There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Ape+lust »

Amohpmyl wrote: On "Skep"chick site, some cunt-eyed baby calling s/h/itself Jack Gladney (second comment):

https://archive.fo/GKBD5
Yeah, that's fucking gross. They "monsterize" everyone they don't like, so nothing is out of bounds. Every one of the baboons has said wickedly nasty shit about Dawkins. They're not ashamed to wish death, disfigurement, and ruin on him. Yet Dawkins' Dear Muslima snark was so unforgivably inhuman they recount it regularly, like a campfire horror story.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Hey Fascist Tit, have you heard ? Fizzy (Way too EZ to call you Scuzzy) says The Georgia Peach Pit, Corn Cob Comstink, is twenty times funnier than me. Times to revoke my BPE, post haste !!!

Barbie's Boyfriend

Hey Comstink, have you heard ? You're twenty times funnier than I am ( Twenty times is the inverse of 5%, but you already knew that) But wait, you can't count past ten unless you take off your shoes. What's that, you're a redneck country bumpkin Pro Rasslin' fan ? You ALWAYS walk around with no shoes on ! How could my big city self not realize that ???!!!

And if you Lindy Westesq self has trouble bending over far enuf to actually SEE your toes (Is it still ok to ridicule Lindy West? That hasn't been done to death, has it ? Oh yes, she ain't one of the Tribe), perhaps Fizzy will count on your toes for you. I heard that he is into touching 300 pound inbred toes !!!

Barbie's Boyfriend

Fizzy, your idea of humor is warmed over Pro rasslin' interviews from the 80s? No accounting for taste, I suppose !!!

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

"Going underground (going underground)
Well, let the brass bands play and feet start to pound
Going underground (going underground)
Well, let the boys all sing and let the boys all shout
Well, let the brass bands play and feet go pow, pow, pow
So let the boys all sing and let the boys all shout for tomorrow"

Welcome to Londonistan
https://i.imgur.com/RIraSpu.png

Barbie's Boyfriend

Wow Fizzy, you sound quite angry. Foaming at the mouth, really. Ready to Rage. I guess that meth that Comstink cooked up is quite potent

But I'm worried that all that high blood pressure and rage ain't good for your health. Why don't you calm down with a cup or three of Comstink's patented 'shine ™ ? That should take the edge off !!!

Barbie's Boyfriend

Tiny cunt? Or was it little cunt? Really don't wanna go back and check. OMG, however did you know ??? Wait, was that YOU I caught peeping in my window last night ???

Barbie's Boyfriend

When you mentioned tiny ( or little), you were talking about stomach's, weren't you ??? I mean, I'll cop[ to that. My 5' 11" , 175 lb self would seem quite tiny next to your gargantuan gut ( Love me some alliteration. You think Comstink even knows what the word { there I go agin' } alliteration even means) ???

Barbie's Boyfriend

And since that was indeed you peeping in my window, you can verify to the rest of the 'Pit that this is indeed the Shirtless Studmuffin know as Barbie's Boyfriend:
006edited.jpg
(296.27 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

Barbie's Boyfriend

Now that you know what I look like, do you really think your porcine (OOH, a ten dollar word from my totally 'tard self) pussface self should be running such internet smack at me ???

John D

Post by John D »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote: Now that you know what I look like, do you really think your porcine (OOH, a ten dollar word from my totally 'tard self) pussface self should be running such internet smack at me ???
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my words. You think you can get away with saying shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your tongue. You didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

John D

Post by John D »

and Com is way funnier than you too!

Barbie's Boyfriend

Seriously, if you are ever in HTown (more alliteration), look me up. Run your smack to my face.

And when you're done, we can go visit my favorite bar in Midtown (Little Woodrows) They can tell you what I did last December, the day after my 57th birthday. ( Hint: I help a bouncer subdue a belligerent drunk. The crowd was so imprssed, I had not one, but TWO drinks purchased for me { Commie, you can count to two, can you } Several people also came up and thanked me, etc. Seems asshole drunk was fucking with them too, but they were to pussified to do anything about it)

Hey Tit, I know the rules about doxxing, but does that also go for self doxxing? I mean I would love to tell Fizzy the name of the bartenders that work at this bar that can verify this story, but I wouldn't wanna get into trouble !!!

John D

Post by John D »

Hey Barbie's Boy.... are you from a part of the country where they use a lot of Meth? Cause...well... yeah....

Barbie's Boyfriend

But Fizzy, I must give you credit. At least you kept your insults, unoriginal as they were, to me personally. At least you didn't go all Slap*Her*Face (Hello, Slapherface. Calling you Shitterface would have been way too unoriginal. But I'm sure Comstink could think of an ever better nickname to call you) and call my eighty one year old mother a whore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, I would NEVER sink to those depths. I keep my insults to the intended targets. I NEVER insult anybody's female relatives. But then Slap*Her*Face is a quality Cunt that way (still MORE alliteration). Since thgat time, she has also called sombody's else's mother a whore, and said that somebody's sister couldn't hear her brother cause she was busy sucking his dick/ Class act, cunt !!!

BTW, Slap*HER*Face has a dick? Girlcock ??? I guess she is the Slymepit's first Trans Person. Props to her !!!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote: ( Hint: I help a bouncer subdue a belligerent drunk. The crowd was so imprssed, I had not one, but TWO drinks purchased for me { Commie, you can count to two, can you } Several people also came up and thanked me, etc. Seems asshole drunk was fucking with them too, but they were to pussified to do anything about it)
In fairness, you did have a bouncer on your side. Pretty easy to be as brave AF when you have to subdue a belligerent drunk and you've got a bouncer on your side.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Hey Mucus Gold ( bet you didn't think I knew what AU meant, huh ? You think Comstink knows? Prolly not, but he almost certainly knows that chemical abbreviation for Meth !!!), did you see the article posted here a couple of weeks back that mentioned the Pyt ? Specifically, the comments from two chicks that said they no longer visit the Pyt because of that, and I'm paraphrasing here "Stupid Hillbilly Redneck", wait for it, WAIT FOR IT... COMSTINK LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yes, I saw it, but didn't mention it. So much for me always bringing up the past. But several other Pitters mentioned it. Now go back and find it, and bitch about all of those Pitters. Oh, wait...

John D

Post by John D »

It's that fucking hair line that really scares me the most. It gets all those college gurls hot between the legs. "Oooooh...that old geezer helped the bouncer remove a sloppy drunk who couldn't support his own weight.... now I want to fuck him sooooo hard!"
4-19-2018 4-17-54 PM.jpg
(5.05 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

Barbie's Boyfriend

And I've even resisted the temptation to rag on the Boat Obsessed Bozo ( Fizzy, you really think the twenty times funnier than me Comstink could conceive of a name that alliterative , as well as funny as fuck ???) For instance, the other day, when I heard about the death of the actor who played the sargeant in Full Metal Jacket, I was tempted to post Steerswad's favorite scene from the wonderful film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A-2N5emW7A
\
And yet , I resisted the urge ...

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Tigzy wrote:
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote: ( Hint: I help a bouncer subdue a belligerent drunk. The crowd was so imprssed, I had not one, but TWO drinks purchased for me { Commie, you can count to two, can you } Several people also came up and thanked me, etc. Seems asshole drunk was fucking with them too, but they were to pussified to do anything about it)
I have a video of the incident in question:

In fairness, you did have a bouncer on your side. Pretty easy to be as brave AF when you have to subdue a belligerent drunk and you've got a bouncer on your side.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Well, I guess I have taken up enuf of Fascist Tit's broadband space. I think I'll check out now. I mean, I wouldn't wanna waste anybody's time. There are so many hours in a day (Comstink, there are twenty four hours in a day. Oh yes, I forgot, you can't count past twenty. And that is with Fizzy helping you). You need all of that time to keep up on all of the important... perhaps y'all have never heard, PZ fantasizes about squids, Dicky Carrier fantasizes about facials, Becky Watson is a dope smoking, alcoholic undef achiever, Lindy West is fat, etc, etc, etc. I really wouldn't want my not so humorous musings to interfere with those never ending pursuits

John D

Post by John D »

"Me no fuck you big boy... you too big... you pay extra with big dick...."
4-19-2018 4-28-56 PM.jpg
(11.71 KiB) Downloaded 91 times

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I fucked up my quote placement. :drool:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote: And yet , I resisted the urge ...
Did the bouncer help you with this one as well?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote: Hey Mucus Gold ( bet you didn't think I knew what AU meant, huh ? You think Comstink knows? Prolly not, but he almost certainly knows that chemical abbreviation for Meth !!!), did you see the article posted here a couple of weeks back that mentioned the Pyt ? Specifically, the comments from two chicks that said they no longer visit the Pyt because of that, and I'm paraphrasing here "Stupid Hillbilly Redneck", wait for it, WAIT FOR IT... COMSTINK LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yes, I saw it, but didn't mention it. So much for me always bringing up the past. But several other Pitters mentioned it. Now go back and find it, and bitch about all of those Pitters. Oh, wait...
I guess this is adressed to me. Yes 'Au' is the chemical symbol for gold - but my 'nym comes from Marcus Aurelius (which will be news to no one). I've got no idea what Com thinks of it one way or the other - and I can't really be bothered to ask. If you or anyone else has a problem with him then you can still reach him on twitter - or not - take your choice.

Yeah - I recall that link to reddit - there were a couple of ex-pyters there mentioning that the didn't like Com and so don't post here anymore - Each to their own I suppose - sometimes I just can't work up the rightious indignation. And I doubt I'll be able to set everything right with the world. So no bitching required.

I don't think I've really said much to raise your ire - but if you think differently that's on you.

Barbie's Boyfriend

This just in: I just spoke with several of my male neighbors, and it seems Fizzy was also looking in all of their windows too !!! I guess this makes Fizzy Polyamorous . Just like Sticky Dicky Carrier. Speaking of rhymes, doesn't Fizzy rhyme with Jizzy ???

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Brive1987 wrote: PZ vs Shermer. Round 312.

http://archive.is/L4v4N
PZ wrote:Somehow, though, those alt-right/right wing crusaders for “FREE SPEECH” never get around to criticizing their libertarian hero. I don’t know why, other than that it’s entirely clear that they’re actually interested in suppressing some free speech…just not their own.
For the record, I really don’t think Shermer should be launching lawyers to shut down (or even just chill) free speech on campus. Especially if he’s unwilling to man up and sue PZ and/or Buzzfeed News.

some guy

Post by some guy »

Hokey smokes! An actual interesting and analytical post over at The Orbit that isn't self-absorbed drivel, or nanny-policing/moralizing about other people's behavior. It's from their newest blogger Juhem Navarro-Rivera, about the demographic changes in white evangelical congregations.

I don't think this guy is going to fit in over there.

https://the-orbit.net/beyondchurchandst ... ng-crisis/

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Christ on a crutch. BB, ease up, you're just grinding metal.

John D

Post by John D »

Seriously, I was thinking about a WWF style battle game. Some kind of mechanic... where each player lays down their cards in advance, and secretly, so the opponent would not know what was coming. The best at guessing their opponents moves would be the likely winner. But... then... I have too many ideas in my head and not enough energy to finish them. Derf. Com would be a good adviser on this game.

I am also thinking of writing a game called "Geezer Bounce" where and old geezer tries to toss out a drunk from the bar. If the old geezer succeeds he gets hard sex from a hot college gurl. I can't think of who could advise me on this game however.

(maybe I should finish the SJW game first... shit)

I love these little wressler toys....
4-19-2018 4-55-06 PM.jpg
(18.48 KiB) Downloaded 196 times

CaptainFluffyBunny

d4m10n wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: PZ vs Shermer. Round 312.

http://archive.is/L4v4N
PZ wrote:Somehow, though, those alt-right/right wing crusaders for “FREE SPEECH” never get around to criticizing their libertarian hero. I don’t know why, other than that it’s entirely clear that they’re actually interested in suppressing some free speech…just not their own.
For the record, I really don’t think Shermer should be launching lawyers to shut down (or even just chill) free speech on campus. Especially if he’s unwilling to man up and sue PZ and/or Buzzfeed News.
He should have gone through and sued Myers. I imagine with Little Paul's latest rant, he still could, though the statue of limitations is up on the grenade post. He lost a lot of respect by backing down. His tactic of ignoring them until they go away has been a failure. They won't be satisfied until his career is destroyed.

I'm sure he engaged in some sleazy behavior. But conflating that with rape and abuse is horrid. And the presumption of innocence only seems to work for their side.

CaptainFluffyBunny

some guy wrote: Hokey smokes! An actual interesting and analytical post over at The Orbit that isn't self-absorbed drivel, or nanny-policing/moralizing about other people's behavior. It's from their newest blogger Juhem Navarro-Rivera, about the demographic changes in white evangelical congregations.

I don't think this guy is going to fit in over there.

https://the-orbit.net/beyondchurchandst ... ng-crisis/
I thought you were pulling a fast one until I looked, expecting to be rickrolled. Yeah, that made sense and everything. Insightful. Weird.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

John D wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:58 pm
Seriously, I was thinking about a WWF style battle game. Some kind of mechanic... where each player lays down their cards in advance, and secretly, so the opponent would not know what was coming. The best at guessing their opponents moves would be the likely winner. But... then... I have too many ideas in my head and not enough energy to finish them. Derf. Com would be a good adviser on this game.
As I understand WWF-style wrestling mechanics, a closer-to-reality approach would be to have the main moves laid out in the open, and eventually insert some secret improvisation moves, with secret counter moves on the other side. Also a few taunt cards. But ultimately it wouldn't be a competition type of game, but a cooperation. The game's "dungeon master" could be some kind of "happy crowd" meter where successful moves earn points and shitty ones remove them.

But in the end all your wrestlers would die because McMahon.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I've just watched the first episode of Netflix's 'Lost in Space' I can't say it's captured me yet. Very annoying characters so far so it's not looking promising.
► Show Spoiler

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

We started watching Lucifer. Lots of fun so far.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: Seriously, I was thinking about a WWF style battle game. Some kind of mechanic... where each player lays down their cards in advance, and secretly, so the opponent would not know what was coming. The best at guessing their opponents moves would be the likely winner. But... then... I have too many ideas in my head and not enough energy to finish them. Derf. Com would be a good adviser on this game.

I am also thinking of writing a game called "Geezer Bounce" where and old geezer tries to toss out a drunk from the bar. If the old geezer succeeds he gets hard sex from a hot college gurl. I can't think of who could advise me on this game however.

(maybe I should finish the SJW game first... shit)

I love these little wressler toys....
<no pic>
David Brin's Thor Meets Captain America or at least it's premise (spoilers in the link) strikes me as a ready idea for a game. In fact for all I know it may have already been developed.

Just my 2c to someone that already has too many ideas to develop from someone that has no experience with this sort of thing at all. You're welcome John.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:47 pm
Sometimes I wonder whether Barbie's Boyfriend is actuall cohmcinc trolling us all, or just unhealthily obsessed with him.
I think that Klaus's Boyfriend is legit.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

some guy wrote: A recent comment from one of Heina Dadabhoy's Kickstarter backers, about the book she got $10k to write (and then after years of repeated excuses and firm promises, when silent).
Jason Murray wrote: Given that Heina has demonstrated an abject disregard for the 342 backers of this project, and evidently lacks the integrity or common courtesy to provide any sort of update, I decided to contact Pitchstone Publishing directly. This was their response:

"Hi Jason,
Unfortunately, due to the author's delays on the project, we've had to push it back and no longer have a release date. We're sorry we can't be more help in regards to your disappointment over the Kickstarter, which was completely the responsibility of the author. We urge you to continue to follow up with Dadhaboy. We'll post info when we get a firm release date set. "

Note that there is no longer a release date, as per the publisher. It no longer even appears on their website (pitchstonepublishing.com).

As per the publisher, the delay is due to the "author".

Heina also appears to have deactivated or deleted her Twitter account (@heinousdealings).

In the immortal words of The Steve Miller Band: "go on take the money and run"...
Heinous dealings indeed. Will there ever be a "A Skeptic's Guide to Islam"?

We could collate Kirb's writings here at the Pit and sell it under the same title.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Christ on a crutch. BB, ease up, you're just grinding metal.
I don’t really understand why people flip their lids here - and there have been several.

It’s not so much the obsessive quality: which is a pre-req for membership. Rather the lowering of the red curtain.

:doh:

Fuck em.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
some guy wrote: A recent comment from one of Heina Dadabhoy's Kickstarter backers, about the book she got $10k to write (and then after years of repeated excuses and firm promises, when silent).
Jason Murray wrote: Given that Heina has demonstrated an abject disregard for the 342 backers of this project, and evidently lacks the integrity or common courtesy to provide any sort of update, I decided to contact Pitchstone Publishing directly. This was their response:

"Hi Jason,
Unfortunately, due to the author's delays on the project, we've had to push it back and no longer have a release date. We're sorry we can't be more help in regards to your disappointment over the Kickstarter, which was completely the responsibility of the author. We urge you to continue to follow up with Dadhaboy. We'll post info when we get a firm release date set. "

Note that there is no longer a release date, as per the publisher. It no longer even appears on their website (pitchstonepublishing.com).

Heina also appears to have deactivated or deleted her Twitter account (@heinousdealings).

In the immortal words of The Steve Miller Band: "go on take the money and run"...

We could collate Kirb's writings here at the Pit and sell it under the same title.
I’d be prepared to take on editor responsibilities.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Christ on a crutch. BB, ease up, you're just grinding metal.
I don’t really understand why people flip their lids here - and there have been several.

It’s not so much the obsessive quality: which is a pre-req for membership. Rather the lowering of the red curtain.

Fuck em.
As we used to say in the beginning "don't take anything personally/seriously here at the Pit, and you'll do ok". That came after being told to fuck off.

Also, it's trolls all the way down.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

"Hi Jason,

I'd be willing to help - I'm sure we could work in some snarky comment about Ol' Chipsahoy.

CaptainFluffyBunny

shoutinghorse wrote: I've just watched the first episode of Netflix's 'Lost in Space' I can't say it's captured me yet. Very annoying characters so far so it's not looking promising.
► Show Spoiler
My wife loved watching reruns of the original when she was a girl, and became a fan. So we're enduring this. We're up to episode 7, and it hasn't gotten any better in terms of plot or science. Predictable, unrelatable and no gratuitous nudity. 2/10.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Fuck em.
As we used to say in the beginning "don't take anything personally/seriously here at the Pit, and you'll do ok". That came after being told to fuck off.

Also, it's trolls all the way down.
FTFY. A well developed sense of the absurd, especially one's own absurdity, is a major asset to getting through life.

When you look at the freddos thrown, like by Justipoo over franc's "threat" to slip a piece of paper into Peezus' pocket, you can understand why...

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

"Hi Jason,

Yeah, I said a while back that Kirb had a book in him. I think it would be great, plus it would tweak the baboon's nipples 'til they squealed.

C'mon, Kirb. Also, it would be really handy to have a list of terms and crap that get thrown about, but are relatively unknown outside of Muslims and their close detractors.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I find it absurd how right I am about so many things.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: I find it absurd how right I am about so many things.
I find it absurd how right you are too.

(You left yourself open to that).

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I've been toying with the idea of sitting down and writing something more coherent than the rambling posts I've written here. I was actually thinking about calling a potential book something along the lines "Islam: A Skeptical Introduction" just to a) don't violate copyright but b) still being a master ruseman.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Although jokes aside I think that it would take me a lot of time to write a coherent book, with references, footnotes, actual research to make sure I don't get things wrong (because hey, since I'm not Dick Carrier I don't think I'm omniscient), etc.. I write my posts on the fly, sometimes even while I'm doing something else, and mostly on the bus or after work. They're full of minor mistakes in grammar and syntax, and sometimes I over-simplify stuff, but that's OK in a forum.

A book is something more serious. Plus, I'm not sure if it can be published anonymously. I'm not exactly ready to put my real name on the cover, for a long series of issues.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Kirbmarc wrote: I've been toying with the idea of sitting down and writing something more coherent than the rambling posts I've written here. I was actually thinking about calling a potential book something along the lines "Islam: A Skeptical Introduction" just to a) don't violate copyright but b) still being a master ruseman.
I think you may be too educated to write a book on islam - I mean the last guy to really make an impact on this topic was illiterate.

CaptainFluffyBunny

rayshul wrote: I always find I struggle to understand how you would have black kids in the bottom of the class but then I remember that I'm using my family as a reference point
American black culture doesn't often value education. It is often derided, and recent forays against meritocracy, language and science by SJWs are just reinforcing this belief that education shouldn't be valued.

On a field trip recently (Middle School, around age 14) a scientist asked the class what they wanted to be when they grew up. Over half the black boys said that they were going to be a hip-hop artist. Others made gang symbols with their hands. Some of the girls snuck off to the bathroom to smoke pot.

Kids that really try are often made fun of or ostracized by other blacks. It's really sad.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Kirbmarc wrote: Although jokes aside I think that it would take me a lot of time to write a coherent book, with references, footnotes, actual research to make sure I don't get things wrong (because hey, since I'm not Dick Carrier I don't think I'm omniscient), etc.. I write my posts on the fly, sometimes even while I'm doing something else, and mostly on the bus or after work. They're full of minor mistakes in grammar and syntax, and sometimes I over-simplify stuff, but that's OK in a forum.

A book is something more serious. Plus, I'm not sure if it can be published anonymously. I'm not exactly ready to put my real name on the cover, for a long series of issues.
True, but a book could make a larger impact than your posts here, and you clearly have some thoughts you want to share. A pen name would suffice to keep your identity secret. You could also start a blog, being less involved than a book.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: <snip>
recent forays against meritocracy, language and science by SJWs are just reinforcing this belief that education shouldn't be valued.
</snip>
That's something I didn't think about, but it sounds plausible. The idea that "science is sexist/racist/white supremacist", which is promoted by some in the SocJus, is not only idiotically wrong and a way to avoid criticism, but also further alienates people who already think that they can't hack it in the field and who don't value education. I'm starting to think that more women are dissuaded to go into science by the hyperbolic SocJus claims of the "sexism in science" than are encouraged to go into science by the SocJus promotion of "Smart Women in the Media". I don't know about issues of science and race but it's certainly possible that the SocJus is reinforcing pre-existing beliefs.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Kirbmarc wrote: I've been toying with the idea of sitting down and writing something more coherent than the rambling posts I've written here. I was actually thinking about calling a potential book something along the lines "Islam: A Skeptical Introduction" just to a) don't violate copyright but b) still being a master ruseman.
Maybe you could bolt together some of your posts from the Pit, and shove it out as a book. If you can beat the time it took Peezy everyone would be really impressed.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

shoutinghorse wrote: I've just watched the first episode of Netflix's 'Lost in Space' I can't say it's captured me yet. Very annoying characters so far so it's not looking promising.
► Show Spoiler
Saw the previews and was wondering if there are any adult males in it because you didn't see any in the previews.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote: I find it absurd how right I am about so many things.
I find you rightly absurd.

some guy

Post by some guy »

I think a book would be a great idea. Coming from you, I assume it would cover substantive aspects, not the stupidly trivial ones Heina Dadabhoy proposed to cover.

BTW, no need to worry about copyright infringement with the title, it's too short and is generally descriptive. The only possible way Heina Dadabhoy could call you out for using the same title would be under the general concept of unfair trade practices; but she could only do that if she had a book (or was on the verge of releasing one) of the same title, and it is pretty clear she has abandoned her own.

It would be neat if you started a kickstarter of the same name, however. Or a more obvious variant, like "A REAL Skeptic's Guide to Islam". (You could change the book name later; but the similarity alone would give you some publicity in the skeptic world). If you had a good topical outline before you launched the kickstarter, I don't see why you couldn't do much better than Heina did. One thing Heina did do was sour a lot of people's willingness to fund things in the skeptical community, so showing in advance that it was more than a mere notion would help.

And lots of books are released anonymously using pseudonyms. So that shouldn't be a problem.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

katamari Damassi wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Saw the previews and was wondering if there are any adult males in it because you didn't see any in the previews.
I just looked at a preview. The tone seems serious. The Robinsons actually look distressed about being lost. It looks like each family member has substantial screen time.

The original series quickly settled into being The Will and Dr Smith Comedy Hour after the first few episodes.

If the only continuity is the name, what's the point? Bring on the space hippies!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

You can't copyright a book title. Hyena's fat ass has been squatting on that other one so long, it ought to be taken.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I watched ARRIVAL the other night. It was really dumb.