Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
Hunt

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by Hunt »

feathers wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:31 am
Brive1987 wrote: As an aside. I note that even after your removal as mod you still have not learnt respect for pit rules.
Rules? This is a fascist state. We are all but prisoners here, of our own device.
I know that Bhurzum at least is a prisoner of his device.
What, does he have a margarita maker?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hunt wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:03 am
Brive1987 wrote: As I said, I was genuinely interested in the screamy left faction here tearing the points down. And then I was interested in their failure to have said arguments at hand.

As an act of contrition, Kirb should now complete this task. :)
This is a useful exercise in skepticism. I didn't know Kirb was behind HateFacts until he blew it. At most my reaction was "wow, this guy really believes his shit, and he's not bad at expressing it". But good lord, that's so far below my threshold for taking someone seriously it's not funny. If that was my litmus test, I'd probably be a Hordeling. Never take seriously anything simply by slickness of presentation or veneer of truthiness. Always beware demagoguery.
Numbers. He had numbers. And graphs.

The joke is that that HateFacts presented (in the main) a better package of sources, consistent thesis and structure than Kirb’s libtard walls of text. Maybe not compelling to a liberal. But still.

Awkward.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:38 am
As I said, I was genuinely interested in the screamy left faction here tearing the points down. And then I was interested in their failure to have said arguments at hand.

As an act of contrition, Kirb should now complete this task. :)
Also, silence is not consent. Has PZ Myers taught you nothing?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote: Numbers. He had numbers. And graphs.

The joke is that that HateFacts presented (in the main) a better package of sources, consistent thesis and structure than Kirb’s libtard walls of text. Maybe not compelling to a liberal. But still.

Awkward.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Hunt wrote:
Well he made his own bed...

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Brive1987 wrote:
The joke is that that HateFacts presented (in the main) a better package of sources, consistent thesis and structure than Kirb’s libtard walls of text.
I also agree with things I already agree with :D

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Not sure what the obligation is for anyone here to refute alt-right / alt-right opinions.

But if anyone disagrees - I'm sure that the dump-trunk could arrive at any moment and unload a great steaming pile of them.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

light and right...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Kirbs little Ruse

What he thinks.
https://i.imgur.com/QhHEDND.jpg

What the pit thinks.
https://i.imgur.com/OXLmWGS.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Nobody speaks for the pit.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

...and no I'm not going to create that 'nym.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: ...As Marcus pointed out...
Don't quote me! I'm trying to establish my own brand of arseholery.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

feathers wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: As an aside. I note that even after your removal as mod you still have not learnt respect for pit rules.
Rules? This is a fascist state. We are all but prisoners here, of our own device.
Speaking of which - Major Hajioff recently reported on a massive, throbbing rocket which attempted to violate her private space.

https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_thum ... 1UhgbH.jpg

You can fill in the predictably smutty punchline for yourself. Oh, and speaking of "filling in"...[rinse/repeat]

:dance:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Keating wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Oh, and I agree, you may be right. The whole great democratic experiment may be doomed to failure. Athens would agree, Iceland may not. I don't feel like hastening or being part of its demise, though, by eliminating some people's rights in the probably vain hope of preserving other's. Once we give in to dictatorial forces, the whole of democracy and culture is given to authorirarians. I'd rather it die naturally than ignomiously.
That’s the rub though, isn’t it? What counts as giving in to dictatorial forces? There is precedent for some encroachment on liberties. We have position controls to prevent factories fouling public environments. I think it would be perfectly possible to construct a cogent argument that social inventions, like (say) universal suffrage, may similarly foul up a shared public cultural environment. (I haven’t actually tried, it’s an idea that just came to me, but seems plausible.) if so, what would be different about the controls on the factory to limiting sufferage?
I can't imagine what that would look like, really. That's likely a failure of my imigination. In our time, corporations have seized a great deal of control, and the only solutions that I think can envision as practical are those that work in tandem with market forces.

CaptainFluffyBunny

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:48 pm
Brive1987 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Not sure if this a new record, but it sure makes my Pit experience feel less like reading Stormfront.

blater.png
There's a lot of it about - 12 people ignoring so far...
Oh my god.

That’s equal parts insane, absurd and very funny.

I fear this board has no future other than the trite and trannies. Which is no problem in itself.

Just very low hanging fruit.

Maybe the true fainting couch N’s need a safe thread. Or maybe it’s time to let the fat lady sing. Maybe it’s just weird I have no-one on ignore. I’ve always seen that option as pathetically unaligned to ‘Pit culture.
Everybody but Brive just skip this post, thanks.

Until, of course, you ignore entreaties to not be redundant and post your pet peeves ad nauseam. You decided that your agenda overruled manners, did the Aussie equivalent of Mykeru's shit gifs and then called people snowflakes when they objected. Then you got nasty and weird. I bet you're a hoot at parties.

The new dude seems cut from the same cloth. There are plenty of safe spaces that will unabashedly agree that whites are being replaced, genocide, etc. Pushback doesn't mean that we're afraid of your fucking views, nor needing a safe space, you precious little bastard. I grew up where one of our neighbors (kind of a misnomer as I lived far in the country) was a grand wizard of the KKK. My town was over 99% white, with a single Asian clan, that of course ran the Chinese restaurant. My fifth-grade teacher used the term "nigger" with gleeful abandon. I've heard it all before, sometimes by men with rifles. So please, spare me your simpering, self-indulgent bullshit. You went on ignore because you have the nuance of a fireaxe, you keep posting attention whores and you're being boorish. You could actually work to affect change in your country, but instead insist we all agree 100% with you here, or we're libtards. Funny, most agree with you to some extent or the other, but that simply isn't enough for you. Jesus, man, get a grip.

You got your thread, but the attention whores must have rubbed off on you (not in a good way) so that you feel you must grandstand in the main thread. Yeah, a few posters cheer you on. Most have asked you to stop or now put you on ignore, which I will do again shortly.

Take a fucking hint.
I think you are projecting something onto Brive here. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the KKK white supremacist references look a little like the low resolution pattern matching used by the far left.

The arguments are remarkably close. Many in the KKK will profess that they don't hate blacks, but that they don't belong in white society. They are entirely against any immigration, and strongly believe their white, European heritage is in severe jeopardy. They will profess their great love for the importance of history, and that it is being sanitized to appease liberals. You may stop me when their's and Brive's arguments diverge. You might bring up the lynching, but they only did that when they felt there was a grievance that the courts refused to recognize. That also didn't happen much in the northern klans, which I was familiar with.

Unlike the far-left, I also know them as people. They were often cheerful and would happily help you change a tire or give you a lift. They weren't caricatures, not wholly evil, Hollywood tropes, but complicated people with a extremely flawed ideology. But it was an ideology most were too wrapped up in to actually see that everything they did was not only wrong, but counterproductive to their goals. But again, I was hoping most people would skip my little rant. Every once in a while, when somebody is yelling at you, it's cathartic to yell back. I'm absolutely done with it.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Bhurzum wrote:
feathers wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Speaking of which - Major Hajioff recently reported on a massive, throbbing rocket which attempted to violate her private space.

You can fill in the predictably smutty punchline for yourself. Oh, and speaking of "filling in"...[rinse/repeat]

I'd say you like a girl in uniform, but I suspect you'd like her out of it even more.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Bhurzum wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:20 am

Pick:

(a) With the Major in my bed, I ain't afraid of no muzzies no more

(b) With the Major in my bed, I won't stay minor

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

So Kirb was Matt Dillahunty all along.....?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:22 am
The problem is that culture is changing at an exponential rate, facilitated by the internet, cheaper travel and a global economy. Trying to keep a particular culture intact is going to be bucking against powerful economic forces. The degree to which a culture is subject to biological forces may be only a fraction of which it is subject to market forces. Look at South America, especially Venezuela and Chile. Similar cultures, different economies, vastly different outcomes.

Certainly genes affect behavior to some extent; to what extent do you feel it is ethical to judge on genetics and culture and not behavior? It's admittedly a tricky area, but I really believe if we resort to draconian, violating the rule-of-law measures to combat illiberal people, the cure will be worse than the disease. We either have ethics or expediency, I don't see how we can accomadate both.
Singapore, Saudi Barbaria (and other slavery-based states in the region), Cloud-Cuckoo-Clock Land, Liechtenstein and a few others land all seem to manage fine by using explicit or implicit discrimination and very high-barriers against anyone joining the selectorate. Liechtenstein and Cloud-Cuckoo-Clock Land do it very differently than the others, and somewhat differently than each other but it's all based around stopping people they don't like gaining any power, either executive or electoral. It's all based on clannishness, and every one of the ones I mentioned use economic power as the primary means of maintaining control and keeping the Others on the virtual outside.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:21 am
America promotes the fuck out of STEM. "Every child a coder" hangs from every board in my kid's schools. Every child that can and has the slightest interest in STEM is practically herded there. The humanities degrees are for people who couldn't cut it, they aren't luring any potential candidates away.

Not everybody is willing and able to work in STEM. And if you cut out immigration, at least American STEM would be bereft. The proportion of post-doc labs, graduate research, coders for apps...these are not all-American endeavors. These are hugely supported by incoming talent.

Seriously, American corporations have become so desperate for talent, they're willing to hire Brits.
There goes the neighborhood.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

InfraRedBucket wrote: So Kirb was Matt Dillahunty all along.....?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cARgkcMeoGY

(I'm not actually Matt Dillahunty)

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

We don't have enough culture on the Pit.

Joe Wilkinson's poem in last week's 8 Out of 10 Cars was a thing of beauty:

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

BoxNDox wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:21 am
America promotes the fuck out of STEM. "Every child a coder" hangs from every board in my kid's schools. Every child that can and has the slightest interest in STEM is practically herded there. The humanities degrees are for people who couldn't cut it, they aren't luring any potential candidates away.

Not everybody is willing and able to work in STEM. And if you cut out immigration, at least American STEM would be bereft. The proportion of post-doc labs, graduate research, coders for apps...these are not all-American endeavors. These are hugely supported by incoming talent.

Seriously, American corporations have become so desperate for talent, they're willing to hire Brits.
There goes the neighborhood.
Real Brits you say?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Lsuoma wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:22 am
The problem is that culture is changing at an exponential rate, facilitated by the internet, cheaper travel and a global economy. Trying to keep a particular culture intact is going to be bucking against powerful economic forces. The degree to which a culture is subject to biological forces may be only a fraction of which it is subject to market forces. Look at South America, especially Venezuela and Chile. Similar cultures, different economies, vastly different outcomes.

Certainly genes affect behavior to some extent; to what extent do you feel it is ethical to judge on genetics and culture and not behavior? It's admittedly a tricky area, but I really believe if we resort to draconian, violating the rule-of-law measures to combat illiberal people, the cure will be worse than the disease. We either have ethics or expediency, I don't see how we can accomadate both.
Singapore, Saudi Barbaria (and other slavery-based states in the region), Cloud-Cuckoo-Clock Land, Liechtenstein and a few others land all seem to manage fine by using explicit or implicit discrimination and very high-barriers against anyone joining the selectorate. Liechtenstein and Cloud-Cuckoo-Clock Land do it very differently than the others, and somewhat differently than each other but it's all based around stopping people they don't like gaining any power, either executive or electoral. It's all based on clannishness, and every one of the ones I mentioned use economic power as the primary means of maintaining control and keeping the Others on the virtual outside.
Yes, but also have very different economies and levels of traditional clannishishness. I'm not saying it can't be done, but you have two major hurdles-convincing a majority of the public and then making certain corporations (who currently profit from the status quo) don't sabotage any legislation. Those seem very high hurdles ATM.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:27 am
Brive1987 wrote: Swing and a miss Kirb. When you removed the racial component you retreat to alt lite. Which produces stronger arguments than your standard lib-tard screeds. More a QED. But I guess you had a point in mind of some sort. There was a clear sobering progression to the weird though with biological culture.

As an aside. I note that even after your removal as mod you still have not learnt respect for pit rules.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iqSbDRppgM
Yeah, well he's gone for at least a week. He may not wish to come back, which is his choice, but it's a stupid fucking thing to do for someone who has really added a huge amount of genuine value to the Pit over the years, and who knows the rules.

This isn't the first time he's done something fucking stupid, but it really is his last chance. Once more, and the ban is forever.

Fucking eejit.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote:
feathers wrote:
Hunt wrote:

<smip>

I can just imagine you hanging out of the back of that, slapping her arse and shouting Allahu Ackbar, just to see how long you could hold on...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: I can just imagine you hanging out of the back of that, slapping her arse and shouting Allahu Ackbar, just to see how long you could hold on...
That or "I thought you guys hated pork?"

Either way, I'm happy to put in the work ;)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: Yeah, well he's gone for at least a week. He may not wish to come back, which is his choice, but it's a stupid fucking thing to do for someone who has really added a huge amount of genuine value to the Pit over the years, and who knows the rules.

This isn't the first time he's done something fucking stupid, but it really is his last chance. Once more, and the ban is forever.

Fucking eejit.
I guess this is how Meyers and the otherkin at the Atheism+ forum must have felt.

You know I'm irritated by spammers who don't post in good faith too. But I'd like to think that I'm slightly better at handling it than the aforementioned cunts.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
feathers wrote:
Hunt wrote:

The point is not so much that the IDF has a sexy spokeswoman whose uniform is crying out to be slowly unbuttoned. It's that if Hamas had a spokeswoman, she'd be inside a black garbage bag. But more likely Hamas would have some beady-eyed spokesman, with nose hair long enough to string up a goat by its hind legs for ritual slaughter on Eid el Fitr.

Israel wins by TKO.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Yeah, well he's gone for at least a week. He may not wish to come back, which is his choice, but it's a stupid fucking thing to do for someone who has really added a huge amount of genuine value to the Pit over the years, and who knows the rules.

Fucking eejit.
I guess this is how Meyers and the otherkin at the Atheism+ forum must have felt.

You know I'm irritated by spammers who don't post in good faith too. But I'd like to think that I'm slightly better at handling it than the aforementioned cunts.
This is different, because I trusted him to be a mod, he knew the rules against socking, and still ignored them. Posting stuff verbatim that the board owner has laready posted and asking for explanation is somewhat different, and I don't know whether he had already posted under a different account there. However, this is breaking trust at one of the places on the web that has extremely loose rules.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Have been listening to Who's Next? all week. Fucking brilliant album.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: This is different, because I trusted him to be a mod, he knew the rules against socking, and still ignored them. Posting stuff verbatim that the board owner has laready posted and asking for explanation is somewhat different, and I don't know whether he had already posted under a different account there. However, this is breaking trust at one of the places on the web that has extremely loose rules.
I was not aware (or had forgotten) the policy here on socking (not that I'm doing it in any case).

I guess I mention it - because I was the one who prompted (or as some might put it 'bullied') the Faux-Right Guest into creating an account and logging in. As I would have done for any guest that was intent on creating an ongoing conversation here. Would Kirb have broken any rules if he had stayed as a guest and not created a second account?

In any case, it's not my call to make and he probably should as you put it - have known better.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:10 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: The US is not Europe. The US has always sold itself as a nation of immigrants, which you would expect from an initially sparsely populated land ruled by immigrants.
[....]
Some immigration and exposure to foreign cultures is desirable but what is happening in Europe is closer to an invasion sanctioned by the political classes.
America was colonized in 1608. Its culture is that of Europe's. Every wave of immigrants up until the 1910's, came almost exclusively from Europe and most importantly, learned the language and assimilated culturally. Even the Chinese out West.

The US today has c. 15 million illegal immigrants, almost exclusively from Latin America. (Not sure whether that's down from 30 million, or as the Ministry of Truth sez, we've always had 15 million undocumented migrants.) That's 5% of the total population. In no small part due to their illegal status, they do not assimilate or learn the language, rather they disappear into a vast shadow subculture. We don't have No-Go zones, but you can wander into sections of LA or in the Central Valley where for all intents & purposes it's a foreign land.

Now, although the US's illegal population is comprised of ignorant, superstitious, sexist peasants cruel to animals & enthralled to a primitive catholicism marked by cult worship of saints & the Virgin Mother, they have the potential to assimilate if compelled to. In contrast, there is no hope for integrating the moslems currently swamping Europe, barring their rapid apostasy from Islam.
I understand all that. The US definitely projects itself as a nation of immigrants and as a melting pot rather than a multi-culti society. The melting pot is, as I understand it, about the common culture being a mixture drawing from the constituent cultures with everyone sharing civic values. This is a flavour of the civic nationalism Kirb goes on about. If the purely civic nationalist approach bumps it's head against the Eurocentric semi-ethnic reality in the US then I don't think it is feasible anywhere. It's a bit like Libertarianism, breaks down when actual human beings get involved.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I was another who insisted Guest registered.

To be honest I suspected he was a Brive sock trying to get around my ignore.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

FTR, I very rarely put a few commenters on ignore, not because I disagree with them, but rather if they prove either disingenuous, tendentious, or boringly repetitive. And I make exceptions, like when Kirb was going full Wonderist, because he has made significant contributions to the conversation.

HateFacts met the latter two above criteria right out of the gate, and now we know there was disingenuousness, too. A Pitizen trolling fellow Pitizens is way beyond the Pale, and seriously undermines the openness and trust and sense of fraternity that makes the Pit so special.

I hope Kirb seriously reflects on this and does indeed return to contribute to the vibrant culture here.

NB: IMO, the combo of the ignore feature plus dedicated side threads plays a large part in the Pit's ability to sustain its unique balance of honest, animated debate, diversity of views, and cohesive community.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I understand all that. The US definitely projects itself as a nation of immigrants and as a melting pot rather than a multi-culti society. The melting pot is, as I understand it, about the common culture being a mixture drawing from the constituent cultures with everyone sharing civic values. This is a flavour of the civic nationalism Kirb goes on about. If the purely civic nationalist approach bumps it's head against the Eurocentric semi-ethnic reality in the US then I don't think it is feasible anywhere. It's a bit like Libertarianism, breaks down when actual human beings get involved.
Hey don't forget the amish and mennonites. There are probably several distinct cultures within the US that if not enforce, then at least encourage, conformity to their own local norm (which are more or less compatible with what the majority thinks it should be).

But then again maybe 'The Lottery' by Shirley Jackson was not actually journalism.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote: Have been listening to Who's Next? all week. Fucking brilliant album.
All the gems left over from the abandoned Lifehouse project.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: This is different, because I trusted him to be a mod, he knew the rules against socking, and still ignored them. Posting stuff verbatim that the board owner has laready posted and asking for explanation is somewhat different, and I don't know whether he had already posted under a different account there. However, this is breaking trust at one of the places on the web that has extremely loose rules.
I was not aware (or had forgotten) the policy here on socking (not that I'm doing it in any case).

I guess I mention it - because I was the one who prompted (or as some might put it 'bullied') the Faux-Right Guest into creating an account and logging in. As I would have done for any guest that was intent on creating an ongoing conversation here. Would Kirb have broken any rules if he had stayed as a guest and not created a second account?

In any case, it's not my call to make and he probably should as you put it - have known better.
Calling it bullying is bullshit - he was trying to get around rules that he knew existed by posting anonymously, which is also something that'll get you banned. It would have come out in the end anyway, even if the "Master Ruseman" twat hadn't fucked up. I was a little syspicious when I saw the IP that he was posting from and was keeping an eye on things, but he screwed up for me to make my job easier.

Fuck him. Like I said he's welcome back but he's garnered rather a lot more dickhead points in my estimation, to go along with those he got for not answering simple questions I posed to him. It's a shame because he was often thoughtful and added real value, but that doesn't allow you to get away with dickhead prohibited behavior.

I hope he comes back, but that's his choice.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote: Have been listening to Who's Next? all week. Fucking brilliant album.
You must have the extra extended version. It's good, but it's no Quadrophenia - one the very best rock albums ever.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: I was not aware (or had forgotten) the policy here on socking (not that I'm doing it in any case).

IIRC, house rules are: no posting as a guest if you have an account. Some folks occasionally can't, for one reason or another, log in, so they include their nym in the comment. Otherwise, it's tacit puppetry.

I've always bullied exhorted regularly posting guests to "get a goddamn 'nym" for three reasons: 1) to better keep track of who's saying what; 2) to promote the cohesiveness of the community; 3) yeah, to allow ignoring.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Lsuoma wrote:
You must have the extra extended version. It's good, but it's no Quadrophenia - one the very best rock albums ever.
https://i.imgur.com/8kFQiTY.jpg

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

MarcusAu wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:56 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I understand all that. The US definitely projects itself as a nation of immigrants and as a melting pot rather than a multi-culti society. The melting pot is, as I understand it, about the common culture being a mixture drawing from the constituent cultures with everyone sharing civic values. This is a flavour of the civic nationalism Kirb goes on about. If the purely civic nationalist approach bumps it's head against the Eurocentric semi-ethnic reality in the US then I don't think it is feasible anywhere. It's a bit like Libertarianism, breaks down when actual human beings get involved.
Hey don't forget the amish and mennonites. There are probably several distinct cultures within the US that if not enforce, then at least encourage, conformity to their own local norm (which are more or less compatible with what the majority thinks it should be).

But then again maybe 'The Lottery' by Shirley Jackson was not actually journalism.
Yes, but those groups are not really a cultural threat. They are quite happy to keep to themselves.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
I'm biased as Quadrophenia has been my all-time favorite since forever. But it and Who's Next are two different beasts. Quadrophenia is a true 'rock opera' with multiple leitmotifs building and intertwining throughout: most notably the theme of flowing water, and the four 'personality' tunes which, after introduced in the 'overture' (I Am The Sea), wend their way through the two 'acts' until bubbling up & blending into a crescendo in the penultimate track, The Rock.

That may sound a bit pretentious, but it's a fucking brilliant album.

>> For shits & giggles, I once patched together a reconstructed Lifehouse, using Who's Next, B-sides, and some archive stuff Townshend released (primarily from Lifehouse Elements). It had potential to have been up there with Quadrophenia & Tommy.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Tigzy wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:33 am
Brive1987 wrote: And you socked the Pit. I hope you obtained FT permission before enacting that disrespect.
Online profile:

https://i.imgur.com/eIdBaoJ.jpg

Real life:

https://i.imgur.com/AYO8ZI1.png

Looks like Brive got catfished and is a bit cross about it. lol
If he only would have used an avatar of a hot blonde with braids in a low cut peasant dress Brive might have proposed. :P

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Yes, but those groups are not really a cultural threat. They are quite happy to keep to themselves.
I wonder at what point the Jehovah's Witnesses get declared public enemy number one. At the very least their refusal to recite the pledge of allegience sets an example to other groups who could then dissent in other (and perhaps more disruptive) ways.

Should the government be involved in active social engineering programs or should we carry on as usual with the defacto ones set up by Facebook / Twitter et al?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Lsuoma wrote:
A great film too.

I'm hoping Criterion eventually release their print of the blu-ray in the U.K. It would be worth a double-dip.

Christ, Leslie Ash was gorgeous back then.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/03 ... 68x725.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Y'know, I wonder if Ol' Kirbo was the greatest sock 'n' troll artist ever?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Lsuoma wrote: Y'know, I wonder if Ol' Kirbo was the greatest sock 'n' troll artist ever?
:lol: Those graphs were a special touch.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Don't mind me, I'm just a moderate muslim doing my moderate thang...

Taste the diversity, Fritz!

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:43 am
http://i.imgur.com/mhiRCBM.jpg
It has been tried before.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote: Don't mind me, I'm just a moderate muslim doing my moderate thang...

Taste the diversity, Fritz!
Can't be a Muzzie - they NEVER drink beer, right?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Imo the finest The Who record is... LIVE AT LEEDS!!! Superb.

#FREEKIRB omg can we get 50 likes

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

DrokkIt wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:25 pm

It's great, all right, but severely truncated. Well worth listening to the WHOle concert if you can find it (has it been released on CD yet?)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote: I was another who insisted Guest registered.

To be honest I suspected he was a Brive sock trying to get around my ignore.
Which says more about ....

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:33 am
Brive1987 wrote: And you socked the Pit. I hope you obtained FT permission before enacting that disrespect.
Online profile:

[i.mg]https://i.imgur.com/eIdBaoJ.jpg[/img]

Real life:

[.img]https://i.imgur.com/AYO8ZI1.png[/img]

Looks like Brive got catfished and is a bit cross about it. lol
If he only would have used an avatar of a hot blonde with braids in a low cut peasant dress Brive might have proposed. :P
Which would be presumptuous as I don’t think I replied or directly referenced any post (from memory). He was a rolling rock and I was keen to see how the Pit parried him.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: I was not aware (or had forgotten) the policy here on socking (not that I'm doing it in any case).

IIRC, house rules are: no posting as a guest if you have an account. Some folks occasionally can't, for one reason or another, log in, so they include their nym in the comment. Otherwise, it's tacit puppetry.

I've always bullied exhorted regularly posting guests to "get a goddamn 'nym" for three reasons: 1) to better keep track of who's saying what; 2) to promote the cohesiveness of the community; 3) yeah, to allow ignoring.
Anyone who thinks I was being literal when I said “bullied” doesn’t understand my tendencies to exaggerate for effect. That would have been a very low threshold for the term

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:41 pm
Anyone who thinks I was being literal when I said “bullied” doesn’t understand my tendencies to exaggerate for effect. That would have been a very low threshold for the term
I didn't even know it was you. I just ran with the meme.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:25 pm

It's great, all right, but severely truncated. Well worth listening to the WHOle concert if you can find it (has it been released on CD yet?)
Yes, it has.

My friends' band used to do a set of the original Live At Leeds tracks straight through.

The Isle of Wight concert is available, too, and the DVD is worth watching.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The arguments are remarkably close. Many in the KKK will profess that they don't hate blacks, but that they don't belong in white society. They are entirely against any immigration, and strongly believe their white, European heritage is in severe jeopardy. They will profess their great love for the importance of history, and that it is being sanitized to appease liberals. You may stop me when their's and Brive's arguments diverge. You might bring up the lynching, but they only did that when they felt there was a grievance that the courts refused to recognize. That also didn't happen much in the northern klans, which I was familiar with.

Unlike the far-left, I also know them as people. They were often cheerful and would happily help you change a tire or give you a lift. They weren't caricatures, not wholly evil, Hollywood tropes, but complicated people with a extremely flawed ideology. But it was an ideology most were too wrapped up in to actually see that everything they did was not only wrong, but counterproductive to their goals. But again, I was hoping most people would skip my little rant. Every once in a while, when somebody is yelling at you, it's cathartic to yell back. I'm absolutely done with it.
This is the baggage I referenced. America has had an African black population for almost all its history. As my (properly sourced) graph showed Australia decided to enact demographic change in earnest around 1990 for Fortune 500 economic and liberal ideological reasons.

The fact Captain can’t see a difference here is testimony to his ingrained bias. I just wish he had indicated this problem earlier and I might have been kinder.