There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
John D

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by John D »

comhcinc wrote: John, I am glad to hear your daughter is doing okay and I am glad to hear she is getting away from that bad situation.

Unfortunately I don't see what that has to do with Tommy Robinson though?
Everything relates to TR.... Didn't I read that he is poly????

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

John D wrote:
comhcinc wrote: John, I am glad to hear your daughter is doing okay and I am glad to hear she is getting away from that bad situation.

Unfortunately I don't see what that has to do with Tommy Robinson though?
Everything relates to TR.... Didn't I read that he is poly????
I heard he was poly. Poly going to get raped by a prison full of Muslims!

https://images.genius.com/7de40ce53b12a ... 40x124.gif

I will be here all week folks!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shocking Com...

But I expected no less from the Shock...Master.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MarcusAu wrote: Shocking Com...

But I expected no less from the Shock...Master.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/fac ... shock5.jpg

Come on you want a piece of me! You want a piece of me! Come and get me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_tbsf2PPzk

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Interesting that Sargon, Count Dankula and (less of a surprise) Paul Joseph Watson have joined UKIP.

I think this is a terrible mistake, confirming as it does many,many people's prejudice that they are little more than thinly-veiled right-wingers.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Sorry Com...didn't mean to dox you.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Sorry, source for last:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sulman wrote: Interesting that Sargon, Count Dankula and (less of a surprise) Paul Joseph Watson have joined UKIP.

I think this is a terrible mistake, confirming as it does many,many people's prejudice that they are little more than thinly-veiled right-wingers.
Prejudice?

Sargon endorsed Marine Le-Pen and Donald Trump... :twatson:

They might not be as bad as Richard Spencer or Tara McCarthy, but they're on the right side of the political spectrum, and close (at best) to the far right.

There are left-wing or centrist critics of the SocJus, but they tend not to endorse Trump or LePen, or chat amiably with "white separatists" or to join a far-right party.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sulman wrote: Interesting that Sargon, Count Dankula and (less of a surprise) Paul Joseph Watson have joined UKIP.

Prejudice?

They might not be as bad as Richard Spencer or Tara McCarthy, but they're on the right side of the political spectrum, and close (at best) to the far right.

There are left-wing or centrist critics of the SocJus, but they tend not to endorse Trump or LePen, or chat amiably with "white separatists" or to join a far-right party.
I understand that, but Sargon in particular has always tried to attempted to obfuscate his political leaning, quite poorly, I might add.

As for Dankula, you don't join a fringe political party for the craic. That's bullshit.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

When you're supporting far-right candidates, giving support to far-right ideas ("Great Replacement", PizzaGate, "the end of the west", etc.), joining far-right parties, and chatting with the extreme right wingers/"white separatists" like Jared Taylor, describing them in relatively flattering terms, what's the difference between you and a member of the far-right? Self-identification? Isn't that just like "identifying as an attack helicopter"?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sulman wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

Prejudice?

I understand that, but Sargon in particular has always tried to attempted to obfuscate his political leaning, quite poorly, I might add.

As for Dankula, you don't join a fringe political party for the craic. That's bullshit.
It's almost as if there's been a shift to the right within the Youtube "skeptic" community, and it's been gradual and hidden, but now is plain for everyone to see.

What was that metaphor for a gradual change induced by a non-visible infiltration? "Laying pipes"?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

There's no break, no chasm, no real rift between the Skeptic Youtube "alt-lite", the Lauren Southern/Brittany Pettibone/Black Pigeon Speaks "alt-lite", and the hardcore ethno-centric alt-right. And while there are some differences between the ethno-centric movements and the race-centric ones they carry on working together, shading into each other, shielding each other from criticism.

The SocJus has vastly misused the words "alt-right" and "white supremacy" to refer to all its critics, from Pinker to Bernie Sanders to Sam Harris to Bill Maher, but in the "anti-SJW" counterculture the support for the far-right has gone from "enemies of our enemies" to outright endorsement, to joining their ranks.

The ideas that the west is "doomed", that the "mainstream media" are completely corrupt and unreliable, that the "establishment" is involved in shady conspiracies and that what matters the most is "European identity/Western values" (which is usually meant to be "ethnic origin", if not out outright "whiteness") instead of liberal democratic institutions are very widespread, to different degrees, within the online and offline movements of people who criticize the SocJus. Those ideas aren't good.

Hyperbolic narratives on the "doom of the west" are likely to make lots of people less receptive to real issues which aren't so apocalyptic, along with giving credit to those who preach extreme solutions. Discrediting the media as a whole, rather than criticizing some flaws, lessen social trust and can lead people to give too much credit to the "alternative media". Conspiracy theories are political poison, and go against all tenets of skepticism and rationality. And putting emphasis on ethnic identity rather than on non-identitarian values supports identity politics and alienates those who don't feel part of the "ethnic collective".

What criticism of the SocJus needs, in order to be credible and not just doing the work of the far-right, is to dial down the hyperbolic clickbait, stop facile generalizations and distance itself as much as possible from conspiracy theories and identitarian bullshit.

But of course clickbait brings attention and money, generalizing is easy and a cheap substitute to actual research, and conspiracy theories and identitarian narratives attract a big audience. Making videos on how the intersectional radfems are Killing the West brings in attention and is easy money. Analyzing the SocJus, its origins, its aims, and criticizing its flaws is harder, and isn't good for the Youtube masses.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote: It's almost as if there's been a shift to the right within the Youtube "skeptic" community, and it's been gradual and hidden, but now is plain for everyone to see.

What was that metaphor for a gradual change induced by a non-visible infiltration? "Laying pipes"?
If there's been a shift to the right, then so what? As long as it's not extreme-right fascist type shit, then there's no real cause for concern. UKIP, despite what many detractors say, is not an extreme right party. Heavily right wing, yes, with a strong (but not absolute) libertarian tendency - though it was really a single issue party. Given that UKIP pretty much got what they wanted, as regards this single issue - a referendum delivering the result they wanted - they've lost a lot of impetus, which has been showing in recent polls and elections. Of course, the issue on EU membership still isn't fully resolved, but UKIP don't really have that much wind in their sails anymore.

As for Sarg and Dank joining UKIP - I dunno, it just looks like some sort of wanky, disappearing-up-your-own-arse trolling op to me. They've gone from being the Ramones to being Emerson, Lake and Palmer, but without the cool Giger shit.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I don't really know much of the Count outside his court case. I felt I didn't need any more information to be against it. In my guy can be full on loves some Hitler and he still has the right to teach a dog to do stupid distasteful tricks.

I have no clue about the UKIP other than it makes me want to watch some WKRP. IF a guy like Tigzy says it's not as bad as some in the media says I tend to believe him unless someone can show otherwise.

But Sargon? You mean the long-standing, deeply entrenched pit member who has been such a prolific member of this site? That guy? Nah, nothing shady about that guy.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Sulman wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:19 am
Interesting that Sargon, Count Dankula and (less of a surprise) Paul Joseph Watson have joined UKIP.

Stupid thing to do. UKIP has outlived it's usefulness now that Yerp has been given the boot. I suspect that For Britain is going to be gaining some traction in the not too distant future.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:24 am

Prejudice?

UKIP is a far-right party?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:27 pm
Brive1987 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:58 pm
Com - would bang?

Space Oddity.

Yeah. Nah.
I missed something. Are doctors no longer required to take the Hippocratic Oath?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Makes sense to me: UKIP is, after all, the best gang if you want to pretend you 'care about the working class' while getting on with the business of making everything work in your privileged favour. The party of guffawing wealthy bank managers and Tories who are too Tory for the Tories.

:D

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote: Professor Ilya Somin who writes for the Volokh Conspiracy does a good job of laying out all the details:

Pretty much every single statement in that article is either a lie or a gross distortion.
The federal law criminalizing "improper entry" by aliens does not require family separation.
No Federal law criminalizing anything "requires" family separation. Yet it's the consequence of detaining a criminal who happens to be a parent.
Until the administration's recent policy change, civil proceedings were in fact the usual approach in case of families with minor children, under both Democratic and Republican administrations.
Links to an article that admits that:
1) The alternative is to release the illegals, who then go to ground;
2) Both Bush and obama also at times changed the 'usual approach'.
The Trump administration, by contrast, has sometimes even forcibly separated children from migrants who have not violated any law, but instead have legally crossed the border to petition for asylum in the United States.
One incident, currently being investigated. (Does 'once' count as 'sometimes'?)

NB: even Vox, the link for that lie, must admit:
To be clear, there is no official Trump policy stating that every family entering the US without papers has to be separated. What there is is a policy that all adults caught crossing into the US illegally are supposed to be criminally prosecuted — and when that happens to a parent, separation is inevitable.
Typically, people apprehended crossing into the US are held in immigration detention and sent before an immigration judge to see if they will be deported as unauthorized immigrants.
But migrants who’ve been referred for criminal prosecution get sent to a federal jail and brought before a federal judge a few weeks later to see if they’ll get prison time. That’s where the separation happens — because you can’t be kept with your children in federal jail.

the 1997 Flores court settlement. But that settlement in no way mandates family separation and detention of children away from their parents. To the contrary, it instructs federal officials to "place each detained minor in the least restrictive setting appropriate" and to release them to the custody of family or guardians "without unnecessary delay."
Except the Ninth Circuit Court's ruling on Flores means any detained minors must be released from detention long before their parents criminal proceeding are completed.

Some try to justify the administration policy by pointing out that people convicted of crimes are often imprisoned in ways that keep them apart from their children. But, in such cases, the children are left in the custody of relatives or guardians chosen by the family, not housed in harsh detention facilities.
Apples to oranges. First off, for most crimes, it is rare for both parents to be arrested. Even then, CPS can easily locate relatives or emergency foster care. That is simply impossible when apprehending large groups of illegals in the middle of the desert. Second, Somin falsely equates the long-term outcome of a domestic conviction with the short-term contingencies of arrest under atypical conditions.

If the government started rounding up small-time marijuana users or violators of speeding laws, putting them into pretrial detention, and separating them from minor children who are then placed in confinement under cruel conditions, there would be an outcry. Few, if any, would seriously claim that the policy is justified because it strengthens enforcement of drug and traffic laws.
Another false equivalency. DUIs are detained, and if accompanied by children with no other adult present, those children are taken.

First-time illegal entry into the United States is a mere misdemeanor carrying a penalty (up to 6 months imprisonment or a small fine) lower than the penalty for possession of small amounts of marijuana (1 year). The relative penalties suggest that federal law considers the latter a more serious offense than the former. Yet not even hard-core drug warriors like Sessions urge the federal government to adopt a "zero tolerance" policy under which we routinely prosecute all small-time marijuana users. In practice, the feds only target a tiny fraction of them. And when they do, they don't separate their children from them, and detain the children under harsh conditions.
The two offenses are in no way comparable. The possession of pot was for the purpose of a one-time high enjoyed in private. The illegal crossing of the border was for the purpose of beginning years of illegally residing, illegally working, and illegally receiving public services. When released, the pothead returns home and eagerly shows up a court to be done with it. The illegal immigrant disappears into a new country (ours), never shows up for court, and has effectively completed their crime.

Not every law is just. Some, at least, are so unjust that there is no moral obligation to obey them. For example, there is widespread agreement that civil rights activists were justified in violating segregation laws, and abolitionists in violating the Fugitive Slave Acts. Violation of these laws was just because they inflicted grave harm on innocent people based on morally irrelevant characteristics: race and ancestry. Much the same is true of many of our immigration laws.
Push a leftie long enough to explain their outrage, and it inevitably comes down to this: they hate immigration laws, and want to throw open our borders to anyone (though preferably 'brown', to assuage their White Guilt) who 'just wants to make a better life for themselves.'

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote: Professor Ilya Somin who writes for the Volokh Conspiracy does a good job of laying out all the details:

Pretty much every single statement in that article is either a lie or a gross distortion.
The federal law criminalizing "improper entry" by aliens does not require family separation.
No Federal law criminalizing anything "requires" family separation. Yet it's the consequence of detaining a criminal who happens to be a parent.
Until the administration's recent policy change, civil proceedings were in fact the usual approach in case of families with minor children, under both Democratic and Republican administrations.
Links to an article that admits that:
1) The alternative is to release the illegals, who then go to ground;
2) Both Bush and obama also at times changed the 'usual approach'.
The Trump administration, by contrast, has sometimes even forcibly separated children from migrants who have not violated any law, but instead have legally crossed the border to petition for asylum in the United States.
One incident, currently being investigated. (Does 'once' count as 'sometimes'?)

NB: even Vox, the link for that lie, must admit:
To be clear, there is no official Trump policy stating that every family entering the US without papers has to be separated. What there is is a policy that all adults caught crossing into the US illegally are supposed to be criminally prosecuted — and when that happens to a parent, separation is inevitable.
Typically, people apprehended crossing into the US are held in immigration detention and sent before an immigration judge to see if they will be deported as unauthorized immigrants.
But migrants who’ve been referred for criminal prosecution get sent to a federal jail and brought before a federal judge a few weeks later to see if they’ll get prison time. That’s where the separation happens — because you can’t be kept with your children in federal jail.

the 1997 Flores court settlement. But that settlement in no way mandates family separation and detention of children away from their parents. To the contrary, it instructs federal officials to "place each detained minor in the least restrictive setting appropriate" and to release them to the custody of family or guardians "without unnecessary delay."
Except the Ninth Circuit Court's ruling on Flores means any detained minors must be released from detention long before their parents criminal proceeding are completed.

Some try to justify the administration policy by pointing out that people convicted of crimes are often imprisoned in ways that keep them apart from their children. But, in such cases, the children are left in the custody of relatives or guardians chosen by the family, not housed in harsh detention facilities.
Apples to oranges. First off, for most crimes, it is rare for both parents to be arrested. Even then, CPS can easily locate relatives or emergency foster care. That is simply impossible when apprehending large groups of illegals in the middle of the desert. Second, Somin falsely equates the long-term outcome of a domestic conviction with the short-term contingencies of arrest under atypical conditions.

If the government started rounding up small-time marijuana users or violators of speeding laws, putting them into pretrial detention, and separating them from minor children who are then placed in confinement under cruel conditions, there would be an outcry. Few, if any, would seriously claim that the policy is justified because it strengthens enforcement of drug and traffic laws.
Another false equivalency. DUIs are detained, and if accompanied by children with no other adult present, those children are taken.

First-time illegal entry into the United States is a mere misdemeanor carrying a penalty (up to 6 months imprisonment or a small fine) lower than the penalty for possession of small amounts of marijuana (1 year). The relative penalties suggest that federal law considers the latter a more serious offense than the former. Yet not even hard-core drug warriors like Sessions urge the federal government to adopt a "zero tolerance" policy under which we routinely prosecute all small-time marijuana users. In practice, the feds only target a tiny fraction of them. And when they do, they don't separate their children from them, and detain the children under harsh conditions.
The two offenses are in no way comparable. The possession of pot was for the purpose of a one-time high enjoyed in private. The illegal crossing of the border was for the purpose of beginning years of illegally residing, illegally working, and illegally receiving public services. When released, the pothead returns home and eagerly shows up a court to be done with it. The illegal immigrant disappears into a new country (ours), never shows up for court, and has effectively completed their crime.

Not every law is just. Some, at least, are so unjust that there is no moral obligation to obey them. For example, there is widespread agreement that civil rights activists were justified in violating segregation laws, and abolitionists in violating the Fugitive Slave Acts. Violation of these laws was just because they inflicted grave harm on innocent people based on morally irrelevant characteristics: race and ancestry. Much the same is true of many of our immigration laws.
Push a leftie long enough to explain their outrage, and it inevitably comes down to this: they hate immigration laws, and want to throw open our borders to anyone (though preferably 'brown', to assuage their White Guilt) who 'just wants to make a better life for themselves.'

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

There's no clear break between the alt-right and the far right but there is an intelligent, rational and principled right out there who face the same problems as the intelligent, rational left, in that their voices are drowned out by paranoid, screaming narcissists and control freaks.

I'm happy to engage with those people but I won't fake respect I don't feel towards the fucking lunatic fringe and I'm disappointed that the skeptic community failed to learn the lession of the SJW invasion by welcoming in the identitarian right. Sure, you can use syphilis to fight malaria but you still need to cure that syphilis before it fucks up your brain.

As to UKIP, I actually think the UK does need a libertarian party but they're not it. There's a strong libertarian argument for Brexit but they built their argument largely on controlling immigration, which is in opposition to the libertarian support for open borders. Even the promise to put money saved by pulling out of Europe into the NHS is contra fundamental libertarian principles.

Guest_3bc53337

Post by Guest_3bc53337 »

Many of the people showing up at the border are from central america. If they just wanted to escape from danger they could have stopped in Mexico. Which brings up a question: what does the Mexican government think of the people traversing Mexico to come to the US? They presumably are crossing into Mexico illegally. Are they unable to stop them or do they let them through because they aren't staying?

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Guest_3bc53337 wrote: Many of the people showing up at the border are from central america. If they just wanted to escape from danger they could have stopped in Mexico. Which brings up a question: what does the Mexican government think of the people traversing Mexico to come to the US? They presumably are crossing into Mexico illegally. Are they unable to stop them or do they let them through because they aren't staying?
They pull a France. They're not the immigrant's final destination, so they don't care. In fact, they tell the US that the caravans are coming.

The involvement of children is tragic, but we're only seeing one side of the equation really. The parents are absolutely guilty of using the kids as collateral.

Guest_3bc53337

Post by Guest_3bc53337 »

They pull a France. They're not the immigrant's final destination, so they don't care. In fact, they tell the US that the caravans are coming.
They must do something to insure that they don't stay. It is a long way from southern Mexico to the US border.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Guest_3bc53337 wrote:
They must do something to insure that they don't stay. It is a long way from southern Mexico to the US border.
Most immigrants want to reach the US. Life in Mexico isn't particularly attractive.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

comhcinc wrote:

But Sargon? You mean the long-standing, deeply entrenched pit member who has been such a prolific member of this site? That guy? Nah, nothing shady about that guy.
I don't think Sargon is a Pitizen, unless I missed the backchannel chatter.

https://media.giphy.com/media/p9rMfk0MBPIHK/giphy.gif

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I think the biggest issue that most sane people have with these kids is how the kids are being treated. When you should me pictures of little kids inside cages sitting on concrete I admit that pisses me off.

Those kids don't need to be in cages. They need beds, and they need SpongeBob and nurses and Idk fucking clowns. They need to be treated as victims because they are. They are being drugged along and are scared and frightened and not only is it good for optics, it's good for the country that these kids have a positive experience.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Since 2016! You must have him on ignore cause he is always here yakking away.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1438

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

This has to be a photoshop right?

Please tell me he isn't that dense.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Guest_3bc53337 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:28 am
Many of the people showing up at the border are from central america. If they just wanted to escape from danger they could have stopped in Mexico. Which brings up a question: what does the Mexican government think of the people traversing Mexico to come to the US? They presumably are crossing into Mexico illegally. Are they unable to stop them or do they let them through because they aren't staying?
Mexico is not exactly the safest place in the world BTW. My understanding is that economic migrants settling and/or traversing Mexico are at severe risk.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

LMAO. I am amused by this doofus. You would think he would avoid this topic, or has he already forgotten when he was "falsely accused"?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Jesse Singal on transgender and detransitioning:

When Children Say They’re Trans
Hormones? Surgery? The choices are fraught—and there are no easy answers.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ns/561749/

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

comhcinc wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Since 2016! You must have him on ignore cause he is always here yakking away.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1438
I think he might have laid a pipe in one of his guests.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

AndrewV69 wrote:
LMAO. I am amused by this doofus. You would think he would avoid this topic, or has he already forgotten when he was "falsely accused"?
IIRC, he wasn't formally accused, because he used the Zoooooom Manoeuvre.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

BAFTA Introduces New Diversity Requirement to Film Awards

Films entered into two British film categories at next year’s EE British Academy Film Awards must now meet BFI Diversity Standards

The British Academy of Film and Television Arts has today confirmed its new eligibility requirement for the British film categories at the EE British Academy Film Awards in 2019.

First announced in 2016 following consultation with the BFI and a range of industry professionals, all entries into two British film categories – Outstanding British Film and Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer – will now be required to meet at least two of the four BFI Diversity Standards, as BAFTA continues to take a leading role in increasing diversity in front of and behind the camera.

Marc Samuelson, Chair of BAFTA’s Film Committee, said: “I am immensely proud of BAFTAs commitment to diversity across all its activities which support an open, accessible and inclusive industry. By embracing these standards for awards recognition we can build on the work already being done to improve representation, whilst maintaining BAFTAs standards of excellence for British film.”

Amanda Nevill, CEO of the BFI, said: “Following a successful pilot we’re delighted BAFTA is formally incorporating this eligibility criteria – it demonstrates our shared commitment to creating a more representative UK industry. We want to encourage, educate and support the industry to embed the Diversity Standards across all decision making, which will bring real and lasting change needed to allow the UK’s screen industries to benefit from the cultural and commercial benefits that real inclusion brings.”

The BFI Diversity Standards are a framework for measuring inclusion and representation. Designed in consultation with the film industry, they encourage everyone across the film value chain, particularly filmmakers, producers and distributors, to make meaningful changes to their projects to become more inclusive and as a result opening up more opportunities for people from all walks of life to watch and make films.

In adopting the BFI Diversity Standards within its rules for the EE British Academy Film Awards, BAFTA intends to encourage a more representative and inclusive UK film industry.

The Standards focus on under-represented groups across four areas:

A: On-screen representation, themes & narratives
B: Project leadership & creative practitioners
C: Industry access & opportunities
D: Opportunities for diversity in audience development

From 2019, entries for Outstanding British Film and Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer will be accepted if they can demonstrate their film has addressed and improved inclusion and representation in at least two of these areas.

The areas of under-representation the Standards address are all the protected characteristics from the Equality Act 2010, as they pertain to the act. These are gender, gender identity, age, carers (including working parents), pregnancy/maternity, disability, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation and marriage/civil partnerships. The Standards also seek to address under-representation of people from lower socio-economic groups and ensure wide regional participation.
http://www.bafta.org/media-centre/press ... ilm-awards

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Peterast.png
(587.52 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

"Peterast"? Is Myers using that term to describe Peterson's fans because it sounds like pederast?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I wonder who attracts the most child rapists, Peterson or Myers? And who's fans would offer up their own children to a paedo out of sympathy?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

IIRC, he wasn't formally accused, because he used the Zoooooom Manoeuvre.
Getting a hearing from a university committee is not easy, because as we all know university administrators would rather bury problems than expose them to the light.

P*

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

katamari Damassi

Sulman wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:38 am
Guest_3bc53337 wrote: Many of the people showing up at the border are from central america. If they just wanted to escape from danger they could have stopped in Mexico. Which brings up a question: what does the Mexican government think of the people traversing Mexico to come to the US? They presumably are crossing into Mexico illegally. Are they unable to stop them or do they let them through because they aren't staying?

The involvement of children is tragic, but we're only seeing one side of the equation really. The parents are absolutely guilty of using the kids as collateral.
Is be happy if they put those immigrants on buses and drove them to Canada. Trudeau is a humanitarian, he'd take them in. Right?

katamari Damassi

Sulman wrote:

Is be happy if they put those immigrants on buses and drove them to Canada. Trudeau is a humanitarian, he'd take them in. Right?

katamari Damassi

Sorry about the DP pyt. I should've asked consent first.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tigzy wrote: As for Sarg and Dank joining UKIP - I dunno, it just looks like some sort of wanky, disappearing-up-your-own-arse trolling op to me. They've gone from being the Ramones to being Emerson, Lake and Palmer, but without the cool Giger shit.
That sums it up perfectly! :clap:

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

John D wrote: This is a very good discussion.... IMHO.
Yes worth watching (Sue B almost gets to the crux of some of his dubious religious stuff) and reminds me what pisses me off about Peterson (among other things)
1. JD makes sweeping statement like the West is all brilliant hunky dory and "nothing like an African dictatorship".
Someone (who has done some homework) makes contrasting factual point, eg the high incarceration rate of the US , JD immediately concedes the point which contradicts his gospel (that things are are as black white as he suggests) and changes subject.
2. When asked if he believes in God, he says "depends what you mean by belief or God"
Interviewers don't seem to pin him down on definitions, his, or theirs OK , JD what the fuck do you mean by God, or do you believe in omniscient all powerful intelligent deity and creator of the universe or NOT
and he talks about "souls" yet he gets a free pass on this term (and others ) without defining it .

The moderator in this one (presumably a Christian) didnt do much, as I said before, JD needs better interviewers /chairs to pin him down.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote: I wonder who attracts the most child rapists, Peterson or Myers? And who's fans would offer up their own children to a paedo out of sympathy?
Well I know which one has the body type to convincingly play a giant adult baby. So that must factor in somehow.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

MarcusAu wrote:
Shatterface wrote: I wonder who attracts the most child rapists, Peterson or Myers? And who's fans would offer up their own children to a paedo out of sympathy?
Well I know which one has the body type to convincingly play a giant adult baby. So that must factor in somehow.
Time to earn your Pit Art Master tag...

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

You heard about these "Racism Watchdogs" on Twitter, which has a dog saying "woof", at racist tweets, and stuff? Well, one of the more followed ones had to delete a tweet, because it forgot that black people can't be racist. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote: .... there is an intelligent, rational and principled right out there ...
Who fulfills this definition - per your standards?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote: I think he might have laid a pipe in one of his guests.
I fear Kirb’s “liberalist” tendencies predated 2016.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Shatterface wrote: I think he might have laid a pipe in one of his guests.
I fear Kirb’s “liberalist” tendencies predated 2016.
Yeah, defending liberal democracy and its principles from dangerous authoritarian drifts on all sides, what an awful idea.

Ethno-nationalism is The Way Of The Future.

Hell, why not go full Dugin and support a regime based on "fascist fascism". I'm sure it'll all turn out fine if we just have a genocide of lib-tards,

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Shatterface wrote: .... there is an intelligent, rational and principled right out there ...
Angela Merkel. :lol:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Sulman wrote:

You've been listening to Brive's Nazi friends instead of the facts. The illegal migrants that can't make a successful refugee claim (that is most of them, probably all of the ones that are doing border crossing recently) will be sent back after being processed. Unfortunately, with appeals the process can take a long time. I guess one of the differences is that so far Canada has been housing families in barracks type facilities without breaking up families with children.
A fair amount of the problem that I see the US has in controlling the border has been self inflicted with a half century or more of businesses and employers hiring people they know are illegal without any consequences. The economy of the US is somewhat dependent on the illegal labor force now. Businesses in Canada don't get away with that so someone that sneaks into the country finds themselves without a way to make a living unless they go career criminal, and typically they get caught and sent back before too long.
So don't send us your problems, we're getting enough grief from that cunt Trump already.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote:
I'd say anyone who wants to argue the merits of a free market over socialism, or the virtues of standing on your own two feet over welfare, might be worthy of debating with, while a drooling dickwit ranting about white genocide and secret trials to lock white people up in cells furnished only with prayer mats with the express intention of having them murdered would fall outside of any reasonable definition of intelligent, rational or principled.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Jesus, it's not even like I spend much time here having a go at Theresa May or Nigel Farage, who are pretty right wing by British standards, it's just that some people have gone off the rails entirely with their white nationalist shit. They're far further to the right than the SJWs are to the left.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

A friend & co-worker of mine, age 25, just got hired by the company producing ex-mayor Bloomberg's million-dollar annual party on Randall's island, between Manhattan & Queens.

Her bosses are two stocky older no-makeup shorthair women, in baggy t-shirts, with lots of keys on their belts. One lesbian, one not. In theory, I respect women whose commitment to equality with men includes forfeiting the female advantage of attractive feminine grooming/ risking falling in social status to the level of physically-unattractive men. In practice, the same women often indulge --bigtime-- in dubious feminine social behaviors, which can stink-up a workplace as bad as the hairspray & cheap perfume they've renounced.

Yesterday was my friend's first day & she mentioned a minor confusion involving lunch break. They're working in a warehouse. The older women picked a place to order food from, & took everyone's order. My friend picked a meal, expecting the company to pay for it. When the food arrived, the bosses asked for her to cough-up cash, which she didn't have. She was very embarrassed.

To me, this dimly-flickered a warning light. I told her so. I told her I've experienced hens like this, who are deeply attached to the idea of everyone eating together, everyone getting food from the same place-- as if spending your lunch break alone, or choosing your own food, was a betrayal to the group. But the hens are also not generous about paying for their choices... they want you or the company to subsidize their intrusive choices. The similar hens I've encountered-- went so far as to order a giant box of maxipads... and place it on the break table, next to the snacks, as a political statement about how such-things should be provided free by the government, or the employer, or somebody-not-themselves.

I also suspected the older women might avoid sharing information-- a big-picture overview of the job-- intentionally failing to train my friend to do her job autonomously-- so that the hens could sit on their asses telling my friend what to do-- one instruction at at time-- using my friend as their 'hands', to do the lifting & grunt work.

My friend wasn't happy with my opinion. She worried I was being a cranky curmudgeon & dragging my politics into a place where it isn't relevant. So I shut up.

Today, she wrote-back to me...

https://i.imgur.com/Lemk4rU.png

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Yeah, defending liberal democracy and its principles from dangerous authoritarian drifts on all sides, what an awful idea.

Ethno-nationalism is The Way Of The Future.
I think now would be a good time for you to define the terms you casually throw about.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

In 100 words or less.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
I'd say anyone who wants to argue the merits of a free market over socialism, or the virtues of standing on your own two feet over welfare, might be worthy of debating with, while a drooling dickwit ranting about white genocide and secret trials to lock white people up in cells furnished only with prayer mats with the express intention of having them murdered would fall outside of any reasonable definition of intelligent, rational or principled.
Ah. Didn’t take you as a Molyneux man.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

You've been listening to Brive's Nazi friends instead of the facts. The illegal migrants that can't make a successful refugee claim (that is most of them, probably all of the ones that are doing border crossing recently) will be sent back after being processed. Unfortunately, with appeals the process can take a long time. I guess one of the differences is that so far Canada has been housing families in barracks type facilities without breaking up families with children.
A fair amount of the problem that I see the US has in controlling the border has been self inflicted with a half century or more of businesses and employers hiring people they know are illegal without any consequences. The economy of the US is somewhat dependent on the illegal labor force now. Businesses in Canada don't get away with that so someone that sneaks into the country finds themselves without a way to make a living unless they go career criminal, and typically they get caught and sent back before too long.
So don't send us your problems, we're getting enough grief from that cunt Trump already.
[/quote]

Is it legal to cross into Canada at a non designated border crossing? If not is it ‘a thing’ to be able to claim asylum having so crossed? I feel these are essential points to clear up.