There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Lsuoma »

Kirbmarc wrote: 'This is death to the family': Japan's fertility crisis is creating economic and social woes never seen before

But at least they salvaged Japanese identity :bjarte:

Also, fuck, this is Japanese genocide! Why is no one concerned?
Doesn't sound good. But can you explain how adding non-economically-productive people would improve the situation?

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

This has very little to do with usual pit topics, but it's a real tragicomedy, I think you might enjoy it. It's very well done. (via hackernews)

I've never owned an Apple and always been jealous of folks who can pay $2K+ for a Macbook, or $600+ for a phone.... So what this guy describes really is shocking to me.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

And no, they didn't salvage Japanese identity:
Young couples are fighting to make relationships work amid a traditional work culture that expects men to be breadwinners and women to be homemakers. It's a losing battle. Many newlyweds are forced to watch their free time disappear, surrendering everything from the occasional date night to starting a family.
But this is a completely different problem, and I doubt anyone is suggesting that a few million 20-35-year-old single male "child" immigrants could fix this.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Lsuoma wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: 'This is death to the family': Japan's fertility crisis is creating economic and social woes never seen
before

But at least they salvaged Japanese identity :bjarte:

Also, fuck, this is Japanese genocide! Why is no one concerned?
Doesn't sound good. But can you explain how adding non-economically-productive people would improve the situation?
What if you select for economically productive people? Like, you know, letting in people who do certain jobs? :bjarte:

An outrageous idea :bjarte:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Lsuoma wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:27 pm
And no, they didn't salvage Japanese identity:
Young couples are fighting to make relationships work amid a traditional work culture that expects men to be breadwinners and women to be homemakers. It's a losing battle. Many newlyweds are forced to watch their free time disappear, surrendering everything from the occasional date night to starting a family.
But this is a completely different problem, and I doubt anyone is suggesting that a few million 20-35-year-old single male "child" immigrants could fix this.
It's a different problem, but it's a related problem. Labor shortages due to the aging of the population lead to longer working hours and no social safety net and so they need to work for more years. The Japanese couples have to work so much they barely even see each other.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote: This has very little to do with usual pit topics, but it's a real tragicomedy, I think you might enjoy it. It's very well done. (via hackernews)

I've never owned an Apple and always been jealous of folks who can pay $2K+ for a Macbook, or $600+ for a phone.... So what this guy describes really is shocking to me.
Saw that a few days ago, and it reinforces my decision, taken a couple of years ago, never to buy another Crapple computer ever again. We have thousands of fanbois at Amazon. There are a couple of internal mailing lists, one for Mac users, one for Windows users. Every day the Mac list receives questions about how to work round Apple problems. The Windows list almost never get analogous questions. And the price for a Windows machine with similar specs to an equivalent Apple is <=40%. And now there is a full-blown Ubuntu env for W10 (most fanbois say they MUST have Linux to develop on). But, APPLE. APPLE!!!

Wankers.

Apple is a useless, marketing-driven, non-innovative company. And has been for a decade. I use a company-paid-for iPhone because it is reliable and relatively secure (locked down tight) platform and I want it to just work, rather than upgrading/installing/configuring. But I set it to grey-scale to make it less intrusive. And I don't do Arsebook/Tardbook or Twatter.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Also, fuck everyone apart from people I care for. Which includes Pitters.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Farming, fishing, and forestry is the sector with the highest share of immigrant workers. Immigrants make up 46% of the workforce in this industry.
What a bunch of unproductive leeches :cdc:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

"What we want is an ethno-state with no lazy, parasitical leeches from the shithole countries, who are killing the proud western culture and contributing nothing of value. Check out these videos from known alt-righters who spell out exactly what we want, also look, Lauren Southern is setting up barriers and stopping immigrants, with the help of group with paramilitary capacities, that's a good thing."

"This discussion board has drifted to the right, even the far right"

"What the hell are you talking about? There's been no shift. No shift at all. You're delusional!"

:bjarte:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Apple products are shit.

I was in the studio last week, with my sound engineer insisting on using only Mac products. We ended up losing half a day's worth of work because his beloved Apple wasn't compatible with very common hardware. Had to go fetch another sound card. From a shithole in the mountains one hour away from the nearest decent shop. Buy a fucking PC, you mong!

I also wanted his girlfriend to try The Witcher 3, and of course it's not compatible with her Mac. Buy a fucking PC, you mong!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

You got to hand it to Steersman, for all his faults at least he's honest enough to admit that what he wants are "population transfers". The other fans of ethno-states, when you ask how they plan to get rid of those pesky non-white people in their project of an ethno-state, simply shrug, or say "they'll fit in or fuck off".

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Oh, so because I hate Apple products I'm now a fan of ethno-states?

Fuck off, Marxist scum!

;)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Oh, so because I hate Apple products I'm now a fan of ethno-states?

Fuck off, Marxist scum!

;)
:D

There are plenty of good reasons not to be fans of Apple, even if one is Marxist scum (which I'm not): Apple’s iPhone X assembled by illegal student labour

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Lsuoma wrote: Also, fuck everyone apart from people I care for. Which includes Pitters.
Could you disambiguate this?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote: "What we want is an ethno-state with no lazy, parasitical leeches from the shithole countries, who are killing the proud western culture and contributing nothing of value. Check out these videos from known alt-righters who spell out exactly what we want, also look, Lauren Southern is setting up barriers and stopping immigrants, with the help of group with paramilitary capacities, that's a good thing."

"This discussion board has drifted to the right, even the far right"

"What the hell are you talking about? There's been no shift. No shift at all. You're delusional!"

:bjarte:
I don’t think quotation marks operate the way you think they do. Which is weird given your doctorate in linguistics and everything.

But tell me. Are you aware that you have failed to construct a cogent argument establishing the benefit of liberal (civic national) principles as a way to organise a strong nation? Let alone a defence of the pragmatic implementation of civic nationalism in the West. Yet all the while you have become increasingly and disturbingly infantile towards people pointing at the naked emperor.

The best you have got is that they are here. That that’s great for our pensions. That more should come and soon. And all we need to do is convince ‘em to drop their own developed culture in favour of Miley Cyrus, ANZAC Day and elusive qualities like ‘free speech’.

Meanwhile you reap the benefits of a society far further down the pathway to cultural defense than the poor bastard countries whose defenders you label as closet nazis.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: But tell me. Are you aware that you have failed to construct a cogent argument establishing the benefit of liberal (civic national) principles as a way to organise a strong nation? Let alone a defence of the pragmatic implementation of civic nationalism in the West. Yet all the while you have become increasingly and disturbingly infantile towards people pointing at the naked emperor.
It's not like I have written extensively about what to do to promote integration in the past, with lengthy posts about measures to tailor immigration to economic needs, how to reform refugee laws to allow in people who are fleeing cultural oppression while keeping out those who are supporting it. It's not like I have pointed out the negative influence of conservative/reactionary islam, of Gulf States paying regressive "community leaders", and how to curtail that, so much that people have gotten tired of reading it. It's not like I have pointed out how neoliberal/neoconservative policies have affected integration, or lack there of, along with child care and so birth rates. It's not like I have discuss at length how civic programs which promote inter-community cooperation for a higher goal might be sorely needed to fight against cultural isolation and ghettoization. It's not like I have pointed out the importance of education to teach civil values and create the climate where second-generation immigrants can assimilate to the liberal democratic values.

It's not like I have pointed out WHY "first world" societies NEED immigration IF it's controlled and regulated to promote access to productive workers. It's not like I have pointed out how Japan, which has one of the strictest immigration policies in the world, suffers from the same problems that some people here attribute to immigration, and how its economic and social system suffers from an aging population.

No, this is all infantile.

Meanwhile you've replied with lots of youtube videos about the idyllic Australian life when there were no pesky non-white people. That's very mature. Sophisticated, even.
The best you have got is that they are here. That that’s great for our pensions. That more should come and soon. And all we need to do is convince ‘em to drop their own developed culture in favour of Miley Cyrus, ANZAC Day and elusive qualities like ‘free speech’.
What I've done is point out WHY those immigration policies were pursued, and HOW you need to regulate them to reduce their issues and increase their benefits. I've also argued about how civic principles can be taught, how you need to address problems of isolation, of cultural entrenchment, through civic institutions and education. I've discussed PLENTY of times about the negative effects of foreign powers actions, like in the case of the Gulf theocracy, and how to counter this, something that can apply to China, too, with the necessary differences.

Also, yes, of course, Enlightenment principles are "elusive qualities". Well, they're elusive until they're not part of your country, then you end up with theocracy or authoritarian dictatorships. But I guess that if the theocracy is Christian, or the authoritarian regime is for the good of the Volk, then it's OK for "some" people. I don't think you want those things, but deriding free speech as an "elusive quality" is not a good start.
Meanwhile you reap the benefits of a society far further down the pathway to cultural defense than the poor bastard countries whose defenders you label as closet nazis.
OK. Let's make it clear. HOW will you defend your Anglo-White ethno-state? HOW do you apply your project in practice? What do you do to the non-white people who already leave in Australia? Steersman-esque "population transfers"? Isolating them further in specific areas? Limiting the number of children they can have by law?

Also, maybe, if you don't want to be even remotely associated with the alt-right, you shouldn't constantly praise the alt-right.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: I don’t think quotation marks operate the way you think they do. Which is weird given your doctorate in linguistics and everything.
Those aren't verbatim quotations. They're paraphrases of what has been said here in the Pit. Just like your paraphrase of Dick Carrier's tweet.

Tell me whether I have misrepresented the views of you and others, and if so, how.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Kirbmarc wrote: HOW will you defend your Anglo-White ethno-state?
"To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women." - Brive (the alt-right barbarian)

:D

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:26 pm
Really think more and more that Creativity's only mistake was making an account here a year too early.

See ya around, or not.
If only someone could have predicted that people left and would be leaving the Slymepit because it had drifted to the far-right.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:38 pm
Guest_b8931fdb wrote: This has very little to do with usual pit topics, but it's a real tragicomedy, I think you might enjoy it. It's very well done. (via hackernews)

Saw that a few days ago, and it reinforces my decision, taken a couple of years ago, never to buy another Crapple computer ever again. We have thousands of fanbois at Amazon. There are a couple of internal mailing lists, one for Mac users, one for Windows users. Every day the Mac list receives questions about how to work round Apple problems. The Windows list almost never get analogous questions. And the price for a Windows machine with similar specs to an equivalent Apple is <=40%. And now there is a full-blown Ubuntu env for W10 (most fanbois say they MUST have Linux to develop on). But, APPLE. APPLE!!!

Wankers.

Apple is a useless, marketing-driven, non-innovative company. And has been for a decade. I use a company-paid-for iPhone because it is reliable and relatively secure (locked down tight) platform and I want it to just work, rather than upgrading/installing/configuring. But I set it to grey-scale to make it less intrusive. And I don't do Arsebook/Tardbook or Twatter.
I have a mid 2010 MacBook Pro 13". It has hardly seen any use. I just powered it up for the first time in two years. Doing updates now.
Installing software update: About 29 minutes
So far so good?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

OK, Azerbaijan (of all places) has finally figured out how to sell me on state militarism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKA9xJx-NKg

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

DrokkIt wrote: OK, Azerbaijan (of all places) has finally figured out how to sell me on state militarism.

This should cure you...

...for a variety of reasons.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Bhurzum wrote:
DrokkIt wrote: OK, Azerbaijan (of all places) has finally figured out how to sell me on state militarism.

This should cure you...

...for a variety of reasons.
RIP my boner.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

DrokkIt wrote: RIP my boner.
https://media.makeameme.org/created/my- ... v2vis2.jpg

(fucking right-wing badger/racoon/thingy...)

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Apple products are shit.

I was in the studio last week, with my sound engineer insisting on using only Mac products. We ended up losing half a day's worth of work because his beloved Apple wasn't compatible with very common hardware. Had to go fetch another sound card. From a shithole in the mountains one hour away from the nearest decent shop. Buy a fucking PC, you mong!

I also wanted his girlfriend to try The Witcher 3, and of course it's not compatible with her Mac. Buy a fucking PC, you mong!
Just look at the calibre of cuckery they employ.
Attachments
cuck.PNG
(878.06 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I don’t think quotation marks operate the way you think they do. Which is weird given your doctorate in linguistics and everything.
Those aren't verbatim quotations. They're paraphrases of what has been said here in the Pit. Just like your paraphrase of Dick Carrier's tweet.

Tell me whether I have misrepresented the views of you and others, and if so, how.
Ah. So you were “quoting shit you made up”. (SWIDT) That doesn’t seem to fall within the nine rules of using quotation marks.
https://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/quotes.asp

But you’re obviously the expert.

In polite debate it’s usual to either direct quote for accuracy or be clear you are providing repurposed commentary.

Re Carrier. I was ironically (actual) quoting Muhammad Ali’s (justified) hubris and contrasting it to Carrier’s comic relief.

I do though appreciate the time you took to search down a gotcha.

Slither

Post by Slither »

You might recall that I wrote a comment to the Oberlin Review in response to one of their articles claiming that checking receipts in their college store was racist. They took about four days to approve my comment. The following response to my comment was approved within hours.

For the record, this person's claim that I previously posted under a different name is false. I think this response perfectly characterizes student abilities at one of the best liberal colleges in the United States:
https://oberlinreview.org/16156/opinion ... /#comments
lua stamos Reply:
April 27th, 2018 at 2:12 AM

Sam,

You are the same person masked in a different screenname who comes to comment on every article about Gibson’s.

You know nothing about what happened that day.

You were also not present at any of the public hearings, so kindly stfu and reformulate your arguments. You’re clearly unable to see the irony in your colored conceptualization of violence and theft saran wrapped in a deliciously thoughtless characterization of people you do not know based on your limited critical thinking skills when reading poorly written Chronicle-Telegram articles.

Your statements are mildly insulting, at best, given that you can’t move past generalizations long enough to articulate a clear point that seems riddled in bitterness and acrimony.

Who denied you admission to the postsecondary institution of your choice? With so much time spent vocalizing your stress about young adults under the ageof 25, I’d surely hope you’re generating all of that goodwill by volunteering at Oberlin Community Services, the Boys and Girls Club and Kendal. Ultimately, I wish you well and send you so much love and compassion. I hope that you are able to share, process, and address whatever negative experiences have convinced you to take precious time out of your day to wax poetic about the injustices of talking about injustice.

After all, you’re doing more to change the world and encourage positive discourse in this comment section than the students attending courses taught by phDs more than four times a week and actively engaging in community centers, internships, global fellowships, and postbaccalaureate studies, yes?

Good for you, Sam: influencing global peace, one bitter trollpost at a time.
For a while I thought that I shouldn't be so hard on them because they are "only" students. But I've reconsidered: these are students that are at one of the most highly regarded liberal arts schools in the country. The person who wrote this response is at least a second-year student. In my first year of university I studied math, physics and computer science, and was expected to not only understand Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity, but to write cogently and coherently. And here we have a student at an elite college bragging that he attends courses "taught by phDs more than four times a week". For pete's sake!

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Slither wrote: You might recall that I wrote a comment to the Oberlin Review in response to one of their articles claiming that checking receipts in their college store was racist. They took about four days to approve my comment. The following response to my comment was approved within hours.

For the record, this person's claim that I previously posted under a different name is false. I think this response perfectly characterizes student abilities at one of the best liberal colleges in the United States:
https://oberlinreview.org/16156/opinion ... /#comments
lua stamos Reply:
April 27th, 2018 at 2:12 AM

Sam,

You are the same person masked in a different screenname who comes to comment on every article about Gibson’s.

You know nothing about what happened that day.

You were also not present at any of the public hearings, so kindly stfu and reformulate your arguments. You’re clearly unable to see the irony in your colored conceptualization of violence and theft saran wrapped in a deliciously thoughtless characterization of people you do not know based on your limited critical thinking skills when reading poorly written Chronicle-Telegram articles.

Your statements are mildly insulting, at best, given that you can’t move past generalizations long enough to articulate a clear point that seems riddled in bitterness and acrimony.

Who denied you admission to the postsecondary institution of your choice? With so much time spent vocalizing your stress about young adults under the ageof 25, I’d surely hope you’re generating all of that goodwill by volunteering at Oberlin Community Services, the Boys and Girls Club and Kendal. Ultimately, I wish you well and send you so much love and compassion. I hope that you are able to share, process, and address whatever negative experiences have convinced you to take precious time out of your day to wax poetic about the injustices of talking about injustice.

After all, you’re doing more to change the world and encourage positive discourse in this comment section than the students attending courses taught by phDs more than four times a week and actively engaging in community centers, internships, global fellowships, and postbaccalaureate studies, yes?

Good for you, Sam: influencing global peace, one bitter trollpost at a time.
For a while I thought that I shouldn't be so hard on them because they are "only" students. But I've reconsidered: these are students that are at one of the most highly regarded liberal arts schools in the country. The person who wrote this response is at least a second-year student. In my first year of university I studied math, physics and computer science, and was expected to not only understand Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity, but to write cogently and coherently. And here we have a student at an elite college bragging that he attends courses "taught by phDs more than four times a week". For pete's sake!
I'm afraid most colleges have deteriorated sharply in the last few years. One of my daughter's professors declared that correct grammar and spelling were often racist, and this was in a writing class.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

What's next for Sweden, forced euthanasia for the over 50's? At this point in time I really wouldn't put it past them.

Sweden, the basket case of Europe. :cry:
https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/04/swedi ... eY.twitter
Attachments
swd.PNG
(14.21 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:35 pm
What if you select for economically productive people? Like, you know, letting in people who do certain jobs?
From the link in your pollyanna propaganda link:
Immigration-Blog-Post_Table_02-747x655.png
(238.74 KiB) Downloaded 254 times

Wow, look at all those "economically productive" fruit sorters and manicurists! Praise the Lord, Gramma! We can afford to keep you around after all.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
What if you select for economically productive people? Like, you know, letting in people who do certain jobs?

Wow, look at all those "economically productive" fruit sorters and manicurists! Praise the Lord, Gramma! We can afford to keep you around after all.
So low-skill jobs aren't productive to the economy? Agricultural workers, machine operators, drywall installers, textile workers, they're all useless leeches, right?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

So low-skill jobs aren't productive to the economy? Agricultural workers, machine operators, drywall installers, textile workers, they're all useless leeches, right?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Also, fuck, this is Japanese genocide! Why is no one concerned?
The immigrants either need to be on average younger, or able to produce a shitload more, than the native population. They are neither. And even if western nations were only to admit young, talented immigrants (they don't), there aren't enough young talented immigrants to go around. Plus, you're stripping the home countries of all their talent (cf. Pareto Principle), thus creating economic collapse and widespread suffering. Aren't Lefties supposed to be opposed to such western imperialist abuses?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

You just straw-manned my point while shifting your goal posts. I expect better from a Pitizen.

For your Ponzi scheme to work, the immigrants need to either be younger than average, or more productive than average, compared to the native population. Most US immigrants work in low-skill, low-wage jobs. They & their dependents have the same age-distribution as the native population. By bringing them in, all you've done is expand the population but done nothing to adjust the age distribution, all while lowering the overall economic strength of the nation and placing a further burden on already over-taxed resources & infrastructure.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Sunder wrote: Really think more and more that Creativity's only mistake was making an account here a year too early.

See ya around, or not.
Don't tell me you of all people did not anticipate deep rifts...

Coming_Apart.jpg
(22.96 KiB) Downloaded 256 times

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

:popcorn:

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

What the far right forget is how integrated into Britain immigrants can be. Listen to Charlie Williams accent and try to tell me he wa
s not a part of British society

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:23 pm
This has very little to do with usual pit topics, but it's a real tragicomedy, I think you might enjoy it. It's very well done. (via hackernews)

Quiet, you'll summon the Hoggle.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: For your Ponzi scheme to work, the immigrants need to either be younger than average, or more productive than average, compared to the native population. Most US immigrants work in low-skill, low-wage jobs. They & their dependents have the same age-distribution as the native population. By bringing them in, all you've done is expand the population but done nothing to adjust the age distribution, all while lowering the overall economic
Maybe you're right in terms of age distribution when it comes to the US. Immigrants to Europe seem to be definitely younger than the average age of the host country.

https://i.imgur.com/PaaJ10C.png

From here

KenD

Post by KenD »

I haven't been a subscriber for quite a while, but yesterday I had a chance to flick through a couple of recent issues of New Scientist magazine.

It’s long held a pro-feminist/social justice stance — e.g. uncritically pushing Cordelia Fine’s work as representing the “scientific consensus on sex difference” while poisoning the well against the wrong-thinking “sexist dinosaurs” of evolutionary psychology — but I didn’t realise quite how completely they’d gone full-Gender Studies…

The online versions of some of the articles I skimmed (paywalled unfortunately):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxfy908x3tjfidq/NS1.jpg?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnwnahy895pu9mp/NS2.jpg?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6r3ah9o0ty12pg/NS3.jpg?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eiiv8tiwkkqlp5m/NS4.jpg?raw=1

One thing that stood out to me was the way they present the claim that human society didn't become patriarchal until the agricultural revolution. I'm no expert on pre-historic manpeoplekind, but from what I have read I don't think the science on that is so clear cut. It's generally only in gender studies that I've seen the existence of the pre-historic egalitarian matriarchy presented as simple fact.

If “egalitarian matriarchy” sound oxymoronic, bear in mind that matriarchy is simply being defined as a cooperative and non-hierarchical society, while patriarchy is defined as inherently competitive and stratified. One of the articles argues that a company or society run by an ambitious “alpha-female” still counts as a patriarchy.

When New Scientist writers present a return to matriarchy as a solution to the world’s problems, what they’re talking about isn’t a society run by women, it’s actually a Marxist-feminist utopia with complete equality of outcome replacing meritocracy. This view shows up in a few different articles, for example arguing that male competitiveness is a cause of rape and violence that wouldn’t exist under matriarchy.

As far as I can see there's been no disagreement with any of this outside of anti-SJW Twitter and a couple of MRA blogs.

Maybe I'm just more easily triggered by this stuff than I used to be, but I don't remember New Scientist being quite so ideologically one-sided before a Guardianista became editor...

Slither

Post by Slither »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Slither wrote: .....
I'm afraid most colleges have deteriorated sharply in the last few years. One of my daughter's professors declared that correct grammar and spelling were often racist, and this was in a writing class.
:o My lord!

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Joy Reid. The SJW do not always eat their own. Sometimes any half-assed excuse and notpology will be sufficient should the transgressor both possess acceptable physical attributes and still be of sufficient use to the cause.

Short backstory: Less than friendly commentary about gays were discovered in her online writing. These writings dated from seven to ten years ago.

Normally this would be sufficient for declaration of apostasy. But Reid went on the offensive right out of the gate. I was hacked. I have evidence. My cybersecurity researcher has proven that the writings are fraudulent:
  • They were posted while I was working my other job.
  • Use punctuation and markup not found in my other writings.
  • Do not appear in the Wayback Machine and were therefore planted after the fact.
Hmm, third party investigation finds that:
  • Postings were often Regretta class -- two sentences and a large paste. Not exactly difficult for a radio talking head to squeeze out while sitting in the morning studio. Other, often lengthier postings on topics that do seem in lockstep with her political and personal views were also posted during her radio times. The hacker, anticipating this defense, researched her historical working hours and provided an obfuscating layer of plausible postings. Genius.
  • Third parties have not been able to discover the claimed look and feel mismatch. When asked to provide examples, Reid's security professional was repeatedly unable to provide examples. He finally had this to say about his lack of having details, “I thought I did,” he said “We’re kind of reevaluating as of yesterday.”
  • The problem postings are in the Wayback Machine. All the problematic postings have been found.
Crap. The moat has been breached! Defend the palisade!

Defensive position number two consisted of claiming that the Wayback Machine itself has been breached. Reid demands logs from the Internet Archive! IA comes back with, "We found nothing to indicate tampering or hacking of the Wayback Machine versions." Additionally, at least one third party website has contemporaneous references to a problematic posting.

Crap. The palisade has been breached! Defend the bailey!

My credentials were stolen! Look, my email address was included in a dump of stolen credentials from that time period. I, umm, probably used the same credentials to admin my own web site. The hacker used those credentials to post homophobic entries for three years while I was simultaneously posting my own entries, and I just never noticed. Yeah! That's it! That's the ticket! What? Why are you all looking at me like that?

Crap. The bailey was totally overrun as that defense was weak ass sauce. Defend the motte!
  • I don't remember saying any of those things.
  • But even if I did remember, I have grown and totally like those gay people now.
  • Cause see! I have several on the Please Don't Fire My Ass episode of my MSNBC show and they are all talking about Republicans who hate gays and not me!
  • I am sorry that you don't believe I was hacked.
Thus far, the motte is holding.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanbe ... c6121657dd
https://www.thedailybeast.com/claims-by ... ref=scroll

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

An interesting video commentary on Lauren Southern's "great replacement" rhetoric:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUbxVfS ... e=youtu.be

Apparently she's not very accurate in her data analysis, to say the least. :bjarte:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:58 pm
You got to hand it to Steersman, for all his faults at least he's honest enough to admit that what he wants are "population transfers". The other fans of ethno-states, when you ask how they plan to get rid of those pesky non-white people in their project of an ethno-state, simply shrug, or say "they'll fit in or fuck off".
Would you prefer mass exportations? Fit in or fuck off seems a reasonable approach, depending on what exactly you mean by it. My preferred interpretation is that anything clashing with the dominant native culture which the country is based on will not be pandered to and you are free to either be pissed off about it or fuck off. The immediate issue which is exercising people is that there are changes happening demographically and politically which are leaving native poulations as strangers in their own countries and they want it to stop before it is too late. There are population transfers happening already with the acquiessence of governments so it isn't surprising that people want to assert their ethnic and cultural identities. I think that can be done while respecting other ethnicities right to exist.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Sunder wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:26 pm
Really think more and more that Creativity's only mistake was making an account here a year too early.
See ya around, or not.
I know, I know. There are people who don't even think The Quartering is scum and horror of horrors, some people with some actual Right of centre opinions. I hope you find yourself a nice echo chamber and are very happy there. Really, I hope you do because that would add ever so slightly to the sum total of human happiness.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

KenD wrote: I haven't been a subscriber for quite a while, but yesterday I had a chance to flick through a couple of recent issues of New Scientist magazine.

It’s long held a pro-feminist/social justice stance — e.g. uncritically pushing Cordelia Fine’s work as representing the “scientific consensus on sex difference” while poisoning the well against the wrong-thinking “sexist dinosaurs” of evolutionary psychology — but I didn’t realise quite how completely they’d gone full-Gender Studies…

The online versions of some of the articles I skimmed (paywalled unfortunately):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxfy908x3tjfidq/NS1.jpg?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnwnahy895pu9mp/NS2.jpg?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6r3ah9o0ty12pg/NS3.jpg?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eiiv8tiwkkqlp5m/NS4.jpg?raw=1

One thing that stood out to me was the way they present the claim that human society didn't become patriarchal until the agricultural revolution. I'm no expert on pre-historic manpeoplekind, but from what I have read I don't think the science on that is so clear cut. It's generally only in gender studies that I've seen the existence of the pre-historic egalitarian matriarchy presented as simple fact.

If “egalitarian matriarchy” sound oxymoronic, bear in mind that matriarchy is simply being defined as a cooperative and non-hierarchical society, while patriarchy is defined as inherently competitive and stratified. One of the articles argues that a company or society run by an ambitious “alpha-female” still counts as a patriarchy.

When New Scientist writers present a return to matriarchy as a solution to the world’s problems, what they’re talking about isn’t a society run by women, it’s actually a Marxist-feminist utopia with complete equality of outcome replacing meritocracy. This view shows up in a few different articles, for example arguing that male competitiveness is a cause of rape and violence that wouldn’t exist under matriarchy.

As far as I can see there's been no disagreement with any of this outside of anti-SJW Twitter and a couple of MRA blogs.

Maybe I'm just more easily triggered by this stuff than I used to be, but I don't remember New Scientist being quite so ideologically one-sided before a Guardianista became editor...
Back in the 80's when I started college, I joined the Astronomy Club-I minored in Astronomy. Members would give presentations and one of the first that I saw was an obese woman with bad hygiene give a talk on "The Feminine Roots of Astronomy." She described an ancient matriarchal society that was near utopian. They worshiped a mother goddess and excelled at arts and science. Then men came in and killed them all. I had never heard of any of this, so I asked what her sources were, because I was skeptical but also genuinely interested if this were true. She became hostile, but finally told me a book I should read was The Chalice and the Blade. I checked it out and was not impressed with its scholarship, and thought that this bit of pseudoscience would never go anywhere. It looks like New Scientist has proven me wrong.
BTW-years later I would read another version of that presentation in one of Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars novels.

katamari Damassi

Anthropologist Marvin Harris had an interesting theory on how men became the dominant sex. It has to do with war. Tribal skirmishes were necessary to keep populations from exceeding the carrying capacity of their territories, not primarily through casualties-though that did help cull the old and sick-but by placing a premium on male births. When your weapons are spears and clubs, upper body strength can decide who lives and who dies.

katamari Damassi

HelpingHand wrote: Joy Reid. The SJW do not always eat their own. Sometimes any half-assed excuse and notpology will be sufficient should the transgressor both possess acceptable physical attributes and still be of sufficient use to the cause.

Short backstory: Less than friendly commentary about gays were discovered in her online writing. These writings dated from seven to ten years ago.

Normally this would be sufficient for declaration of apostasy. But Reid went on the offensive right out of the gate. I was hacked. I have evidence. My cybersecurity researcher has proven that the writings are fraudulent:
  • They were posted while I was working my other job.
  • Use punctuation and markup not found in my other writings.
  • Do not appear in the Wayback Machine and were therefore planted after the fact.
Hmm, third party investigation finds that:
  • Postings were often Regretta class -- two sentences and a large paste. Not exactly difficult for a radio talking head to squeeze out while sitting in the morning studio. Other, often lengthier postings on topics that do seem in lockstep with her political and personal views were also posted during her radio times. The hacker, anticipating this defense, researched her historical working hours and provided an obfuscating layer of plausible postings. Genius.
  • Third parties have not been able to discover the claimed look and feel mismatch. When asked to provide examples, Reid's security professional was repeatedly unable to provide examples. He finally had this to say about his lack of having details, “I thought I did,” he said “We’re kind of reevaluating as of yesterday.”
  • The problem postings are in the Wayback Machine. All the problematic postings have been found.
Crap. The moat has been breached! Defend the palisade!

Defensive position number two consisted of claiming that the Wayback Machine itself has been breached. Reid demands logs from the Internet Archive! IA comes back with, "We found nothing to indicate tampering or hacking of the Wayback Machine versions." Additionally, at least one third party website has contemporaneous references to a problematic posting.

Crap. The palisade has been breached! Defend the bailey!

My credentials were stolen! Look, my email address was included in a dump of stolen credentials from that time period. I, umm, probably used the same credentials to admin my own web site. The hacker used those credentials to post homophobic entries for three years while I was simultaneously posting my own entries, and I just never noticed. Yeah! That's it! That's the ticket! What? Why are you all looking at me like that?

Crap. The bailey was totally overrun as that defense was weak ass sauce. Defend the motte!
  • I don't remember saying any of those things.
  • But even if I did remember, I have grown and totally like those gay people now.
  • Cause see! I have several on the Please Don't Fire My Ass episode of my MSNBC show and they are all talking about Republicans who hate gays and not me!
  • I am sorry that you don't believe I was hacked.
Thus far, the motte is holding.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanbe ... c6121657dd
https://www.thedailybeast.com/claims-by ... ref=scroll
I had heard about this but had no idea who Joy Reid was, so I didn't really care. I get why this again shows SJW hypocrisy, but I think people should be allowed to change their views after 10 years or so.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

katamari Damassi wrote: Anthropologist Marvin Harris had an interesting theory on how men became the dominant sex. It has to do with war. Tribal skirmishes were necessary to keep populations from exceeding the carrying capacity of their territories, not primarily through casualties-though that did help cull the old and sick-but by placing a premium on male births. When your weapons are spears and clubs, upper body strength can decide who lives and who dies.
I would imagine testosterone had a big part to play.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I've been reading some of that incels.me forum. Holy shit! These guys are really fucked up. They desperately want sex but think it is awful and dirty. They wouldn't want a woman unless they are a virgin. They wouldn't think of kissing a nonvirginal woman because they can't get the thought out of their mind that some Chad has had their dick in her mouth.
Presumably they are bitter not just because of the lack of sex, after all they could remedy that by hiring hookers. They seem to want to be loved or at least want to form some kind of healthy friendship with a woman but seem to absolutely hate women. For example:
https://incels.me/threads/daily-reminde ... uth.39810/
They aren't taking new members right now so I guess I'll have to wait until the furor dies down when I can join under my nym Dr. Dirk Stacyslayer PUA PhD and give the tortured souls some dating advice (no troll). :drool:

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

katamari Damassi wrote: I had heard about this but had no idea who Joy Reid was, so I didn't really care. I get why this again shows SJW hypocrisy, but I think people should be allowed to change their views after 10 years or so.
Complete agreement. Even I have, while of course having been completely 100% right on an issue then, changed my opinion so that I can be completely 100% right now.

I usually just roll my eyes when a see cases of it's okay when we do it, but the string of excuses and fall backs on this one was truly impressive.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: For your Ponzi scheme to work, the immigrants need to either be younger than average, or more productive than average, compared to the native population. Most US immigrants work in low-skill, low-wage jobs. They & their dependents have the same age-distribution as the native population. By bringing them in, all you've done is expand the population but done nothing to adjust the age distribution, all while lowering the overall economic
Maybe you're right in terms of age distribution when it comes to the US. Immigrants to Europe seem to be definitely younger than the average age of the host country.

From here
Was there something special about 2017? Previous years look a little different:

Or maybe it's cuz, once they get in, these young immigrants bring in their families, so it's a wash wrt age-distribution. You might want to look into the long-term trends.

Now, are there any hard numbers quantifying the exact costs of supporting the senior bubble, and the exact contribution to GNP or whatever that these immigrants are providing? Remember: for this scheme to work, the average immigrant must produce more in net economic terms than the average native. I can wait while you compile the data.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

katamari Damassi wrote: Anthropologist Marvin Harris had an interesting theory on how men became the dominant sex. It has to do with war. Tribal skirmishes were necessary to keep populations from exceeding the carrying capacity of their territories, not primarily through casualties-though that did help cull the old and sick-but by placing a premium on male births. When your weapons are spears and clubs, upper body strength can decide who lives and who dies.
Got a link? Cuz that sounds like

Complete Nonsense

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/28/busi ... women.html

*giggles hysterically* As someone who may be watching this shitshow from the inside, the boots on the ground perspective may be slightly different.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

katamari Damassi wrote: Back in the 80's when I started college, I joined the Astronomy Club-I minored in Astronomy. Members would give presentations and one of the first that I saw was an obese woman with bad hygiene give a talk on "The Feminine Roots of Astronomy." She described an ancient matriarchal society that was near utopian. They worshiped a mother goddess and excelled at arts and science. Then men came in and killed them all. I had never heard of any of this, so I asked what her sources were, because I was skeptical but also genuinely interested if this were true. She became hostile, but finally told me a book I should read was The Chalice and the Blade. I checked it out and was not impressed with its scholarship, and thought that this bit of pseudoscience would never go anywhere. It looks like New Scientist has proven me wrong.
BTW-years later I would read another version of that presentation in one of Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars novels.
The Chalice and the Blade was written by a mentally ill person for mentally ill readers. It's mostly just shit she pulled out of her ass while looking at photos of archeological sites.

If you want similar fucking bat shit crazy ramblings by certifiable wymmyn writers, try The Tao of Equus or Mutant Message Down Under.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

free thoughtpolice wrote: I've been reading some of that incels.me forum. Holy shit! These guys are really fucked up. They desperately want sex but think it is awful and dirty. They wouldn't want a woman unless they are a virgin. They wouldn't think of kissing a nonvirginal woman because they can't get the thought out of their mind that some Chad has had their dick in her mouth.
Presumably they are bitter not just because of the lack of sex, after all they could remedy that by hiring hookers. They seem to want to be loved or at least want to form some kind of healthy friendship with a woman but seem to absolutely hate women. For example:
They aren't taking new members right now so I guess I'll have to wait until the furor dies down when I can join under my nym Dr. Dirk Stacyslayer PUA PhD and give the tortured souls some dating advice (no troll). :drool:
Many forums have the odd troll, but that is the first forum that looks like every post in every thread is a troll, except they agree with each other.
Even the late Atheism Plus forum didn't quite manage that, though it got close.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

free thoughtpolice wrote: I've been reading some of that incels.me forum. Holy shit! These guys are really fucked up. They desperately want sex but think it is awful and dirty. They wouldn't want a woman unless they are a virgin. They wouldn't think of kissing a nonvirginal woman because they can't get the thought out of their mind that some Chad has had their dick in her mouth.
Troll the living fuck out of them. I read just a bit and wept for all humanity. Oh, and say 'hi' to Clarence.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

From here

Just thought I'd make my contribution to the debate.
1830499.main_image.jpg
(102.87 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
You may now return to your scheduled programming.

Sorry, in a silly mood, the graph shapes sorta reminded me of something.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

I've been aware of this subculture for a long time. It's as bad as you say, but I feel a lot of these guys are just in a self-reinforcing self-radicalising group due to desperation.
I've yet to see any evidence that the killer dude actually had anything to do with them. Seeing it used A LOT to attack general MRA talking points.