Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
comhcinc

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by comhcinc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
dogen wrote: However, in recent weeks I've found myself alternating between paranoid rage and bouts of tearful self pity,
I would say you might want to check in to a mental hospital for a week or so.
Or just join your local abolish ICE protest. You'll fit right in.

But seriously, best of luck and don't forget to take your daily dosage of The 'Pit.
I didn't want to offend anyone's fee fee so I changed nut house to mental hospital and then still wasn't happy with it.

Then I said fuck it this the pit and these people are made of stronger stuff and Dogen will understand the concern that the advice was given in.

It's nice to have such a place.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

screwtape wrote: It may be that your recent issue with palpitations will turn out to be anxiety related, using Occam's britva. If you are lucky the UC may stay in remission, though it does tend to relapse sooner or later. Don't play games with that if it comes back, as UC can go quite nasty.
What's UC?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
screwtape wrote: It may be that your recent issue with palpitations will turn out to be anxiety related, using Occam's britva. If you are lucky the UC may stay in remission, though it does tend to relapse sooner or later. Don't play games with that if it comes back, as UC can go quite nasty.
What's UC?
Right now I see a mushroom that looks like a penis and a big ol mister hanky.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:55 am
How come all sorts of disorders and pathological behavior are said to derive from gender nonconformity , but the gender nonconformity itself is always causa sui?
I think there's a distinction between dysphoria and non-conformity. Non-conformity is just being a tomboy or a bit of a sissy. In the past you'd just tell the girls to wear jeans if they like climbing tress so the boys can't see their knickers; and you'd buy the boy an air rifle and hope he'd sort himself out by shooting squirrels.
In Nanette, her excellent new standup show on Netflix, the comedian Hannah Gadsby ...
Why am I getting an Emperor's New Clothes vibe about that show?
Somehow I doubt she applies her criticisms of gender conformity to transfolk, who really seem to have brought back gender stereotypes of lipstick, histrionics and fake tits with a vengeance.
In Britain, at the Gender Identity Clinic in London, the UK’s main child gender service, 70% of all referred cases are teenage girls.
Yeah, but that's a reflection of the social epidemic of Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria, brought on by transradical indoctrination, not reinforced gender stereotypes.
A bit of both given that trans are pushing gender more than teh Patriarchy ever did. Like playing with dolls? Suck dick and get tits early.
But on the whole, the article makes sense and will surely send the transradicals into a frenzy.
For The Guardian this is practically making lampshades from transcocks.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Easy J wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:03 am
dogen wrote: Hi Pitters --

I came of Sertraline (Zoloft) earlier this year -- my own decision, I got so bad at remembering to take it that I decided there wouldn't be much difference if I stopped taking it altogether. Same in fact with the Lialda, which I was on for ulcerative colitis.

However, in recent weeks I've found myself alternating between paranoid rage and bouts of tearful self pity, sometimes culminating in thoughts that my family would be better off without me. I've talked this through with the wife, and we've agreed that I'm nuts, and that stresses at work (where I feel completely undervalued) are likely also playing a role.

But should I go back on the Sertraline? Is this my old problems resurfacing (although my issue was mainly anxiety), or is this some kind of fucked up delayed withrdrawal? Obviously I need to talk to a health professional, but I'd appreciate hearing from the Pit, which contains both experts and those who've been down this path myself.

(No need for sympathy -- got plenty of that during my recent ER trip, ta very much!)
Its lightweight, over the counter stuff, but I've used Theanine to good effect. Specifically, products containing "Suntheanine". It works for anxiety & is cheap enough to be worth trying. Of course, if the problem is bad enough, heavier stuff will be necessary.
Thanks for the suggestion -- but to be clear, my problem is no longer anxiety. Working together, the Sertraline and cognitive behavioral therapy seemed to have knocked that one on the head. Awesome! But now that I've come off the sertraline, I've turned into a suicidal rage monster...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

InfraRedBucket wrote: the unfortunate side effect of anorgasmia
Sorry to be so cavalier about everyone's mental health, but Anorgasmia sounds like the name of the latest SJW super-heroine.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: the unfortunate side effect of anorgasmia
Sorry to be so cavalier about everyone's mental health, but Anorgasmia sounds like the name of the latest SJW super-heroine.
They've been waiting for her to appear and save them but so far she's taking ages to come.

=

ConcentratedH2O, OM

comhcinc wrote:
What's UC?
Right now I see a mushroom that looks like a penis and a big ol mister hanky.
https://media.giphy.com/media/1aVUmsFlGWsBG/giphy.gif

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

dogen wrote:
Easy J wrote:

I came of Sertraline (Zoloft) earlier this year -- my own decision, I got so bad at remembering to take it that I decided there wouldn't be much difference if I stopped taking it altogether. Same in fact with the Lialda, which I was on for ulcerative colitis.

However, in recent weeks I've found myself alternating between paranoid rage and bouts of tearful self pity, sometimes culminating in thoughts that my family would be better off without me. I've talked this through with the wife, and we've agreed that I'm nuts, and that stresses at work (where I feel completely undervalued) are likely also playing a role.

But should I go back on the Sertraline? Is this my old problems resurfacing (although my issue was mainly anxiety), or is this some kind of fucked up delayed withrdrawal? Obviously I need to talk to a health professional, but I'd appreciate hearing from the Pit, which contains both experts and those who've been down this path myself.

(No need for sympathy -- got plenty of that during my recent ER trip, ta very much!)
Its lightweight, over the counter stuff, but I've used Theanine to good effect. Specifically, products containing "Suntheanine". It works for anxiety & is cheap enough to be worth trying. Of course, if the problem is bad enough, heavier stuff will be necessary.
Thanks for the suggestion -- but to be clear, my problem is no longer anxiety. Working together, the Sertraline and cognitive behavioral therapy seemed to have knocked that one on the head. Awesome! But now that I've come off the sertraline, I've turned into a suicidal rage monster...
I was going to have to write a lot more than I am now, because of the answers already posted, but I sound when I dropped my sertraline, I started getting really irritable and snappish - it happened over a period of about two weeks off before I went back on. I'm on 50mg/day, but going to drop that to 25mg to see how that goes.

I didn't get suicidal, just irritable.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Brive1987 wrote: I am disappointed Damion hasn’t organised a crowd funding exercise to send me to Lauren Southern’s dinner-do with a list of Pit approved challenges.
I try to keep my focus on the skeptic/humanist/atheist/rationalist/theophobic communities.

Lauren Southern wouldn't even be on my radar, but for reading here.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Ulcerative colitis.
What's UC?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Screwed that up. Sorry.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Having previously tried Moclobemide, an SSRI (not available in the US)....
Moclobemide is actually an MAOI, albeit a bit safer than the old-fashioned kind, and less likely to kill you when you eat a cheese and Marmite sandwich.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Lsuoma wrote:
dogen wrote:
Easy J wrote:

I was going to have to write a lot more than I am now, because of the answers already posted, but I sound when I dropped my sertraline, I started getting really irritable and snappish - it happened over a period of about two weeks off before I went back on. I'm on 50mg/day, but going to drop that to 25mg to see how that goes.

What the Korean Tit said, but for me the drug was Cymbalta (Duloxetine). Never felt so twitchy, irritable, weepy ("tearful self pity" as you put it was exactly what I felt, and work was also incredibly stressful at the time) as when I came off that (admittedly it was done in a way which was not well managed by my then doctor). I have not read any literature about this (following Becky Watson's rules for scientific inquiry), but my assumption is that removing the anti-depressant quickly destabilizes the synaptic functioning such that they behave non-uniformly across the brain, which either causes the anxiety etc directly, or else leads an anxiety-prone brain to freak out at the confusing input and get anxious.

The amygdala is well known among the usual suspects (therapists, yurt-dwellers, etc) as being involved in anxiety, due to its role in emotional processing including fear. Theory being that anxious people do not respond well to everyday events, which get interpreted into fear responses instead of being dealt with, and thus anxiety. Again, take this information with a pinch of Watson.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Sorry to be so cavalier about everyone's mental health, but Anorgasmia sounds like the name of the latest SJW super-heroine.
They've been waiting for her to appear and save them but so far she's taking ages to come.
:rimshot:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

screwtape wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:43 am

Seems to me that two weeks back on the sertraline would answer your question in a pragmatic fashion. The natural history of anxiety is that it progresses to depression, especially if not treated or if under-treated. A brain that lives in fear eventually gets overwhelmed and goes down the black spiral, and you seem to be talking about irritability, which is the first and most sensitive marker of falling mood. We all know the feeling of having to walk on eggshells when interacting with depressed people - they are so irritable, and it's the reduction in irritability that is the first thing people notice when they respond to anti-depressants, and it's noticed by those around the patient long before they feel it themselves. It's also true that people who respond to SSRI's often find their effectiveness waning with time, in which case a switch to an SNRI usually works, although they take longer to start showing effects. If the sertraline helps but incompletely it would make sense to look at venlafaxine or the like.
It may be that your recent issue with palpitations will turn out to be anxiety related, using Occam's britva. If you are lucky the UC may stay in remission, though it does tend to relapse sooner or later. Don't play games with that if it comes back, as UC can go quite nasty.
My statement about anxiety progressing to depression isn't based on a theoretical model, really, just the well-known observation that a ten year follow-up of those with an anxiety diagnosis shows they will almost all have been diagnosed with depression as well in the interim.
Sounds like sound advice. I took Zoloft for years with it working well, but it gradually became less effective so I was switched over to Venlafaxine.
I work at dealing with stress which seems to be the main culprit with my depression. Also important is adequate sleep and exercise.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

screwtape wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
Having previously tried Moclobemide, an SSRI (not available in the US)....
Moclobemide is actually an MAOI, albeit a bit safer than the old-fashioned kind, and less likely to kill you when you eat a cheese and Marmite sandwich.
Sorry, you're right of course, I got my SSRI (Sertraline) mixed with my MAOI (Mocolobemide) (it's been a while)
Not recommended virtually or in real life.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

d4m10n wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I am disappointed Damion hasn’t organised a crowd funding exercise to send me to Lauren Southern’s dinner-do with a list of Pit approved challenges.
I try to keep my focus on the skeptic/humanist/atheist/rationalist/theophobic communities.

"Theophobic" is fantastically Orwellian word. I hope you never inspire any fundamentalist to use it to discredit criticism of religion.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Kirbmarc wrote: "Theophobic" is fantastically Orwellian word. I hope you never inspire any fundamentalist to use it to discredit criticism of religion.
Just tryna get the acronym to work. :mrgreen:

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

A couple of days ago I posted about the unfunny comedian from Tasmania, whose Netflix special is currently being pushed by feminists. I've noticed something. Remember a few years ago when a black team won a national forensics competition not by debating the chosen topic but by crying oppression? They were hailed as "hacking" forensics and "transcending" the format. I'm seeing very similar praise heaped on Gadsby's special. It's not funny because it's beyond comedy, it's better than comedy.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It’s not quite Wilfred Owen, but quality war poetry comes along so rarely ....

http://i.imgur.com/NBxLUKN.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

d4m10n wrote:

That doesn’t make me feelz any better.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Slightly new blimp since Churchill’s time. The place must be under new management.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

What Zvan is reminding you is that Zvan is watching. She's might be a nobody, but she can cause trouble if you don't jump through her hoops.

I think a fair agreement would also require everyone to refer to Zvan as "That fat bag of ugly in the front row."

https://imgur.com/e4uUYL0.png

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote: Slightly new blimp since Churchill’s time. The place must be under new management.

Bikini ads are outlawed in Khan's London, but this naked-titty thing isn't?

Actually, I love the blimp, but flying it over Parliament during a state visit? That's fucking CRASS, which is what everyone says about Trump.

I think Khan will come to regret this idiot move.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lsuoma wrote: snip

And then everybody else wanted to kill you.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Ape+lust wrote: I think Khan will come to regret this idiot move.
Here's how you do obsessive hatred right:

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Tho I'm not sure who Kahn is, an orthodox Jewish rabbi in New York?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: snip

And then everybody else wanted to kill you.
Another reason he shouldn't have nukes.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Carrier's gearing up to do one of his bar tours next month. It's a strange thing for a public intellectual to do, driving to liquor dumps in random cities and sleeping it off on strange couches.

But then, you remember he's a playa with a nationwide harem. They need refreshing with Carrier Goo once in a while.

https://imgur.com/owj8Al4.jpg

https://imgur.com/bHdRULc.jpg

https://imgur.com/JZkFVv7.jpg

https://imgur.com/910PpK2.jpg

https://imgur.com/LR53pmn.jpg

https://imgur.com/DkTi1M3.jpg

https://imgur.com/6FmMWBA.jpg

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

John Fluevog Is Cool Again. Maybe He Always Was.

John Fluevog? Who?

Even staunch shoe devotees may know his work — but not that there’s a designer behind it.

Despite his memorably odd-sounding surname (flew-vog, Norwegian — more about that later); despite the celebrities sighted wearing his often clompy footwear (Kit Harington, Scarlett Johansson, Woody Harrelson, Beyoncé, Sam Rockwell, Marisa Berenson); despite the bizarrely disparate cult following of punk rockers and alt-rockers, academics, techies, nurses, New Wavers, senior citizens, artists, Neo-Romantics, the orthopedically inclined and many, many foreigners; and despite a reputation for high quality and comfort, Mr. Fluevog and his edgy, funky women’s, men’s and gender-bending shoe and boot collections have been anomalies, outside the pale of the footwear establishment, ever since they first appeared in the 1970s.

‘Sort of Classic Now’
This has already begun. In stores this month, Fluevog Shoes is teaming with Opening Ceremony to make silver glitter and black and pink renditions of the Louis XIV-esque Munster pump, that club-scene favorite with its big buckle and four-inch bell-bottom platform heel, now celebrating its 30th anniversary. Price? $355.

“I like these shoes,” the singer Lady Miss Kier has said, “because they’re easy to dance in, unlike the majority of high heels.”

She famously wore her Munsters on the cover of the Deee-lite debut album, “World Clique.” Madonna also had them on in the 1991 documentary “Truth or Dare.”

https://i.imgur.com/VpQkmSZ.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ape+lust wrote: Carrier's gearing up to do one of his bar tours next month. It's a strange thing for a public intellectual to do, driving to liquor dumps in random cities and sleeping it off on strange couches.

But then, you remember he's a playa with a nationwide harem. They need refreshing with Carrier Goo once in a while.

https://imgur.com/owj8Al4.jpg

https://imgur.com/bHdRULc.jpg

https://imgur.com/JZkFVv7.jpg

https://imgur.com/910PpK2.jpg

https://imgur.com/LR53pmn.jpg

https://imgur.com/DkTi1M3.jpg

https://imgur.com/6FmMWBA.jpg
The funny thing is, these aren't bookings with the establishments. He's just showing up, plopping himself down on a bar stool, and hoping someone comes and talks to him. And if not, then saying 'Hi! Are you familiar with polyamory?' to women whose boyfriends have left momentarily to take a whiz.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The funny thing is, these aren't bookings with the establishments. He's just showing up, plopping himself down on a bar stool, and hoping someone comes and talks to him. And if not, then saying 'Hi! Are you familiar with polyamory?' to women whose boyfriends have left momentarily to take a whiz.
Yeah, that makes it all the weirder. There were a couple of instances where the bar was either closed or full up and he had to post a flurry of tweets advising everyone I'm not THERE, I'm over HERE on this MAP. It's a pretty fucked up situation to be in after you've driven 300 miles :lol:

Richard Carrier sleeping off a road trip bender:

https://imgur.com/pkBhwuc.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:55 am
Shatterface wrote: Guardian literally murdering transfolk:
There is no single cure for unhappy girls, but as adults it is up to us to teach our children that one does not need to change one’s body to reject socially imposed gender stereotypes. Girls can swing from the trees like monkeys and plait their own leg hair; they can play with tea sets and measure their life in lipsticks; or they can do all of the above simultaneously, if they so please, and none of this has anything to do with their bodies, biology or brain colour. Biological sex goes deeper than leg hair.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ink-v-blue
<snip>

But on the whole, the article makes sense and will surely send the transradicals into a frenzy.
Indeed. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch, in general in any case. Though I think Freeman hit a couple of false notes, particularly with her "An aversion to dolls and dresses is no proof you’re a man", although that is maybe less due to Freeman than to the headline Editor. Insufficient emphasis on biological definitions.

In any case, Freeman's article is certainly going to do something to hasten #PeakTrans - if the tide hasn't already been well turned; end of the beginning and all that. But, ICYMI, quite a good article on the topic over at The Spectator:

Article is kind of behind a paywall, although the link in the tweet might work. And one can always register quite easily to get several freebies every week. But the nub of the matter, or at least a major one:

Transgenderism_Spectator_Full1A.jpg
(154.91 KiB) Downloaded 211 times

Rather a large number of outright thugs in the transactivist crowd - #TransLoonies, the lot of them.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Making the rounds on Twatter:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:23 pm
d4m10n wrote:

Sad to say, but the skeptic/humanist/atheist/rationalist/theophobic communities are dead. What can one do? Go to TAM? Hope for a panel at Skepticon? Do a panel with Lilindra Ra's friend without getting torpedoed?

It's over.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Steven Tyler looks like my mom.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Really? wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:33 pm
Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:23 pm
d4m10n wrote:

Sad to say, but the skeptic/humanist/atheist/rationalist/theophobic communities are dead. What can one do? Go to TAM? Hope for a panel at Skepticon? Do a panel with Lilindra Ra's friend without getting torpedoed?

It's over.
Did we win first? Or did A/S and FTB circle the plughole together?

I date the death of A/S to JREF’s demise

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:
Did we win first? Or did A/S and FTB circle the plughole together?

I date the death of A/S to JREF’s demise
The operation was a success but the patient died.

Like Atheism+ it's suicide was enabled by an Alt-Right 5th column.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9aibz30Rf0

Or maybe not, for everything there is a season, turn, turn, turn and all that...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I don’t know how you watch that crap.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

It's easy enough - set it to the beginning, press play, watch it through to the end, and then stop.

It's always a good idea to keep an ear to the ground to find out what both those you (ostensibly) agree with as well as those you don't are saying.

And when people come to write the history of A/S or New Atheism or Atheism+ - I'd like the record to show the alternative narratives.

Keating

Post by Keating »

But there are no thots in it.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

d4m10n wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: "Theophobic" is fantastically Orwellian word. I hope you never inspire any fundamentalist to use it to discredit criticism of religion.
Just tryna get the acronym to work. :mrgreen:
I self identify as a credulophobe.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

DrokkIt wrote: I self identify as a credulophobe.
You poor man.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Keating wrote: But there are no thots in it.
An interview with Mark Collet where they mention an Alt-Lite East European tranny is the best they have on offer I'm afraid.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

You got it wrong. Let me demonstrate how these things work for the patron:

https://cdn.ricochet.com/wp-content/upl ... 00x480.jpg

John: Why is that guy staring at us?
Jane: Well, he seems a little .. weird
Clerk: Don't you know? Richard Carrier is the author of many books and numerous articles online and in print. His avid readers span the world from Hong Kong to Poland. With a Ph.D. in ancient history from Columbia University, he specializes in the modern philosophy of naturalism, humanism, and feminism, and the origins of Christianity and the intellectual history of Greece and Rome, with particular expertise in ancient philosophy, science and technology. He is also a noted defender of scientific and moral realism, Bayesian reasoning, and historical methods.
John: huh?
Clerk: He draws big crowds to places like this.
Jane: He does?
Clerk: yesterday we were empty. Tonight you are here. He will discuss anything. But beware, his rationality will often be the final word on any subject. It ends all rational discussion so to speak.
Richard Carrier [slowly looking up from his White Russian]: Polyamory solves more problems than it causes. And all the problems it causes aren’t really unique to poly.
John: Can we have the check, please?
Richard: All the reasons people might think monogamy is better (and not just for them, but for everyone), turn out not to be true, or lack evidence. And like Christian apologetics, monogamy apologetics will leave out data regarding the benefits of alternatives, in order to oversell the benefit of compliance with antiquated norms. Monogamy, after all, was invented for men to control women as property, and like a kluge, it has since been clunkily tinkered with to align more with our modern egalitarian values. But the two don’t really fit. You can’t value freedom, consent, diversity, equality, and autonomy, and insist monogamy remain the norm. Monogamy is an option. And for many, not the best.
John: Hey, the check, please. Please! [Waving 50 doallrs]
Clerk: be right with you....
Jane: John!! For the love of god! Just leave the 50, I want to leave....[couple rushes out]
Richard: Guess what? Research shows you are just as likely to catch an STI when “monogamous” than when ethically non-monogamous. In fact, if you are “monogamous,” you are actually substantially more likely to catch an STI if your partner is cheating. Because ethically non-monogamous people are extremely conscientious about safe sex practices, testing, and communication. Monogamous couples are not. In reality, if you are in a monogamous relationship, odds are good you are actually just “monogamous.” Because it’s all too common for one of you to in fact be unethically non-monogamous.
Clerk: Thanks, Richie - here's your split.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:17 am
It's easy enough - set it to the beginning, press play, watch it through to the end, and then stop.

It's always a good idea to keep an ear to the ground to find out what both those you (ostensibly) agree with as well as those you don't are saying.

And when people come to write the history of A/S or New Atheism or Atheism+ - I'd like the record to show the alternative narratives.
Before watching, my hypothesis is that this American alt right will be ridiculous KKK level nazism. In a fascist civic national country, only MAGA makes sense.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: Before watching, my hypothesis is that this American alt right will be ridiculous KKK level nazism. In a fascist civic national country, only MAGA makes sense.
This clip is them goofing on Atheism+. There are other ones where they interview such luminaries as Mark Collet and/or talk about more serious issues.

In fact you posted one of their song parodies before.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

The Trump Baby Balloon has ruffled some feathers, and a typical response....

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I think Richard Carrier can be saved. I think we are still about 15 years out but I believe at some point. He will figure out that he has been fooling himself all this time.

He is just a guy who has some ideas, doesn't want to work, and wants to crush as much puss as possible. That actually isn't all that uncommon.

So in the modern parlance, come at me bro.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d2d359a ... id=9303446

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hilarious that 13K pounds have been raised in about a day (so far) for a Khan baby balloon.

https://www.westmonster.com/campaign-fo ... 0k-target/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Fuck you commander. :nin:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CommanderTuvok wrote: The Trump Baby Balloon has ruffled some feathers, and a typical response....

https://twitter.com/WestmonsterUK/statu ... 8960317441

Rent Pink Floyd's pigs and put Baby Khan labels on those. If they're going to fly balloons, may as well make it hurt.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Snapfingers wrote: You got it wrong. Let me demonstrate how these things work for the patron:

John: Why is that guy staring at us?
Jane: Well, he seems a little .. weird
Clerk: Don't you know? Richard Carrier is the author of many books and numerous articles online and in print. His avid readers span the world from Hong Kong to Poland. With a Ph.D. in ancient history from Columbia University, he specializes in the modern philosophy of naturalism, humanism, and feminism, and the origins of Christianity and the intellectual history of Greece and Rome, with particular expertise in ancient philosophy, science and technology. He is also a noted defender of scientific and moral realism, Bayesian reasoning, and historical methods.
John: huh?
Clerk: He draws big crowds to places like this.
Jane: He does?
Clerk: yesterday we were empty. Tonight you are here. He will discuss anything. But beware, his rationality will often be the final word on any subject. It ends all rational discussion so to speak.
Richard Carrier [slowly looking up from his White Russian]: Polyamory solves more problems than it causes. And all the problems it causes aren’t really unique to poly.
John: Can we have the check, please?
Richard: All the reasons people might think monogamy is better (and not just for them, but for everyone), turn out not to be true, or lack evidence. And like Christian apologetics, monogamy apologetics will leave out data regarding the benefits of alternatives, in order to oversell the benefit of compliance with antiquated norms. Monogamy, after all, was invented for men to control women as property, and like a kluge, it has since been clunkily tinkered with to align more with our modern egalitarian values. But the two don’t really fit. You can’t value freedom, consent, diversity, equality, and autonomy, and insist monogamy remain the norm. Monogamy is an option. And for many, not the best.
John: Hey, the check, please. Please! [Waving 50 doallrs]
Clerk: be right with you....
Jane: John!! For the love of god! Just leave the 50, I want to leave....[couple rushes out]
Richard: Guess what? Research shows you are just as likely to catch an STI when “monogamous” than when ethically non-monogamous. In fact, if you are “monogamous,” you are actually substantially more likely to catch an STI if your partner is cheating. Because ethically non-monogamous people are extremely conscientious about safe sex practices, testing, and communication. Monogamous couples are not. In reality, if you are in a monogamous relationship, odds are good you are actually just “monogamous.” Because it’s all too common for one of you to in fact be unethically non-monogamous.
Clerk: Thanks, Richie - here's your split.
:shock:...

:lol: :clap: :clap:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote: work, and wants to crush as much puss as possible. That actually isn't all that uncommon.

So in the modern parlance, come at me bro.
<no Gif - though are are looking well in that one Com.>
The trick is making a case why anyone should give a shit about him. Especially, if as you put it, he is not a particularly remarkable individual.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

RCarrier : " Two coffees , please"
Bartender: "Sorry, we're out of cream for your coffee"
RC: "It's Ok, I've brought my own."
B:"Second thoughts, I'm outa coffee too."