There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
SM1957

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by SM1957 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
JayTeeAitch wrote: Reporting restrictions have been lifted in the TR case - not much detail yet though:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 74121.html
This seems to confirm that there was a reporting ban, for those that seemed to believe it was a fantasy.
And it also confirms that the MSM simply don't like to report on cases of Asian grooming gangs, where reporting restrictions were lifted at 12:52.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

SM1957 wrote:
JayTeeAitch wrote: Reporting restrictions have been lifted in the TR case - not much detail yet though:

This seems to confirm that there was a reporting ban, for those that seemed to believe it was a fantasy.
And it also confirms that the MSM simply don't like to report on cases of Asian grooming gangs, where reporting restrictions were lifted at 12:52.
Asian grooming gangs or Muslim grooming gangs? Or is it intersectional?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Well that’s a vote of confidence in that Judge’s work.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

There has never been a reporting ban on Tommy Robinson.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

KiwiInOz wrote:
SM1957 wrote:
Muslim-Asian grooming gangs. The double barrel ones are the worst it seems.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

A judge initially banned media reports of the contempt case against Robinson over fears it could affect the ongoing trial, but lifted the order on Tuesday after hearing submissions over how members of the public were violating it on social media.
Hahah. :lol: :lol: :lol:

“Your Lord, your ban is of no value, people are ignoring it”
“Bugger”

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

KiwiInOz wrote:
SM1957 wrote:

Let's try this again.

Asian-Muslim grooming gangs. It's important because it's double-barreled or something.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

BBC on the case ......
Former English Defence League (EDL) leader Tommy Robinson has been jailed for potentially prejudicing a court case, it can be reported.

Robinson, who appeared in the dock under real name Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, was arrested in Leeds on Friday.

The 35-year-old was broadcasting on social media outside the city's crown court where a trial was ongoing.

A ban on reporting his 13-month sentence at the same court was lifted after being challenged by the media
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-44287640

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote:

There has never been a reporting ban on Tommy Robinson.
There wasn't. There were restrictions on reporting of the proceedings, not the arrest:
A judge initially banned media reports of contempt proceedings against Robinson over fears it could affect the ongoing trial, but lifted the order on Tuesday after hearing submissions over how members of the public and foreign media outlets were publishing inaccurate information.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Found on Twitter-
[attachment=0]DeWeic0VAAApigW.jpeg[/attachment]
Attachments
DeWeic0VAAApigW.jpeg
(91.04 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

SM1957 wrote: Judge Geoffrey Marson has a habit of trying to keep things secret. Last December he refused to explain why he is releasing a Muslim accused, just as he refused to allow people to know he had sentenced Tommy Robinson to 13 months http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/1570907 ... ct_charge/
AND he goes around dressed in women's clothes calling himself Denise, IIRC.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

feathers wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 2:12 am
In the UK Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo and the rest show results from anywhere in the world. Are you seriously claiming that isn't the case in the US? That a Google search for Tommy Robinson in the US won't show up results from the British press? Is that what you are claiming? Seriously? That's the Google you have?
Eh no, that's not what I meant, how did you infer that?

I mean: why would an American in America care about an English court order?
Because he reported on it?

And it's only a weeks since Jerry ran and memory holed a condemnation of the BBC for failing to report a 'terrorist attack' in Marseilles that was nothing of the sort because he'd heard about the gangland shootings and googled a previous knife attack that was Islamist and assumed it was the same thing.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote: Is that why people outside the UK insist there's a ban? Because they've got Google set to 'local news'?
I'll reiterate again that I specifically said I wasn't suggesting that there was a putative ban or not, just pointing put that the BBC web site carried nothing about it, and hasn't yet. I tried through proxies in the UK, Eire, China, US, Australia, and Canada. Nada. This, I think, affirms my claim that the assertion upthread that it it was being carried on "every" major news outlet or website was BS. That's all.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

SM1957 wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
SM1957 wrote: Jerry Coyne has a post about how people in Britain are thrown in jail for being very offensive.
And he edited out the stuff about Robinson when he was advised to Google the story and see if there was a ban on reporting his arrest.
there was no ban on reporting his arrest. The ban was on reporting that a trial of Tommy Robinson had happened.
Guardian reporting the ban was also on reporting his arrest.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -13-months
A court order is in place to prevent any reporting of the details of the trial in question. Another court order preventing reporting of Robinson’s arrest and the subsequent court proceedings was lifted on Tuesday after a challenge by Leeds Live and the Independent.
However the links I posted earlier from Metro/Independent/Standard seemed to indicate not all media outlets were consistent in enforcing the ban.
But whatdya know? These earlier working links have been deep sixed.....
Hundreds of Tommy Robinson supporters at gates of Downing Street to demand detained EDL founder is released
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/h ... s-12606624

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 71616.html

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ ... 49046.html

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
Shatterface wrote: Is that why people outside the UK insist there's a ban? Because they've got Google set to 'local news'?
I'll reiterate again that I specifically said I wasn't suggesting that there was a putative ban or not, just pointing put that the BBC web site carried nothing about it, and hasn't yet. I tried through proxies in the UK, Eire, China, US, Australia, and Canada. Nada. This, I think, affirms my claim that the assertion upthread that it it was being carried on "every" major news outlet or website was BS. That's all.
OK, I was wrong with "hasn't yet" - it is now there, as pointed out at 6.25am by Orange Cat (InfraRedBucket). However, I hadn't checked the BBC pages before posting, and it only came out on the BBC 27 minutes ago.

Shatters - you can go all "nyah, nyah, you were wrong!" if you want on this, but a simple timing mistake of a few minutes, plus an admission of having made a mistake demonstrates, I think, my good faith. Any assertion to the contrary would, I think, demonstrate the opposite on the part of the person making that assertion.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

comhcinc wrote: The problem is the guy really isn't named that right? His legal documents don't use that name.

Speaking of which shouldn't we be upset that the court is deadnaming him? :think:
Tommy Robinson is an alias. He took it from a football hooligan. If he applies for a Yob Recognition Certificate he can change his birth certificate and passport and he'll always have been the brave and beautiful Tommy Robinson.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

InfraRedBucket wrote: However the links I posted earlier from Metro/Independent/Standard seemed to indicate not all media outlets were consistent in enforcing the ban.
But whatdya know? These earlier working links have been deep sixed...
Mirror story still up:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/h ... 606624.amp

Independent story still up:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... html%3famp

Standard story still up:

Did I miss one?

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Shatterface wrote:
comhcinc wrote: The problem is the guy really isn't named that right? His legal documents don't use that name.

Speaking of which shouldn't we be upset that the court is deadnaming him? :think:
Tommy Robinson is an alias. He took it from a football hooligan. If he applies for a Yob Recognition Certificate he can change his birth certificate and passport and he'll always have been the brave and beautiful Tommy Robinson.
His real name is Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon. I can kind of see why he wanted the pseudonym.

John D

Post by John D »

Old_ones wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

His real name is Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon. I can kind of see why he wanted the pseudonym.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Old_ones wrote: His real name is Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon. I can kind of see why he wanted the pseudonym.
His fans claim he changed his name to protect his family. You know, like Batman. That's also why he wears a mask at demonstrations.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Old_ones wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

A Yaxley-Lennon sounds like a delicious snack cake that I would buy in the UK isle of the local international supermarket.

John D

Post by John D »

comhcinc wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

A Yaxley-Lennon sounds like a delicious snack cake that I would buy in the UK isle of the local international supermarket.
I can see that your low carb diet has you hallucinating again!.... ummmmmmm... snack cakes.....ummmmmmm.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

John D wrote:
I can see that your low carb diet has you hallucinating again!.... ummmmmmm... snack cakes.....ummmmmmm.
[/quote]

Little Debbies being near the check out are not the easiest thing for me to deal with. So far no backsliding. Been doing it since the last week of December.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

You were probably thinking of Mr Kipling.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Next time I watch BBC news and the news anchor says, "we're going over live to the Old Bailey now where Sophie is waiting patiently outside the court building, Sophie I understand there are reporting restrictions in this case, tell us more"

I'm straight on the blower to the Old Bill to complain about their clear contempt of court.
Judge Marson said: “Not only was it a very long video but I regard it as a serious aggravating feature that he was encouraging others to share it and it had been shared widely.

“That is the nature of the contempt.”
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9184513

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

This Tommy Robinson livestream endangered trials, we are told.

It had to be stopped, we are told .

It prejudiced the case, we are told.

But the British government can't even be bothered to ask YouTube to take it down.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

SM1957 wrote: But the British government can't even be bothered to ask YouTube to take it down.
Why do I get the feeling that if they took it down you would be complaining about that?

CaptainFluffyBunny

And a court order had also been in place temporarily banning any reporting on Robinson's arrest and sentencing hearing, but LeedsLive can now reveal the details.
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds ... ssion=true

So I'm confused (not an unusual state of affairs.) Is there a ban or isn't there one? Because the quote above says ban on reporting arrest and hearing.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

comhcinc wrote:
SM1957 wrote: But the British government can't even be bothered to ask YouTube to take it down.
Why do I get the feeling that if they took it down you would be complaining about that?
I would be complaining about that.

But they haven't taken it down, because it didn't matter to them what was being broadcast.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

SM1957 wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
I would be complaining about that.

But they haven't taken it down, because it didn't matter to them what was being broadcast.
Or they understand that it has already been copied and will just be mirrored so what's the point.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

And a court order had also been in place temporarily banning any reporting on Robinson's arrest and sentencing hearing, but LeedsLive can now reveal the details.

So I'm confused (not an unusual state of affairs.) Is there a ban or isn't there one? Because the quote above says ban on reporting arrest and hearing.
I think we should just leave those island folk alone with their petty bickering and worry about the more important things. Like I am sure the president as posted something on twitter which is the end of the world.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Restrictions. They're not unusual where reporting can influence the outcome of a trial. That doesn't necessarily mean the outcome of Robinson's trial. If his activities were deemed to be interfering with the conduct of the trial he was 'reporting' on then the restrictions imposed on the coverage of that trial would also cover Robinson's.

If he was accosting a defendant who's identity was covered by a restriction on reporting of the grooming case, for instance, it wouldn't make sense if that defendant was then named in coverage of Robinson's arrest.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Meanwhile there's been an attack in Belgium. And of course nobody is reporting on it. Except the BBC who are calling it terrorism and that the perp is a jihadist radicalised in prison.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I googled Judge Marston's name, and he pops up all over. Handles a lot of child sex cases, including at least two of the moslem rape gang cases. Is constantly issuing gag orders about reporting on the cases, presumably to protect the identities of the minors involved.

I'd still like to know the need to issue a gag order on reporting about the sentencing of TR. Perhaps Shatter has an answer.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

:nin:
If he was accosting a defendant who's identity was covered by a restriction on reporting of the grooming case, for instance, it wouldn't make sense if that defendant was then named in coverage of Robinson's arrest.
My understanding is those particular goatfuckers had already been publicly identified, convicted, and were about to be sentenced. So by the time TR's own drumhead sentencing took place, there was no way reporting on it could affect the other cases.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote: Restrictions.

A court order temporarily banned any mention of Robinson's court proceedings but LeedsLive challenged the order and today (Tuesday) the judge agreed to lift the reporting restriction in regards to Yaxley-Lennon's case.
You say there were 'restrictions' but no 'ban'; they clearly say there was a 'ban' on 'any mention' that was legally challenged and 'reporting restrictions' lifted.

Hair-splitting semantics on your part.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Shatterface wrote: Meanwhile there's been an attack in Belgium. And of course nobody is reporting on it. Except the BBC who are calling it terrorism and that the perp is a jihadist radicalised in prison.
No one, except the Wall Street Journey, CNN, The Washington Post, The Kanas City Star...

Belgium. That's somewhere in France right?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: :nin:
My understanding is those particular goatfuckers had already been publicly identified, convicted, and were about to be sentenced. So by the time TR's own drumhead sentencing took place, there was no way reporting on it could affect the other cases.
Aren't you exaggerating with "goatfuckers?"
Fifteen teens treated for rabies after GANG RAPING a donkey… as cops urge others who ‘admired’ the beast to come forward
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun ... ading/amp/
Or not.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

That donkey was asking for it.

CaptainFluffyBunny

comhcinc wrote: That donkey was asking for it.
Its judgement may have been impaired by the rabies. So...no consent.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Its judgement may have been impaired by the rabies. So...no consent.
Careful now - you're dangerously close to STD-shaming that proud, independent beastie.

#EeyoreToo

https://tiberjudy.files.wordpress.com/2 ... g_1093.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So reading up on the Belgium thing. Couple of quotes that just stand out for me. Got it from here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/ma ... cf7b80dee2
The incident unfolded midmorning in the center of Liege, the third-largest city in Belgium, when the man came up behind two female police officers and attacked them with a knife, then grabbed one of their handguns and shot both dead, prosecutor Philippe Dulieu said.

Then the attacker shot a 22-year-old man who was sitting in the passenger seat of a nearby parked car. The attacker then walked into a high school, where he took a woman hostage and forced a standoff with police during which students were evacuated. The suspect was then killed in a gun battle with police officers who rushed to the scene, Dulieu said.
This seems unlikely to happen this way in the U.S. Here criminals can get their own guns thank you very much.I have no idea what gun control laws are like in France Belgium.

Belgian media citing anonymous security officials reported that the suspect is a 36-year-old man with a history of small-time theft and drug violations who had been given a temporary release from prison on Monday for an appointment, after which he did not return. RTBF, a Belgian broadcaster, said that prosecutors were investigating whether he had been radicalized in prison.
Bolding mine.

Guys, it really shouldn't work this way. I know in Alabama it can take an act of the Governor's office to get released to attend (under guard) the funeral of your mother. I saw that first hand (not saying that people wouldn't be allowed any time for anything).

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Sure, Meyers, sure.

You keep telling yourself that!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/zsAFxDi.png

Funny how this wasn't exactly your opinion back in the days when you had a decent readership, and would order them to go and take over online polls being run by religious websites. :think: :think: :think:

John D

Post by John D »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Sure, Meyers, sure.

You keep telling yourself that!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/zsAFxDi.png

Funny how this wasn't exactly your opinion back in the days when you had a decent readership, and would order them to go and take over online polls being run by religious websites. :think: :think: :think:
Says the man who got famous by driving a nail through a communion wafer.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

SM1957 wrote: You can say whatever you want now about the Leeds Crown Court case where Faisal Nadeem
Mansoor Akhtar
Manzoor Hassan
Mohammed Asaf Akram
Mohammed Azeem
Mohammed Azeem
Mohammed Irfraz
Nasarat Hussain
Sajid Hussain
Wiqas Mahmud are on trial for raping children.
They must have mafia-style nicknames to distinguish -- like "Fat Mansoor" and "Mansoor Glasses", or "Ugly Mohammed" and "Chicken Legs Mohammed".

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Shatterface wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: However the links I posted earlier from Metro/Independent/Standard seemed to indicate not all media outlets were consistent in enforcing the ban.
Mirror story still up:

Standard story still up:

Did I miss one?
Yeah I was going to report they were stilll up but when I posted the quote with urls, (they seem to have got truncated)
so went to 404 type errors or redirects. when I tried them, so I thought they had been pulled.
So my original point still stands, look at the dates eg Sunday when they were posted. Supposedly during the ban on reporting that TR
had been arrested (eg according to the Guardian today) when many other outlets had pulled their coverage over the weekend.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Shatterface wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 7:03 am
Mirror story still up:

Standard story still up:

Did I miss one?
Seems when I quoted the urls they got truncated and testing the links at the time, went to 404 type errors or redirects which
made me change my post, but my original point still stands, they were posted at the weekend when according
to the Guardian today, the media ban on TR's arrest was still in place.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Fuck , thought I lost the first post got server error for the forum so posted again reworded.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
SM1957 wrote: You can say whatever you want now about the Leeds Crown Court case where Faisal Nadeem
Mansoor Akhtar
Manzoor Hassan
Mohammed Asaf Akram
Mohammed Azeem
Mohammed Azeem
Mohammed Irfraz
Nasarat Hussain
Sajid Hussain
Wiqas Mahmud are on trial for raping children.
They must have mafia-style nicknames to distinguish -- like "Fat Mansoor" and "Mansoor Glasses", or "Ugly Mohammed" and "Chicken Legs Mohammed".
Hassan Chop, Mohammed Al beef patty, Lefty Mansoor, Nasarat Al Time Rat Boom-Boom Hussain,

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

SM1957 wrote: You can say whatever you want now about the Leeds Crown Court case where

Mohammed Azeem
Mohammed Azeem
are on trial for raping children.
WTF? Don't tell me they're identical twins as well, it's confusing enough"

CaptainFluffyBunny

Isn't that the lawyer defending PeeZee&Co against Carrier? InfoWars...But not a peep will be heard from Pharangula. Guilt by association only works when you ain't woke enough.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brice was right. Switzerland is a racist country.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Moreover even if what she said was true, He still gets to make the choice right?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

This is why we need "real" journalists like Lauren Southern. The lame stream media would never report those facts. :drool:

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

English law?

Is that the law which states that people can be arrested at 11:45 on one charge, tried under another charge, denied access to their own solicitor, jailed at 14:00 and then a media blackout imposed on the whole process?

What could go wrong when lawyers, judges and politicians think this is all fine and dandy, and it was only Robinson...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lauren Southern frequently talks out of her ass. But it's a cute, pert ass.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

What on earth happened to poor Tommy Robinson? 10 Things You Should Know.

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/05/ ... ssion=true

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

InfraRedBucket wrote: What on earth happened to poor Tommy Robinson? 10 Things You Should Know.

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/05/ ... ssion=true
Posted on the 25th?

10 Things you should know? Then why did the judge impose a media blackout when we should know these things?

And why isn't the Secret Barrister in jail for contempt of court? He knows the rules.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

SM1957 wrote: English law?

Is that the law which states that people can be arrested at 11:45 on one charge, tried under another charge, denied access to their own solicitor, jailed at 14:00 and then a media blackout imposed on the whole process?

What could go wrong when lawyers, judges and politicians think this is all fine and dandy, and it was only Robinson...
Let me fix this for you.

Is that the law which states that people can be arrested at 11:45 on one charge while serving a suspended sentence, be brought before the court on that charge, something happens with his lawyer cause we don't have info on that yet. at 14:00 and then there be a media blackout that didn't actually blackout anything.