There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Snapfingers

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

Post by Snapfingers »

If I had the money I would finance both parties if I could somehow stipulate that it had to be a legal battle to the end in televised court proceedings. No settlements - everything public. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
But then I'm one of those sick fucks who would welcome back bear-baiting and carnival sideshows.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
SM1957 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:51 am
Non-whites need not apply.
The BBC does not discriminate against non-whites. Some of their best friends are white

https://creativeaccess.org.uk/opportuni ... ournalist/
I don't really see a problem if they want to fill-in a spot for minorities. Phrasing might have been better.
It is really hard to phrase these racist adverts in a way that doesn't break the law.

Notice they don't care who they appoint. The only criterion is that the applicant musn't be white.

Albanians are a minority in England.

But they don't want people in a white ethnic minority. If you are white, your application is shite.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
SM1957 wrote:
The BBC does not discriminate against non-whites. Some of their best friends are white

I don't really see a problem if they want to fill-in a spot for minorities. Phrasing might have been better.
Exactly, it could have been something like "coons, slants, wogs, and non-snowflakes only".

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Sure...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Re the Michael Douglas accusation, from the BBC story:
Author and journalist Susan Braudy said Douglas's alleged treatment left her feeling "humiliated".

Her claims include that he performed a sex act in front of her.

The Hollywood star responded by saying: "This is a complete lie, fabrication, no truth in it whatsoever."

His statement came 10 days before Braudy's allegations were published in The Hollywood Reporter.

Douglas explained he "felt the need to get ahead" of the situation and share his concerns about the "nightmare" scenario.
Who does that last sentence remind you of? Little zooming going on, perhaps?

John D

Post by John D »

Here is a link to the James Dahmore Google Lawsuit.

feathers

Post by feathers »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 am
PZ Meyers throws around yet another nasty little accusation based on no evidence, claiming that Carrier probably has secret financial backers.
I think he has a point there. How on earth does Carrier remain liquid?

thanks for making an opening to kick this joke in

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

SM1957 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
SM1957 wrote:

It is really hard to phrase these racist adverts in a way that doesn't break the law.

Notice they don't care who they appoint. The only criterion is that the applicant musn't be white.

Albanians are a minority in England.

But they don't want people in a white ethnic minority. If you are white, your application is shite.
We are forced to pay for this. I think I might have to write to my MP again.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Here's how a real journalist interviews JBP:

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jor ... onsequence

feathers

Post by feathers »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:11 pm
I don't follow this stuff very closely, so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but are those styles of braids a white nationalist thing now? My daughters and their friends often do elaborate braids, but they would be unaware of any racist signalling that braids would signify. It would be a shame if they had to stop because a bunch of nutters decided it would be a spiffy white nationalist uniform/signal.
I'd give them a BDM-like outfit just to piss off their classmates.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... erbung.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

feathers wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:20 am
How on earth does Carrier remain liquid?

I think he holds it in all week for Saturday night at The Space™.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

This traineeship is only open to candidates from a black, Asian or non-white ethnic minority background
Is that legal in the UK?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I have a thing for the 70's DDR flower power look.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Fucking hell! 417 euros (that's about 14 million USD) for the motorbike's 20 000km (14 miles, I think) check up. I'm going to follow some of the hippies here and switch to a bicycle...

No.

Really?

Post by Really? »

feathers wrote:
PZ Meyers throws around yet another nasty little accusation based on no evidence, claiming that Carrier probably has secret financial backers.

In fits and spurts, depending on when he can find someone willing to make a contribution.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I had forgotten the BBC was financed by the public. My bad.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: only open to candidates from a black, Asian or non-white ethnic minority background

Seems they believe it so, as they are advertising "Training" not a "job"...others may differ.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36443113

Really?

Post by Really? »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I had forgotten the BBC was financed by the public. My bad.
I wonder what percentage of BBC revenues come from white people.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

One of our UK members of Parliament demonstrates severe lack ofcomprehension skills
and basic grammar.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

One of our UK members of Parliament demonstrates severe lack ofcomprehension skills
and basic grammar.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Posted twice cause I got a complete loss of website "error" after the first attempt.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

screwtape wrote: Here's how a real journalist interviews JBP:

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jor ... onsequence
Blatchford is one of the good ones. Fearless and no BS.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Snapfingers wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:35 am
If I had the money I would finance both parties if I could somehow stipulate that it had to be a legal battle to the end in televised court proceedings. No settlements - everything public. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
But then I'm one of those sick fucks who would welcome back bear-baiting and carnival sideshows.
Or Battle Royale, or Hunger Games! Let it come on!

dogen

Post by dogen »

A couple of pages ago, I made a comment toward the more right-leaning members of the pit (esp. John D and Vicky), asking why they weren't overly concerned with Trump's financial links to Russia. It seems the House testimony from Glenn Simpson (Fusion GPS) lays out these links in some detail. Here's a brief summary (warning: Daily Kos, feel free to ignore the comments):

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/1 ... is-a-crook

Let me put my question again: as it seems increasingly likely that Trump is financed by Russian mobsters and/or the Russian state (the two are largely interchangeable), are you not a little concerned that this could render him susceptible to their influence? ESP. Vicky, how is it you get all moist and fishy over his business acumen, when he's simply a mark for the mob?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Another rape case dropped by the CPS after two years, when new evidence emerges after an investigation the police admits was flawed:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-42745181

Really?

Post by Really? »

dogen wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:42 am
A couple of pages ago, I made a comment toward the more right-leaning members of the pit (esp. John D and Vicky), asking why they weren't overly concerned with Trump's financial links to Russia. It seems the House testimony from Glenn Simpson (Fusion GPS) lays out these links in some detail. Here's a brief summary (warning: Daily Kos, feel free to ignore the comments):

Let me put my question again: as it seems increasingly likely that Trump is financed by Russian mobsters and/or the Russian state (the two are largely interchangeable), are you not a little concerned that this could render him susceptible to their influence? ESP. Vicky, how is it you get all moist and fishy over his business acumen, when he's simply a mark for the mob?
I don't care about Trump. Lock him up. Our politicians should not have financial dealings with problematic countries. (Both 2016 candidates had this problem.)

Did the Fusion GPS people acquire this information on the DNC's dime? Is and should the FBI (and other kids Intel agencies) coordinate with a political party to screw the opposition?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Lsuoma wrote: Re the Michael Douglas accusation, from the BBC story:
Author and journalist Susan Braudy said Douglas's alleged treatment left her feeling "humiliated".

Her claims include that he performed a sex act in front of her.

The Hollywood star responded by saying: "This is a complete lie, fabrication, no truth in it whatsoever."

His statement came 10 days before Braudy's allegations were published in The Hollywood Reporter.

Douglas explained he "felt the need to get ahead" of the situation and share his concerns about the "nightmare" scenario.
Who does that last sentence remind you of? Little zooming going on, perhaps?
Fortunately for Douglas, it was filmed:

free thoughtpolice

Really wrote:
Did the Fusion GPS people acquire this information on the DNC's dime? Is and should the FBI (and other kids Intel agencies) coordinate with a political party to screw the opposition?
During the primaries a republican entity funded the inquiry, after Trump won the primary the DNC took over the funding. It was opposition research, both sides do it all the time.
When Steele saw info where he thought that Trump had been compromised by the Russians, he informed the FBI, who were already investigating the matter, unknown to him and the public. The FBI is not supposed to intervene in the election and they kept the investigation quiet until after the election, which if they had made public may have hurt Trump's campaign. A few days before the election, Comey did announce that he had reopeneed an investigation into Clinton, which many consider to have been unethical and may have interfered with the outcome of the election.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Really? wrote:
dogen wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:42 am

I don't care about Trump. Lock him up. Our politicians should not have financial dealings with problematic countries. (Both 2016 candidates had this problem.)

Glenn Simpson's testimony indicates that Fusion GPS didn't obtain this information on the DNC's dime. It also indicates that when Steele went to the FBI, to voice his concerns over the possible Russian interference in the US presidential election, the FBI were already investigating possible links between Trump and Russia. Fusion GPS was not the origin of the FBI's investigation.

Of course, you're at liberty to disbelieve Simpson's testimony. He could be lying. But if that's your stance, I'm sure you'll be backing it up with evidence.

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

Really? wrote:
feathers wrote:

In fits and spurts, depending on when he can find someone willing to make a contribution.
Still surprising that he can splash out on a law suit.

dogen

Post by dogen »

mike150160 wrote:
Really? wrote:
feathers wrote:

Still surprising that he can splash out on a law suit.
He just wants to make sure PZ et al get their come-uppance.

John D

Post by John D »

dogen wrote: A couple of pages ago, I made a comment toward the more right-leaning members of the pit (esp. John D and Vicky), asking why they weren't overly concerned with Trump's financial links to Russia. It seems the House testimony from Glenn Simpson (Fusion GPS) lays out these links in some detail. Here's a brief summary (warning: Daily Kos, feel free to ignore the comments):

I am worried about Trump fleecing us. I am hopeful that enough people hate him and are watching him that anything too bold will be noticed by legitimate reporters and politicians (not the likes of Dailykos or Representative Schiff). Schiff is a lying little fucker and I yell "Suck my dick!" at the TV every time he comes on... haha.

I also think that it is very hard for Trump to keep too many secrets. There have been so many leaks of confidential info from Trump's staff that I hope any real shenanigans will get reported.

I am pretty sure Trump doesn't owe any favors to a bunch of Russians. He seems more than willing to screw anyone if he thinks it will give him a better deal. He may well have done some "banking" in Russia, but that would be expected from a land developer. He has moved money around in many countries. I haven't seen anything to looks too awfully fishy since his election. He did stuff in Russia and so he has some kind of connection to Putin I suppose. Hell... Putin IS Russia. He controls everything. If Trump just went to Russia to play golf it would be somehow associated with Putin... if you know what I mean. Putin is inevitable if you do ANYTHING in Russia. It is a totally corrupt country.

If Trump was really totally in bed with Putin would he approve the sale of rockets to Ukraine? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/jos ... 201b6947b7

Trump is a weird guy. He says odd things, but if you listen to him for a while you can understand his meaning and his plan. Everyone says Trump has never said anything negative about Trump. This is not true. People like Sam Harris harp on this story but they are wrong. I have heard interviews with Trump where he called Putin a "bad guy".... funny how you can't find these easily on the great Google (yeah... no bias there). But, Trump also tends to leave people like Putin some room for compliments. It is really different, but Trump does this to every world leader. Hell, the other day Trump implied he had a good relationship with Kim.... haha. This is just a Trump thing. I think it is how he works with everyone.

Overall I would prefer a president that is more moral than Trump. I never liked the guy. But, I am pleased with his performance as president so far. I am really surprised I am pleased... I didn't expect to be. I didn't vote for him.

John D

Post by John D »

Also, I will say that I think the whole Russian election meddling thing is way overblown and it almost 100% political from the Dems. Look at the details.... Facebook was paid something like $150k by the Russians for ads. This is a joke. Almost anyone could scrape up this much money for ads and I dare say there is more lying coming out of "proper" political ads than anything the Russians could do. It is also clear that the ads targeted Dem and Rep positions. They seemed to mostly just be about fomenting discontent overall... which perhaps they did a bit.... but... most people are already plenty discontented. I doubt the Ruskies can really add much wood to the already blazing bonfire.

I suspect Putin is disappointed that he spent money on any ads. Since he was discovered, it really weakened his negotiating position with Western countries. It kind of backfired for him in my opinion... and I think Putin realizes this now. The overall effect has been very negative for Russia including the fact that businesses are running away from any investing there (especially since the Ukraine mess). My company had made plans to build a Russian factory a couple of years ago, but we switched to Hungary. This was before the election stuff, but I suspect it is a trend only strengthened by this last bunch of election shit.

free thoughtpolice

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Men from the Northern hemisphere dress to the left because of Coriolis forces. Fact.

KenD

Post by KenD »

InfraRedBucket wrote: One of our UK members of Parliament demonstrates severe lack ofcomprehension skills
and basic grammar.

Meanwhile, the editor of Channel 4 News doubles down on the victimhood:

Don't bother asking for evidence of the threats she supposedly received...

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:27 am
Really wrote:
During the primaries a republican entity funded the inquiry, after Trump won the primary the DNC took over the funding. It was opposition research, both sides do it all the time.
When Steele saw info where he thought that Trump had been compromised by the Russians, he informed the FBI, who were already investigating the matter, unknown to him and the public. The FBI is not supposed to intervene in the election and they kept the investigation quiet until after the election, which if they had made public may have hurt Trump's campaign. A few days before the election, Comey did announce that he had reopeneed an investigation into Clinton, which many consider to have been unethical and may have interfered with the outcome of the election.
All of the Russia stuff happened after the Clinton campaign was footing the bill.

And dogen, with all due respect, it is not up to me to dispute Simpson's evidence-free claim. (Hitchens' Razor applies.) I don't believe any of these people without evidence, regardless of party.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

KenD wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: One of our UK members of Parliament demonstrates severe lack ofcomprehension skills
and basic grammar.

Meanwhile, the editor of Channel 4 News doubles down on the victimhood:

Don't bother asking for evidence of the threats she supposedly received...
Ben de Pear liked Tweets calling Toby Young a 'cunt'. It is not abuse when it is somebody we don't approve of.

free thoughtpolice

Really wrote:
All of the Russia stuff happened after the Clinton campaign was footing the bill.
Are you sure about that? Simpson testified he had been looking into trump's Russian dealings for some time before he hired Steele to investigate further. Anyway, so what? There was nothing unethical or illegal with him investigating this and the DNC paying for it. Do you think it would have been illegal or unethical or illegal for the repubs to investigate the Clinton Foundation and their foreign connections (which they probably did).
Both sides do opposition research all the time, there is nothing controversial with it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

http://i.imgur.com/Oubrm8j.jpg

WTF

The mystery just deepened. Was it all an effort to get into SA? Is she back?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Is she at war with Lauren “Boer” Southern?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Really wrote:
Are you sure about that? Simpson testified he had been looking into trump's Russian dealings for some time before he hired Steele to investigate further. Anyway, so what? There was nothing unethical or illegal with him investigating this and the DNC paying for it. Do you think it would have been illegal or unethical or illegal for the repubs to investigate the Clinton Foundation and their foreign connections (which they probably did).
Both sides do opposition research all the time, there is nothing controversial with it.
Then why are we immersed in a Second Cold War because the woman whose campaign colluded with the Russians and Ukrainians is pissed that her opponent allegedly colluded with the Russians?

And it is annoying that Hillary and the Foundation got either no investigations or ones led by friends and confidantes. And we have an FBI in which agents set up "insurance plans" in case the other team wins.

I will care much more about all of this when the MSM bothers to investigate the Band email about Chelsea's wedding and life and how exactly the same guy at the FBI clears one candidate of charges and sets up an insurance policy to screw the other.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

following her interview with a controversial Canadian psychologist who has attracted a following among the “alt-right”.
Peterson...blah ..blah..blah..Alt-Right followers..blah..blah..blah
The combative Channel 4 interview led to praise for Peterson and criticism for Newman on some right-leaning sites

Ooh.... Right leaning sites.....like Twitter?
Peterson rose to prominence in 2016 when he released a video lecture series in which he said that his right to free speech meant he would not use gender-neutral pronouns for transgender students at the University of Toronto.

WRONG

dogen

Post by dogen »

Shatterface wrote: Men from the Northern hemisphere dress to the left because of Coriolis forces. Fact.
Only if their nutsack is larger than the Rossby radius for the Earth, which is about 1km.

So, Jordan Peterson (post Cathy Newman interview) dresses to the left.

dogen

Post by dogen »

John D wrote:
dogen wrote: A couple of pages ago, I made a comment toward the more right-leaning members of the pit (esp. John D and Vicky), asking why they weren't overly concerned with Trump's financial links to Russia. It seems the House testimony from Glenn Simpson (Fusion GPS) lays out these links in some detail. Here's a brief summary (warning: Daily Kos, feel free to ignore the comments):

I am worried about Trump fleecing us. I am hopeful that enough people hate him and are watching him that anything too bold will be noticed by legitimate reporters and politicians (not the likes of Dailykos or Representative Schiff). Schiff is a lying little fucker and I yell "Suck my dick!" at the TV every time he comes on... haha.

I also think that it is very hard for Trump to keep too many secrets. There have been so many leaks of confidential info from Trump's staff that I hope any real shenanigans will get reported.

I am pretty sure Trump doesn't owe any favors to a bunch of Russians. He seems more than willing to screw anyone if he thinks it will give him a better deal. He may well have done some "banking" in Russia, but that would be expected from a land developer. He has moved money around in many countries. I haven't seen anything to looks too awfully fishy since his election. He did stuff in Russia and so he has some kind of connection to Putin I suppose. Hell... Putin IS Russia. He controls everything. If Trump just went to Russia to play golf it would be somehow associated with Putin... if you know what I mean. Putin is inevitable if you do ANYTHING in Russia. It is a totally corrupt country.

If Trump was really totally in bed with Putin would he approve the sale of rockets to Ukraine? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/jos ... 201b6947b7

Trump is a weird guy. He says odd things, but if you listen to him for a while you can understand his meaning and his plan. Everyone says Trump has never said anything negative about Trump. This is not true. People like Sam Harris harp on this story but they are wrong. I have heard interviews with Trump where he called Putin a "bad guy".... funny how you can't find these easily on the great Google (yeah... no bias there). But, Trump also tends to leave people like Putin some room for compliments. It is really different, but Trump does this to every world leader. Hell, the other day Trump implied he had a good relationship with Kim.... haha. This is just a Trump thing. I think it is how he works with everyone.

Overall I would prefer a president that is more moral than Trump. I never liked the guy. But, I am pleased with his performance as president so far. I am really surprised I am pleased... I didn't expect to be. I didn't vote for him.
So, you could show us evidence that Trump has criticized Putin, but... but... them libruls at Google have hidden it away where you can't find it.

Jesus, man. Listen to yourself. You're pathetic.

free thoughtpolice

Really? wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Really wrote:
Then why are we immersed in a Second Cold War because the woman whose campaign colluded with the Russians and Ukrainians is pissed that her opponent allegedly colluded with the Russians?

And it is annoying that Hillary and the Foundation got either no investigations or ones led by friends and confidantes. And we have an FBI in which agents set up "insurance plans" in case the other team wins.

I will care much more about all of this when the MSM bothers to investigate the Band email about Chelsea's wedding and life and how exactly the same guy at the FBI clears one candidate of charges and sets up an insurance policy to screw the other.
I must have missed the part where the Ukrainian and Russian governments were both working to influence the election using illegally obtained such as stolen information and after approaching the Clinton campaign they worked together.
It appears the Russians hacked the DNC then took that info and disseminated it to influence the election. During that time they approached the Trump campaign so there appears to be reasonable suspicion to at least investigate collusion. If it was all so innocent why did Flynn, Kushner, Papadopoulos, Manafort , Page, and others lie about talking to the Russians?
They may not nail Trump on collusion but their may be something else like money laundering.
I don't know what you mean about Chelsea and her wedding.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

dogen wrote:
Shatterface wrote: Men from the Northern hemisphere dress to the left because of Coriolis forces. Fact.
Only if their nutsack is larger than the Rossby radius for the Earth, which is about 1km.

So, Jordan Peterson (post Cathy Newman interview) dresses to the left.
Peterson is no beta.

Really?

Post by Really? »

We have no proof the Russians hacked the DNC. The DNC did not turn over their servers.

And why would that information influence voters? Oh. Because it was evidence of scummy wrongdoing. If we are opposed to leaks, shouldn't we also be upset that the Access Hollywood tape was leaked? I am sure it cost Trump some votes.

The Democrats met with the same Russian lawyer Trump Junior did.

As for Chelsea, she was starting to ask questions about how the money flowed in the Foundation, see? She even started talking about it with Republican friends. Band and Podesta weren't happy that Connie Corleone was daring to ask how Vito was able to afford such a beautiful wedding.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/em ... 46#content

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:19 pm
Here is an archive link to PZ’s e-beg. He has added a quick exec summary of his POV in the comments.

http://archive.is/lrHMR
The first paragraph is incredibly stupid and illogical, so very much worth reading.

The last paragraph gives the name "Defense against Carrier SLAPP Suit fund," which I found amusing, as Carrier's suit isn't even close to being a SLAPP.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Really? wrote: We have no proof the Russians hacked the DNC. The DNC did not turn over their servers.
[/qoute]

The US intelligence community seems to disagree with you:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/26/us/2016-p ... index.html

But fuck, what do they know? You're clearly have a masterful overview of the facts, and are the more-reliable source.

Billie from Ockham

feathers wrote:
What I want to know is how he plans to make the charges stick?

Billie from Ockham

Oh, and to those of you defending any of the BS that is happening in Washington, DC: because of the possible shut-down, my university had us submit our NSF grants today, instead of using the deadline next week, to make sure that they got into the system. On one hand, this sucked, as I had a bit more work to do on it. On the other hand, this was great, as I'm going to have a fun weekend.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

SM1957 wrote:

Just say applicant must be fluent in pidgin.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Billie from Ockham wrote: The last paragraph gives the name "Defense against Carrier SLAPP Suit fund," which I found amusing, as Carrier's suit isn't even close to being a SLAPP.
The only thing Sticky Dicky has slapped is his average-length willie on August Brunsman's eager face.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Just saying....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A9qsZx8JZc

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Just saying....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A9qsZx8JZc

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Which online feminist zine had these articles:
“You want to know you’re wanted” (“A Clinical Psychologist Revealed Why Women Have Rape Fantasies and It’s Totally Fascinating”); “What I like about rape fantasies is the loss of control” (“These Women Revealed Why They’re Into Rape Fantasies”); “It’s all about ‘sexual desirability’” (“There’s a Major Rape Fantasy Sub-Culture Out There That’s Pretty Intense”); “I hear how rape fantasies can be exciting and fun, even for those who have been raped. It’s not an unhealthy expression of sexuality” (“A Sexologist Explains Why Women Have Rape Fantasies”); “I beg him to stop while he carries on fucking me harder and harder. I dig my nails into his back with tears in my eyes and whisper that I want to go home” (“Sex IRL: The Grad Student With Graphic Rape Fantasies”).
That would be babe.net, the site that published the Ansari sexual assault piece.

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article ... ssion=true
Katie Way’s college interests were journalism and creative writing. At Northwestern she wrote skillfully composed short stories in a vein of fiction she admired: magical realism. One of the reasons her Babe story has such an impact on readers—other than its naming of a very famous man—was its literary skill: It’s filled with precise details, and provides an immersive, world-building reading experience. On a “beautiful, warm September night” Ansari and Grace walked together to a romantic dinner spot, “Grand Banks, an Oyster bar onboard a historic wooden schooner on the Hudson River.” Over lobster rolls and a bottle of wine, they chatted about things that mattered to Grace: NYU, photography, and “a new, secret project” that Ansari was working on. They headed back to his apartment located in “an exclusive address on TriBeCa’s Franklin Street, where Taylor Swift has a place too.”

It was a night when a rich, successful, older man was taking a huge amount of interest in a young woman and treating her well: taking her to a fancy dinner, paying the check, listening to her stories. It’s a dream date. And then—as soon as they walk through the door of his apartment—the story turns dark and terrible. The language that Way uses to describe it is not the straight-ahead dispassionate language of crime reporting; it’s the language of pornography: “‘Where do you want me to fuck you? Do you want me to fuck you right here?’ He rammed his penis against her ass while he said it, pantomiming intercourse.”

The piece, with its dreamy opening, its pornographic passages, and its tone of aggrieved score-keeping over petty slights—he didn’t offer her the kind of wine she likes—has stirred something in young women.

But the piece is the almost inevitable consequence of a lifestyle promoted on the website, which enjoins young women to fulfill men’s sexual desires and to— literally—behave whorishly. Or, as a wrap-up of Babe’s 2017 service journalism put it: “You now know how to give life-changing blow-jobs, what it’s like to have rape fantasies, what percent hoe you are based on a scientifically accurate quiz, and how to keep your lipstick on even if your mouth is … otherwise occupied.”

Pulsing underneath all of this is the exact emotion which Katie Way lost control of Wednesday night: rage, so overpowering and so poorly understood that it can easily erupt and excoriate the wrong person.

In such swirls of high emotion and with diffuse goals, social entrepreneurship becomes lucrative. This Ansari episode, for example, has been a huge boon to the girls who don’t give a fuck, as they gleefully tell every reporter who asks them about it. As the writer Kerry Flynn wrote in an essay about the website published in Mashable, “For Babe, Grace's story was a big break—good for traffic and for the brand.”

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Some of you guys appear to be confused so here is something that might help.

Just assume that when it comes to Trump that everyone is lying. This includes Trump. Let me repeat that. Everyone is lying.

Any truth being reported is entirely accidental. There. All sorted.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I have not voted in the Cunties yet. They all deserve a vote. I can not make up my mind.

Whatever man. Fuck. (Die Antwoord)