There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by MarcusAu »

And to double reply (since it appears to be the fashion).

There may well come a time when mocking Myers, Watson, Carrier and the rest of the crew seems pointless.

Actually, we may have passed that milestone some time ago.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

MarcusAu wrote: And to double reply (since it appears to be the fashion).

There may well come a time when mocking Myers, Watson, Carrier and the rest of the crew seems pointless.

I will consider the point that it has become pointless to ever mention Comnwhatever in any post ever again. Kinda like how I haven't mentioned the Steersbot in quite some time

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

There must be some irony (if not outright hypocrisy) in me chiding someone else for making irelevent posts.

Oh well, I suppose it's an occupational hazard.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

MarcusAu wrote: And to double reply (since it appears to be the fashion).

It may well indeed be pointless but it ain't half fun. especially when Ape is let loose. :dance:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

MarcusAu wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:05 am
And to double reply (since it appears to be the fashion).

I think a few slaps PZ's way are in order about now. The revisionism is in full swing. He is really trying to claim that the A+ thing was about creating an ethical offshoot of Atheism, not about trying to make the whole club take on their priorities. And those dictionary atheists are like a religious cult because they are wedded to this notion that atheism is just about not believing in gods. Guy is unbelievable. I think the name Marc Lepine needs to be mentioned a few times if he tries to sit there with his smug puss bitching about how poor innocent little him is the victim of mean hyperbole.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Well PZ is taking shots at us. It's only fair we slap back.
http://archive.is/QMkKJ
One disappointment, though: don’t read the comments. Like many of the atheist sites on Patheos, the FFRF page is infested with known slymepitters and miscellaneous sexists/misogynists. One of the only suggestions I’d offer to them is that you ought to curate your comments sections, because they’re pretty much unreadable.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

MarcusAu wrote:
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:
And when is the last time PZ Myers, Rebecca Watson, Richard Carrier, et al, said anything about any of us??? Yet we ridicule them on a regular basis
I was mulling that very thing over after I posted. I guess I don't place them in the same category as Com. Obviously your milage may vary.

Just as obviously it's a personal choice - so I won't bore everyone here by arguing the point intermiably.
Please do, but you must include lots of photos of blond women in pigtails.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

https://www.haaretz.com/amp/world-news/ ... ssion=true
Germany has an anti-semitism problem? Who could have guessed?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

No matter how safe you think you are in America - there is not enough butter to protect you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STSr1tuGQ_8

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Will this do for a start?

http://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu4jh ... 1_1280.png

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: https://www.haaretz.com/amp/world-news/ ... ssion=true
Germany has an anti-semitism problem? Who could have guessed?
Two Jewish organizations posted the video , which showed a young man attacking the victim while yelling "Yahudi!" or "Jew" in Arabic.
Nazis just aren’t what they used to be.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

MarcusAu wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Will this do for a start?

http://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu4jh ... 1_1280.png
Did it for me, thanks. :cdc:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

As seen on Twatter

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: The worst thing about witnessing someone you love with disease is not the pain or the hardships they must endure, the mountain of medicine they imbibe each day just to function, or the knowledge you know or fear it will not get better: the worst thing is seeing the loss of their love for life, the spring in their step, the glint in their eyes, and that you miss it so much it hurts.

I wish things could be better, brothers and sisters. I really do. Hang in there. I also don't read the Slymepit as much as I used to. I regret that. I'll try to post more in future.
Sorry, sounds like your dad is declining?
Declining, yes. It's so frustrating, because you think he's going to get better - or at least livable - but then another ailment appears which takes the previous progress you thought you had back to square one. Setback after setback after setback. Then it's up and down as far as mood goes. One minute he could be up and about right as rain, the next he could be bent over in agony. Recently it's his back that's been acting up. Hernia. Mostly he's in bed, either resting or sleeping, because the amount of pain medication he takes now pretty much puts him out of commission. You can tell he wishes he had the energy he used to, that he could do what he used to do and now he's just...static. It's really depressing. I can't imagine what he must be feeling.

Oh, just talking about it is a downer. I want the good old days back. The days of A+ crashing and burning, the unveiling of Avicenna and... Shark Cried. (Remember that guy?)

By the way, I did a happy jig when I saw Arnie's tumour was benign. Praise to dog.

Also, ConcH20? Healthy living? Lettuce pray. :pray:

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:50 pm
I’m sorry to hear your Dad has not stabilised. Best of luck and enjoy the time you have.
I do, and I will. Cheers, Brive. :obscene-drinkingcheers:

free thoughtpolice

Another Russian journalist feel to his death out of a 5 story window. Probably Hilary had him killed to make Putin look bad.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43781351

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Another Russian journalist feel to his death out of a 5 story window. Probably Hilary had him killed to make Putin look bad.
Do you have a library of Vince Foster jokes for us? Because if this is the place, I do.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

And Barbie, you little shit, You don't have 5 per cent of the sense of humor of comhcinc, on a goiod day, you little pirce of shit. A very poor trade for the pit. I'll un-ignire you for a while to swap shit if you want, you puny cunt.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Amohpmyl wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:36 am
Starbucks is going to shut all its branches in the US for "racial bias" training. Gesture politics at its emptiest!!
Gonna need one of those "Friends Don't Let Friends Go To Starbucks" bumper stickers.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Another Russian journalist feel to his death out of a 5 story window. Probably Hilary had him killed to make Putin look bad.
Body sliding using a pissed on plastic mattress protector can lead to unpredictable results.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:
Body sliding using a pissed on plastic mattress protector can lead to unpredictable results.
'Feel'ing to his death does sound like an unusual way to go.

Really?

Post by Really? »

The situation involving a professor at Fresno State University who rejoiced over the death of former First Lady Barbara Bush got a whole lot worse for the university after new tweets were discovered.

Professor Randa Jarrar ignited controversy with a series of offensive tweets celebrating the death of Bush and the pain that the family is experiencing as a result of her death. Jarrar even bragged about how much money she made as a tenured professor, saying, "I will never be fired."

Jarrar has since locked her account after racist and anti-Semitic tweets were discovered.
She looks exactly like you'd expect:

https://www.dailywire.com/sites/default ... jarrar.jpg

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29598/si ... n-saavedra

free thoughtpolice

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
'Feel'ing to his death does sound like an unusual way to go.
Is Rooshan accent.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Can anybody in education tell me how pervasive the tabla rasa belief is among educators? I don't mean lip service, but actual belief.

I'm picking up my youngest daughter and there's a huge sign that "Every student will be a college student." Not to be mean, but I've volunteered here. There is no fucking way. My daughter got into the Advanced Scholar thing before they thoughtfully pulled the plug on all the Able & Gifted programs, and they put it into the worst performing school to pull the average up.

If they want to be fair to these kids, they'll bring back vocational training. Many have no interest or aptitude for college. But I'm genuinely curious how much teachers and educators buy into the belief that all children have the same potential.

John D

Post by John D »

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

John D wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:26 am
The US has about 2 million immigrants from Africa. A significant number, but a small part of the total 50 million blacks in the country. Many of the black immigrants come from, Nigeria. I work with a Nigerian guy who I really like. He is educated and funny and hardworking and a family man....and.... while I may sound racist... I will also say that I notice how different he is from most of the other blacks I know.
That is the opposite of racist. What you have noticed, to paraphrase Ben Shapiro, is that the difference has nothing to do with race and everything to do with culture.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Kirbmarc wrote: This is a pretty good video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuPgzBnoSpI
UPVOTE

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Can anybody in education tell me how pervasive the tabla rasa belief is among educators? I don't mean lip service, but actual belief.

I'm picking up my youngest daughter and there's a huge sign that "Every student will be a college student." Not to be mean, but I've volunteered here. There is no fucking way. My daughter got into the Advanced Scholar thing before they thoughtfully pulled the plug on all the Able & Gifted programs, and they put it into the worst performing school to pull the average up.

If they want to be fair to these kids, they'll bring back vocational training. Many have no interest or aptitude for college. But I'm genuinely curious how much teachers and educators buy into the belief that all children have the same potential.
My mom was a special ed teacher for 40+ years. The teachers know students range across a spectrum of ability, including some "plain dumb" ones who will learn little if anything (though there's always a few SocJus cadres). They used to have three different tracks, but the minority kids, especially the blacks, clustered in the lower track & in remedial programs. That was declared racist. Gifted programs were nearly all white & asian. That was declared racist. So now there's just one track -- watered down college prep.

So nobody actually is prepared for colleges, so colleges must now prep freshman. And nobody learns a trade, so many of our tradesmen suck. But if you're of average intelligence & planning on getting an AA from a community college and launching a career in office administration, you're riding high.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

d4m10n wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: This is a pretty good video:

[BBvideo=560,315]ht.tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuPgzBnoSpI[/BBvideo]
UPVOTE
:lol: :lol: You are such a troll.

Here’s the initial video which failed UAT.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

If you like Brian Blessed you'll love this interview:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
John D wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:26 am
The US has about 2 million immigrants from Africa. A significant number, but a small part of the total 50 million blacks in the country. Many of the black immigrants come from, Nigeria. I work with a Nigerian guy who I really like. He is educated and funny and hardworking and a family man....and.... while I may sound racist... I will also say that I notice how different he is from most of the other blacks I know.
That is the opposite of racist. What you have noticed, to paraphrase Ben Shapiro, is that the difference has nothing to do with race and everything to do with culture.
I'll use this to segue and recap my comment about the Black Panther's director. I couldn't have told you what his skin colour was, based on the movie, but I sure as hell could tell you that he came from the USA.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ vs Shermer. Round 312.

http://archive.is/L4v4N

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Brive1987 wrote: PZ vs Shermer. Round 312.

Dave W really showed Scientific American who's the boss. I'll bet the data entry clerk who briefly glanced at that postcard before tossing it in the trash still thinks of it to this day.

https://i.imgur.com/wK3umWF.png

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

MarcusAu wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:30 pm
No matter how safe you think you are in America - there is not enough butter to protect you...

We shall have "Guns before butter"....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_versus_butter_model

CaptainFluffyBunny

How the fuck do these reetards still not know the difference between free speech and libel? And any time you fight back against somebody calling you a rapist, you are suppressing their free speech. :roll:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It appears a Uni type attempted to derail Shermer’s career, deplatforming him by circulating the old accusation hit pieces.

They then got an equal and opposite reaction which :o shocked them into anonymously harnessing old puff a Myers.

I wonder how Alison is these days?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

:nin:

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Slate magazine gushes about illegal immigrants cleaning the streets of Rome

How naive is the author to think that these migrants are not being controlled by criminals?

And how determined is he to push illegal immigration that he praises what looks at best like a tax-dodging black economy scheme, but which is more likely to be organised crime?

https://slate.com/business/2018/04/rome ... it-up.html

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

fuzzy wrote: And Barbie, you little shit, You don't have 5 per cent of the sense of humor of comhcinc, on a goiod day, you little pirce of shit. A very poor trade for the pit. I'll un-ignire you for a while to swap shit if you want, you puny cunt.
You don't seem to be your usual laid back self Fuzzy.

These typo's do not seem typical (at least for you).

Hope everything is going OK.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sometimes I wonder whether Barbie's Boyfriend is actuall cohmcinc trolling us all, or just unhealthily obsessed with him.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

Kirbmarc wrote: Sometimes I wonder whether Barbie's Boyfriend is actuall cohmcinc trolling us all, or just unhealthily obsessed with him.
Nah, it would have been funnier if it was. If Barbie is sockpuppet, he's Mykeru. The only person evil enough to bore us to death like this. Makes you long for the times of defecation gifs and overpriced t-shirts.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I always find I struggle to understand how you would have black kids in the bottom of the class but then I remember that I'm using my family as a reference point

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:30 pm

We shall have "Guns before butter"....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_versus_butter_model
Butter safe than sorry.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Idiot can't even shoot straight.

Then we have this youtube superhero:

At 3:50 I thought he was about to blow his balls off.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

A decent person never lawyers up. He ZOOMs. Shermer should know that.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

How the fuck do these reetards still not know the difference between free speech and libel? And any time you fight back against somebody calling you a rapist, you are suppressing their free speech. :roll:
Aren't Peez and his pals always the ones who say, 'Free speech doesn't mean you get to be free of the consequences of your speech, so nyaaah'? So I dunno why Peez is complaining that Shermer is always 'rushing to silence others’ free speech', when all the Sherminator is doing is ensuring that the free speech of Peez et al has its consequences.

some guy

Post by some guy »

A recent comment from one of Heina Dadabhoy's Kickstarter backers, about the book she got $10k to write (and then after years of repeated excuses and firm promises, when silent).
Jason Murray wrote: Given that Heina has demonstrated an abject disregard for the 342 backers of this project, and evidently lacks the integrity or common courtesy to provide any sort of update, I decided to contact Pitchstone Publishing directly. This was their response:

"Hi Jason,
Unfortunately, due to the author's delays on the project, we've had to push it back and no longer have a release date. We're sorry we can't be more help in regards to your disappointment over the Kickstarter, which was completely the responsibility of the author. We urge you to continue to follow up with Dadhaboy. We'll post info when we get a firm release date set. "

Note that there is no longer a release date, as per the publisher. It no longer even appears on their website (pitchstonepublishing.com).

As per the publisher, the delay is due to the "author".

Heina also appears to have deactivated or deleted her Twitter account (@heinousdealings).

In the immortal words of The Steve Miller Band: "go on take the money and run"...
Heinous dealings indeed. Will there ever be a "A Skeptic's Guide to Islam"?

feathers

Post by feathers »

some guy wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:06 am
Heinous dealings indeed. Will there ever be a "A Skeptic's Guide to Islam"?

Perhaps she and PZ put up a bet who could procrastinate the longest. Nobody's gonna beat her any more, for sure.

some guy

Post by some guy »

feathers wrote:
some guy wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:06 am
Heinous dealings indeed. Will there ever be a "A Skeptic's Guide to Islam"? ...
Perhaps she and PZ put up a bet who could procrastinate the longest. Nobody's gonna beat her any more, for sure.
While "procrastination" is probably the most charitable explanation for Heina Dadabhoy's behavior during the first 3 years after collecting the money, I think "hiding/ignoring/avoidance/diversion" is the only reasonable explanation for her behavior the past 3 years.

3 years ago she called a kickstarter backer (someone who gave her money to write the book!) an "anti-feminist" and blocked him on facebook for making reasonable inquires about the status of the book. Yet this nasty scamming piece of work is someone others think is suitable for being on conference panels to lecture the rest of us about how we should behave in "our community".

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

some guy wrote: 3 years ago she called a kickstarter backer (someone who gave her money to write the book!) an "anti-feminist" and blocked him on facebook for making reasonable inquires about the status of the book. Yet this nasty scamming piece of work is someone others think is suitable for being on conference panels to lecture the rest of us about how we should behave in "our community".
She never got much notice because she's a low-tier baboon, but Heina has always been a mean, arrogant sack of shit.

When NECSS booted Dawkins from one of their speaker line-ups, then re-scheduled him after the outcry, guess who badgered them about refunds?

https://imgur.com/GJyp8ok.png

Speaking of Dawkins, here's some gratuitous nastiness.

https://imgur.com/3gRhyGB.jpg

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Peezus wrote:Somehow, though, those alt-right/right wing crusaders for “FREE SPEECH” never get around to criticizing their libertarian hero. I don’t know why, other than that it’s entirely clear that they’re actually interested in suppressing some free speech…just not their own.
That reminds me - I was thinking about projection (the psychological defense mechanism) the other day and realised that our orange friend in the White House uses it to such an extent that Mueller could follow the breadcrumbs to a fairly complete list of his misdemeanours.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:

Peezus wrote:Somehow, though, those alt-right/right wing crusaders for “FREE SPEECH” never get around to criticizing their libertarian hero. I don’t know why, other than that it’s entirely clear that they’re actually interested in suppressing some free speech…just not their own.
That reminds me - I was thinking about projection (the psychological defense mechanism) the other day and realised that our orange friend in the White House uses it to such an extent that Mueller could follow the breadcrumbs to a fairly complete list of his misdemeanours.
Hey! Nobody's perfect! ;-)

Figure that not being Hillary covers a multitude of sins. And as much as Trump looks like a bit of a loose cannon - Nikki Haley being the latest case-in-point - one might reasonably argue that he's started a number of important initiatives: moving US embassy; reading the Riot Act to North Korea, Iran, Muslim immigrants, Title IX aficionados, the UN & the PLO, sanctuary cities, open border nutcases, etc., etc. Not bad for 18 months ... ;-)

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

some guy wrote: While "procrastination" is probably the most charitable explanation for Heina Dadabhoy's behavior during the first 3 years after collecting the money, I think "hiding/ignoring/avoidance/diversion" is the only reasonable explanation for her behavior the past 3 years.
I just hope the money's spent and gone by now, and she can't ever go back to that well a second time.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

SM1957 wrote: Slate magazine gushes about illegal immigrants cleaning the streets of Rome

How naive is the author to think that these migrants are not being controlled by criminals?

And how determined is he to push illegal immigration that he praises what looks at best like a tax-dodging black economy scheme, but which is more likely to be organised crime?

https://slate.com/business/2018/04/rome ... it-up.html
A couple of my favorite podcasts-This American Life, and Radiolab-have been on a pity the migrants kick lately. I do pity the migrants, but I also don't disdain national borders and I don't think people who live on the border who don't want to be inundated with border crossers are villains, which is how they're often portrayed.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Sunder wrote:
some guy wrote: While "procrastination" is probably the most charitable explanation for Heina Dadabhoy's behavior during the first 3 years after collecting the money, I think "hiding/ignoring/avoidance/diversion" is the only reasonable explanation for her behavior the past 3 years.
I just hope the money's spent and gone by now, and she can't ever go back to that well a second time.
i'm sure that money is long gone. A few years ago she posted a shopping list for her loyal readers who wanted to show her their appreciation. She has expensive tastes. She should probably give up professional atheism and become a findom.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Ape+lust wrote:
some guy wrote: 3 years ago she called a kickstarter backer (someone who gave her money to write the book!) an "anti-feminist" and blocked him on facebook for making reasonable inquires about the status of the book. Yet this nasty scamming piece of work is someone others think is suitable for being on conference panels to lecture the rest of us about how we should behave in "our community".
She never got much notice because she's a low-tier baboon, but Heina has always been a mean, arrogant sack of shit.

When NECSS booted Dawkins from one of their speaker line-ups, then re-scheduled him after the outcry, guess who badgered them about refunds?

https://imgur.com/GJyp8ok.png

Speaking of Dawkins, here's some gratuitous nastiness.

https://imgur.com/3gRhyGB.jpg
I remember when someone wish the Dawkins would become locked-in. One of the "Skep"chicks?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

On "Skep"chick site, some cunt-eyed baby calling s/h/itself Jack Gladney (second comment):

https://archive.fo/GKBD5

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

MarcusAu wrote:
fuzzy wrote: And Barbie, you little shit, You don't have 5 per cent of the sense of humor of comhcinc, on a goiod day, you little pirce of shit. A very poor trade for the pit. I'll un-ignire you for a while to swap shit if you want, you puny cunt.
5% of zero is what now ???

You don't seem to be your usual laid back self Fuzzy.

These typo's do not seem typical (at least for you).

Hope everything is going OK.

Really?

Post by Really? »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:51 am
Sunder wrote:
i'm sure that money is long gone. A few years ago she posted a shopping list for her loyal readers who wanted to show her their appreciation. She has expensive tastes. She should probably give up professional atheism and become a findom.
She'd have at least one customer.

http://i.imgur.com/leX2Uki.png

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Really? wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:59 am
katamari Damassi wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:51 am
Sunder wrote:
She'd have at least one customer.

http://i.imgur.com/leX2Uki.png
Nah, he's broke. He was hoping to seduce her with some love emails. If he had any spare money he'd have already bought her something.