There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Shatterface

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Shatterface »

I don't see Robinson as some kind of hero. I meet people every day who get convicted for doing the same dumb shit over and over again. It's not brave, it's stupid.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:56 am
Mr. X, Indeed wrote: So Uber had disabled the emergency braking feature in that fatality a few months ago. Doesn't look good for them.

If they are unable to avoid full responsibility by getting the authorities that allowed them to test it looks to me that they could even face criminal negligence. It looks like something like what happened was inevitable, given the way these tests were set up.
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/ ... ad/561185/
Fuck Uber, I want every governor who rushed to greenlight Uber testing in their state hauled in front of a press asking questions of just how these decisions were made by the governor.

That would be AZ Ducey, WA Inslee and PA Tom Wolf.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Bhurzum wrote: He'll be placed into seg for the duration of his stay and if he has any sense, he'll not make an issue of it.

To be honest, regardless of intent, this is a very, very interesting tactical development. The spotlight has just been switched on and people are paying attention. Popcorn on standby...
Although Robinson has pretty much been a victim of his own buffoonery in this instance, it has to be said that the authorities haven't done themselves any favours by constantly being on his case all the time. When Robinson gets a visit from the police simply for...well, being in a pub, you can understand why people are so ready to believe he's been stitched up today. The spotlight isn't just on Robinson, that's for sure.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Mr. X, Indeed wrote: So Uber had disabled the emergency braking feature in that fatality a few months ago. Doesn't look good for them.

If they are unable to avoid full responsibility by getting the authorities that allowed them to test it looks to me that they could even face criminal negligence. It looks like something like what happened was inevitable, given the way these tests were set up.
This is the case where the person walked out in front of the big car with headlights on right?

Uber is a shit company but how can you blame them for people walking out into traffic?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

John D

Post by John D »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote:

Fuck Uber, I want every governor who rushed to greenlight Uber testing in their state hauled in front of a press asking questions of just how these decisions were made by the governor.

That would be AZ Ducey, WA Inslee and PA Tom Wolf.
Uber is totally pissing me off and the pandering politicians are also pissing me off. These Uber cars are dangerous products in my mind. No question about it. The Uber management team that approved this are reckless.

Autonomous cars are getting a ton of bad press right now because companies like Uber, and even Tesla are to blame. I used to think that people were over reacting when they said they would not trust autonomous cars. I always felt that good engineers would use known safety models to make the products. I was 100% wrong on this. Flash in the pan startup companies are given free reign to "test" their death machines. Fuck.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

commie wrote:
Uber is a shit company but how can you blame them for people walking out into traffic?
The computer detected the person and the bicycle but because the emergency braking was turned off the car didn't stop. Worse, it didn't signal the human in the car who was distracted by monitoring the self driving system.
Even if a person is jaywalking it is incumbent on drivers to attempt not to run them over. The argument being made is that given the conditions, a vehicle at 40mph and having 6 seconds to stop or swerve being operated by an average driver would likely be able to stop. By having the human monitoring the system an as such unable to to give the usual amount of vigilance and by turning off the emergency braking system it made the vehicle less safe than a normal car. Unless they could argue that the car had no chance of stopping under normal conditions I think someone is in trouble.

CaptainFluffyBunny

DeEcxtMW0AARZEc.jpeg
(53.38 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Here's the transgender bathroom problem all sorted out.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Isn't it normally the men who have nuts?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Isn't it normally the men who have nuts?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Shatterface wrote: I don't see Robinson as some kind of hero. I meet people every day who get convicted for doing the same dumb shit over and over again. It's not brave, it's stupid.
Somewhat agree.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

comhcinc wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 12:09 pm
This is the case where the person walked out in front of the big car with headlights on right?

Well no. The camera footage Uber provided was from a dashcam and during that particular sequence the dashcam literally had two streetlights pouring into it, so the result was the camera's aperture (or however that works on a digital camera) was vastly restricted so it could take pictures of the two bright point sources, thereby showing the road as pitch dark.

But anyone who has driven that road can tell you, that road is actually very brightly lit, and it's also very wide. The pedestrian didn't just step out, she was crossing walking a bike and hit in the 4th lane after crossing three lanes, so she was there quite a while.

The camera system saw her and did nothing.
The driver was staring at xers phone and didn't see her.

This was entirely Uber's fault, in a partial defense of Uber but really not, the system initiated emergency braking late because it expected the driver to be doing xers job and it otherwise goes off too often and is annoying when drivers are doing xer jobs.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote: I don't see Robinson as some kind of hero. I meet people every day who get convicted for doing the same dumb shit over and over again. It's not brave, it's stupid.
This seems overly harsh.

You're not stupid just for meeting people.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

free thoughtpolice wrote: commie wrote:
The computer detected the person and the bicycle but because the emergency braking was turned off the car didn't stop. Worse, it didn't signal the human in the car who was distracted by monitoring the self driving system.
Even if a person is jaywalking it is incumbent on drivers to attempt not to run them over. The argument being made is that given the conditions, a vehicle at 40mph and having 6 seconds to stop or swerve being operated by an average driver would likely be able to stop. By having the human monitoring the system an as such unable to to give the usual amount of vigilance and by turning off the emergency braking system it made the vehicle less safe than a normal car. Unless they could argue that the car had no chance of stopping under normal conditions I think someone is in trouble.

....don't buy it bear. I see your point but at the end of the day it comes down to personal responsibility to me. Most cars don't have emergency braking systems.I saw that uber had turned off the system in the Volvo, but that seems like it would be a more accurate test of a normal car. I teach my kids to cross at the proper play and look both ways because they have to watch out for themselves. While drivers can and should be held responsible (some night I will tell you the story from a couple of months back when I snatched this guy out of his car for speeding in my neighborhood), grown people shouldn't be walking out into traffic at night.

It seems to me if everything else was the same except the car was being driven by a person this would have been well over with.

John D

Post by John D »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: DeEcxtMW0AARZEc.jpeg

I am a mechanical engineer and I am distressed. They could have at least created art that has the threads helix in the right direction. What does it mean?... this screw has a reverse thread? Does this really mean the the toilet should be used by those of the opposite sex.... like a reverse thread penis? (most likely explaination is that the stupid artist that painted this does know how to use a screw driver.)

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote: The pedestrian didn't just step out, she was crossing walking a bike and hit in the 4th lane after crossing three lanes, so she was there quite a while.

This was entirely Uber's fault,
I don't see how you can say both of these things together. I do appreciate that you have more knowledge on this than I do. I am right in thinking that the pedestrian

A: was not a crosswalk
B: could have afford getting hit if she wouldn't have kept walking

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

MarcusAu wrote:
This seems overly harsh.

You're not stupid just for meeting people.
Depends on the people.

free thoughtpolice

Breaking News! I just discovered that Nina Paley is a TERF!

Guest_3bc53337

Post by Guest_3bc53337 »

I always felt that good engineers would use known safety models to make the products.
Remember silicon valley startups are the land of "Move fast, break things". Whether that is the same thing as a good engineer I'm not sure.

free thoughtpolice

comhcinc wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: commie wrote:

....don't buy it bear. I see your point but at the end of the day it comes down to personal responsibility to me. Most cars don't have emergency braking systems.I saw that uber had turned off the system in the Volvo, but that seems like it would be a more accurate test of a normal car. I teach my kids to cross at the proper play and look both ways because they have to watch out for themselves. While drivers can and should be held responsible (some night I will tell you the story from a couple of months back when I snatched this guy out of his car for speeding in my neighborhood), grown people shouldn't be walking out into traffic at night.

It seems to me if everything else was the same except the car was being driven by a person this would have been well over with.
I think the argument is that had the "driver" had been in a normal car giving a normal amount of due care and attention the collision would have been avoided. The pedestrian was breaking a traffic rule by jaywalking but the driver was also breaking a rule by not paying due care and attention or possibly by operating an unsafe vehicle.
Think of it this way. If a drunk stumbles out onto the street in front of you and you have the ability to avoid hitting them, you have the responsibility to do so even though the drunk is also in the wrong.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

comhcinc wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 12:59 pm
Guest_b8931fdb wrote: The pedestrian didn't just step out, she was crossing walking a bike and hit in the 4th lane after crossing three lanes, so she was there quite a while.

This was entirely Uber's fault,
I don't see how you can say both of these things together. I do appreciate that you have more knowledge on this than I do. I am right in thinking that the pedestrian

A: was not a crosswalk
B: could have afford getting hit if she wouldn't have kept walking
She was an older woman, described I think as homeless and a bit addled. She was pushing her bicycle and groceries across the street.

While it is true she was not in a crosswalk, that's basically for the weaseliest of technical reasons. If you look where she was she almost certainly was in a place where the street designers and landscape architects (for Arizona really truly takes its street design and landscapes seriously) had designed a huge crosswalk, a crosswalk intended to let people get to and from a concert venue from a park across the street as well as from the local beach on the banks of the very expensive, artificial, tourist, Tempe Town Lake.

The weaselly reason she was not in a crosswalk was that after building and designed what was obviously a crosswalk, AZDOT put some very small signs saying "do not cross here".

There was light traffic that night, so the road was mostly empty, it's another 800 feet to get to the crosswalk and then back. My guess is she was crossing when the self-driving car whose driver was not looking at the road drove down the road, the self-driving car mistook her as something it could ignore, then when it decided it had to initiate action, the emergency action was turned off intentionally because they counted on the driver to be looking for these things, and then it braked too late.

So she is crossing slowly, pushing a bike, on a pretty well lit street, and is older, and probably cannot get out of the way of the car which was driving just a hair over the limit.

(that great big huge red x, was clearly designed, architected, and built to be a crosswalk)

https://i.imgur.com/W1u8Lz4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/uIoTNdw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tH6RFn2.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Robinson may not be the brightest bulb in the pack. But where are all the smarter, more savvy ones out there exposing the government's coddling of Islam? There's your problem -- Tommy's all you got cuz everyone else is a coward.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: DeEcxtMW0AARZEc.jpeg

Nut behind one door, then bolt through the other. Like a Richard Carrier theme park.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Robinson may not be the brightest bulb in the pack. But where are all the smarter, more savvy ones out there exposing the government's coddling of Islam? There's your problem -- Tommy's all you got cuz everyone else is a coward.
Just off the top of my head, there's Douglas Murray, Maajid Nawaz, Anne Marie Waters and Raheem Kassam.

free thoughtpolice

Tigzy wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Robinson may not be the brightest bulb in the pack. But where are all the smarter, more savvy ones out there exposing the government's coddling of Islam? There's your problem -- Tommy's all you got cuz everyone else is a coward.
Just off the top of my head, there's Douglas Murray, Maajid Nawaz, Anne Marie Waters and Raheem Kassam.
And this guy...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tigzy wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: This time he made sure he didn't even say anything, and has it on tape.
No, he was gobbing off in his usual fashion. This is the video of him I saw earlier - weirdly enough, the sound has now been removed, but trust me, the Robinson motormouth was going at full pelt:

He was asking repeatedly if they claimed innocence and they were calling his mother a whore. If I remember correctly. Neither were being softly spoken.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Tigzy wrote:
And how well known are they vs Tommy Robinson? He may be grandstanding, but he knows how to get attention. Again, I don't agree with all his positions or the way he's conducting himself, but he is getting results. Right now the British government is not looking very good at all. He's attracted a lot of attention to his cause, and it is coming at some personal sacrifice.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

There is a chance there was a ban of sorts based on the age of the victims and the risk of identification.

The fact there was no vanilla reporting is disturbing (ie “three men, who cannot be identified, were today ....”).
The fact that reporting of TRs arrest has seemingly been locked down is disturbing.
The fact that grooming rape gangs are, in general, not discussed is a problem.

The fact Kirb thinks all this TR stuff is a happy state of affairs because he hates TR is telling. TR is moth larvae in his cereal of civic nationalism.

The correct response here is:

“whatever the legal rights or wrongs of the arrest, the fact that organised rape gangs are permitted stealth options is appalling. Especially so, when the latitude is based on multiculti fascism. I support TRs actions in principle as the morally right thing to do. In practice he probably should keep his head down”.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
And how well known are they vs Tommy Robinson? He may be grandstanding, but he knows how to get attention. Again, I don't agree with all his positions or the way he's conducting himself, but he is getting results. Right now the British government is not looking very good at all. He's attracted a lot of attention to his cause, and it is coming at some personal sacrifice.
For a moment there I thought we were back to discussing Goldy. :mrgreen:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
The attention he's getting makes all critics of Islam look like thugs.

Also, what happened to the earlier claim that coverage of the arrest had been banned in the United Calliphate of Great Britistan? Since that was demonstrably horseshit why should we take anything else his supporters are saying seriously?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Plenty of links are 404ing. I have some caps if you’d like. There is a dynamic at play, who knows how formal.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:28 pm
Robinson may not be the brightest bulb in the pack. But where are all the smarter, more savvy ones out there exposing the government's coddling of Islam? There's your problem -- Tommy's all you got cuz everyone else is a coward.
They're all just being good little citizens. Britain is a civilised place run by people with the maturity to know that being limited by primitive things like constitutions will prevent them from making the right decisions for people. 1st amendments are blunt instruments for immature and unsophisticated nations. Revolutions are for foreigners.

I hope eyes are being opened now and it goes beyond letters to the editor by Disgruntled from Henley-on-Thames.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Tigzy wrote:
Maajid Nawaz ain't all that mate, the guy was supposed to have had an 'awakening' against the Islamic Jihad he'd been spouting whilst doing time in some Egyptian shithole prison yet he still believes half the shit that's in the Koran and pumps out this moderate muslim bollocks, what the fuck is a moderate mulsim anyway, someone who doesn't want to blow me up? Gee thanks!
He's recently been talking about "Grey Areas" too when dealing with free speech issues, something along the lines of 'Areas where speech isn't a crime but is inappropriate' being okay to ban. Nah, fuck him, I just don't trust the bloke.

Murray's a good bloke and so is Raheem but spend too much time in the USA promoting their books and making serious coin, can't blame them but they're never here for the day to day shit the rest of us have to live with.

AMW is about our last chance, other than that we're fucked. Watch them go after her next.

Anyways that's me done. :handgestures-salute:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Tigzy wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:37 pm
They are ineffective because they can be neutralised by accusations of alarmism and being terribly immoderate. the Robinsons of the world push the state into showing their hand.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
They're all just being good little citizens. Britain is a civilised place run by people with the maturity to know that being limited by primitive things like constitutions will prevent them from making the right decisions for people. 1st amendments are blunt instruments for immature and unsophisticated nations. Revolutions are for foreigners.

I hope eyes are being opened now and it goes beyond letters to the editor by Disgruntled from Henley-on-Thames.
You've gone off in completely the wrong direction.

It's Disgruntled of Tunbridge Wells. Or (at a pinch) Mrs Trellis of North Wales.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Brive1987 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:26 pm
There is a chance there was a ban of sorts based on the age of the victims and the risk of identification.

The fact there was no vanilla reporting is disturbing (ie “three men, who cannot be identified, were today ....”).
The fact that reporting of TRs arrest has seemingly been locked down is disturbing.
The fact that grooming rape gangs are, in general, not discussed is a problem.

The fact Kirb thinks all this TR stuff is a happy state of affairs because he hates TR is telling. TR is moth larvae in his cereal of civic nationalism.

The correct response here is:

“whatever the legal rights or wrongs of the arrest, the fact that organised rape gangs are permitted stealth options is appalling. Especially so, when the latitude is based on multiculti fascism. I support TRs actions in principle as the morally right thing to do. In practice he probably should keep his head down”.
I agree with this and those who say he's a martyr for Britain. I enjoy his reporting and he says and confronts shit no one else dares to. He also has support from moderate Muslims. I want him to keep his head down only because there's a chance we could lose him. :( And I don't think there's anyone else. The UK is banning everyone who might report on this.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
They are ineffective because they can be neutralised by accusations of alarmism and being terribly immoderate. the Robinsons of the world push the state into showing their hand.
Yep. This shit doesn't make Tommy look bad. It makes the UK look like a bunch of fucking psychopaths. For every one of you reading this going "aw naw that's fine dude should have kept his head down naughty man he hurts feelings" are ten people going, "THIS GUY WAS REPORTING ON CHILD GROOMING GANGS AND GOT PUT AWAY WHAT IS EVEN THE FUCK THIS PLACE IS BROKEN."

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
The Robinsons of the push the state, along with the left wingers which infest academia and the media, into portraying criticism of islam as the province of thuggish knuckledraggers of the 'hurr durr muslamic ray guns' sort. Yes, it's an unfair characterisation, but they get away with it because the Robinsons of the world keep supplying them with good ammunition.

Now this is not to say that Robinson can't be effective - he can, especially when it comes to mobilising working class support. He's effective in his own way - and has his own set of weaknesses - just as the likes of Murray, Nawaz, Condell (can't believe I missed that fucker!) do. Personally, I think having a diverse array of personalities and styles is a good thing when it comes to confronting islam. But the question was, 'where are all the smarter, more savvy ones?', and as I pointed out, they're out there.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Apparently TR was also on camera, reading newspaper articles (already in the public domain) about the case.

Crazy man.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

NO MORE NEWS ARTICLES

free thoughtpolice

We could all use more journalists like Geraldo Rivera.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tigzy wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
The Robinsons of the push the state, along with the left wingers which infest academia and the media, into portraying criticism of islam as the province of thuggish knuckledraggers of the 'hurr durr muslamic ray guns' sort. Yes, it's an unfair characterisation, but they get away with it because the Robinsons of the world keep supplying them with good ammunition.

Now this is not to say that Robinson can't be effective - he can, especially when it comes to mobilising working class support. He's effective in his own way - and has his own set of weaknesses - just as the likes of Murray, Nawaz, Condell (can't believe I missed that fucker!) do. Personally, I think having a diverse array of personalities and styles is a good thing when it comes to confronting islam. But the question was, 'where are all the smarter, more savvy ones?', and as I pointed out, they're out there.
Who drove the freedom march? Not Murray. They may be out there, but they are rear echelon.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

rayshul wrote: Yep. This shit doesn't make Tommy look bad. It makes the UK look like a bunch of fucking psychopaths. For every one of you reading this going "aw naw that's fine dude should have kept his head down naughty man he hurts feelings" are ten people going, "THIS GUY WAS REPORTING ON CHILD GROOMING GANGS AND GOT PUT AWAY WHAT IS EVEN THE FUCK THIS PLACE IS BROKEN."
It's a fair point. TR violated the conditions of his suspended sentence and as a result, generated a narrative that he was being stitched up by the British state because of his criticism of islamic grooming gangs. Had the British state been less heavy handed with him in the first place, this might not have happened. As it stands, we live in a world where narratives take precedence over the facts, a situation which the SJW have utilised frequently, and which their opponents are now...appropriating, and quite successfully, it seems. A sorry state of affairs, but here we are.

If the British government has an ounce of sense and recognises that it's now a war of narratives, it will not allow Robinson to be harmed in prison. I wouldn't bank on it.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Brive1987 wrote: Who drove the freedom march? Not Murray. They may be out there, but they are rear echelon.
If it's all about marches, then we can give up fighting the SJW cos those fuckers will march at the drop of a pussy hat. And please - the bloke that wrote The Strange Death of Europe isn't rear echelon.

Both marches and books have their value in the war for hearts and minds, and we need that multi-pronged approach if one wants to win both in the fight against islam.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

A PR disaster is the most likely outcome. It's a brand new technology so I don't know what regulations there are or even who regulates Uber. Politicians seem perfectly happy to let them test while putting people at risk. Well, maybe not now since the whole story is coming out. This might be forgotten in a month or two and Uber could quietly go back to the same testing somewhere else.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Tigzy wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Who drove the freedom march? Not Murray. They may be out there, but they are rear echelon.
If it's all about marches, then we can give up fighting the SJW cos those fuckers will march at the drop of a pussy hat. And please - the bloke that wrote The Strange Death of Europe isn't rear echelon.

Both marches and books have their value in the war for hearts and minds, and we need that multi-pronged approach if one wants to win both in the fight against islam.
I've said it before, but TR is as much a problem as he is a solution.

Some of you see a strong proud warrior for Britain, doing good work.

I see a football hooligan- this is totally my prejudice as I have previously acknowledged. However this is going to be a common reaction, and I think his tactics are often those of deliberate aggravation. Plenty will just think he got what's coming to him. That isn't going to unite a country and deal with this.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Tigzy wrote:
rayshul wrote: Yep. This shit doesn't make Tommy look bad. It makes the UK look like a bunch of fucking psychopaths. For every one of you reading this going "aw naw that's fine dude should have kept his head down naughty man he hurts feelings" are ten people going, "THIS GUY WAS REPORTING ON CHILD GROOMING GANGS AND GOT PUT AWAY WHAT IS EVEN THE FUCK THIS PLACE IS BROKEN."
It's a fair point. TR violated the conditions of his suspended sentence and as a result, generated a narrative that he was being stitched up by the British state because of his criticism of islamic grooming gangs. Had the British state been less heavy handed with him in the first place, this might not have happened. As it stands, we live in a world where narratives take precedence over the facts, a situation which the SJW have utilised frequently, and which their opponents are now...appropriating, and quite successfully, it seems. A sorry state of affairs, but here we are.

If the British government has an ounce of sense and recognises that it's now a war of narratives, it will not allow Robinson to be harmed in prison. I wouldn't bank on it.
I don't see that he's violated conditions of his sentence at this point. Let's see what the news (if it ever gets reported).

The British government thinks more people love Islam than is the reality.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

DrokkIt wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

I've said it before, but TR is as much a problem as he is a solution.

Some of you see a strong proud warrior for Britain, doing good work.

I see a football hooligan- this is totally my prejudice as I have previously acknowledged. However this is going to be a common reaction, and I think his tactics are often those of deliberate aggravation. Plenty will just think he got what's coming to him. That isn't going to unite a country and deal with this.
Maybe a year ago, but we're now 20 child grooming gangs richer, a bunch of little girls got slaughtered at a concert, and Tommy's been saying this shit for years.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tigzy wrote:

Agreed, logistics wins wars, warriors win the battles.

The former, though, is forced to bask in reflected glory.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

rayshul wrote: Maybe a year ago, but we're now 20 child grooming gangs richer, a bunch of little girls got slaughtered at a concert, and Tommy's been saying this shit for years.
Nick Griffin of the BNP has been saying it for even longer. Does this make him a strong and proud warrior for Britain too?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Brive1987 wrote: Agreed, logistics wins wars, warriors win the battles.

Mm. Warriors.

https://i.imgur.com/0krN0eA.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tommy Robinson dindu nuffin.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

rayshul wrote: I don't see that he's violated conditions of his sentence at this point. Let's see what the news (if it ever gets reported).
As per the link Kirb posted earlier, Robinson was told that his suspended sentence required that he didn't make an arse of himself and harass defendants in ongoing cases, otherwise he ends up in jail. He went out and did that. The Secret Barrister (@BarristerSecret on twitter) put up a post earlier detailing all the shit Robinson got wrong today - unfortunately, because of the press restriction now in force, he had to take it down. Pity, as it would have been worth going over again.
The British government thinks more people love Islam than is the reality.
TBH, it seems more like the British government thinks the people are on the brink of exploding into murderous islamophobia unless they are constantly reminded that islam is a religion of peace and that muslims are an important part of our diverse and multicultural heritage.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tigzy wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Agreed, logistics wins wars, warriors win the battles.

Mm. Warriors.

https://i.imgur.com/0krN0eA.jpg
I though we had free fallen all the way down ?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... w6CHONiBkL

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Has to be said, there's a bit of a cult of personality thing sprouting up around Tommy Robinson, ain't there. A growing presumption of infallibility about the man, and not a million miles from how an unwholesome number of lefties see that old grey carrot, Corbyn.

In both cases: he's not the messiah and sometimes he's a very naughty boy. A very naughty absolute boy, even.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote:
Also, what happened to the earlier claim that coverage of the arrest had been banned in the United Calliphate of Great Britistan? Since that was demonstrably horseshit why should we take anything else his supporters are saying seriously?
Emphasis mine.

I could say something incredibly snarky here.

But really.

There’s no need.

http://i.imgur.com/oX4c6fF.jpg

See thread here for more legal analysis

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tigzy wrote: Has to be said, there's a bit of a cult of personality thing sprouting up around Tommy Robinson, ain't there. A growing presumption of infallibility about the man, and not a million miles from how an unwholesome number of lefties see that old grey carrot, Corbyn.

In both cases: he's not the messiah and sometimes he's a very naughty boy. A very naughty absolute boy, even.
Isn’t that always the risk when creating martyrs? They become a metaphor, shorthand for a deeper problem. A mobilising agent.

That’s why you don’t do it.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Brive1987 wrote: See thread here for more legal analysis

Well, that's a fine and precise legal mind we have there, who somehow discerned 'His Honour Judge Marson QC' as meaning a real life gurl.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oh I assume you read his correction then. But feel free to dismiss (an albeit American) lawyer's POV in favour of your own.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tigzy wrote: Has to be said, there's a bit of a cult of personality thing sprouting up around Tommy Robinson, ain't there. A growing presumption of infallibility about the man, and not a million miles from how an unwholesome number of lefties see that old grey carrot, Corbyn.

Isn’t that always the risk when creating martyrs? They become a metaphor, shorthand for a deeper problem. A mobilising agent.

That’s why you don’t do it.
True, it explains Corbyn's martyrdom. For his acolytes he's become a mataphor, shorthand for a (((deeper problem))). Though more an immobilising agent, to be fair.