Post by jg64 »

All have been rescued from the Thai cave

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44782132

Hunt

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by Hunt »

jg64 wrote: All have been rescued from the Thai cave

Great news. Note to misanthropes of the world: people can be shitty, but also wonderful. When the whole world holds its breath as a group of boys on the other side of the world are saved against all odds, we can't be all bad.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Hunt wrote:

Great news. Note to misanthropes of the world: people can be shitty, but also wonderful. When the whole world holds its breath as a group of boys on the other side of the world are saved against all odds, we can't be all bad.
Indeed. As keen football fans , thankfully the kids didnt take their diving lessons from that crybaby prat Neymar.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:53 pm
I guess I'm just tired of all the bickering. Right now I should be celebrating our signing with a new label for our next album's release. We will even make a music video, with CGI and all. At least, that's the plan.

Or I can post another recipe...
Very cool, Phil, congrats. And... I'm hoping the bickering stays safely of the main page.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Couple of things stand out to me:
And we don’t want them to stay, so the demands for permanent residency and citizenship have been made almost impossible to meet. This also helps to keep them out of the democratic voting procedure.
Just like Cloud-Cuckoo Land Switzerland.
Comments on this piece are premoderated to ensure the discussion remains on the topics raised by the author.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Hunt wrote: Can you tell me how to bone a chicken?
Once you've boned a chicken no other bird is good enough.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

some self-loathing Danish cunt wrote:From the Danish media you get the impression that integration is a total disaster. In fact things are going better than ever: last year we saw a 60% rise in the number of employed new refugees.
Cuz integration starts & ends at getting a job.

There are serious discussions about mandatory serving of pork in state institutions; whether bus drivers are able to drive safely during Ramadan; fining the 40 women who wear a niqab for doing so; and we consider banning circumcision of boys (Jewish people caught up in this are simply collateral damage).
In contrast to all this, most Danes actually like their “non-western” neighbours.
Weird dietary restrictions that include torturing animals, fasting once a year for 30 days straight, swaddling up succubi womenfolk so they don’t tempt men, and mutilating infants’ genitals -- yeah, Danes really like neighbors like that.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote:
And nothing beats a spatchcock.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

At least he can fall back on career as Godfrey Elfwick celebrity impersonator...

https://i.imgur.com/mMdmNqV.png

https://nypost.com/2018/07/10/feminist- ... essage_app

Feminist Apparel CEO fires staff after sexual abuse surfaces
By Natalie O'Neill July 10, 2018 | 3:31pm

The CEO of activist clothing line Feminist Apparel fired his entire staff after they found out he was an admitted sexual abuser, according to a report.

Alan Martofel — whose Philadelphia-based firm hawks T-shirts that proclaim, “Misogyny kills” and “Don’t tell me to smile” — admitted to forcing an unconscious woman to touch his genitals and other inappropriate sex acts in a social media post, according to refinery29.com.

“[It’s] toxic masculinity at its f–king finest,” fumed Rebecca Green, the company’s art director — who was canned after discovering her boss’ indiscretions. “I feel righteous and angry.”

Martofel made the admission on his personal Facebook page, recalling specific times he had sexually abused women, the website reported.

“I’m someone who’s guilty of it. I’ve grinded up on women on buses and at concerts without their consent. I’ve made out with ‘the drunk chick’ at a party because it was easier. I’ve put a woman’s hand on my d–k while she was sleeping,” Martofel admitted in the October 2013 post.

He claimed to be a recovering abuser and said that launching the feminist firm was a “humble attempt” to “solve” the problem.

But the admission came back to haunt him last month when Feminist Apparel was tagged in a post accusing him of rape — and staffers learned the true origin story of the company.

“This was a place that claimed to be ethical and feminist,” Ryker Fry, the company’s now-fired office and HR manager, told Refinery29. “It was so hard to hear that Alan had done those things and hidden them from us, because that meant that we had been working for an abuser who was taking money from abuse victims.”

When staffers confronted him about it, he at first agreed to step down, saying he considered himself “a liability to the company,” staffers told the site.

But on July 1, all nine employees received an email notifying them they were fired.

“Due to transitions the company is currently undertaking, I regret to inform you…you are no longer employed by Feminist Apparel,” the email said.

Martofel defended the post on a company blog, saying he chose to openly share his past.

“This was not a private message someone dug up. This was something I went out of my way to share with my community at the time as a means to spark dialogue around the negative impact of toxic masculinity,” he wrote. “I acknowledged my wrongdoing and committed myself to work within this movement.”

“I was made aware that [staffers] unequivocally, do not share my views on either business or feminism,” he wrote.

Other feminist-slogan T-shirts sold by the firm include phrases such as “Trans rights are human rights” and “Pizza rolls — not gender roles.”

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Really? wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:17 pm

Kinda sick of being lectured on privilege by people who grew up in mansions...
But they would be the ones that would know about it right?

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

comhcinc wrote:
Really? wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:17 pm

Kinda sick of being lectured on privilege by people who grew up in mansions...
But they would be the ones that would know about it right?
Damn... I hate it when com makes sense. :D

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I've never been asked to check my privilege by anyone less privileged than myself.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Shatterface wrote: I've never been asked to check my privilege by anyone less privileged than myself.
Check your privilege checking privilege.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:39 am
Hunt wrote:

Indeed. As keen football fans , thankfully the kids didnt take their diving lessons from that crybaby prat Neymar.
I am up late Pacific Coast Time and it was very hard at 4am to not just keep hitting refresh on a couple of the pages tracking the rescues.

I am very very happy the kids are out.

I am also waiting to read how toxic masculinity got them into the cave, and see the Rian Johnson movie that will explore how the all female SEAL team worked together against Patriarchy to rescue the boys, of which at least seven are transgender.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:39 am
Hunt wrote:

I am up late Pacific Coast Time and it was very hard at 4am to not just keep hitting refresh on a couple of the pages tracking the rescues.

I am very very happy the kids are out.

I am also waiting to read how toxic masculinity got them into the cave, and see the Rian Johnson movie that will explore how the all female SEAL team worked together against Patriarchy to rescue the boys, of which at least seven are transgender.
If it weren't for the brave forethought of Elon Musk in challenging those pussy cave diver types to get in there and make heroes of themselves it wouldn't have happened. They were just going to do nothing until Elon proposed to send in his kiddy sized rescue sub and steal their glory. True story.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

30. I discovered that the world should be divided not into good and bad people but into cowards and non-cowards. Ninety-five percent of cowards are capable of the vilest things, lethal things, at the mildest threat.
https://www.theparisreview.org/blog/201 ... the-gulag/

Intersting observations from a gulag survivor.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

free thoughtpolice wrote: If it weren't for the brave forethought of Elon Musk in challenging those pussy cave diver types to get in there and make heroes of themselves it wouldn't have happened. They were just going to do nothing until Elon proposed to send in his kiddy sized rescue sub and steal their glory. True story.
The only thing I would find more terrifying than being stuck a mile underground in a flooded cave would be to being shoved into a suppository shaped "submarine" and then dragged under water. I would rather have one of the Seals just put me out of my misery.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
I guess I'm just tired of all the bickering. Right now I should be celebrating our signing with a new label for our next album's release. We will even make a music video, with CGI and all. At least, that's the plan.

You've got chops. Why not do both? Triple Rectifier Sundae, mmmm :dance:

https://imgur.com/cOlkySl.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Hunt wrote:

Hear, hear!

Another recent cave rescue that'll warm hearts:

https://imgur.com/L3ObJoS.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/teen-ge ... 54444.html

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:41 am
some self-loathing Danish cunt wrote:There are serious discussions about mandatory serving of pork in state institutions; whether bus drivers are able to drive safely during Ramadan; fining the 40 women who wear a niqab for doing so; and we consider banning circumcision of boys (Jewish people caught up in this are simply collateral damage).
There is a persistent myth that there are only some 40 fully-masked women in all of Denmark. Bollocks. In my neighbourhood alone there must be a few dozen.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Yesterday's Picture of the Now on ED -- screencap of BBC ticker:

https://imgur.com/glJ75Vz.jpg

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

feathers wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:41 am
some self-loathing Danish cunt wrote:There are serious discussions about mandatory serving of pork in state institutions; whether bus drivers are able to drive safely during Ramadan; fining the 40 women who wear a niqab for doing so; and we consider banning circumcision of boys (Jewish people caught up in this are simply collateral damage).
There is a persistent myth that there are only some 40 fully-masked women in all of Denmark. Bollocks. In my neighbourhood alone there must be a few dozen.
I remember you saying you were in NV? Lovely place if you want to experience the cultural enrichment firsthand.
They are conflating Burka and Niqab and with the Niqab the are conflating full and "half" Niqab.
Estimated numbers are:
Burka (the afghanistani cover witht the little mesh i front of eyes.: less than 30, some sources say as few as 5 (this might be where the 40-figure comes from.)
Full Niqab (a slit for the eyes): 150-200
Half Niqab (face cover combined with forehead cover): another 200.
Chador: face is free, but tight scarf covers neck, ears and some of the cheeks.: 1000's. This last is legal and there are no official estimate.

This doesn't correlate with my day-to-day observations either. I couldn't find anything about the methodology of the findings, and I think there may be a large group that choose to wear Niqab once in a while and not permanently. I also suspect there is some under reporting from the Muslims in order to minimize the problem.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

Oh, found an article on the methodolgy: they asked some people (including Imams) and they made a guess.
https://www.bt.dk/danmark/b.t.-afsloere ... -gaetvaerk
:bjarte:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Ape+lust wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

You've got chops. Why not do both? Triple Rectifier Sundae, mmmm :dance:

https://imgur.com/cOlkySl.jpg
:character-beavisbutthead: :music-rockout:

feathers

Post by feathers »

Snapfingers wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:15 am
Oh, found an article on the methodolgy: they asked some people (including Imams) and they made a guess.
https://www.bt.dk/danmark/b.t.-afsloere ... -gaetvaerk
:bjarte:
bt wrote:Men gætterierne varierer fra alt mellem 30-40 personer, som talsmand Imran Shah fra Islamisk Trossamfund gætter på, og 200-400 personer, som journalist Lene Kühle fra Weekendavisen gætter på. Ellers lyder der et par gæt på 'højst 100', og et gæt på 'mellem 50-150', samt en tidligere undersøgelse med mange forbehold, der byder ind med 60 personer, og en enkelt professor i statistik, som siger 'mindst 24 og højst 196'.

Sidstnævnte professor forklarer, at han gav sit bud i en telefonsamtale. Han har meget svært ved at huske sagen og anede faktisk ikke, at han figurerede i undersøgelsen.
English, motherfucker wrote:But the estimates vary from 30-40 persons, as spokesman Imran Shah of the Islamic Faith Community guesses, and 200-400 persons as journalist Lene Kühle of Weekendavisen thinks. Otherwise there are some guesses of "100 at most", and one of "between 50 and 150", and an earlier investigation which claims 60 people with due reservations, and a single statistics professor who says "at least 24 and at most 196"

The latter, professor [Sven Kreiner of the Institute for Public Health] explains he gave his estimate in a telephone conversation. He can hardly remember the case and had no idea he participated in the research.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Ape+lust wrote:
Hunt wrote:

Hear, hear!

exhausting ordeal

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

But seriously, I would set up a gofundme to award her $1000 for every documented time she said "this is exhausting" during it.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

:D :D :D

Well done, Ape! I may have to post that one on our official page someday.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

:rimshot: Same for any relief worker who said "relax, you're exhausted"

:) Life is good, life is good.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Hunt wrote: But seriously, I would set up a gofundme to award her $1000 for every documented time she said "this is exhausting" during it.
I get the feeling that if she had the energy she would have been 'laying pipes'.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Shatterface wrote:
Ducks are better. Once you've had quack you never go back.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

On pz's recommendation I watched the last half of Hannah Gadsby's Netflix special (previously reviewed here). For any person of male persuasion watching this: if your version of entertainment is being repeatedly kicked in the balls, this is for you!

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Ape+lust wrote:
Hunt wrote:

Hear, hear!

Where's Elon Musk when you need him? Where was International Rescue?
MWSnap117 2018-07-11, 13_22_33.jpg
(74.28 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... m-42271150

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

This gave me a chuckle.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Hunt wrote: On pz's recommendation I watched the last half of Hannah Gadsby's Netflix special (previously reviewed here). For any person of male persuasion watching this: if your version of entertainment is being repeatedly kicked in the balls, this is for you!
Thanks, I will check it out.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I'm sure Freud would have something to say about that tailpipe.

They say country songs are just about girls, trucks, and beer. But have these songs ever combined all three?
That would be Bro Country, a particularly insidious form of mental retardation that manifests as a young redneck wiggah rapping about driving his pimped out F-150 to some party in a field, getting shitfaced on everclear, finding a shitfaced young hottie in micro-shorts and cowboy boots, then copulating with said shitfaced young hottie in the bed of said toy truck.

It's things like these that Napalm™ was invented for.

There is, in fact, a whole lot of good, serious country being produced nowadays that doesn't involve mass borderline behavior. Just one example:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

There used to be a magazine just for that. It was called National Geographic.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

What she describes is seriously fuckng scary and dangerous.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
They say country songs are just about girls, trucks, and beer. But have these songs ever combined all three?
That would be Bro Country, a particularly insidious form of mental retardation that manifests as a young redneck wiggah rapping about driving his pimped out F-150 to some party in a field, getting shitfaced on everclear, finding a shitfaced young hottie in micro-shorts and cowboy boots, then copulating with said shitfaced young hottie in the bed of said toy truck.
There's also an Australian sub-genre, called Ocker Rock:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Not all country songs are about trucks, girls and beer. Why are you erasing songs about having to put your dog down with pappy's sawn-off?

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:03 pm
Fake news for the left. I like it. Probably financed by Putin.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: What she describes is seriously fuckng scary and dangerous.

A good example of venerean strabismus - though I have wondered whether Burgess used the term to describe non-parallel nipple axes - divergent being more common that convergent strabismus in that case. Perhaps, like fighter pilots' Brownings, they might be set to harmonise at 50 yards for maximum devastation.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bro Country's suburban sedan pretending to be a truck:
Luke-Bryan.jpg
(44.75 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
1/4-ton Z-71, crew cab for the rest of your loser wigger posse, short bed for hauling heavy loads banging on the bongos like a chimpanzee, 4x4 for accessing remote job sites dropping your fat girlfriend off at the Galeria cuz you're really a whipped beta.

My beast:
Beast.JPG
(805.93 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
1-ton '88 Silverado, 454, 4 on the floor. Amenities include a cassette player with an equalizer, broken AC, and a gaping hole in the bench seat. Fuck off Luke Bryan you wanker with your pencil dick ride. My girlfriend has a more manly truck than you.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Yeah, but Silverado. I'm really not buying John Cleese as a sheriff.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

WEIT posted the Jonathan Pie rant, and, because of Pie mentioning Dumbo, most of the comments ended up being about whether Disney films are racist. That complete dolt, GBJames, swears that not only is Dumbo part of the evil Minstrel tradition, The Lion King is also racist -- and further, that the characters in The Lion King are actually humans, not animals, which is what makes it racist.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... -politics/

Fuck me but the SJWs are completely mental.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Bro Country's suburban sedan pretending to be a truck:

Luke-Bryan.jpg

1/4-ton Z-71, crew cab for the rest of your loser wigger posse, short bed for hauling heavy loads banging on the bongos like a chimpanzee, 4x4 for accessing remote job sites dropping your fat girlfriend off at the Galeria cuz you're really a whipped beta.

My beast:

Beast.JPG

1-ton '88 Silverado, 454, 4 on the floor. Amenities include a cassette player with an equalizer, broken AC, and a gaping hole in the bench seat. Fuck off Luke Bryan you wanker with your pencil dick ride. My girlfriend has a more manly truck than you.
No rust, no dents, you can tell what color the paint is, intact grille and I bet the tailgate is present and working too. Fucking poser.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: Yeah, but Silverado.
You're dead to me, Marcus.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

MarcusAu wrote: Yeah, but Silverado. I'm really not buying John Cleese as a sheriff.
You're the reason he's leaving the UK.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

No rust, no dents, you can tell what color the paint is, intact grille and I bet the tailgate is present and working too. Fucking poser.
[/quote]
That's an old photo. Nothing you enumerate still obtains.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

A Massive, Black Sarcophagus Has Been Unearthed in Egypt, And Nobody Knows Who's Inside

https://www.sciencealert.com/images/201 ... arco-3.jpg

"Archaeological digs around ancient Egyptian sites still have plenty of secrets to give up yet – like the huge, black granite sarcophagus just discovered at an excavation in the city of Alexandria, on the northern coast of Egypt.

What really stands out about the solemn-looking coffin is its size. At 185 cm (72.8 inches) tall, 265 cm (104.3 inches) long, and 165 cm (65 inches) wide, it's the biggest ever found in Alexandria."

https://www.sciencealert.com/huge-myste ... alexandria

Anyone else interested in "mature" [Redacted]?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I hope it's Jimmy Hoffa.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Bhurzum wrote: A Massive, Black Sarcophagus Has Been Unearthed in Egypt, And Nobody Knows Who's Inside

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 8_2012.JPG

"Archaeological digs around ancient Egyptian sites still have plenty of secrets to give up yet – like the huge, black granite sarcophagus just discovered at an excavation in the city of Alexandria, on the northern coast of Egypt.

What really stands out about the solemn-looking coffin is its size. At 185 cm (72.8 inches) tall, 265 cm (104.3 inches) long, and 165 cm (65 inches) wide, it's the biggest ever found in Alexandria."

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
That's an old photo. Nothing you enumerate still obtains.
[/quote]In that case, I retract my slur.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

The goalkeeper for England looks like Tommy Robinson.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Shatterface wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: A Massive, Black Sarcophagus Has Been Unearthed in Egypt, And Nobody Knows Who's Inside

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 8_2012.JPG

You absolute bastard! When I seen that, I inhaled to laugh and my cigarette almost disappeared down my throat! Rolling about the floor, choking, gagging and starting to panic, the mutts decided it was a game and piled on. Bastard, bastard, bastard!

Anyway, it's mature black boxes I like, Ophie is ancient white...not my kink.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Can I just add - the one time I make a semi-decent post and you fuckers drag it into the gutter... :(