There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Christ, Hawking's corpse is still warm, and the bashing has already started. Some dumb fuck at TFA bitching that calling him the "greatest" is somehow damaging to atheism. WTF.

"Misogynist" has been stripped of all sense & meaning by Socjus. Now equals: went to a strip club; said women are a mystery. Oh, and, didn't give your silently suffering wife enough credit:
Stephen Hawking is a misogynist; and also, quite possibly, a narcissist.

... when he became the youngest fellow of the Royal Society at 32, he made a speech, but he did not mention his wife ....

... he was a very ordinary husband ....

And the greatest crime of all, he compelled his wife to
[abandon] her scholarly ambitions — the medieval lyric poetry of the Iberian peninsula....
Think of how much better a place the world would be today, had the Missus been able to pursue her academic career instead of that virtual wife-beater.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2015/01/wha ... n-hawking/

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I went to a lap dance club and started drooling too. Should I get tested for ALS?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Hawking did some acting too: Star Trek: TNG, The Simpsons and that film where he played a Dutch tranny who collected fantastic beasts.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Christ, Hawking's corpse is still warm, and the bashing has already started. Some dumb fuck at TFA bitching that calling him the "greatest" is somehow damaging to atheism. WTF.

"Misogynist" has been stripped of all sense & meaning by Socjus. Now equals: went to a strip club; said women are a mystery. Oh, and, didn't give your silently suffering wife enough credit:
Stephen Hawking is a misogynist; and also, quite possibly, a narcissist.

... when he became the youngest fellow of the Royal Society at 32, he made a speech, but he did not mention his wife ....

... he was a very ordinary husband ....

And the greatest crime of all, he compelled his wife to
[abandon] her scholarly ambitions — the medieval lyric poetry of the Iberian peninsula....
Think of how much better a place the world would be today, had the Missus been able to pursue her academic career instead of that virtual wife-beater.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2015/01/wha ... n-hawking/
A Brief History of Crime.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

A Brief History of Slyme?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Shatterface wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:37 am
I went to a lap dance club and started drooling too. Should I get tested for ALS?

Bollocks. I thought he had MS, and now I can't make my "Misogynist Slyme" joke.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:37 am

Bollocks. I thought he had MS, and now I can't make my "Misogynist Slyme" joke.
You will have to be content with Alt Light Slyme.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

If you tear down greatness, then everyone can feel good aboit themselves, especially lazy, indulged, egomaniacal, third rate, self styled coffee house intellecuals

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hawking also appeared on Futurama.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Spike13 wrote: If you tear down greatness, then everyone can feel good aboit themselves, especially lazy, indulged, egomaniacal, third rate, self styled coffee house intellecuals
That hack, Jordan Peterson, talks often about the pomo intellectuals' resentment of anyone who actually produces shit:
... it seems to me that a tremendous amount of the motive power that drives the postmodernist. . . transformation seems to me to be driven by resentment about virtually anything that has any - well, what would you say - any merit of competence or aesthetic quality.
https://jordanbpeterson.com/transcripts/camille-paglia/

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Lsuoma wrote: Hawking also appeared on Futurama.
He also appeared on the 'Big Bang Theory' I only know this cos I've just seen it on the ITV News tribute to him. I can honestly say I have never watched more that aprox 15 seconds at any one time, that's how long it takes to find the remote and switch channels.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Lionel Shriver interview in The Standard:
Lionel Shriver is used to causing offence. As a novelist she has always chosen difficult subjects — from an ambivalent mother and her violent teenage son who carries out a high-school massacre in We Need to Talk About Kevin, to morbid obesity (based on Shriver’s own brother) in Big Brother. She is already anticipating being accused of cultural appropriation in her new collection of short stories, Property, due out next month. Loosely based on themes of territory and conflict, one of the stories features a black character and Shriver’s agent suggested she change the character’s ethnicity to white. Shriver refused.

The issue of cultural appropriation came to a head 18 months ago at the Brisbane Writers Festival, when Shriver gave a speech called Fiction and Identity Politics. Vehemently opposing the idea that novelists drawing on cultures other than their own constitutes identity theft, she asked, “Are we fiction writers to seek ‘permission’ to use a character from another race or culture, or to employ the vernacular of a group to which we don’t belong?” She might have got away with it had it not been for Yassmin Abdel-Magied, a Sudanese-Egyptian-Australian journalist who walked out mid-speech and wrote an emotive piece in The Guardian, which described Shriver’s speech as “a poisoned package wrapped up in arrogance and delivered with condescension”.

“So now, of course, my agent said, ‘After you stuck your neck out on this cultural appropriation nonsense, anything you write is going to be heavily scrutinised and if I submit this story to a magazine and they turn it down, we won’t know whether it’s because you had the gall to include a black character’. The magazine in question, The New Yorker, did turn it down though they didn’t give a reason why.

Crucially, the 60 year-old believes that accusations of cultural appropriation are stifling creativity and imagination. “It introduces a sense of self-conciousness. White writers in particular are now anxious about including characters from different backgrounds and races. If you do make a character, say, black, they are going to be scrutinised. They can’t adhere to any stereotype — that’s not so bad, actually — but we don’t need the pressures of identity politics to get rid of stereotypes. We just need good literary criticism and original sensibilities. This sense that someone’s looking over my shoulder when I’m writing is the worst thing that can happen.”

She’s the first to concede she is wilful. “But I’ve never set out to offend people. And I’m not going to pull back from a subject because it has the potential to ruffle feathers.” She imagines there must be other more cautious writers than her — not hard to imagine — who are “self-editing up a storm”.

Is it important to offend? “Yes. Take female genital mutilation,” she says. “If you’re going to stick up for the right of little girls not to have their genitals chopped into bits, you have to risk offending communities where it has been a tradition for generations.

“There have been so many instances of this right not to be offended deriving from Muslim communities, for whom it is profoundly against the law to insult their religion. Combined with the threat of terrorism, everybody is increasingly afraid to give offence, particularly to Islam and it just seems like asking for trouble. This movement is partly being driven by the diversity of western life. What we’ve been calling minorities — groups of people with very different ways of thinking — are becoming a large part of our society. It’s especially a problem with the Muslim failure to integrate, which makes everything incredibly touchy, but is also increasingly leading to a general calcification of the public discourse.”

Shriver, who grew up in a religious household in North Carolina, which “inoculated me against religion for ever” is not the first to argue that the right to give offence is one of the very foundations of freedom of speech. “We’re moving in the direction of enshrining the right not to be offended, which is the end of liberty and certainly the end of good books.”

A member of the awkward squad from an early age, Shriver famously changed her name from Margaret to Lionel when she was 15. Growing up between two brothers, she wanted to be more like her father than her mother. “And I suppose that if all those things had been the same but it had been today, my parents might have been concerned that maybe I should become a boy instead of just being a tomboy, and I’m glad that that didn’t happen, not because I’m so attached to being female — I’m not. I don’t think it matters whether I’m male or female very much, which is one reason I feel distanced from the #MeToo movement”.

She later says that while #MeToo started in “a good place”, there’s become too much “line blurring between sexual harassment and just poor taste”.

Nor does she feel like “a woman” much of the time. “My sense of self when I’m on my own and not in social situations isn’t gendered. What upsets me about our most recent obsession with transsexuality and having to fit yourself on the gender spectrum, is that it’s not the answer to identity; it’s an impediment. The spectrum is based on stereotypes, and that’s my problem with, say, a young man who decides he feels like he’s ‘really a woman’. What does that mean? I don’t feel like a woman, and I am one.

“Does it mean that you’re soft, nurturing, kind, understanding and empathetic? That you’re not aggressive, strong, forceful, brave and stoic?” she continues, heatedly. “I’m all for women who feel comfortable being aggressive and opinionated, but we don’t have to say that’s being ‘mannish’”.

And that’s an interesting point since, in spite of her petite frame and long hair, there’s something, dare I say, mannish about her: the deep voice, unflinching gaze and direct manner. Or perhaps that only proves her point. As for the word “cisgender” (a person who identifies with their biological sex), Shriver calls it “linguistic abortion”. “It’s one of the creepiest words I’ve heard, a deliberate denormalisation of the normal. All it means is that when you’re born a woman you think you are one.”
https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/bo ... 88541.html?

I think I'm developing a crush.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

National Geocatholic goes full White Guilt mode:

National Geographic: 'Our coverage was racist'

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43384747

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ is angry with people throwing around loose labels.

He would like them to wear a publicly visible badge.

He is such a Nazi.
It would be so useful if bad people were walking around with a great big neon “L” for loser attached to their heads — it would make it easier to avoid them. Unfortunately, they don’t. They’re not that stupid that they’d advertise their loserhood.

Or are they?

For years now I’ve noticed a very handy written/oral flag some of the bad agents willingly throw out there: it’s two magic words, “cultural Marxism”. Trust me on this, anytime someone starts babbling about cultural Marxism, the Frankfurt school, white genocide, any of that crap, you’ve got ’em pegged: they’re neo-Nazi ninnies. If, like me, you’re still confused about why you’re getting called a cultural Marxist in the first place, here’s an excellent overview of the history of the term. Bonus points for a cool deep German accent.

One thing briefly mentioned in the video is that the ninnies are beginning to realize that the words “cultural Marxism” is a give-away, and that they can’t even define it or explain the evidence behind the concept, so they’re transitioning to a new term: “post-modernism”. It’s the root of all evil, don’t you know. Of course, they can’t explain that one, either, but they trust that no one wants to be labeled with it, so they’re going for it. Also, the word has another useful property, in that it actually is a real thing, unlike “cultural Marxism”, and it has a real and useful meaning that is understood by people who actually use the concept, so it’s going to be harder to sort out. Not everyone who says “post-modernism” is a crank, just the ones who use it as a synonym for degenerate cultural practices and say it with a sneer.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Shatterface wrote: Lionel Shriver interview in The Standard:
And that’s an interesting point since, in spite of her petite frame and long hair, there’s something, dare I say, mannish about her: the deep voice, unflinching gaze and direct manner. Or perhaps that only proves her point. As for the word “cisgender” (a person who identifies with their biological sex), Shriver calls it “linguistic abortion”. “It’s one of the creepiest words I’ve heard, a deliberate denormalisation of the normal. All it means is that when you’re born a woman you think you are one.”
In other words (gasp) normal.

She is a sane voice in the triggered wilderness, it seems.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Zinnia went and did it. No one can ever say something dumber.
Important:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Spike13 wrote: If you tear down greatness, then everyone can feel good aboit themselves, especially lazy, indulged, egomaniacal, third rate, self styled coffee house intellecuals
That hack, Jordan Peterson, talks often about the pomo intellectuals' resentment of anyone who actually produces shit:
... it seems to me that a tremendous amount of the motive power that drives the postmodernist. . . transformation seems to me to be driven by resentment about virtually anything that has any - well, what would you say - any merit of competence or aesthetic quality.
https://jordanbpeterson.com/transcripts/camille-paglia/
You know - Saying "Jelly, much?" in so many words does seem a bit hackneyed. But when he's right, he's right. (And when he's wrong further discussion is not really warranted).

By the way your 'Springstone' vid recommendation led me down a rabbit hole and to the following quotation by Robert Anson Wilson:

"There must be some evolutionary advantage to stupidity otherwise there would not be so much of it about".

(Or words to that effect).

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: National Geocatholic goes full White Guilt mode:

National Geographic: 'Our coverage was racist'

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43384747
Didn't Murdoch just buy that shit? I thought that meant reporters were issued pith bwana helmets and black porters. Africa would return to being called the "dark continent" and east Asia would become "inscrutable" again. If Murdoch can't stop SJW infestations, there's no hope for anyone.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lauren has struck gold.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3Alou ... w&src=typd

At any rate, scrowder was suspended for 12 hours, apparently for posting this video, that YT took down and someone has reposted.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lauren performed very well in her segment. :clap:

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

RE: Lauren Southern

Firstly I think the decision to refuse her entry was wrong.

But having said that, everyone who usually froths about 'enforcing our borders' is suddenly quite against the enforcement of borders. Or is it just enforce them when it's a muslim? -they have to understand this is how it looks to regular folk.

Also I'd like to know exactly what got her flagged- was it the Allah is gay thing? Or was it her association with those dumbass boat stunt twits?

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

DrokkIt wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:25 pm

But having said that, everyone who usually froths about 'enforcing our borders' is suddenly quite against the enforcement of borders. Or is it just enforce them when it's a muslim? -they have to understand this is how it looks to regular folk.

Also I'd like to know exactly what got her flagged- was it the Allah is gay thing? Or was it her association with those dumbass boat stunt twits?
Around 9 minutes into it, she says the explanation they gave her directly cited the Allah is gay stuff.

Quite a nice comparison between her and Vice, Allah and Jesus at 10 min in, Vice did something similar but with Jesus.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

DrokkIt wrote: RE: Lauren Southern

Don’t be silly with the ironic equivalence.

She was entering legally.
She had precooked accommodation etc
She had all her papers in order
She had no criminal record
She had no know ties to terrorism

And they used section 7 terrorism act to detain her and then explicitly banned her for racism because she had criticised an ideology.

Bit different to a returning jihadist or a sub Saharan who has thrown away their papers (if they ever had them) to suck on the western tax teat.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: Jesus fucking Christ. Would you ‘ave a read of this.

Somehow I seriously doubt Southern admitted to handing out “racist” materials. But seriously. Luton? Place should be nuked.

Well there's this.

But...

COH ID = COH ID ?
United Kingdomz ?
And it's addressed to 'Lauren Cherie Southern' which (to my knowledge) is not the name on her passport.

I'm going to wait for verification...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Minted the 'Unted'.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Around 9 minutes into it, she says the explanation they gave her directly cited the Allah is gay stuff.

Quite a nice comparison between her and Vice, Allah and Jesus at 10 min in, Vice did something similar but with Jesus.

Here's the thing- I've listened to her explain events to Sargon and Tommy Robinson, and in both cases the understanding I got was that she got border flagged, held for a while, then another agency steeped in - she very clearly said she thought they were digging up the Allah is gay stuff whilst she was being held.

So if that is true, then it won't be why she is flagged. Maybe I misunderstood but I very much got the above impression form her interviews.

Brive: I was making about point about how regular folk will react and the kind of things I'm seeing people say. Sure it's ironic,we know that, but for many it makes people like Robinson look a hypocrite.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

DrokkIt wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:04 pm

Here's the thing- I've listened to her explain events to Sargon and Tommy Robinson, and in both cases the understanding I got was that she got border flagged, held for a while, then another agency steeped in - she very clearly said she thought they were digging up the Allah is gay stuff whilst she was being held.

So if that is true, then it won't be why she is flagged. Maybe I misunderstood but I very much got the above impression form her interviews.

Brive: I was making about point about how regular folk will react and the kind of things I'm seeing people say. Sure it's ironic,we know that, but for many it makes people like Robinson look a hypocrite.
Interesting. That could be, but if they won't admit to that, how would anyone know, if they say it was that her statements allah is gay are racist and even terroristic, why not take them at their word which would indicate how farcical it was?

Southern has at least to react to what they claim is their cause or else she looks like a conspiracy theorist. And since what they say is so nutty, why not react to that if only to goad them into admitting any other reasons they have?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You just knew the little dumpling wouldn't be able to resist this. For all that he has spent years bleating about YouTube comments, how they're a cesspool, switching them off on his videos...now he has them back on, and has even done an entire video replrying to the replies! Times must be bad if he is this desperate for a little controversy these days. Oh where are you now, pink rabbit? How we miss thee.

https://i.imgur.com/fuWc9Hf.png

Really?

Post by Really? »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You just knew the little dumpling wouldn't be able to resist this. For all that he has spent years bleating about YouTube comments, how they're a cesspool, switching them off on his videos...now he has them back on, and has even done an entire video replrying to the replies! Times must be bad if he is this desperate for a little controversy these days. Oh where are you now, pink rabbit? How we miss thee.

https://i.imgur.com/fuWc9Hf.png

Oh my god. The insert at :50. Wow. I actually feel bad for PZ. He's trying to be like YouTubers who are 40 years younger than he is.

And what a compelling personality.

At least the close-up HD footage of PZ's face will look good in a parody video of The Shape of Water, in which PZ finally gets to fuck a sea creature.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987 wrote:

Don’t be silly with the ironic equivalence.

She was entering legally.
She had precooked accommodation etc
She had all her papers in order
She had no criminal record
She had no know ties to terrorism

And they used section 7 terrorism act to detain her and then explicitly banned her for racism because she had criticised an ideology.

Bit different to a returning jihadist or a sub Saharan who has thrown away their papers (if they ever had them) to suck on the western tax teat.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Brive1987 wrote: Lauren has struck gold.

I believe what is happening is that the Powers That Be are seeing the writing on the wall and are trying to head it off. Basically, what I believe is going to happen at some point in the future is the kind of anti-muslim lynching you see in India

So far so good?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Really? wrote: Zinnia went and did it. No one can ever say something dumber.
Important:
https://media1.tenor.com/images/e83efff ... id=9450407

I remember when Zinnia wrote a weird tweet in which s/h/it seemed to imply that s/h/it thought that ISIS was rescuing gays from suicide, not throwing them off rooftops. I chalked it up to "edgy" humor, but maybe s/h/it is actually just the stupidest person in the entire SocJus.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote: Lionel Shriver interview in The Standard:
Lionel Shriver is used to causing offence. As a novelist she has always chosen difficult subjects — from an ambivalent mother and her violent teenage son who carries out a high-school massacre in We Need to Talk About Kevin, to morbid obesity (based on Shriver’s own brother) in Big Brother. She is already anticipating being accused of cultural appropriation in her new collection of short stories, Property, due out next month. Loosely based on themes of territory and conflict, one of the stories features a black character and Shriver’s agent suggested she change the character’s ethnicity to white. Shriver refused.

The issue of cultural appropriation came to a head 18 months ago at the Brisbane Writers Festival, when Shriver gave a speech called Fiction and Identity Politics. Vehemently opposing the idea that novelists drawing on cultures other than their own constitutes identity theft, she asked, “Are we fiction writers to seek ‘permission’ to use a character from another race or culture, or to employ the vernacular of a group to which we don’t belong?” She might have got away with it had it not been for Yassmin Abdel-Magied, a Sudanese-Egyptian-Australian journalist who walked out mid-speech and wrote an emotive piece in The Guardian, which described Shriver’s speech as “a poisoned package wrapped up in arrogance and delivered with condescension”.

“So now, of course, my agent said, ‘After you stuck your neck out on this cultural appropriation nonsense, anything you write is going to be heavily scrutinised and if I submit this story to a magazine and they turn it down, we won’t know whether it’s because you had the gall to include a black character’. The magazine in question, The New Yorker, did turn it down though they didn’t give a reason why.

Crucially, the 60 year-old believes that accusations of cultural appropriation are stifling creativity and imagination. “It introduces a sense of self-conciousness. White writers in particular are now anxious about including characters from different backgrounds and races. If you do make a character, say, black, they are going to be scrutinised. They can’t adhere to any stereotype — that’s not so bad, actually — but we don’t need the pressures of identity politics to get rid of stereotypes. We just need good literary criticism and original sensibilities. This sense that someone’s looking over my shoulder when I’m writing is the worst thing that can happen.”

She’s the first to concede she is wilful. “But I’ve never set out to offend people. And I’m not going to pull back from a subject because it has the potential to ruffle feathers.” She imagines there must be other more cautious writers than her — not hard to imagine — who are “self-editing up a storm”.

Is it important to offend? “Yes. Take female genital mutilation,” she says. “If you’re going to stick up for the right of little girls not to have their genitals chopped into bits, you have to risk offending communities where it has been a tradition for generations.

“There have been so many instances of this right not to be offended deriving from Muslim communities, for whom it is profoundly against the law to insult their religion. Combined with the threat of terrorism, everybody is increasingly afraid to give offence, particularly to Islam and it just seems like asking for trouble. This movement is partly being driven by the diversity of western life. What we’ve been calling minorities — groups of people with very different ways of thinking — are becoming a large part of our society. It’s especially a problem with the Muslim failure to integrate, which makes everything incredibly touchy, but is also increasingly leading to a general calcification of the public discourse.”

Shriver, who grew up in a religious household in North Carolina, which “inoculated me against religion for ever” is not the first to argue that the right to give offence is one of the very foundations of freedom of speech. “We’re moving in the direction of enshrining the right not to be offended, which is the end of liberty and certainly the end of good books.”

A member of the awkward squad from an early age, Shriver famously changed her name from Margaret to Lionel when she was 15. Growing up between two brothers, she wanted to be more like her father than her mother. “And I suppose that if all those things had been the same but it had been today, my parents might have been concerned that maybe I should become a boy instead of just being a tomboy, and I’m glad that that didn’t happen, not because I’m so attached to being female — I’m not. I don’t think it matters whether I’m male or female very much, which is one reason I feel distanced from the #MeToo movement”.

She later says that while #MeToo started in “a good place”, there’s become too much “line blurring between sexual harassment and just poor taste”.

Nor does she feel like “a woman” much of the time. “My sense of self when I’m on my own and not in social situations isn’t gendered. What upsets me about our most recent obsession with transsexuality and having to fit yourself on the gender spectrum, is that it’s not the answer to identity; it’s an impediment. The spectrum is based on stereotypes, and that’s my problem with, say, a young man who decides he feels like he’s ‘really a woman’. What does that mean? I don’t feel like a woman, and I am one.

“Does it mean that you’re soft, nurturing, kind, understanding and empathetic? That you’re not aggressive, strong, forceful, brave and stoic?” she continues, heatedly. “I’m all for women who feel comfortable being aggressive and opinionated, but we don’t have to say that’s being ‘mannish’”.

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/bo ... 88541.html?

I think I'm developing a crush.
Honorary Pitter.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I think Lauren can be a bit of an airhead at times, and I don't agree with all of her views, but there's something about her which means I tend to watch quite a lot of videos of her.

Don't know why, tho.

;)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The decision to refuse Southern entry was wrong, but Southern and the other ethno-nationalists are only poisoning the waters of a much-needed debate on islam as a religion and on its negative consequences in liberal democratic societies. Not to mention nutters like Katie Hopkins saying that Southern not being let in is "putting white conservative women" in danger like black rhinos.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: PZ is angry with people throwing around loose labels.

He is such a Nazi.
It would be so useful if bad people were walking around with a great big neon “L” for loser attached to their heads — it would make it easier to avoid them. Unfortunately, they don’t. They’re not that stupid that they’d advertise their loserhood.

Or are they?

For years now I’ve noticed a very handy written/oral flag some of the bad agents willingly throw out there: it’s two magic words, “cultural Marxism”. Trust me on this, anytime someone starts babbling about cultural Marxism, the Frankfurt school, white genocide, any of that crap, you’ve got ’em pegged: they’re neo-Nazi ninnies. If, like me, you’re still confused about why you’re getting called a cultural Marxist in the first place, here’s an excellent overview of the history of the term. Bonus points for a cool deep German accent.

One thing briefly mentioned in the video is that the ninnies are beginning to realize that the words “cultural Marxism” is a give-away, and that they can’t even define it or explain the evidence behind the concept, so they’re transitioning to a new term: “post-modernism”. It’s the root of all evil, don’t you know. Of course, they can’t explain that one, either, but they trust that no one wants to be labeled with it, so they’re going for it. Also, the word has another useful property, in that it actually is a real thing, unlike “cultural Marxism”, and it has a real and useful meaning that is understood by people who actually use the concept, so it’s going to be harder to sort out. Not everyone who says “post-modernism” is a crank, just the ones who use it as a synonym for degenerate cultural practices and say it with a sneer.
Some people would have to wear a publicly visible badge, but PZ Myers will always have to sound like PZ Myers. I don't know what's the unlucky one.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:04 pm

Interesting. That could be, but if they won't admit to that, how would anyone know, if they say it was that her statements allah is gay are racist and even terroristic, why not take them at their word which would indicate how farcical it was?

Southern has at least to react to what they claim is their cause or else she looks like a conspiracy theorist. And since what they say is so nutty, why not react to that if only to goad them into admitting any other reasons they have?
It's why I said "I'd like to know exactly why Southern got flagged" - I'm going on the impression she gave me of what happened in her own words.

Whatever you views of border security, the reality is that tightening it up will mean more and more of this kind of thing happening.

Campaigning for increased security and then complaining about it, whatever comparative analysis one might like to do regarding why someone is on a watch list, is inconsistent. The security guard sees a red flag so they detain, they don't make a moral decision based on their personal assessment of the person in question. Such forces are blunt instruments and we have to expect them to act as such.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Kirbmarc wrote:

The decision to refuse Southern entry was wrong, but Southern and the other ethno-nationalists are only poisoning the waters of a much-needed debate on islam as a religion and on its negative consequences in liberal democratic societies. Not to mention nutters like Katie Hopkins saying that Southern not being let in is "putting white conservative women" in danger like black rhinos.
I am 100% against her having been refused entry for anti-islamic speech. However the statement "she did nothing wrong" is contingent on knowing why she was flagged. We don't know that, and (as I have said) the impression she gives me is that the Allah =gay thing was cooked up while she was being detained.

What if the authorities have good reason for her to be on watch list? I.e. basic questions as to what we know about this.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

DrokkIt wrote: I am 100% against her having been refused entry for anti-islamic speech. However the statement "she did nothing wrong" is contingent on knowing why she was flagged. We don't know that, and (as I have said) the impression she gives me is that the Allah =gay thing was cooked up while she was being detained.

What if the authorities have good reason for her to be on watch list? I.e. basic questions as to what we know about this.
I actually did some quick research and it looks like two possible reasons for her to be on a watch list are a) the stunt with flares that she apparently fired to stop a NGO boat rescuing refugees (which was a dick move, but seems unlikely to have been defined as terrorism) and b) her association with Generation Europe, a group which might have been put on a terrorist watch list due to, apparently (and I'm finding this out just now) a story about a paramilitary camp in France associated with a Generation Europe founding member (this seems more likely to be have raised flags, if true).

This is pure speculation at the moment of course.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Jesus H Christ!! He looks as if he's been sleeping in cardboard box for six months. :shock:

https://i.imgur.com/PWA8MNo.png

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

There's something fishy about his cam-whoredom. Search his twitter timeline for "crohn's" and up through 2016 he's like: "Ow, ow, OWWW, I gots the Crohn's! Pity me, I'm genetically oppressed!"

After 2016, he's like:

https://imgur.com/dlJgf6N.jpg

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Kirbmarc wrote:
DrokkIt wrote: I am 100% against her having been refused entry for anti-islamic speech. However the statement "she did nothing wrong" is contingent on knowing why she was flagged. We don't know that, and (as I have said) the impression she gives me is that the Allah =gay thing was cooked up while she was being detained.

I actually did some quick research and it looks like two possible reasons for her to be on a watch list are a) the stunt with flares that she apparently fired to stop a NGO boat rescuing refugees (which was a dick move, but seems unlikely to have been defined as terrorism) and b) her association with Generation Europe, a group which might have been put on a terrorist watch list due to, apparently (and I'm finding this out just now) a story about a paramilitary camp in France associated with a Generation Europe founding member (this seems more likely to be have raised flags, if true).

Right, so do you see the point I'm thinking about here- if it in fact transpires she was flagged due to involvement with what the UK gov understands to be a terrorist group (big if), then it was right for her to be detained (i.e. not refused entry, that should have been cleared up). How many times has some islamic terrorist done something awful, only for the authorities to reveal they knew he had an association with a terror group?

What is the government supposed to do here?

And to re-state for anyone not sure, I only think her flagging may have been for reasons other than anti-islamic speech because that is what she suggested in her interview. The whole thing seems off to me, but I'm not going to jump to conclusion of "slag off muslims = get put on terror watchlist" until that is evidenced. It may well be the case, but I'd like to know.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

DrokkIt wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:26 pm

Whatever you views of border security, the reality is that tightening it up will mean more and more of this kind of thing happening.

Campaigning for increased security and then complaining about it, whatever comparative analysis one might like to do regarding why someone is on a watch list, is inconsistent. The security guard sees a red flag so they detain, they don't make a moral decision based on their personal assessment of the person in question. Such forces are blunt instruments and we have to expect them to act as such.
No. Southern's activism thus far has been partly about preventing terrorism, so the use of emergency anti-terror legislation is unjustified no matter how in favour of tightened border controls you are. People are not campaigning for border security for some ill-defined reason, they are doing it because of the influx of a particular group of people with some very regressive ideas. Being in favour of tightened border controls doesn't necessarily make one in favour of incompetent political buffoonery. From what Southern said, it sounds as if the police were almost apologetic for what they were having to do. And to top it all off, border controls have not been tightened for the fuckers who no sane policy would allow entry.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

shoutinghorse wrote: Jesus H Christ!! He looks as if he's been sleeping in cardboard box for six months. :shock:

https://i.imgur.com/PWA8MNo.png
He's afraid if Bubblicious starts a human centipede she'll forget to pick him first. So now he's the world's dullest video star.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Important:
https://media1.tenor.com/images/e83efff ... id=9450407

I remember when Zinnia wrote a weird tweet in which s/h/it seemed to imply that s/h/it thought that ISIS was rescuing gays from suicide, not throwing them off rooftops. I chalked it up to "edgy" humor, but maybe s/h/it is actually just the stupidest person in the entire SocJus.
Didn't Zinnia once tweet a question on whether it was in bad taste for him to do one of his "sexy Zinnia" pics in front of the 9/11 memorial?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:

No. Southern's activism thus far has been partly about preventing terrorism, so the use of emergency anti-terror legislation is unjustified no matter how in favour of tightened border controls you are. People are not campaigning for border security for some ill-defined reason, they are doing it because of the influx of a particular group of people with some very regressive ideas. Being in favour of tightened border controls doesn't necessarily make one in favour of incompetent political buffoonery. From what Southern said, it sounds as if the police were almost apologetic for what they were having to do. And to top it all off, border controls have not been tightened for the fuckers who no sane policy would allow entry.
It may well have been about preventing terrorism as far as she is concerned, but, as evidenced, a government can see it differently. I'm not "in favour of incompetent political buffonery", but I do think this is what we will get -and that may well be a price worth paying.

ThreeFlangedJavis

DrokkIt wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:59 pm
Kirbmarc wrote:

Right, so do you see the point I'm thinking about here- if it in fact transpires she was flagged due to involvement with what the UK gov understands to be a terrorist group (big if), then it was right for her to be detained (i.e. not refused entry, that should have been cleared up). How many times has some islamic terrorist done something awful, only for the authorities to reveal they knew he had an association with a terror group?

What is the government supposed to do here?

And to re-state for anyone not sure, I only think her flagging may have been for reasons other than anti-islamic speech because that is what she suggested in her interview. The whole thing seems off to me, but I'm not going to jump to conclusion of "slag off muslims = get put on terror watchlist" until that is evidenced. It may well be the case, but I'd like to know.
OK, Lauren Southern was a possible threat to security and they just had to stop her. Now if they could only find the time to do something about those Jihadis next. This was not the authorities cleaning up their act.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Somebody got too real for a second. Better frisk him before you let him into any venue with Peterson in it.

https://imgur.com/w0yO5LM.jpg

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: OK, Lauren Southern was a possible threat to security and they just had to stop her. Now if they could only find the time to do something about those Jihadis next. This was not the authorities cleaning up their act.
They may well consider her one. Why does everyone think stricter measures brought in to deal with a particular threat or problem won't be used on everyone?

Like I said, the minute those powers are there, they will be used. We've had far right terrorism here, same as islamist. Should a watch list overlook one because the other is a bigger problem?

I've associated with some anarchist types (the ones the police infiltrated) and despite never having been one of them I'd not be surprised if it came up at a border check to be perfectly honest - it's how it works. Not saying this is a good thing.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: Lauren performed very well in her segment. :clap:
You wish she'd perform on your segment.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: Lauren performed very well in her segment. :clap:
You wish she'd perform on your segment.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Really? wrote:

Oh my god. The insert at :50. Wow. I actually feel bad for PZ. He's trying to be like YouTubers who are 40 years younger than he is.
The effect is somewhat spoiled by him not editing out the old-man lip smack at the start of that insert. He looks like a college professor who has just imagined what could happen if his classroom suddenly flooded while all the students were in it.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Lauren Southern has been in and out of the UK many many times, she has never had any problem with the border force, as far as I understand she has never been questioned on entry of her intentions or reasons for visiting, don't forget she was in Scotland just last November covering Count Dankula's court case. This has nothing whatsoever to do with her actions in highlighting the corrupt NGO boats ferrying illegal migrants to Italy, if so then why wasn't she stopped back in November. No, this, in my opinion has everything to do with a recent government announcement to get tough on what they call "Far-Right" extremism. The same reason that Jayda Fransen & Paul Golding of Britain First were jailed for what is essentially a public order offence (fine & bind over normally) They see Tommy Robinson as a hate preacher for speaking the inconvenient truth and anyone associated with him must be the same.
I don't consider Southern, Pettibone or Sellner as 'Far Right' extremists, right wing conservatives yes but just look how our state broadcaster the so called unbiased BBC reported it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-43393035

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Allah isn't gay, but Mo is gender fluid in the new Jesus-n-Mo.

http://www.jesusandmo.net/comic/fluid/

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Brive1987 wrote: PZ is angry with people throwing around loose labels.

He is such a Nazi.

Or are they?

Standard Marxism is the belief that an individuals relationship to the society he/she lives in is determined by that person relationship to the economy of that society.

Standard Cultural Marxism is the belief that an individuals relationship to the society he/she lives in is determined by that person's relationship to the economy dominant culture of that society.

Therefore, Cultural Marxism is a bullshit term. Nothing to do with anything. Made-up meaningless nazi term.

ThreeFlangedJavis

DrokkIt wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:16 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:

It may well have been about preventing terrorism as far as she is concerned, but, as evidenced, a government can see it differently. I'm not "in favour of incompetent political buffonery", but I do think this is what we will get -and that may well be a price worth paying.
Price worth paying for what? It isn't as if there are any signs of a crackdown on the people who need to be cracked down on. Obviously they did not have sufficient evidence to reject her on terrorism grounds or they would have done it. So why did they not let her in if they could not find the evidence? Punishing Southern for the wrong politics and kowtowing to Islam is right in line with SOP for the UK authorities, so why look for reasons beyond the obvious. What have the authorities done to deserve benefit of the doubt?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:16 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:

Price worth paying for what? It isn't as if there are any signs of a crackdown on the people who need to be cracked down on. Obviously they did not have sufficient evidence to reject her on terrorism grounds or they would have done it. So why did they not let her in if they could not find the evidence? Punishing Southern for the wrong politics and kowtowing to Islam is right in line with SOP for the UK authorities, so why look for reasons beyond the obvious. What have the authorities done to deserve benefit of the doubt?
They have done nothing to deserve the benefit of the doubt.

A claim is being made which requires proof. Perhaps you are convinced by how it seems to be, however I am less convinced and merely think we ought to know for sure *why* she got flagged before we run with any narrative. Unless you think that "uk gov putting conservative on terror list for blasphemy" isn't a narrative, however I think that it is- one that is very convenient to the far right nationalists.

A government doesn't necessarily make the same moral judgements you or I might make, which is why I distrust it and distrust giving it extend state-of-exception powers. I think those powers will be abused or mis-used as we have seen. A *that* is what I think may be a price we need to pay, if we are in agreement that islamist extremism needs dealing with. I suspect we indeed on the same page with that at least.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Occam's razor says that if she was flagged for terrorism she would be banned for said terrorist ties. She was banned (in writing) for saying Allah is gay.

Hanlon's razor says the British are bumbling fools who will be slowly steamrollered into oblivion.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 00-h268-nc

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hey UK people’s.

If I see a price online for, oh say a domestic professional membership, is it implicit that VAT is inc or ex?

Is VAT applied to such items?