There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
ConcentratedH2O, OM

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Tigzy wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Pork meat is expensive and a potential health hazard.
I've often been curious about the prohibition on pork in Judaism and islam. The health-hazard bit doesn't really wash when there's no similar prohibition on chicken, which is even more hazardous than pork when undercooked. There's also this idea that a pig is a dirty animal - in which case, try sheep, which are prone to flystrike and tend to have accumulations of matted shit around the nether regions; 'dag', as Brive's ethnic kin refer to it. No prohibition on mutton though. Too expensive - well, maybe. But shouldn't the expensive itself serve as prohibition enough, without getting all religious about it?

In God is Not Great, Hitch put forward the suggestion that the prohibition on pork might be down to the fact that human flesh smells like pork when it burns, thus incurring an ancient taboo which persisted, even though its origins became lost over time. All in all it's a bit fucking weird and illogical really, but hey, that's religion for you.
I always thought it was because of a fluke which lives in pig muscle and - because of our similarities - thrives in us also. It was/is prevalent in the Middle East.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

And perhaps as christians moved away from the area it became less of a problem so they dropped the prohibition.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Their seems to be a shift away from the unhealthy theory for the reasons you point out, to the idea that around the time that dietary restrictions started to be imposed raising chickens became more common in the middle east. They provide eggs, produce more protein per unit of feed, and more importantly for arid countries need less water.
But that again presupposes that their is a logical reason for it.
Indeed. But that's really just an extension of the expense argument - that if pigs were too expensive or difficult to raise, then why the religious prohibition? Why not just say, 'Nah, don't bother with pigs, too much hassle when other livestock is cheaper and easier to farm.'

In any case, it certainly betrays the desert parochialism of those religions. Contrast Europe, where plenty of water and the fact that pigs will eat any old shit meant that a pig was a cheap animal to rear and offered a high meat yield. So much so that there was often surplus enough to deliver all the preservation techniques, such as curing and smoking, which pork is famed for.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Shatterface wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:19 am
What I find interesting in Reason's take on immigration is they try to apply their Keep the State Out of It philosophy consistently and this pisses off the commentators below attracted to the site by their anti-SJW stance. A lot of people on the Right just can't imagine a Right that isn't anti-immigration, anti-abortion, anti-drug legislation, etc. just as the Left can't imagine a Left that isn't anti-free speech, anti-white, or anti-male.
I’m not sure I’d call Reason right, in the strictest sense. Or at least points to the false choice between “left” and “right”. They’re libertarian. Within libertarianism, there has been a big ‘war’ over the idea of open borders. I could really only agree to open borders if there was no welfare state, but I think the welfare state has some benefit and that requires having strong control over the borders in order to prevent parasitism.

Here’s a POC making the argument, so I must listen and believe:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tigzy wrote: In any case, it certainly betrays the desert parochialism of those religions. Contrast Europe, where plenty of water and the fact that pigs will eat any old shit meant that a pig was a cheap animal to rear and offered a high meat yield. So much so that there was often surplus enough to deliver all the preservation techniques, such as curing and smoking, which pork is famed for.
And pigs have been China's preferred meat animal since forever. It seems it's just the Abrahamic weirdos who have a problem with it.

I just looked at one of those apologetics sites where they'll insist all sorts of ad hoc-ery is truth (as long a Islam wins) and they say one reason is because pigs have no neck and therefore cannot be killed the halaal way.

They also say 1 in 6 Americans and Canadians have trichinosis from pork eating :D

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: And perhaps as christians moved away from the area it became less of a problem so they dropped the prohibition.
There was never really a prohibition on pork in Christian scripture anyway, other than OT references which were superceded by Christ's decree that it's not what goes into a man that is unclean, but what comes out of him.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Ape+lust wrote: I just looked at one of those apologetics sites where they'll insist all sorts of ad hoc-ery is truth (as long a Islam wins) and they say one reason is because pigs have no neck and therefore cannot be killed the halaal way.

They also say 1 in 6 Americans and Canadians have trichinosis from pork eating :D
Islam has no basis at all to argue for the health benefits of halal, considering than muslims - unlike Jews - can eat shellfish, which really, really do need to be fully cooked before consumption. (and yeah, I know - oysters. Fuck that shit, not worth the risk, particularly for a food which looks like a martian's miscarriage).

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Ape+lust wrote: And pigs have been China's preferred meat animal since forever. It seems it's just the Abrahamic weirdos who have a problem with it.
Funnily enough, the Chinese will eat any old shit as well. Just google 'century eggs' for starters. If some sort of apocalypse should wipe all all livestock on earth and humanity descends into cannibalism, farming the Chinese might be the way to go. 'Bernard Matthews Chinky twizzlers - farm fresh Chinese, from soy sauce to soylent green. They're bootiful!'

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tigzy wrote: Funnily enough, the Chinese will eat any old shit as well. Just google 'century eggs' for starters. If some sort of apocalypse should wipe all all livestock on earth and humanity descends into cannibalism, farming the Chinese might be the way to go. 'Bernard Matthews Chinky twizzlers - farm fresh Chinese, from soy sauce to soylent green. They're bootiful!'
:lol:

"No, no Chinky Twizzlers for you, young man. You haven't even touched your Muscato."

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Ape+lust wrote:
Tigzy wrote: Funnily enough, the Chinese will eat any old shit as well. Just google 'century eggs' for starters. If some sort of apocalypse should wipe all all livestock on earth and humanity descends into cannibalism, farming the Chinese might be the way to go. 'Bernard Matthews Chinky twizzlers - farm fresh Chinese, from soy sauce to soylent green. They're bootiful!'

"No, no Chinky Twizzlers for you, young man. You haven't even touched your Muscato."
https://i.imgur.com/brHNFT3.jpg

ConcentratedH2O, OM

And because...

Nah, there's ever a reason needed for this tub of grease:

https://i.imgur.com/Sdl84Tx.png

https://i.imgur.com/brHNFT3.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:26 am
Lsuoma wrote: Yeah, well there looks like there's something called Brive1987 Derangement Syndrome here too. Wanna have your kids locked up with Oggie?
Ah. Poor Brive. He works so hard at being an annoying cunt and all those libtards just can't appreciate it.
Shut my eyes for two seconds and I find Australian has turned bilingual. Just like Canada.

Only different.

http://i.imgur.com/cbolEzD.jpg

Taken today at Central Station.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: And because...

Nah, there's ever a reason needed for this tub of grease:

https://i.imgur.com/Sdl84Tx.png
https://imgur.com/q9ihmYu.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Tigzy wrote:
Ape+lust wrote: I just looked at one of those apologetics sites where they'll insist all sorts of ad hoc-ery is truth (as long a Islam wins) and they say one reason is because pigs have no neck and therefore cannot be killed the halaal way.

Islam has no basis at all to argue for the health benefits of halal, considering than muslims - unlike Jews - can eat shellfish, which really, really do need to be fully cooked before consumption. (and yeah, I know - oysters. Fuck that shit, not worth the risk, particularly for a food which looks like a martian's miscarriage).
As for oysters, we have really good quality delicious Pacific oysters right on my doorstep. I've eaten them for years with no problem, but then I've only rarely eaten them raw and mainly cook them well. The waters around here have been producing oysters for the market that likes raw oysters and only lately has had problems with contamination. I've always preferred well cooked anyway.
Clams, on the other hand need to be harvested with a bit more caution. Some of the larger, longer lived species in particular can accumulate toxins from some of the plankton they eat that aren't eliminated by cooking. In spite of that, the indigenindians that have lived here have left thousands of years of shell middens that have clearly supported a lot of people eating those same clams.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: And perhaps as christians moved away from the area it became less of a problem so they dropped the prohibition.
There were so-called jewish-christians, led by James, but they got wiped out. The rest of the christians were already pig-eaters when they became christians.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Shatterface wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:34 am
Anyone watched November 13: Attack in Paris yet? Wondering what Netflix documentary to binge on next.
Just finished watching Unsolved, a docudrama about the murders of Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smalls, and can highly recommend it. While it's a docudrama and not a documentary, the uncanny resemblance of most of the actors to the real-life people they're playing gives it a documentary feel. Acting and pacing (across 3 timelines) are both superb, although it probably could have been edited down to 8 episodes rather than 10 without losing anything.

If you like true crime, there's also The Staircase. It's fascinating and very well made, but my one big gripe with it after doing further study of the case is that it's biased to the point of not disclosing some of the most damaging evidence against the accused. The documentary would lead you to believe there's at least reasonable doubt, but in actuality, the balance of evidence against the accused is very strong despite some malfeasance on the part of an FBI expert witness.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Kirbmarc wrote:

If this is true you should love the traditional Chinese work ethic and approach to social issues.

What Australia needs is more Chinese influence to teach the unruly whites how to respect their elders and accept their place in the natural social order.
That's been experience in Canada, which is probably the only country in the world where the immigrant vote is more right-wing/conservative than the native vote.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Tigzy wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Pork meat is expensive and a potential health hazard.
I've often been curious about the prohibition on pork in Judaism and islam. The health-hazard bit doesn't really wash when there's no similar prohibition on chicken, which is even more hazardous than pork when undercooked. There's also this idea that a pig is a dirty animal - in which case, try sheep, which are prone to flystrike and tend to have accumulations of matted shit around the nether regions; 'dag', as Brive's ethnic kin refer to it. No prohibition on mutton though. Too expensive - well, maybe. But shouldn't the expensive itself serve as prohibition enough, without getting all religious about it?

In God is Not Great, Hitch put forward the suggestion that the prohibition on pork might be down to the fact that human flesh smells like pork when it burns, thus incurring an ancient taboo which persisted, even though its origins became lost over time. All in all it's a bit fucking weird and illogical really, but hey, that's religion for you.
Anthropologist Marvin Harris addressed the topic in his book Cows, Pigs, Wars, and Witches. He argued that there were practical reasons related to the environment and economy for prohibitions against pork in the mid-east, and beef in the sub-continent.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:34 am
Anyone watched November 13: Attack in Paris yet? Wondering what Netflix documentary to binge on next.
Just finished watching Unsolved, a docudrama about the murders of Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smalls, and can highly recommend it. While it's a docudrama and not a documentary, the uncanny resemblance of most of the actors to the real-life people they're playing gives it a documentary feel. Acting and pacing (across 3 timelines) are both superb, although it probably could have been edited down to 8 episodes rather than 10 without losing anything.

If you like true crime, there's also The Staircase. It's fascinating and very well made, but my one big gripe with it after doing further study of the case is that it's biased to the point of not disclosing some of the most damaging evidence against the accused. The documentary would lead you to believe there's at least reasonable doubt, but in actuality, the balance of evidence against the accused is very strong despite some malfeasance on the part of an FBI expert witness.
I watched the Staircase and really enjoyed it though it made me furious at the prosecutors and the judge because of all of the anal sex references even though it didn't happen and was irrelevant. It was introduced by the prosecutors to disgust a jury made up of North Carolina shitkickers. I serious think he was found guilty based on homophobia.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:26 am
Lsuoma wrote: Yeah, well there looks like there's something called Brive1987 Derangement Syndrome here too. Wanna have your kids locked up with Oggie?
Ah. Poor Brive. He works so hard at being an annoying cunt and all those libtards just can't appreciate it.
Shut my eyes for two seconds and I find Australian has turned bilingual. Just like Canada.

Only different.

http://i.imgur.com/cbolEzD.jpg

Taken today at Central Station.
You should pass a law that mandates that all signs should be in English and Abo and those scripts should be more prominent than that other scribbly crap.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Speaking of signs - and portents - in foreign language. I did spot one in English and another in Polish at a nearby church asking loiterers to move on. (Nothing seen in Urdu though).

There was even an article about this very thing from back in 2011.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religi ... ggars.html

feathers

Post by feathers »

Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:21 pm
Their seems to be a shift away from the unhealthy theory for the reasons you point out, to the idea that around the time that dietary restrictions started to be imposed raising chickens became more common in the middle east. They provide eggs, produce more protein per unit of feed, and more importantly for arid countries need less water.
All it takes is a single influential guru who manages to convince his followers that he had a meeting with the Devil in the form of a pig and there you have your taboo, ready to stay for a few thousand years.

Also, why does Islam consider dogs unclean while Christianity seems to have embraced the critter as one of the most useful domestic animals, only surpassed by the horse?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If the pig taboo was based on health considerations we'd have religious restrictions on chickens too.

Pretty much any farm animal can carry zoonoses: cows, sheep, goats, duck, etc.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Tigzy wrote: Funnily enough, the Chinese will eat any old shit as well.
There's quite a bit on Chinese eating habits in Spillover, the book on zoonosis I read a few months back. The markets are full of weird shit. Unlike Africa it isn't down to poverty and having to eat what you can find: it's a yuppie thing. It was one of the factors in the SARS outbreak.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

THE father of the Honduran girl in the pink jacket who became a symbol of the “family separation” controversy engulfing the Trump administration has revealed she was never separated from her mother at the US border.
In an interview with The Daily Mail, the girl’s father Denis Hernandez, 32, said he had not heard from his wife for three weeks until he saw the image of Ms Sanchez and their daughter online. Mr Hernandez said he had not yet spoken to his wife but had been told they were being detained together at a family residential centre and were doing “fine”.
Mr Hernandez said his wife had previously talked about going to the US for a “better future” and to experience the “American dream”, but did not tell anyone she was planning to make the trek.
Fuck fake news. Fuck Time.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

You should pass a law that mandates that all signs should be in English and Abo and those scripts should be more prominent than that other scribbly crap.
Maybe. In a sane world the issue wouldn’t even arise.

I escaped Sydney for the weekend and we are in Melb. Can’t be any worse.

:bjarte:

http://i.imgur.com/o1Wq67u.jpg

Keating

Post by Keating »

It isn't Canberra that Australians should hate on, it's Melbourne. Canberra should be second.

John D

Post by John D »

feathers wrote:
Their seems to be a shift away from the unhealthy theory for the reasons you point out, to the idea that around the time that dietary restrictions started to be imposed raising chickens became more common in the middle east. They provide eggs, produce more protein per unit of feed, and more importantly for arid countries need less water.
All it takes is a single influential guru who manages to convince his followers that he had a meeting with the Devil in the form of a pig and there you have your taboo, ready to stay for a few thousand years.

Also, why does Islam consider dogs unclean while Christianity seems to have embraced the critter as one of the most useful domestic animals, only surpassed by the horse?
The best theory I have read is simply that there were different groups of people... tribes perhaps... that had different lifestyles. These tribes competed for land and the leaders competed to grow their tribe. Clearly, the ancient Jews were herdsmen and raised cattle and lamb. Their lifestyle didn't really fit with raising pigs. So the old Jews were trying to instruct their tribe members not to mix with the competing people. They used the idea that their enemies were unclean.... like filthy animals. Makes the most sense to me.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

John D wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:59 am
feathers wrote:

The best theory I have read is simply that there were different groups of people... tribes perhaps... that had different lifestyles. These tribes competed for land and the leaders competed to grow their tribe. Clearly, the ancient Jews were herdsmen and raised cattle and lamb. Their lifestyle didn't really fit with raising pigs. So the old Jews were trying to instruct their tribe members not to mix with the competing people. They used the idea that their enemies were unclean.... like filthy animals. Makes the most sense to me.
The Texas range wars for instance.

John D

Post by John D »

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Ape+lust wrote:

How can you have any Chinky Twizzlers when you haven't eaten your Muscato?
iu.jpeg
(43.82 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

feathers wrote: Also, why does Islam consider dogs unclean while Christianity seems to have embraced the critter as one of the most useful domestic animals, only surpassed by the horse?
Islam does have some leeway when it comes to dogs, in that muslims are allowed to own one provided it is used solely as a working animal. Hence you will find the occasional muslim dog owner who'll claim her spoilt shih-tzu or poodle is a guard dog.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

The #MeToo-ing of Junot Díaz and The Assault on Truth
Instead, Machado has dug in her heels (albeit conceding that she is “not a victim of Junot Díaz” but merely “a female writer who had a weird interaction with him”). In a new tweetstorm on June 6, she complained about being “gaslit” by people who said the audio did not verify her account, and suggested that those who think so “aren’t the best at reading subtext.” She insisted that “the audio doesn’t reflect body language or atmosphere” or capture the tension in the room, evidenced by “the occasional nervous laughter that pops up from the audience.” There is in fact laughter from the audience at a couple of points, but “nervous”? If anyone here is “gaslighting,” it’s Machado herself (“who are you going to believe, me or that lying audio?”). Imagine the derisive reaction if, say, Sarah Huckabee Sanders had tried “it’s the body language” spin to explain away an audio that blatantly contradicted her claim of abusive behavior by a journalist.

3. Apparently, the new post-#MeToo rules when women accuse men of sexist misconduct are:

If it’s he said/she said, believe the woman.

If there is actual evidence refuting the woman’s account, treat it as “he said/she said” or as “her truth.” (Or maybe put your hands over your ears and chant very loudly: believe the women believe the women believe the women.)

And if the man is investigated and cleared, always treat him as an abuser who got a break.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

MarcusAu wrote: I thought by now everyone would have seen this clip. If he's trying to be cagey - he's really not trying hard enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIB05YeMiW8

Also I believe at the Dillihunty discussion someone asked if god would exist if there were no humans (or sentient life) - and he was not about to answer. If seems pretty clear who he thinks created whom - even if he does not want to admit it (perhaps even to himself).

In the past Peterson has called himself an atheist - but I think he gave it up for lent. Or because he wanted the comfort of faith (or he had faith in faith). Something like that.
He may be one of Dennett's believers in belief. That's why I would ask him 'Do you pray?' and after the expected waffle, follow up with "Do you expect your prayers to be heard?' Just trying to get the answer required, which is an indicator of whether he believes in a creator-god who made us all, although that still wouldn't preclude him being a deist. Perhaps a third question is needed (and maybe it's a better question than the first two); 'Do you believe the universe and its contents arose through purely natural and undirected reasons?' As to why I should care about his answers - it's related to how much I should respect his intellect.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:04 am

He may be one of Dennett's believers in belief. That's why I would ask him 'Do you pray?' and after the expected waffle, follow up with "Do you expect your prayers to be heard?' Just trying to get the answer required, which is an indicator of whether he believes in a creator-god who made us all, although that still wouldn't preclude him being a deist. Perhaps a third question is needed (and maybe it's a better question than the first two); 'Do you believe the universe and its contents arose through purely natural and undirected reasons?' As to why I should care about his answers - it's related to how much I should respect his intellect.
Ah, but praying may just be role play requiring an (imaginary) character for a dialog, which must be gone through in order your thoughts.

It does not necessary indicate 'belief' in a traditional way.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

feathers wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:30 pm
Shatterface wrote: Pretty much any farm animal can carry zoonoses: cows, sheep, goats, duck, etc.
My dog has no zoonose!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: He may be one of Dennett's believers in belief. That's why I would ask him 'Do you pray?' and after the expected waffle, follow up with "Do you expect your prayers to be heard?'
When I was back there in seminary school, there was person there who put forth the proposition that you can petition the Lord with prayer.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

MarcusAu wrote:
screwtape wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:04 am

Ah, but praying may just be role play requiring an (imaginary) character for a dialog, which must be gone through in order your thoughts.

It does not necessary indicate 'belief' in a traditional way.
Am reminded of the concept of "half belief" , eg in relation to superstiton:
"I know waking under a ladder, or the number 13 does not really cause "bad luck" but I avoid them anyway, "
-

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

John D wrote:
feathers wrote:

I have heard somewhere (and when I read over this last night I went and search and couldn't find it) is that one theory is a lot of the tribes in that area did ritual cannibalism and the Jews were trying to stand apart from that. Pig is said to taste a lot like human (or the other way around). I know the old "for health reasons" have been debunked. People everywhere were eating pig and understood how to cook it.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Move aside Melody, a new contender emerges...

Guest_3bc53337

Post by Guest_3bc53337 »

If I had PTSD from tabletop gaming the first thing I would do would be to tweet about it. It is well known that twitter is good for your mental health, and that when you give people an anonymous way to message people it is only used for to elevate humanity.

At least I think so. I don't have a twitter account so I have to assume.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
screwtape wrote: He may be one of Dennett's believers in belief. That's why I would ask him 'Do you pray?' and after the expected waffle, follow up with "Do you expect your prayers to be heard?'
When I was back there in seminary school, there was person there who put forth the proposition that you can petition the Lord with prayer.
My son sprained his ankle last week and we had to go to the emergency room for x-rays(the doctor's office machine was down).

He got them done and we were waiting to see the outcome and they had us in this little waiting room. This woman got on the phone and started offering advice including no to tell people what the person was doing because people "can pray against you". I had never heard of this concept inside of Christianity and thought just how awful.

There are people who believe in God and he will directly be swayed to either help or harm based off pray.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

It's the 'harassed by tabletop gamers' bit that gets me. I mean, how bad could being harassed by such people be? It's like being harassed by model railway enthusiasts. Imagine the horror of it - hordes of tabletop gamers gathering* outside her house, shuffling around morosely and getting all embarrased when a woman walks by. Fucking nightmare.

*And no doubt playing a wee bit o Magic the Gathering too.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tigzy wrote: It's the 'harassed by tabletop gamers' bit that gets me. I mean, how bad could being harassed by such people be? It's like being harassed by model railway enthusiasts. Imagine the horror of it - hordes of tabletop gamers gathering* outside her house, shuffling around morosely and getting all embarrased when a woman walks by. Fucking nightmare.

I am sure most of the harassment came from online sources. This is what I think about that

https://athefist.files.wordpress.com/20 ... reator.jpg

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Tigzy wrote: It's the 'harassed by tabletop gamers' bit that gets me. I mean, how bad could being harassed by such people be? It's like being harassed by model railway enthusiasts. Imagine the horror of it - hordes of tabletop gamers gathering* outside her house, shuffling around morosely and getting all embarrased when a woman walks by. Fucking nightmare.

I'd imagine the stench coming from some of those big old boys that play DnD could be considered harassment. And the crispy sound of their thighs scraping across each other as they lumber around.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If I was prepared to 'spend thousands of dollars on therapy' I'm sure I could find a therapist that would diagnosed me with absolutely anything that would prolong my need for treatment.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

The 'pig meat is unhealthy' story is as convincing as 'circumcision prevents knob cancer'. It's a post-hoc explanation for something that's done just because other people do it and nobody wants to be the first to stop.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote: If I was prepared to 'spend thousands of dollars on therapy' I'm sure I could find a therapist that would diagnosed me with absolutely anything that would prolong my need for treatment.
You'd have to be crazy to do something like that.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Shatterface wrote: The 'pig meat is unhealthy' story is as convincing as 'circumcision prevents knob cancer'. It's a post-hoc explanation for something that's done just because other people do it and nobody wants to be the first to stop.
I can assure you that I will not be to first to stop eating BBQ.

free thoughtpolice

commie wrote:
I have heard somewhere (and when I read over this last night I went and search and couldn't find it) is that one theory is a lot of the tribes in that area did ritual cannibalism and the Jews were trying to stand apart from that. Pig is said to taste a lot like human (or the other way around). I know the old "for health reasons" have been debunked. People everywhere were eating pig and understood how to cook it.
So you're saying there was ritual cannibalism before folks went Catholic and switched to symbolic cannibalism?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Shatterface wrote: The 'pig meat is unhealthy' story is as convincing as 'circumcision prevents knob cancer'. It's a post-hoc explanation for something that's done just because other people do it and nobody wants to be the first to stop.
Did you hear the latest? They've only gone and dressed Tommy Robinson in a Lady GaGa-esque bacon suit and throw him into D-Wing, which is where all the muzzie prisoners are kept. And the screws have been witholding all halal food for a week, so they're starving and right now there's a scouse shoplifter who's Facebook livestreaming Tommy (PBUH) being eaten alive by snarling Paki pedos.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

free thoughtpolice wrote: commie wrote:
So you're saying there was ritual cannibalism before folks went Catholic and switched to symbolic cannibalism?
https://i.imgur.com/gsC7Kfd.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

comhcinc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: When I was back there in seminary school, there was person there who put forth the proposition that you can petition the Lord with prayer.
My son sprained his ankle last week and we had to go to the emergency room for x-rays(the doctor's office machine was down).

He got them done and we were waiting to see the outcome and they had us in this little waiting room. This woman got on the phone and started offering advice including no to tell people what the person was doing because people "can pray against you". I had never heard of this concept inside of Christianity and thought just how awful.

There are people who believe in God and he will directly be swayed to either help or harm based off pray.
You cannot petition the Lord with prayer!!!

(Is anyone getting this?)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:56 am
Except bagels.
As he was saying, nasty little things.
I regret having started this Schmear campaign against the Jews.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Except bagels.
Ouch. You ought to be loxed up for that pun.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

free thoughtpolice wrote: commie wrote:
Yeah and now I can't find any reference. You must of have done something to the internet. QUIT GASLIGHTING ME BEAR!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Did you hear the latest? They've only gone and dressed Tommy Robinson in a Lady GaGa-esque bacon suit and throw him into D-Wing, which is where all the muzzie prisoners are kept. And the screws have been witholding all halal food for a week, so they're starving and right now there's a scouse shoplifter who's Facebook livestreaming Tommy (PBUH) being eaten alive by snarling Paki pedos.
I do remember reading this somewhere online 5 minutes ago before I got up from my computer and got some water. It might have been on here but with that damn Canadian bear gaslighting me by changing the internet I can not say for sure.

All I know I read it happened and that's good enough for me.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

commie wrote:
I have heard somewhere (and when I read over this last night I went and search and couldn't find it)...
I believe I located your source:
History_Channel_hair.jpg
(44.19 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
.. is that one theory is a lot of the tribes in that area did ritual cannibalism and the Jews were trying to stand apart from that. Pig is said to taste a lot like human (or the other way around). I know the old "for health reasons" have been debunked. People everywhere were eating pig and understood how to cook it.
Isn't the euphemism for eating people Soylent Green "Long Pig"?

free thoughtpolice wrote: So you're saying there was ritual cannibalism before folks went Catholic and switched to symbolic cannibalism?
No.

Interestingly, though, the ancient Jews were into child sacrifice, offering burnt baby offerings to Moloch. The Abraham-Isaac story is believed to originally have been crafted to support a new no-baby-burning policy.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Except bagels.
Ouch. You ought to be loxed up for that pun.
Oh, so are you my brother's kippah?

free thoughtpolice

I don't know if you have ever got those calls from income tax scammers claiming that you owe money? It looks like the fuckers have taken it a step further and are sending fake cops to arrest people and hold them until they fork over money.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4289676/cra- ... paign=2014