In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Guest_936d3dec

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

Oy vey!
Not sure what that was about, but Rebel Media and Faith Goldy have parted ways.

youtube com/watch?v=zz027kdYCls

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Guest_936d3dec wrote:
Oy vey!
Not sure what that was about, but Rebel Media and Faith Goldy have parted ways.

youtube com/watch?v=zz027kdYCls
I would like to part Goldy and have my ways with her.

And as for 'ov vey', maybe that's the problem, the first comment I see at the place is
Karolis Bareika1 hour ago
Unsubbed, you guys were getting too zionist anyway.
In one hour that comment had 76 likes.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

DrokkIt wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Most of whom listen to people paid and trained in the GCC countries, who studied in or received educational material from the GCC countries, and are sympathetic to a branch of islam that was invented and is supported by the GCC countries (not that "regular" islam is much better, but it's less strong, less coherent, more susceptible to change).
Quite.

People I respect are right now posting long screeds consisting of some of the most ill-informed opinions I've ever heard.
I'm not biting on it because life is too short, but fucking hell.

If you advocate violence against thought then you are the nazi.
Facebook is hell for people that understand nuance but fail to understand however many genders are currently popular.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
DrokkIt wrote: <snip>

If you advocate violence against thought then you are the nazi.
Facebook is hell for people that understand nuance but fail to understand however many genders are currently popular.
Fifty-six at last count, although if one considers gender equivalent to personality, as seems appropriate, then one could have 56 trillion, at least, to start with:

Confused by All the New Facebook Genders? Here's What They Mean

Incoherent twaddle.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Guest_936d3dec wrote:Not sure what that was about, but Rebel Media and Faith Goldy have parted ways.
Perhaps this will explain...

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-stati ... ality=auto

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman wrote:Fifty-six at last count, although if one considers gender equivalent to personality, as seems appropriate, then one could have 56 trillion, at least, to start with:
Indeed.

"Count Dankula" (the nazi pug guy) on YT has a video explaining the details. Seek and ye shall find.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

This is England .. We've gone full Dhimmi :(

http://i.imgur.com/8dxbE0c.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FsDomxK.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:
Steersman wrote:Fifty-six at last count, although if one considers gender equivalent to personality, as seems appropriate, then one could have 56 trillion, at least, to start with:
Indeed.

"Count Dankula" (the nazi pug guy) on YT has a video explaining the details. Seek and ye shall find.
"Offensive social commentary in an accent you won't understand and skits that get people thrown in prison. Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/countdankula "

Looks like my kind of YouTuber. :-) But from the bits that I've listened to, the accent isn't all that bad - thick enough to cut with a knife but sounded pretty succinct to me. In any case, the YouTube in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO5Hdidlh2g

Didn't listen to all of it, just the first portion where he talks of some 111 genders defined by that bastion of the Enlightenment, Tumbler. Crazier that shit-house rats, the lot of them - talk about "anti-scientific and anti-intellectual"; our tax dollars at work.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

It looks like Tommy Sotomayor got punched in the face at a black empowerment event in Harlem. Unfortunately, the only camera on hand was held by a spastic idiot, so there's no point in linking to it. Just use this YouTube search and pick one with a commentary you're interested in, since the video itself is pretty bad.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman wrote: But from the bits that I've listened to, the accent isn't all that bad - thick enough to cut with a knife but sounded pretty succinct to me.
I live 5 minutes away from the guy and even though he may sound like an orc gargling a typewriter, I can confirm that his accent is actually quite middle-class. You should hear some of the mutants in this neck of the woods, it'd blow your mind!

Anyhoo, you should watch the full thing, it's slow to start but picks up pace half way through and the final minute is pretty damned funny.

(The final total of genders is...wow, just wow!)

CaptainFluffyBunny

shoutinghorse wrote:This is England .. We've gone full Dhimmi :(

http://i.imgur.com/FsDomxK.jpg
So if you dump some alcohol on his checkout line, do they arrest you? I would protest with beer.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Ape+lust wrote:It looks like Tommy Sotomayor got punched in the face at a black empowerment event in Harlem. Unfortunately, the only camera on hand was held by a spastic idiot, so there's no point in linking to it. Just use this YouTube search and pick one with a commentary you're interested in, since the video itself is pretty bad.
Bunch of long winded cunts.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bhurzum wrote:
Guest_936d3dec wrote:Not sure what that was about, but Rebel Media and Faith Goldy have parted ways.
Perhaps this will explain...

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-stati ... ality=auto
So she went on a podcast that was somehow associated with Stormer. And got fired.

Meh.

Rebel clearly thinks it has more depth than Ophies pus hole.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

I'm not so hot on her politics.

http://i.imgur.com/R0W5vGn.jpg

But when it came to the incident at Charlottesville, she played it fairly straight.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

In a conciliatory note to the new left, I am demanding that all of the statues of me be taken down.

There I go:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/304/media ... statue.jpg

I urge all of you to do the same.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

deLurch wrote:I'm not so hot on her politics politits tits.

But when it came to the incident at Charlottesville, she played it fairly straight.
FTFY

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I wonder just how many baths Indy has been introduced to let alone Nazis.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Whoops, needs a little more work
MacGruberKnows wrote:
deLurch wrote:I'm not so hot on her politics politits tits.

FTFY
Now, FTFY

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

shoutinghorse wrote:I wonder just how many baths Indy has been introduced to let alone Nazis.
What about snakes?

Is that a plaid bullet proof vest he's wearing? Good move, Indy.

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

Here she is saying the alt-right's
charlottesville statement which was 20 points and basically their umbrella ideas on everything from race to the JQ.... It was was actually rather robust. ... with what I think are well thought out ideas
That's my total "robust" snipping, but the context is preserved. It's a 50 second clip, but at the very least it's an extremely awkward statement to have made.

She may be able to explain it as inadvertent foot in mouth disease, but I haven't seen her try to explain it at all. (I googled a bit)

If it was a mistake, she should have been able to recognize it and walk it back immediately.

more: nationalpost com/opinion/chris-selley-why-the-rebel-ditched-the-cause-after-a-woman-died-in-charlottesville/wcm/19b27c64-49b9-43a5-a0cc-cdb9489bf89c
In an online interview, Goldy called the ideas “robust” and “well thought out.” (She also referred to “the JQ” — alt-right shorthand for “the Jewish question,” as if her listeners would know perfectly well what she was on about.)

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I'll just leave this here ;)

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

shoutinghorse wrote:This is England .. We've gone full Dhimmi :(

Looks like a great opportunity to load up on bacon and pork chops though.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Whoops, needs a little more work

Now, FTFY
I admire your DIY attitude and persistence

http://failblog.cheezburger.com/thereifixedit/page/2

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

The this clown won't be crying into his prison pillow soon enough.
Eric Clanton wrote:My name is Eric. I’m currently facing years of prison time as the result of accusations made in the most shockingly hateful parts of the internet. On April 19th I began being targeted by a dedicated swarm of internet trolls known for spewing racism, xenophobia, and misogyny onto the web. Suddenly a hit piece by Milo Yiannopolis caused the targeting to go viral. Several old social media photos were posted, online accounts hacked, addresses published, hundreds of calls to my employers, and countless threats of physical violence made against me, my coworkers, friends and many others. This harassment campaign is where the accusations against me originated.

Dealing with an unintelligible internet force smearing and threatening me online was not easy, and created stress to say the least, but I had every expectation that very few people would take them seriously, especially considering the character and credibility of their sources. However, five weeks later the Berkeley police smashed into two houses, held guns to peoples’ heads, handcuffed, verbally abused, and stole the belongings of over a dozen people including books and zines.

All of this after my attorney Dan Siegel had reached out to Berkeley police on my behalf, and all on the basis of an ‘investigation’ that largely involved detectives reading far right forum posts and studying unverified youtube videos. When I was interviewed at the police station detective Hong had the nerve to say to me, “the internet did the work for us.” My case threatens to set a new standard in which right wing extremists can select targets for repression and have police enthusiastically and forcefully pursue them.

This is just one example of the police doing everything in their power to facilitate and to legitimize the violence and the rhetoric of the so-called alt-right. They are also criminalizing protesters who stood up to neo-Nazis last summer, hundreds of J20 and standing rock defendants. All of this from a system that has perfected criminalization through centuries of racist policing. All of this moves in a strategy to further chill dissent, and to clamp down on resistance to the dangerous and aggressive growth of the exact kind of white supremacist violence that we saw this last weekend.

RIP Comrade

Heather Heyer gave her life trying to stop the growth of this hate. She died defending decency, and may she rest peacefully knowing that struggle will continue and multiply. There’s little comfort in words at times like these especially for people directly affected, but love and solidarity to her family and to everyone who is still physically and psychologically recovering from this brutality. We’ve got your back.

To all my supporters

I want to thank everyone who came to court for me last Thursday or tried to. I know it was much quicker and less climactic than we thought. Supporting me in this bizarre time is not only an act of care, but one of bravery and strength. Seeing that on display makes me feel our collective power. Thank you all for showing up and for all the diverse, creative, and intimate ways that support has materialized outside of court. Thank you especially to the close friends who have cared for me fearlessly and unfailingly.

The fear and anxiety that this creates is by design, and it ripples out by design, BUT we get to decide its effectiveness. Look out for each other, be safe, be careful, and think hard about what all that means in the changing landscape. Keep caring for one another too and don’t be afraid. Keep building unity, creative struggle, and long-term strategies for expanding, and strengthening the communities that we live in and want to defend. We’re stronger than they are! Solidarity always!

Special thanks to the Bay Area Anti Repression Committee and the Labor Action Committee to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal for helping build support, the Community Readiness Corps for helping keep me safe, and the amazing lawyers who have been donating their time to help me fight this!

https://supportericclanton.com/2017/08/ ... blog-post/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Guest_936d3dec wrote:[t.weet]https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/stat ... 4971128836[/tweet]

Here she is saying the alt-right's
charlottesville statement which was 20 points and basically their umbrella ideas on everything from race to the JQ.... It was was actually rather robust. ... with what I think are well thought out ideas
That's my total "robust" snipping, but the context is preserved. It's a 50 second clip, but at the very least it's an extremely awkward statement to have made.

She may be able to explain it as inadvertent foot in mouth disease, but I haven't seen her try to explain it at all. (I googled a bit)

If it was a mistake, she should have been able to recognize it and walk it back immediately.

more: nationalpost com/opinion/chris-selley-why-the-rebel-ditched-the-cause-after-a-woman-died-in-charlottesville/wcm/19b27c64-49b9-43a5-a0cc-cdb9489bf89c
In an online interview, Goldy called the ideas “robust” and “well thought out.” (She also referred to “the JQ” — alt-right shorthand for “the Jewish question,” as if her listeners would know perfectly well what she was on about.)
Faith introduced to me the term "visible minority". Now I get "JQ". She just won't quit giving.

But pray tell what is the question? Without that there can be no "Solution"?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

For those seeking material with which to bed Faith ....

I give you the Alt Right 20 points ....

http://archive.is/aHfLv

feathers

Post by feathers »

KiwiInOz wrote:So now we don't have to shut up and listen when a woman (of colour) says something that we might not agree with. Thanks for the lesson PZ.
Yes, well, no, you see, you're not one of them.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Guest_7ef90522 wrote:I knew we would end up playing identity top trumps though. She signed off her first comment to me "A German", like that has anything to do with the price of sauerkraut. I think she genuinely believes that being born in Germany 5 decades after the end of ww2 gives her some kind of special insight that people born in other places with access to the same history books don't have. My saying that was Mansplaining!

CaughtUpLockedOut.
The term would be krautsplaining (krautsplizieren). Try it on her. I dare you.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Anjuli was really good, I wonder where she's going to end up. Fucking great to have a voice like hers out there.

Fucking hilarious PZ couldn't handle a strong black woman on his blogroll. AGAIN.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

[/quote]

feathers

Post by feathers »

Bhurzum wrote:I'd leopard crawl over 500m of rusty nails, broken glass and dogshit just to fap over her shadow!

Hells yeah!
You're the queerest of the queer.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

70 years ago, both India and Pakistan got independence. Indians have become CEOs of Google, Microsoft, Pepsico, Jaguar, and Land Rover etc .

Pakistanis have become heads of Taliban, Al-Qaeda, Jammat U Dawa and Hijbul Mujahideen.
Saw this on Facebook. Didn't realise until fairly recently that India and Pakistan were split more or lessly on religious lines - Muslims to Pakistan. Well as far as I read in some weird article late one night. I think.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

rayshul wrote:Anjuli was really good, I wonder where she's going to end up. Fucking great to have a voice like hers out there.

Fucking hilarious PZ couldn't handle a strong black woman on his blogroll. AGAIN.
The Pit would be a welcoming home for Anjuli. Unlike the racist FTB, da Pit is a safe space for people of colour.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Guest_936d3dec wrote: Here she is saying the alt-right's
That seems reasonably convincing. The only thing I'd add is that people who think talking about the JQ is terrible racism, but also openly talk about how terrible white people are have no leg to stand on.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
rayshul wrote:Anjuli was really good, I wonder where she's going to end up. Fucking great to have a voice like hers out there.

The Pit would be a welcoming home for Anjuli. Unlike the racist FTB, da Pit is a safe space for people of colour.
That's true. And we've been invariably receptive to her blogging. Anjuli come on by it's traditional after you're booted from FtB to come down here and chill.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Con.

That's a fun one.

In French, it means 'cunt'.

In Italian, it means 'with'.

In American, it means 'convention'. Or when used in 'con artist', 'confidence trickster'.

I'll go with the French meaning, because it shines a whole better light on 'Skepticon'.
A conning plan.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

rayshul wrote:
70 years ago, both India and Pakistan got independence. Indians have become CEOs of Google, Microsoft, Pepsico, Jaguar, and Land Rover etc .

Pakistanis have become heads of Taliban, Al-Qaeda, Jammat U Dawa and Hijbul Mujahideen.
Saw this on Facebook. Didn't realise until fairly recently that India and Pakistan were split more or lessly on religious lines - Muslims to Pakistan. Well as far as I read in some weird article late one night. I think.
All done in record time too,, basically after WW2 Britain couldn't afford to rule India (or anywhere else in the Empire for that matter) and a deal was struck in quick time to partition with largely muslim areas becoming Pakistan & East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) this pissed the Sikhs and Hindus off and re awoke sactarian divides, hundreds of thousands were killed, raped and forced to leave their homes never to return. Tensions in the region and indeed between India and Pakistan remain to this day.

The price of independence huh?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

feathers wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:I'd leopard crawl over 500m of rusty nails, broken glass and dogshit just to fap over her shadow!

Hells yeah!
Don't get me started on that video...

:D

feathers

Post by feathers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Some comments from PZ's Anjuli sacking post:
http://archive.is/03it6
Holms
17 August 2017 at 1:36 am
Yeah, it was only a matter of time. Now watch out for phase 2: slymepitters crowing about FTB’s imminent demise + accusations of ‘omg echo chamber
Take a close look at your blogroll, Holms. Then take a close look at your visitor numbers since 2014.

http://i65.tinypic.com/14t3pkl.png

FTB's demise is not "imminent".

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Here's something for anyone that found there was something lacking in the latest 'Dunkirk' movie

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

http://bit.ly/2uUqyHm

Says differences between men and women are cultural.

I'm like 5'4" and my brother is 6'0", what the fuck parents

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

rayshul wrote:http://bit.ly/2uUqyHm

New Scientist wants people to log in before they can read the article. :(

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:
feathers wrote:

Hells yeah!
Don't get me started on that video...

:D
Not sure if it's your army training - but you certainly seem to have a strange idea of foreplay.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Keating wrote:The only thing I'd add is that people who think talking about the JQ is terrible racism, but also openly talk about how terrible white people are have no leg to stand on.
That's one of the biggest problem with the SocJus. They keep harping on about how terrible White Cis Het Male are instead of trying to solve issues without playing the blame game. They use argument based on race to reply to arguments based on race.

I have zero sympathy for the "alt-right" race-obsessed crowd. But in order to criticize them you can't generalize about the Evil Cis Het White Males. You're playing at their game, and they beat you with experience. Instead you should try to take the focus away from race.

Take police brutality/militarization of the police/the dire consequences of the War on Drugs/poor police training. All real problems with real consequences which everyone, from libertarians like Radley Balko to social democrats like Bernie Sanders, can see. And while those consequences may affect more black people than they should it's not like poor, disenfranchised white people are magically immune from them. You could organize a movement which is against those things and for law enforcement reform. You can even point out that the problem affects different communities in different ways, and that some communities, due to a lot of factors, are affected in a way that's disproportionate to their percentage in society.

But if you make it ALL about race ("White cops are murdering black people in the streets! It's a genocide!") you're going to attract all kinds of loons, from supremacists to conspiracy theorists, and to create a front of loons on the other side, from supremacists to conspiracy theorists.

Encouraging tribalism is never a good idea, even if you think you're doing it for good reasons.

feathers

Post by feathers »

MarcusAu wrote:I believe that the Trans-Siberian railway was not particularly intersectional either.
I think all railways are partitioned into 'sections'.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Old_ones wrote:While we are talking about words, "imminent" usually refers to that something hasn't happened yet.
FTB_8_15_17.png
One does not fail to read the Pit ahead with impunity :nin:

feathers

Post by feathers »

Sunder wrote:FA's got some post up about Chik-fil-A. One of the comments is some guy saying he hates their restaurant so much when his coworkers order it for a group lunch he loads some on his plate and makes a show of throwing it away in front of them.

Apart from this very likely being an entry in the Things That Never Happened category, this is the level of smug idiocy that some people operate on where they think they're making a profound statement and just come off looking like a giant asshole.
I guess Chick-fil-A adores customers who pay, yet stay hungry.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:From Wikipedia.
With the collapse of the Soviet Union, China has been North Korea's primary trading partner. Bilateral trade has sharply risen since 2007. In 2007 trade between the two countries was $1.97 billion (₩1.7 trillion). By 2011 trade had increased to $5.6 billion (₩5.04 trillion). Trade with China represents 57% of North Koreas imports and 42% of exports.

Chinese statistics for 2013 indicate that North Korean exports to China were nearly $3 billion, with imports of about $3.6 billion.
So China is roughly half of the North Korean trade, and the balance of payments is still in favor of China. Also the total of North Korean exports is around $4-$5 billion per year.

To put this number in perspective the US spent at least $700 billion in the Iraq war. So even if we suppose that a war with North Korea is half as expensive as the war with Iraq, around $350 billion, it would take at least 70 years for Uncle Sam to get a profit out of North Korea at the current rate of North Korea production of export.

North Korea is truly the El Dorado :bjarte:
Or, the Netherlands with 17M population (North Korea has 25M) exports $103 billion to Germany, or even $10 billion to Sweden. Those 3 billion are token.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Dave Muskrat is a political cartoonist now:

https://www.facebook.com/AtheistRepubli ... =3&theater

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Ape+lust wrote:The this clown won't be crying into his prison pillow soon enough.
Eric Clanton wrote:My name is Eric. I’m currently facing years of prison time as the result of accusations made in the most shockingly hateful parts of the internet. On April 19th I began being targeted by a dedicated swarm of internet trolls known for spewing racism, xenophobia, and misogyny onto the web. Suddenly a hit piece by Milo Yiannopolis caused the targeting to go viral. Several old social media

....whahhhhh!!........
From the Support Committee page at that site:
But like everything else that Eric takes on, he handles with precision, intention, sweetness, and heartfelt ferocity
That's a rather abstract way of describing his bike-locking skills.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Dave Muskrat is a political cartoonist now:

https://www.facebook.com/AtheistRepubli ... =3&theater
To be fair that's still better than Bjarte's "art". Outrageous :bjarte:

Really?

Post by Really? »

Breaking news: stabbings of peace reported in Finland. No word on whether Trump will order the Confederate statues taken down so these things will stop.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Really? wrote:Breaking news: stabbings of peace reported in Finland. No word on whether Trump will order the Confederate statues taken down so these things will stop.

Lets not forget the Finns were on literally Hitlers side during WW2 and gave that nice Mr. Stalin a bit of a kicking in the snow.

Fucking Nazis :(

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

When your heart is full of love you're nine feet tall.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

But Danielle Muscato's breasts are as big as any Cis Woman ???

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Ape+lust wrote:The this clown won't be crying into his prison pillow soon enough.
Eric Clanton wrote:My name is Eric. I’m currently facing years of prison time as the result of accusations made in the most shockingly hateful parts of the internet. On April 19th I began being targeted by a dedicated swarm of internet trolls known for spewing racism, xenophobia, and misogyny onto the web.
You have got to be fucking kidding me. This is the most extreme example of the crybully phenomenon I've ever seen. The cunt was sneaking around cracking people's skulls open because he didn't like their candidate. He didn't even have the balls to go into open battle like most of them do. Now he wants to play the victim? I hope they never let him out.

CaptainFluffyBunny

http://punchng.com/15-infected-with-rab ... ng-donkey/
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/0 ... /23080828/
So it doesn't have the same ring as "goat fuckers" but "rabid donkey fuckers" does have a certain poetry to it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Dicky Carrier's butt-buddy, Gleb Tipursky, gets caught engaging in sock-puppetry:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/secularvoi ... tsipursky/

feathers

Post by feathers »

Eric Clanton wrote:My name is Eric. I’m currently facing years of prison time as the result of accusations made in the most shockingly hateful parts of the internet.
No, you were filmed trying to smash someone's skull with a bike lock. You and Fields, in the same cell, p-u-n-c-h-i-n-g.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:http://punchng.com/15-infected-with-rab ... ng-donkey/
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/0 ... /23080828/
So it doesn't have the same ring as "goat fuckers" but "rabid donkey fuckers" does have a certain poetry to it.
There must be someone willing to attest for the good character of the defendant.