There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Shatterface

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Shatterface »

Some of the latest iPhone apps are pretty dangerous though.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DLtlqxycYgM/maxresdefault.jpg

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: What is the correct collective terminology for a group of trans women?
A crying game?

(ill see myself out and never come back)
I admit I was thinking "a mendacity" myself. But along these lines "a crying-game" is better.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Amohpmyl wrote: London murder rate overtakes NYC.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-43610936

I know the numbers vary, but if anyone had told me 10-12 years ago that you would see this story, I would have laughed at them. Knife violence is top o' th' heap. Wonder who's doing all the shanking?
Insert diversity rainbow.

This is pretty amazing. I mean, I grew up there, it was like a nice safe area, etc. This shit has happened in my fucking lifetime. In 30 years, probably closer to 20.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/93882 ... ssion=true
What country doesn't have rival gangs of machete wielding thugs brawling in the streets and assaulting police? If only Aneris were here to tell us all is fine in Germany, Fake News.
Apropos of which, an amusing observation about Merkel:

Although she has recently at least conceded the existence of no-go zones, most of which I expect are in Muslim "enclaves".

And, relative to the recent commens on "London murder rate overtakes NYC", seems Piers Morgan is engaging in a bit of "victim-blaming":

Doubt he will see my response but it might add a bit of fuel to the fire:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

SM1957 wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Is Werleman one of these people who big up cultural differences between races to the extent that you are not even allowed to copy another race's culture because of 'cultural appropriation'?

What's the similarity between manufacturing racial differences and manufacturing cultural differences?

Werleman is just repeating propaganda from certain circles. S. J. Gould for example. From INTELLIGENCE, AND THE BRAIN: THE ERRORS AND OMISSIONS OF THE ‘REVISED’ EDITION OF S. J. GOULD’S THE MISMEASURE OF MAN (1996)
Gould’s most inflammatory allegation consists of blaming IQ testers for magnifying the toll of those lost in the Holocaust (p. 263). Here he has followed the lead of Leon Kamin’s (1974) The Shncr und Politics of@. The Kamin-Gould thesis is that early IQ testers claimed their research proved that Jews as a group scored low on their tests and that this finding was then conveniently used to support passage of the restrictive Immigration Act of 1924, which then denied entry to hapless Jewish refugees in the 1930s. Gould goes so far as to claim (1996, pp. 195-198; 255-258) that Henry H. Goddard (in 1917) and Carl C. Brigham (in 1923) labeled four- fifths of Jewish immigrants as “feeble-minded... morons”.

The facts are very different. Goddard wanted to find out if the Binet test was as effective at identifying ‘high- grade defectives’ (the term then used for those with mental ages between 8 and 12) among immigrants as it was among native-born Americans. By 1913, Goddard had translated the Binet test into English and arranged, over a two-and-a-half-month period, for it to be given to a subset of Jewish. Hungarian, Italian, and Russian immigrants “preselected as being neither ‘obviously feeble-minded’ nor ‘obviously normal’ ” (Goddard, 19 17, p. 244, emphasis added). Among this “unrepresentative” group (178 Ss in all), the tests successfully categorized 83% of the Jews, 80% of the Hunga~ans, 79% of the Italians, and 87% of the Russians. Goddard (1917) explicitly did nor assert that 80% of Russians, Jews, or any immigrant group in genera1 were feeble minded nor that the figures were representative of all immigrants from those nations. Nor did he claim that the feeblemindedness he was measuring was due to heredity. The vast majority of the many immigrants going through Ellis Island were never given mental tests. Nor was a random sample of any national group of immigrants ever tested. The only study by Goddard involving the testing of immigrants begins with the following sentence: “This is not a study of immigrants in general but of six small highly selected groups...” (1917, p. 243).

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

rayshul wrote:
Amohpmyl wrote: London murder rate overtakes NYC.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-43610936

I know the numbers vary, but if anyone had told me 10-12 years ago that you would see this story, I would have laughed at them. Knife violence is top o' th' heap. Wonder who's doing all the shanking?
Insert diversity rainbow.

This is pretty amazing. I mean, I grew up there, it was like a nice safe area, etc. This shit has happened in my fucking lifetime. In 30 years, probably closer to 20.
The police have enough to do investigating tweets about transwomen to do anything about knife crime
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... h-warrior/

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

hey-lets-be-careful-out-there-thumb.jpg
(10.29 KiB) Downloaded 177 times

Steven Bochco, creator of Hill Street Blues, dies at 74
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... dies-at-74

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Old_ones wrote: Its entirely reasonable and predictable when you think about it. We have a person here with mediocre intelligence who badly wants to be a genius. If PZ can't live with the fact that he isn't a genius he can at least deny the existence of genius. That leads to the conclusion that the reason he isn't a regarded as a genius must be some reason other than his intellectual prowess, which probably feels better on his ego. Bonus points if he can argue that the reason is that evil shitlords hate him for his morally virtuous social justice beliefs.
Shit, you're actually right.

PZ is actually rather intelligent if he managed to get a PhD in biology, but he's certainly no genius. However he feels slighted because his collection of insipid blog posts gathered dust on a shelf and he's teaching in a backwater university, while Dawkins is an acclaimed biologist with a long list of best sellers, Harris has a popular podcast and has done some interesting research in neurology, and Dennett is a successful philosopher.

Peeze has his blog and his Horde, but thinks he deserves so much more. So the reason for his lack of success must be some social pressure that keeps him down. It surely can't be the case that he's not as brilliant as he thinks he is.
PZ wastes all his time in outrage mode. Hate to say it, but most of the posts he writes I agree with in principle 110% For instance, today's post on cancer quackery. Total agreement. Endless posts on creationism. Total agreement. But if I bitched and moaned as much as PZ, I'd blow my fucking head off within a couple months. After a while you just want the MF to STFU already. He just endlessly spews bilge and bile. But the thing is, it worked for him for one brief shining moment. He caught the notice of famous people; he was on the fast track to fame and probably fortune. And then the world moved on, and he just kept bitching at a more fevered pitch. I'm not sure there's much he could have done about it.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

And it's not like his bitching is in any way profound or insightful. Everything he says is already obvious shit. He just bitches for the sake of bitching.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Kind of like what I'm doing right now. (At least I'm self aware enough to know it.)

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

Apropos of whatever, there's a nice piece on Panda's Thumb about General Intelligence https://pandasthumb.org/archives/2018/0 ... gence.html. It must be bit galling when one of PZ's old stamping grounds disagrees with him.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

[Deep breath]

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

In fucking tears here...man, that's some prime-quality dumb!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Additional: It's an Elfwick-esque parody account.

I really should check these things before posting them here ;)

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Women - know your place!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Still not good enough for the trannies:

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:02 am
d4m10n wrote: Anyone else in OKC this weekend?

Still trying to figure out which speakers are worth seeing live... :think:
Just checked the speaking line-up. Not impressed, but then again, there are a few there that I have never heard off.

Interestingly, Silverman has recently started to virtue signal with the SJWs to try and save his career, and make amends after his treacherous moment of insanity where he reached out to Republican atheists.
American Atheists never stopped reaching out to conservatives until they were told to bugger off earlier this year.
CommanderTuvok wrote:
Seth has unwittingly drawn the ire of the SJWs by not quite calling enough centrists and liberals, "Nazis". Oh, and he wasn't quite hard enough on Krauss. Then again, when he pulled out of MythCon because of Shives, Arel, and Winters, he was mortally wounded, and the SJWs now smell his blood.
There may be a lesson here about negotiating with errorists. :mrgreen:

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Then, there is "the Sci Babe", who once publically attacked a conference for listing her as "the Sci Babe", even though another speaker was listed by their nickname, and she listed herself as "the sci babe" virtually everywhere.
Yvette's talk was fairly standard skeptic fare, with an emphasis on journalistic standards and legally defensible language. She seemed a bit flustered at first, but that may've been because she was wearing a wedding dress.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Shatterface wrote: Still not good enough for the trannies:

The t-shirt didn't specify what kind of trans should be supported: it was inclusive of all trans: M-F and F-M. So there was no inference that trans-women aren't women (though they aren't).

As usual, it is the Muscato types (dockers in drag) who assume it is all about them. How dare they exclude trans-men from this.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Had a dream last night that Jesus returned, but instead of initiating the rapture he chose to partner with a Latina cop in LA and solve crimes. In his off time he enjoys karaoke-he sang Stairway to Heaven. He didn't have any powers and I don't know why, but it really bothered him that he couldn't cure his partner's daughter's(partner was a single mom) epilepsy.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

katamari Damassi wrote: Had a dream last night that Jesus returned, but instead of initiating the rapture he chose to partner with a Latina cop in LA and solve crimes. In his off time he enjoys karaoke-he sang Stairway to Heaven. He didn't have any powers and I don't know why, but it really bothered him that he couldn't cure his partner's daughter's(partner was a single mom) epilepsy.

That's a great idea for a sitcom.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

katamari Damassi wrote: Had a dream last night that Jesus returned, but instead of initiating the rapture he chose to partner with a Latina cop in LA and solve crimes. In his off time he enjoys karaoke-he sang Stairway to Heaven. He didn't have any powers and I don't know why, but it really bothered him that he couldn't cure his partner's daughter's(partner was a single mom) epilepsy.
You should take that to Netflix.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Wow dude, this needs to be a TV series. Don't let an idea like this go to waste - get writing a screenplay. Hey, maybe you could make the bad guy a reincarnation of Muhammad? Okay, maybe not - unless you could do it subtly, as they did with Negan from Walking Dead. :dance:

Speaking of TV shows, I recently got round to finally catching up with Humans - and I have to say it is FUCKING EXCELLENT. Perhaps not the most original thing, based as it is on ideas already explored by Blade Runner and the like, but the story has lots of intriguing twists and turns and the performances are truly exceptional. Gemma Chan in particular is amazingly good as the Synth Mia - she delivers a performance which is both weirdly unsettling and touchingly sympathetic. For UK viewers, every episode is currently available on All 4, and I really do recommend it.

katamari Damassi

I'm bothered that cheesy television concepts seeping into my subconscious.

Jack Wooster

Post by Jack Wooster »

Shatterface wrote:
You should take that to Netflix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuPfCuga5NE

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

katamari Damassi wrote: I'm bothered that cheesy television concepts seeping into my subconscious.
You should make Jesus a motorcycle cop, cos then you could title it 'Christ on a Bike'.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Tigzy wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: I'm bothered that cheesy television concepts seeping into my subconscious.
You should make Jesus a motorcycle cop, cos then you could title it 'Christ on a Bike'.
Whilst off duty, Jesus could be a stuntman at the local fairground...Jumping Jesus Christ on a bike.

John D

Post by John D »

Bhurzum wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Whilst off duty, Jesus could be a stuntman at the local fairground...Jumping Jesus Christ on a bike.
I was almost run over in a grocery store parking lot last week. The blond 35 year old female driver was looking for cars, but somehow, mysteriously was looking right over my head as she drove into my cart. I was right in front of her! And what did I do? I jumped back, pushed my cart at her truck to block her and, and the top of my lungs, I yelled "Jesus Christ!" Now.... if Christ were a cop this would all make sense. Haha.

John D

Post by John D »

Shatterface wrote: Intelligence is adaptability so I don't see how Peezuses' argument helps him.

Intelligence is the ability to learn from experience, to generalise from that experience, to think abstractly, to cope with novel situations. If you can't learn you are just a machine. The whole AI programme isn't about programming computers to follow instructions, its about teaching them to learn.

And some brains are clearly more adaptive than others; they are more plastic.

Some brains simply aren't plastic enough to learn calculus or read Ulysses or paint hands that don't look like a bunch of bananas.

Which is precisely the same as saying some people are more intelligent than others without using the I word.
Has anyone asked PeeZee when he is going to stop testing his students???? After all, all he is doing is measuring their "adaptability."

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:
Best. Post. Ever.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Kirbmarc wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Best. Post. Ever.
If it was a motorcycle stunt team, and JC was on the shoulders of a lesbian who was standing on a Jew riding the vehicle, it could be Christ on a dyke on a kike on a bike.

John D

Post by John D »

Same ole shit... but I enjoyed it.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Winnie Mandela has popped her clogs.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Amohpmyl wrote: Winnie Mandela has popped her clogs.
Should be a cheap cremation, just a car tire and half a gallon of gasoline.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Not too soon.

John D

Post by John D »

Amohpmyl wrote: Not too soon.
Not at all too soon. Winnie was a monster... really... 100% evil. I just wonder if I am wise to post this on Facebook. Very tempting.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

John D wrote:
Not at all too soon. Winnie was a monster... really... 100% evil. I just wonder if I am wise to post this on Facebook. Very tempting.
Facebook has been on a banning spree lately. I would refrain.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

John D wrote:
Could be considered incendiary.

John D

Post by John D »

Shatterface wrote:
John D wrote:
Could be considered incendiary.
:clap:

Really?

Post by Really? »

d4m10n wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:07 am
CommanderTuvok wrote:
d4m10n wrote: Anyone else in OKC this weekend?

Still trying to figure out which speakers are worth seeing live... :think:
Just checked the speaking line-up. Not impressed, but then again, there are a few there that I have never heard off.

Interestingly, Silverman has recently started to virtue signal with the SJWs to try and save his career, and make amends after his treacherous moment of insanity where he reached out to Republican atheists.
American Atheists never stopped reaching out to conservatives until they were told to bugger off earlier this year.
Silverman doesn't seem to note the irony. He doesn't seem to be in favor of being rejected from events or communities based upon tangential ideological differences...this time. I guess he's in the shit, right?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

John D wrote:
Never forget what she was, an evil witch full of communism.

https://i.imgur.com/F4Tbp17.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YyUjdzf.jpg

So I fully expect the MSM to wax lyrical about her "struggle" :x

John D

Post by John D »

Softball thrown by WaPo... of course. They get to her being found to be a murderer, but then they say her crimes were "alleged". Haha. Oh no... the "Mother of Africa" can't be too besmirched. Not good form now that she croaked. It couldn't have been her own greed and evil that caused her to murder all her political enemies.... oh no.... the ends justified the means. Who cared if she was torturing and killing fellow blacks who just wanted to be part of the black political movement.

Here is their closing paragraph:
“Without condoning her misdemeanors, we must acknowledge that she is a victim, she is damaged and hurt,” said Kgalema Motlanthe, at the time the ANC’s secretary general and later the nation’s president. “When someone is subjected to the kind of consistent persecution and harassment she suffered from the apartheid system, something is bound to snap. We understand that and will always be there for her.”
fucking "misdemeanors"... WTF!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ob ... 920b9c0cb1

Really?

Post by Really? »

The Parkland students who want to take gun rights away from law-abiding Americans in the wake of a tragedy are now upset about people taking away their rights in the wake of a tragedy.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:35 am
Had a dream last night that Jesus returned, but instead of initiating the rapture he chose to partner with a Latina cop in LA and solve crimes. In his off time he enjoys karaoke-he sang Stairway to Heaven. He didn't have any powers and I don't know why, but it really bothered him that he couldn't cure his partner's daughter's(partner was a single mom) epilepsy.
https://scatteredquotes.com/wp-content/ ... 0104-1.jpg

:whistle:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

I'm in love!

1) Smoking hot
2) Military skills
3) Fit as a butchers dog
'aint no ass like some IDF ass!

Really?

Post by Really? »

Bhurzum wrote: I'm in love!

1) Smoking hot
2) Military skills
3) Fit as a butchers dog
Reminded me of this:

John D

Post by John D »

1) Smoking hot
2) Military skills
3) Fit as a butchers dog

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

shoutinghorse wrote:
John D wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/tyFme9f.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-43621112

John D

Post by John D »

shoutinghorse wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
John D wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/tyFme9f.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-43621112
I posted this on Facebook.... so... haha... we will see what happens.
I heard a rumor that Winnie Mandella's cremation ceremony involves a car tire and a gallon of gas. Can anyone confirm?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The way people carp on about Winnie being a monster when the female teacher rapists march on.

Kirb - trigger warning

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/988f ... ee5c89bd2d

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-l ... 9a74710c0d

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987 wrote: The way people carp on about Winnie being a monster when the female teacher rapists march on.

Kirb - trigger warning

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/988f ... ee5c89bd2d

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-l ... 9a74710c0d
She has been charged with sexual battery with a student, 16 or 17 years of age, with no aggravated force or coercion.
16 or 17 year old lad ? .. Somehow I doubt she was the one doing the battering :P
:cdc:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I hear Winnie Mandela was very generous -- she used to give people jewelry.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

katamari Damassi wrote:
My friend made this:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443512/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Check out ese dream Jesus.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

1) Smoking hot
2) Military skills
3) Fit as a butchers dog
Jew would, wouldn't jew...

katamari Damassi

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
My friend made this:

I've seen and enjoyed that movie. Please, please, please tell me your friend is gay porn star Zak Spears who played the coach.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Article archived also *trigger warning* because it is the usually muddled mess that VICE is noted for: Too Many Atheists Are Veering Dangerously Toward the Alt-Right

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
My friend made this:

I've seen and enjoyed that movie. Please, please, please tell me your friend is gay porn star Zak Spears who played the coach.
No it's the writer/producer/director. But he told me a funny anecdote of how he ended up casting Spears.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Chris 'I pierced my ears with Lifesavers™ mints' Steadman wrote:... the atheists who consider themselves “anti-theists,” or vehemently opposed to religion in all its forms and eager to proactively fight it, have the highest rates of dogmatism and anger.

Croft suggested that this may be at the heart of the seeming kinship between so-called anti-theists and the alt-right.
All the hardened anti-theists I've encountered are also SJWs.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

AndrewV69 wrote: Article archived also *trigger warning* because it is the usually muddled mess that VICE is noted for: Too Many Atheists Are Veering Dangerously Toward the Alt-Right
"The alt-right intentionally targets and preys on people—young white men in particular—who feel disconnected, marginalized, and misunderstood, seeking to give them a sense of identity, belonging, and purpose. It’s not surprising then that atheists, who are often marginalized in America, may be prime targets."

:think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Thread: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Amohpmyl wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Article archived also *trigger warning* because it is the usually muddled mess that VICE is noted for: Too Many Atheists Are Veering Dangerously Toward the Alt-Right
"The alt-right intentionally targets and preys on people—young white men in particular—who feel disconnected, marginalized, and misunderstood, seeking to give them a sense of identity, belonging, and purpose. It’s not surprising then that atheists, who are often marginalized in America, may be prime targets."

:think: :think: :think: :think: :think:
I see that part stood out for you too.