There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote: I think it's probably due to bail conditions, if he's arrested for anything then he automatically get put back inside to finish his sentence. I have a feeling he has some clever lawyers that are probably working on getting him released. In the mean time though he will undoubtedly be put in with with the ragheads.
Though he might have an easier time of it if there's a DBD - Death Before Dishonour - presence in whatever wing he ends up in. Yes, apparently anti-muslim prison gangs, such as DBD, are a thing now. Thanks to the laissez faire attitude of the British authorities towards islamic fuckery in prisons, we now have a nascent, home-grown take on the Aryan Brotherhood. Nice work there, British state. Well done you.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote:
Pro tip for anyone: if you put your IQ on your CV, nine times out of ten it gets in the trash. The last thing an employer wants is someone who goes around bragging how smart they are. Doubly so if you lack qualifications.

For a guy who's so fixated on intelligence, Molyneux isn't very smart.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Just cause I had to look.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Independent and The Mirror have covered the arrest too but they are Alt-Right or something so don't count.

A suspended sentence isn't the same thing as being let off. If you break your conditions they come down heavily on you. The trial has already been done and the sentence has been set. They are waiting for you to fuck up.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Shatterface wrote: Independent and The Mirror have covered the arrest too but they are Alt-Right or something so don't count.

A suspended sentence isn't the same thing as being let off. If you break your conditions they come down heavily on you. The trial has already been done and the sentence has been set. They are waiting for you to fuck up.
I speak from experience that this is pretty much the case. In America you do get a parole revocation hearing, but they do not have to be speedy with them.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Tigzy wrote: Well, I wouldn't exactly call that reasonably reputable. Still, from what I've gleaned so far, it look like TR broke the terms of his suspended sentence - which means his sentence is no longer suspended. If that's the case, then - god, what a twat. If he's that desperate to get accused (note the emphasis) muslims on camera as they walk into court, and he's not prepared to wait until his suspended sentence had expired, then why not get an accomplice to do the filming, which Robinson himself can do a voiceover for later?

Not that there's anything particularly noble about filming yourself heckling people going to court - Robinson's working on a guilty-before-proven-innocent basis here, kinda like what Peez and various witchy-ass feminist covens do with regard to the likes of Shermer et al. It's downright stinky when the SJW mob does it, and it's just as stinky when TR does it too.
Whatever the moral judgement in livestreaming people as they are going into court it is not illegal, news media do it all the time. It matters not if Tommy Robinson is or isn't a 'proper' journalist, he has the same rights as SKY or BBC have to film people and ask them questions whilst they are outside the court.
From what I can gather, if what he did was enough to warrant a breach of the peace, then all journalists are guilty of the same. Whatever anyone's feeling toward Tommy Robinson, his treatment here should be of great concern to anyone who truly values freedom of speech in the UK. The world is watching as we turn very rapidly into a quasi police state.
Today Tommy Robinson has been silenced for his political views, make no mistake about that.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote: Whatever the moral judgement in livestreaming people as they are going into court it is not illegal, news media do it all the time. It matters not if Tommy Robinson is or isn't a 'proper' journalist, he has the same rights as SKY or BBC have to film people and ask them questions whilst they are outside the court.
From what I can gather, if what he did was enough to warrant a breach of the peace, then all journalists are guilty of the same. Whatever anyone's feeling toward Tommy Robinson, his treatment here should be of great concern to anyone who truly values freedom of speech in the UK. The world is watching as we turn very rapidly into a quasi police state.
From what I can gather, he wasn't done for breach of the peace, but contempt of court. There's a lot of conflicting info out there right now, but so far, it does appear that he violated the terms of his suspended sentence. And yes, sometimes livestreaming people as they are going into court can indeed be illegal if there are reporting restrictions on a case. In this instance, it's hard to tell - some are saying that there was, others no. Again, conflicting info - speaking of which, some out there are saying TR was filming people who had already been convicted, and were attending their sentencing. This would mean Robinson wasn't working on a presumed guilty basis, which is good...well, better at any rate. Either way, dicking around outside a court while still serving a suspended sentence for - well, dicking around outside a court, is not the smartest move.
Today Tommy Robinson has been silenced for his political views, make no mistake about that.
He made it fucking easy for them though, didn't he. Seriously, he as well anyone knows that the authorities are just waiting to pounce on him at the slightest opportunity. Just what the fuck was he thinking?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: Whatever the moral judgement in livestreaming people as they are going into court it is not illegal, news media do it all the time. It matters not if Tommy Robinson is or isn't a 'proper' journalist, he has the same rights as SKY or BBC have to film people and ask them questions whilst they are outside the court.
From what I can gather, he wasn't done for breach of the peace, but contempt of court. There's a lot of conflicting info out there right now, but so far, it does appear that he violated the terms of his suspended sentence. And yes, sometimes livestreaming people as they are going into court can indeed be illegal if there are reporting restrictions on a case. In this instance, it's hard to tell - some are saying that there was, others no. Again, conflicting info - speaking of which, some out there are saying TR was filming people who had already been convicted, and were attending their sentencing. This would mean Robinson wasn't working on a presumed guilty basis, which is good...well, better at any rate. Either way, dicking around outside a court while still serving a suspended sentence for - well, dicking around outside a court, is not the smartest move.
He made it fucking easy for them though, didn't he. Seriously, he as well anyone knows that the authorities are just waiting to pounce on him at the slightest opportunity. Just what the fuck was he thinking?
Robinson was convicted of contempt of court for filming people in a courtroom. Then he goes around filming people outside a court. I'm not sure whether he's really dumb or just an attention whore. Either way he's dicking around and making his own case worse, all while acting like a social media Hero-Victim for his fans.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Guys....guys....guys.

I just had a great experince at work. PMs, and direct messages for this one. Lolz a many.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

feathers wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:30 pm
Bhurzum wrote: I had objections to some of his claims and logic (his working definition of P2W was batshit) but other than that, the guy was squeaky clean. By all accounts, he was a really nice/mild dude.
And when did you last enjoy anything (or one) that was nice and/or mild?
Now don't push him.
Up with this, I will not put.

https://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com ... .jpg?w=720

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote: Robinson was convicted of contempt of court for filming people in a courtroom. Then he goes around filming people outside a court. I'm not sure whether he's really dumb or just an attention whore. Either way he's dicking around and making his own case worse, all while acting like a social media Hero-Victim for his fans.
I suspect that's his main motive here, unless he's a complete retard. And I don't believe TR is - he's more intelligent than his opponents believe. That said, he's more than capable of doing some completely dumbass shit from time to time - and if he wants to do the hero-victim bit here, then he's got to hope like hell that it doesn't result in him getting stabbed up by a muslim prison gang. If the authorities aren't as callous as mooted, then he ought to be segregated from the muslim inmates. He can be massive twat, as he was in this instance, but he doesn't deserve to die or be maimed for it. If TR isn't segregated, then I'd say that would be some pretty damn suspicious shite on the part of the British state.

But as Godless Spellchecker pointed out earlier - more than anything, Robinson fucked it up for himself this time.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Bhurzum wrote:
feathers wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:30 pm
Bhurzum wrote: I had objections to some of his claims and logic (his working definition of P2W was batshit) but other than that, the guy was squeaky clean. By all accounts, he was a really nice/mild dude.
And when did you last enjoy anything (or one) that was nice and/or mild?
Now don't push him.
Up with this, I will not put.

https://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com ... .jpg?w=720

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f4/da/a7 ... d8afa3.gif

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Most of the googled links to the Robinson arrest news are 404'd.

The ones that show all describe him as a right-wing activist, football hooligan, convicted of fraud, whose real name is Patrick Lennon.

He knew he was gonna get arrested, cuz he was on suspended for reporting front of a courthouse just recently --another goatfucker grooming gang trial. This time he made sure he didn't even say anything, and has it on tape. Arrested for breaching the peace by standing in front of a public building with your phone.

The UK is fucked.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Kirbmarc wrote: Robinson was convicted of contempt of court for filming people in a courtroom. Then he goes around filming people outside a court. I'm not sure whether he's really dumb or just an attention whore. Either way he's dicking around and making his own case worse, all while acting like a social media Hero-Victim for his fans.
Where the fuck have you got that from? I find it hard to believe that he deliberately filmed INSIDE the courtroom, is so then he's a fucking idiot. I doubt very much that was the case, he was arrested outside the court and I've heard no mention of this. As I said in reply to Tigzy, no matter what you think of him he was doing no more than we see TV news crews do all the time outside British courts, unless as tigzy has said a judge has ruled for reporting restrictions which we don't know at this point, again I doubt it was.

Whether it bad judgement (no pun intended) on Robinson's side to film and livestream whilst still on probation is really neither here nor there. Maybe he knew this was coming and he's after martyrdom, who knows. It doesn't sit right with me.
I still think this was a stitch up designed to shut him up

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Best reaction to the Dyson vs. Jordan Peterson Munk Debate...

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Where the fuck have you got that from? I find it hard to believe that he deliberately filmed INSIDE the courtroom, is so then he's a fucking idiot. I doubt very much that was the case, he was arrested outside the court and I've heard no mention of this. As I said in reply to Tigzy, no matter what you think of him he was doing no more than we see TV news crews do all the time outside British courts, unless as tigzy has said a judge has ruled for reporting restrictions which we don't know at this point, again I doubt it was.

Whether it bad judgement (no pun intended) on Robinson's side to film and livestream whilst still on probation is really neither here nor there. Maybe he knew this was coming and he's after martyrdom, who knows. It doesn't sit right with me.
Robinson was on a suspended for contempt of court for filming in the court precincts ie outside the court building.

Which is where the BBC, ITV, Sky etc broadcast from.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk- ... -of-court/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

OUTSIDE.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: This time he made sure he didn't even say anything, and has it on tape.
No, he was gobbing off in his usual fashion. This is the video of him I saw earlier - weirdly enough, the sound has now been removed, but trust me, the Robinson motormouth was going at full pelt:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

shoutinghorse wrote:

I was talking about the 2017 incident, when Robinson was convicted of contempt of the court but spared jail, for filming inside a court while a trial was going on.
On May 8, as proceedings in a rape trial were still ongoing, you attended with another and carried out filming on the court steps and inside the building.

“Both of those film pieces were then published on the Internet under a heading which read: ‘Tommy Robinson in Canterbury exposing child rapists. Police help them escape’.

“This was a deliberate action on your part to take photographs of the defendants, actions which you continued in spite of being told not to do it.

“You made it abundantly clear that your mission was to film the defendants, who you referred to by their religion, as ‘Muslim child rapists’ and ‘Muslim paedophiles’.

“I take a very dim view of your conduct which was in the face of repeated warnings.”

Robinson admitted he had come to the court to film the defendants, but was foiled by “the good offices of the court’s security staff” who had alerted the judge.

The judge said: “There are notices all over the court building making it clear that filming or taking a photograph was an offence and maybe a contempt of court.
Yes, he might be a fucking idiot.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
OUTSIDE.
I was talking about his previous, 2017 conviction for contempt of the court, when he was spared jail for filming in a court of law during a trial, along with a Rebel media crowd.

THEN, NOW, he's filming outside of a court, and he's arrested.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
OUTSIDE.
Ahhhhh shit. We about to see a fight!

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

here is just one BBC report from the entrance to a court There are countless others

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

More on Robinson's 2017 suspended sentence
The former leader of the English Defence League (EDL) has been given a suspended prison sentence for contempt of court after trying to film four men who were on trial accused of gang-raping a teenage girl, it can now be reported.
Sentencing him to three months jail, suspended for 18 months, Judge Norton said: “There are notices all over the court building making it clear that filming or taking photographs is an offence and may be a contempt of court.”
The 2017 sentence was passed in MAY 2017, so Tommy was STILL serving a suspended sentence when he was arrested now (May 2017 was only 12 months ago, and the sentence had been suspended for 18 months).

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

SM1957 wrote: here is just one BBC report from the entrance to a court There are countless others

Did the BBC reporters previously try to force their way into a courtroom to film people during a trial, and were they convicted of contempt of the court?

Because that changes a lot of things, you know.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tigzy wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: This time he made sure he didn't even say anything, and has it on tape.
No, he was gobbing off in his usual fashion. This is the video of him I saw earlier - weirdly enough, the sound has now been removed, but trust me, the Robinson motormouth was going at full pelt:

Jesus. Is there every a case where you people will not wear a track suit?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

SM1957 wrote: here is just one BBC report from the entrance to a court There are countless others

Not all court cases are the same - some reporting restrictions can be applied at the discretion of the court involved. I don't know for sure if there were or were not any such restrictions as regards this TR business, but it's best to wait for more info before presuming TR was nefariously singled out in this instance.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:27 am

Did the BBC reporters previously try to force their way into a courtroom to film people during a trial, and were they convicted of contempt of the court?

Because that changes a lot of things, you know.
Are you claiming that Tommy Robinson tried to force his way into an actual courtroom to film people? How did he get past security? It is impossible to commit such an offence of filming inside a courtroom.

No, the BBC were not convicted of contempt of court, because if you attempt to interview people up for sex offence with a child, it is only contempt of court if they are not white.

And today Robinson was outside a court building.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

SM1957 wrote:
Are you claiming that Tommy Robinson tried to force his way into an actual courtroom to film people?
No, I think he is just pointed out that Robinson got in trouble for filming inside a courthouse.

From the Story Posted
As it emerges the accused men have left court, the footage then cuts to Robinson filming himself inside the courthouse before a voice in the background tells him no cameras are allowed in the building.

At Canterbury Crown Court on May 22, Robinson, who appeared under his real name Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, was told by Judge Heather Norton she found clear evidence of contempt of court and it was an offence under Section 41 of the Criminal Justice Act.

Robinson, who arrived at court with an overnight bag, apologised in person to the judge, adding he had “absolutely no intention” of derailing the rape trial.

Rebel Media, for whom Robinson was working for when filming at Canterbury, has since put lawyers on a retainer to vet and instruct their output.

Sentencing him to three months jail, suspended for 18 months, Judge Norton said: “There are notices all over the court building making it clear that filming or taking photographs is an offence and may be a contempt of court.”

The judge said Robinson made it “abundantly clear” his purpose was to try to film the defendants and the reason he failed was because the court took avoiding action.

SM1957 wrote: It is impossible to commit such an offence of filming inside a courtroom.
It is? Why? I use to work for a company that sold hidden cameras. Things like this. Never mind every person on the planet now has a phone with a camera on it.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

The strange anomaly of when and not when it is legal to film defendants outside a British court.

Legal.
https://i.imgur.com/4m4TdKi.png

Illegal
https://i.imgur.com/yTedjtU.png

Anyone notice the difference?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

shoutinghorse wrote:

Track Suits.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

SM1957 wrote: Are you claiming that Tommy Robinson tried to force his way into an actual courtroom to film people? How did he get past security? It is impossible to commit such an offence of filming inside a courtroom.
Have you read the link I've posted? On May, 8th, 2017, Robinson did EXACTLY that and later he got a 13 months suspended sentence.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:

Not all court cases are the same - some reporting restrictions can be applied at the discretion of the court involved. I don't know for sure if there were or were not any such restrictions as regards this TR business, but it's best to wait for more info before presuming TR was nefariously singled out in this instance.
Also Robinson was serving a 13 month suspended sentence for trying to force his way into a courtroom to film defendants.

The suspended sentence MIGHT have included something about him no longer being authorized to film people near a court.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
OUTSIDE.
I was talking about his previous, 2017 conviction for contempt of the court, when he was spared jail for filming in a court of law during a trial, along with a Rebel media crowd.

Richard Kovalevsky QC, defending, said Yaxley-Lennon had been told by police officers and an usher at a magistrates court in Luton he could film in the precincts but not in the courtroom.
Inside, outside -- make up your mind.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote: The suspended sentence MIGHT have included something about him no longer being authorized to film people near a court.
Grasping for straws. Find evidence of that, or don't even bring it up.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

comhcinc wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

Track Suits.
Funny you should mention that, there was a time when any judge worth their salt would hold you in contempt of court for turning up in anything but a jacket & tie.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 10:34 am
Kirbmarc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
OUTSIDE.

Richard Kovalevsky QC, defending, said Yaxley-Lennon had been told by police officers and an usher at a magistrates court in Luton he could film in the precincts but not in the courtroom.
Inside, outside -- make up your mind.
Have you read the entire article, or only the part you found convenient?
After discovering that security staff had made arrangements for the jury and the defendants to leave by a side entrance, he began making a “piece to camera” - filming inside the court building, in which he accused the police of colluding in a cover-up.

Yaxley-Lennon was later arrested for being in contempt of court because it’s an offence to make videos or take photographs inside court.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Also filming outside Leeds Crown Court today, but protected by their non-white skin....

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: The suspended sentence MIGHT have included something about him no longer being authorized to film people near a court.
Here's the sentence
There will be no conditions that need to be attached to that suspended sentence, but you should be under no illusions that if you commit
any further offence of any kind, and that would include, I would have thought a further contempt of court by similar actions, then that sentence of three months would be activated, and that would be on top of anything else that you were given by any other court.

In short, Mr. Yaxley-Lennon, turn up at another court, refer to people as "Muslim paedophiles, Muslim rapists" and so on and so forth while trials are ongoing and before there has been a finding by a jury that that is what they are, and you will find yourself inside.
No explicit conditions, but also a clear warning about no more toomfoolery from Robinson/Yaxley-Lennon.

I'll wait for more details about the new legal issues.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote: Have you read the entire article, or only the part you found convenient?
After discovering that security staff had made arrangements for the jury and the defendants to leave by a side entrance, he began making a “piece to camera” - filming inside the court building, in which he accused the police of colluding in a cover-up.

Yaxley-Lennon was later arrested for being in contempt of court because it’s an offence to make videos or take photographs inside court.
Kirbmarc only minutes ago wrote: Robinson was convicted of contempt of court for filming people in a courtroom.
Have you ever been inside a courthouse? Seen the lobby and the doors to the courtrooms? Robinson claims he was told it was permissible to film inside the building, just not in the courtroom. And now he's been arrested for filming on the street outside the damn building.

Because maybe just maybe that was part of his suspended sentence. Or maybe because the UK has become Islam's cuck, and Robinson is deemed a serious threat to the nascent islamophile police state so must be crushed.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Here's the sentence
There will be no conditions that need to be attached to that suspended sentence, but you should be under no illusions that if you commit
any further offence of any kind, and that would include, I would have thought a further contempt of court by similar actions, then that sentence of three months would be activated, and that would be on top of anything else that you were given by any other court.

In short, Mr. Yaxley-Lennon, turn up at another court, refer to people as "Muslim paedophiles, Muslim rapists" and so on and so forth while trials are ongoing and before there has been a finding by a jury that that is what they are, and you will find yourself inside.
No explicit conditions, but also a clear warning about no more toomfoolery from Robinson/Yaxley-Lennon.

I'll wait for more details about the new legal issues.
'Tomfoolery' is now a felony?

A "further offense" would, in a free society, mean an actual criminal offense. But now, in the Caliphate of Great Britain, recording oneself in a public space is a crime -- for some.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

SM1957 wrote: Also filming outside Leeds Crown Court today, but protected by their non-white skin....

##
My apologies. That was a different Asian grooming gang case. They all look alike to me! Can't tell one trial of Asian groomers apart from another.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Shatterface wrote:
Ted Danson is looking swole.
....Yeah...I can see it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

So expressing one's opinion in public is now a crime in the UK. Good thing all those people who publicly declared George Zimmerman a "murderer" before his acquittal lived in the US. And of course, anyone who says anything negative about Robinson before his upcoming trial will be arrested by the Metropolitan Sharia Constabulary, too.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Tigzy wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 8:48 am
I suspect that's his main motive here, unless he's a complete retard. And I don't believe TR is - he's more intelligent than his opponents believe. That said, he's more than capable of doing some completely dumbass shit from time to time - and if he wants to do the hero-victim bit here, then he's got to hope like hell that it doesn't result in him getting stabbed up by a muslim prison gang. If the authorities aren't as callous as mooted, then he ought to be segregated from the muslim inmates. He can be massive twat, as he was in this instance, but he doesn't deserve to die or be maimed for it. If TR isn't segregated, then I'd say that would be some pretty damn suspicious shite on the part of the British state.

But as Godless Spellchecker pointed out earlier - more than anything, Robinson fucked it up for himself this time.
I'm sorry, but is it really necessary to be so cynical? Is it not possible that he knew full well what would happen, including that he might get shanked in prison, but still felt it was a necessary sacrifice? There are some people willing to put down their lives for their beliefs, and martyrdom isn't just a Muslim concept.

I don't agree with the man on everything, but I can still respect his courage.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
So expressing one's opinion in public is now a crime in the UK. Good thing all those people who publicly declared George Zimmerman a "murderer" before his acquittal lived in the US. And of course, anyone who says anything negative about Robinson before his upcoming trial will be arrested by the Metropolitan Sharia Constabulary, too.
So are you saying people were right to call Zimmerman a murderer?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Anyway, in completely other news, Bernie Sanders' dumbass Revolution.org getting torn apart by internal strife over Oppression Olympics jockeying. Second top official resigns -- an illegal immigrant and a tranny.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/ ... ges-607330

WTF were you thinking, Bernie? 1) transradicals will always try to make it about them; 2) You put an illegal on your payroll? Think nobody's gonna bring that up during your next campaign?

These are the types of errors you get from someone whose entire political career has amounted to pontificating from the sidelines. Sanders is a useless gasbag.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote: So are you saying people were right to call Zimmerman a murderer?
I'm saying people had a right to call Zimmerman a murderer.

But if Robinson wants play at journalist, he needs to memorize the word "alleged".

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

The last time I was in court was probably the early 2000's and even back then you had to go through an airport style security system to get anywhere further than the lobby, obviously this was before smart phones but I remember having a nokia analogue mobile phone on me and I was told then I had to keep it switched off at all times.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Shatterface wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
So are you saying people were right to call Zimmerman a murderer?
https://media.giphy.com/media/Q2yJmUbyune4E/giphy.gif

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: 'Tomfoolery' is now a felony?

A "further offense" would, in a free society, mean an actual criminal offense. But now, in the Caliphate of Great Britain, recording oneself in a public space is a crime -- for some.
Suspended sentences in the UK don't simply impose conditions based on criminal activity - they can also impose a Prohibited Activity Requirement. For example, a football hooligan may receive a suspended sentence with a prohibited activity requirement that he does not attend any football matches for the duration of the sentence. Even though it's not a criminal offence to attend a football match, if our hooligan does attend a match, then his ass is off to jail.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tigzy wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: 'Tomfoolery' is now a felony?

Suspended sentences in the UK don't simply impose conditions based on criminal activity - they can also impose a Prohibited Activity Requirement. For example, a football hooligan may receive a suspended sentence with a prohibited activity requirement that he does not attend any football matches for the duration of the sentence. Even though it's not a criminal offence to attend a football match, if our hooligan does attend a match, then his ass is off to jail.
It's the same in the US.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Assuming Robinson is genuine in his beliefs, he got what he was after. Twitter is swarming, people are angry and Muslim grooming gangs and the lack of freedom of speech are certainly being discussed more than they would have been.

Even if it wasn't a calculated move, it worked. It will be interesting to see if there are repercussions.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

The legal system in the UK is loaded against anyone who tries to exercise free speech in violation of the wishes of the elite. Kirbo doesn't seem to understand that the fact that the constitution is very nebulous can be used to railroad people according to the wishes of the gummint, the judiciary, the police, etc.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I'm sorry, but is it really necessary to be so cynical? Is it not possible that he knew full well what would happen, including that he might get shanked in prison, but still felt it was a necessary sacrifice? There are some people willing to put down their lives for their beliefs, and martyrdom isn't just a Muslim concept.

Yeah, it's possible that Robinson could be prepared to leave his kids fatherless in order to uphold the right to shout 'nonce' at muslims heading to the dock on sex offence charges. It's possible, sure.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Tigzy wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I'm sorry, but is it really necessary to be so cynical? Is it not possible that he knew full well what would happen, including that he might get shanked in prison, but still felt it was a necessary sacrifice? There are some people willing to put down their lives for their beliefs, and martyrdom isn't just a Muslim concept.

Yeah, it's possible that Robinson could be prepared to leave his kids fatherless in order to uphold the right to shout 'nonce' at muslims heading to the dock on sex offence charges. It's possible, sure.
Well, I dunno about the nonce bit, but you gotta admit the man has stirred up a hornet's nest. It's got a lot of people talking, a lot of people angry and many Americans are shocked at what's happened.

Hopefully your government isn't so dim as to allow him to be killed in prison, but even if they do I doubt his kids will go hungry. The GoFundMe would be huge.

Perhaps I'm being over-generous, but he does show courage. And the British government is showing its hand, not to any advantage. Time will tell.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

So Uber had disabled the emergency braking feature in that fatality a few months ago. Doesn't look good for them.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Hopefully your government isn't so dim as to allow him to be killed in prison, but even if they do I doubt his kids will go hungry. The GoFundMe would be huge.
Well yeah, it's definitely incumbent on state to ensure Robinson is adequately protected in prison. If they don't, then people will read it as being that criticism of islam carries a de facto death sentence. Unfortunately, I think the British authorities are indeed dim enough to allow that to happen. So we'll see.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Tigzy wrote: Well yeah, it's definitely incumbent on state to ensure Robinson is adequately protected in prison. If they don't, then people will read it as being that criticism of islam carries a de facto death sentence. Unfortunately, I think the British authorities are indeed dim enough to allow that to happen. So we'll see.
He'll be placed into seg for the duration of his stay and if he has any sense, he'll not make an issue of it.

To be honest, regardless of intent, this is a very, very interesting tactical development. The spotlight has just been switched on and people are paying attention. Popcorn on standby...

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Mr. X, Indeed wrote: So Uber had disabled the emergency braking feature in that fatality a few months ago. Doesn't look good for them.

If they are unable to avoid full responsibility by getting the authorities that allowed them to test it looks to me that they could even face criminal negligence. It looks like something like what happened was inevitable, given the way these tests were set up.
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/ ... ad/561185/