In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by MarcusAu »

Have you considered switching to an alternate one?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

MarcusAu wrote:Have you considered switching to an alternate one?
We all know how Sliders worked out.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Good old Shanley: I saw this because it was retweeted by Viz's Davey Jones :)

feathers

Post by feathers »

MarcusAu wrote:So can we start referring to 'Orientals' again yet?
You mean, slants?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

JayTeeAitch wrote:Good old Shanley: I saw this because it was retweeted by Viz's Davey Jones :)
I originally took Bride of Chucky to be the real deal in her utter imbecility. But I dunno...she has to be trolling here, surely? :think:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Tigzy wrote:
I originally took Bride of Chucky to be the real deal in her utter imbecility. But I dunno...she has to be trolling here, surely? :think:
Why? According to some tweets in that thread, not long ago she went on a rant about how using the word 'daddy' is appropriating BDSM culture. And it was a long rant too, apparently, that she promptly deleted.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Also, keep in mind that she used to be a white supremacist. the real deal.

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

Also, keep in mind that she used to be a white supremacist. the real deal.
True deal or troll?

Why not both?

Her feminist woke zine, Model View Culture, is was a shit ton of work for someone who is "just a troll", it published tons of bullshit, but from many actual real world people. And I think even had a print version.

modelviewculture com/authors

OTOH, she is an asshole troll who was in bed (literally) with weev, and so like Anita, learned how to poke the beast in order to get fame and clicks.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Also, keep in mind that she used to be a white supremacist. the real deal.
I think Shanley is crazy. And I don't mean that just as a figure of speech, or as a criticism of her behavior. I think she has severe psychiatric problems. I'm not a psychiatrist and I don't like armchair psychology, but she seems in dire need of help. Unlike people like Peezus or Sarkeesian who are only assholes or scammers Shanley is a genuine nut. She may have started as a troll, but now she's batshit insane. I wouldn't be surprised if she'll physically attack someone sooner or later.

That said, the "moonsplaining" saga is great. This is yet another development:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEJc71xXsAADGLg.jpg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

DrokkIt wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:AntiFa in Hamburg. Because they only way to protest the G20 is to burn cars. :roll:

The amount of people in my timeline who think this is a good thing is appalling.
Yes, it's very stupid. If anything this kind of things make the anti-globalist leftist message less and less popular with average, non-political people.

It's like the protesters are so confident in the righteousness of their message that they think that they can do whatever they want with no negative consequences whatsoever, as long as they "stay relevant" (i.e. get media attention).

Ultimately I think that for many of those people it's not even about the message anymore, it's about the act of venting their frustrations and feeling righteous while they do it.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

If you watch this video it's your own fault:
[youtube][/youtube]

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Aaaaah!

Crazy eyes! Crazy eyes!

Hide your family pets and don't leave any pots boiling on the stove!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Are people even stopping to read before they spout off?
Crazy Cat Lord wrote:On the other hand, all eight Muslim members of the German Bundestag voted in favor of marriage equality last week. 226 non-Muslims (presumably Christians) voted against equal marriage rights, including Christian-conservative Chancellor Merkel, who has repeatedly insisted that marriage is between a man and a woman.
me wrote:And French President Macron insists that marriage is between a boy and a teacher twice his age.
Crazy Cat Lord wrote:That's a great example of Catholic double standards. The tens of thousands of protesters who marched against marriage equality in Paris last year were mostly Catholics. I don't think there were a great many Muslims among them. Which brings me back to my point that Christianity remains the main barrier to achieving LGBT equality in the West, as well as the biggest threat to our existing rights.
https://disqus.com/home/discussion/frie ... 3403684879

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

So Lauren Southern's freewheeling solo days are still getting her in deep shit. She wore a "Identity Europa" t-shirt to the G20 Antifacist protests. The Anti-facists identified both her and anyone standing around here as facists. A few of the people got the shit beat out of them for being too close to her. Tim Pool & Lauren Southern avoided getting beat up.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

She is deeply feeling the effects of going flying solo, without management, without protection & not having an extra set of eyes to warn her of major mistakes.

Lauren is going to die one of these days and odds are it will be in Europe.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

@#$*&)%*@$( Link Fail.

Watch this video first. The 2nd one is only if you want to watch more on the topic.

[youtube][/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

[quote="free thoughtpolice"]If you watch this video it's your own fault:
[/youtube

Alexandr dindo nuffin :naughty:

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

Is it just me, or does shaven Jenny look like shaven Grace Jones?

Paraphrase of vid

3:00 or so

+ the other high profile killers here all very courteous but there is one asshole who was caught littering
+ the psychologists all seem to be at a loss of comforting words as they are not used to arguing with a philosopher or whatever I am, intellectually speaking, and I often find myself comforting them instead

3:35 letter has bullet list of all the things that had to go wrong for me to accidentally murder

+ shrooms (supposedly laced with pcp)
+ she shouldn't have tripped
+ stupid neighbor had locked the door
+ skype/att/t-mo/verizon/ dropped the call
+ I had to put muh rat-baby down
+ stupid gun, stupid hand, stupid brain
+ she pursued!
+ she didn't stop!
+ if only I had missed

Apparently there is a second page ...

+ prosecution is more interested in conviction than the truth

free thoughtpolice

deLurch wrote:So Lauren Southern's freewheeling solo days are still getting her in deep shit. She wore a "Identity Europa" t-shirt to the G20 Antifacist protests. The Anti-facists identified both her and anyone standing around here as facists. A few of the people got the shit beat out of them for being too close to her. Tim Pool & Lauren Southern avoided getting beat up.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

She is deeply feeling the effects of going flying solo, without management, without protection & not having an extra set of eyes to warn her of major mistakes.

Lauren is going to die one of these days and odds are it will be in Europe.
This is all lies. Aneris has explained clearly that Antifa are actually mild mannered music lovers.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:This is all lies. Aneris has explained clearly that Antifa are actually mild mannered music lovers.
Did Aneris ever really ever claim anything like that?

Also, I finding it low on the credibility scale that Lauren Southern claims she is not a white nationalist whilst she is wearing an Identity Europa Shirt. But then again, I don't know much about Identity Europa.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:If you watch this video it's your own fault:
[youtube][/youtube]
No drama, just information about Aleksandr's case & position. Worthwhile if you are interested in here more of his side of the story.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

free thoughtpolice wrote:This is all lies. Aneris has explained clearly that Antifa are actually mild mannered music lovers.
But some of us are so fucking confused as to who is what, including Aneris, that we don't know whether to shut and listen to her or tell him to stop mansplaining.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Hopefully Brexit will put an end to this Identity Europa horseshit and we can get back to killing each other. We were good at that.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

It's not enough to kill.

You have to do it for the right reasons.

free thoughtpolice

De Lurch wrote:
Did Aneris ever really ever claim anything like that?
Something like that but not exactly that. NAAALT
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=513&p=410238&hilit ... ck#p410238

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
But some of us are so fucking confused as to who is what, including Aneris, that we don't know whether to shut and listen to her or tell him to stop mansplaining.
:lol: Definitely a moving target - being "friends" with her/him on Facebook I get, as per Facebook's standard operating procedure, e-mail notifications of their posts. And up until a while ago they were "Aneris F. Nord also replied to her comment on her link." but have now "transformed" into "Aneris F. Nord also replied to his comment on his link".

I kind of get that their apprehension, apparently, that the sex one "identifies" as can unfairly bias a conversation with stereotypes of one sort or another, and I kind of get their tendency to sow discord. But it also seems overly coy, and unnecessarily difficult and confusing.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Not knowing crap about Identity Evropa, I opted to look it up and try and get the scoop from the horses mouth.

This was the top hit. It is an extremely uninformative website for a cause.
https://www.identityevropa.com/

Humorously enough this website appears to be based out of Oakedale CA.
IDENTITY EUROPA, INC.
PO BOX 1681
OAKDALE, CA 95361
This is how they explain who they are in a nutshell. Appears to be horse fluff. I would have difficultly discerning them from larpers.
WHO WE ARE
WE ARE A GENERATION OF AWAKENED EUROPEANS WHO HAVE DISCOVERED THAT WE ARE PART OF THE GREAT PEOPLES, HISTORY, AND CIVILIZATION THAT FLOWED FROM THE EUROPEAN CONTINENT. WE REJECT THE IDEA THAT OUR IDENTITIES ARE MERE ABSTRACTIONS TO BE DECONSTRUCTED. WE OPPOSE THOSE WHO WOULD DEFAME OUR HISTORY AND RICH CULTURAL HERITAGE. IN A TIME WHEN EVERY OTHER PEOPLE ARE ASSERTING THEIR IDENTITY, WITHOUT ACTION, WE WILL HAVE NO CHANCE TO RESIST OUR DISPOSSESSION.
Their video on the front page is equally uninformative. But there is a shot of Richard Spencer. I guess I will have to take that as an answer to my question if they are white nationalist or not.
[youtube][/youtube]

I think this is the kind of group that the one Europe cartoon is making fun of.

0/10 Would not white nationalist again.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

More info on how they got called out as Identitarian

[youtube][/youtube]

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

deLurch wrote:Not knowing crap about Identity Evropa, I opted to look it up and try and get the scoop from the horses mouth.

IDENTITY EUROPA, INC.
PO BOX 1681
OAKDALE, CA 95361
This is how they explain who they are in a nutshell. Appears to be horse fluff. I would have difficultly discerning them from larpers.
WHO WE ARE
WE ARE A GENERATION OF AWAKENED EUROPEANS WHO HAVE DISCOVERED THAT WE ARE PART OF THE GREAT PEOPLES, HISTORY, AND CIVILIZATION THAT FLOWED FROM THE EUROPEAN CONTINENT. WE REJECT THE IDEA THAT OUR IDENTITIES ARE MERE ABSTRACTIONS TO BE DECONSTRUCTED. WE OPPOSE THOSE WHO WOULD DEFAME OUR HISTORY AND RICH CULTURAL HERITAGE. IN A TIME WHEN EVERY OTHER PEOPLE ARE ASSERTING THEIR IDENTITY, WITHOUT ACTION, WE WILL HAVE NO CHANCE TO RESIST OUR DISPOSSESSION.
Their video on the front page is equally uninformative. But there is a shot of Richard Spencer. I guess I will have to take that as an answer to my question if they are white nationalist or not.
[youtube][/youtube]

Sorry, rant ahead-
It is unfortunate that it is white nationalist movement and not a sane pushback against PoMo crap, because I see far too many people, especially PoMo academics roundly condemning European cultures or pretending they don't exist or were stolen from other, non-white people. There should be a way of celebrating the diverse cultures of Europe without being seen as a racist. Much of the culture of Europe is derided as racist, including classical music, or people who should know better claim Mozart or Beethoven were actually black. There are people who seriously propose that the philosophy of ancient Greece was stolen from black Africans, or even that Vikings were black. All without any real pushback, and if you point out any flaws in their reasoning, suddenly you become a racist. As I've found out in person. Traditional Irish/Scottish Cape Breton (Celtics, for lack of a better word) music is now being considered racist in my part of the world. Anything white and European is bad or has been appropriated from other cultures and that is the line they are teaching kids in many classrooms and colleges.

Nobody should have to be ashamed of their race or the culture they came from, they really aren't responsible for either. All cultures have their problems and virtues, and pretending that white culture is a monolith responsible for every problem in the world is pure insanity. But you don't dare say anything, or you're a white supremacist. :bjarte:
Sorry for ranting.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

There are quite a few things I'd like to do to Lauren Southern, beating her up isn't one of them. :P

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

shoutinghorse wrote:There are quite a few things I'd like to do to Lauren Southern, beating her up isn't one of them. :P
Horsing around?

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

How much of the insane afrocentrism out there is just overcompensation for the lack of any noteworthy historical achievements? No inspiring architecture to look at. No lasting cultural contributions to point to. Even looking at my own humble Scandinavian background I can say at least we managed to go pillage and rape the more advanced civilizations (ain't got your fancy book learn'n but we can still kick your ass).

People shouldn't attach a major part of their sense of identity and self worth to their ancestors. There's no reason you can't consider yourself a descendant of enlightenment traditions just because you can't draw your genetic line back to someone who actually started said traditions. But supposing for whatever reason you just can't convince yourself of that, revisionist history is one way out.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jet_lagg wrote:How much of the insane afrocentrism out there is just overcompensation for the lack of any noteworthy historical achievements? No inspiring architecture to look at. No lasting cultural contributions to point to. Even looking at my own humble Scandinavian background I can say at least we managed to go pillage and rape the more advanced civilizations (ain't got your fancy book learn'n but we can still kick your ass).

People shouldn't attach a major part of their sense of identity and self worth to their ancestors. There's no reason you can't consider yourself a descendant of enlightenment traditions just because you can't draw your genetic line back to someone who actually started said traditions. But supposing for whatever reason you just can't convince yourself of that, revisionist history is one way out.
People shouldn't attach their sense of identity and worth to anything other than themselves and their personal achievements, but in-group morality/out-group hostility needs some markers and a common mythology for the in-group. Also past and present racism tends to be responded to with overcompensation.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

shoutinghorse wrote:AntiFa in Hamburg. Because they only way to protest the G20 is to burn cars. :roll:
A Kiwifarmer described it as a "Night of the Short Cocks" which seems apt.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

shoutinghorse wrote:There are quite a few things I'd like to do to Lauren Southern, beating her up isn't one of them. :P
What if she had been a very naughty girl?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 60-h202-nc

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:How much of the insane afrocentrism out there is just overcompensation for the lack of any noteworthy historical achievements? No inspiring architecture to look at. No lasting cultural contributions to point to. Even looking at my own humble Scandinavian background I can say at least we managed to go pillage and rape the more advanced civilizations (ain't got your fancy book learn'n but we can still kick your ass).

People shouldn't attach their sense of identity and worth to anything other than themselves and their personal achievements ...
That's not how humans work.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

People shouldn't attach their sense of identity and worth to anything other than themselves and their personal achievements ...
I know. I was channeling Ayn Rand :bjarte:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote:People shouldn't attach their sense of identity and worth to anything other than themselves and their personal achievements, but in-group morality/out-group hostility needs some markers and a common mythology for the in-group. Also past and present racism tends to be responded to with overcompensation.
Kenan Malik has some interesting excerpts from articles by Adolph Reed and Paul Gilroy on this subject over on his blog.

https://kenanmalik.wordpress.com/2017/0 ... s-culture/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

deLurch wrote:Not knowing crap about Identity Evropa, I opted to look it up and try and get the scoop from the horses mouth.

IDENTITY EUROPA, INC.
PO BOX 1681
OAKDALE, CA 95361
WHO WE ARE
[yo.utube][/youtube]

They have their mascot. It really is larping.

http://i.imgur.com/LkmsJAv.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote: I know. I was channeling Ayn Rand :bjarte:
You should try to be objective and not the fountain(head) of wisdom.

:rimshot:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hamburg police said a helicopter was nearly struck by a flare set off by protesters. Another pilot received eye injuries after a laser was directed at them.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Brive1987 wrote:
I suspect ya'll would have a very interesting long conversation about how great her boyfriend is as long as you were being social.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Brive1987 wrote:They have their mascot. It really is larping.

http://i.imgur.com/LkmsJAv.jpg
That will end well.

https://imgoat.com/uploads/4173cb38f0/29157.gif

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

deLurch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
I suspect ya'll would have a very interesting long conversation about how great her boyfriend is as long as you were being social.
Now look what you've done with your bucket of cold water. You've ruined the fun.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 69-h314-nc

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

deLurch wrote:@#$*&)%*@$( Link Fail.

Watch this video first. The 2nd one is only if you want to watch more on the topic.

[youtube][/youtube]
Southern can't make "any sense" of antifa bashing up euro-fascists.

She sits there in her toilet, wide eyed, close to tears, aghast-mortified that the game got real. And upset she wore her Team Europe "stupid" tee shirt. A naive little girl way out of her depth.

That video was shit branding for a would be culture warrior. Real crusaders don't sob over martyred brethren. They dip the battle banner in their sacred blood.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Jenny looks like a member of some shite New Wave band from the early 80s, whose video got a single play on MTV at 2 in the morning.

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: People shouldn't attach their sense of identity and worth to anything other than themselves and their personal achievements ...
I don't think there's anything wrong with limited amounts of cultural pride, at least for the good parts of culture. The view from a giant's shoulder should make one a little misty-eyed.

When the desire is not to attempt to contribute in whatever small way you can, but to tear down, then something has gone wrong.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Jenny looks like a member of some shite New Wave band from the early 80s, whose video got a single play on MTV at 2 in the morning.
Pool gave her a beanie to disguise her.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

deLurch wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Jenny looks like a member of some shite New Wave band from the early 80s, whose video got a single play on MTV at 2 in the morning.
Pool gave her a beanie to disguise her.

Well maybe a smear on a small battle banner?
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... Af89PJrft0

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

It's about time. Burn that stupid BLM shirt, Dave.

Where does a gal go to get a TARDIS dress?

http://imgur.com/rkUsjym.jpg

http://imgur.com/d4pcD9I.jpg

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Ape+lust wrote:It's about time. Burn that stupid BLM shirt, Dave.

Where does a gal go to get a TARDIS dress?

http://imgur.com/rkUsjym.jpg

http://imgur.com/d4pcD9I.jpg
The only way Muscato would ever get into a dress is if it was bigger in the inside.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Nothing wrong there. All perfectly normal.

Move along.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Almost. Now all he has to do is slap on a wig to cover up that male pattern baldness.

#32 Rat

Post by #32 Rat »

There was a nice sane Canadian-german girl in 49th parallel Canada's great WW2 propaganda film.

Where is the Identity Canadia organization. Take the maple pill, Lauren.

Alt-Leaf not Alt-Reich.

And so on.

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

Muscato will do nothing to help rid the world of hover hand.

Guest_4b8fe3c9

Post by Guest_4b8fe3c9 »

Check out the expression on the face of the dude at the back in that picture with Muscato.

CaughtUpLockedOut

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Danielle fell asleep on the topless beach, and got an awesome tan:
1a9beca0d0c8e330432ad7df3944810d.jpg
(124.19 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ has banned wrong-thought Jessie Foster on the murderous-meme thread.

Red font and everything.

Must be a relief.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:PZ has banned wrong-thought Jessie Foster on the murderous-meme thread.

Red font and everything.

Must be a relief.
I wondered how long that would take. I've followed the thread and hopefully someone has archived it. The thing is, Jessie Foster is a really inoffensive person, he hasn't been nasty, he has politely debated and hasn't been abusive or gone over the top on receiving abuse.
You have to agree or go. The herd has spoken.