Old subthreads
John D

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by John D »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:37 am
John D wrote: Songs that I now hate:

Emerson Lake and Palmer "Lucky Man"
John Lennon "Imagine" (fuck this fucking song... fuck!)
Doobie Brothers "Love the One Your'e With"
Boston "Peace of Mind"
Love the One You're With was NOT the Doobie Brothers;
Well... fuckit... now I hate it even more!

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Brive1987 wrote:
Stop unaligned immigration,
This seems fine but I don't totally understand your qualifier. You mean people who don't intend to assimilate? Tighter border controll and more thorough background checks? I totally agree with you if that's what you mean, and I don't want my country to move toward opening the floodgates they way some countries have.
set strong culturally based house rules,
What does this look like in practice? What culturally based laws does Australia need that it doesn't already have? Does this just mean Australia should resist making Eid a national holiday, or something more?
zero tolerance for cultural terraforming,
Meaning what? If you show up in Oz and preach the koran you get deported? Fish and chips are OK but GTFO with that curry?
no special rights or services to accommodate relative dysfunction,
I think I'm on board with that one.
celebrate your special historical heritage without a black armband,
Sounds good. Black armbands went out of style 70 years ago. Double plus bad fashion choice. Consider stylish overcoat and snappy haircut.

:dance: :dance:
provide financial incentives for the FO in FIFO to make their escape.
OK in theory. In practice I'm not sure people will like their tax dollars going to pay immigrants to fuck off, but then it might be a better solution than something more trumpish.
That’s more of a start than any of your unicorn solutions.
Maybe I don't totally get your vision, but most of these seem doable within the representative republics that we have now. Our politicians could reform their immigration and entitlement policies if they had the political will, they just don't at the moment. In the US we don't tolerate immigrants raping little boys because of "sexual emergencies" and "not knowing better" and it's hard for me to understand how that kind of "tolerance" became a thing in Europe (Oz as well?). Part of the issue there actually seems to be that immigrants can count on the priviledge of not having the laws apply to them. That shit needs to end ASAP. IMO there is a difference between a non-ethnically based republic and a republic that doesn't enforce its own sovereignty, and the UK, Germany, and Sweden are starting to look like the latter kind of republic.

The main places I have questions are the bits where you start talking about "culturally based house rules" and "culturaly terraforming". I'm not sure what you mean, and I don't know that I would consider these things necessary or helpful.

feathers

Post by feathers »

John D wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:08 am
Songs that I now hate:
Doobie Brothers "Love the One Your'e With"
Wouldn't that be Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young?

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I’m having thoughts about banging the Secretary of Homeland Security. Does that make me a national security theat?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ah crap.

John D

Post by John D »

These are really interesting videos regarding the education system. This Caplan guy claims that most of the purpose of our education system is just signaling. He points out that if we push more and more people to get a college education that we will eventually require garbage men to get a degree.

Good stuff.... and most of it I agree with.

John D

Post by John D »

mordacious1 wrote: I’m having thoughts about banging the Secretary of Homeland Security. Does that make me a national security theat?
The mom from Family Ties is the new Homeland Security Secretary??????????
4-5-2018 11-19-23 AM.jpg
(95.17 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
4-5-2018 11-20-32 AM.jpg
(65.01 KiB) Downloaded 150 times

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

mordacious1 wrote: I’m having thoughts about banging the Secretary of Homeland Security. Does that make me a national security theat?
I'd certainly invade her southern border...

http://www.govconexec.com/wp-content/up ... ielsen.jpg

...and flood her with my...well, you get the picture.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

She is suspected of being responsible for a number of leaks.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

JayTeeAitch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: British police have arrested a 78 year old pensioner for murder. He was being robbed at the time.
One suspect, armed with a screwdriver, forced the 78-year-old into his kitchen after he discovered them, while his accomplice went upstairs, Scotland Yard said.

A struggle ensued, during which “one of the males found inside the property sustained a stab wound to the upper body”, according to the police.
Doesn’t seem right.
Not 100% sure but I think an arrest is likely in a situation like that. The spaz outs should wait until if/when he's charged.
He cares for his disabled wife too, according to reports here. Not charged yet though, as pointed out already.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

This is for the person that posted the video about Sinclair Broadcasting a couple of days ago.

I just KNEW Jim Cornette would have a thing or three to say about it, given that he is a raging Liberal with some SJW tendencies. And Ring of Honor, the Pro Wrestling company that Cornette used to work for, is coincidentally owned by Sinclair Broadcasting. And Cornette has NEVER had a bad thing to say about any of his previous employers LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaUDlv01BOo

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote:
Shatterface wrote: liberty, democracy,
It must confuse you during that sleepy wake-up fugue every morning wondering whether your freedom and democracy makes you German or French.

Then you wake up screaming because you’re a Pom.

Commiserations.
I wake up every morning wondering which language I'm going to speak today, what with sharing my cultural heritage with the French and the Germans, then I take a bath in my geothermal pool before praying to Odin.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Oglebart wrote:
JayTeeAitch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: British police have arrested a 78 year old pensioner for murder. He was being robbed at the time.
One suspect, armed with a screwdriver, forced the 78-year-old into his kitchen after he discovered them, while his accomplice went upstairs, Scotland Yard said.

A struggle ensued, during which “one of the males found inside the property sustained a stab wound to the upper body”, according to the police.
Doesn’t seem right.
Not 100% sure but I think an arrest is likely in a situation like that. The spaz outs should wait until if/when he's charged.
He cares for his disabled wife too, according to reports here. Not charged yet though, as pointed out already.
Been freed on bail until May pending "further inquiries"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43648896

Don't start thinking this is the end of it, there is a very good chance he will be charged with murder or more probably manslaughter. The law states that you may use 'reasonable force' to protect your property but what constitutes reasonable force is open to interpretation.

The case of Norfolk farmer Tony Martin in 1999 is a point in question with many people believing he was unfairly treated by the CPS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Brive1987 wrote:
Shatterface wrote: liberty, democracy,
It must confuse you during that sleepy wake-up fugue every morning wondering whether your freedom and democracy makes you German or French.

Then you wake up screaming because you’re a Pom.

Commiserations.
Heh. Well we know they don't make you a German.

So by process of elimination... well if that's how it's going to be, maybe I do want an ethnostate. I don't want anything that puts me on the same team as Sartre, Foucault and the rest of the fail brigade that came out of France in the 20th century. I'm off to go join the hammerskins. Rah Rah Rah, yay white people! 1488 everyone! Rahowa Now!

:hankey:

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

What do you get when you cross an alt-righter with a SJW?

Someone who defines himself as belonging to an imaginary ethnicity, and defines their own safe space as their ethno-state :bjarte:

John D

Post by John D »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:57 am
Oglebart wrote:
JayTeeAitch wrote:

Doesn’t seem right.
Been freed on bail until May pending "further inquiries"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43648896

Don't start thinking this is the end of it, there is a very good chance he will be charged with murder or more probably manslaughter. The law states that you may use 'reasonable force' to protect your property but what constitutes reasonable force is open to interpretation.

The case of Norfolk farmer Tony Martin in 1999 is a point in question with many people believing he was unfairly treated by the CPS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)
The other problem with Britain compared to the US is that we at least have trial by jury. In the UK Judges have so much power they do stuff... like find Count Dankula guilty.

No jury in the US would find an old man guilty of murdering an intruder. Prosecutors don't even try anymore. Most people in the US think that a burgler can be killed on the spot if they break into your house.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Anyone else watching "The Terror" on TV?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2708480/

I'm only three episodes in and I'm utterly hooked. Excellent cast/acting, decent pace and the production quality looks through the roof. Very enjoyable stuff!

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/the-te ... ler-fb.jpg

John D

Post by John D »

"I would think whoever would gauge the idea of kicking in my door would be aware there are consequences," he said.
Similar situation. We call old men like this heroes. Of course, our burglars often have guns and intend to use them. It sort of ups the ante compared to the UK. The US does still have a higher homicide rate than other "civilized" countries.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index ... retir.html

John D

Post by John D »

Interesting wiki on the "castle doctrine."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

Barbie's Boyfriend

John D wrote: Interesting wiki on the "castle doctrine."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine
During April of 2013, I had the opportunity to seriously injure/kill a burglar caught in the act of burglarizing my neighbor's condo.

But I didn't. Long story.

Two hints: 1) He was already OUTSIDE, and 2) He was running AWAY from me

Really?

Post by Really? »

I hope this makes the mainstream so people like Dan Arel will have to take a position.

On one hand, it's guns. But they're people of color. And they are working to dismantle whiteness.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Bhurzum wrote: Anyone else watching "The Terror" on TV?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2708480/

I'm only three episodes in and I'm utterly hooked. Excellent cast/acting, decent pace and the production quality looks through the roof. Very enjoyable stuff!

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/the-te ... ler-fb.jpg
I've not read the book (by Dan Hyperion Simmons) but I'm familiar with what is known about the expedition so I'm betting it's short on laughs.

If you are ever offered a trip on an exploration vessel pay attention to its name.

Nobody ever got eaten on Boaty McBoatface.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Really? wrote: I hope this makes the mainstream so people like Dan Arel will have to take a position.

On one hand, it's guns. But they're people of color. And they are working to dismantle whiteness.
But isn't it ALWAYS acceptable to shoot your oppressor (White Cishet Males) ??? UNless they've "Checked Their Privilege" , natch

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:33 am
Stop unaligned immigration, set strong culturally based house rules, zero tolerance for cultural terraforming, no special rights or services to accommodate relative dysfunction, celebrate your special historical heritage without a black armband, provide financial incentives for the FO in FIFO to make their escape.
Zero tolerance sounds pretty harsh. Are we going to tear down Chinatown and start over, or just send it packing on a fleet of cargo ships? Either way, I'll really miss King Wah.

https://www.enjoyillinois.com/assets/To ... e_2836.jpg

Sarcasm aside, what specific public policies do you actually have in mind to prevent cultural terraforming? Have they been tried anywhere yet?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Really? wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:57 am
I hope this makes the mainstream so people like Dan Arel will have to take a position.

I can tell you exactly what Dan Arel's take on this would be:

https://i.imgur.com/SQ42OyN.jpg

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Labour in Britain are now imposing purity tests on its own MPs. If they fail the purity test, they will be deselected. If Labour come to power in Britain, the Left will seize all public offices, including university professorships, heads of Local Education Authorities, directors of the companies they will nationalise etc etc.

It will be a terrible time for Britain.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Arnieman had surgery today-- made it through just fine. No complications yet. It was a massive tumor. Turns out his buddah belly was tumor, not him getting chubby :-/ Bug he's doing great so far. If he doesn't have any arrhythmias tonight/tomorrow morning I can bring him home tomorrow afternoon.

Your alls thoughts and prayers saved him. Good job, team, lol :-D

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

ERV- YAY!

RE: The Terror. I'm interested but it's on AMC and not viewable to me.

Saw Ready Player One. I liked it. I also enjoyed the book. I was a nerd in the 80's so it felt like the nostalgia was aimed right at me personally. The film is different, but justifies the changes. I don't understand why there's poutrage about it being "misogynistic." The two primary female characters are terrific. Is it because they're not the main protagonists? That they're not Mary Sues?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

katamari Damassi wrote: ERV- YAY!

RE: The Terror. I'm interested but it's on AMC and not viewable to me.

Saw Ready Player One. I liked it. I also enjoyed the book. I was a nerd in the 80's so it felt like the nostalgia was aimed right at me personally. The film is different, but justifies the changes. I don't understand why there's poutrage about it being "misogynistic." The two primary female characters are terrific. Is it because they're not the main protagonists? That they're not Mary Sues?
It's a popular movie which men like and isn't filled with overtly feminist-friendly tropes. The outrage machine needs no other reason.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Apparently there is an arrest warrant out for Conor McGregor after he attacked a rival tour bus in Brooklyn. I have no idea why but then again does he need a reason? The guy is insane. :shock:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/99864262?_ ... ssion=true
7 dead in three incidents within blocks of each other in Chicago. This won't get the huge press of the other shootings. It has the wrong narrative. I would also bet dimes to donuts that the strictest firearms laws wouldn't have prevented them, anymore than the strict drug laws have prevented anybody from getting anything they can afford or steal on Chicago's South Side.

CaptainFluffyBunny

shoutinghorse wrote: Apparently there is an arrest warrant out for Conor McGregor after he attacked a rival tour bus in Brooklyn. I have no idea why but then again does he need a reason? The guy is insane. :shock:

'roid rage?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/99864262?_ ... ssion=true
7 dead in three incidents within blocks of each other in Chicago. This won't get the huge press of the other shootings. It has the wrong narrative. I would also bet dimes to donuts that the strictest firearms laws wouldn't have prevented them, anymore than the strict drug laws have prevented anybody from getting anything they can afford or steal on Chicago's South Side.
The latest convulsion of violence, which occurred over a 12-hour period in the city’s South Shore neighborhood, comes as Chicago tallied nearly 900 murders in the past 15 months.
With more than 760 murders last year, Chicago tallied more killings than New York City and Los Angeles combined. It was the highest murder toll for the city in nearly two decades.
Holy cow.
"The politicians, or the police, they're not doing their job," said Natasha Dunn, a South Shore resident. "The police, most of them mean well, but for the most part there is this lax way of dealing with crime in our community because there is this perception that we are all criminals. We are being ignored."
Wait...does this mean that there's a more nuance approach to the problems of crime in the US than "the white supremacist police is committing genocide against black people"? Who would have thought that.

Barbie's Boyfriend

ERV wrote: Arnieman had surgery today-- made it through just fine. No complications yet. It was a massive tumor. Turns out his buddah belly was tumor, not him getting chubby :-/ Bug he's doing great so far. If he doesn't have any arrhythmias tonight/tomorrow morning I can bring him home tomorrow afternoon.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ERV wrote: Arnieman had surgery today-- made it through just fine. No complications yet. It was a massive tumor. Turns out his buddah belly was tumor, not him getting chubby :-/ Bug he's doing great so far. If he doesn't have any arrhythmias tonight/tomorrow morning I can bring him home tomorrow afternoon.

That is such good news. :dance:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

katamari Damassi wrote: RE: The Terror. I'm interested but it's on AMC and not viewable to me.
Seek and ye shall find! I've watched all available episodes (dodgy online site, glorious HD) and am now itching for the next episode. The beastie lives up to his/her reputation (think: Shardik on 'roids) and as the crew members get gnashed, chomped and maimed, the plot is slowly drip-fed with each scene being a paranoia fuelled ordeal.

Note: My GF has watched everything but she's 100% "meh" about the show.

I know it's entirely subjective but I'm loving the show.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Good news. Hope he fully recovers. GO ARNIE!!!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

d4m10n wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Stop unaligned immigration, set strong culturally based house rules, zero tolerance for cultural terraforming, no special rights or services to accommodate relative dysfunction, celebrate your special historical heritage without a black armband, provide financial incentives for the FO in FIFO to make their escape.
Zero tolerance sounds pretty harsh. Are we going to tear down Chinatown and start over, or just send it packing on a fleet of cargo ships? Either way, I'll really miss King Wah.

Sarcasm aside, what specific public policies do you actually have in mind to prevent cultural terraforming? Have they been tried anywhere yet?
5% power ... so quickly

Chinatown will be redeveloped as it is irrelevant now in Sydney. My suburb is 40% overseas born. Mostly wealthy Chinese. In my locale it would also be irrelevant to chant “we will not be replaced”. Its happened.

Ideas? It’s quite possibly too late to salvage Sydney. The real trick is probably not to accept a global city mentality at the price of locals

On the one hand define motifs of national character on the other don’t brook equivalency.

Foreign language shop signs - nope outside of ‘towns
Automatic provision of translator services
Chinese money accepted by Public Schhols for cultural programs
Bring back European language classes in school

Umm 2%. I will return

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Brive1987 wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

5% power ... so quickly

Chinatown will be redeveloped as it is irrelevant now in Sydney. My suburb is 40% overseas born. Mostly wealthy Chinese. In my locale it would also be irrelevant to chant “we will not be replaced”. Its happened.

Ideas? It’s quite possibly too late to salvage Sydney. The real trick is probably not to accept a global city mentality at the price of locals

On the one hand define motifs of national character on the other don’t brook equivalency.

Umm 2%. I will return
Disney will purchase Chinatown. Residents will be replaced by animatronics. Restaurants and souvenir shops will remain open.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

5% power ... so quickly

Umm 2%. I will return
Disney will purchase Chinatown. Residents will be replaced by animatronics. Restaurants and souvenir shops will remain open.
And the only thing the tourists will notice is that it's easier to make themselves understood.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Oddly enough I just got back from our local Hmart (very large Korean market) where a person of Korean heritage sat in a flag-draped booth passing out copies of the Constitution of the United States of America. Most of our Asian imports are quite proud to be Americans and assimilate.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Hope Not Hate finally addressed the issue of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party and are surprised at the response:
ANTISEMITISM IN THE LABOUR PARTY: WHERE TO GO FROM HERE

Last Monday, I wrote a blog in which I called on Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn to apologise for seemingly defending a clearly antisemitic mural by the street artist Mear One. Over the next few days I and HOPE not hate have been inundated with angry comments claiming my blog was part of a wider attempt by Corbyn’s opponents to undermine his leadership. I was personally called a “baby killer” by one person, who claimed that my blog made it easier for Israeli warplanes to bomb innocent civilians in Gaza. In 29 years of fighting fascism, I have never experienced the level of abuse we have received this week. The fact this abuse came from people purporting to be from the left has made it all the more shocking.
https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/2018/04/ ... -party-go/

Keating

Post by Keating »

mike150160 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:20 am
Keating wrote: The definition of racism kinda breaks down for me there. I’m not convinced it’s inherently racist to not be Race X, not live in the country where Race X originates and also prefer to not have Race X around you in your own country, but want the best for Race Xers in their own country and be very willing to help them make Race X Country the best it can be by their own definition.

Can you only not be racist if you shun your racial heritage and only live among different races?
That's the sneaky one. If that's your preference that's racist. In practice, I suspect, it won't be race because unless they're displaying some visual, behavioural or cultural clues, all you really have is accent and skin colour.

Personally, I don't give a shit as long as they obey the law.
That’s a good point, although it suggests freedom of association is inherently problematic.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Crafty Cockney Eric Bristol has died, aged treble top.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Bristow. Fucking tits-obsessed autocorrect.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Glad to hear Arine is doing better.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Interesting cultural issue: Tourist Asians who come to Australia infinitely preferred to be served by other Asians. So much so, that a good chunk of the working holiday visa program is hotels hiring Asians as staff. It ever extends to sex workers. The South Korean government really hates that Korean women come to Australia to have sex with other Koreans here legally and has been trying to get us to shut it down for years.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Some of the Baboons seem really upset 'cos Jerry Coyne put some poll. :)

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Jonathan Haidt's The Righteous Mind is 99p in today's Kindle Daily Deal.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CommanderTuvok wrote: Some of the Baboons seem really upset 'cos Jerry Coyne put some poll. :)
Geeze, why didn't he just "Phrangulate" the poll? Or was messing with polls only cool when he did it? He also reveals that all you have to say is that Slymepit "denizens" are involved and it automatically invalidates everything about it, no need to engage with the ideas.

What a horrific little fucktard. And how far he has fallen. He should be grateful for us, 'cause nobody else even cares anymore.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

"Infested" in this case meaning "Matt and Aneris post there."

Of course in the increasingly tiny and incestuous circles PZ still travels in he knows saying such will make them assume without even checking that Jerry's got dozens of pitizens hanging around his site. What a turd.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Most of the people in that twitter thread think it don't prove nuttin', but at least one bright bulb thinks it does prove that 2% of respondents are open Nazis.

I presume that no dishonest actors hostile to Jerry could have possibly been among the respondents. Surely.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Sunder wrote: "Infested" in this case meaning "Matt and Aneris post there."

Of course in the increasingly tiny and incestuous circles PZ still travels in he knows saying such will make them assume without even checking that Jerry's got dozens of pitizens hanging around his site. What a turd.
I also post there as XCellKen. Now that's three

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Keating wrote:
mike150160 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:20 am
Keating wrote: The definition of racism kinda breaks down for me there. I’m not convinced it’s inherently racist to not be Race X, not live in the country where Race X originates and also prefer to not have Race X around you in your own country, but want the best for Race Xers in their own country and be very willing to help them make Race X Country the best it can be by their own definition.

Can you only not be racist if you shun your racial heritage and only live among different races?
That's the sneaky one. If that's your preference that's racist. In practice, I suspect, it won't be race because unless they're displaying some visual, behavioural or cultural clues, all you really have is accent and skin colour.

Personally, I don't give a shit as long as they obey the law.
That’s a good point, although it suggests freedom of association is inherently problematic.
There's a difference between not associating with someone as a private person and banning them from a country as a public institution.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Myers now seems to occupy the position of the coattail rider for other Z-list slacktivists. Most of his few remaining Hordelings have a larger social media presence than him now.

This is a man who went from Dawkins's pal to Dawkins's flea to the dust mite clinging to the backs of his fleas.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:24 pm
There's a difference between not associating with someone as a private person and banning them from a country as a public institution.
I didn’t say there wasn’t. My point was that I don’t think that position is inherently racist.

Personally, I’d support a Japanese style immigration system. Australia’s immigration system isn’t terrible, we just invite way too many people to live here, to the point we had a PM who wanted to double our population within 30 years. That’s a bigger problem than the boat people and off shore processing, although I strongly support our stance on that too.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I do wish we had a stronger spine, though. Most of those fuckers end up in Australia anyway, simply because we can’t find anyone else who wants them. (That’s largely because we do a fairly good job of working out exactly who they are, and the ones who stay there longest are terrible people with long criminal records in their source country.) Fortunately, we have a vassal State to dump them on.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Some of the Baboons seem really upset 'cos Jerry Coyne put some poll. :)
Based on PZ's previous stuff, I am confused. Did we rape the polls or goose-step all over them?

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Keating wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:24 pm
I didn’t say there wasn’t. My point was that I don’t think that position is inherently racist.

Personally, I’d support a Japanese style immigration system. Australia’s immigration system isn’t terrible, we just invite way too many people to live here, to the point we had a PM who wanted to double our population within 30 years. That’s a bigger problem than the boat people and off shore processing, a lthough I strongly support ance on that too.
I remember at the height of the 'boat people' crisis a US spokesman took a question from a Japanese reporter whose leading question ended with something like 'admit it, you are not taking more boat people because US polices are biased against Asian people" [or something to that effect]

The US spokesman said something like "the US has let in over 10,000 of these people and at last count Japan has let in 17, so I don't think we are the biased country here."