Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Shatterface »

mike150160 wrote:
Shatterface wrote: Siddhartha Mukherjee
not as good: https://www.nature.com/articles/533178a
Shorter Matthew Cobb:
He should have written the book I wrote
and

I'm sure there is fascinating stuff about Neanderthals he could have included but there is also a lot of stuff about diseases that Cobb missed too.

It's almost as if oncologists are more interested in medicine and zoologists are more interested in other species.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:11 am

I am not aware of any comparison. Someone could have and I could have very easily missed it. So many things to do and only 24hours in a day.
I hear ya, #metoo, but in the meantime, I did some googling and apparently the comparison was made... and rejected.

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/comme ... r-homeland

Dissonance

Despite the Palestinian struggle for freedom, the Palestinian leadership in Ramallah has decided to oppose a Kurdish independent state, regardless of the similarities of their historic struggles. Many Palestinians, however, are aware of the dissonance, and several have sought to distance themselves from the government's decision.

"Purely on a personal level, I understand the Kurds, and believe they do deserve a state," Ghassan Khattib, a former minister and adviser to the late Arafat, told The New Arab. "If you ask ordinary Palestinians, you will also hear the same sentiment."

Still, the Palestinian position on Kurdish independence is not new. In 2015, before the issue of the referendum hit the wider Arab agenda, the Palestinians said no.

"Kurdish independence would be a poisoned sword against the Arabs," Saeb Erekat, a long-time peace negotiator and an adviser to President Mahmoud Abbas, told Al Arabiya. But the Palestinian leadership could not have approached this any differently, says Khalil Shikaki, a renowned political analyst and the leading pollster in Palestine.

"It is unthinkable that the Palestinians would go against a decision of the Arab League and support the break-up of an Arab state," Shikaki told The New Arab.

Shikaki also rejected any comparison between the Palestinian and the Kurdish struggles: "If we were talking about a hostile military occupation in Iraq, I would imagine the Palestinian people would be against it. But the perception here is that the Kurdish region is not controlled by an occupying army."
Textbook Arab tribalism. Because it's not just the Evil Whites who are tribal, you know. That's why I laugh every time I hear the idea of "muslim brotherhood" or that "there's no racism in islam" (Malcolm X believed that, clearly he hadn't understood islam very well). All alliances between muslims are conditional to a common non-muslim enemy, and even in those cases Shia and Sunni chose different sides with different non-muslim enemies.

But if you take away the non-muslim enemies muslims will find new and exciting ways to fight one another, and not just on religious basis, but on ethnic bases too: Arab vs. non-Arabs, Maghreb vs. Egypt, "brown" muslims vs. black muslims, etc.

One of the stupidest SocJus ideas, which is a result of the fact that the OscJus was developed in America by Americans, is to think that racism is only something that white people use against black people and brown people and Asians. In actual reality ALL groups are prejudices against other groups, or other subgroups (indeed in Europe different groups of "white people" are prejudiced against one another). Even judging from the "privilege+power" metric, racism is simply what people who happen to be in the majority/have control of institutions and resources to other groups.

KenD

Post by KenD »

shoutinghorse wrote: UK Labour, the all inclusive party of equality. :dance:
I'm triggered that they don't acknowledge the social construction of age and allow old farts who identify as kids to attend. Where's the "liberation caucus" for the trans-aged community?

I just hope they have a designated safe space like the Youth Labour AGM.

The leaders of the future.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote: Shit hit the fan at a Sacramento Science Fair. Try to keep your race realist robot from googling it.
His favorite word used at Princeton as well. His pet theory being tested in real life, without much support.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/prin ... 726e134b09

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Guest_d2e60302 wrote: Shit hit the fan at a Sacramento Science Fair. Try to keep your race realist robot from googling it.
If he's looking for intellectual support we could Steer some his way.
His favorite word used at Princeton as well. His pet theory being tested in real life, without much support.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/prin ... 726e134b09

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If he's looking for intellectual support we could Steer some his way.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

“Yes, we’ll respect freedom of speech. But we will also uphold our duty to limit speech that is likely to cause disruption to our students. No student should ever be made to feel that their race has anything to do with their ability to succeed.”
Your constitutional right ends where the other person's feelings begin.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

No student should ever be made to feel that their race has anything to do with their ability to succeed.”
Isn't that precisely what 'white privilege' is about - that success is entirely dependent on which race you happen to be born into?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Demographic data are hard to sort in the US, cuz we count 'hispanic' as an ethnicity but treat it as a race. But roughly, in Sacramento (counting only non-hispanic as white, and ignoring 'other' and mixed race):

Race ..... Pop ..... HISP Program
White .... 34.5% .... 61.6%
Hispanic.. 26.9% .... 16.0%
Asian ..... 17.8% .... 20.0%
Black ..... 14.6% .... 2.4%

Those disparities are so pronounced, especially for blacks, they argue against genetics as a primary cause. So you're left with culture. And since it's Verboten to disparage non-white culture, you're left with: Jim Crow did it.

The harsh reality is, black urban subculture sucks beyond belief, increasingly distancing blacks from the rest of society, even from other minorities.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote:
No student should ever be made to feel that their race has anything to do with their ability to succeed.”
Isn't that precisely what 'white privilege' is about - that success is entirely dependent on which race you happen to be born into?
Well, obviously "No student" does not include white students, who are all privileged shitlords tarnished with Original Sin.

feathers

Post by feathers »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:24 am
UK Labour, the all inclusive party of equality. :dance:
"Self-define" as coloured/disabled/lgbt/female? What could possibly go wrong.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote:
It's OK When They Do It.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Demographic data are hard to sort in the US, cuz we count 'hispanic' as an ethnicity but treat it as a race. But roughly, in Sacramento (counting only non-hispanic as white, and ignoring 'other' and mixed race):

Race ..... Pop ..... HISP Program
White .... 34.5% .... 61.6%
Hispanic.. 26.9% .... 16.0%
Asian ..... 17.8% .... 20.0%
Black ..... 14.6% .... 2.4%

Those disparities are so pronounced, especially for blacks, they argue against genetics as a primary cause. So you're left with culture. And since it's Verboten to disparage non-white culture, you're left with: Jim Crow did it.

The harsh reality is, black urban subculture sucks beyond belief, increasingly distancing blacks from the rest of society, even from other minorities.
If racism were the only case, how comes Asians are doing fine, even slightly better than their representation in society at large? It's not like Asians weren't heavily discriminated against in the US.

I'd like to see the same data, but done with percentages of levels of income and race cross-tabulated with levels of income.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Oglebart wrote:
In true Crocodile Dundee form " that's not a castle, this is a castle" This is one of the closest to me. Anyone know it? Without reverse image search?

http://www.devonweddingguide.com/edited ... 40-400.jpg
Not sure exactly where that is (I have no idea how to do 'reverse image') but at if I was to guess, somewhere in Southern or Midlands England.

I live in a county blessed with some lovely castles, here is a little montage. Please don't ask how often I visit them though, doorstep and all that. :oops:

https://i.imgur.com/Ef9ibJ5.png
https://i.imgur.com/L82F9RA.png

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I think I can identify Leeds (which is not in Leeds) & Walmer Castles...but am drawing a blank on the others.

Have you visited Barbara Castle lately?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

1st pic. Dover, Deal, Hever, Leeds.
2nd pic. Chiham, Rochester, Scotney, Tonbridge.

No I have never visited Barbara Castle, how desperate do you think I am? :?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

*Chilham (forgot the L) :roll:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Which one's New Castle where the brown ale comes from?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Shatterface wrote: Which one's New Castle where the brown ale comes from?
Newcastle Brown Ale comes from Yorkshire now.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

shoutinghorse wrote: No I have never visited Barbara Castle, how desperate do you think I am? :?
How about Windsor then?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Oglebart wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:36 am
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Shatterface wrote: The US and Canada are conspicuously short on castles. You guys really should have had a Middle Ages.
Alas, there is one that exists on the rock on which I dwell. Behold the following link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craigdarroch_Castle
In true Crocodile Dundee form " that's not a castle, this is a castle" This is one of the closest to me. Anyone know it? Without reverse image search?

I'd guess Castle of Moy on the Scottish north coast. Not certain, tho. I think the Queen Mother used to live there.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Oglebart wrote:
Shatterface wrote: The US and Canada are conspicuously short on castles. You guys really should have had a Middle Ages.
Alas, there is one that exists on the rock on which I dwell. Behold the following link:

I'd guess Castle of Moy on the Scottish north coast. Not certain, tho. I think the Queen Mother used to live there.
Having just does the most obvious bit of research, it ain't the Castle of Moy. Not heard of the actual answer.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

"Can we talk?" .... "NO, FUCK OFF YOU'RE A NAZI"

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oglebart wrote:

Powderham Castle. And I knew it before I saw the contents of the IMG tag, cos I visited it when on hols in Devon many, many years ago.

Nice place. Wouldn't mind living there meself. I think it was used for locations in The Remains of The Day. The Lord of the manor married a Yank woman, kind of like what Price Harry's doing.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Facciani spars quite reasonably with some of Peterson's views:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/accordingt ... -peterson/

Shem the Pen shows up to deliver some gaping cuntism.

(A few days old. Thanks, you-know-who-you-are, for not sharing the fun with the rest of us.)

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Course, Powderham is all very fancy, but it's far too pretty to be a proper castle.

Unlike my local one. A stark, functional, almost brutalist medieval keep; the outer defences comprise still-standing 3rd century Roman walls. Yes, my local castle is a hard cunt.

Usual caveat: no reverse image search allowed.

https://i.imgur.com/EHdKqMf.jpg

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Tigzy wrote:
Oglebart wrote:

Powderham Castle. And I knew it before I saw the contents of the IMG tag, cos I visited it when on hols in Devon many, many years ago.

Nice place. Wouldn't mind living there meself. I think it was used for locations in The Remains of The Day. The Lord of the manor married a Yank woman, kind of like what Price Harry's doing.
Well I got the Southern England bit right ;) ... I think you'll find there were plenty of 'Lord of the Manors' who married wealthy American heiresses back in the day. These old castles/stately homes were notoriously expensive to run and hooking an American magnates daughter was seen as an easy way to lessen the financial burden, it gave the wealthy Yank some kudos too having his family associated to a member of the British nobility, it was considered a win win arrangement. You never watched Downton Abbey?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tigzy wrote: The Lord of the manor married a Yank woman, kind of like what Price Harry's doing.
Every warm-blooded male appreciates a good yank.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tigzy wrote: The Lord of the manor married a Yank woman, kind of like what Price Harry's doing.
Jesus. Should've seen that one comi-

Never mind.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I watched IRONCLAD last nite, which featured Rochester castle and had a slew of good actors in it. Pity it had fuck all to do with what really happened, and the script was ripped off of some Spanish TV Novella series.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote: You never watched Downton Abbey?
Nope. Can't abide posh people. Far too snobby.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote: Start here:

Crochet Idolatry Among the #Resistance

concluding here:

Respectable Lawyer isn't wrong. Whatever Mueller does to the Trump administration there is a serious cultural problem that he can't fix. Its also hugely ironic that the guy is a republican, originally appointed by republican president, and appointed as special council by another republican appointee. The fact that Democrats lionize the guy while Republicans paint him as a tool of Hillary Clinton is an illustration of the problem. Whatever he ends up doing, its going to be understood in two mutually exclusive non-overlapping ways by both parties, bolstered by made up "facts" on whichever side is at greater variance to reality (probably the Republicans, but we'll see).

I do think his probe could do some good though. It could reinforce the idea that politicians have to live under the same laws as everyone else. That's an idea that seems to have fallen out of fashion since Nixon ordered a bunch of break ins by his personal thug squad and obstructed justice, and got off scot free thanks to Ford.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote: Which one's New Castle where the brown ale comes from?
The Newcastle near me has a Denny's.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Tigzy wrote:
Oglebart wrote:

First prize goes to Tigsy, give him a peanut!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote: Yank
Tigzy wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Jesus. Should've seen that one comi-

Never mind.
:-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Shatterface wrote: If he's looking for intellectual support we could Steer some his way.
:-) Obligatory quote of the late, great, Lenny Bruce
(“The words of the prophets
Are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls
And whispered in the sounds of silence”):
Are there any niggers here tonight? Could you turn on the house lights, please, and could the waiters and waitresses just stop serving, just for a second? And turn off this spot. Now what did he say? "Are there any niggers here tonight?" I know there's one nigger, because I see him back there working. Let's see, there's two niggers. And between those two niggers sits a kike. And there's another kike— that's two kikes and three niggers. And there's a spic. Right? Hmm? There's another spic. Ooh, there's a wop; there's a polack; and, oh, a couple of greaseballs. And there's three lace-curtain Irish micks. And there's one, hip, thick, hunky, funky, boogie. Boogie boogie. Mm-hmm. I got three kikes here, do I hear five kikes? I got five kikes, do I hear six spics, I got six spics, do I hear seven niggers? I got seven niggers. Sold American. I pass with seven niggers, six spics, five micks, four kikes, three guineas, and one wop. Well, I was just trying to make a point, and that is that it's the suppression of the word that gives it the power, the violence, the viciousness. Dig: if President Kennedy would just go on television, and say, "I would like to introduce you to all the niggers in my cabinet," and if he'd just say "nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger" to every nigger he saw, "boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie," "nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger" 'til nigger didn't mean anything anymore, then you could never make some six-year-old black kid cry because somebody called him a nigger at school.
"Amusing", in a sense, the parallels - analogies even - between the words "fuck" and "nigger", on the one hand, and "the F-word", and "the N-word", on the other.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:04 pm
Keating wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:59 pm
I'm drunk.

Not high on life? Bummer.
I'm high alright, but not on false drugs. I'm high on the real thing: powerful gasoline, a clean windshield, and a shoe shine...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Oglebart wrote:

Hatley, west of Victoria.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

OK. Guess where this one is then.
hatley castle.PNG
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 169 times

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Quick question, what's the HISP Program? I googled it and I don't think I got the right uh response.

CaptainFluffyBunny

rayshul wrote: Quick question, what's the HISP Program? I googled it and I don't think I got the right uh response.
http://www.ckmhisp.org/prospective_stud ... plying.htm
Honors high school program.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

rayshul wrote: Quick question, what's the HISP Program? I googled it and I don't think I got the right uh response.
Ah, I see. I don't see why there can't be a genetic element to it.

CaptainFluffyBunny

rayshul wrote:
Ah, I see. I don't see why there can't be a genetic element to it.
They had a similar sort of problem in my school district. They implemented a gifted program for the top 1% of students. They promised that it would be ability and grades only. But then they had a bit of a problem, as it was only diverse to the point of white and Asian students, with a single black student. They then tried to amend this by bringing in more diverse students. Now in it's third year, all the diversity students have dropped out. My youngest daughter informs me that it was painfully obvious who had been brought in to prop up the numbers and that it must have been embarrassing and painful for them.

They have since declared gifted programs racist, and have decided to spend the funds trying to bring the failing schools up to par. Now all the gifted students ate fleeing the district or attending private schools, further plummeting the school test score averages.

A bunch of us parents banded together to save the special gifted program to the end of this year, but now I'm faced with moving my younger two to a private school. Very expensive and a hell of a drive. Or I keep them in a school wherein they will cover the same material endlessly until the slowest member of the class understands said material.

They have abandoned the performing students in a vain attempt to save the lowest scorers. I volunteer at the school, and while the intelligence of minority students may be genetic, may be cultural and is most likely a mix, unless the culture of many black students changes it is a waste of time. They don't value learning, hold school in contempt and have zero desire for college or even a job. A surprising amount actually believe they are going to be a hip-hop or rap star. School is a day-care center where they go to hang out with their friends.

Unless people use science to understand the differences and problems, money will be shifted endlessly with dismal results. But even questioningtabla rasa out loud is a sin. Questioning black cultural standards is a sin. The only acceptable things are more money and white guilt ' Cause of racism.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

The problem isn't that the programs are racist, it's that the left is racist and must focus obsessively on things like skin colour and gender. It's toxic. I read an article that predicted how diversity students who weren't there for merit would suffer if they were made to perform at a level they weren't capable of - they'd drop out or start behaving like SJWs with demands they get special treatment, etc.

I have a low view of gifted and accelerated programs tho. It'd be better to encourage your kid to start their own business imho.

CaptainFluffyBunny

rayshul wrote: The problem isn't that the programs are racist, it's that the left is racist and must focus obsessively on things like skin colour and gender. It's toxic. I read an article that predicted how diversity students who weren't there for merit would suffer if they were made to perform at a level they weren't capable of - they'd drop out or start behaving like SJWs with demands they get special treatment, etc.

I have a low view of gifted and accelerated programs tho. It'd be better to encourage your kid to start their own business imho.
My youngest two do their own businesses. My youngest daughter makes study sheets and notecards with her friend to sell to less prepared students. My youngest boy is a forge monkey and learning to build knives with and for me, as my right arm has lost a lot of function. Older two are too busy, one with college and volunteering and the other stealing all the Raspberry Pi in the house and stringing wires and solder all over the rec room. He assures me that it will all work at some point. Step 3, profit.

School is boring enough, and it's worse without being challenged by the material. I really believe they are failing the students that really want to learn.

CaptainFluffyBunny

In one encouraging bit of news from the free speech front-my eldest is taking an American Government class in college. All her humanity courses so far have been blatant PoMo, regressive, SJW propaganda. Her American Government professor argued passionately to restrict "hate" speech in class, then they were to discuss on the online discussion board. But on the class discussion board every last student in her class was for free speech and the First Amendment protections.Even some nominal SJW types. It was very heartening.

Alright, sorry about the kid stuff. Back to your regularly scheduled holocaust.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: In one encouraging bit of news from the free speech front-my eldest is taking an American Government class in college. All her humanity courses so far have been blatant PoMo, regressive, SJW propaganda. Her American Government professor argued passionately to restrict "hate" speech in class, then they were to discuss on the online discussion board. But on the class discussion board every last student in her class was for free speech and the First Amendment protections.Even some nominal SJW types. It was very heartening.

Alright, sorry about the kid stuff. Back to your regularly scheduled holocaust.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x46oxz5

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Might be interesting but Brand will be out of his depth.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I'll take a wild guess ... It'll be shite. :|

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

shoutinghorse wrote: I'll take a wild guess ... It'll be shite. :|

The book was interesting, but I didn't think it was filmable. There's a lot of inner monologue and not a lot of dialogue and action. It's Lovecraftian cosmic horror. I hope it's good, but I don't think it's likely to be.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:33 pm

I have no idea why Brand is considered to be someone worth talking to. He's a moron pretending to be smart by using big words and fuzzy concepts. You might as well be interviewed by Alex Jones.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Rambonita! Toxic estrogen for the healing. :dance:

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Kirbmarc wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:33 pm

I have no idea why Brand is considered to be someone worth talking to. He's a moron pretending to be smart by using big words and fuzzy concepts. You might as well be interviewed by Alex Jones.
Over 12 million Twitter followers for a start, God knows why though.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Over 12 million Twitter followers for a start, God knows why though.
He's a celebrity (had a show to mock Big Brother, married Katy Perry, self-promoted like crazy, is a recovering addict, etc). People love celebrities more than "stuffy professors", and infotainment is a big business. Hell, being a celebrity was one of the reasons that got Trump elected.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Being a celebrity doesn't give you more chances of being more right or more clever than a random person in a bar. But you're famous so people listen to what you say. 90% of the time it's bullshit, but as long as it sounds nice to your target audience they don't really care.

John D

Post by John D »

and for something completely different. Here I am with a BAR! What a great weapon. I shot are really tight pattern using the bi pod.
26195409_10156091795334670_2177028401556999265_n.jpg
(107.31 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

John D wrote: and for something completely different. Here I am with a BAR! What a great weapon. I shot are really tight pattern using the bi pod.
26195409_10156091795334670_2177028401556999265_n.jpg
Sounds like a blast, wouldn't want to drag one around all day though.