There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Snapfingers

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

Post by Snapfingers »

MarcusAu wrote:
Snapfingers wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:19 am
Now I have to wipe my internet history. Brive, I worry about you sometimes.

On another tangent (and I think this has been brought up before): why are these rightwing women always so hot?
My theory is that the stress of having a role in public life tends to age liberal / leftest woman.

I'm sure there is currently some evo-psych study being done to work out why this should be.
Sorry :nin: Lindy solved the problem for us. That answer is (as if we didn't know) partiarchy
https://jezebel.com/5950013/hot-or-not- ... ral-ladies

feathers

Post by feathers »

Snapfingers wrote:
On another tangent (and I think this has been brought up before): why are these rightwing women always so hot?
Well, some of them.

http://www.thewhitebarn.org/media/filmf ... auties.jpg

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

shoutinghorse wrote: Indoctrinate early. .. German kids TV from 2006.

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/01/germa ... 4I.twitter
In their absence, i'll have to be Aneris' proxy here :D

From the little I've managed to garner, it's from a German soap opera. The woman's married to a Turk and goes too full on islam for the Turk and his family.

From the child's reaction, It certainly looked, to me, like it was supposed to be a bit sinister.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

piginthecity wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Trump/Brexit ...
No such thing, Vicky. Just typing two words and separating with a stroke doesn't make them related.

By and large people in my country don't care about politics in United States.

One is one thing and one is another. It's niaive of you to think you can shore up a flaky argument about one thing by appealing to an argument about something else entirely.

Clarity of thought involves focussing, discrimination, and simplification. Not lumping topics together in a vaguely defined package based on how they make you feel.
If you had quoted that in context, anyone could see I am not talking about those two things, I am talking about the tactics of the opposition to those things, which are identical - Autistic screeching.

Not only is the hysteria the same, but the excuses are the same. Bad news is the fault of the thing, but when it's good news, they claim the policies haven't come into effect yet.

John D

Post by John D »

MarcusAu wrote:
Snapfingers wrote:

My theory is that the stress of having a role in public life tends to age liberal / leftest woman.

I'm sure there is currently some evo-psych study being done to work out why this should be.
Sexy sexy women better use traditional gender roles to their advantage. So, sexy woman often get nudged into playing within the traditional spaces of male/female relations. They are also highly rewarded for maintaining their good looks so they work at it. You will never catch them making themselves ugly by doing things like dying their hair blue. (PS ladies - blue hair may be edgy, but blue is the color of death and old age.... it's not usually gonna look sexy)

John D

Post by John D »

John D wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Snapfingers wrote:

Sexy sexy women better use traditional gender roles to their advantage. So, sexy woman often get nudged into playing within the traditional spaces of male/female relations. They are also highly rewarded for maintaining their good looks so they work at it. You will never catch them making themselves ugly by doing things like dying their hair blue. (PS ladies - blue hair may be edgy, but blue is the color of death and old age.... it's not usually gonna look sexy)
Oh fuck... it looks like I just agreed with something is Jezebel.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: You lost the argument, now you are trying to expand the scope to make me defend Trump. I told you, I don't have to.

My point was that Pinker is a hysterical wanker like so many other hysterical wankers with Trump Derangement Syndrome. ...many of them ecomminists. I don't have to prove Trump has saved America, I would just have to prove that Trump hasn't destroyed America, but you are doing my work for me by pointing out that so far he has done nothing and nothing is getting done. So then, no need to be alarmed.

Was there anything else you wanted to bitch about?
There's no argument to lose, as you've made none, just bloviated.

I did not claim that trump has done nothing. He has done plenty of harm in many ways. He has indeed failed to do many things -- normal things that a normal president of any political persuasion would do just as a matter of course. But trump isn't a normal president; he isn't even a normal human being. He's a sociopath and completely psychotic.
I did make an argument which is that the opposition to trump is absolutely hysterical, a point which you have one again proved by using the words, "He's a sociopath and completely psychotic.".

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:26 am
She's such a martyr.

https://i.imgur.com/j3sxgQC.png

(with apologies to Ape)
Lol. This is about the extent of the Commander's Photoshop skills, as well.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

VickyCaramel wrote:
I did make an argument which is that the opposition to trump is absolutely hysterical, a point which you have one again proved by using the words, "He's a sociopath and completely psychotic.".
But if he actually is a sociopath, you would agree that the opposition to Trump isn't hysterical?

https://www.quora.com/Is-Donald-Trump-a ... r-disorder

John D

Post by John D »

VickyCaramel wrote:
piginthecity wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Trump/Brexit ...
No such thing, Vicky. Just typing two words and separating with a stroke doesn't make them related.

By and large people in my country don't care about politics in United States.

One is one thing and one is another. It's niaive of you to think you can shore up a flaky argument about one thing by appealing to an argument about something else entirely.

Clarity of thought involves focussing, discrimination, and simplification. Not lumping topics together in a vaguely defined package based on how they make you feel.
If you had quoted that in context, anyone could see I am not talking about those two things, I am talking about the tactics of the opposition to those things, which are identical - Autistic screeching.

Not only is the hysteria the same, but the excuses are the same. Bad news is the fault of the thing, but when it's good news, they claim the policies haven't come into effect yet.
I am in general agreement with Vicky and I also think Matt has a bit of Trump Derangement Syndrome (sorry Matt... I still love love you man!)

A few things are on my mind. I read in the WSJ that many individual investors stayed out of stocks because they were afraid of Trump. I would argue that this is an irrational fear, but I can see why people were afraid. Trump says the most outrageous things, but I think he mostly says things for effect. He is always trying to make a deal. So, when he says he is going to tear up trade agreements I think this is a negotiating tactic. But... many other people take him at his word.... that he is going to tear up trade agreements and thus destroy the economy. Well, if no one believed his words then his tactics would fail. He has to get at least some people to believe him. I am AMAZED after a full year that people have not figured this out. Haha. So, all those people who were scared and didn't figure out Trump stayed out of the market and lost the opportunity to enjoy the proceeds from the greatest market increase in decades. Of course, all those people that lost out on the market have even more reasons to hate Trump. They think Trump kept them out of a market that Obama had set up for growth. So...... none of these people can ever give Trump any credit for the market growth. They will NEVER give Trump ANY credit because this breaks their heart. They can't admit the misjudged Trump and this caused them to loose money.

Now, Obama didn't do anything fundamentally wrong, but he did have strong anti-business tendencies. I think these things kept business in a cautious position. Obama was a regulation monster... shitting out more business restriction than most presidents. People behave based on their emotions to a great degree so the plodding thoughtful style of Obama just kept things smooth and calm. There are always things that businesses worry about. Interest rates have been ridiculously low to encourage growth and debt creation, but this just had business worried that some day rates would go up and the economy would grind to a halt.

So.... here comes Trump. He says crazy shit for sure. Many people take him at his word, but business people are the group most likely to understand Trump. He is a bloviating deal maker..... just like them. He says crazy stuff, but his goal is to grow the economy. This is in stark contrast to Obama and Hillary. The Democrats clearly want to grow the regulation/nanny state and Trump clearly wants to destroy it (or at least curtail its growth).

That press conference that Trump held with the room full of paper from eliminated regulation. That is REAL SHIT. Sure, a bunch of it was Obama regulations that had not yet gone into effect, but Trump stopped it. It was going to be real, and it was going to be just one more piece of shit that business would have to deal with.

Of great significance was the behavior of the Fed. They did see things heating up a bit in the economy so they bumped up interest rates. The economy didn't even treat it like a speed bump. In fact, the economy absorbed the increase with such aplomb that it actually increased investor confidence. Trump's pro economy rhetoric helped the Fed have the courage to bump up rates and it worked perfectly.

The new tax law has been universally positive to business. If the tax code had not passed we would see a stock market at much lower values. Most businesses are now in a pro growth and pro American investment stance.

All of this is good news except for the ballooning debt. The debt will have to be paid one day. Hopefully, the Federal tax revenue will increase due to profit growth and we will avoid a debt crisis. We will see. In the near term, most investors and businesses think the debt is not in tragic territory. As long as this is the general feeling then investment levels will be high. So far so good.

Inflation is the thing to watch for. If inflation grows, and especially if it outpaces GDP growth, we will have a bubble bursting condition. Stock prices will decline as investors take a more cautious stance and business pulls back investment.

If we see a little bit of wage growth the economy will continue to grow at gang-busters. A big concern among economists is that average wages have stayed flat. This means that families have limited spending ability. If wage growth outpaces inflation then this will signal that it is time for an economic growth cycle. More spending will push up prices and profits. Business will make improving profit and this will further spur growth. But... WATCH OUT! This effect will ultimately push up inflation. As soon as inflation becomes a concern (at 4% or so)... then the bubble will burst.

It is hard to say how big the bubble will be. Have no doubt however... there will be a bubble. A smart investor will pull out of stocks and move to cash and other stable securities. The trick is to avoid riding the bubble to the ground. The other trick, of course, is to go back into stocks at the bottom. Too many people stay in the market so long they lose money, and then they pull out of stocks. They don't go back in the market till it has gained 20% or so. Fuck... that is all lost opportunity. When the market is low you must stay in.

So......... in conclusion......... Obama had set up a stable but slow moving economy.... but Trump is running it up the front side of a bubble. Now is the time to make money. Watch inflation...... and once it starts to grow..... you may be seeing the bubble start to pop!

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Snapfingers wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:03 am
VickyCaramel wrote:
But if he actually is a sociopath, you would agree that the opposition to Trump isn't hysterical?

Trump obviously loves his family and has a track record of being loyal to his friends. The fact that he seems able to do deals, negotiate, read the mood of the public and get inside people's heads suggest he is very good at empathy. This pretty much rules out sociopath and psychopath.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Snapfingers wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:

Furthermore, Brendan O'Neil recently made the argument that there is a trend to pathologize all political opposition... in fact it is in the very video posted by the OP which prompted this disagreement. Essentially O'Neil says that there is disbelief that Trump won, they throw a hissy fit and blame it on mental illness. That said, Pinker goes on to throw a similar hissy fit and continues to predict the sky will fall in and claim Trump is a madman (if I remember correctly).

Claiming Trump is a sociopath is peak pathologization.

O'Neil's turn starts at 21:10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vcn4cnpv6Y

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Snapfingers wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Just to raise the conversation.

At 18:15 Mark complains that Haitians are less capable of ordering their lives than his pet hamsters. He asks if he is the only genius to have noticed this.

18:50 Tara feels :nin:

She explains that she has been conducting her own research comparing the technical ability of sub-saharan peoples with animals. Her conclusion at
19:18 is that their technology is "literally" as sophisticated as the average beaver or river otter.

Im no civil engineer. But this sounds like quality stuff.

Isn't there an Alt Right chick who looks like Rebecca Watson with bushy eyebrows ??? Yuck !

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Trump lost the Left totally as soon as he came up with the slogan 'Make America Great Again'

or the Left totally lost it as soon as he came up with that slogan.

Those were the 4 words guaranteed to launch a storm of hatred of Trump.

John D

Post by John D »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Snapfingers wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:

Trump obviously loves his family and has a track record of being loyal to his friends. The fact that he seems able to do deals, negotiate, read the mood of the public and get inside people's heads suggest he is very good at empathy. This pretty much rules out sociopath and psychopath.
Trump values loyalty and duty. I think this explains why he can seem so volatile while still having a very successful relationship with his kids. He likes his kids and is proud of them. He does what he can to make them successful and does not belittle them. I think he has a very traditional view of family to a great extent. This strikes people as odd because he is also an obvious skirt chaser and he loves pretty women. Still, if you judge him against a typical person he is fairly average. He has had one divorce and some kids by both his wives. Pretty normal. The only thing that is odd in his family is the fact that his second wife is so much younger than him. Still.... this is very common for rich/powerful men. Nothing exceptional really.

I think he is a bit of a narcissist of course, but I don't think his behavior rises to that of a disorder. All the bad narcissists I know have destroyed their family and their relationships. I just don't see how he could maintain so many quality relationships with family and friends if his narcissism rose to the level of a disorder.

While he is far from perfect, I also get a sense that he really is a "patriot". He wants the best for his country. This makes sense if you consider how much he values duty and loyalty. I don't think he is faking it when he compliments the military. He really means it.

Also, he has little patience for people who are disloyal to him or to the country. He really feels that disloyal people are disgusting. This explains a great deal of his volatility. He blew up at the Dems when they brought him a shitty immigrant bill that increased chain immigration. He has been very clear that he wants to reduce chain immigration. So, they show up with a bill that is opposite of that and he knows they are doing it as a negotiating tactic so he shits all over them. From the outside it looks like he is going crazy... but in his mind he is punishing people for being disloyal to him or the country.

Should we move this to the Trump Dump thread?.... haha!

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

I mean, Trump COULD be a sociopath. I don't think he is, for what it's worth, but I can understand the argument. I actually think he genuinely likes individual people, to be honest. But something seems off.

What I think the deal is with Trump, is that he's simply uncouth. He makes the subtext into text. He raises the curtain on all the sausage making. He has no filter, nor would he ever want one. That's what the guy is. All the things that you know, other Presidents would think, he tweets. It's like the whole "Shithole" thing. Incredibly uncouth, but at the same time it really isn't different from long histories of American Exceptionalism and Manifest Destiny. Racism? Don't make me laugh. You think that Trump doesn't think that countries like say, France, or Sweden or Norway or whatever are shitholes as well? 100% he does. Like most other moderate/conservative American presidents.

No, it's the size of his mouth that's the only difference.

That said, I'm not a fan of Trump, mainly because he's too much of a culture warrior for my tastes. It's like the Wall. It's horrible policy on the face, (the bigger issue is visa overstays) unless you're just looking to create a symbol or send a message, and in that case, fuck you twice, because I HATE that sort of politics when the left does it, so I'll hate it when the right does it as well.

I'm not in the "Fuck Trump Supporters" camp..far from it. Because I recognize that my personal values are just that..personal..and other people could value things differently. If the "no filter" thing is important to you, then yeah. I can understand it. And if people value "sending a message"..well, I can understand that too (it's just I really don't like it)

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:
Isn't there an Alt Right chick who looks like Rebecca Watson with bushy eyebrows ??? Yuck !
https://i.imgur.com/CMiREzx.jpg

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

I have had the pleasure (mostly the displeasure) of being around entrepreneurs, millionaires and even a few billionaires. Trump isn't at all exceptional, and none of his behaviours are pathology, they are learned behaviours. Some of the things which people seem to think are character flaws are actually part of a methodology which it takes great discipline to maintain.
Also, he has little patience for people who are disloyal to him or to the country. He really feels that disloyal people are disgusting.
This is a perfect example. These people believe that in order to be successful, one of the first steps is to get rid of all your baggage, anybody who drags you down, anyone who is a drain on your time or your wallet has got to go. Secondly, because you need to have discipline and good habits, you need to get rid of anybody with poor discipline and bad habits. There is a belief in the old saying, "birds of a feather flock together", and so you should surround yourself with good people, and if you associate with bad people, they will bring other bad people into your life.

They might not believe you can become successful by willpower alone, but they believe that you can't be successful without it, you need determination and single mindedness, and you cannot allow negativity to contaminate your life. So they will shun naysayers, they will even refuse to watch TV, news, movies or read books which they feel is negative... I once heard one of them say that soap operas are like a trash shoot into your home filling it with shit and garbage. In effect they like to create an echo chamber where everything is positive and says they can succeed. They tolerate people like me, because of the saying, "don't bring me problems, bring me solutions", but believe me they get angry when you point out problems and bring them the negative vibes.

Another strange thing is that they tolerate failure as long as you have the right attitude. They believe that if you aren't failing often then you aren't trying hard enough. Somebody once told me that they ask the impossible all the time because although 19 out of 20 times they fail, the 1 in 20 times they get it makes it worthwhile.

The really good news is that these people generally understand value and worth. You can only get so far asset stripping or ripping people off. In order to be successful you actually have to produce something of worth. They know that chasing money has a poor success rate, but "if you chase success the money will follow". So it is unlikely that Trump is out for his personal enrichment and to rape the country, I would bet that he really is out to make America great again.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Watson said:

"I didn't want to become the face of progressive feminism in atheism."

Mission Accomplished!

Barbie's Boyfriend

VickyCaramel wrote:
Snapfingers wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:

Yes, he has so much empathy for the thousands he fucked over with his four bankruptcies

Barbie's Boyfriend

And he loved his current wife so much he cheated on her...with porno film actresses lol

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Snapfingers wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:

Yes, he has so much empathy for the thousands he fucked over with his four bankruptcies

Chapter 11 reorganization, Trump has never been bankrupt. Trump also lost big, in three of these cases it was related to casinos. Investment is a risk, casinos are a risky business.

Nobody got fucked over.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Snapfingers wrote:
https://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Girl ... 46da26.jpg

Barbie's Boyfriend

VickyCaramel wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Snapfingers wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:

Chapter 11 reorganization, Trump has never been bankrupt. Trump also lost big, in three of these cases it was related to casinos. Investment is a risk, casinos are a risky business.

Nobody got fucked over.
Except the thousands that never got paid for providing goods and or services.

Barbie's Boyfriend

There is an axiom in gambling. And it goes like this: In the long run, the House ALWAYS wins"

Unless your a Trump lololol

Barbie's Boyfriend

Ignorant redskinned savages (/S) that live on shithole ™ Indian reservations can make casinos work, but stable intelligent Aryan Trump can't ???

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Snapfingers wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Just to raise the conversation.

At 18:15 Mark complains that Haitians are less capable of ordering their lives than his pet hamsters. He asks if he is the only genius to have noticed this.

18:50 Tara feels :nin:

She explains that she has been conducting her own research comparing the technical ability of sub-saharan peoples with animals. Her conclusion at
19:18 is that their technology is "literally" as sophisticated as the average beaver or river otter.

Im no civil engineer. But this sounds like quality stuff.

ht.tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJcUj6kxvEU
Its no Douglas Murray, that's for sure.

Like any puzzle, the first thing to do is find the AltRight's corners. Its also interesting to see how the same problem of demographic change is addressed so .... differently.

And hot women ;)

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:58 am
Except the thousands that never got paid for providing goods and or services.
This happens, it happens a lot. I once paid a retainer to a debt collection agency, only to find out a few weeks later they had gone bankrupt.
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote: Ignorant redskinned savages (/S) that live on shithole ™ Indian reservations can make casinos work, but stable intelligent Aryan Trump can't ???
You seem to be labouring under the fantasy that Trump ran these businesses. Trump is an investor like many others who lost money. The difference is that he lends his branding to the business. Just because it has his Name on it doesn't mean he is in the office out back with an adding machine.
My understanding is that the Casinos have had a bad time for the last 20 years, part if it is the downturn in the economy and people having far less disposable income, part of it is increased competitions from "Ignorant red skinned savages that live on shithole ™ Indian reservations"

feathers

Post by feathers »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:59 am
The really good news is that these people generally understand value and worth. You can only get so far asset stripping or ripping people off. In order to be successful you actually have to produce something of worth.
You have an almost lyrical adoration for billionaires that I find hard to understand. These people may be kind to their wife, children and pets, but at the same time they can be ruthless and without any conscience when it comes to people just outside their clan. These are the people who start as slum lord and progress to extorting their employees, outsourcing work to slave-labour countries, dumping chemical waste in developing countries, selling weapons to all and sundry, shipping off dangerous medicine to countries with less strict regulations, you name it.

There is a very thin line indeed between the Toto Riinas and the Kochs of this world.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

feathers wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:59 am
The really good news is that these people generally understand value and worth. You can only get so far asset stripping or ripping people off. In order to be successful you actually have to produce something of worth.
You have an almost lyrical adoration for billionaires that I find hard to understand. These people may be kind to their wife, children and pets, but at the same time they can be ruthless and without any conscience when it comes to people just outside their clan. These are the people who start as slum lord and progress to extorting their employees, outsourcing work to slave-labour countries, dumping chemical waste in developing countries, selling weapons to all and sundry, shipping off dangerous medicine to countries with less strict regulations, you name it.

There is a very thin line indeed between the Toto Riinas and the Kochs of this world.
These are also the same people who harp on about everybody getting a "win-win" and look after their customer and suppliers. They are the same people who run marathons, go on charity bike rides or dress up as Father Christmas and visit the local children's hospice.

I find it hard to understand why you think anyone who has ever been successful in business is like a cartoon villain in a Disney movie.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

VickyCaramel wrote: Trump obviously loves his family and has a track record of being loyal to his friends.
This is the true trump derangement syndrome right here.

Before divorcing his first wife, dumb slobakian model Ivana, Family Man™ trump openly cheated on her with floozy eye candy, Marla Maples. In the divorce, Ivana accused the donald of physically and emotionally abusing her, and of rape. After spending a lot of time at Jeffery Epsteins underage brothels, trump divorced Maples and began dating high-priced prostitute dumb slobakian model, Melania. While Melania was pregnant, trump openly cheated on her with a slew of skanks, whores, and floozies. The pussy-grab video, where trump boasts that he tried to fuck some married woman, was recorded during this time.

Granted, trump really does love his daughter, Ivanka. He loves her so much he's stated in TV interviews that what he and his daughter most have in common is "sex", and that if she wasn't his daughter, they'd be dating. And there's all those wholesome family photos of Ivanka on daddy's lap.

“How can you say you love us? You don’t love us! You don’t even love yourself. You just love your money.” - Donald Jr., age 12.

The fact that he seems able to do deals, negotiate, read the mood of the public and get inside people's heads suggest he is very good at empathy. This pretty much rules out sociopath and psychopath.
:doh:
Die_Kunst_des_Abkommens.jpg
(207.73 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Watson said:

"I didn't want to become the face of progressive feminism in atheism."

Mission Accomplished!
It's a face that only progressive feminism in atheism could love.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

VickyCaramel wrote: If you had quoted that in context, anyone could see I am not talking about those two things, I am talking about the tactics of the opposition to those things, which are identical - Autistic screeching.

Yeah No - It’s exactly this sort of vagueness and lumping in I’m on about. What is this “the hysteria” ? Why have you taken any notice of “Autistic Screeching” ? Who are these “the they” who apparently have exactly the way same opinions about Donald Trump on the one hand, and the UK’s relationship with the EU on the other, and why are you allowing yourself to be distracted by them ?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

VickyCaramel wrote: These are also the same people who harp on about everybody getting a "win-win" and look after their customer and suppliers. They are the same people who run marathons, go on charity bike rides or dress up as Father Christmas and visit the local children's hospice.

I find it hard to understand why you think anyone who has ever been successful in business is like a cartoon villain in a Disney movie.
I don't know about other millionaires which you might know, but that's hardly the case with Trump.

For example: Trump settles fraud case against Trump University for $25M

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D" wrote:I am AMAZED after a full year that people have not figured this out.

He says crazy stuff, but his goal is to grow the economy.
I grew up outside of NYC. I’ve known about the donald for ever. He is a classic NPD and a vicious, hateful person. He says crazy stuff because he is out of touch with reality.

He has had one divorce and some kids by both his wives. Pretty normal.
Three. Cheated on them all constantly. Made them all get fake tits, complained about how the fake tits felt fake. Apparently Melania’s fake tits are top-shelf.

Had creepy sexual obsession with Ivanka. Pretty normal, cuz trump has creepy sexual obsessions with all underage girls.

The new tax law has been universally positive to business. If the tax code had not passed we would see a stock market at much lower values. Most businesses are now in a pro growth and pro American investment stance.

Hopefully, the Federal tax revenue will increase due to profit growth and we will avoid a debt crisis.

If we see a little bit of wage growth the economy will continue to grow at gang-busters. A big concern among economists is that average wages have stayed flat.
Typical Friedmanite bullshit that has been proven wrong over and over again, with the middle class the hapless guinea pigs.

Obama was a regulation monster... shitting out more business restriction than most presidents.
Provide evidence. I despise obama, but this is just rightwing frothing. I know for one thing that obama actively undermined EPA regulations.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:23 am
And I like how that article says that a recent Quinnipec poll was biased, because only 23% polled were republicans, while 43% were Democrats, and 38% were independents/ How DARE theyb use a representative sample of the American voting public lol
Better to stick to economists, 69% of whom are cunts.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:08 am
Rando warbling.

“Progressive feminism”
Brive, correct me if i’m wrong but, Isn’t there a quote from her around the begining of the schism saying that she was tired of “bigfoot atheism” and mocking creationists. That she wanted to do work that had real world effects... something like that?

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: Trump obviously loves his family and has a track record of being loyal to his friends.
This is the true trump derangement syndrome right here.
There is plenty of it to go around. You also have plenty of hysterical leftists fuming about how trump is going to send minorities to FEMA death camps and all sorts of other crazy shit. And then you have the Scott Adams's of the world proclaiming that trump's childish outbursts and pathological lying are some kind of genius level persuasion tactic, or praising his business acumen. The guy made his money by licensing his name out in a bunch of ventures that mostly failed, and he also engaged in a bunch of shady business with Russians (which he gets really touchy about when asked). For all the strum and drang about collusion, he's most likely to get popped for money laundering. His former ally Bannon said as much (he even helped with oppo research for the Cruz campaign suggesting trump has mafia ties: http://observer.com/2018/01/bannon-merc ... afia-ties/).

trump isn't hitler, and he isn't an amazing leader or businessman. He's a highly impulsive twit who spends most of his time talking about himself (sometimes in the third person) and 1 out of every 4 days of his presidency playing golf (http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much ... go-2017-12). His white house is transparently disordered, he has unprecedented staff turnover and can't stop embarrassing leaks from coming out. He's proudly ignorant and deeply incurious, and he constantly steps in shit because he's never bothered to figure out how our government works*. Basically he's an undisciplined incompetent who doesn't plan and isn't deliberate about his words or actions.

Anything significant this guy gets done, the Republicans in congress will do for him (e.g. the tax bill) and if he isn't taken out by his shady business dealings, he will inevitably bumble into a crisis because his handlers let him escape from his crib and he found the matches on the desk of the oval office.

Its amazing the shit that I hear about the guy, here and other places. America will not get great again because of trump, and no the 4th Reich is not coming. trump is neither capable nor interested in bringing about either of those outcomes.

* for example you can argue that the "shithole" comment was true, but it was still an epically stupid thing for a president to say. We have diplomatic relations with those "shithole" countries, and need to conduct business with them. Blatantly dissing them doesn't help anything and makes it harder to have good relations with those countries.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

feathers wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:04 pm
Culling excess populations is often considered cruel, but if populations exceed the ability of the habitat to sustain them, animals die by things like starvation, disease, and fighting for territory and ultimately populations crash and even disappear because they have destroyed their own habitat.
I like your argument for culling the human population of Africa.
Thanks to modern medicine agriculture and human ingenuity the population of Africa has been able to grow without causing further desertification, pressure on water resources like the Nile River, disease outbreaks, wars, outward migration, and dependence on aid from the outside. There hasn't been a pandemic for almost a century now so another one will probably never happen.
Africa; if it don't broke, ain't fix it. :drool:

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Another memorable voice gone. I hope the black dog (she was diagnosed bi polar a few years back) hasnt claimed another.

John D

Post by John D »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Another memorable voice gone. I hope the black dog (she was diagnosed bi polar a few years back) hasnt claimed another.

So sad. I normally don't like female singers that are too "gymnastic" (for lack of a better description), but Delores always amazed and thrilled me. Somehow her unusual style was delivered with such heart that it was transcendent. I hate seeing so many of my favorite performers die. This comes with age I guess.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Old_ones wrote: * for example you can argue that the "shithole" comment was true, but it was still an epically stupid thing for a president to say. We have diplomatic relations with those "shithole" countries, and need to conduct business with them. Blatantly dissing them doesn't help anything and makes it harder to have good relations with those countries.
Thing is, presidents say that sort of shit all the time. (Thanks to his tapes, we know Nixon was notably foul-mouthed.) What's significant is, trump is so reviled by his own people, the shithole comment got leaked.

But tweeting 'my button is bigger than yours' is not just pathetically sad, it's reckless.

John D

Post by John D »

This is also one of the best music videos ever!

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

piginthecity wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:53 am
Yeah No - It’s exactly this sort of vagueness and lumping in I’m on about. What is this “the hysteria” ? Why have you taken any notice of “Autistic Screeching” ? Who are these “the they” who apparently have exactly the way same opinions about Donald Trump on the one hand, and the UK’s relationship with the EU on the other, and why are you allowing yourself to be distracted by them ?
Let me demonstrate this hysteria.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: “How can you say you love us? You don’t love us! You don’t even love yourself. You just love your money.” - Donald Jr., age 12.

The fact that he seems able to do deals, negotiate, read the mood of the public and get inside people's heads suggest he is very good at empathy. This pretty much rules out sociopath and psychopath.

Call Godwin's law and stick a fork in it.

And yes it was this exact same kind of hysteria from Remainers that got me suspended from twitter last week, declaring that Brexit was racist, we are all Nazis and false flagging everybody.

They are hard to ignore, especially when they are spewing their retardation all over Slymepit.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: “How can you say you love us? You don’t love us! You don’t even love yourself. You just love your money.” - Donald Jr., age 12.
"You hate me... you just want to control me... I never want to talk to you again!" - My Daughter - age 16 (when I wouldn't let her boyfriend move into the house over the summer)

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

John D wrote: So sad. I normally don't like female singers that are too "gymnastic" (for lack of a better description), but Delores always amazed and thrilled me. Somehow her unusual style was delivered with such heart that it was transcendent. I hate seeing so many of my favorite performers die. This comes with age I guess.
We dont know cause of sudden death at 46, but it makes me worry more for another striking charismatic Irish singer/songwriter.

Sinead O Connor is frequently fucked up and pretty damaged , and wikipedia just now tells me she has now changed her name to Magda Davitt ?
but she is still one hell of a talent and performer. Hasnt made an alum since 2014 but her last two werent at all bad IMO.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

VickyCaramel wrote:

Call Godwin's law and stick a fork in it.
[/quote]
I wasn't saying trump is hitler. I was pointing out your psych eval comment was incredibly retarded.

Your sophistry and belligerence on this subject are becoming tedious. Take it to the trump dump, or save it for drunken bitching night at your local thacherite yahoos pub.

John D

Post by John D »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
John D wrote: So sad. I normally don't like female singers that are too "gymnastic" (for lack of a better description), but Delores always amazed and thrilled me. Somehow her unusual style was delivered with such heart that it was transcendent. I hate seeing so many of my favorite performers die. This comes with age I guess.
We dont know cause of sudden death at 46, but it makes me worry more for another striking charismatic Irish singer/songwriter.

Sinead O Connor is frequently fucked up and pretty damaged , and wikipedia just now tells me she has now changed her name to Magda Davitt ?
but she is still one hell of a talent and performer. Hasnt made an alum since 2014 but her last two werent at all bad IMO.
She was the real deal. Watch this live performance. Amazing. Very creative. I think she injured her voice however. Her recent live performances are not so well executed. I suspect she ruined part of her voice in the late 90s.

A more recent live performance shows that she eliminates all the yodeling (yodeling for lack of a better word). You just can't sing like that for years and years without breaking something. Too bad. If she would have been able to keep up that level of performance she would be even more legendary.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Yesterday when I saw this. My reaction was to shake my head, and I suspected all I would have to do was wait.

Turns out I did not have to wait too long either. This showed up in my feed Reported hijab attack on 11-year-old girl 'did not happen,' Toronto police say
An 11-year-old girl's report last week that a man tried to cut off her hijab as she walked to school didn't occur, Toronto police said Monday.
"After a detailed investigation, police have determined that the events described in the original news release did not happen," police said.
"The investigation is concluded."

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

VickyCaramel wrote: I have had the pleasure (mostly the displeasure) of being around entrepreneurs, millionaires and even a few billionaires. Trump isn't at all exceptional, and none of his behaviours are pathology, they are learned behaviours. Some of the things which people seem to think are character flaws are actually part of a methodology which it takes great discipline to maintain.
Also, he has little patience for people who are disloyal to him or to the country. He really feels that disloyal people are disgusting.
This is a perfect example. These people believe that in order to be successful, one of the first steps is to get rid of all your baggage, anybody who drags you down, anyone who is a drain on your time or your wallet has got to go. Secondly, because you need to have discipline and good habits, you need to get rid of anybody with poor discipline and bad habits. There is a belief in the old saying, "birds of a feather flock together", and so you should surround yourself with good people, and if you associate with bad people, they will bring other bad people into your life.

They might not believe you can become successful by willpower alone, but they believe that you can't be successful without it, you need determination and single mindedness, and you cannot allow negativity to contaminate your life. So they will shun naysayers, they will even refuse to watch TV, news, movies or read books which they feel is negative... I once heard one of them say that soap operas are like a trash shoot into your home filling it with shit and garbage. In effect they like to create an echo chamber where everything is positive and says they can succeed. They tolerate people like me, because of the saying, "don't bring me problems, bring me solutions", but believe me they get angry when you point out problems and bring them the negative vibes.

Another strange thing is that they tolerate failure as long as you have the right attitude. They believe that if you aren't failing often then you aren't trying hard enough. Somebody once told me that they ask the impossible all the time because although 19 out of 20 times they fail, the 1 in 20 times they get it makes it worthwhile.

The really good news is that these people generally understand value and worth. You can only get so far asset stripping or ripping people off. In order to be successful you actually have to produce something of worth. They know that chasing money has a poor success rate, but "if you chase success the money will follow". So it is unlikely that Trump is out for his personal enrichment and to rape the country, I would bet that he really is out to make America great again.
Whatever one thinks of Trump's personality and character, he's successful in a number of ways. People tend to hate success and attribute all of it to un-earned advantages or luck. Even moreso if the person in question doesn't perform humility all the time.

free thoughtpolice

I was going to post that one too. One of the remarks was that "false reports like this are rare" but it seems that they are more common than the real attacks.
I see that Wynne and Trudeau came out yesterday talking about how these attacks on religion are unacceptable. :doh:
It is so awful the way those poor muslims are treated in kaffir countries compared to their own countries. They have to pretend to be martyrs instead actually getting killed or prosecuted.

free thoughtpolice

persecuted

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

So GWB was considered such a party boy, "we" needed Darth Cheney to provide gravitas, a made up word in 2000 defined to mean, he'll keep jr from going nucular.

By that token, it seems very reasonable to worry that bigger button Trump (although B Clinton and others have also threatened annihilation of NK) will blunder us into wars because he seems to have no grown ups near him, or at least no grown ups with experience that he will listen to.

Maybe that makes him the Crazy Eddie of Game Theory and gives him an advantage, I dunno. But it does make it harder to sleep at night.

That said, given the evidence to date, Occam's Razor still suggests the hate-on for Trump is motivated equally by resentment of HRC's loss and the desire for a replay.

If you are deranged about Trump because you think he is corrupt, hypocritical, inconsistent, and a danger to the economy, to laws, privacy, labor, the social safety net, and a physical danger to the country, then sadly, I think your derangement is grounded if not reasonable and I'd give your actions the ethical benefit of the doubt.

If you are deranged about Trump because you think it was HRC's time and she was due and she won the popular vote and you want a redo then I think your derangement is unreasonable and I'd say your actions are most likely unethical from the get go.

I do think most of the support for the Russia Investigation, given what we've seen to date, is a desire for a slow coup because it was Hillary's turn and we wuz robbed.

fwiw
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump ... le/2634970
President Trump warned Tuesday at the United Nations General Assembly in New York that America would "totally destroy" North Korea should it ever attack the U.S. or its allies.

Unsurprisingly, his remarks left many in media and political circles feeling queasy.

After all, they suggested, it's unprecedented that a U.S. president would speak publicly like this about another country. It's also unconscionable that a world leader would say something like this about a U.N. member.

On both accounts, this is not quite true.

Though Trump's comments are indeed remarkable considering the context and setting in which they were delivered, he's hardly the first president to remind everyone of America's ability to wipe the Hermit Kingdom off the map.

In 2016, for example, President Barack Obama remarked casually that the U.S. could, in fact, turn North Korea into a memory.

"We could, obviously, destroy North Korea with our arsenals," he said in an interview with CBS News.

He added this careful qualifier, "But aside from the humanitarian costs of that, they are right next door to our vital ally, [South] Korea."

That same year, in his final speech before the U.N. General Assembly, Obama referred to North Korea as a "wasteland," and said it would have to face "consequences" if it continued to pursue its nuclear program.

Years prior, during a press conference in 1993, President Bill Clinton warned that the U.S. would wage total war against North Korea should it get out of line.

"I know of no one who seriously believes that the United States and [South Korea] would be defeated in a war of aggression by North Korea if they were to attack," he said. "And I made it as clear as I could that if they were to do that, they would pay a price so great that the nation would probably not survive as it is known today."

And as far as world leaders hanging the threat of overwhelming force over the heads of certain U.N. members is concerned, Trump is definitely not a first.

John D

Post by John D »

1-15-2018 4-01-51 PM.jpg
(71.93 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

Barbie's Boyfriend

DrokkIt wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: I have had the pleasure (mostly the displeasure) of being around entrepreneurs, millionaires and even a few billionaires. Trump isn't at all exceptional, and none of his behaviours are pathology, they are learned behaviours. Some of the things which people seem to think are character flaws are actually part of a methodology which it takes great discipline to maintain.

Whatever one thinks of Trump's personality and character, he's successful in a number of ways. People tend to hate success and attribute all of it to un-earned advantages or luck. Even moreso if the person in question doesn't perform humility all the time.
He was successful cause his daddy left him $200 million, and he was on reality TV. Trump, Paris Hilton, the Kardashians, its all the same

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Nigerian excellence in tertiary education appears to be topical at the moment.

This appraisal suggests not all degrees apples are golden. But then I’m no expert, unlike those promoting the “African immigrants are better educated than [fill in the gap] cheer squad.

https://www.ripublication.com/ijepa/ijepav3n2_07.pdf

I was interested to see that the ANC Govt had allowed Nigeria to become the biggest African economy in 2014. They must have got distracted.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

VickyCaramel wrote: Call Godwin's law and stick a fork in it.

And yes it was this exact same kind of hysteria from Remainers that got me suspended from twitter last week, declaring that Brexit was racist, we are all Nazis and false flagging everybody.

They are hard to ignore, especially when they are spewing their retardation all over Slymepit.
Vicky - Please tell me you are aware that while you are having your twitter spats about who called who what, and who flagged who, the grown-ups are at least making some attempt to find the least worst option of Keeping in Customs Union and Single market, attempting to broker a Norway-style deal, or defaulting to the WTO rules. And that the outcome of this will certainly impact on the financial future of a fair segment of people, not exempting those here in the pit whose concern you term as “spewed retardation”.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Trump is the elected POTUS right now. deal with it.

As far as shithole countries go, anyone decrying the sentiment should be sent to live there for a while. No taker?

On the other hand, that's not something a head of state should say out loud, even if most everybody thinks the same.

In short: who gives a fuck?

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D" wrote:The new tax law has been universally positive to business. If the tax code had not passed we would see a stock market at much lower values. Most businesses are now in a pro growth and pro American investment stance.

Hopefully, the Federal tax revenue will increase due to profit growth and we will avoid a debt crisis.

If we see a little bit of wage growth the economy will continue to grow at gang-busters. A big concern among economists is that average wages have stayed flat.
Typical Friedmanite bullshit that has been proven wrong over and over again, with the middle class the hapless guinea pigs.
No. Milton Friedman regarded tax cuts that weren't accompanied by spending cuts as not being true tax cuts at all because the difference would still have to be funded out of the general economic output and be as enervating to the economy as the tax cuts were stimulatory, with no benefit to economic growth. He called the belief otherwise "tooth fairy economics". You may be thinking more of the Laffer curve, which some Republican tax cutting proponents misinterpret to mean any tax cut will "pay for itself" or actually increase revenues, and some Democrats then use this misinterpretation to tar all tax cutting advocates.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote:Obama was a regulation monster... shitting out more business restriction than most presidents.
Provide evidence. I despise obama, but this is just rightwing frothing. I know for one thing that obama actively undermined EPA regulations.
If you use the number of pages in the Federal Register as a metric, which is imperfect but not bad, Obama's presidency was highly regulatorily expansive.
https://cei.org/sites/default/files/Fig ... ages_1.png

He's the only president who's had the number of pages over 80,000 and did this 4 times in his presidency, falling just short 3 other times, with his final year Federal Register having nearly 96,000. In contrast, Trump's first year saw a Federal Register size of just 61,950 pages. The mode switchover between a regulatory expansive economic environment and a deregulatory economic environment is likely primarily responsible for both the large increase in stock market values and the uptick in economic growth in 2017.

John D

Post by John D »

It is true that the middle class is getting smaller in the US. The number of poor are also going down. What is happening is that the upper-middle and upper class are growing and the other groups are shrinking. So, while income "inequality" is increasing, it is only increasing because the upper and upper-middle classes are getting bigger. This is a good thing.

1-15-2018 11-30-03 AM.jpg
(63 KiB) Downloaded 77 times