There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
John D

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by John D »

d4m10n wrote:
John D wrote:
comhcinc wrote: Jordan Peterson...Meh. He has some good points, he has some bad points. Mostly he seems about selling himself, which he has figured out to do very well. Make sure you buy his book, take his personality test, and support him on patreon.
and clean your room!
Has J.B. Peterson said anything which is both noteworthy and true? At this point, I don't even care if he cribbed it.
I am not in the business of "selling" Peterson to anyone. I happen to find him fascinating and truly helpful in my life.... so... sue me. I think of him as a kind of secular minister that provides me with inspirational sermons. Each to their own. I am a full-blown fan boy... haha. I can understand if he doesn't move you in any way.... and I am happy to leave it at that.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: A World War II diet huh?

[im]http://guideimg.alibaba.com/images/shop ... 592429.jpg[/im]
If you're after a quick mouthful, I hear that a certain peer reviewed dude is the host with the most...

https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-c ... ils-21.jpg

Bon Appétit ;)

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

d4m10n wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 4:02 pm
John D wrote:
comhcinc wrote: Jordan Peterson...Meh. He has some good points, he has some bad points. Mostly he seems about selling himself, which he has figured out to do very well. Make sure you buy his book, take his personality test, and support him on patreon.
and clean your room!
Has J.B. Peterson said anything which is both noteworthy and true? At this point, I don't even care if he cribbed it.
I believe the appeal comes more the refreshing nature of his advice and his admittedly bold stance against SJWs and their ilk. He's peddling old stuff, but it appeals because the new stuff is crap. People need direction, and if it's between the far left, far right, or Peterson, I'll be happy if it's Peterson. And right now he has virtually no competition. Weird times right now, and people look for stability. I like (tho don't necessarily agree with) his mythic storytelling stuff. Besides, you can't go too wrong in taking personal responsibility and cleaning your room.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I find it difficult to believe healthy eating is more expensive than unhealthy eating. How much of that is related to the calories vs what you actually need to eat. Like sure a cheap ass burger is 4000 calories and costs you $5 and a healthy dinner is 400 bucks and also costs you $5... but is that like, the standard you should be measuring shit by? Because burger guy is also going to want breakfast and lunch.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:30 am

Oh how vibrant we are in thought. “Hate speech”. :bjarte:

Bear, you been moonlighting?
Yup. That was me that got her tossed off patreon. She needs to marry a real white man instead of that mud person she's been seeing, forget her "career" and start pumping out white babies. If she needs money her husband will provide it for her. She's almost 30 already, time to start a litter.
I do have some misgivings about how white she is though so it would be a good thing to give her a DNA test before she is allowed to breed.
There must be a reason she is so afraid of doxing. During a piss up session with some of her fellow "journalists" :lol: she is apparently almost brought to tears when asked why her mystery man doesn't marry her. As a good Catholic girl she has stated that she won't put out until marriage, and as such obviously won't bear any crotchfruit.
http://www.canadalandshow.com/rebel-med ... isemitism/
Reading the transcript, it looks like even with the wine, Goldy was trying to put oil on a choppy sea without overt hostility to a drunk workmate she disagreed with.

It also sounds like Goldy is trying her best to get hitched and that criticism should be directed to whoever is playing her along.

But speaking of the pedestal of actual mainstream journalism ...

There I was. Sad and alone in my bear inspired nazi self loathing. And I’ll be damned if the morning paper isn’t sprouting alt-right isms in a wholly unironic fashion.

It appears “we” have accidentally broken Fairfield. Hate it when that happens.

http://i.imgur.com/RLXo0pn.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Foley is the labor opposition leader in NSW. If anyone is in any doubt re the caliber of our public decision makers, consider this craven attempt to put down leftist smoke to cover his tracks.
Luke Foley told The Daily Telegraph "many Anglo families" are relocating from suburbs such as Fairfield because they lack the education resources and employment opportunities to support huge numbers of refugees.

The Labor leader says "white flight" is an academic term.

"It's an identifiable phenomenon in many western cities that reflects the changing cultural mix of many suburbs," Mr Foley told ABC radio on Thursday when defending his comments.

"This is a class issue more than a race issue."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clearly not a cultural issue.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

rayshul wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 9:17 pm
I find it difficult to believe healthy eating is more expensive than unhealthy eating. How much of that is related to the calories vs what you actually need to eat. Like sure a cheap ass burger is 4000 calories and costs you $5 and a healthy dinner is 400 bucks and also costs you $5... but is that like, the standard you should be measuring shit by? Because burger guy is also going to want breakfast and lunch.
Carbs are very cheap, especially when those carbs are

+ high fructose corn syrup
+ processed sugars
+ processed wheat
+ pasta

But carbs are unhealthy and don't fill you up.

You might be able to put together a healthy meal on $5 but if you want

+ good proteins
+ good fats
+ diverse meals

at those prices you'll need

+ refrigeration
+ ability to buy in bulk
+ ability to make and bring lunch

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

rayshul wrote: I find it difficult to believe healthy eating is more expensive than unhealthy eating. How much of that is related to the calories vs what you actually need to eat. Like sure a cheap ass burger is 4000 calories and costs you $5 and a healthy dinner is 400 bucks and also costs you $5... but is that like, the standard you should be measuring shit by? Because burger guy is also going to want breakfast and lunch.
I buy/prepare 90% of the food/drink I consume. Healthy or garbage, it's easy to stock the shelves for the same cash. Certain items are slightly more expensive where I live but if I shop around, I can get a weeks worth of healthy food and drink with next to no effort. Then again, according to the long-haired general, I'm like a robot (a creature of strict routine) and my eating habits are terrible!

Example - roughly 95% of the morning meals I've eaten this year have been a bowl of muesli, a glass of fruit juice (not concentrate, real fruit juice) and a couple of slices of toast with a spread of some description. Bland? Sure, maybe, but it's quick, easy, fills a hole and generates very little mess. Lunch is always a "marching meal" (something you don't need to cook or heat up) like a sandwich or fruit etc. Evening meal is whatever evil concoction has been festering in the slow cooker or something I rescued from the local butchers with two veg 'n' gravy.

I'm a basic bloke but I'm fit as a fiddle and other than the rubble that is my back and legs, I have zero health issues.

On the odd occasion that the tyrant in tube tops hits the kitchen, it's always a puzzling affair - spices, seasonings, fucking garnish! What the fuck? It's fuel, not a modern art installation!

Bloody hell...

(sorry, drifted off topic there)

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-stati ... ality=auto

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

A lot of children in Britain are obese and fizzy sugar-laden drinks are blamed as part of the problem.

But doesn't a can of Diet Cola cost just the same as a can of sugar-laden Cola?

And why do the Left say food-bank usage in Britain is skyhigh when it is obesity that is correlated with poverty?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Yeah, I agree carbs are cheap n' easy. That also is why I don't believe the whole unhealthy-food-is-more-expensive-based-on-calories.

Veggies for a week for a family should cost about $30-$40. Meat is more expensive, obviously. But canned tomatoes, lentils, rice and flour... from which you can use as a base to do a whole insane range of foods... pizzas, curries, stews... I just can't believe it's cheaper to go with unhealthy food. Porridge is a great breakfast and you can buy a giant bag of oats for what, $3? I used to eat porridge for dinner for ages. If you're drinking water from the tap... like... seriously!

I admit my family spend shitloads on stupidfoods like posh bread and cheeses and about $100 a week for expensive blended juices. And yeah those are possibly "healthy" but they're totally nice to haves.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

rayshul wrote: I used to eat porridge for dinner for ages.
I see you have a bit of Scots in you...[punch line redacted] ;)

(I can't help myself, I must shit-post, it's a sickness!)

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I wonder what they consider ramen. Is that unhealthy or healthy?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Bhurzum wrote:
rayshul wrote: I used to eat porridge for dinner for ages.
I see you have a bit of Scots in you...[punch line redacted] ;)

(I can't help myself, I must shit-post, it's a sickness!)
hahahha.

I usually eat it for lunch at work, 'cos it's quick and easy.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

rayshul wrote: I usually eat it for lunch at work, 'cos it's quick and easy.
Just like me...

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2YSENUDJ ... /giphy.gif

Keating

Post by Keating »

I think it's the time thing more than anything. I'm quite happy to spend 2 hours making fresh gnocchi or tortellini, rather than buy pre-prepared shit. This does limit my time in the evenings, but I put on a podcast and find it a relaxing experience.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

rayshul wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 10:15 pm
Porridge is a great breakfast and you can buy a giant bag of oats for what, $3? I used to eat porridge for dinner for ages. If you're drinking water from the tap... like... seriously!

I admit my family spend shitloads on stupidfoods like posh bread and cheeses and about $100 a week for expensive blended juices. And yeah those are possibly "healthy" but they're totally nice to haves.
My cheap breakfasts are eggs or oatmeal, and that is pretty cheap, but add any meat to that....

Cheese is pretty pricey stuff, even for the block of cheap "cheddar" (deliberately placed in scare quotes).

It's easier for a family to eat cheap than for a single person, in part because it's easier to buy larger amounts of food and so get a break on volume. And also because if I buy the cheap stew meat, it means stew for a week and not stew for one or two nights.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

It seems in this place that the message is not always successfully transmitted.

That said, I can eat 50 eggs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAkzEusQLBw

Though not without some side effects...
https://science.howstuffworks.com/scien ... d-luke.htm

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Be happy to try an experiment with people on food $$ and budgeting health vs non healthy.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

rayshul wrote: Be happy to try an experiment with people on food $$ and budgeting health vs non healthy.
I can certainly mine up some numbers/food-loads if it'll help. I'll not actually be buying the stuff though, inflexible routine and all that jazz. Also, in the interests of wider data sets, I could trawl the larger online grocery outlets for additional numbers.

Just say the word and I'll get busy.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Apparently women are different to men

http://quillette.com/2018/05/24/cant-woman-like-man/

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Bhurzum wrote:
rayshul wrote: Be happy to try an experiment with people on food $$ and budgeting health vs non healthy.
I can certainly mine up some numbers/food-loads if it'll help. I'll not actually be buying the stuff though, inflexible routine and all that jazz. Also, in the interests of wider data sets, I could trawl the larger online grocery outlets for additional numbers.

Just say the word and I'll get busy.
Your inflexible routine sounds like a good data point tbh

Maybe if everyone kept track of $$ of what they ate

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

rayshul wrote: Your inflexible routine sounds like a good data point tbh

Maybe if everyone kept track of $$ of what they ate
Roger that. Will retain receipts from next weeks ration-run. Data to follow.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Before I become completely un-wound perhaps we should have a new thread for this.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: Before I become completely un-wound perhaps we should have a new thread for this.
https://media.tenor.com/images/98b55371 ... /tenor.gif

We could call it "rayshul's ration roundup" :D

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

This would be hiliarious. If it wasn’t so tragic.

NSW Labor opposition leader Luke Foley is fucked for uttering the words “white flight” to describe ...... white flight.

Parliament exploded as pollies saw a red haze:
At times it seemed as though every single Labor MP was screaming, while the government benches were not much better. The deputy speaker Thomas George bemoaned the appalling behaviour.
And a visibly angry Premier, herself the daughter of Armenia immigrants, declared she was so disgusted, that she could not bare to cast her eyes towards the Opposition benches.
Meanwhile, a stony-faced Foley sat with his head down. For now, he could not salvage the dire situation.

Predictably the Lib-tards won and Foley donned his hair-shirt. We are well and truely rooted.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Meanwhile in darkest Africa.

http://i.imgur.com/y2OzNpU.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Before I become completely un-wound perhaps we should have a new thread for this.
https://media.tenor.com/images/98b55371 ... /tenor.gif

We could call it "rayshul's ration roundup" :D
Sorry - did not mean to needle you.

Top tip - remember that the calories in shortbread don't count if not taken orally.

@rayshul - please let us know where we can send the stool samples to.

feathers

Post by feathers »

screwtape wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 3:13 pm
It's amazing what was possible on the restricted diet, and of course people got healthier as they were forced to eat healthy foods given the less healthy were mostly on ration. Two recommendations for those interested:
- search YouTube for episodes of 'The Wartime Kitchen and Garden' to get a hint of the kind of tricks people used to stretch the ration
- the best book I have ever read on the subject is The Taste of War by Lizzie Collingham, which goes into the various ways in which different countries handled food shortages in WW2, what worked, what didn't and so on. It sounds a bit boring, but it's really very interesting.
Here's my contribution from the illustrated Dutch Hunger Winter Cookbook ('44-'45 ed.):

http://www.meaflora.nl/media/catalog/pr ... 28_4_3.jpg

http://www.21bis.be/wp-content/uploads/ ... hoenen.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Quick not about healthy versus unhealthy food. Those terms are somewhat flexible. Burzum's breakfast for example would be fine for most people but if your body is insulin resistance, like mine, it's very unhealthy.

It appears it's less about calories (but there is a point where too many calories become a thing) and more sugars/carbs. To use Bhurzum again as an example, it sounds like his body handles insulin very well. Means he can load on carbs and things keep working as normal. I on the other hand, have a very insulin resistance body. I eat a small amount of carbs and my body just goes to shit.

Horse man call this stuff a fad diet yesterday and he wasn't wrong. That's what it is for many people and like most fad diets it does work in the short term and then people move on when it becomes boring.

This isn't what it is for me. I really like the fact that I have dropped 30 or so pounds. I like the fact I can find pants that fit at Wal-mart again. At the end of the day that's not why I am doing it. I doing it for my kids. My father died when he was 50 and I was 20. I was lucky in that for all her faults my mother does love me and was around to at least lend emotional support. I'm 38. My ex is a fucking flake and has disappeared from our children's lives. I need to be around for these kids. So again this isn't a diet to me. This is a way of living.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

The main reason I don’t do any housework is that I'm watching a Jordan Peterson video on youtube. The man is a bloody hypocrite !

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Brive1987 wrote: Meanwhile in darkest Africa.

http://i.imgur.com/y2OzNpU.jpg
holy shit

south africa is so amazingly fucked

please tell me its only the tards that can get into politics in sa... otherwise this is going to be the world's biggest shitshow

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

This is a fascinating study out of Israel regarding gut bacteria and the capacity for two people to eat exactly the same foods but with different results.

Haven't looked at the papers yet, but it seems to be another angle.

dinkum

Post by dinkum »

rayshul wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Meanwhile in darkest Africa.
holy shit

south africa is so amazingly fucked

please tell me its only the tards that can get into politics in sa... otherwise this is going to be the world's biggest shitshow
I'd remark on how common this exact mentality is among American city dwellers, but then I'd have to start drinking way too early in the day.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

KiwiInOz wrote: This is a fascinating study out of Israel regarding gut bacteria and the capacity for two people to eat exactly the same foods but with different results.

Surely this could be resolved by a fecal transplant?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

feathers wrote: Here's my contribution from the illustrated Dutch Hunger Winter Cookbook ('44-'45 ed.):

http://www.meaflora.nl/media/catalog/pr ... 28_4_3.jpg
Just as well the Great Tulip Bubble was over by then!
I suspect the problem of obesity among those on small incomes is exacerbated by the crops big agribusiness chooses to grow, compounded by the inability and lack of interest in cooking at home. Prepared foods tend to be high in carbs and fats, and have enough MSG, sugar and salt to dull tastebuds to the extent that other things don't taste as intense or as satisfying. In effect, people become 'addicted' to that kind of taste intensity. The foods you eat as a child tend to be the foods you choose as an adult, so if you grow up eating high salt and sugary foods, and without parents who model eating vegetables you're sunk. But in a family with both adults (if there are two adults!) working, who has time to cook from basic ingredients? It doesn't have to be expensive, but it does take time. For example, I finished off a 1.5lb bag of frozen haddock fillets yesterday, making 18 fishcakes that will make three meals for two. In the last three weeks it made a fish curry that fed two adults for three nights, and a fish pie that lasted two nights. Cost less than the vegetables and salad stuff that went alongside it. Perhaps I should dig up the tulip bulbs and cook them - I don't see the flowers as the bloody deer eat the lot.

John D

Post by John D »

screwtape wrote:
feathers wrote: Here's my contribution from the illustrated Dutch Hunger Winter Cookbook ('44-'45 ed.):

Just as well the Great Tulip Bubble was over by then!
I suspect the problem of obesity among those on small incomes is exacerbated by the crops big agribusiness chooses to grow, compounded by the inability and lack of interest in cooking at home. Prepared foods tend to be high in carbs and fats, and have enough MSG, sugar and salt to dull tastebuds to the extent that other things don't taste as intense or as satisfying. In effect, people become 'addicted' to that kind of taste intensity. The foods you eat as a child tend to be the foods you choose as an adult, so if you grow up eating high salt and sugary foods, and without parents who model eating vegetables you're sunk. But in a family with both adults (if there are two adults!) working, who has time to cook from basic ingredients? It doesn't have to be expensive, but it does take time. For example, I finished off a 1.5lb bag of frozen haddock fillets yesterday, making 18 fishcakes that will make three meals for two. In the last three weeks it made a fish curry that fed two adults for three nights, and a fish pie that lasted two nights. Cost less than the vegetables and salad stuff that went alongside it. Perhaps I should dig up the tulip bulbs and cook them - I don't see the flowers as the bloody deer eat the lot.
Fucking deer. We have a giant troop of the bastards... my wife counted 9 the other day. They walk around the neighborhood all night just waiting for a flower to pop open... and... wham! They eat the top off. My giant star gazer lilies were perfect last year... for two days... and they ate about 40 flowers. My neighbor uses Irish Spring soap that he hangs around his garden, and it works at keeping the deer away. My brother regularly pisses all over his flowers, and my sister hires a company to spray canine piss all over her yard. Haha.

I agree that our "normal" diet is a kind of super stimulus that we get hooked on. Once I started eating low carb I found natural foods tasting better. Carrots (a higher carb veggi) with butter tastes like candy to me now. When I eat something like a donut it kind of makes me feel a little ill. Some boiled shrimp with cocktail sauce is so fantastic. I had baked Brussels sprouts yesterday with some melted cheese... and just the cheese had so much salt it was almost an overload.

Corn and wheat are cheap and easy to grow and I suspect they have the highest performance of calories to cost of any food. The can also be prepared using industrial processes and the can be stored for a long time. This, combined with the truly evil USDA food pyramid, has killed millions of Americans. Now, I think that the government can't be held responsible for people's health.... except when they use junk science to promote a high carb and low fat diet. I have been telling my wife that carbs where making her sick for the last 5 years or so... but finally her doctor told her that a low carb diet might work for her diabetes just two months ago. The medical community was so hooked on the low fat diet idea that they ignored the real data.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Really? wrote: Another interesting angle. If Facebook and Twitter are inherent First Amendment public spaces, then the private companies can't keep people out, can they? Private companies can't prevent someone from shouting in Speaker's Corner...only the government can. (At least in the US. Limeys have some strange laws.)

Further, the ruling seems to indicate participation is a right, as anyone can see blocked tweets by going into incognito mode.
Not really, Trump's tweets are considered public communications from a government official. That puts them in a whole different legal category than a private citizen's tweets.
Exactly. No different than if an elected official had office hours open to the public, yet refused to see certain constituents.

IF an elected official uses an [office/twitter account] to interact with the public
THEN all members of the public must be granted access.

Not that anybody can walk into anybody's office at any time, or never be blocked from anyone's twitter or FB. I really shouldn't be amazed any more at how dense most folks are when it comes to logic.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Really? wrote: Another interesting angle. If Facebook and Twitter are inherent First Amendment public spaces, then the private companies can't keep people out, can they? Private companies can't prevent someone from shouting in Speaker's Corner...only the government can. (At least in the US. Limeys have some strange laws.)

Further, the ruling seems to indicate participation is a right, as anyone can see blocked tweets by going into incognito mode.
Not really, Trump's tweets are considered public communications from a government official. That puts them in a whole different legal category than a private citizen's tweets.
Exactly. No different than if an elected official had office hours open to the public, yet refused to see certain constituents.

IF an elected official uses an [office/twitter account] to interact with the public
THEN all members of the public must be granted access.

Not that anybody can walk into anybody's office at any time, or never be blocked from anyone's twitter or FB. I really shouldn't be amazed any more at how dense most folks are when it comes to logic.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Also, the First Amendment isn't just about free speech. It contains several clauses, including the right to petition the government.

Fucking oafs.

feathers

Post by feathers »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:17 am
This is a fascinating study out of Israel regarding gut bacteria and the capacity for two people to eat exactly the same foods but with different results.

I've heard of that before, and it would explain why some people (moi) can eat whatever they want and remain at a steady 65 kg (by 180 cm).

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I knew a fellow, grew up in the same neighbourhood as him, although he was a year or so older I considered him a friend. Wiry lad, 5'8" ish. He ate all the 'wrong' foods, fry ups, burgers, pie n mash, drank like a fish, smoked weed, was never much into sports and I never knew of him doing any exercise once. I doubt he weighed more than about 11 stone wet through.

Dropped down dead of a brain haemorrhage in his early 30's.

I had a manager who was of a similar build, maybe a bit bigger, never smoked, didn't drink to excess, regularly went to the gym, played rugby, ate sensibly, happily married with a couple of youngsters. Took his dog for a walk one day and felt breathless when he got home, his wife persuaded him to go to the hospital where they kept him in overnight for checks.

He had a massive heart attack during the night and died aged 42.

You never know when that grim reaper's gonna come a calling. .. Eat what you fucking want. :snooty:

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Morgan Freeman. What have I always told you?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

If this doesn't make you smile, you might just be dead...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

World War 3 is back on. :?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 1:50 am

NSW Labor opposition leader Luke Foley is fucked for uttering the words “white flight” to describe ...... white flight.

At times it seemed as though every single Labor MP was screaming, while the government benches were not much better. The deputy speaker Thomas George bemoaned the appalling behaviour.
And a visibly angry Premier, herself the daughter of Armenia immigrants, declared she was so disgusted, that she could not bare to cast her eyes towards the Opposition benches.
Meanwhile, a stony-faced Foley sat with his head down. For now, he could not salvage the dire situation.

Predictably the Lib-tards won and Foley donned his hair-shirt. We are well and truely rooted.

Wow, you have a parliament of SJWs.

The article didn't seem bad, actually. It was highlighting an issue using a perfectly valid sociological term. Foley wasn't making a moral judgment about immigrants, or bellowing about the "end of the west" or "etnno-states", just pointing that there were logistical, class and educational problems. He's also a social democrat, not an alt-righter. I really don't get all the brouhaha. In Switzerland Foley's article would have been seen as a pretty uncontroversial sociological analysis.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

feathers wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:17 am

I've heard of that before, and it would explain why some people (moi) can eat whatever they want and remain at a steady 65 kg (by 180 cm).
Gut bacteria may also be implicated in autism. Lactobacillus reuteri helps in the production of oxytocin.

I have a theory that overly-empathic people get that way by eating each other's shit, although this may be down to my Aspie distaste for sentimentality.

Maybe 'theory' is too strong a word. Call it a gut instinct.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:19 pm
d4m10n wrote:
John D wrote:
and clean your room!
I believe the appeal comes more the refreshing nature of his advice and his admittedly bold stance against SJWs and their ilk. He's peddling old stuff, but it appeals because the new stuff is crap. People need direction, and if it's between the far left, far right, or Peterson, I'll be happy if it's Peterson. And right now he has virtually no competition.
Off the top of my head, I've seen Dawkins, Harris, Hitchens (RIP), Pinker, Dreger, Shermer, the brothers Weinstein, and both Nicholas and Erika Christakis stand up "against SJWs and their ilk," especially in the event of specific institutional excesses.

Other names come to mind, but these are the ones with the highest profile. (Sorry Gad.)

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Bhurzum wrote: If this doesn't make you smile, you might just be dead...

But what would Jordan Peterson say about this?

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Left off Maajid and Ayaan, unforgivably. Damn it.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 1:50 am

Isn't Foley a libtard albeit a fascist libtard? It appears to be contard cucks that are doing the snivelling. Did you vote for the PM and their party because that would make you sort of have some responsibility for trying to shut down honest debate.
In spite of what the great social scholar Faith Goldy says the huge waves of immigration in Canada have occurred as much during the Conservative governments as with the Liberal ones in Canada. The right wing which is basically controlled by business interests have lobbied since the 1970s for immigration because they wanted more workers competing to bring wages down and torpedo the unions. In the meantime, all three parties fell over each other to pander to the immigrant vote and that has given their "communities".
I have to laugh at Ezra Klein, the Conservative party bot that wanted so badly to make a propaganda outlet to attack the Liberal Party like Fox News in the US which is basically the propaganda arm of the Republican Party. First, the Sun News thing sunk, and then when he started up Rebel Media his people went past simple right wing populism and started not just going after the brown invaders but also got into antisemitism.
I'm sure his heart was broken when Gavin McInnes put up headlines about how much he "hates the fucking jews" and then trampled on by Goldy when she started talking about the JQ and gave that chummy interview with the Daily Stormer.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

d4m10n wrote:
I believe the appeal comes more the refreshing nature of his advice and his admittedly bold stance against SJWs and their ilk. He's peddling old stuff, but it appeals because the new stuff is crap. People need direction, and if it's between the far left, far right, or Peterson, I'll be happy if it's Peterson. And right now he has virtually no competition.
Off the top of my head, I've seen Dawkins, Harris, Hitchens (RIP), Pinker, Dreger, Shermer, the brothers Weinstein, and both Nicholas and Erika Christakis stand up "against SJWs and their ilk," especially in the event of specific institutional excesses.

Other names come to mind, but these are the ones with the highest profile. (Sorry Gad.)
It all depends on what you mean by competition. Peterson provides an over-arching theory as to why things are happening (as Pinker does in his latest book), but also a clear-cut plan as to what to do to counter it. (Depending of course on how much of his worldview you buy in to).

There's obviously something attractive to a lot of people about the architype he presents.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

shoutinghorse wrote: World War 3 is back on. :?

But Trump is still gonna get his Nobel peace prize, right?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

TheMudbrooker wrote:

But Trump is still gonna get his Nobel peace prize, right?
If anyone truly believed that Un was going to get rid of his nukes they're a fool.

free thoughtpolice

Kirbmarc wrote:
In Switzerland Foley's article would have been seen as a pretty uncontroversial sociological analysis.
Yeah but the Swiss are a bunch of Nazis and don't give me one of those wall of text exercises in sophistry.
I've seen the pictures of Aryan children in trad dress. :P

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

d4m10n wrote: Left off Maajid and Ayaan, unforgivably. Damn it.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/8be3114 ... id=7227906

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Also, the First Amendment isn't just about free speech. It contains several clauses, including the right to petition the government.

Fucking oafs.
I would like to petition the President in my chosen medium. He has normal citizens in his office. Therefore, it is my right to get a meeting with him.

What are my odds?

CaptainFluffyBunny

d4m10n wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
John D wrote:
and clean your room!

Sorry, I meant in life advice. Peterson is telling young people the words they should have learned from their parents about being responsible people.

CaptainFluffyBunny

I think Peterson came to fame for resisting the SJW incursions, but has become more popular for his grand, ontologically suspect life-advice.

CaptainFluffyBunny

And, I shouldn't post after just waking up from a nap. Solid life advice right there.

free thoughtpolice