There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Ape+lust »

shoutinghorse wrote: Becky's taking no shit in da hood. :naughty:

Looks like these Alpha Bitch stories are going to be a daily thing. Her friends truly enjoy being bullshitted.

So, with new details provided, we learn:

She kicked a 15-18 year old boy (likely in the nuts). Then out-biked the angry kid. While dragging a dog trailer. With Indy in it.

And it weren't no thang, she's endured worse "urban crime" (she said while huffing the last of the farts trapped in her pants leg).

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

She's probably a good 140 pounds and can get away with kicking a small 15 yo boy. An 18 yo will fuck up your shit, especially if there are more than one. Better be careful there, Rebecca.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:29 pm
Women are fighting back against the transwomen, but it's still about men.
That is seriously funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

A spectrum of trannies? A rainbow?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Bhurzum wrote:
What is the correct collective terminology for a group of trans women?
A bedlam.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Bhurzum wrote:
A clusterfuck?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Tory MP faces ‘sinister’ inquiry

The parliamentary commissioner for standards has launched an investigation into a Tory MP after he held an event with feminists who are opposed to planned transgender legislation.

David Davies, MP for Monmouth, called the inquiry “sinister” and “unbelievable” and said parliamentary rules were being “abused” by transgender activists to deny freedom of speech.

Members of the We Need To Talk group say potential legal changes allowing people born male to “self-identify” as women will threaten biological women’s spaces and rights.

Their meeting took place in parliament on March 14. Davies agreed to host them when Millwall football club, the original venue, cancelled after pressure from transgender lobbyists.

“This was a meeting with women who’ve got perfectly legitimate concerns about legislation the government has said it’s bringing forward,” Davies said.

“Of course they’ve got a right to discuss it in the legislature. There is an important principle of freedom of speech here.”
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/95ee ... 39f3c4b43e

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Trannies are now a bigger threat to free speech in this country than Islam and Putin put together. What the actual fuck?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Bhurzum wrote: What is the correct collective terminology for a group of trans women?
A disgruntled ruckus.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
A bedlam.
Ooh, I like this one!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Row over female-only compartments being used by transgender people on Caledonian sleeper service pits Churchill's grandson against Mumsnet

A furious row over the right of men who identify as women to use female-only train compartments has pitted Sir Winston Churchill’s grandson against the might of Mumsnet.

The dispute erupted after the operator of the Caledonian Sleeper, which runs overnight between London and Scotland, said that passengers who were born male but ‘self-identify’ as female could sleep in cabins reserved for women.

The move caused uproar on the Mumsnet internet forum, where users complained that their safety could be endangered.

An attempt to defuse the row by Rupert Soames, the chief executive of Serco – which took over the running of the sleeper service three years ago – led to claims that he had been ‘patronising’.

Mr Soames, whose grandfather was the great wartime Prime Minister, was reduced to pleading that the cabins had emergency buttons.

It is the latest controversy over transgender rights and follows the decision by a female-only swimming pond on Hampstead Heath, North London, to welcome men ‘transitioning’ to women.

Proposals to make it easier for people to change gender also prompted two feminists to protest by attending a men-only swimming session at a leisure centre in South London.

The sleeper service row began after a Mumsnet user posted Serco’s response to an enquiry about whether women could be forced to share cabins with men who define themselves as female.

It said: ‘Guests travel with the Caledonian Sleeper in shared accommodation for men-only or women-only; the service is provided on the basis of the gender that the individual self-identifies with.’

The Mumsnet user wrote: ‘I don’t think I’d feel comfortable with this at all and it’s yet another example of women’s spaces being erased.’

Mr Soames responded on Twitter, writing: ‘I think you are referring to the possibility that people may say that they are a woman when in fact they are a man – sigh.’

He said his passengers would not do that, because they were not ‘deceitful’.

A user called Helen Wheels then asked: ‘You know them all personally? Otherwise, that’s a statement for which you have zero evidence. You might as well say, “No rapist has ever travelled on a train.” ’

A group called the Caithness Purported Feminists told Mr Soames: ‘We do not share the same faith you do in male train passengers.’

And another Twitter user wrote: ‘Many predatory men have identified as women to gain access to female spaces. I suggest you educate yourself properly before dismissing valid concerns with a patronising “sigh”.’

Mr Soames tweeted that his staff were ‘v attentive and watchful; all cabins have call buttons; if a single woman was uncomfortable with the other person they would be moved to another cabin’.

The Caledonian, one of only two railway sleeper services left in the UK, shuttles between the capital and stations in Scotland including Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen.

Serco took over the franchise from ScotRail. A £150 million revamp in October will introduce en suite cabins and double beds.

A Serco spokesman said: 'Everyone is greeted personally and shown to their cabin on the Caledonian Sleeper by our excellent and highly attentive staff.

‘Anyone travelling can choose to book a cabin alone and the option to share with another person of the same sex is being phased out in autumn with the arrival of the new carriages.'

Mr Soames, whose eldest brother Nicholas is a Tory MP, is the son of the late Sir Christopher Soames, an ambassador to France; his mother, Mary, the youngest of Sir Winston’s five children, died in 2014
A second story is tacked onto the end of the post:
Jeremy Corbyn was embroiled in a fresh row last night after a prominent supporter called for violence against women.

Sophia Botha, a transsexual man who identifies as a woman, shockingly claimed it was justified to ‘thump’ Terfs – a derogatory term for feminists who do not recognise transsexual women as genuinely female.

Ms Botha said hitting Terfs – it stands for Trans-exclusionary radical feminist – was a form of ‘self-defence’.

On an internet blog titled ‘Is it ever justified to thump Terfs?’ she said: ‘Considering Terfs want to exterminate all trans women from the planet any violence directed at Terfs by trans women or trans allies is very much a means of self-defence.’

Ms Botha, a former member of the national executive of LGBT Labour, says she is ‘steadfastly a party supporter’ so long as Mr Corbyn is leader.

Her comments come amid an increasingly bitter Labour split between feminists and transgender activists.

Mr Corbyn is said to be paralysed with indecision on the issue – torn between traditional feminists and a fear of offending the transgender movement.

Labour’s National Executive has delayed a decision on whether to include trans women on all-women parliamentary shortlists. The party declined to comment on Ms Botha’s blog.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... msnet.html

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Bhurzum wrote: What is the correct collective terminology for a group of trans women?
Skepticon?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Bhurzum wrote:
A hormoany.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Shatterface wrote:
Skepticon?
Ha! :clap:

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Bhurzum wrote:
dogen wrote: Can any inferences relating to this question be drawn from the rash of transwomen running for political office?
cockflock

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Last night I worked security at a rave. Everyone laughs when I call it a rave, but it was an expensive-ticket, 4500+ guest, mdma-soaked party in a secret warehouse location, with electronic dance music played by obscure/celebrity eurotrash djs, with Berlin-wannabee art installations. What-else do you call that? A complete shitshow, for one thing. It was Not Fun. Yet, I see no complaints on social media. The wanker attendees would rather claim they went to an amazing party, than admit it was like being packed slaveship-tight in an unlit concentration camp, while jackhammers deafen you, & a synthetic fragrance fails to diguise human stench, with an electronic chip wristband connected to your credit card-- to pre-pay for drinks-- but then no way to reach the actual bar to actually drink anything. The rich millennial brats behind the party also produced the infamous Fyre Festival in Costa Rica, so... what do ya expect?

Coat-check was in a separate warehouse, with a chicago-stockyard maze of barricades to reach the main warehouse. So attendees were stripped down to scanty party-clothes, then left in the cold. I split before it was over, so I avoided seeing the reverse process: 4000 wasted attendees simlutaneously stampeding to get their coats, while puking & arguing & freezing & losing their claim-ticket.

Last week was the big New York International Auto Show, at the convention center. I worked one day, in a party-rental space, a nightclub-style party for the launch of a new car-model. The "Lexus Ux" Or LexuSUX, if the typography isn't real good. The car is indeed reminiscent of the 6000 S.U.X. from Robocop.

The car party started-out bland & corporate-convention-ish, but they hired a veteran hipster DJ from the old East Village art-hipster days, & a young artist to paint a cityscape mural, & they partnered with a children's pediatric cancer ward-- for charitible donation-- and a bunch of black people in fake fur showed-up to liven the party & take selfies with the car... so there was a glimmer of bygone nightlife glory, in the now-tame Meat Packing District. I made $600 for a day of lackey-work... I can't complain about that.

Next week, I've got a few days with a fancy fashion label-- big & flashy, on a par with Versace. It should be grueling-but-memorable. A major, decrepit, gay-icon diva is being wheeled-in to perform & lavish money is being-spent.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote: <snip>
Jeremy Corbyn was embroiled in a fresh row last night after a prominent supporter called for violence against women.

Sophia Botha, a transsexual man who identifies as a woman, shockingly claimed it was justified to ‘thump’ Terfs – a derogatory term for feminists who do not recognise transsexual women as genuinely female.

Ms Botha said hitting Terfs – it stands for Trans-exclusionary radical feminist – was a form of ‘self-defence’.

On an internet blog titled ‘Is it ever justified to thump Terfs?’ she said: ‘Considering Terfs want to exterminate all trans women from the planet any violence directed at Terfs by trans women or trans allies is very much a means of self-defence.’
<snip>
Something I just thought about: all these claims about violence against "Nazis" or "TERFs" being justified as "self-defence" are basically identical to George W. Bush's rationale for invading Iraq.

Basically anyone who chided Bush for not following international law and attacking Iraq, but then is justifying not following the laws and attacking "Nazis" or "TERFs", is a massive hypocrite.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Last night I worked security at a rave. Everyone laughs when I call it a rave, but it was an expensive-ticket, 4500+ guest, mdma-soaked party in a secret warehouse location, with electronic dance music played by obscure/celebrity eurotrash djs, with Berlin-wannabee art installations. What-else do you call that? A complete shitshow, for one thing. It was Not Fun. Yet, I see no complaints on social media. The wanker attendees would rather claim they went to an amazing party, than admit it was like being packed slaveship-tight in an unlit concentration camp, while jackhammers deafen you, & a synthetic fragrance fails to diguise human stench, with an electronic chip wristband connected to your credit card-- to pre-pay for drinks-- but then no way to reach the actual bar to actually drink anything. The rich millennial brats behind the party also produced the infamous Fyre Festival in Costa Rica, so... what do ya expect?

Coat-check was in a separate warehouse, with a chicago-stockyard maze of barricades to reach the main warehouse. So attendees were stripped down to scanty party-clothes, then left in the cold. I split before it was over, so I avoided seeing the reverse process: 4000 wasted attendees simlutaneously stampeding to get their coats, while puking & arguing & freezing & losing their claim-ticket.

Last week was the big New York International Auto Show, at the convention center. I worked one day, in a party-rental space, a nightclub-style party for the launch of a new car-model. The "Lexus Ux" Or LexuSUX, if the typography isn't real good. The car is indeed reminiscent of the 6000 S.U.X. from Robocop.

The car party started-out bland & corporate-convention-ish, but they hired a veteran hipster DJ from the old East Village art-hipster days, & a young artist to paint a cityscape mural, & they partnered with a children's pediatric cancer ward-- for charitible donation-- and a bunch of black people in fake fur showed-up to liven the party & take selfies with the car... so there was a glimmer of bygone nightlife glory, in the now-tame Meat Packing District. I made $600 for a day of lackey-work... I can't complain about that.

Next week, I've got a few days with a fancy fashion label-- big & flashy, on a par with Versace. It should be grueling-but-memorable. A major, decrepit, gay-icon diva is being wheeled-in to perform & lavish money is being-spent.
Us tributes from the agrarian & mining Districts are constantly amazed by the vita circenses you citizens of the Capitol lead.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Last night I worked security at a rave. Everyone laughs when I call it a rave, but it was an expensive-ticket, 4500+ guest, mdma-soaked party in a secret warehouse location, with electronic dance music played by obscure/celebrity eurotrash djs, with Berlin-wannabee art installations. What-else do you call that? A complete shitshow, for one thing. It was Not Fun. Yet, I see no complaints on social media. The wanker attendees would rather claim they went to an amazing party, than admit it was like being packed slaveship-tight in an unlit concentration camp, while jackhammers deafen you, & a synthetic fragrance fails to diguise human stench, with an electronic chip wristband connected to your credit card-- to pre-pay for drinks-- but then no way to reach the actual bar to actually drink anything. The rich millennial brats behind the party also produced the infamous Fyre Festival in Costa Rica, so... what do ya expect?

Us tributes from the agrarian & mining Districts are constantly amazed by the vita circenses you citizens of the Capitol lead.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote:
Skepticon?
The Orbit

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote:
Skepticon?
The Orbit

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote: Something I just thought about: all these claims about violence against "Nazis" or "TERFs" being justified as "self-defence" are basically identical to George W. Bush's rationale for invading Iraq.

Basically anyone who chided Bush for not following international law and attacking Iraq, but then is justifying not following the laws and attacking "Nazis" or "TERFs", is a massive hypocrite.
I've never once heard a 'terf' call for trannycide. Ever. Even the Ines who would happily throw every other man in the ovens.

I've seen a few transmurders attributed to terf ideology but as soon as you look into it it turns out the transwoman was murdered by an acquaintance or a partner. It's more likely gay panic: 'woke' partner can no longer maintain the delusion his partner is a woman and lashes out.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

rayshul wrote: I welcome the trans lobby because they're so phenomenally fucked up in every conceivable way that they will tear literally everyone apart in their quest for ... well nothing. This is an amazing escalation of left wing crazy.
It's a quest for attention -- and for compulsory participation in their paraphilia. Cuz the rad trans activists are all a bunch of preening, NPD, autogynephilic freaks.

The TERF vs Trap war sure is a glorious thing, though. The number one possible way to enrage a militant woman with a pathological hatred & fear of phalluses, is to force her to schmooze with a self-identified woman with a phallus. Just hope they concentrate on destroying their own movements (and Labour UK) with minimal splash damage.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote: I've never once heard a 'terf' call for trannycide. Ever. Even the Ines who would happily throw every other man in the ovens.
Just to refuse to acknowledge that they are 'women' full stop in every sense of the word is to erase their existence, ergo to exterminate all trans women.
I've seen a few transmurders attributed to terf ideology but as soon as you look into it it turns out the transwoman was murdered by an acquaintance or a partner. It's more likely gay panic: 'woke' partner can no longer maintain the delusion his partner is a woman and lashes out.
Yes most were either murdered by partners or were prostitutes murdered by johns or pimps.

In 2017, a total of 26 trans were murdered in the US, out of an estimated 700,000 - 1.5 million trans. I don't have the caffeine spoons to do the math, but that surely represents genocide-level proportions.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Shatterface wrote:
Skepticon?
Forgive the kiwi farms-ism but the term they use is "ratking", especially when said group is focused around one exceptionally bad person e.g. Brianna Wu.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Happy 100th B'Day RAF :flags-wavegreatbritain:

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

https://i.imgur.com/HHlQ59t.png

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

DrokkIt wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:57 am
Forgive the kiwi farms-ism but the term they use is "ratking", especially when said group is focused around one exceptionally bad person e.g. Brianna Wu.
I don't think the term is trans-Pacific trans-specific, I think it just refers to any group of horrible people all bound up in each other's horribleness. The Wu cult would certainly qualify, though.

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:52 am
Last night I worked security at a rave. Everyone laughs when I call it a rave, but it was an expensive-ticket, 4500+ guest, mdma-soaked party in a secret warehouse location, with electronic dance music played by obscure/celebrity eurotrash djs, with Berlin-wannabee art installations. What-else do you call that? A complete shitshow, for one thing. It was Not Fun. Yet, I see no complaints on social media. The wanker attendees would rather claim they went to an amazing party, than admit it was like being packed slaveship-tight in an unlit concentration camp, while jackhammers deafen you, & a synthetic fragrance fails to diguise human stench, with an electronic chip wristband connected to your credit card-- to pre-pay for drinks-- but then no way to reach the actual bar to actually drink anything. The rich millennial brats behind the party also produced the infamous Fyre Festival in Costa Rica, so... what do ya expect?

Okay Dog.... when you gonna write that book?

Loved Robocop. Watched it in a black theater so there was lots of noise.... and a 8 year old black kid marching up and down the isle like a robot during the show. Some movies are best at a black theater.

"and I want a car..."

"We can get you a 6000 SUX..... we will even throw in a Blaupunkt!"

"Don't fuck with me! Don't fuck with me!!!"

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Shatterface wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:21 am
A spectrum of trannies? A rainbow?
Surely, a surprise of trannies.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

How about an ova of trannies? (Not to everyone's liking, but I'm sure it will appeal to some).

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Sunder wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:57 am
I don't think the term is trans-Pacific trans-specific, I think it just refers to any group of horrible people all bound up in each other's horribleness. The Wu cult would certainly qualify, though.
Oooh, good point.

I propose RATTRAP as a new term for a ratking of trans type.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

shoutinghorse wrote: Happy 100th B'Day RAF :flags-wavegreatbritain:

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

https://i.imgur.com/HHlQ59t.png

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

MarcusAu wrote: How about an ova of trannies? (Not to everyone's liking, but I'm sure it will appeal to some).
Probably would appeal to the same type that would also like a gandergle.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Bhurzum wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:20 pm
ERV wrote: Update:
It was #3. Spleen is fuuuuucked up. BUT specialist today saw him-- a malignant spleen cancer this big probably would haved metastasized by now. She couldn't find any other lesions, including is heart or lungs, where this cancer likes to spread. Outside of the bacterial infection and a massive spleen, he's totally healthy. Which means it could be benign. Which means surgery will solve this problem. Which means Im going to be eating beans and rice for the next few years to pay for this, but I don't care.

Monday night I had no hope. I'd accepted it.

Now I have some hope.
Worth it!
Woof it!

feathers

Post by feathers »

clownshoe wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:44 am
now I've been banned from Facebook and permanently suspended on Twitter for calling the person who told me to kill myself a "Cunt" (thanks trust and safety). I guess I'll have to return to the only place online I've ever felt safe. The Slymepit is my safe space. Hell is home.
But then again...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

A gape of Trannies?

dogen

Post by dogen »

Bhurzum wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:51 pm
dogen wrote: Can any inferences relating to this question be drawn from the rash of transwomen running for political office?
Inspired by Zinnia: a loose gape

dogen

Post by dogen »

shoutinghorse wrote: A gape of Trannies?
Wow, superninja'd!

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

dogen wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: A gape of Trannies?
Wow, superninja'd!
Nahahahahahaha!!!! :nin:

https://i.imgur.com/zKlfFM6.jpg

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

This says it all really, it's a far cry from a Spiral Tribe or D.I.Y site rave out in the woods somewhere in the 90's.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

free thoughtpolice

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:30 am
CJ Werleman is a piece of shit.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote:
By the way I think that the word that CJ was looking for was "protege".

He should have stuck to plagiarizing other people's words.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Is Werleman one of these people who big up cultural differences between races to the extent that you are not even allowed to copy another race's culture because of 'cultural appropriation'?

What's the similarity between manufacturing racial differences and manufacturing cultural differences?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Kirbmarc wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
By the way I think that the word that CJ was looking for was "protege".

He should have stuck to plagiarizing other people's words.
The only way Werleman will amount to anything is if he manages to be an organ donor.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

There's a huge circle-jerk in the Regressive side of Twitter which is now angry at Harris and calling him a Nazi because he dared to suggest that there might be a genetic component to differences in IQ. Sacha Saeen, Werleman, Dan Arel, Johnny Spooner, it's a veritable Who's Who of the islam apologists. I expect Myers to weigh in on this argument soon enough, naturally shitting on Harris like he's always done.

free thoughtpolice

Kirbmarc wrote: There's a huge circle-jerk in the Regressive side of Twitter which is now angry at Harris and calling him a Nazi because he dared to suggest that there might be a genetic component to differences in IQ. Sacha Saeen, Werleman, Dan Arel, Johnny Spooner, it's a veritable Who's Who of the islam apologists. I expect Myers to weigh in on this argument soon enough, naturally shitting on Harris like he's always done.
Just like the prophecy in the Bible, perfectly accurate in predicting things after they happened. :P
http://archive.is/hJspn

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: There's a huge circle-jerk in the Regressive side of Twitter which is now angry at Harris and calling him a Nazi because he dared to suggest that there might be a genetic component to differences in IQ. Sacha Saeen, Werleman, Dan Arel, Johnny Spooner, it's a veritable Who's Who of the islam apologists. I expect Myers to weigh in on this argument soon enough, naturally shitting on Harris like he's always done.
Just like the prophecy in the Bible, perfectly accurate in predicting things after they happened. :P
PZ Myers wrote:As for intelligence, the entire point of the human brain is plasticity and sensitivity to experience and novelty. There is no such thing as high intelligence — but there is such a thing as high adaptability. Since intelligence is actually a response to the environment, it’s disappointing and absurd that there are actually scientists arguing for some mysterious hard-wiring of the brain for some difficult to describe ability like “performance on IQ tests”. Don’t they realize that that’s the antithesis of what human intelligence is?
In this paragraph Myers now not simply arguing that environmental effects have a bigger impact than genetics on intelligence differences between individuals, which is a reasonable position to have even if one admits that there is a genetic component. He's also not just arguing that average differences in IQ between social groups are more to environmental than to genetic causes, which is still a reasonable position to have, and actually not the same thing as the previous claim, since there could easily be groups distributions where differences in average IQ between groups are due more to environmental causes even if genetic factors cause a larger parts of the differences between individuals.

No, he's straight out denying the existence of intelligence differences as measured by IQ tests. :bjarte:

That's actually ableist, if you think about it, because it's erasing the fact that there some people with cognitive issues who score very low on those tests. Is Myers saying that those people are simply "not adaptable" enough? Is he denying that they're cognitively challenged? Is he basically saying that they should just apply themselves more, and be more "plastic"? I didn't know that Peeze was such a bigot as to imply that people with cognitive issues should just be exposed to better stimuli and then they'd be be fine.

But maybe I'm misreading Peezie. Maybe he wants to say that cognitive issues are just a social construct, and so it's not true that some people require assistance in some tasks, it's just our phallo-centric colonial white supremacist society that makes it so, in reality there's no difference between Einstein and Forrest Gump, it's just that we classify one as a genius and the other as someone with special cognitive needs because we're being brainwashed by our own bigotry.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Kirbmarc wrote:
PZ Myers wrote:As for intelligence, the entire point of the human brain is plasticity and sensitivity to experience and novelty. There is no such thing as high intelligence — but there is such a thing as high adaptability. Since intelligence is actually a response to the environment, it’s disappointing and absurd that there are actually scientists arguing for some mysterious hard-wiring of the brain for some difficult to describe ability like “performance on IQ tests”. Don’t they realize that that’s the antithesis of what human intelligence is?
In this paragraph Myers now not simply arguing that environmental effects have a bigger impact than genetics on intelligence differences between individuals, which is a reasonable position to have even if one admits that there is a genetic component. He's also not just arguing that average differences in IQ between social groups are more to environmental than to genetic causes, which is still a reasonable position to have, and actually not the same thing as the previous claim, since there could easily be groups distributions where differences in average IQ between groups are due more to environmental causes even if genetic factors cause a larger parts of the differences between individuals.

No, he's straight out denying the existence of intelligence differences as measured by IQ tests. :bjarte:

That's actually ableist, if you think about it, because it's erasing the fact that there some people with cognitive issues who score very low on those tests. Is Myers saying that those people are simply "not adaptable" enough? Is he denying that they're cognitively challenged? Is he basically saying that they should just apply themselves more, and be more "plastic"? I didn't know that Peeze was such a bigot as to imply that people with cognitive issues should just be exposed to better stimuli and then they'd be be fine.

But maybe I'm misreading Peezie. Maybe he wants to say that cognitive issues are just a social construct, and so it's not true that some people require assistance in some tasks, it's just our phallo-centric colonial white supremacist society that makes it so, in reality there's no difference between Einstein and Forrest Gump, it's just that we classify one as a genius and the other as someone with special cognitive needs because we're being brainwashed by our own bigotry.
Its entirely reasonable and predictable when you think about it. We have a person here with mediocre intelligence who badly wants to be a genius. If PZ can't live with the fact that he isn't a genius he can at least deny the existence of genius. That leads to the conclusion that the reason he isn't a regarded as a genius must be some reason other than his intellectual prowess, which probably feels better on his ego. Bonus points if he can argue that the reason is that evil shitlords hate him for his morally virtuous social justice beliefs.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Kirbmarc wrote:

Jesus, I was organizing bookmarks and thought "damn, I haven't been here in years.' And after reading a few pages, I'm so glad I've long since given up on the whole Atheist/Skeptic movement. It's overly populated with complete fucking idiots and PZ Myers is their Emperor.

As for his anti-science assertion encapsulated above, it is, and has been for a very, very, very, very, very long time, well established that IQ and mental health each have a substantial genetic component and environmental component. To assert one source over the other or the non-existence of one source is pure horseshit.

High IQs run in families (predominantly X chromosome with other factors). Many mental illnesses (schizophrenia and bi-polar for example) run in families. Many physical issues (Huntington's disease) run in families.

And, in the end, your base, from which you'll deviate from environmental factors, is set by genes.

Anyway, back to other things. The Atheist movement was train-wrecked by the SJWs, just like they're train-wreck everything else. And I just, honestly, don't see the point in it.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

A crying game?

(ill see myself out and never come back)

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Intelligence is adaptability so I don't see how Peezuses' argument helps him.

Intelligence is the ability to learn from experience, to generalise from that experience, to think abstractly, to cope with novel situations. If you can't learn you are just a machine. The whole AI programme isn't about programming computers to follow instructions, its about teaching them to learn.

And some brains are clearly more adaptive than others; they are more plastic.

Some brains simply aren't plastic enough to learn calculus or read Ulysses or paint hands that don't look like a bunch of bananas.

Which is precisely the same as saying some people are more intelligent than others without using the I word.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

London murder rate overtakes NYC.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-43610936

I know the numbers vary, but if anyone had told me 10-12 years ago that you would see this story, I would have laughed at them. Knife violence is top o' th' heap. Wonder who's doing all the shanking?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Old_ones wrote: Its entirely reasonable and predictable when you think about it. We have a person here with mediocre intelligence who badly wants to be a genius. If PZ can't live with the fact that he isn't a genius he can at least deny the existence of genius. That leads to the conclusion that the reason he isn't a regarded as a genius must be some reason other than his intellectual prowess, which probably feels better on his ego. Bonus points if he can argue that the reason is that evil shitlords hate him for his morally virtuous social justice beliefs.
Shit, you're actually right.

PZ is actually rather intelligent if he managed to get a PhD in biology, but he's certainly no genius. However he feels slighted because his collection of insipid blog posts gathered dust on a shelf and he's teaching in a backwater university, while Dawkins is an acclaimed biologist with a long list of best sellers, Harris has a popular podcast and has done some interesting research in neurology, and Dennett is a successful philosopher.

Peeze has his blog and his Horde, but thinks he deserves so much more. So the reason for his lack of success must be some social pressure that keeps him down. It surely can't be the case that he's not as brilliant as he thinks he is.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I think one of the keys to general intelligence - as opposed to a 'special interest' - is the desire to know more about other fields.

Myers may have his specialism but he's pretty dismissive of anything outside it, e.g. evo-psych, the space programme, or sex with human beings.

He talks about plasticity but he doesn't exhibit any of his own.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:
A crying game?

(ill see myself out and never come back)
https://orig00.deviantart.net/a394/f/20 ... bcvi23.png

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Tribble wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

Jesus, I was organizing bookmarks and thought "damn, I haven't been here in years.' And after reading a few pages, I'm so glad I've long since given up on the whole Atheist/Skeptic movement. It's overly populated with complete fucking idiots and PZ Myers is their Emperor.

As for his anti-science assertion encapsulated above, it is, and has been for a very, very, very, very, very long time, well established that IQ and mental health each have a substantial genetic component and environmental component. To assert one source over the other or the non-existence of one source is pure horseshit.

High IQs run in families (predominantly X chromosome with other factors). Many mental illnesses (schizophrenia and bi-polar for example) run in families. Many physical issues (Huntington's disease) run in families.

And, in the end, your base, from which you'll deviate from environmental factors, is set by genes.

Anyway, back to other things. The Atheist movement was train-wrecked by the SJWs, just like they're train-wreck everything else. And I just, honestly, don't see the point in it.
It is good to see you back, Tribble. If there is any point to the atheist/skeptic movement right now for me, it's not letting regressive idiots like Myers, Werleman, Watson, etc represent us. Part of the reason i originally joined the pit is a theist friend pointing to Pharangula and saying "So this is the kind of people that are atheists," which was especially galling after the Shermer incident. I guess you could say the movement is dead, but I'm not giving them free reign with the obituary. Or something.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Amohpmyl wrote: London murder rate overtakes NYC.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-43610936

I know the numbers vary, but if anyone had told me 10-12 years ago that you would see this story, I would have laughed at them. Knife violence is top o' th' heap. Wonder who's doing all the shanking?
Is it any wonder when the Metropolitan police puts idiots like Cressida Dick in charge? It's bad enough Khan turning our once great capital into Mogadishu, but course it's all the fault of the internet again.
Crazy as it sounds I honestly think we're just a few short years of having the internet banned in the UK, that's how these useless fuckers think.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... -children/