There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Lsuoma »

rayshul wrote: Those pictures of France completely terrify me.

I was there in the mid 2000s and this shit was not going on then
Stop laying pipes!!!

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:29 am
Would it be that bad if there was WW3? Sure millions would die and millions more would be condemned to a life of radiation sickness misery, half of the earth would be uninhabitable for centuries, the ash clouds could spark another ice age but would it be so bad? really? I see it more as a reboot than the end.

Go Trump. :violence-guntoting:
World Wars tend to happen when superpowers go isolationist, rogue despots begin to get ideas beyond their station and conflicts are allowed to fester.. Trump has the right idea in this regard. He is not afraid of reminding twerps like Kim Jong-un where their place in the pecking order is. His delivery needs work though.

Victor Davis Hanson, whatever you might think of him, argues that Germany was clearly unable to match the resources of Britain and the US and if the latter two had displayed the confidence to send Adolf to the dog box early on in the game he would never have risked war with them. We keep forgetting this lesson because it is an unpleasant fact to have to face. Limited ugliness now is always preferable to lots of it later, but the modern world has deluded itself into the belief that the old rules no longer apply. It would be luvverly if despotic bullies could be persuaded to undergo extensive therapy, but that isn't likely to happen so we either let them steal our sandwiches or whack them with our lunchbox.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
Would it be that bad if there was WW3? Sure millions would die and millions more would be condemned to a life of radiation sickness misery, half of the earth would be uninhabitable for centuries, the ash clouds could spark another ice age but would it be so bad? really? I see it more as a reboot than the end.

World Wars tend to happen when superpowers go isolationist, rogue despots begin to get ideas beyond their station and conflicts are allowed to fester.. Trump has the right idea in this regard. He is not afraid of reminding twerps like Kim Jong-un where their place in the pecking order is. His delivery needs work though.

Victor Davis Hanson, whatever you might think of him, argues that Germany was clearly unable to match the resources of Britain and the US and if the latter two had displayed the confidence to send Adolf to the dog box early on in the game he would never have risked war with them. We keep forgetting this lesson because it is an unpleasant fact to have to face. Limited ugliness now is always preferable to lots of it later, but the modern world has deluded itself into the belief that the old rules no longer apply. It would be luvverly if despotic bullies could be persuaded to undergo extensive therapy, but that isn't likely to happen so we either let them steal our sandwiches or whack them with our lunchbox.
World War Two did indeed likely happen because Hitler was given too much wiggle room. But World War One happened because of a long buildup of geopolitical tensions between superpowers created a n armosphere of tension where many near misses eventually led to a spark which made the entire system explode.

So I guess that interventions are a crapshoot.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

HoneyWagon wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:58 pm
The Orbit-Con is just around the corner folks!
I do hope they will find the space to discuss David Silverman. Maybe they can shoe-horn him in when they discuss the wrong-think if Steven Pinker.
https://the-orbit.net/orbitcon/2018/04/ ... -schedule/

https://i.imgur.com/OrqEf1G.png
If they were honest, the Opening Remarks on "Staying Relevant as a Movement" would be that they are not relevant, and then everyone could go home.

some guy

Post by some guy »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: World Wars tend to happen when superpowers go isolationist, rogue despots begin to get ideas beyond their station and conflicts are allowed to fester.. Trump has the right idea in this regard. He is not afraid of reminding twerps like Kim Jong-un where their place in the pecking order is. His delivery needs work though.

I think there is a difference between what Hitler and Assad were/are doing (from the perspective of the outside world and what they were responding to). Hitler was attempting to expand the size of Germany at the expense of his neighbors, whereas Assad is "merely" attempting to stay in power of the whole of existing Syria. So Germany was a threat to other nations, whereas Syria is not.

some guy

Post by some guy »

HoneyWagon wrote: The Orbit-Con is just around the corner folks!
I do hope they will find the space to discuss David Silverman. Maybe they can shoe-horn him in when they discuss the wrong-think if Steven Pinker.
How about we suggest additional panels?

How to make bank off the Atheist/Skeptic/SJW community without actually doing anything of value.
- Heina Dadabhoy, Rebecca Watson,

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Cunk on Britain 2 is up:

"Horror Show Nelson" :dance: :dance: :dance:

feathers

Post by feathers »

I hear the Silver membership has been abandoned.

feathers

Post by feathers »

HoneyWagon wrote:

So soopergenius Hornbeck is going to take down Pinker a notch. Who wouldn't want to see that?
answer: I wouldn't

Also, 1-hour talks are long enough at a real conference, but online everybody will be bored stiff. Well at least they can't disturb the talk while they leave the auditorium.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:

If they were honest, the Opening Remarks on "Staying Relevant as a Movement" would be that they are not relevant, and then everyone could go home.
True honesty would be Steph Zsvan on all fours in front of a trough, her fat face inhaling burgers and fries while an endless queue of blue-haired women and weedy cucks poured in bucketfuls of fresh food and whispered their deepest secrets into her porcine ears.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

As skeptics we shouldn't reject the 'Nuclear War can't be all bad' hypothesis until we have tested it.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Kirbmarc wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:13 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

World War Two did indeed likely happen because Hitler was given too much wiggle room. But World War One happened because of a long buildup of geopolitical tensions between superpowers created a n armosphere of tension where many near misses eventually led to a spark which made the entire system explode.

I'll offer a tentative counter to that explanation of WW1. The dominant power of the time, Britain, was declining which left no-one to crack the whip. The Germans were hopeful that Britain wouldn't want to go to war over Belgian sovereignty. The house of cards fell because it wasn't clear to all parties that war would be a very bad idea. If the major powers had reason to fear the consequences they would have told the Serbs and Austro-Hungarians to SFU and stand in their corners facing the wall, instead they all thought they could sneak an advantage. Problem was nobody with enough power to keep everyone in line and perceived weaknesses in the opposition.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

"It's a sobering thought. Because they were all pissed to the bollocks on rum..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

I'll offer a tentative counter to that explanation of WW1. The dominant power of the time, Britain, was declining which left no-one to crack the whip. The Germans were hopeful that Britain wouldn't want to go to war over Belgian sovereignty. The house of cards fell because it wasn't clear to all parties that war would be a very bad idea. If the major powers had reason to fear the consequences they would have told the Serbs and Austro-Hungarians to SFU and stand in their corners facing the wall, instead they all thought they could sneak an advantage. Problem was nobody with enough power to keep everyone in line and perceived weaknesses in the opposition.
A couple of deep historical analyses.

WW1 as a bar fight.jpg
(306.55 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Keeping London safe.

https://i.imgur.com/hoEoHY0.png

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Keeping Sadiq Khan safe.

London/UK - fucked.

John D

Post by John D »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:39 am
Keeping London safe.

The London police.... bringing sticks to a knife fight.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

feathers wrote: Also, 1-hour talks are long enough at a real conference, but online everybody will be bored stiff.
Doubt any stiffness will result from the asexual atheists panel.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
feathers wrote: Also, 1-hour talks are long enough at a real conference, but online everybody will be bored stiff.
Doubt any stiffness will result from the asexual atheists panel.
Hopefully Siggy will perform his triangle solo.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Brive1987 wrote: It’s possible Trump may nuke Russia just to show the fake news how wrong they were.
I was legitimately worried about the prospect of him nuking North Korea. By now we have a pattern in place - he does more kicking and screaming than anything else. It's not impossible that he would do something rash, but he does seem to have some sense of which actions to stay away from for the sake of self-preservation. Who knows, though, maybe Bolton will talk him into it. Or maybe he'll do it to distract people while he fires his entire justice department to keep them away from his money laundering real estate business.

John D

Post by John D »

Danielle Muskato at 6:30

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

Might be worth reading this:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/wor ... -1914.html

Germany went to war believing they had a commitment from Britain to stay out of it. I'm pretty sure I've seen a version of this story where George V answers a question effectively from the Kaiser about whether Britain would go to war with some weak ambiguous nonsense like "I'm sure it won't come to that" which was then taken as a further assurance.

Total mess caused, in part, by Britain not being clear it was prepared to go to war.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Doesn't Trump work for the Russians or something?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Ape+lust wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:59 am
:lol:

Dave Takes Peez's Money and Goes to CPAC - a heartbreaking tale of betrayal.

Wily Dave, making conservadroids think he's sincere:

https://imgur.com/RrAgST0.png

Hah! See? That's my boy.

Why does Peez hate transpeople? Why hasn't he changed his old pieces to reflect that Danielle is a woman?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

And he is dead-naming xir.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Metropolitan police showing their grit & determination to do the wrong thing. Again!
I do not want anyone to feel intimidated or that they are not being allowed to respond in a dignified way to a tragic death.
http://news.met.police.uk/news/statemen ... een-302509

ThreeFlangedJavis

shoutinghorse wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:39 am
Keeping London safe.

Metropolitan Police, the enforcement arm of the Muslim Council of Britain.

I always knew there was an authoritarian bent to the British political classes, but I never imagined that they would go so far as to stomp over personal freedoms as readily as they do now. It looks as if any conflict between freedoms and security is going to be resolved in favour of security. That would be bad enough, but the primary concern seems to be the security of a demographic acting like an invasion force. It is a bit mystifying though how a government overseeing the suppression of resistance to a cultural invasion has given the country Amber Rudd, who in some respects seems like a traditional hardline Tory.

John D

Post by John D »

Responding to a child having a temper tantrum by patting them on the head and giving them a lolly is a bad plan... a really bad plan.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

John D wrote: Responding to a child having a temper tantrum by patting them on the head and giving them a lolly is a bad plan... a really bad plan.
True. Trump Sr. shouldn't have done that.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Kirbmarc wrote:
John D wrote: Responding to a child having a temper tantrum by patting them on the head and giving them a lolly is a bad plan... a really bad plan.
True. Trump Sr. shouldn't have done that.
Have we incorporated the Trump-hating thread into the main thread now?

John D

Post by John D »

Crime stats are tricky, but this source suggests that, while there is a much higher murder rate in the US, there are higher assault and total crime victim rates in the UK.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-inf ... ates/Crime

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Crime stats are tricky, but this source suggests that, while there is a much higher murder rate in the US, there are higher assault and total crime victim rates in the UK.

We get the job done.

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote: Crime stats are tricky, but this source suggests that, while there is a much higher murder rate in the US, there are higher assault and total crime victim rates in the UK.

We get the job done.
Thinning the herd?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

When you take out the innocent youfs of color that get shot by racist police the stats are pretty much equal.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

0.236 murders with firearms per million compared with 32.5. Yeah, it's like a warzone over here.

We may have a higher crime rate but since our crimes include dogs giving Nazi salutes that's hardly surprising.

Also, how come the US has only 3% more executions per year than the UK, a country which doesn't have the death penalty?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Drugs > Opiates use 0.9%
Ranked 1st. 58% more than United States
Heh. Tell me about it. My local area is presently being plagued by a scum of the earth baghead who has been causing no end of trouble. The police - well, most of the time it appears to be PCSOs - have been dragging their heels over it, in typical fashion. For a country that's so often been described as a police state, they do seem remarkably unenthusiastic about it all. It says much when you actually feel you'd be better off with one of those muzzbot sharia patrols working the area. Thanks, UK, ur doing great!

BTW, this junkie is so utterly addled, he actually got banned from the chemist which supplies his methadone prescription for being so abusive to the staff. It really takes one massive cunt to have a level of cuntiness which actually overcomes the necessities of opiate addiction. :lol:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Also, why only look at opiate usage rather than, say, meth?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Oh, right. So they are comparing executions that were carried out in the last year that executions were carried out. So their stats are comparing the U.K. And the US in two different centuries?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

There's a shit load of hysteria over the crime statistics in the U.K. but the reason that London has overtaken New York for the first time ever is that New Yorkers have stopped killing each other in their thousands. And that's not true about other US cities like Chicago.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Gorgeous George

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Service Dog wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:33 pm
katamari Damassi wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:30 pm
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: The more I see and hear from Service Dog, the more I believe he isn't real, but in fact is just a Matrix-type program making bits of katamari's imagination manifest themselves on the Pit.
I'm not that imaginative.
Me neither. I think it might be Mr. X, Indeed's imagination.
I assume the pit is part of some prolonged acid flashback that I'm unaware of having. Maybe I'm sleeping in alleyways and under bridges on the left bank while subsisting on handouts of duck confit, Brillat-Savarin cheese, and Armagnac. I've always gotten along well with deranged Eastern European kitchen workers.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

shoutinghorse wrote: Gorgeous George

No evidence.....but Russia at the UN denied the chance for investigators to get that evidence.... Why would they do that? It's a mystery! /sarcasm

And "no evidence" just like there was no evidence pro-Russian rebels shot down MH17.
And "no evidence" Russia ever had a doping programme.
And "no evidence" they had anything to do with Salisbury.
And "no evidence" dozens of journalists and political opponents of Putin have been murdered.

There is "no evidence" of anything against Russia. It's just the poor victim of a huge "false flag" campaign, and unfortunate coincidences.

George Galloway is still a cunt, I see.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Old_ones wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:41 am
Brive1987 wrote: It’s possible Trump may nuke Russia just to show the fake news how wrong they were.
I was legitimately worried about the prospect of him nuking North Korea. By now we have a pattern in place - he does more kicking and screaming than anything else. It's not impossible that he would do something rash, but he does seem to have some sense of which actions to stay away from for the sake of self-preservation. Who knows, though, maybe Bolton will talk him into it. Or maybe he'll do it to distract people while he fires his entire justice department to keep them away from his money laundering real estate business.
Bolton is going to be a problem.

The way that I look at it, there have been enough adults around Trump that he hasn't been allowed to do anything supremely stupid. But Bolton is the type to suggest something stupid of which even Trump hasn't thought.

Put another way, until now, the adults-in-the-room have kept Trump away from the codes. But Bolton is the sort to write them on Trump's hand, in case he needs (or just wants) them.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Did Mattis recently say that there was no evidence that last year’s gas attack had anything to do with Assad?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Keating wrote: Did Mattis recently say that there was no evidence that last year’s gas attack had anything to do with Assad?
If "recently" includes two months ago, then Yes.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

CommanderTuvok wrote: George Galloway is still a cunt, I see.
https://media.tenor.com/images/18ae86fc ... /tenor.gif

Oh how I laughed when half a dozen Glaswegians punched his fucking lights out at Glasgow airport. Obnoxious, slippery scumbag brings my blood to the boil.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Wow, nobody has posted here in hours. I don't have anything to say, but I was feeling nostalgic for this band, so here:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Look at this bullshit.
The prospect of constant sniping from Tony Abbott on migration is more proof of the lust for destruction within a federal Coalition that is struggling so badly to offer the “stable government” it promised at the last election.

No issue has the power to divide Australians like a call to turn away migrants. Anxiety about population growth is a force that cannot be contained once it is unleashed. Knowing this, the political leaders of the past agreed on bipartisan policy for decades.
People worried about replacement will launch a revolution, and so our 2 parties have a policy of alignment. To replace.

Now we have 190,000 migrants a year. Plus 20,000 extra humanitarian. This dastardly proposal is to reduce the flow by 20,000 in total. Our historical average migration is/was 70,000.

We are fucked.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 4z96y.html

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Needless to say virtually all migrants hit dirt in Sydney or Melbourne. Hence these pivotal centres really do experience population replacement and cease to be Australian by any meaningful measure.

Seriously. Check these maps out.

https://www.bobinoz.com/blog/17428/who- ... an-cities/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

In 2016 NSW had negative 11,000 net interstate migration (NIM). Other people call NIM white flight. But this is semantics. Naturally this figure doesn’t include people pissing off out of Sydney but staying in NSW. Which is, of course, pretty much every “old stockers” dream.

Sell the house to the Chinese and leave em to the place. Sydney is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

To think that some people find philosophy hard to embrace.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:28 am
Needless to say virtually all migrants hit dirt in Sydney or Melbourne. Hence these pivotal centres really do experience population replacement and cease to be Australian by any meaningful measure.

Seriously. Check these maps out.

https://www.bobinoz.com/blog/17428/who- ... an-cities/

I did not bother because of something I have observed.

Pretty much all the WEIRD (Western, Educated, Industrialized, Rich, And Democratic) countries are doing the population replacement thing.

Why? I dunno but the following keeps going through my mind:
If the people will not change, I will change the people
So far so good?

<insert paranoid conspiracy theory here, preferably a grand unifying one that covers all eventualities, like the Illuminati/Space Lizards etc. etc. are behind it all >

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Apparently I live in the most advantaged LGA. In the whole of fucking Australia.

Sounds great. But our mayor person notes we have our challenges.
Responding to the ABS findings, Ku-ring-gai mayor Jennifer Anderson said that despite the ABS’ judgement of Ku-ring-gai’s privilege, the LGA still has much to do.

“Around 40 per cent of our residents are migrants and many of these are non-English speaking, needing our help to build their lives here,” Ms Anderson said.
40% are rich Chinese and Indians taking advantage of our globalised city. And this isn’t factoring in second-gen migrants.

So to the bleeding heart liberal “replacement denialists”.

Fuck you.

That is all.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

As seen on Twatter:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I can always rely on the Pit to put a smile on my face.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

You will assimilate, resistance is futile.
We believe that European countries, where there is much debate now, and other countries around the world ... need to enhance national assimilation programmes and criminalise hatred and contempt for adherents of religions because this threatens the safety of the community
https://in.reuters.com/article/saudi-eu ... N1?rpc=401&

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Shatterface wrote:

0.236 murders with firearms per million compared with 32.5. Yeah, it's like a warzone over here.

We may have a higher crime rate but since our crimes include dogs giving Nazi salutes that's hardly surprising.

Also, how come the US has only 3% more executions per year than the UK, a country which doesn't have the death penalty?
We basically don't have the death penalty either. If you get a death sentence you get a bunch of chances to get it reversed in the appellate courts, and it takes a long time (tens of years in some cases) for them to actually carry it out. We also constantly have arguments over whether the contemporary method of execution is "cruel and unusual" and therefore unconstitutional. We also have a reasonable number of states who have done away with the death penalty entirely.

If we were going to be smart about it we would do away with the death penalty altogether, because it is nothing but a waste of court time. The rare criminals who deserve it enough to be considered for it should be given a prison term long enough that they'll never be paroled. Problem solved.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

shoutinghorse wrote: You will assimilate, resistance is futile.
We believe that European countries, where there is much debate now, and other countries around the world ... need to enhance national assimilation programmes and criminalise hatred and contempt for adherents of religions because this threatens the safety of the community
https://in.reuters.com/article/saudi-eu ... N1?rpc=401&
It's rich of a man who has promoted religious hatred for nonbelivers or non-muslims or Shia or Ahmadi or Ba'hai to now tut-tut at Western democracies because according to him the criticism of islam is so "hateful".

The ones who need to be criminalized are the Salafi clerics preaching muslim supremacist ideas, like this asshole.