There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
comhcinc

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
John D wrote: Kirb and Brive.... WTF! Shut the fuck up! How many times can you guys beat on each other with the same arguments..... over and over and over. It is almost time to put you on ignore. Either write something interesting or stop.... just stop.
Both are moderators and cannot be put on ignore. There is a thread for the ethnostate crap, but Brive insists on our attention here.
It honestly doesn't bother me. I just kinda allow my eyes to glaze over it and just move on.

Also, we are all just big enough assholes that I think asking people not to talk about something isn't going to work here.
:hankey:

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

Kirbmarc wrote: Me, idiot: "Louis Farrakhan is a virulent anti-semitic and anti-white racist, Tamika Mallory and Linda Sarsour are whitewashing his ideas by presenting him as a dissident preacher persecuted by white supremacy"

You, genius: "Yeah, that's fair. She's really dishonest".

Me, idiot: "The Qu'ran is full of terrible messages, the muslim apologists are whitewashing its message by cherry-picking the best parts and presenting the book as a religion of peace, and all criticism as religious persecution"

You, genius: "True, true, how can they be so defensive and dishonest?"

After a while....

Me, still an idiot: "Aleksandr Dugin is a reactionary supporter of political violence, Southern is whitewashing his ideas by presenting him as a dissident intellectual persecuted by the Liberal Establishment."

You, genius: "How dare you reveal these things to the audience, are you implying that they can't think for themselves? You should be ashamed of your liberal censorship! Ashamed, I say!"
This pretty much sums up the last two months of Ethno-Brive drivel. The Trad-thots identitarianism is just as laughable as the intersectonal feminists. The latter just don't go for that healthy blond look. Not that I blame you - I've rubbed one out to Southern a few times.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

People who listen to Anita Sarkessian blather on about anti-knowledge pomo crap have agency so why be against it or criticise it eh.

John D

Post by John D »

John D wrote: Kirb and Brive.... WTF! Shut the fuck up! How many times can you guys beat on each other with the same arguments..... over and over and over. It is almost time to put you on ignore. Either write something interesting or stop.... just stop.
Both are moderators and cannot be put on ignore. There is a thread for the ethnostate crap, but Brive insists on our attention here.
FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fuzzy wrote:
screwtape wrote: Lindsay Shepherd sues WLU.

She has realised they have made her unemployable. I hope she wins.
I didn't want to deal with nationalpost's adblock policy, so found this on Toronto Sun: http://torontosun.com/news/national/lau ... ech-abuses

I rfemember Peterson saw this coming way back in the first few days when the two talked, and he pretty much offered to take her into his university program for further academic pursuits if/when such blackballing were to happen ... ...
That was Gad Saad made the offer.

I think Haidt's concept of two types of university - free inquiry vs. social justice - competing on the market, will come to pass.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
screwtape wrote: Lindsay Shepherd sues WLU.

She has realised they have made her unemployable. I hope she wins.
I didn't want to deal with nationalpost's adblock policy, so found this on Toronto Sun: http://torontosun.com/news/national/lau ... ech-abuses

I rfemember Peterson saw this coming way back in the first few days when the two talked, and he pretty much offered to take her into his university program for further academic pursuits if/when such blackballing were to happen ... ...
That was Gad Saad made the offer.

I think Haidt's concept of two types of university - free inquiry vs. social justice - competing on the market, will come to pass.
I really hope you're right. What I see on campuses right now is very concerning. I don't just mean media reports, but my daughter's college campus and some others we've visited. This isn't just an abstraction, but an ongoing phenomenon. Hopefully the pendulum is going back.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: That was Gad Saad made the offer.

Students with any ambition whatsoever are opting out of Social Justice universities. Employers want people who can do the job and don't want to use their resources to further another agenda. They'd rather take on unqualified staff and train them up than employ a ticking time bomb.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: That was Gad Saad made the offer.

Perhaps Universities can follow the Liberty or BYU model. The SJ Uni's can make their speech & behaviour codes explicit (if they are not already). And any institute of higher learning that wants to take a different tack. Both will have limitations on what they consider to be 'free inquiry' and will define it accordingly.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

fuzzy wrote: Is it just me, or does the last series of arguments sound exactly like that Wilfred Laurier university group presenting arguments as to why Lindsay Shepherd should not have played that Jordan Peterson tape?
Nobody is arguing that Southern be shut up or fired, they're criticizing her for giving a softball interview to a nut-job. Same as we would for somebody giving SocJus as softball interview. You challenge bad ideas.
I disagree with Peterson a great deal but he is a a serious figure, not a genocidal lunatic.

And remember, before that Dugin interview we were told not to prejudge, that it wouldn't be an endorsement of Dugin, that we shouldn't prejudge, she's just giving him enough rope, etc.

Then after an interview that consisted entirely of sucking Dugin's balls we are told he IS a Great Thinker after all. And while he might be advocating mass murder, it's only of imberciles, so that's OK. It's not Bad Genocide like fuzzy wuzzies shrinking White Man Balls with their halal-rays.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

The Sarsour/Farrakhan and Southern/Dugin parallels are exactly right. Sarsour and Southern are lunatics in themselves but they are promoting extremely dangerous people. Yes, people have agency, but propaganda is powerful. What the fuck happened to the skepticism community of it wasn't the triumph of bad ideas?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

AllanW wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
Where do you live?
Why?
AllanW wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
Where do you live?
Why?
AllanW wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
Where do you live?
Why?
Playin' dumb?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Brive1987 wrote: The West will never fall.

Not entirely sure what point you're trying to make here. If Britain is somehow representative of all the West, and these two bagheads are somehow representative of a civilisation crushing decline, then I can only say that it's an exceedingly slow decline. I recall seeing similar drunken street arguments between semi-coherent mutants way back in the gloriously un-PC era of the seventies, when we had Bernard Manning on the telly. It really is nothing new. Observe something like Hogarth's Gin Lane, rendered in 1751, and you'll find that public drunken fuckwittery in the UK is really old hat. If immigration is somehow responsible for this sort of thing, then blame the Scots, as Glaswegians certainly tend to be over-represented in the public-drunken-bawling community in England. With the Irish a close second.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Hate is a big problem in the US:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLk5nXnLzxw

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

SM1957 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: diversity is our strength
It's why we are doing better than the Chinese.

Diverse countries like Brazil and Germany will do better at the World Cup than countries which are not diverse, such as Tunisia, Senegal , Iran and Nigeria.
So That's England fucked then, what with all them darkies playing, not diverse enough huh? :roll: .. Makes a change from blaming the Manager, penalties, the off-side rule, referees, too many foreigners in the Premier League, Arsene Wenger/Jose Mourinho/Alex Ferguson, David Beckham's metatarsal, Wayne Rooney sent off, too tired, weather too hot, hooligans, Tommy Robinson, everyone hates us, light years behind everyone else, not enough youth coaches, Glenn Hoddle's a prat, Gary Lineker's a cunt and the myriad of other excuses we get after every tournament where we're shite. :eusa-hand:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

In OTHER news...

This seems like potentially good news for secularism and free speech.
Hat's off to Mick Nugent for his activism. Hopefully they'll pull it off.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I'm not a huge fan of referenda but the Irish tend to be pretty liberal/totally betray their cultural values (delete where applicable) when it comes to social issues.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I think Haidt's concept of two types of university - free inquiry vs. social justice - competing on the market, will come to pass.
I really hope you're right. What I see on campuses right now is very concerning. I don't just mean media reports, but my daughter's college campus and some others we've visited. This isn't just an abstraction, but an ongoing phenomenon. Hopefully the pendulum is going back.
My friend's daughter started as a freshman at Harvard last year. She told me every one of her classes started with announcements of preferred personal pronouns. Every single one.

Harvard is actually a shitty place to get an education -- but man, the resulting degree opens all doors. The implementation of SJW nonsense will not hurt its bottom line.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote: Students with any ambition whatsoever are opting out of Social Justice universities. Employers want people who can do the job and don't want to use their resources to further another agenda. They'd rather take on unqualified staff and train them up than employ a ticking time bomb.
If certain schools develop a reputation for churning out SJW zealots, any employer would be out of their mind to hire its grads. You could bet on your new hire throwing infantile temper tantrums, filing micro-aggression claims with HR, protesting the cafeteria's latest cultural appropriation, demanding paid time off to 'process' the latest petty criminal getting his just desserts innocent unarmed black body erased by the fascist police state, and so on ad infinitum. Fucking nightmare.

AllanW

Post by AllanW »

fuzzy wrote:
AllanW wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
Where do you live?
Why?
AllanW wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
Where do you live?
Why?
AllanW wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
Where do you live?
Why?
Playin' dumb?
No. You?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

AllanW wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
AllanW wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
Where do you live?
Why?
AllanW wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
Where do you live?
Why?
AllanW wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
Where do you live?
Why?
Playin' dumb?
No. You?
I don't have to play, but I'm pretty sure Fuzzy wants to know where you live so there can be an exchange of man hugs.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Just look at how immigrants have fucked up Oz. :cry:

CaptainFluffyBunny

This seems a popular rumor on Twitter ATM. If there is any truth to it, does this seem like a good idea?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

This seems a popular rumor on Twitter ATM. If there is any truth to it, does this seem like a good idea?
Yeah, the first I saw of it was courtesy of that paragon of journalistic integrity, Paul J Watson.

I think it's best to reserve judgement until further details are forthcoming. Preferably from sources other than Infowars. I dunno which prison has a 71% muslim population - first I've ever heard of it - but if wee Paulie is willing to divulge, then I'm all ears.

free thoughtpolice

I'm pretty sure that TR fans wouldn't post deceptive tweets. :drool:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tommy ... est-photo/

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

According to Wikipedia and what people have said Tommy doesn't have a problem with Muslims. Just those rape gangs. Remember he isn't an ultra right wing bigot. So no problems right?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Why complain about being "silenced" but self censor the word "rape"?

Twitter doesnt ban that word.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Well I for one am glad that Snopes continues to answer the important questions of our times...
MWSnap105 2018-06-13, 19_53_48.jpg
(18.17 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/megha ... al-robots/

free thoughtpolice

In PZ news, he talks about how rape culture is stopping women from studying science.
http://archive.is/ahbT8
He quotes an article from Science Magazine:
The incidence of female students experiencing unwanted sexual attention or sexual coercion was lower, ranging in both Texas and Pennsylvania between 2% and 5% for the former and about 1% for the latter.
PZ makes a prediction:
I have a prediction: there are going to be people who are only going to see the 1% number and are going to argue that because it’s so low, sexual harassment isn’t a problem.
Of course, the comments mainly talk about how this is a proof of rape culture.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Maybe this is where Caine purchased her Injun status.
Heredity or hoax?: When Louis Côté became suspicious about a Toronto-based laboratory that tests DNA ancestry for a self-proclaimed Indigenous group, he decided to try an experiment by submitting a sample from his dog for analysis. He was told his chihuahua had Abenaki and Mohawk ancestry.
https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/longfor ... estry-test

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

114,000 followers. 296 retweets at the time of writing this. Judging from the time stamps on the replies, this tweet is an hour old (again, at the time of writing this).

Still no information from a reputable source on. Still no info on which UK prison has a 70% muslim population. Also - Arab?? I thought the defendants in the case which saw Tommy violate the requirements of his suspended sentence were of Pakistani heritage.

It would be great if we could get more details on all this. But the narrative must drive on, regardless.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oh.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Wait, are they conflating religion and race?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

InfraRedBucket wrote:

It's 'rope gangs'. You can't call them lunch mobs anymore because it's not PC.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

:popcorn:

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Tigzy wrote: 114,000 followers. 296 retweets at the time of writing this. Judging from the time stamps on the replies, this tweet is an hour old (again, at the time of writing this).

Still no information from a reputable source on. Still no info on which UK prison has a 70% muslim population. Also - Arab?? I thought the defendants in the case which saw Tommy violate the requirements of his suspended sentence were of Pakistani heritage.

It would be great if we could get more details on all this. But the narrative must drive on, regardless.

It is hard to believe that the UK government want mosques to be subject to arson attacks or whatever else people will do if Tommy Robinson is murdered in jail by adherents of a religion of peace.

free thoughtpolice

Shatterface wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:

It's 'rope gangs'. You can't call them lunch mobs anymore because it's not PC.
I thought it was ripe gangs that go around offending decent people with their halal smell.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Lunch mobs? Fecking kindle is worse than my iphone.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

They could have put Robinson in one of the protected wings of he hadn't pissed off the nonces and the ex-coppers.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Kirbmarc wrote: In OTHER news...

And yet when the blasphemy law is repealed, Peezus will somehow describe it as a disaster for social justice simply because he can't stand the fact that Mick Nugent actually gets things done. You just know he will.

Brive1987

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't o

Post by Brive1987 »

Tigzy wrote:

htt.ps://twitter.com/ritapanahi/status/1006787394278952962?s=21
Not entirely sure what point you're trying to make here. If Britain is somehow representative of all the West, and these two bagheads are somehow representative of a civilisation crushing decline, then I can only say that it's an exceedingly slow decline. I recall seeing similar drunken street arguments between semi-coherent mutants way back in the gloriously un-PC era of the seventies, when we had Bernard Manning on the telly. It really is nothing new. Observe something like Hogarth's Gin Lane, rendered in 1751, and you'll find that public drunken fuckwittery in the UK is really old hat. If immigration is somehow responsible for this sort of thing, then blame the Scots, as Glaswegians certainly tend to be over-represented in the public-drunken-bawling community in England. With the Irish a close second.
On the one hand it was a vaguely funny bum-fight in a suit. On the other it raised questions of the reality vs myth of “the West” in a self depreciating manner.

Overall, this exercise has demonstrated to me that not even liberals will hold out charity to their ideological enemies. Nuance, subtlety and the teasing out of complex ideas is as prescribed here by some, as anywhere else. Issues are comfortably black and white when you have the certainty of objective right and wrong.

Plus there is a hair-trigger for these professed rationalists that quickly kicks the debate into an emotional tail spin. With tears.

Absolutely intriguing.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

screwtape wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: In OTHER news...

And yet when the blasphemy law is repealed, Peezus will somehow describe it as a disaster for social justice simply because he can't stand the fact that Mick Nugent actually gets things done. You just know he will.
I bet that he will not say anything about it, or if he will he will not mention Nugent at all.

I wouldn't rule out that one of his Hordelettes might whine about how the repeal of the blasphemy law will allow some Evil Islamophobia to be protected speech, though.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Yeah, file this under 'shit that didn't happen'. If the screws are still anything like my former father-in-law and his colleagues, they're more likely to be sympathetic to Robinson's cause than against it.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Overall, this exercise has demonstrated to me that not even liberals will hold out charity to their ideological enemies. Nuance, subtlety and the teasing out of complex ideas is as prescribed here by some, as anywhere else. Issues are comfortably black and white when you have the certainty of objective right and wrong.
Says the guy who thinks that civil libertarians and SJWs are one and the same, all "libtards".

Also some ideas ARE morally wrong, period. Genocide is one of them. I'm talking about real genocide here, not the alt-right word games about how immigration of non-white people to Europe is "white genocide".

Curious how the alt-righters want to appropriate the "genocide" label to paint immigration under the worst possible light, as if "genocide" was associated with the worst possible level of evil, while they're eager to dismiss calls for genocide on their side, from people who have ties to political entities implicated in a war of aggression, as "jokes".
Plus there is a hair-trigger for these professed rationalists that quickly kicks the debate into an emotional tail spin. With tears.

Absolutely intriguing.
Yes, we, the ones who point out that Dugin wants a genocide of cretins/a bastard race in the Ukraine, all while the Russian government is involved in a war in the Ukraine, are the overly triggered and emotional ones.

The people who can't stand the sight of Chinese or Indians in Australia, because it's killing their ethno-state nostalgia, are incredibly rational.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:26 am
:D

https://i.imgur.com/YHYycFt.png
Christ, I just pop in to see how you wankers are doing and now my sides are in orbit, fucking lol.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

QED

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

htt.ps://twitter.com/ritapanahi/status/1006787394278952962?s=21
On the one hand it was a vaguely funny bum-fight in a suit. On the other it raised questions of the reality vs myth of “the West” in a self depreciating manner.

Overall, this exercise has demonstrated to me that not even liberals will hold out charity to their ideological enemies. Nuance, subtlety and the teasing out of complex ideas is as prescribed here by some, as anywhere else. Issues are comfortably black and white when you have the certainty of objective right and wrong.

Absolutely intriguing.
The only tears here are Aussie. You're the one dropping things without nuance, then grandstanding when somebody calls your latest bimbo out for bad ideas. Way to nuance, yep.

A bunch of folks have asked you to desist or move it to another thread. But no, you need the attention.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tigzy wrote: Yeah, file this under 'shit that didn't happen'. If the screws are still anything like my former father-in-law and his colleagues, they're more likely to be sympathetic to Robinson's cause than against it.

Not being blonde I don't have to listen to her right?

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: DfgaqXnWAAEYxNg.jpeg

https://metro.co.uk/2018/01/18/man-rape ... ssion=true

Not the right approach for incels, IMHO.
Ho FFS, where do you even find this stuff. :)

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Tigzy wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:46 am
Oh.

Someone is telling *porkies*.

;)

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Tigzy wrote: Yeah, file this under 'shit that didn't happen'. If the screws are still anything like my former father-in-law and his colleagues, they're more likely to be sympathetic to Robinson's cause than against it.

IF, and with this lot it's a big IF, TR is in Leicester Prison , at it's inspection in 2014, the Muslim population was around 10%.
The "white British " population was at just over 62%
Section 6 – Appendix II: Prison population profile:
https://www.justiceinspectorates.gov.uk ... -20131.pdf

More up to date, to compare, the Muslim prison population for all UK prisons was around 4% (Page 14)
http://researchbriefings.files.parliame ... N04334.pdf

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Shatterface wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: What's a few dead journalist, militarism, rampant corruption, the rule of organized crime and people going to jail for criticizing the government when you have the Precious Sacred Collective Traditions?
I think we are seeing exactly the same attitude towards Russia from the Right that we had from the Left when the Soviets were in charge.

Never mind the corruption - look at the ideals! Murders? What murders? We need strong leadership! So what if free speech and individual rights are restricted? Think of the collective!
Shatterface wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: What's a few dead journalist, militarism, rampant corruption, the rule of organized crime and people going to jail for criticizing the government when you have the Precious Sacred Collective Traditions?
I think we are seeing exactly the same attitude towards Russia from the Right that we had from the Left when the Soviets were in charge.

Never mind the corruption - look at the ideals! Murders? What murders? We need strong leadership! So what if free speech and individual rights are restricted? Think of the collective!
Seriously, You think the MSM are on our side in the Western world? They are a bunch of elitist, globalist, corporalist traitors who hate the working class. We need a 'Day of the rope' to wipe out these motherfucking quisling for good. Fuck all 'Journalist' I can't think of one who doesn't deserve to swing or a helicopter ride, scabs the lot of them.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

InfraRedBucket wrote: IF, and with this lot it's a big IF, TR is in Leicester Prison , at it's inspection in 2014, the Muslim population was around 10%.
The "white British " population was at just over 62%
Section 6 – Appendix II: Prison population profile:
https://www.justiceinspectorates.gov.uk ... -20131.pdf

More up to date, to compare, the Muslim prison population for all UK prisons was around 4% (Page 14)
MarkB (who's a Robinson supporter, btw) has more recent stats here:

14.3% muslim population, 64.3% white British, Jan 2018.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

MWSnap108 2018-06-13, 22_27_11.jpg
(29.66 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Ah yes, that bastion of reliable objective unbaised truth that is AlexJones show........
that'll convince em.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive did get me thinking, to be fair, so I have a question-
There is an undeniable culture in Britain, an empire and many cultural, scientific and philosophical traditions. Same with France, Italy, Spain, etc. You have the Scots, Irish even Welsh history and undeniable culture. But let's say that Trump decides to trade Australia to the Chinese in return for some golf courses, what exact culture would be lost that you couldn't find in an Outback Steakhouse?

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Kirbmarc wrote: It's insane to me how certain people rightly oppose islamic theocracy but then pine for the Good Old Days of Traditional Christianity. This idea is just as dumb as the Regressive Leftists who whine about how Christianity is bigoted but islam is Feminist and Intersectional.
The most successful religions adhered to the evolutionary strategy that allowed humans to survive in the first place, what part don't you understand. The whole lefty/liberal love for Islam is just their self hating whiteness and daddy issues, It is hardly rocket science. Once you understand that lefty/liberals are mentally ill retarded mongs then everything they do makes sense.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Twitter, where truth and lies battle, and lies have the home court advantage.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

InfraRedBucket wrote: More up to date, to compare, the Muslim prison population for all UK prisons was around 4% (Page 14)
No, the muslim prison population is 15.2% - the 4% figure is the national population. This means that assuming Robinson is being held in HMP Leicester, he's not in a place where there's a muslim population in excess of the national (prison) average.

https://i.imgur.com/kMH4WKN.png

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oops: average percentage.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Brive did get me thinking, to be fair, so I have a question-
There is an undeniable culture in Britain, an empire and many cultural, scientific and philosophical traditions. Same with France, Italy, Spain, etc. You have the Scots, Irish even Welsh history and undeniable culture. But let's say that Trump decides to trade Australia to the Chinese in return for some golf courses, what exact culture would be lost that you couldn't find in an Outback Steakhouse?
Arthur Boyd
Sidney Nolan
Tom Roberts
Arthur Streeton
Henry Lawson
Banjo Paterson
Judith Wright
Miles Franklin
Norman Lindsay

et al - and that’s before th taint.

Outback egalitarianism was a thing in opposition to English classism. Still there as a stretch target.
The values bound up in the ANZAC foundation myth
Dry self depreciating humour of a sort again in opposition to British and American efforts

In fact I’d need a wall of text.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Ned Kelly was a folk hero.

But was he also a villian?