorably and proudly, they picked the one traitor?

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Sunder wrote:What the hell even is the atheist community anymore? If you think it STILL has a misogyny problem after having been more or less abandoned by non-SJWs, then maybe the problem lies with those SJWs still picking at the scraps. Maybe it always did.
The party is over and has been for a while now. It was a cultural battle. We won. There's still plenty of work left, but it involves the kind of tireless shit shoveling that Michael Nugent does. Boring ass letter writing and political lobbying for an increasingly secular government. A few narcissists having figured out that that's where we are now and are still clawing over the scraps of what's left of the glory days.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Hunt wrote:

One comment dubs him
PZ “The Toxic Atheist” Myers
:icon-lol:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fuzzy wrote:
Hunt wrote:

One comment dubs him
PZ “The Toxic Atheist” Myers
:icon-lol:
That post is now buried under reams of pix cats and polish cuisine, so

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... s-himself/

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Nerd put me onto this. So, Meyers has this "Political Madness" thread running for a while. It is operated by one of the Herd, and is consistently and by fucking far the most popular thread on Pharyngula. So much so that the little list of recent comments in his sidebar is often just filled with ones from this thread.

Well, the toad's ego has obviously been pricked by this, and so he has now stopped comments on that thread from appearing on the recents list.

Fucking LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Peez is the kid who invites everyone over to his backyard and they show up because he has a swingset they want to use but they still won't play with him.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Habits, reflexes, and other spontaneous and involuntary behavior, can be trained. That includes internal behavior, including thinking processes, and the regulation of body chemistry, including whatever chemistry is involved in producing the symptoms of mental/emotional illnesses.

One way that self-training can help a person facing recurring or continual psychological adversities is by modifying the internal behavior that manages whatever chemical processes are involved in the symptoms, in ways that reduce and counteract those symptoms. Another way is by making a person's problem-solving processes more fruitful and beneficial. CBT is one way of doing that kind of self-training. Hypnotherapy might be another. Role-playing might be another. There have been other ways, under a variety of names, sometimes packaged and promoted mysteriously, deceptively and treacherously. There might be some overlap in the techniques.

With or without professional help, people can also discover self-training techniques on their own, and learn them from other people.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Sunder wrote:Peez is the kid who invites everyone over to his backyard and they show up because he has a swingset they want to use but they still won't play with him.
https://imgur.com/rFHzqdg.png

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Talking of SJW's and misogyny our favourite skank has just released her latest "science" borefest where she appears to have gone Full Metal Antifa. She wants to ban sub redditers she deems post hate speech and punch some random 'Nazi' repeatedly in the face.
No mention of when and where she's prepared to go tooled up for the cause though.

https://youtu.be/qmPcmAktt7U

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Meanwhile, Peez and Greta still like to pretend they could be Leader of the Atheists if they felt like accepting the position. And of course infatuated Peez thinks boozehound Rebecca could do the same.

https://imgur.com/M0Wid0g.png

https://imgur.com/TivsvyA.png

free thoughtpolice

jimhabegger wrote:Habits, reflexes, and other spontaneous and involuntary behavior, can be trained. That includes internal behavior, including thinking processes, and the regulation of body chemistry, including whatever chemistry is involved in producing the symptoms of mental/emotional illnesses.

One way that self-training can help a person facing recurring or continual psychological adversities is by modifying the internal behavior that manages whatever chemical processes are involved in the symptoms, in ways that reduce and counteract those symptoms. Another way is by making a person's problem-solving processes more fruitful and beneficial. CBT is one way of doing that kind of self-training. Hypnotherapy might be another. Role-playing might be another. There have been other ways, under a variety of names, sometimes packaged and promoted mysteriously, deceptively and treacherously. There might be some overlap in the techniques.

With or without professional help, people can also discover self-training techniques on their own, and learn them from other people.
I almost agree with that, I would add some nuance to your first paragraph though:
Habits, reflexes, and other spontaneous and involuntary behavior sometimes, can be trained. That includes internal behavior, including thinking processes, and in some the regulation of body chemistry, including whatever chemistry is involved in producing the symptoms of mental/emotional illnesses.
Not sure what you mean by "internal behavior".
Also, I hope you are angry that the NLP folks falsely claimed they could cure AIDS (a syndrome, also a disease), nearsightedness, the common cold...

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I'd bet my left arm that if you put Greta and Becky in charge of anything, it would immediately become a race to see who could abdicate the most responsibility, followed by finger-pointing over whose fault it was that nothing got done on time or at all. They would absolutely not get along under such circumstances.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

jimhabegger wrote:Habits, reflexes, and other spontaneous and involuntary behavior, can be trained. That includes internal behavior, including thinking processes, and the regulation of body chemistry, including whatever chemistry is involved in producing the symptoms of mental/emotional illnesses.

free thoughtpolice wrote:I almost agree with that, I would add some nuance to your first paragraph though:
Habits, reflexes, and other spontaneous and involuntary behavior sometimes, can be trained. That includes internal behavior, including thinking processes, and in some the regulation of body chemistry, including whatever chemistry is involved in producing the symptoms of mental/emotional illnesses.
Agreed.
Not sure what you mean by "internal behavior".
I gave two examples: Thinking processes, and regulation of body chemistry. More generally, some examples would be the behavior of our circulatory, respiratory, endocrine, nervous, digestive, and immune systems.
Also, I hope you are angry that the NLP folks falsely claimed they could cure AIDS (a syndrome, also a disease), nearsightedness, the common cold...
NLP is one example of what I meant by techniques being promoted mysteriously. Some of the ways I've seen NLP packaged and promoted look dishonest to me, and there might be as much dishonesty and treachery in the ways that NLP is packaged and promoted, as there is anywhere else in society, but I don't see any reason to think that it has never cured any cases of AIDS, nearsightedness, or common cold.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

@free thoughtpolice, and yes it does anger me to see anything being packaged and promoted dishonestly and treacherously, whether it's NLP, or drug abuse, or anti-white and anti male prejudices, or massive murderous global campaigns of plundering and pillaging, or anything else.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Anybody got a link to an archive of Kirbmarc pwning Peez with his own anti-Islam quotes?

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Anybody got a link to an archive of Kirbmarc pwning Peez with his own anti-Islam quotes?
https://archive.is/AT2Ir

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=429&start=10800

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Anybody got a link to an archive of Kirbmarc pwning Peez with his own anti-Islam quotes?
Also, for the money shot: http://www.freezepage.com/1420845597DUPGYCZPOB

free thoughtpolice

Easy J wrote:
:lol: Back in the day they didn't sound like the punch the nazi brigade.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

John Nyzell is Kirbmarc? I missed all that action.

I know I'm two years late, but well done.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirb was kolnnauzer.

Also that thread is a DOOZY. When the likes of wmdkitty are acting as the voice of reason things are so far beyond fucked they've had the baby and put it through college already.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Make sure you visit the Jooish Cemetery in Prague. Also, a side trip to Karlštejn should be on the agenda: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl%C5%A1tejn
Thanks, just done the logistics reasearch on Karlštejn. Will go. But not on a Monday. :bjarte:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Make sure you visit the Jooish Cemetery in Prague. Also, a side trip to Karlštejn should be on the agenda: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl%C5%A1tejn
Thanks, just done the logistics reasearch on Karlštejn. Will go. But not on a Monday. :bjarte:
Not that far from Lidice:

https://goo.gl/maps/ssgcEZkxSJR2

(for extra daughter tears).

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

jet_lagg wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Marxist Martin is furious that anti-SJWs have been invited to speak at MythInformation:

On Saturday, September 30th, 2017, several atheist celebrities will be at the fourth annual Mythicist Milwaukee Mythinformation Conference. The more well-known names include Matt Dillahunty, Richard Carrier, Aron Ra (edit: Aron Ra has recently decided not to attend. His wife cited the reasons here), and Seth Andrews
Read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/barrierbre ... DvFi1tw.99
How pathetic. I could almost feel bad for him if he wasn't so nakedly trying to ban anti-SJW voices from the a/s scene. He's desparately trying to prop up the dying conference circuit as something somehow more respectable than social media. Let's face it, the horsemen *were* movment atheism, and if there are any real successors it's the anti-SJW crowd. Just look at twitter to get some numbers.

Richard Dawkins: 2.41m followers
Sam Harris: 928k
Daniel Dennett: 231k

Shoe: 181k
Armoured Skeptic: 105k
Sargon: [nuked by twitter]

Matt Dillahunty:57.8k
Aron Ra: 20.5k
Seth Andrews 11.5k

Carrier at 3,335 is low enough they give you the whole number when you look at his profile. Hitchens has been dead for over half a decade and still has more than that. What a joke.
YouTube sub figures tell a similar story:

AronRa
156,099 subscribers

Matt Dillahunty
73,526 subscribers

TheThinkingAtheist
236,228 subscribers

Sargon of Akkad
706,020 subscribers

Armoured Skeptic
409,564 subscribers

Shoe0nHead
819,854 subscribers

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Easy J wrote:
Is that Kirbmarc quoting PZ Myers to his acolytes and them effectively arguing against PZ? :D

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

gurugeorge wrote:
Easy J wrote:
Is that Kirbmarc quoting PZ Myers to his acolytes and them effectively arguing against PZ? :D
They called old PZ a dirty islamophobe. And when the truth bomb was dropped some (like Nick Gotts) claimed that they made PZ see the light while the Big Peeze himself deleted his own old comments and claimed that he had been redeemed, so old ideas didn't count (while he's more than willing to dig up old "dirt" on anyone when he wants to post clickbait outrage for the Horde). To top it all off, he passively-aggressively wrote he really wished that I wouldn't bash my head in with a ball-peen hammer (oddly specific :lol: ).