There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
shoutinghorse

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by shoutinghorse »

Forget Jack Frost, meet Detective Student. Jane Snowflake.
"Crime is changing, so we need people who are going to be cyber investigators, who can deal with a massive amount of information that's coming through social media."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44433881

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: It’s the Queens Birthday holiday today.

So of course our liberal-left opposition feelz compelled to promise to demolish it.

Old stock heritage is “anachronistic” to a multi cultural society. Luckily Aboriginal awareness is relevant to all. And you are racist if you say anything else. Magik.

http.://twitter.com/brive1987/status/1006043710398709760?s=21
You must have a different Queen to us, as it isn't her birthday up here.

That being said, a day off is a sacred thing, and I don't have an issue with who or what it is celebrating.
I would stand shoulder to shoulder with you in support of a new (additional) holiday on say June 15th.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
I've especially enjoyed Southern and Pettibone praising the Russian police, and Lauren Southern's confession about her intrepid reporting at the end.
Poor Kirb. If they acknowledge they are fact-finding and learning and engaging they are shit, if they were to pretend proficiency in the subject area they would be shit. If they observe that the police were less aggressive - in their fairly broad experience - to (say) the French, they are shit.

All this coming from the man who crusaded against Goldy’s “genocide” video without apparently watching it first.

Which is shit.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Marcus,

London is not literally a Battlefield eh? Click bait no doubt. But what is the story with this moped thing and localised acid business. I assume this is exaggeration for effect?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Moped crime rockets..... from 827 crimes to 23,000

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44435677

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

That's why I have a proper motorbike.

And Brive, I think you're losing it a bit. Calm your balls, and look at the Blondies in a wider light. Sure, they may be pushing some ideas that you agree with, but they're not fuck Einstein when it comes to the whole package (ladies!). For once, I'd agree with the term "laying down pipes".

I also like eating crayons.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote: ...
22 years and nothing had changed. Nothing.

This will be exactly the same.
Oh things have changed. I remember David Niven complaining about having to wear 'trews' when he did his service.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: Marcus,

London is not literally a Battlefield eh? Click bait no doubt. But what is the story with this moped thing and localised acid business. I assume this is exaggeration for effect?

I dunno - this maybe one of these things were we need a Stephen Pinker longitudinal analysis.

In any case (for me) the glass is more than half full - I've spent the weekend associating with the better class of people at the 'Open Squares Weekend'.

I love this place!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: That's why I have a proper motorbike.

And Brive, I think you're losing it a bit. Calm your balls, and look at the Blondies in a wider light. Sure, they may be pushing some ideas that you agree with, but they're not fuck Einstein when it comes to the whole package (ladies!). For once, I'd agree with the term "laying down pipes".

I also like eating crayons.
Hey Phil,

I’m really not that fussed with their original content, though Goldy is nicely stats based. Remember I read Southern’s book and it was at crap high school debate level. The issues are fairly clear cut, the demography is available and it’s personal choice whether you value unique local cultures or prefer to welcome the third world / second world in as the new trend setters. Or be brain dead apathetic.

No-one is completely correct or completely wrong. The right though appear more closely aligned to my concerns and their message of trad-identity as a solution to obvious problems and as an organising principle makes sense. So they are righter than most.

I am really interested in how they trigger liberals and what that says about them, given they are the self professed enlightened bulwark which supposedly makes the clumsy alt-right redundant. The challenge to culturally survive appears to have as many internal threats as external ones.

I am also intrigued by the Right’s messaging choices, propaganda/engagement approaches and their applied action directed at a focused outcome. Plus their use of new media. These people are anathema to the slacktivism of the SJ left, the self destructive lethargy of the A/S camp and the ridiculous violence of Antifa.

I guess there is also the historical /cultural threads that I am not blind to. These are genuinely interesting and swirl around important questions which will form chapters in tomorrows history books.

The babe factor is a garnish.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I saw something recently in one of the British online news outlets (I can't be arsed to find it) where they interviewed Black British London gang members and asked why they carry knives and why there are so many acid attacks, the answer that was quite telling. One of the youths said that as the North African gangs have increased (Somalia, Eritrea, Congo etc.) through immigration their youth come with a couldn't give a fuck attitude toward harming people. As one said.
"They have come from war torn countries and have seen and done things that none of us have, families murdered and mutilated, they couldn't give a shit, they will chiv (stab) you as soon as look at you and so we had to wise up and get tooled up for our own protection or they would just take over"

It seems multiculturalism has fucked up the black gang communities too, who's have thought?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

SM1957 wrote: A ship picked up in Libyan waters has been refused permission to dock in Italy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44432056
I saw the dagos are going to accept it: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44441386

John D

Post by John D »

shoutinghorse wrote: I saw something recently in one of the British online news outlets (I can't be arsed to find it) where they interviewed Black British London gang members and asked why they carry knives and why there are so many acid attacks, the answer that was quite telling. One of the youths said that as the North African gangs have increased (Somalia, Eritrea, Congo etc.) through immigration their youth come with a couldn't give a fuck attitude toward harming people. As one said.
"They have come from war torn countries and have seen and done things that none of us have, families murdered and mutilated, they couldn't give a shit, they will chiv (stab) you as soon as look at you and so we had to wise up and get tooled up for our own protection or they would just take over"

It seems multiculturalism has fucked up the black gang communities too, who's have thought?
A dark skinned minority who have an honor culture and an insensitivity to violence... hmmmmm.... America 2.0.

Next thing you know the UK will have white flight to the suburbs and cities will go bankrupt.... hmmmmmm..... America 2.0.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote: All this before you add the muslim factor! I tell you what, it's a brave/stupid raghead who joins our military...fuckers really must have a deathwish!
Wait till one of them joins, has a bad time, and then tries to sue HMG.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Also, I see Jess Phillips claims to have been getting 600 rape threats a night. :lol: :lol: :lol:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

John D wrote: Next thing you know the UK will have white flight to the suburbs
Will have John D? it's been happening for quite awhile mate, not just white flight but we're now seeing Black & Brown flight too, I live in a small town 40 odd miles from London and very near a slightly bigger town neither of which has ever had large black or ethnic populations, you just need to walk down the high street or pass a school playground to notice a distinct increase in non white's in the last few years, most will have English 'London' accents, they are not newcomers but 2nd, 3rd generation British Indian & Caribbean migrants. The one's who can afford it are also getting out of London now and you can't blame them.

John D

Post by John D »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Will have John D? it's been happening for quite awhile mate, not just white flight but we're now seeing Black & Brown flight too, I live in a small town 40 odd miles from London and very near a slightly bigger town neither of which has ever had large black or ethnic populations, you just need to walk down the high street or pass a school playground to notice a distinct increase in non white's in the last few years, most will have English 'London' accents, they are not newcomers but 2nd, 3rd generation British Indian & Caribbean migrants. The one's who can afford it are also getting out of London now and you can't blame them.
"You" can't blame them... I agree. When my parents moved out of Detroit in the early 70's "you" couldn't blame them either. High taxes, high crime, and shitty schools drive people out of the city. But...... the media and many blacks blame this all on racism. My folks didn't leave Detroit because they are racists.... because they are not.... they left because the could afford to move out to buy into a better life. The story now is that all of us white racists moved to places like Warren and Sterling Heights and Livonia because we all hates us some black folks.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Yeah this is massively established. There are parts of my local city now so populated by London flat-sellers-and-relocaters that the local accent has been dislodged in favour a tawdry mockney.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:33 pm
I'm predicting that the USA and Russia will be declaring war on Canada in the next few days. Trump is meeting Kim to get agreement on air base support from North Korea.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
I'm predicting that the USA and Russia will be declaring war on Canada in the next few days. Trump is meeting Kim to get agreement on air base support from North Korea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC1f2e6Kk7c

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shit, wrong video. I meant this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jf8Bt4gD9Y

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:
Keating wrote: [img]http.s://ageofshitlords.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/shit-poster.png[/img]

I think the problem is that Brive hasn't updated his avatar in ages.
I meet you once and you dox me.

I’m thinking this Dugin chap may be the biggest troll ever. Here he uses the language and themes of the left to argue for trad-values. The man is a genius. :)
The very ideology of progress is racist in its structure. The assertion that the present is better and more fulfilling than the past, and continual assurances that the future will be even better than the present, are discriminations against the past and the present, as well as the humiliation of all those who lived in the past . . . and a violation of the right of the dead.
If Dugin made any less sense, he'd be a French philosopher.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
SM1957 wrote: A ship picked up in Libyan waters has been refused permission to dock in Italy.

I saw the dagos are going to accept it:
I got confused for a moment, cuz where I grew up, 'dago' referred only to Italians. (Or 'guineas', 'wops', or 'guinea-wops' interchangeably, with 'spics' or the milder 'spani-ricans' for hispanics.)

These 'rescues' are a scam -- the NGOs coordinate with human traffickers in Libya so know exactly when & where to meet the Zodiacs 'in distress'. These 'humanitarian' twats are so eager to undermine their own white, western civilization, they don't give a flying fuck what happens to their pawns before they get onto those boats.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

These 'rescues' are a scam -- the NGOs coordinate with human traffickers in Libya so know exactly when & where to meet the Zodiacs 'in distress'. These 'humanitarian' twats are so eager to undermine their own white, western civilization, they don't give a flying fuck what happens to their pawns before they get onto those boats.
Much like the human trafficking warriors who changed the US law so illegal immigrant woman can be rescued from prostitution. The way things are setup in the US, a woman can come here illegally, work as a prostitute, and then call for a charity to help her out of prostitution. Then the US government will grant her citizenship. I get lots of people mad at me when I remind everyone that this will encourage these woman to make the illegal journey to the US so they can become citizens.... especially women who already make money as prostitutes in their home country. My wife really hates it when there is a woman on TV talking about her "journey" to the US and how she was roped into prostitution... and I say... shit.... all she had to do was go to the police and they would send her home.... but she doesn't want to be a whore in Africa. Wow. She will be pissed at me all night for this one.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

I saw the dagos are going to accept it:
I got confused for a moment, cuz where I grew up, 'dago' referred only to Italians. (Or 'guineas', 'wops', or 'guinea-wops' interchangeably, with 'spics' or the milder 'spani-ricans' for hispanics.)
Where I grew up:
Dagos - Spaniards
Wops - Eyeties/Italians
Spics - Mexicans (because they "no spik Eeengleesh")
Greaseballs - Greeks
Gyppos - Egyptians

[quote[These 'rescues' are a scam -- the NGOs coordinate with human traffickers in Libya so know exactly when & where to meet the Zodiacs 'in distress'. These 'humanitarian' twats are so eager to undermine their own white, western civilization, they don't give a flying fuck what happens to their pawns before they get onto those boats.
[/quote]
It's something common in "charitable" work - the people who are involved in the industry create their own work. White genocide is not necessary, but they don't give a shit either.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Fucked the quote, but you get the message.

ObRacism

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Oi, hands orf! Canada is technically ours still, well Her Maj. anyway. We've got first dibs so keep your greedy revolutionary mitts off of our stuff. :snooty: :flags-wavegreatbritain:

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

shoutinghorse wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Oi, hands orf! Canada is technically ours still, well Her Maj. anyway. We've got first dibs so keep your greedy revolutionary mitts off of our stuff. :snooty: :flags-wavegreatbritain:
Wouldn't be the first time the US invaded Canada, although, if I remember correctly, it didn't go so well for us the first time.

John D

Post by John D »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Wouldn't be the first time the US invaded Canada, although, if I remember correctly, it didn't go so well for us the first time.
Detroit was burned twice.... once by the British in 1812 and once by the citizens in the 1960s.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

What nationality was Mrs O'Leary's cow?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: ...
Where I grew up:
Dagos - Spaniards
Wops - Eyeties/Italians
Greaseballs - Greeks
Gyppos - Egyptians
I thought that Gypsies / Romanians were the Gyppos.

And that 'Spic was a shortened form of Hispanic.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Brive1987 wrote: No-one is completely correct or completely wrong. The right though appear more closely aligned to my concerns and their message of trad-identity as a solution to obvious problems and as an organising principle makes sense. So they are righter than most.
Identity politics: IOWWDI :mrgreen:

Okay, but seriously, which significant social problems can be solved by elevating identity over values?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:24 am
Lsuoma wrote: ...
Where I grew up:
Dagos - Spaniards
Wops - Eyeties/Italians
Greaseballs - Greeks
Gyppos - Egyptians
I thought that Gypsies / Romanians were the Gyppos.

And that 'Spic was a shortened form of Hispanic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spic

Also, the Roma (gypsies) were so called because of their supposed resemblance to the real Gyppos: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gypsy

BTW, I find it interesting the Wikipedia article calls them Romani - brings to mind the whole Romanes Eunt Domus scene.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:42 pm
Brive1987 wrote: Is an eyebrow wig actually a thing?

:shock:

Buzzfeed says it just an optical illusion caused by poor video and shadows.
Though most of the rest of him is fake.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro/ju ... .uqMDRJkAV
The guy has weird eyebrows. Whatever that was it doesn't look like a shadow, unless it was cast by a moving light source. Bad eyeliner job, pair of rogue caterpillars?

John D

Post by John D »

In Detroit in the 70s to the best of my recollection.... these were the words of choice.

blacks - niggers, coons, porch monkeys
Italians - degos, wops
Polish - polacks
Anyone from the Middle East or India or other place with brownish skin people - towel head, camel jockey
Greeks - I don't remember the Greeks having a slur. That seems odd. Maybe their last names were funny enough for us. (Papadopoulos...etc.). There are actually lots of Greeks in Detroit.
Jews - Kikes, Heebs
Whites - wasps, honkeys
Southerners - hillbillys

That's about it. Maybe I will think of more in the next hours and add to the list.

John D

Post by John D »

Popular local racist Italian jokes....

1) Q) Why did the Italian kid grow a moustache? A) So he could look like his mother.

2) Q) What do flat tires sound like on a Fiat? A) Dago wop wop wop (translation: they go "wop, wop, wop") yes - some people would actually laugh at this.

Very strange that these are the only ones I can think of right now.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

John D wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:49 am

1) Q) Why did the Italian kid grow a moustache? A) So he could look like his mother.

2) Q) What do flat tires sound like on a Fiat? A) Dago wop wop wop (translation: they go "wop, wop, wop") yes - some people would actually laugh at this.

Some "jokes" picked up from an Oaklahoman friend in primary school, jut to show how base these things can get.

Q. How did the Italians get to America?
A. First one swam across and the rest walked on the slime.

Q. Why don't black people drive convertibles?
A. because their lips flap in the wind and smack them to death.

Q. How do you tell the difference between an Italian and a Jewish dustbin?
A. Italian one is licked clean and the Jewish one is the one with the padlock.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I could of NZ specific ones.

What's the Maori word for car aerial? Coat-Hanger.

What do you call a constipated Samoan? Fella-Fulla-Faeces.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Admittedly you probably need to get the pronunciation right to understand the context...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaIZF8uUTtk

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spic

Also, the Roma (gypsies) were so called because of their supposed resemblance to the real Gyppos: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gypsy

BTW, I find it interesting the Wikipedia article calls them Romani - brings to mind the whole Romanes Eunt Domus scene.
The theiving swine even stole someone elses term of abuse. Obviously too lazy to make their own.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
John D wrote:

Some "jokes" picked up from an Oaklahoman friend in primary school, jut to show how base these things can get.

Q. How did the Italians get to America?
A. First one swam across and the rest walked on the slime.

Q. Why don't black people drive convertibles?
A. because their lips flap in the wind and smack them to death.

Q. How do you tell the difference between an Italian and a Jewish dustbin?
A. Italian one is licked clean and the Jewish one is the one with the padlock.
Q: How can you tell you're dealing with a level-headed Norwegian?
A: The snoose runs out of both corners of his mouth.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: nd New Zealand, the word yobbo is more frequently used, with a similar although slightly less negative meaning.

The American equivalent is "yahoo".
A Swift response - but I thought that 'Yahoo' was also British (or at least Anglo-Irish) too.
I see what you did there.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: I’m really not that fussed with their original content, though Goldy is nicely stats basedcked.
[....]
The babe factor is a garnish.
FTFY

I'm waiting for a Jadehawk or Svannatee someone to call out ol' misogynist me for continually sexualizing these poor damsels, but I have a feeling they aren't gonna hasten to their defense.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: What nationality was Mrs O'Leary's cow?
That was Chicago. And rumor has it, the cow farted onto an oil lantern.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

John D wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:42 am
In Detroit in the 70s to the best of my recollection.... these were the words of choice.

Italians - degos, wops
Polish - polacks
Anyone from the Middle East or India or other place with brownish skin people - towel head, camel jockey
Greeks - I don't remember the Greeks having a slur. That seems odd. Maybe their last names were funny enough for us. (Papadopoulos...etc.). There are actually lots of Greeks in Detroit.
Jews - Kikes, Heebs
Whites - wasps, honkeys
Southerners - hillbillys

That's about it. Maybe I will think of more in the next hours and add to the list.
Blacks - niggers, nig-nogs, coons, sambos, chocolate drops.
Indians/Pakistanis - wogs, paki's.
Italians - eyeties, wops.
Spanish - dago's. (general name for anyone with Hispanic roots with the exception of Argentina - argies)
Chinese (anyone oriental) - chinks/chinky's, nips, slantyeyes.
Jews - yids.
Irish - paddy's, micks.
Scots - jocks.
Welsh - taffs, sheep shaggers.
French - frogs.
Germans - krauts, jerries.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Look at this insanity.....Judith Butler and some other insane feminist I've never heard of, dancing on stage, for some reason.

Anyways, he he, this feminist I've never heard off has had some sort of accusation levelled against her, but apparently, Butler has defended her, and says the claims made against her are lies"

LISTEN AND BELIEVE, Judith!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: What nationality was Mrs O'Leary's cow?
That was Chicago. And rumor has it, the cow farted onto an oil lantern.
Come on Apers, there's mileage in that for you...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

shoutinghorse wrote:
John D wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:42 am

Italians - degos, wops
Polish - polacks
Jews - Kikes, Heebs
Whites - wasps, honkeys
Southerners - hillbillys

Blacks - niggers, nig-nogs, coons, sambos, chocolate drops.
Indians/Pakistanis - wogs, paki's.
Italians - eyeties, wops.
Spanish - dago's. (general name for anyone with Hispanic roots with the exception of Argentina - argies)
Chinese (anyone oriental) - chinks/chinky's, nips, slantyeyes.
Jews - yids.
Irish - paddy's, micks.
Scots - jocks.
Welsh - taffs, sheep shaggers.
French - frogs.
Germans - krauts, jerries.
Blacks - Jungle bunnies.
Jews - Front-wheels
Dutch - Clogs
Belgians - Sprouts

As in Frogs 'n' Krauts 'n' Clogs 'n' Sprouts.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:

Don't think those type of jokes really qualify as racist - more like "fun with Dick and Jane and 'racial' stereotypes". Really only gets into "racist" territory if you're suggesting that all members of those "races" exhibit those attributes.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Lsuoma wrote: ews - Front-wheels
I don't get it?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Front-wheel skid.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

d4m10n wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: No-one is completely correct or completely wrong. The right though appear more closely aligned to my concerns and their message of trad-identity as a solution to obvious problems and as an organising principle makes sense. So they are righter than most.

Okay, but seriously, which significant social problems can be solved by elevating identity over values?
Politics (from Greek: πολιτικά, translit. Politiká, meaning "affairs of the cities") is the process of making decisions that apply to members of a group.

I struggle to see how politics can be separated from group identity of one description or another. Including those people espousing ideologies which *must* conform to social or classical liberal thought.

I also struggle to see how you can effectively divorce values from the social identity from which they derive and over which they have sway. So your question is poorly formed: effective values come from cogent identity.

Sure, you can try to dispense with culturally sourced values of limited relevance to diverse communities. In this case you are left with generic, beige and unlegislated “free speech” level BS and the hope everyone else similarly guts their identity. You can prioritise all values equally which is a contradictory mess. You can retain trad-values and demand integration which is apparently racist. Or you can adopt Option 1 while elevating oppressed values on the basis of privilege theory and wait to see what happens. Which seems to be our approach.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Did somebody say chocolate drops?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Integration also has its limits as culturally sourced values cannot necessarily be easily picked up and often come with the requirement that deeply held ‘like but opposite’ values from the source society are dropped.

Hence the risk of silos and the logical requirement that immigration come from culturally aligned countries - assuming true integration (rather than semi peaceful coexistence) is the goal.

But that is also racist.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

d4m10n wrote:

Good question. Though one might suggest that identity and values don't have to be mutually exclusive - we can identify with particular groups, or define our identities, based on the values espoused, humanists or atheists for examples. Bit problematic when that turns into "my tribe, right or wrong".

But both "identity" and "identify" are kind of murky terms at best - I find them so, and it certainly seems many others do since many transactivists seem to think that, for example, *identifying* as a woman means that one really is. They in particular seem unclear on the differences between surfaces and essences, so to speak.

And one might suggest that "elevating identity over values" sometimes has some merit. For instance, when some apparently superficial attributes defining or characterizing a group - "whites" or "westerners", for examples - are to be used for "rallying the troops" for "existential" battles against other groups with far less credibility - "arabs" or "muslims" for examples.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Steersman wrote:
John D wrote:

Don't think those type of jokes really qualify as racist - more like "fun with Dick and Jane and 'racial' stereotypes". Really only gets into "racist" territory if you're suggesting that all members of those "races" exhibit those attributes.
A black guy, a white guy and a jew were standing on a street corner when they were struck by a runaway bus, killing all three. The trio awoke in hell where they were greeted by Satan himself,"Today is my birthday" the Prince of Darkness said,"Which means it's your lucky day, give me $100 and I'll let you out of hell and send you to heaven." Moments later, the white guy was at the pearly gates explaining to St. Peter what had happened."Well," said St. Peter "it's nice to have you aboard, but what happened to the other guys?" To which the white guy replied "The last I saw of them Shlomo had Satan talked down to $67.50 and Leroy was still looking for a co-signer."

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote:
d4m10n wrote:

<snippity-doo-dah>

I also struggle to see how you can effectively divorce values from the social identity from which they derive and over which they have sway. So your question is poorly formed: effective values come from cogent identity.
Kind of think you're conflating superficial aspects of "social identity" with more fundamental ones.

Maybe some of those superficial ones are derived or arise from the latter, but they seem inessential. Many Western nations have a broad range of different superficial aspects - clothing, dances, patterns of language and other forms of expression - but they're secondary to such "essential" things as the rule of law and the separation of church & state. Elevating the former over the latter or losing sight of the difference - as you and people like Faith Goldy seem to be doing - really doesn't help anybody. More part of the problem than of the solution.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
<snip>

A black guy, a white guy and a jew were standing on a street corner when they were struck by a runaway bus, killing all three. The trio awoke in hell where they were greeted by Satan himself,"Today is my birthday" the Prince of Darkness said,"Which means it's your lucky day, give me $100 and I'll let you out of hell and send you to heaven." Moments later, the white guy was at the pearly gates explaining to St. Peter what had happened."Well," said St. Peter "it's nice to have you aboard, but what happened to the other guys?" To which the white guy replied "The last I saw of them Shlomo had Satan talked down to $67.50 and Leroy was still looking for a co-signer."
:-)

Reminds me of a joke that Jerry Coyne - a secular Jew of course - had told: "What is a moral quandry to a Jew? A sign in a butcher shop window saying, 'free pork chops' ..." :rimshot:

Think he had prefaced that by a comment or a jest that he was entitled to tell that joke because he was Jewish. Interesting phenomenon though, the degree to which many people insist that only those of a particular race or ethnicity are allowed to tell jokes or use epithets targeting individuals of those groups. Which I think is egregious moonshine at best.

Reminds me of an old Huff Post article: "Ta-Nehisi Coates Breaks Down Why White People Can't Say The N-Word In Rap Songs". That boy is one stupid ass nigger. For several reasons, another of which is: How Ta-Nehisi Coates Gives Whiteness Power. By many accounts, Coates seems to write rather well, but sure seems to have his head up his ass on many concepts and issues.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: An interesting pitch for green on blue.

https: ... //twitter.com/hansreturns/status/1005495308355239941?s=21
Here's something you can bank on - the act of stopping for prayers will never happen; not on exercise, not on ops, not even during peacetime camp routine. I don't give two squirts of piss what any recruiting video says, it simply will not happen.
Bloody good show, eh? ;-)
Bhurzum wrote: Note: The entire advert is a laughably poor attempt - a fireteam sitting around in a gang fuck, section commander with a handset jammed to his skull, section commander ignoring/muting coms etc.

Then there's Private Allahu Ackbar with his nice snow-white skullcap. On patrol. No boots on. Kevlar removed. Weapon ditched. Completely switched off whilst he talks to goat-fucker god.

Nope. Won't happen. Guaranteed.

Puzzle palace might make all the right noises and talking heads with lots of gold braid on their shoulder flashes might make bold new statements but there's one thing you can bet upon - the "coal face" determines outcome and is all but immune to pressure from above.

When I joined up (1989), there were rumours on the jungle drums that NCO's would no longer be allowed to strike/hit underlings and it was causing all manner of outrage within the old 'n' bold section of the military. I should point out, it already was illegal to strike junior ranks for many, many years before I joined up but the fuckers still done it. Anyway, round about my 8 year point, the Army started pushing a mad zero tolerance policy towards NCO "brutality" and all these posters started appearing, hotline numbers were posted all over the place and the padre, a raging nutcase with serious anger management issues, started giving "talks" on the subject and assured us that if we needed to report someone, it would be dealt with swiftly.

At my 22 year point, as part of the ATD package, I was giving the lectures (part of the "Values & standards" ITD) and I would keep on top of the literature/posters for the unit. I had a small team of chimps who worked for me (a psycho corporal, slack handful of lancejacks and a pile of grotty troopers) and I'd routinely watch them kicking the shit out of each other for fucking up, back-chatting or acting up in some shape or form.

22 years and nothing had changed. Nothing.

This will be exactly the same.
22 years? Good golly - Miss Molly, hadn't realized you'd been in that long. In the photo you posted way back of you, I assume, on a tank you didn't look a day over 18.
Bhurzum wrote: All this before you add the muslim factor! I tell you what, it's a brave/stupid raghead who joins our military...fuckers really must have a deathwish!
By "ragheads" I assume you mean Muslims since Sikhs/ghurkas - the 7/11 people as opposed to the 9/11 ones - seem to have some cred in the British army. But sure think that practising Muslims should be excluded from the military & the police - deport the lot; Mecca, nukes, etc. Reminds me of a case here in Canada: Muslim Toronto Police chaplain’s views troubling.

In any case, was wondering whether you were back in the land of the living, ready to do the Iron-Man competition. :-) Seem to recollect you'd been badly wracked up in a fall 6 or 8 months ago.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Q, What's the difference between a jew and a meat pie?
A, A meat pie doesn't scream when it goes in the oven.

Q, What do you call a jew who says he's skint?
A, A liar.

Q, How do you fit 1 million jews into a volkswagon beetle?
A, 2 in the front, 2 in the back and the rest in the ash tray.