There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
d4m10n

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by d4m10n »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 4:39 pm
I'm on the road quite a bit now and listening to lots of podcasts. Can anyone recommend a non-SJW one that isn't right wing? For example: no Steve Crowder. I've been trying out Reason magazine's podcast, and it's ok, but too dogmatic libertarian for me.
Assuming you mean political podcasts in particular, since you put in those two constraints:
  • What Trump Can Teach Us About Con Law
  • Radiolab Presents More Perfect (Con Law)
  • FiveThirtyEight Politics Podcast
  • Trump, Inc. (investigative journalism, business side)
  • Deep State Radio (foreign policy)
  • FP Editor’s Roundtable (foreign policy)
  • Slate Podcasts (most of them)
On the off chance that you didn’t mean political content:
  • Very Bad Wizards (philosophy and psychology)
  • The Bayesian Conspiracy (rationalism, non-fiction)
  • Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality (rationalism, fiction)
  • The Grift (non-fiction, bookish)
  • Crimetown (documentary style)
  • Science Vs. (pop-skepticism)
  • Gimlet Podcasts (most of them)
I spend at least an 1½ hours on the road every day; most of these ones update regularly.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Oh, balls. Apologies for the 2x.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

katamari Damassi wrote: podcast
99% invisible
Twenty Thousand Hertz
The Moth

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

DrokkIt wrote:
I think it's possibly because enormous tombstone-slabs of text reiterating the same axiomatic points .....
You mean like this?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I think he meant this:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

My version has the advantage of not invoking the corporal punishment that Islamist immigrants wish to impose on the skippies.

You really need to think before you post these days.

free thoughtpolice

You talkin' to me?

btw, Why do muslims have it in for Arctic Bonitas?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Brive1987 wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
I think it's possibly because enormous tombstone-slabs of text reiterating the same axiomatic points .....
You mean like this?

No, oddly enough. Not quite what I meant.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Woo! I’m down a senator. This case surprised me as it sets the bar for eligibility really high. The Australian constitution requires you to not be under the influence of a foreign power at the time you nominate for parliament. Katy Gallagher did all the paper work before nominating, but hadn’t received a response from the British government confirming she was no longer British.

She was a mediocre chief minister, and an SJW leaning senator, so I’m not really crying over it.

free thoughtpolice

I don't know what's haram about this, other than they are definitely a lower quality fish the albacore and their other cousins.
Maybe Mohammad had a problem with fish that had a somewhat mushy texture and a bland taste.
skippie.PNG
(151.09 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
They also have had a substandard performance on my barbie.
:drool:

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Keating wrote: The Australian constitution requires you to not be under the influence of a foreign power at the time you nominate for parliament.
I wish the US constitution had a clause like that.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Australian budget came down last night. Another 4 years of record 190K immigration. Forecasts of continued very high fake GDP growth and wages magically growing at twice current rate. And tax cuts which will take 7 years and another 3 elections to land fully. I worked for our (now) treasurer when we were younger. He was a cunt then. And nothing has changed.

Keating

Post by Keating »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Keating wrote: The Australian constitution requires you to not be under the influence of a foreign power at the time you nominate for parliament.
I wish the US constitution had a clause like that.
Ironically the one part of the Constitution that is slightly likely to be voted on being removed. Sadly it doesn’t stop politicians selling out Australia for money. It’s really only become a political issue since Australia allowed dual citizenship in 2001. A seriously backward idea in my opinion for many of the reasons Brive would agree with.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote: Australian budget came down last night. Another 4 years of record 190K immigration. Forecasts of continued very high fake GDP growth and wages magically growing at twice current rate. And tax cuts which will take 7 years and another 3 elections to land fully. I worked for our (now) treasurer when we were younger. He was a cunt then. And nothing has changed.
I’m disappointed in you not smothering him with a pillow when you had the chance.

Keating

Post by Keating »

At least there will be 200 fewer doctors.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Thanks for the podcast suggestions everyone. A few of those are known to me-The Moth, HP Lovecraft Literary Podcast, but some of the others I'll have to check out.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Immigration is gon fuck Australia.

I assume people are now moving there to fuck there up too.... which means we get fucked further down the track.

Gghgnngnnn.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

rayshul wrote: Immigration is gon fuck Australia.

I assume people are now moving there to fuck there up too.... which means we get fucked further down the track.

Gghgnngnnn.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kvBIN_RS-2w/U ... MeanWe.jpg

Keating

Post by Keating »

Nothing worse than Kiwis in Oz.

Keating

Post by Keating »

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

katamari Damassi wrote: Thanks for the podcast suggestions everyone. A few of those are known to me-The Moth, HP Lovecraft Literary Podcast, but some of the others I'll have to check out.
Oh, also, the Beef and Dairy Network Podcast. "The number one podcast for those involved or just interested in the production of beef animals and dairy herds."

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

If we are still talking about podcasts (and other things to listen to)... there are a lot of Yale Courses at Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/user/YaleCourses/playlists

You can rip the audio for a lot of them and not be missing too much (especially for history).

You can do the same for lot of interview / panel discussions - eg 'The Film Archives' has a lot of content (some over 3 hours long)

https://www.youtube.com/user/thefilmarchives/videos

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Does anyone really think that Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson are not right enough?

Well yes - there are people that think that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQi8EH38K2s

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote: Nothing worse than Kiwis in Oz.
Dole bludging Bondi beach bum bastards the lot of them.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Anyone fancy some British asylum seekers anytime soon? ... Our 'conservative' government is going all out Orwellian. :?
Even someone whose words or material were judged as hateful, but were not considered to have threatened life or reached a big audience, is likely to be punished with a year in jail.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -jail.html

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

MarcusAu wrote: Does anyone really think that Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson are not right enough?

Due to the ease of bashing the regressive left, people seem to have missed that the alt-right are currently deep in a purity-spiral cycle of their own. With predictable results.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

If anyone doesn't know who Berndan O'Neill is he's a left leaning British Journalist. Editor of Spiked Online, former columnist for The Spectator, a former communist, a Brexiteer and a regular political pundit on SKY TV.

He was invited to talk at Oxford University yesterday with predictable results.

:doh:
https://i.imgur.com/qb88dm0.png

:lol:
https://i.imgur.com/yK4iu1L.png

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

DrokkIt wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Does anyone really think that Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson are not right enough?

Due to the ease of bashing the regressive left, people seem to have missed that the alt-right are currently deep in a purity-spiral cycle of their own. With predictable results.

Of course.

Also Vox Day is an absolute lolcow who tries to blame EVERYTHING on feminism, just like the SocJus fans blame EVERYTHING on "toxic masculinity" or "white supremacy".

Reality is far more complex than what clickbait bloggers assume.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

shoutinghorse wrote: If anyone doesn't know who Berndan O'Neill is he's a left leaning British Journalist. Editor of Spiked Online, former columnist for The Spectator, a former communist, a Brexiteer and a regular political pundit on SKY TV.

He was invited to talk at Oxford University yesterday with predictable results.

:doh:
https://i.imgur.com/qb88dm0.png

:lol:
https://i.imgur.com/yK4iu1L.png
Are the students at Oxford who say 'Hate Speech Kills' the same Oxford students who wrote 'Throw the Tories in the sea' on a picture of Theresa May?

I imagine they would be the first to volunteer to fly the helicopters over the North Sea so that people could be disappeared.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

shoutinghorse wrote: Anyone fancy some British asylum seekers anytime soon? ... Our 'conservative' government is going all out Orwellian. :?
Even someone whose words or material were judged as hateful, but were not considered to have threatened life or reached a big audience, is likely to be punished with a year in jail.
Each time I think the UK government can't get any crazier...

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

In Blighty, there is currently a long-winded plan afoot, fronted by Labour Deputy Leader Tom Watson (who is backed financially by Max "Nazi" Mosley), to introduce an amendment to the Data Protection Bill. It is essentially an attempt to reign in the press from reporting on stuff they don't like (under the guise of "privacy"). Amazingly, they are trying to make it so that publishers would be liable to pay court costs whether they won or lost any action against them! Even more amazingly, Watson and his cohorts want to exempt the Guardian from this punitive and draconian notion! You couldn't make this shit up. https://uploads.guim.co.uk/2018/05/08/G ... _c_(1).pdf

Anyway, sensing that the optics would look bad, the Guardian have come out and opposed this amendment.

We all know what the game is here. They want to shut up the likes of "right wing" newspapers like The Sun and The Mail, who exposed Max and his "Nazi Party" orgy. There are valid criticisms of various newspapers and their hacking into phones, but that can be dealt with without trying to introduce these dodgy measures.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

shoutinghorse wrote: If anyone doesn't know who Berndan O'Neill is he's a left leaning British Journalist. Editor of Spiked Online, former columnist for The Spectator, a former communist, a Brexiteer and a regular political pundit on SKY TV.
Well he sounds like an anarchist/libertarian now. Which isn't all that surprising, as both marxism and libertarianism are completely fucking idiotic, extremist ideologies totally out of touch with human nature, and essentially interchangeable for irrational, unstable types who need to inflict their inner turmoil on the rest of the world via extremism.*

But he should definitely be allowed to speak and then have his completely fucking idiotic ideas shot down like a Fairey Battle over France in May 1940.

* cf. Dan Arel.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D

Post by John D »

Lsuoma wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: Anyone fancy some British asylum seekers anytime soon? ... Our 'conservative' government is going all out Orwellian. :?
Each time I think the UK government can't get any crazier...
Holy Fucking Shit.

One of the guidelines is this:
The guidelines gave a number of reasons why courts should not impose custodial sentences to a teenager guilty of threatening someone with a knife, including an ‘unstable upbringing’ that may have involved numerous care placements, exposure to drug and alcohol abuse, victim of neglect and/or abuse, and ‘exposure to familial criminal behaviour’.

Also under 2016 guidelines, muggers may escape prison if the robbery is found to have done no harm and was carried out with only ‘minimal force’.
Haha... if your daddy is a criminal then you get to be one too.... no risk of any real punishment.

This is the kind of leniency that helped lead to the skyrocketing crime rate in the US. There were many factors that led to crime rising in the 70s to the 90s, but clearly, the idea that criminals were not guilty so much as they were victims of their environment, was a big influence.

Most social issues can be enjoyed by watching classic Broadway Musicals. Punks with knives. Young men building their social status through violence. Ineffectiveness of the police, criminal justice, and welfare systems. This wonderful clip from one of the best musical ever created will do the trick. Please enjoy....

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

That's in Queens, right? Please tell me you have the time to pick it up and use it as kindling. The world will be better off with one less of these in it.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

It's the 2017 edition. Out of date! Think of all the Current Year genders it fails to inclusify.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

CommanderTuvok wrote: In Blighty, there is currently a long-winded plan afoot, fronted by Labour Deputy Leader Tom Watson (who is backed financially by Max "Nazi" Mosley), to introduce an amendment to the Data Protection Bill. It is essentially an attempt to reign in the press from reporting on stuff they don't like (under the guise of "privacy"). Amazingly, they are trying to make it so that publishers would be liable to pay court costs whether they won or lost any action against them! Even more amazingly, Watson and his cohorts want to exempt the Guardian from this punitive and draconian notion! You couldn't make this shit up. https://uploads.guim.co.uk/2018/05/08/G ... _c_(1).pdf

Anyway, sensing that the optics would look bad, the Guardian have come out and opposed this amendment.

We all know what the game is here. They want to shut up the likes of "right wing" newspapers like The Sun and The Mail, who exposed Max and his "Nazi Party" orgy. There are valid criticisms of various newspapers and their hacking into phones, but that can be dealt with without trying to introduce these dodgy measures.
yeah cos we don't want any of those Murdoch rags doing some real journalism now do we, people wight just learn how disgustingly corrupt we are.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

I fear that Meyers's next book may not go down even as "well" as his first, judging by the lack of interest shown by what should be his core group of supporters, The Herd:
https://i.imgur.com/w5n9VWC.png

For comparison, check out the comment numbers on a piece posted a day later about gophers destroying lawns:
https://i.imgur.com/dBKX7sc.png

ConcentratedH2O, OM

BTW, that top image is comments on his piece about beginning his sabbatical to write the book.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: I fear that Meyers's next book may not go down even as "well" as his first, judging by the lack of interest shown by what should be his core group of supporters, The Herd:
https://i.imgur.com/w5n9VWC.png

For comparison, check out the comment numbers on a piece posted a day later about gophers destroying lawns:
https://i.imgur.com/dBKX7sc.png
I don't blame the Horde. A bunch of gophers destroying lawns are likely to be more interesting than PZ' new book.

free thoughtpolice

The metoo movement strikes hard at Canada's left of left wing:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/ndp- ... -1.4654579
A female socialist overpowers and rapes a brave Canadian soldier, giving him worse PTSD then when his buddies got killed.

free thoughtpolice

For kd and anyone else that wants to listen to a cool new podcast:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/qui ... 1380836847

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

You are one sadistic bear.

free thoughtpolice

:drool: Take this you normies!

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

free thoughtpolice wrote: :drool: Take this you normies!
Anyone up for trying to get Incels under the LGBT banner? Imagine the hilarious twitter account we could make...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

DrokkIt wrote: Anyone up for trying to get Incels under the LGBT banner? Imagine the hilarious twitter account we could make...

https://i.imgur.com/vjwdqJ0.png

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

shoutinghorse wrote:
DrokkIt wrote: Anyone up for trying to get Incels under the LGBT banner? Imagine the hilarious twitter account we could make...

That's true, the funniest twitter account imaginable already exists.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

This is 100% accurate :|

https://i.imgur.com/r8ElwEJ.png

ConcentratedH2O, OM

DrokkIt wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

That's true, the funniest twitter account imaginable already exists.
@carona twitter account is inactive since 2009, wonder if they would be willing to give it up...

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote: :drool: Take this you normies!
Jesus... have we reached peak SJW yet? Deciding you don't want to have sex is not a gender expression. My daughter tried to explain to me that her friend "D" is actually asexual. And I said: "Well, then why does he date men? Doesn't this make him gay?" and she says: "But he doesn't really like sex that much." and I said: "Yea.... he is a gay guy that doesn't like sex that much.... this isn't a fucking gender." Damn. He is a gay guy who doesn't like sticking his dick in someone's ass... cool.... I don't like anal sex either. WTF?!

It is entertain to watch. This little fairy on this video just wants to try to shame anyone who is not on board with his idiosyncratic behaviors. He thinks his eccentricities make him better than everyone else... not just unique. This is what us "normal" people are annoyed by.

I know tons of gays. Friends and neighbors and co-workers and family. I get along great with all of them unless they sink into their self-righteous mode. Jesus... the gays are mean a junk yard dogs when they get all self-righteous. I remember how often my gay nephew would make Facebook posts picking on fat people. Real nasty shit. Of course, it didn't matter to him that his "favorite Aunt" was pretty damn fat herself. This really pushed my wife and I to become distant from this nephew. It was obvious to her that he was judging her behind her back... everything was fine and good until her back was turned.

Things got even worse when he found out I didn't vote for Hillary. Trump is probably going to do more to normalize gays than Hillary ever could. But, my nephew doesn't want to be considered normal. That is at the heart of his politics. He doesn't think he is normal. He is not some unsophisticated fat slob. Oh no. He is fucking special.

I do think that most of the world is getting tired of the LGBTQXYZ stuff. Everyone I know thinks it is becoming silly... including the ones that are LGBTQXYZ.

free thoughtpolice

Ffs John. The guy isn't gay, he's gender fluid!

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Ffs John. The guy isn't gay, he's gender fluid!
I didn't call him gay.... I called him a "fairy"... which is exactly what he is in my book. In the good old days this dood was a fairy. FAIRY = A flamboyant feminine acting biological male who will stick his dick in anything that can't run away.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

The premise being with so many of the LGBQTIA non-sexual, gender-fluid etc is that we should actually care about their levels of attraction to whatever. I think the general consensus is that we really don't. Fuck a hornet's nest for all I care, just keep it to yourself. And I'm sure the hornets will let you know if they don't consent.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Apparently someone spotted PZ’s potential at an early age.
There was one faculty member who literally hated me, who would hiss at me in the hallways and once hauled me into his office on a whim so he could tell me to get out of science, that it was his personal goal to destroy any career I might have and prevent my graduation. Less coarse-souled people than I might have been wrecked by that.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Icymi :bjarte:

Watson thinks recording her crap sessions is SGU style science podcasting.

Any money on how long the weekly interview schedule lasts?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987 wrote: Icymi :bjarte:

Watson thinks recording her crap sessions is SGU style science podcasting.

Any money on how long the weekly interview schedule lasts?

Erm ... A week? :shock:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote: Apparently someone spotted PZ’s potential at an early age.
There was one faculty member who literally hated me, who would hiss at me in the hallways and once hauled me into his office on a whim so he could tell me to get out of science, that it was his personal goal to destroy any career I might have and prevent my graduation. Less coarse-souled people than I might have been wrecked by that.
He expects people to believe that. I suppose if the horde bought Caine's conversion to Injun, one might think they would buy nearly any ideologically correct lie.