There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
mordacious1

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by mordacious1 »

So...now that Barbara Bush is dead, will they take her off the oatmeal box?

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Okay, just one last hurrah with David Silverman and then I'll let it go forever . . .
Five years is a long time to wait, but there it is.

Farewell, sweet prince. You were really fun at parties.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote: Barbara Bush died (see previous post)
So Hillary has killed again.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

katamari Damassi wrote:
And it only took Hillary 92 years

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
And it only took Hillary 92 years
Barbydoll was getting ready to spill the beans on the deep state. Hillary ordered MI6 to kill her with Novichuk, just as her brazen attempt on some innocent Russian citizen and her traitorous scum father. Then blame it on Russia.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Stankeye wrote:
Pseudomonas wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Fuck me. Terry Firma writes a piece at TFA, annoyed that some cunt at the New Yorker (okay, they're all cunts at the New Yorker) threw a hissy fit cuz Chic-Fil-A is allowed open stores in Manhattan, thus defiling its SocJus purity.

And of course Hemant's Hordeling are having a melt-down cuz Firma is literally murdering gays. Oh, and they're also suggesting the city should indeed ban Chic-Fil-A.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... -cry-foul/
The view from a "capitalist 1%er, red state, chicken eating, cow expert", Larry Correia ... :bjarte:

Pseudomonas
I liked that article. I read his about me, and that was great too. Maybe I should read his books.
He lost me when he blamed Bill Clinton for him not joining the military.
From the New Yorker article:
The company’s advertising manager doubles as its “Cow czar.” The Cows have their own calendar. (This year’s theme is “Steers of Yesteryear.”)
We can dream, goddammit, we can dream... Can't we?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

The worst thing about witnessing someone you love with disease is not the pain or the hardships they must endure, the mountain of medicine they imbibe each day just to function, or the knowledge you know or fear it will not get better: the worst thing is seeing the loss of their love for life, the spring in their step, the glint in their eyes, and that you miss it so much it hurts.

I wish things could be better, brothers and sisters. I really do. Hang in there. I also don't read the Slymepit as much as I used to. I regret that. I'll try to post more in future.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, I really do...

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Pitchguest wrote: The worst thing about witnessing someone you love with disease is not the pain or the hardships they must endure, the mountain of medicine they imbibe each day just to function, or the knowledge you know or fear it will not get better: the worst thing is seeing the loss of their love for life, the spring in their step, the glint in their eyes, and that you miss it so much it hurts.

I wish things could be better, brothers and sisters. I really do. Hang in there. I also don't read the Slymepit as much as I used to. I regret that. I'll try to post more in future.
Sorry, sounds like your dad is declining?

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

d4m10n wrote: Okay, just one last hurrah with David Silverman and then I'll let it go forever . . .
Five years is a long time to wait, but there it is.

Farewell, sweet prince. You were really fun at parties.
He stepped into that one like he really has no clue what they do. At this point i can only call him, charitably, an idiot.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Pitchguest wrote: The worst thing about witnessing someone you love with disease is not the pain or the hardships they must endure, the mountain of medicine they imbibe each day just to function, or the knowledge you know or fear it will not get better: the worst thing is seeing the loss of their love for life, the spring in their step, the glint in their eyes, and that you miss it so much it hurts.

I’m sorry to hear your Dad has not stabilised. Best of luck and enjoy the time you have.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Rose St. Clair doesn’t appear to have much of a digital footprint.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Yeah we got some bad readers up in this bitch huh. Other psycho shit includes opening your doors to fuckloads of immigrants for cultural diversity. France, Sweden and Germany are not good examples of people who got their shit right, that's some fucking self hating/self immolating shit right there that's going back to religion. The Dutch flirtation with SJWs killed Theo van Gogh and sent AHA into hiding and that was like fucking twenty years ago.

Some of these other places are too small. I don't expect NZ to get overrun at this point because who the fuck can get here? Especially with Australia in the way. -.- I don't think it's because NZ is particuarly good at this shit especially because we're run by a moron right now who HATES TEH CAPITALISM, it's because no one wants to come here.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Who is going to watch Orbit con so we don't have to?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I know “laughing friends” are the gold standard around here now for evidence. :mrgreen:

But these are some pretty cool graphs from: https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/society/mi ... d/42412156

They show current breakdowns of foreign residents in Switzerland by country (top) and continent (inner segments)

Europe

With Italy, Gemany and Portugal as the three major outer component segments running clock wise.

http://i.imgur.com/SRnPXEm.jpg

Turkey (outer segment) within its “Asian” inner ring segment

http://i.imgur.com/Lne3fit.jpg

Now UK had a 63% increase in foreign born population 10 years to 2011 compared to previous decade long rates of 21.5, 24, 7.5, 11.8 and finally 27.7 in the 10 years to 2001.

A three fold increase on a previous high seems some what significant.
Moreover In the period January 2010 to December 2010, there were 19 foreign-born groups that consisted of at least 100,000 individuals residing in the UK (people originating from Australia, Bangladesh, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Jamaica, Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Republic of Ireland, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, United States and Zimbabwe).
In 2015 there were 1.3 million Indian or Pakistani born peps. And a cool 216,000 Nigerians. Because.

In Australia’s case here is a segment graph of the most recent immigrations stats I could get (12 months 14/15).

http://i.imgur.com/vsYeWgg.jpg

The Swiss graphs show what a soft core ethno state looks like. Ie one divorced from Nazi banners and the “one drop” hard alt-right. The latter examples show what a civic nationalist state tends towards.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Now even I will admit this is disgusting.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Stankeye wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:30 pm
Sweet...just off the coast from me. My dad used to work with targets at that base.

targets == pigeons?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

John D wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: The British elite are turning the Islamification of the nation into an irreversible fait accompli before enough of the people wake up. Please tell me I am wrong and that I'm being alarmist.

[BBvideo=560,315]htt.ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcoDJB2kP7w[/BBvideo]
Britain will truly be lost when you have muslims in the upper echelons of its military.
Seems to me that the best way to be inclusive is not to lie about how the military will care about your feelings. It's to promote the idea that you can join an elite highly honored club if you can do the job.

The youtube comments on these military videos are the best...
The safest place in Korea is behind a Marine Platoon. Lord how they can fight". General Douglas McArthur. Semper Fi, my Brothers. And, to all others... you're welcome. Ooorah!
Not bad. Needs more Tarawa.

The old is always the best. You don’t really hear the two accents at the end now so much - the posh Aussie and the Digger.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

That was the last year I was in the ARes, back when real soldiers didn’t wear helmets.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

If I recall properly it was a weekend a month, a training night every fortnight, annual field exercises in the heat of January. And then optional courses were run every December and June at a couple of weeks each. Signals, promotion, mortar, driving etc. If you were really keen you could also gap fill or play enemy for other units with their field training. Depending on type.

I had direct command of more men than any other rankin the Army. :D

Happy with two stripes and 10 men broken into three subsections. 6 years of fun and games.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Steersman wrote: For one thing, while Islam is like Nazism in being a political ideology, it is also a particularly barbaric & psychotic "religion" which is more or less hermetically sealed against any and all efforts at reform or secularization. As commendable as your efforts on that front are, it really looks like pissing against the wind - being charitable.
Because Nazism, on the other hand, has such redeeming value.
Where did I say that it had? Though I have periodically argued that fascism - at least in the sense of fasces, of "magisterial or collective power, law and governance" - gets an undeservedly bad press.
Kirbmarc wrote: I was being deliberately hyperbolic by playing the Godwin card (islam, for all its flaws, has more room for variety than Nazism, and for "alternative interpretations" of the bad parts while focusing on the good parts, at least in theory) ...
"In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." You might wish to check out a Federalist interview with a Muslim reformer - Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, and Jihad Watch article discussing it:

Muslim Reform Group Reached Out to 3,000 US Mosques, Got Only 40 Responses

Doesn't look like many "cafeteria Muslims" are much interested in "alternative interpretations".
Kirbmarc wrote: ... but I should have known that nothing can stop the Steerminator. :bjarte:

[BBvideo=560,315]https: youtube.com/watch?v=zu0rP2VWLWw[/BBvideo]
Speaking of old Godwin, if you keep peddling the "Big Lie" - so to speak, and in effect - that there's no justification at all for some degree of collective responsibility then I'm probably going to keep challenging it. If you manage to get your podcast thing off the ground - and I hope you do as it might be useful - then you might consider that as one of the more important debate questions to address: "Resolved: the principle of collective responsibility has some general applicability, particularly to the 'Muslim question'".

Not exactly untenable - kind of think that Aneris' "laying the pipes" argument was based on an acceptance of that principle, and one which you seem to have been genuflecting to recently. In addition, one might suggest an analogous case with shares in a company: if you buy some at, say, $10.00 each and because of poor management they drop to $5.00 then you take your lumps with everybody else. And many other facts and analogies are close at hand and, I think, quite persuasive; all you seem to have are some ipse dixits.

But you should at least be prepared to defend your position instead of just dismissing me, though somewhat amusingly, with "Steerminator" - at least better than "nazi" or "rapist" or "misogynist" ... ;-)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bwahahah. Classic beer advert.

Parra(matta) working class va Manly (beaches silver tails).

Of course Parramatta is 45% Chinese + Indian now. So you’d have to do a different ad. But whatever.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

This was the other classic of the set.

Kirb. This is what an “ethnostate” looks like.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Ghost's new song. RIP Papa Emeritus III.

Welcome Cardinal Copia.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Steersman wrote: Where did I say that it had? Though I have periodically argued that fascism - at least in the sense of fasces, of "magisterial or collective power, law and governance" - gets an undeservedly bad press.
I'm sarcastic, and Steers takes the bait and praises fascism. Priceless :bjarte:
Speaking of old Godwin, if you keep peddling the "Big Lie" - so to speak, and in effect - that there's no justification at all for some degree of collective responsibility then I'm probably going to keep challenging it. If you manage to get your podcast thing off the ground - and I hope you do as it might be useful - then you might consider that as one of the more important debate questions to address: "Resolved: the principle of collective responsibility has some general applicability, particularly to the 'Muslim question'".

Not exactly untenable - kind of think that Aneris' "laying the pipes" argument was based on an acceptance of that principle, and one which you seem to have been genuflecting to recently. In addition, one might suggest an analogous case with shares in a company: if you buy some at, say, $10.00 each and because of poor management they drop to $5.00 then you take your lumps with everybody else. And many other facts and analogies are close at hand and, I think, quite persuasive; all you seem to have are some ipse dixits.
The problem is that your analogy doesn't really work. "Collective responsibility" is a matter of actual, real life legal or social consequences for the behavior of some people onto other people who are only connected to the bad actors through belonging to a same social group. The legal part is clear: it's collective punishment. The social part is trickier, but it's along the lines of saying that since some men are rapists (true) ALL men are to be treated as ticking time bombs waiting for their rape-switch to turn on, or in case of islam that since some muslims are jihadists (true) ALL muslims should be treated like ticking time bombs waiting to go off.

What I (and Aneris) did was question the wisdom of associating oneself with some ideas that lead to bad results. Kind of like saying "islam has lots of bad ideas, and being pals with Linda Sarsour, a Saudi Arabia apologist and fan of the Nation of Islam, is not that great for a progressive movement".

There's a HUGE difference between saying "some ideas lead to bad results, we should question them and be wary of those who openly preach them" (which is what I'm doing here) and "ban group X from your country because they have bad ideas" (what you're proposing).

I'm all for criticizing islam, even strongly, with no holds barred, which I've done PLENTY OF TIMES: see my posts on how the Qu'ran is a horrible book full of bad messages and no, the original Arabic and "context" don't explain away the horribleness, at least of a literalist reading, which is what most muslim schools encourage.

What I've done here is criticize the alt-right/ethno-nationalism. Even going more small scale I've never even slightly hinted to ask for anyone to be banned from here (and this is only a website) for whatever idea. I've never suggested that anyone here is a ticking time bomb waiting to go out there and attack non-white people. I've never doxxed anyone or called for doxxing,I've never supported smears, indeed I've defend you from an accusation of being a pedophile (however non-serious the accusation was).

I've also never seriously implied that anyone here is a white supremacist/Nazi, only that some ideas being promoted here are skirting the line into potentially dangerous territory. I've made some jokes at times, but they're JOKES, you're supposed to exaggerate (I don't believe you're actually a robot, for example...)

I've gone to long lengths to explain that I never thought that Brive supported any genocide, indeed Brive has been one of the people which has more thoroughly addressed the Holocaust denial posts which appeared in this place. I've questioned whether he supported "population transfers" because I wanted him to clarify that, and of course you support "population transfers" 100%, but that's on you.

There's no way in hell that one can honestly argue that I've engaged in attributing collective guilt, or arguing for collective punishment. You, on the other hand, have, and plenty of times.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: This was the other classic of the set.

Kirb. This is what an “ethnostate” looks like.

I think we have VERY different definition of what's an ethno-state. And it seems that lots of people disagree with yours.

THIS is what comes up first in a video search for "ethno-state":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYqua6MhbSo

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

This is a pretty good video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuPgzBnoSpI

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:02 pm
I know “laughing friends” are the gold standard around here now for evidence. :mrgreen:

But these are some pretty cool graphs from: https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/society/mi ... d/42412156

They show current breakdowns of foreign residents in Switzerland by country (top) and continent (inner segments)

Europe

With Italy, Gemany and Portugal as the three major outer component segments running clock wise.

http://i.imgur.com/SRnPXEm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Lne3fit.jpg

Now UK had a 63% increase in foreign born population 10 years to 2011 compared to previous decade long rates of 21.5, 24, 7.5, 11.8 and finally 27.7 in the 10 years to 2001.

Moreover In the period January 2010 to December 2010, there were 19 foreign-born groups that consisted of at least 100,000 individuals residing in the UK (people originating from Australia, Bangladesh, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Jamaica, Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Republic of Ireland, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, United States and Zimbabwe).
In 2015 there were 1.3 million Indian or Pakistani born peps. And a cool 216,000 Nigerians. Because.

In Australia’s case here is a segment graph of the most recent immigrations stats I could get (12 months 14/15).

http://i.imgur.com/vsYeWgg.jpg

The Swiss graphs show what a soft core ethno state looks like. Ie one divorced from Nazi banners and the “one drop” hard alt-right. The latter examples show what a civic nationalist state tends towards.
Do you think that people from Portugal are more "compatible" with Switzerland than people from India or Pakistan are "compatible" with the UK or Australia? That's arguable. Leaving aside the specific issues of islam, Portuguese people have to learn one of the languages of Switzerland, often from scratch, while Indians or Pakistanis very often have a grasp of English. I've met tons of Indian and Pakistani young people, their English most of the time ranges from A2 to B2 levels. Meanwhile the Portuguese people who come to Switzerland have trouble with even basic German, and they struggle with Italian or French.

We can talk about tough requirement for integration, common values, proof of integration within the community, and the trouble of islam. Those are all legitimate points. But your argument, deep down, seems to boil down to "too many non-white people immigrate to Australia".

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The problem with "ethno-nationalism" is that it bases its assumptions on the idea that ethnicity isn't just a proxy for the possibility of integration, but the cardinal rule, that people are more or less likely to integrate not because of their ideas, or principles, or moral and social values, but because of their ancestry, as if ideas, principles, moral and social values are somehow inscribed in your genes instead of being a product of the social environment you're raised in. Differences in personality might have a genetic component, but this is far less likely differences in what you believe in.

Now I can understand a pragmatic argument based on the fact that a flow of immigrants which is too great for a country to handle, or handled badly, especially if there's no attempt to push for integration, and so a legitimate concern of ghettoization, of "silos" where people create separate (and incompatible) peer pressure groups.

But that's not an argument for basing one's conception of integration and immigration wholly or mostly on ancestry.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Kirb - the page display made me read your signature was the last line of your post.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote: Kirb - the page display made me read your signature was the last line of your post.
:cdc: I'm changing it now anyway.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:02 pm

Europe

[IMG.]http://i.imgur.com/SRnPXEm.jpg[/IMG]

[IM.G]http://i.imgur.com/Lne3fit.jpg[/IMG]

[IM.G]http://i.imgur.com/vsYeWgg.jpg[/IMG]

Do you think that people from Portugal are more "compatible" with Switzerland than people from India or Pakistan are "compatible" with the UK or Australia? That's arguable.
Bwhahahah.

Yes. Yes I do.

I think this mob may have a better swing at it after 10 years of Swiss camp than the Luton brigade.

https://i.imgur.com/XcRCteZ.jpg

But we will never know will we?

According to my magic graphs Pakis don't exist in Switzerland outside "Other" Asian at 0.5%. Indians come in at 0.6% of foreign residents.

Lecture me about my racism again ... Please do.

:lol:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Bwhahahah.

Yes. Yes I do.

I think this mob may have a better swing at it after 10 years of Swiss camp than the Luton brigade.

https://i.imgur.com/XcRCteZ.jpg

But we will never know will we?

According to my magic graphs Pakis don't exist in Switzerland outside "Other" Asian at 0.5%. Indians come in at 0.6% of foreign residents.

Lecture me about my racism again ... Please do.

:lol:
Didn't we talk once about how learning the locally predominant language was one of means to integrate people (to avoid cultural silos)?

Knowledge of English is not uncommon in India. Knowledge of German, Italian or French is very uncommon in Portugal.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Do you think that people from Portugal are more "compatible" with Switzerland than people from India or Pakistan are "compatible" with the UK or Australia? That's arguable.
Language is but one cultural variable.

Seen in no Swiss city ever.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote: The problem with "ethno-nationalism" is that it bases its assumptions on the idea that ethnicity isn't just a proxy for the possibility of integration, but the cardinal rule, that people are more or less likely to integrate not because of their ideas, or principles, or moral and social values, but because of their ancestry, as if ideas, principles, moral and social values are somehow inscribed in your genes instead of being a product of the social environment you're raised in. Differences in personality might have a genetic component, but this is far less likely differences in what you believe in.

Now I can understand a pragmatic argument based on the fact that a flow of immigrants which is too great for a country to handle, or handled badly, especially if there's no attempt to push for integration, and so a legitimate concern of ghettoization, of "silos" where people create separate (and incompatible) peer pressure groups.

But that's not an argument for basing one's conception of integration and immigration wholly or mostly on ancestry.
Your problem is that you assume inside every Iraqi or Indian or Fijian or Nigerian is a little lib-kirb struggling to shed their applied culture and traditions. I suspect you project your own journey to secular desaturation to the average Aditya.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

'Mass immigration'? Surely the phrase for it is 'population transfer'

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote: This is a pretty good video:

[BBvideo=560,315]htt.ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuPgzBnoSpI[/BBvideo]
I got 5 mins in out of 9 and it was still (what looked like) a 16 year old kid reading comments off YouTube. Seriously?

That’s a pretty good video?

I recall Watson doing the same to “prove” Atheistic misogyny. . Does he pull a rabbit out of his toy box in the concluding climax?

Because if not, Kirb - you should be ashamed.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

rayshul wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:56 pm
Who is going to watch Orbit con so we don't have to?
Who's going to watch if we don't?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

Good ad for baby powder. Yikes, that's going to leave a rash.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: The problem with "ethno-nationalism" is that it bases its assumptions on the idea that ethnicity isn't just a proxy for the possibility of integration, but the cardinal rule, that people are more or less likely to integrate not because of their ideas, or principles, or moral and social values, but because of their ancestry, as if ideas, principles, moral and social values are somehow inscribed in your genes instead of being a product of the social environment you're raised in. Differences in personality might have a genetic component, but this is far less likely differences in what you believe in.

Your problem is that you assume inside every Iraqi or Indian or Fijian or Nigerian is a little lib-kirb struggling to shed their applied culture and traditions. I suspect you project your own journey to secular desaturation to the average Aditya.
I don't assume that. I don't think that every immigrant is going to integrate perfectly, or ever. Some people (like convinced Salafi preachers) will probably rather die than change their mind even a little bit, and that's why you need to watch out for their negative influence (and curb it).

Your traditions and culture, however, aren't something you're born with. People aren't born muslim or christian or hindus. Their values and traditions a result of a) their families, b) their social circles and their peer pressure and c) their education. Now peer pressure in social circle is structured along a hierarchy of social prestige.

There's ALWAYS an elite of socially powerful "role models" that set the standards according to a precise pecking order. In an isolated subculture, the "role models" are far more likely to be those who "keep it real" to a shared code of conduct, especially so if there's a common myth of greatness (past or present) and of threats (external or internal) to this greatness, which fits the tribalistic "circuits" of our brains very well.

Islam is one of such myths. Its source of strength is in the promise of a great, unified world under muslim rule. The "role models" within islamic communities, however, can influence the setting of the general mood with "the community" to different levels, from full ISIS to simply "the old rules".

However young people are likely to rebel against their assume preconceptions. It's a common phase in all adolescents. The trick is how to capture the field of education and peer pressure at a certain age to make sure that what those people rebel against is ISIS and "the old rules" rather than "the white supremacist west".

For most European young people religion is lame. Very few young Christians are really interested in it beyond a surface level of cultural Christianity and maybe some "peace and love" hippie woo. The few holdovers of strict religiousness tend to be among old people or isolated Christian sects within their own "cultural silos". In the US there is more space for isolated "homesteading" and so there are more isolated "cultural silos" (hell the Mormons have got their own religious state, while the Amish are still living their own separated anachronistic lifestyle) hence why American Christians are more powerful as a voting group and more obnoxious. But even young Americans are becoming less and less religious.

Muslim communities are far more isolated, even though internet and pop culture are permeating them slowly but steadily. However the cultural message that "we", the progressive, non-religious "west", offer to young muslims isn't that their old religious is lame like Christianity, uncool, unsexy, backwards and a relic of the past, just like among young "white" people.

No, we celebrate hijabs as "diversity", we shield islam from criticism, we gush over the ideas of those delightful ethnic customs, we absolve islam-inspired crimes and bad behaviors with "muh colonies" and "muh Iraq", we instead offer the "resistance against white supremacy" idiocy. All of this is a BOON for muslim conservatives, who can and DO build up a narrative about islam being cool, winning, pure, strong against the weak, corrupt and racist "west". All while self-defeating progressives cheer on.

We allow people like Linda Sarsour or Mo Ansar or Reza Aslan or Zakir Naik, all of whom are part of a spectrum of celebrating muslim identity politics, to take the role of socially accepted and sanctioned (or, in Zaik's case, at least tolerated) "role models". We play into the Muslim Brotherhood's game.

Meanwhile the people who are pushing back against conservative islam on a massive scale are the far-right/alt-right groups, which offer NO place for young muslims and potentially more woo-ish or wishy-washy or cateferia or ex muslims, because they're all about ethnicity, ethnicity, ethnicity.

This is the worst of two worlds. Young people from Pakistan or Morocco aren't accepted, and there's pushback against their acceptance because of their ethnic origin, all while within their communities there's a strong conservative/identitaria/reactionary muslim culture, which the Regressive Left cheers on as "resistance to colonialism" or some other idiocy. It's no surprise that in absence of any meaningful integration, and within a context of strong identitarianism, so many young people from a muslim family choose to side with the reactionaries. After all the non-acceptance and pushback against white males, combined with the strong identitarianism of the alt-right, is one of the reasons for the success of the various Southerns, Goldys, Pettibones, etc. etc.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

kirbmarc wrote:
brive1987 wrote: this was the other classic of the set.

kirb. this is what an “ethnostate” looks like.

i think we have very different definition of what's an ethno-state. and it seems that lots of people disagree with yours.

this is what comes up first in a video search for "ethno-state":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyqua6mhbso
Then I suggest you keep searching. You know. Like a student would.

Which suggests that Wikipedia would be a starting point rather than crazy Tara of “self-deportation” fame.

http://i.imgur.com/UDN9PBT.jpg

Australia was unconsciously ethnic nationalistic before the 1980s. British and Irish with a smattering of continental flavours. Some Greek and Italian for instance. The Chinese were there in china town from the gold rush days. Pretend British (South African, Canadian, US) were not a drama. That was pretty much it. It’s what you see on the hill in the Cricket advert.

Indians, Middle East and African not so much.

I’d no more expect to see a Nigerian Australian than I would a white Ocker Swahili in Kenya. Or a genderless Woman.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: The problem with "ethno-nationalism" is that it bases its assumptions on the idea that ethnicity isn't just a proxy for the possibility of integration, but the cardinal rule, that people are more or less likely to integrate not because of their ideas, or praainciples, or moral and social values, but because of their ancestry, as if ideas, principles, moral and social values are somehow inscribed in your genes instead of being a product of the social environment you're raised in. Differences in personality might have a genetic component, but this is far less likely differences in what you believe in.

I don't assume that. I don't think that every immigrant is going to integrate perfectly, or ever. Some people (like convinced Salafi preachers) will probably rather die than change their mind even a little bit, and that's why you need to watch out for their negative influence (and curb it).

Your traditions and culture, however, aren't something you're born with. People aren't born muslim or christian or hindus. Their values and traditions a result of a) their families, b) their social circles and their peer pressure and c) their education. Now peer pressure in social circle is structured along a hierarchy of social prestige.

There's ALWAYS an elite of socially powerful "role models" that set the standards according to a precise pecking order. In an isolated subculture, the "role models" are far more likely to be those who "keep it real" to a shared code of conduct, especially so if there's a common myth of greatness (past or present) and of threats (external or internal) to this greatness, which fits the tribalistic "circuits" of our brains very well.

Islam is one of such myths. Its source of strength is in the promise of a great, unified world under muslim rule. The "role models" within islamic communities, however, can influence the setting of the general mood with "the community" to different levels, from full ISIS to simply "the old rules".

However young people are likely to rebel against their assume preconceptions. It's a common phase in all adolescents. The trick is how to capture the field of education and peer pressure at a certain age to make sure that what those people rebel against is ISIS and "the old rules" rather than "the white supremacist west".

For most European young people religion is lame. Very few young Christians are really interested in it beyond a surface level of cultural Christianity and maybe some "peace and love" hippie woo. The few holdovers of strict religiousness tend to be among old people or isolated Christian sects within their own "cultural silos". In the US there is more space for isolated "homesteading" and so there are more isolated "cultural silos" (hell the Mormons have got their own religious state, while the Amish are still living their own separated anachronistic lifestyle) hence why American Christians are more powerful as a voting group and more obnoxious. But even young Americans are becoming less and less religious.

Muslim communities are far more isolated, even though internet and pop culture are permeating them slowly but steadily. However the cultural message that "we", the progressive, non-religious "west", offer to young muslims isn't that their old religious is lame like Christianity, uncool, unsexy, backwards and a relic of the past, just like among young "white" people.

No, we celebrate hijabs as "diversity", we shield islam from criticism, we gush over the ideas of those delightful ethnic customs, we absolve islam-inspired crimes and bad behaviors with "muh colonies" and "muh Iraq", we instead offer the "resistance against white supremacy" idiocy. All of this is a BOON for muslim conservatives, who can and DO build up a narrative about islam being cool, winning, pure, strong against the weak, corrupt and racist "west". All while self-defeating progressives cheer on.

We allow people like Linda Sarsour or Mo Ansar or Reza Aslan or Zakir Naik, all of whom are part of a spectrum of celebrating muslim identity politics, to take the role of socially accepted and sanctioned (or, in Zaik's case, at least tolerated) "role models". We play into the Muslim Brotherhood's game.

Meanwhile the people who are pushing back against conservative islam on a massive scale are the far-right/alt-right groups, which offer NO place for young muslims and potentially more woo-ish or wishy-washy or cateferia or ex muslims, because they're all about ethnicity, ethnicity, ethnicity.

This is the worst of two worlds. Young people from Pakistan or Morocco aren't accepted, and there's pushback against their acceptance because of their ethnic origin, all while within their communities there's a strong conservative/identitaria/reactionary muslim culture, which the Regressive Left cheers on as "resistance to colonialism" or some other idiocy. It's no surprise that in absence of any meaningful integration, and within a context of strong identitarianism, so many young people from a muslim family choose to side with the reactionaries. After all the non-acceptance and pushback against white males, combined with the strong identitarianism of the alt-right, is one of the reasons for the success of the various Southerns, Goldys, Pettibones, etc. etc.
In all these words you never explained why it’s a good thing for sizeable portions of Pakistan (or India) to decamp to countries with a functioning non Paki (or Indian) culture, largely for economic gain rather than integrationist desires. Or why this should continue. Or why we shouldn’t see cultural displacement as a fucking travesty to be offset in any way possible.

As is your wont, you also exaggerate to make your own argument. The alt-lite are not the alt-right. Sargonites are also pushing back against the alien introduced disruption.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Has anyone here given any consideration to what happens after they die?

Are you planning you donate your body to science? Would you feel the same way if someone close to you chose to do so?

On a related note - I don't think there's much prospect of humans uploading their conciousness to some version of the 'net in my lifetime. So this is probably it.

This has been brought on by listening to an interview with Mary Roach (author of 'Stiff') It's a bit long (and so is the interview) - but you can rip the audio file if interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAUBx-3hs0Q

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote: Bwahahah. Classic beer advert.

Parra(matta) working class va Manly (beaches silver tails).

Of course Parramatta is 45% Chinese + Indian now. So you’d have to do a different ad. But whatever.
I see that they have all eleven Hardiplank brothers on the same team, there.

Barbie's Boyfriend

MarcusAu wrote: Has anyone here given any consideration to what happens after they die?

Are you planning you donate your body to science? Would you feel the same way if someone close to you chose to do so?
I already made arrangements to leave my body to the Baylor College of Medicine

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote: I already made arrangements to leave my body to the Baylor College of Medicine
Good idea - I wonder is Miskatonic U is accepting donors.

Barbie's Boyfriend

MarcusAu wrote:
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote: I already made arrangements to leave my body to the Baylor College of Medicine
I have never been married, and have no children, so nobody needs to visit a cemetery to "see" me, nor to have an urn filled with my ashes to talk to.

I have suffered more than a little neurological damage over the years. perhaps somebody can study my brain, and discover why, what were the effects, etc.

And after the first year med students are finished carving you up, the parts are reassembled, and cremated, at THEIR expense !!!

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I dunno, you let one old fella off and they all start having a go, talk about giving an inch and taking a yard, what's a good honest burglar to do these days? I blame Russia. :x

feathers

Post by feathers »

MarcusAu wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:39 am
Can't you let it to a necrophile? Necrophiles are people, too.

Barbie's Boyfriend

shoutinghorse wrote: I dunno, you let one old fella off and they all start having a go, talk about giving an inch and taking a yard, what's a good honest burglar to do these days? I blame Russia. :x

And as he was lying there mortally wounded, she should have dropped her granny panties, squatted over his face, and said "And now this bitch is pissing in your face" !!!

Barbie's Boyfriend

feathers wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Comstink's all time favorite pro wrestling angle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy-msDjALHQ

Barbie's Boyfriend

feathers wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Since I'm 100% hetero, I would ONLY leave my body to a female necrophiliac...who would buttfuck me with her strapon

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

<no vid>
comhcinc
Last active: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:44 am

and it must have been a year since he said anything directly to / about you.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Jesus fucking H Christ .. I'm surprised he didn't arrive dressed as Dick Van Dyke from Mary Poppins. :oops: :doh:

https://i.imgur.com/3DKAcfB.png

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... udeau.html

John D

Post by John D »

My story about the welcoming (or un-welcoming) of the Swiss......

I work with many Swiss, Germany, Austrian, and Hungarian nationals. It adds a great variety to my work life and I enjoy it.

A Hungarian I know very well was telling me about the two years he spent in Switzerland. I assumed that living there would be pleasant and simple and fine. He corrected me quickly. He never felt welcome, and his wife even less so. He found the Swiss to be so traditional and insular that he could never make even the simplest of friendships with his neighbors. His wife was distressed and couldn't wait to leave after two years.

Understand that this is a couple who have lived in the US for three years, so they are used to living abroad. They have enjoyed living in Michigan and South Carolina (a place you would expect to be rather bigoted... but is not really bigoted).

So, in my mind, I suspect the Swiss are more "civically nationalitst" then most places. haha. I know it is just an anecdote, but, well.... even an anecdote counts for something.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: Has anyone here given any consideration to what happens after they die?

Are you planning you donate your body to science?
I'm donating my body to the louvre.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/2c/95/de/2c95 ... a234a0.jpg

Barbie's Boyfriend

MarcusAu wrote:

<no vid>
comhcinc

Is there a statute of limitations of which I am not aware ???

Barbie's Boyfriend

MarcusAu wrote:

<no vid>
comhcinc

And when is the last time PZ Myers, Rebecca Watson, Richard Carrier, et al, said anything about any of us??? Yet we ridicule them on a regular basis

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

John D wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:41 am
My story about the welcoming (or un-welcoming) of the Swiss......

I work with many Swiss, Germany, Austrian, and Hungarian nationals. It adds a great variety to my work life and I enjoy it.

A Hungarian I know very well was telling me about the two years he spent in Switzerland. I assumed that living there would be pleasant and simple and fine. He corrected me quickly. He never felt welcome, and his wife even less so. He found the Swiss to be so traditional and insular that he could never make even the simplest of friendships with his neighbors. His wife was distressed and couldn't wait to leave after two years.

Understand that this is a couple who have lived in the US for three years, so they are used to living abroad. They have enjoyed living in Michigan and South Carolina (a place you would expect to be rather bigoted... but is not really bigoted).

So, in my mind, I suspect the Swiss are more "civically nationalitst" then most places. haha. I know it is just an anecdote, but, well.... even an anecdote counts for something.
I'm told there are differences between the German Swiss and Italian Swiss when it comes to sociability. The Sprungli chocolate shop is as far into Switzerland as I've ever been and the staff seemed friendly enough. The bitch at the Swiss check in desk was something else though. My connecting flight from Heathrow had arrived late because Swiss didn't have a de-icing contract there and we'd had to sit on the tarmac for hours waiting for all the other airlines to be done (cold morning!). Understandably, I wanted to know what the airline was going to do because the onward flight to JHB had already gone, but this woman looked at me with something approaching scorn as if only a simpleton or child wouldn't know. My brother, who worked as a golf instructor in Germany, said that he had noticed a similar attitude in Germany. He was frequently quite sharply corrected for mispronounciation even though German was obviously not his native language. His employers took advantage by lying to him with friendly smiles about what was in his contract because they knew he couldn't read it. But then I'm told there are big differences between Northern and Southern Germany. TBH the Swiss, Germans and Austrians I knew in England were friendly enough.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

And when is the last time PZ Myers, Rebecca Watson, Richard Carrier, et al, said anything about any of us??? Yet we ridicule them on a regular basis
I was mulling that very thing over after I posted. I guess I don't place them in the same category as Com. Obviously your milage may vary.

Just as obviously it's a personal choice - so I won't bore everyone here by arguing the point intermiably.