There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 5090
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#961

Post by KiwiInOz »

katamari Damassi wrote: snip JP
Wow that was aggravating to watch.

Interviewer asks question.

Peterson answers question.

Interviewer responds to question with: "So what you're saying is...(something he didn't say)."
[/quote]

You wouldn't understand, katamari. It's hetero courtship.

DaveDodo007
.
.
Posts: 1322
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:48 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#962

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Old_ones wrote:
Spike13 wrote: Unless one of these tens of thousands have had Trump on their couch, their opinion is worthless.( and their speculation very unprofessional)
Long distance diagnosis is very suseptable to bias.
One mans fierce competitor, is another mans raging asshole... ( usually depends on the uniform they are wearing)
Spike13 wrote: Unless one of these tens of thousands have had Trump on their couch, their opinion is worthless.( and their speculation very unprofessional)
Long distance diagnosis is very suseptable to bias.
One mans fierce competitor, is another mans raging asshole... ( usually depends on the uniform they are wearing)
One man who can't go a full speech without flattering himself probably has something going on upstairs.
“Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.”

― William Shakespeare, King Henry V.

Fuck off with your self loathing attitude. How often do we hear women pat themselves on the back because they were born with a vagina, how often are ethnic minorities praised to the sky just for being able to use technology that Europeans invented. I'm sick of this shit as everyone else is allowed to shout about their little or non accomplishments from the rooftops. Though for once the yanks have voted in a President who doesn't expect them to apologize for existing and the whole lefty/liberal retarded mongs lose their shit. Good, fuck you and your worship of low expectations you rode in on.

MacGruberKnows
.
.
Posts: 1768
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:27 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#963

Post by MacGruberKnows »

AndrewV69 wrote:


LMFAO!!! Ahahahahahahaha.
That hair, what there is of it, is very erect. Or at least chunks of it are.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11875
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#964

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

So first it was a toupee, now it's his actual hair?

I have a hard time following all those very important points.

Shatterface
.
.
Posts: 5898
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:05 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#965

Post by Shatterface »

AndrewV69 wrote:


LMFAO!!! Ahahahahahahaha.
Is this the same drug Muscato used to turn herself into a brave and beautiful woman?

Guest_d2e60302

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#966

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

An interested theory by Movie Bob. I don't really know who Movie Bob is, I know he's an SJW who hates GamerGate and has pages of his own at EncyclopediaDramatic, KnowYourMeme, Lolcow, all the great spots.

But I did enjoy this video of his, even though it is obviously wrong.

In the video he spins layers of metanarrative behind the The Last Jedi. It's similar to, but not as enjoyable as listening to Tarantino reframe Top Gun:
Sid: You want subversion on a massive level. You know what one of the greatest fucking scripts ever written in the history of Hollywood is? Top Gun.
Duane: Oh, come on.
Sid: Top Gun is fucking great. What is Top Gun? You think it's a story about a bunch of fighter pilots.
Duane: It's about a bunch of guys waving their dicks around.
Sid: It is a story about a man's struggle with his own homosexuality...
So the metanarrative behind the last jedi is not that it's a massive fuck you to the fans, nor is it disney trying to reboot the franchise for a much younger audience by shucking off the old franchise, what it is is a love letter to fans.

The central example is that Luke is too old, grown up, tired of this shit, just like Lucas and Ford et. al., and wanted it over, but Rey representing the fans, comes back to Luke and convinces him he is needed, the force is needed, etc. And so Rey is right and so the fans are right etc. etc.

I thought it was amusing and worth listening to.

Regardless, it's complete bullshit. It doesn't paper over the many plot holes and the fact that this meta narrative was lost on 99.9999% of the audience, and half of whom thought it was a huge fuck you, suggests that if that was the meta narrative, it failed miserably in how it was born out.

Anyway.


ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 1473
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#967

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Brive1987 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:53 pm
MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Sh0e put out a call for small youtubers to submit their ware so she could boost the best and brightest.

Excitedly and all a tremble, I begged her help in getting my PZ / Rebecca Watson Tainted Love video up from 142 to 150 or more views.

I did not make the cut.

The world can fucking burn.
Sometimes you need to put things in perspective:

True. It’s nice to know that if it becomes too much I can always move to the relative calm of South Africa
You could do worse. Some of those Karoo towns are really beautiful, and calm. Although there are occasional farm murders, people just get on with it and keep a gun or two around. Farmers are frequently accused of brutality toward the local community of non-whites, but to the extent that it's true, they only do it because they wouldn't survive otherwise. There is a lot of very expensive equipment, not to mention crops, spread out over a large area which makes it very vulnerable to theft. The only way to stay in business is to make sure that thieves think twice before stepping on your property. There is an orange farmer up in Kirkwood whose bees I've been looking after and he is never without his Glock. Ii is always tucked into his belt, even at the dinner table. If he spots a trespasser he goes straight for the gun and fires a few warning shots. Don't blame him. Locals will gladly start a fire on a farm just to smoke out some bees. He has a fair number of Kudu on his property which wouldn't last long if the locals weren't too afraid to poach them. His farm manager is a local black guy who doesn't fuck around. If anything untoward happens he finds the culprit and bones get broken. One of the labourers stole a tractor battery and within a few days he pitched up at the workshop in a broken state with the battery and tearfully offered to replace it with a new one.

There are various theories as to what is behind the farm murders. Some people think it is a sinister political plot, others that it's just spite or settling of grievances. I suspect it may be a bit of both. The government occasionally pretends to care, but then we all know that the murders serve their agenda. Although there is no evidence that they are complicit, they certainly aren't in a hurry to do anything about it.

Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3136
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#968

Post by Hunt »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Anyway.


Keating
.
.
Posts: 2049
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: South of anteater guy
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#969

Post by Keating »

I thought this analysis was pretty interesting:

Pseudomonas
.
.
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:47 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#970

Post by Pseudomonas »

Old_ones wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:26 pm
Pseudomonas wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:
feathers wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:44 pm
jet_lagg wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:17 pm
Uhm...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis
The fount of all truth wrote:According to a 2016 poll of 1,500 scientists reported in the journal Nature, 70% of them had failed to reproduce at least one other scientist's experiment (50% had failed to reproduce one of their own experiments). These numbers differ among disciplines:[5]

chemistry: 90% (60%),
biology: 80% (60%),
physics and engineering: 70% (50%),
medicine: 70% (60%),
Earth and environment science: 60% (40%).
How the hell can it be so high in chemistry? That's about as exact as you can get.

(Unless the researchers trying to reproduce are clumsy bastards)
Just a guess, chemistry experiments are easier to reproduce and the failed replication comes from the fringes of the field, not the foundations (I don't think covalent bonding is going to be called into question tomorrow).
I suspect (though I'm not a chemist), at least in the case of synthetic chemistry, that it's more a case of how chemists see replication. Whilst most of us would look at a chemical reaction and say we've reproduced the making of <product> if we got some of it at the end, chemists will only call it reproduced if they got a similar yield to the original experimenters - i.e. the original published experiment produced (say) 99% of the theoretical yield, and the replicators only got 60% - not reproduced.

And it can be hard to exactly replicate the published experiment, if details which turn out to be important are omitted from the paper (not necessarily for any sinister reason, simply because the scientists don't realise that those particular conditions are important. Have a look at:

In the Pipeline *, and the linked Blog Syn

for an attempt at replication, where one of the original authors comments.

Pseudomonas

* Whilst you're there, check out 'Things I won't work with' :-)
That's part of it. I suspect that another part of it is that every synthetic chemical project requires some grunt work related to synthesizing precursors and other materials needed for the actual synthesis route or reactions under investigation. Chemists are actively looking to use other people's reactions to improve their routine preps, so chemists routinely try reactions that they find in the literature. Experiments in medicine and biology are not reproduced for this reason so it may be easier to hide the shoddy results.

Another factor is the under described or erroneously described reaction. It can be hard to describe (or even know) all the factors that are important for carrying out a particular reaction. Reactions can be tricky to carry out, and often can be effected by things like the humidity of your lab air, how well you dried your chemicals, whether there were trace materials in your reagent that you didn't realize, how well you excluded air from your reaction and so on. People often talk about some of these things in the experimental section of their papers, but it can be difficult to relate exactly how a reaction should be carried out. The "hidden catalyst" is also a particular problem in some areas. I listened to a talk given by Bob Grubbs a few years ago (an organometallic chemist who specializes in Ruthenium catalyzed olefin metathesis reactions) and he related how he will often ask his students to repeat results with new catalysts in other labs to exclude the possibility that trace amounts of other (highly active) catalysts from his lab are actually doing the work.
Tell me about knowing all the factors that are important - I've just spent most of the last week and this trying to get a (stupidly simple biological) reaction to work, which was working fine when I did it a year or so ago :-(.

In biology, there are issues like cell lines being completely unrelated to what they are meant to be, antibodies which don't recognise the protein they are meant to - commercially produced antibodies, that is (Santa Cruz Biotech, I'm looking at you :naughty: ), and many other factors akin to the ones above. I'm sure the other scientists here can come up with similar sob-stories of their own.

So, for those wondering about the high replication crisis percentages quoted, these poorly described/unknown factors are a big part of it.

Pseudomonas

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7332
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#971

Post by MarcusAu »

katamari Damassi wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
I get the feeling that of all the women you are not fucking...she's the one you are not fucking the most.
I admit I'm fascinated not just by her but the whole cult that surrounds her, Shakesville contributors and commentariat.
Fair enough - I enjoy the snippets you provide - but not enough to go there are check it out.

I'm happy enough for you to take the 'Jane Goodall' role in studying the Shakesville community.

gurugeorge
.
.
Posts: 820
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#972

Post by gurugeorge »

Star Wars negs its fans like Peterson negs Newman. Unfortunately the fans weren't turned on.

That is all, I'm going back to sleep ...

screwtape
.
.
Posts: 2510
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:15 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#973

Post by screwtape »

If you're suffering Star Wars fatigue, I've discovered a YT channel that shows only newly made sci-fi shorts. Some are quite decent:


Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11875
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#974

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I haven't even seen the fucking movie yet!

Suet Cardigan
.
.
Posts: 1304
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:26 am
Location: England, a bastion of barbarism and cluelessness
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#975

Post by Suet Cardigan »

How many times does Cathy Newman try to bait Jordan Peterson on this 4 News Interview?

BoxNDox
.
.
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:24 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#976

Post by BoxNDox »

feathers wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:44 pm
jet_lagg wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:17 pm
Uhm...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis
The fount of all truth wrote:According to a 2016 poll of 1,500 scientists reported in the journal Nature, 70% of them had failed to reproduce at least one other scientist's experiment (50% had failed to reproduce one of their own experiments). These numbers differ among disciplines:[5]

chemistry: 90% (60%),
biology: 80% (60%),
physics and engineering: 70% (50%),
medicine: 70% (60%),
Earth and environment science: 60% (40%).
How the hell can it be so high in chemistry? That's about as exact as you can get.

(Unless the researchers trying to reproduce are clumsy bastards)
Failure to reproduce doesn't necessarily mean what you might think.

My first paper in a peer-reviewed journal was on the mechanism of energy transfer in a particular rare earth material. I had determined this using nitrogen laser excitation over a wide range of temperatures.

A couple of weeks after the paper was published we heard from a French research group, who said that not only were they unable to reproduce our results, they were seeing energy transfer speeds that were at least an order of magnitude faster than what we saw.

I had moved on to another project by then, so a different student did the followup. He tested their sample on our setup, and reproduced their results.

It was looking like we might have to retract when the results of their testing our sample on their setup came in - they had reproduced our results.

So what was different about the samples? We were testing a crystal, they were testing a fine powder. It turned out that this material's very peculiar molecular structure cause its properties to change depending on its form. This led to a series of additional papers and some interesting applications. (And references to my original paper, which doesn't hurt the old h-index.)

And this is for a very straightforward experiment. (For us growing the crystal was the difficult part.) Many/most experiments are more difficult to set up - try setting up an experiment involving four-wave mixing sometime. Moreover, as time goes on and the easier experiments have been sufficiently reproduced, you're left with the harder stuff.

gurugeorge
.
.
Posts: 820
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#977

Post by gurugeorge »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I haven't even seen the fucking movie yet!
Don't give Disney the pleasure of your money, it really is a complete waste of time. It's sort of like an antimatter movie that's really just a series of irritating "gotchas," a repeated jabbing of the SJW thumb in fans' eyes.

I suppose were you to be stoned and thereby rendered incapable of following plots anyway, you'd probably enjoy the cinematography and fx as standalone spectacles - they're really excellent, making this possibly the best Star Wars movie yet in those respects, even better than TFA.

Here's my personal favourite review:-


jet_lagg
.
.
Posts: 2570
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:57 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#978

Post by jet_lagg »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:06 pm
Obviously anyone who answers yes to these is suffering from mental illness. :bjarte:
No one believes that. If you believe that you are either really misinformed, really clueless or both.
He specifically says people believe that, and that the problem is those people (professionals who ought to know better) routinely conflate screening and diagnosis. If you missed that you lack reading comprehension, or are clueless, or both.

If we could move past the really tiresome snark about one another though, the fact is the replication crisis is widely discussed in psychology and nobody with any credibility denies that. Saying otherwise doesn't make any sense. I'd liken it to climate change denial except it's more like saying climate change isn't even a thing scientists talk about. Your original question to John was whether or not he could give examples of professionals in the field being wrong. Assuming for the sake of argument this wasn't rhetorical and you really wanted examples, Shatterface gave one, I've given another, and the wikipedia article is a primer for anyone who wants to learn about more.

Personally I think people are far too impressed when mental health professionals speak. I was joking about thetans, but I'd honestly give more weight to the opinion of a religious leader than a shrink with a checklist when it comes to saying what is or isn't wrong with the mind of a congregation member.

Shatterface
.
.
Posts: 5898
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:05 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#979

Post by Shatterface »

My ten cents is that if anyone sees The Last Jedi as a fuck you, then fuck you. Nobody makes you go see a movie any more than they make you play a videogame. If you are still obsessing over a movie you didn't like by the time you got home from it you have too few problems. If you have spent the last two months seeking validation for your opinion on YouTube you have too few problems. This is the same entitled shit we laugh at when SJWs bang on about it.

Shatterface
.
.
Posts: 5898
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:05 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#980

Post by Shatterface »

Psychiatry is vulnerable to fads just like any other discipline. The implicit attributes test is a biggy at the moment. Nobody wants to just replicate the Stroop test because nobody cares if there's a significant difference between reading words of text are different colours but if you can suggest that it's also a test for racism suddenly you get to go conferences, get cited in journals, etc.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11875
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#981

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Why is the Pyt getting a hard-on about Peterson? I found the interview boring as fuck.

Skeptic_Duh
.
.
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:59 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#982

Post by Skeptic_Duh »

If you all haven't seen this - it's great!
This blogger want 5 free nights in a hotel, because she's a big deal - the owner wasn't as accommodating:

https://nypost.com/2018/01/17/hotel-own ... free-stay/

Check out the other posts about posting letters and exploding hair blowers.

Facebook White moose

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10857
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#983

Post by Lsuoma »

Check out her eyes - she looks as hungover as Beccybooze.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7332
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#984

Post by MarcusAu »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Why is the Pyt getting a hard-on about Peterson? I found the interview boring as fuck.
Indeed.

If anyone cares to watch the following video all the way though I'm sure they will see the error of their ways...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDZnSKpnQ8k

VickyCaramel
.
.
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Sitting with feet up
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#985

Post by VickyCaramel »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:20 pm
rayshul wrote: He doesn't have a mental illness, ffs, except being a germophobe. This is utterly ridiculous. Trump Derangement Syndrome is amazing. I can't believe how psychotic people are about finding literally any way to demonstrate he's evil.
Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:
Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
Exaggerate achievements and talents
Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
Take advantage of others to get what they want
Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
Be envious of others and believe others envy them
Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office

At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:
Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20366662
When you see these symptoms in the crazy woman over the road, that's a personality disorder,
When it's in a billionaire who manages to become the President of the USA... The sense of self importance, the sense of superiority is well founded, the recognition isn't unwarranted, those aren't delusions of grandeur. He is the most powerful man on the planet. :doh:

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7332
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#986

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote: My ten cents is that if anyone sees The Last Jedi as a fuck you, then fuck you. Nobody makes you go see a movie any more than they make you play a videogame. If you are still obsessing over a movie you didn't like by the time you got home from it you have too few problems. If you have spent the last two months seeking validation for your opinion on YouTube you have too few problems. This is the same entitled shit we laugh at when SJWs bang on about it.
I think you are on to a losing battle with this one. The entire reason for the Internet (well after cats & porn) is to enable people to complain about stuff.

And Star Wars fans in particular are still moaning about the prequels - which are something like 20 years old at this point.

Forget it Shat...it's Chinatown.

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1471
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#987

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Rip Peter Wyngarde
Wyngarde2.jpg
(21.06 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Rape Culture Innovator




InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1471
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#988

Post by InfraRedBucket »

MarcusAu wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Why is the Pyt getting a hard-on about Peterson? I found the interview boring as fuck.
Indeed.

If anyone cares to watch the following video all the way though I'm sure they will see the error of their ways...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDZnSKpnQ8k
Jeez! 7 and a half hours? Seriously? Where's Thunderfoot to reduce that to six when you need him?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11875
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#989

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Lsuoma wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:48 am
Check out her eyes - she looks as hungover as Beccybooze.
Is that even possible?

paddybrown
.
.
Posts: 1728
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:06 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#990

Post by paddybrown »

Skeptic_Duh wrote: If you all haven't seen this - it's great!
This blogger want 5 free nights in a hotel, because she's a big deal - the owner wasn't as accommodating:

https://nypost.com/2018/01/17/hotel-own ... free-stay/

Check out the other posts about posting letters and exploding hair blowers.

Facebook White moose
Another 22-year-old, Katie Way, who wrote the Aziz Ansari hit-piece, was invited to appear on HLN, which I assume is some kind of TV station. Her reply, as reported on the Advice Goddess blog:
It's an unequivocal no from me. The way your colleague Ashleigh (?), someone I'm certain no one under the age of 45 has ever heard of, by the way, ripped into my source directly was one of the lowest, most despicable things I've ever seen in my entire life. Shame on her. Shame on HLN. Ashleigh could have "talked" to me. She could have "talked" to my editor or my publication. But instead, she targeted a 23-year-old woman in one of the most vulnerable moments of her life, someone she's never f------ met before, for a little attention. I hope the ratings were worth it! I hope the ~500 RTs on the single news write-up made that burgundy lipstick bad highlights second-wave feminist has-been feel really relevant for a little while. She DISGUSTS me, and I hope when she has more distance from the moment she has enough of a conscience left to feel remotely ashamed -- doubt it, but still. Must be nice to piggyback off of the fact that another woman was brave enough to speak up and add another dimension to the societal conversation about sexual assault. Grace wouldn't know how that feels, because she struck out into this alone, because she's the bravest person I've ever met. I would NEVER go on your network. I would never even watch your network. No woman my age would ever watch your network. I will remember this for the rest of my career -- I'm 22 and so far, not too shabby! And I will laugh the day you fold. If you could let Ashleigh know I said this, and that she is no-holds-barred the reason, it'd be a real treat for me.
Thanks,
Katie

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 6789
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#991

Post by Tigzy »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Old_ones wrote:

One man who can't go a full speech without flattering himself probably has something going on upstairs.
“Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.”

― William Shakespeare, King Henry V.

Fuck off with your self loathing attitude. How often do we hear women pat themselves on the back because they were born with a vagina, how often are ethnic minorities praised to the sky just for being able to use technology that Europeans invented. I'm sick of this shit as everyone else is allowed to shout about their little or non accomplishments from the rooftops. Though for once the yanks have voted in a President who doesn't expect them to apologize for existing and the whole lefty/liberal retarded mongs lose their shit. Good, fuck you and your worship of low expectations you rode in on.
Dave, you really do remind me of a certain Viz character.
majormisunderstanding.png
(578.56 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

DrokkIt
.
.
Posts: 1327
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:01 pm
Location: Brit-Cit
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#992

Post by DrokkIt »

Something I'm enjoying in the Peterson/Newman fallout is how everyone on twitter seems to think a strawman is simply the act of mis-characterising an argument.

Newman repeatedly tries to put words in Peterson's mouth, which speaks to her biases, but isn't a strawman in itself. Fun times.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#993

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:54 pm
It was fun watching her fizzing at the bunghole - a couple of times she started smoothing her skirt, and then in the last few minutes she did the wide-eyes come-on. He, on his part, was trying to suppress his mischievous recognition of the fact he gave her a big wide-on, and signally failed to hide his smirking.

Overall, at the end I was left with an impression of a couple of teenagers, where he was hornier than a three-balled tomcat, and she wanted to air the clam like there was no tomorrow.
Reminded me of the time in college I had this intense argument with a girl from Brazil over rain forest deprivation. I don't think Jordan Peterson ended up naked in Cathy Newman's dorm room, though.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#994

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Jeez! 7 and a half hours? Seriously? Where's Thunderfoot to reduce that to six when you need him?
:lol:

VickyCaramel
.
.
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Sitting with feet up
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#995

Post by VickyCaramel »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:02 am
Right. 60,000 mental health professionals who sign a statement PETITION that trump is mentally impaired, are suffering from "trump derangement syndrome". But entrepreneur expert, Dr. Vickie Caramel, whose B.S. is PH&D, is qualified to proffer a psych eval.

:cdc:
If you asked 60,000 mental health professionals how many genders there are, what kind of politically correct answer do you think you'd get? Because anyone giving any answer other than "2" should probably be sectioned.

Luckily it is only 27 mental health professionals, the bulk of the 60,000 are just idiots who signed a petition on Change.org.
And when they say "27 mental health professionals", we are talking about a psychotherapist and a bunch of his friends... maybe they should stick to dance therapy and howling at the moon.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10857
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#996

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Why is the Pyt getting a hard-on about Peterson? I found the interview boring as fuck.
Indeed.

If anyone cares to watch the following video all the way though I'm sure they will see the error of their ways...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDZnSKpnQ8k
7.5 hours? Fuck that.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#997

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:34 am
Psychiatry is vulnerable to fads just like any other discipline. The implicit attributes test is a biggy at the moment. Nobody wants to just replicate the Stroop test because nobody cares if there's a significant difference between reading words of text are different colours but if you can suggest that it's also a test for racism suddenly you get to go conferences, get cited in journals, etc.
Implicit Bias? That's disputed* within the field of social psychology, but has spread like wildfire among the general public, spread by SJWs.

* inter alia, methodology of the test is crap, at best reveals universal in/out-group bias.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#998

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: Check out her eyes - she looks as hungover as Beccybooze.
You can't diagnose a hangover unless you're a certified professional treating the boozer in person.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#999

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

VickyCaramel wrote: When you see these symptoms in the crazy woman over the road, that's a personality disorder,
When it's in a billionaire who manages to become the President of the USA... The sense of self importance, the sense of superiority is well founded, the recognition isn't unwarranted, those aren't delusions of grandeur. He is the most powerful man on the planet. :doh:
God, you're such a jock-sniffer to the rich.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1000

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:02 am
Right. 60,000 mental health professionals who sign a statement PETITION that trump is mentally impaired, are suffering from "trump derangement syndrome". But entrepreneur expert, Dr. Vickie Caramel, whose B.S. is PH&D, is qualified to proffer a psych eval.

:cdc:
If you asked 60,000 mental health professionals how many genders there are, what kind of politically correct answer do you think you'd get? Because anyone giving any answer other than "2" should probably be sectioned.

Luckily it is only 27 mental health professionals, the bulk of the 60,000 are just idiots who signed a petition on Change.org.
And when they say "27 mental health professionals", we are talking about a psychotherapist and a bunch of his friends... maybe they should stick to dance therapy and howling at the moon.
ad hominem FTW.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 7364
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1001

Post by Ape+lust »

Tigzy wrote: Dave, you really do remind me of a certain Viz character.

download/file.php?id=5094[img]

majormisunderstanding.png
:lol:

I've been looking for an excuse to post this:

https://imgur.com/GhMwcgr.png

VickyCaramel
.
.
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Sitting with feet up
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1002

Post by VickyCaramel »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:02 am
Right. 60,000 mental health professionals who sign a statement PETITION that trump is mentally impaired, are suffering from "trump derangement syndrome". But entrepreneur expert, Dr. Vickie Caramel, whose B.S. is PH&D, is qualified to proffer a psych eval.

:cdc:
If you asked 60,000 mental health professionals how many genders there are, what kind of politically correct answer do you think you'd get? Because anyone giving any answer other than "2" should probably be sectioned.

Luckily it is only 27 mental health professionals, the bulk of the 60,000 are just idiots who signed a petition on Change.org.
And when they say "27 mental health professionals", we are talking about a psychotherapist and a bunch of his friends... maybe they should stick to dance therapy and howling at the moon.
ad hominem FTW.
I think it is important to point out that a psychiatrist or psychologist is somebody who is qualified to give diagnosis, a psychotherapist is just a fancy way of saying "therapist" or "counselor".... and they are not immune from being ideologues as we found out in the 1980s. It was largely Christian Psychotherapy which gave us the Ritual Satanic Abuse Scandals.

So it's 27 therapists who think Trump is unstable, not "60,000 mental health professionals". But I am sure it was just that which slipped by your fact checking and you thoroughly researched all your other information before forming an opinion. It wouldn't do for a "skeptic" to be swayed by their bias and just believe whatever was on CNN.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: When you see these symptoms in the crazy woman over the road, that's a personality disorder,
When it's in a billionaire who manages to become the President of the USA... The sense of self importance, the sense of superiority is well founded, the recognition isn't unwarranted, those aren't delusions of grandeur. He is the most powerful man on the planet. :doh:
God, you're such a jock-sniffer to the rich.
And you have such a hate boner for the rich. Envy and resentment is so ugly.

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1471
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1003

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:54 pm
It was fun watching her fizzing at the bunghole - a couple of times she started smoothing her skirt, and then in the last few minutes she did the wide-eyes come-on. He, on his part, was trying to suppress his mischievous recognition of the fact he gave her a big wide-on, and signally failed to hide his smirking.

Overall, at the end I was left with an impression of a couple of teenagers, where he was hornier than a three-balled tomcat, and she wanted to air the clam like there was no tomorrow.
Reminded me of the time in college I had this intense argument with a girl from Brazil over rain forest deprivation. I don't think Jordan Peterson ended up naked in Cathy Newman's dorm room, though.

Was that about deforesting or deflowering?
Easy mistake to make if English is a second language.

Barbie's Boyfriend
.
.
Posts: 762
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:29 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1004

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: When you see these symptoms in the crazy woman over the road, that's a personality disorder,
When it's in a billionaire who manages to become the President of the USA... The sense of self importance, the sense of superiority is well founded, the recognition isn't unwarranted, those aren't delusions of grandeur. He is the most powerful man on the planet. :doh:
God, you're such a jock-sniffer to the rich.
Sumpin' tells me that Vicky ain't been sniffin' the jock of George Soros too much

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1471
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1005

Post by InfraRedBucket »

DrokkIt wrote: Something I'm enjoying in the Peterson/Newman fallout is how everyone on twitter seems to think a strawman is simply the act of mis-characterising an argument.

Newman repeatedly tries to put words in Peterson's mouth, which speaks to her biases, but isn't a strawman in itself. Fun times.

Newmans' case not helped by her boss's "Communications " Head wading in with victim status.
Little or no "abuse , in the comments about Newman, just criticism, and the replies to this tweet agree with me.
Would that qualify as a Strawman?


VickyCaramel
.
.
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Sitting with feet up
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1006

Post by VickyCaramel »

Keating wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote: Cathy "it sounds like you're saying" Newman interview with JBP, for Channel 4 News. (UK)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54
This interview was amazing. Peterson is masterful here.
The best thing about this interview is that it is posted on Channel4s official youtube channel and the commerati have made their feelings known.
Douglas Murray said they should delete the clip (or their account, I think it was the former), and I suspect they will because if anyone from C4 is actually reading it they are getting a hell of a wakeup call about how out of touch they are with the general public.

The other amusing thing of course is this has provided Feminist Cringe Complications with enough material to keep them busy for the next year, as if Cathy Newman doesn't get enough exposure.

ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
Posts: 6555
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1007

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

PZ Meyers throws around yet another nasty little accusation based on no evidence, claiming that Carrier probably has secret financial backers.

Vicious little cunt, I really hope someone like the zoom student does this to him one day.

https://i.imgur.com/k0axrQB.png

SM1957
.
.
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1008

Post by SM1957 »

In the very first minute, Peterson uses the word 'delineation' when talking to Cathy Newman. Was that fair?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11875
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1009

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 am
PZ Meyers throws around yet another nasty little accusation based on no evidence, claiming that Carrier probably has secret financial backers.

Vicious little cunt, I really hope someone like the zoom student does this to him one day.

https://i.imgur.com/k0axrQB.png
Takeaway phrase:

"I hope you can donate and help out".

Not surprised.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10712
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1010

Post by free thoughtpolice »

jet_lagg wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:06 pm
Obviously anyone who answers yes to these is suffering from mental illness. :bjarte:
No one believes that. If you believe that you are either really misinformed, really clueless or both.
He specifically says people believe that, and that the problem is those people (professionals who ought to know better) routinely conflate screening and diagnosis. If you missed that you lack reading comprehension, or are clueless, or both.

If we could move past the really tiresome snark about one another though, the fact is the replication crisis is widely discussed in psychology and nobody with any credibility denies that. Saying otherwise doesn't make any sense. I'd liken it to climate change denial except it's more like saying climate change isn't even a thing scientists talk about. Your original question to John was whether or not he could give examples of professionals in the field being wrong. Assuming for the sake of argument this wasn't rhetorical and you really wanted examples, Shatterface gave one, I've given another, and the wikipedia article is a primer for anyone who wants to learn about more.

Personally I think people are far too impressed when mental health professionals speak. I was joking about thetans, but I'd honestly give more weight to the opinion of a religious leader than a shrink with a checklist when it comes to saying what is or isn't wrong with the mind of a congregation member.
Did you read when I said:
Firstly, I don't dispute that clinical psychology needs to have more study and that many of the tenets in the practice haven't been solidly proven. It is a relatively young science and it tries to tackle a complex field that is notoriously difficult to test. There are some outliers in the field but there also is careful and rigorous work going, especially compared to social psychology, anthropology, gender studies, etc
Does that statement sound like I deny there is a replication problem in psychology?
I didn't miss what Alexander said about people conflating that test with a screen, in fact I quoted exactly what he said and pointed out that he was specifically talking about this one test. If there is some place else where he says most professionals routinely conflate screens and tests I didn't see it.
Shatterface gave an example where French Psychs disagree with the rest of the world. That doesn't prove the point that I was arguing against which was John D saying that " most psychiatrists are wrong all the time".
If you think that statement is right, fine. We will agree to disagree. I didn't say that psychology doesn't have a problem. I didn't say that all psychiatrists agree all the time. I didn't say psychiatrists get things right all the time. If you can find someone that said that then go and argue with them.
Here is a religious leader you can go and get your checkup with so you don't have to see one of those awful psychiatrists:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10857
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1011

Post by Lsuoma »

Cuntie 2017 Finals open for voting:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=538

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1471
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1012

Post by InfraRedBucket »

I realise it's not even Tom of Finland Friday yet
but If St Peter doesn't let him in to Heaven at the main Gates
he might him slip in round the back entrance.

DTzwDrVW4AAlCCc.jpg
(88.43 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1013

Post by Kirbmarc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: PZ Meyers throws around yet another nasty little accusation based on no evidence, claiming that Carrier probably has secret financial backers.

Vicious little cunt, I really hope someone like the zoom student does this to him one day.

https://i.imgur.com/k0axrQB.png
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: PZ Meyers throws around yet another nasty little accusation based on no evidence, claiming that Carrier probably has secret financial backers.

Vicious little cunt, I really hope someone like the zoom student does this to him one day.

https://i.imgur.com/k0axrQB.png
It's true. I convinced a secret cabal of Swiss bankers to donate the annual interests of one of Donald Trump's secret Swiss bank accounts (funded by Vladimir Putin of course) to Carrier's patron. Not because they're anti-SJW or MRAs, though, just because they don't like Myers and want to see him squirm.

That's right, PZ. There are powerful forces plotting against you, just because they hate you. It's high school all over again, and you're about to get an atomic wedgie.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7332
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1014

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: Cuntie 2017 Finals open for voting:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=538
Let the celebrations begin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg0O8CVGySo

Sunder
.
.
Posts: 3858
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1015

Post by Sunder »

Myers, you tit, I wouldn't throw a nickel at you or Carrier even if I was a good enough shot to aim square between the eyes. I don't think any other anti-SJWs are lining up to prop up a fifth-rate never-was either. I do think it's not out of the realm of possibility that Carrier has talked some sugar mama or her beta hubby into bankrolling his suit.

And just for the record if your whole gaggle of idiots loses to Richard Fucking Carrier, certified clownass, I'll bet even the judge would laugh you stupid fucks out of the room.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1016

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Far left, BLM-loving, white guilt self-loathing, hippie freak implores local city council to take down Ten Commandments monument, but can't help denigrating Christians, Whites and Southerners, or rambling on about genocide of native peoples, and turns a church-separation issue into a civil rights/diversity issue. Hemant the Friendly Atheist Pissy SJW thinks it was grand:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... n-meeting/

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1017

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: PZ Meyers throws around yet another nasty little accusation based on no evidence, claiming that Carrier probably has secret financial backers.

Vicious little cunt, I really hope someone like the zoom student does this to him one day.

https://i.imgur.com/k0axrQB.png
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: PZ Meyers throws around yet another nasty little accusation based on no evidence, claiming that Carrier probably has secret financial backers.

Vicious little cunt, I really hope someone like the zoom student does this to him one day.

https://i.imgur.com/k0axrQB.png
It's true. I convinced a secret cabal of Swiss bankers to donate the annual interests of one of Donald Trump's secret Swiss bank accounts (funded by Vladimir Putin of course) to Carrier's patron. Not because they're anti-SJW or MRAs, though, just because they don't like Myers and want to see him squirm.

That's right, PZ. There are powerful forces plotting against you, just because they hate you. It's high school all over again, and you're about to get an atomic wedgie.
I'm sure Carrier's legal costs are being underwritten by Amanda 'The Human Cum Rag' Metskas.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1018

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sunder wrote: And just for the record if your whole gaggle of idiots loses to Richard Fucking Carrier, certified clownass, I'll bet even the judge would laugh you stupid fucks out of the room.
When that dullard Lauren Lane excommunicated Carrier, she obviously didn't imagine her group grope with Dicky et al. would be made public record.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 7364
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1019

Post by Ape+lust »

Kirbmarc wrote: It's true. I convinced a secret cabal of Swiss bankers to donate the annual interests of one of Donald Trump's secret Swiss bank accounts (funded by Vladimir Putin of course) to Carrier's patron. Not because they're anti-SJW or MRAs, though, just because they don't like Myers and want to see him squirm.

That's right, PZ. There are powerful forces plotting against you, just because they hate you. It's high school all over again, and you're about to get an atomic wedgie.
:lol:

I like this bit:
Peez wrote:"...and makes us even happier that he packed up his bags and left."
Us? Almost everyone who joined FtB in the Great Schism / Atheism Plus era has since decided they'd be happier wherever Peez isn't.

There is no crowd of cohorts spitting "good riddance" at Carrier's back. They left before he did :lol:

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12971
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#1020

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

FTR, I'm not discussing trump on the main thread anymore.

Locked