Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7076
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2881

Post by MarcusAu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:40 am

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
What I meant was that the definitions are fluid as a matter of rhetorical expediency, so they don't shed much light in and of themselves. My impression is that the benign end of this spectrum are individualists who recognise the naivete of being completely ethnically blind. It is a difficult space to occupy which necessitates balancing liberal deals against practicality. What pace of cultural change is acceptable? How much diversity is allowable before the need to integrate is diminished? These are difficult questions to answer and it is near impossible to tackle these issues nowadays without acquiring a pipe-layer tag.
One of the benefits of the Overton window - is that it saves time in knowing what arguments you don't need to spend time/effort to address. With it's rightwards shift it seems everything is up for debate...and arguments once thought beyond the pale or 'deplorable' are now seen as valid.

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 1337
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2882

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:47 am

Keating wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:11 pm
If the child rape gangs had been dealt with properly even 10 years ago, Robinson wouldn’t have anywhere near the support he does now. Government failure in cracking down on child rape created Robinson. They give him more power by cracking down harder on him than fucking child rapists.
Child rape gangs are a manifestation of the problem. The root problem is ghettoisation with the accompanying takeover of local authorities by Islamic types and their apologists. The police don't act because they are overseen by people who will punish them for doing so.

John D
.
.
Posts: 4570
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2883

Post by John D » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:09 am

Labor is a market (most of the time... unless you have a union or something). So, employers will pay a wage that secures them the needed labor. If the employer pays too much for labor they may lose money... and thus.... close their business. This closing of their business will lower the supply of whatever they make and this will raise prices. The higher prices will allow other employers to pay the higher wages..... it is a market.

The biggest reason (IMHO) that the US hasn't done anything to "fix" the migrant problem is that most people actually benefit from it. The agriculture and construction industries get lots of cheap labor that can be treated slightly better than slaves. This allows these business to keep labor costs down. Food and construction are more affordable as a result.

Trump found a secret sauce in his approach to illegal immigrants. His story includes elements of mild racism, rule of law justice, and unemployment among low skilled workers. This topic is a big part of his appeal and he plays it to full advantage.

PS - not to get all Trumpy here and I will make a comment on the Trump Dump thread... but Trump's endorsements really helped his favorites win their primary. It is Trump love all the way to November for sure. The Reps are gonna kneel at the shrine of Trump for a good long while now.

Driftless
.
.
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2884

Post by Driftless » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:17 am

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Keating wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:11 pm
If the child rape gangs had been dealt with properly even 10 years ago, Robinson wouldn’t have anywhere near the support he does now. Government failure in cracking down on child rape created Robinson. They give him more power by cracking down harder on him than fucking child rapists.
Child rape gangs are a manifestation of the problem. The root problem is ghettoisation with the accompanying takeover of local authorities by Islamic types and their apologists. The police don't act because they are overseen by people who will punish them for doing so.
Maybe it is a combination of factors.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2885

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:28 am

AndrewV69 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:53 am
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:09 am
SM1957 wrote: And while we are at it, people should realise that California is a desert and stop trying to produce rice there.
California feeds America and parts of the world besides. It will stop when it is unprofitable, not a moment before.
Possibly after their aquifers are drained? Re: Groundwater depletion embedded in international food trade
A vast majority of the world’s population lives in countries sourcing nearly all their staple crop imports from partners who deplete groundwater to produce these crops, highlighting risks for global food and water security. Some countries, such as the USA, Mexico, Iran and China, are particularly exposed to these risks because they both produce and import food irrigated from rapidly depleting aquifers.
(I have a copy of the paper. DM me if you want a copy if you do not like, um, use this url)
I understand and have followed the issue. I'm not talking about sustainability, just the current economic model.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12383
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2886

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:24 am

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
piginthecity wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
some guy wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: My uncle has had a hard time rounding up workers to harvest grapes [for the wages he is willing to pay them], as have many other vinyards [for the wages they are willing to pay them]. Farmers in Washington have insufficient workers to harvest apples [for the wages they are willing to pay them]. This is indisputable.
(I think I'm just pointing out the often overlooked part of the situation that has high explanatory power.)
The market dictates everything. Ignore it at your peril.
Isn't that the advice you should be giving your uncle ?
What good would it do? Nobody other than the south-of-the-border people will do the work for anything remotely profitable. He wouldn't take a pay cut, he'd be out of business. He only employs legal workers, but right now there is a labor shortage in the USA. Wages though, are not significantly rising, odd that. But if you read the articles I linked in my reply to Matt, you'll see that farmers are having crops rot in the fields. Not a good thing. Having a sensible worker program where they do the work and leave, and come back next harvest, is a good thing. In the USA, we will either fix this or start importing a lot of food.
This is the 'muh $2 avocadoes!' argument all over again. What kind of dumb ass farmer year after year keeps planting more crops than they can reasonably expect to pick, given the labor supply? I don't buy it. The rotting fruit is wastage built into their model -- the money invested in new orchards etc. is a sunk cost, so no extra loss -- just missed profit -- is incurred. Bemoaning the rotting fruit is propaganda, especially in a nation where immense amounts of food is wasted.

Further, nobody in the US is starving for lack of produce. We don't need to produce extra, so we don't really need extra workers. This is about big, rich farmers wanting to get richer, and pampered urbanites & suburbanites wanting to continue to expend the lowest-in-history fraction of income on food.

Finally, the truck-farming/supermarket system that arose in the 1950's cannot sustain, as it was based on very low gasoline prices. As the price of oil rose, it applied pressure at both ends of the system, costs & prices. Neither farmer nor consumer wanted to shoulder those costs, so they passed it onto the field worker.

The entire system is fatally flawed. Expanding it by importing more low-skilled labor is not the answer. Besides, if you want that in the interim, then end welfare and pay a living wage. The fucking yuppie cunts can afford $6 avocadoes by dropping a few channels off their cable.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2887

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:29 am

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
piginthecity wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
some guy wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: My uncle has had a hard time rounding up workers to harvest grapes [for the wages he is willing to pay them], as have many other vinyards [for the wages they are willing to pay them]. Farmers in Washington have insufficient workers to harvest apples [for the wages they are willing to pay them]. This is indisputable.
(I think I'm just pointing out the often overlooked part of the situation that has high explanatory power.)
The market dictates everything. Ignore it at your peril.
Isn't that the advice you should be giving your uncle ?
What good would it do? Nobody other than the south-of-the-border people will do the work for anything remotely profitable. He wouldn't take a pay cut, he'd be out of business. He only employs legal workers, but right now there is a labor shortage in the USA. Wages though, are not significantly rising, odd that. But if you read the articles I linked in my reply to Matt, you'll see that farmers are having crops rot in the fields. Not a good thing. Having a sensible worker program where they do the work and leave, and come back next harvest, is a good thing. In the USA, we will either fix this or start importing a lot of food.
This is the 'muh $2 avocadoes!' argument all over again. What kind of dumb ass farmer year after year keeps planting more crops than they can reasonably expect to pick, given the labor supply? I don't buy it. The rotting fruit is wastage built into their model -- the money invested in new orchards etc. is a sunk cost, so no extra loss -- just missed profit -- is incurred. Bemoaning the rotting fruit is propaganda, especially in a nation where immense amounts of food is wasted.

Further, nobody in the US is starving for lack of produce. We don't need to produce extra, so we don't really need extra workers. This is about big, rich farmers wanting to get richer, and pampered urbanites & suburbanites wanting to continue to expend the lowest-in-history fraction of income on food.

Finally, the truck-farming/supermarket system that arose in the 1950's cannot sustain, as it was based on very low gasoline prices. As the price of oil rose, it applied pressure at both ends of the system, costs & prices. Neither farmer nor consumer wanted to shoulder those costs, so they passed it onto the field worker.

The entire system is fatally flawed. Expanding it by importing more low-skilled labor is not the answer. Besides, if you want that in the interim, then end welfare and pay a living wage. The fucking yuppie cunts can afford $6 avocadoes by dropping a few channels off their cable.
So you are convinced that this could work as a viable political solution? How much extra can you shoulder in animal feed? I'm not arguing about the right or the wrongs of the system, I'm pointing out that it is in place for a reason.

CommanderTuvok
.
.
Posts: 3734
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2888

Post by CommanderTuvok » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:34 am

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:53 am
3 UKippers suspended over book shop protest:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45093339
The folks really angry at a Commie bookstore (Bookmarks - get the gag?) are the type who like to trash McDonald's when the 1st of May comes round.

Funny that.

d4m10n
.
.
Posts: 1524
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:17 am
Location: OKC
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2889

Post by d4m10n » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:42 am

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:22 am
d4m10n wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:54 am


Krauss out, PZ does a little dance.
Have the investigations finished, or have they preemptively decided he was either guilty or a liability?
According to recent reporting it was "following several months of investigation" that ASU's Office of Equity and Inclusion came to a different conclusion than they had previously.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12383
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2890

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:44 am

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: The market dictates everything. Ignore it at your peril.
Adam Smith was wrong -- there is no benevolent unseen hand. Left unchecked, markets can and usually do go terribly awry. Americans are accustomed to the cornucopia of the supermarket, but that was made possible via unsustainable means: cheap fossil fuels; draining of aquifers; destruction of the environment both at home & abroad; exploitation of foreign labor.

Our food proaction & supply industry is a bloated red giant. Pumping it up can only go on so long before it implodes.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 6787
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2891

Post by Tigzy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:47 am

shoutinghorse wrote: The 'women's right' to wear what she wants has been the talking point among Britain's intelligentsia at the moment after former Home Secretary Boris Johnson told the old joke about Muslim women wearing the Burqa looking like post boxes. Calls for him to "apologise" for his dreadfully offensive remarks abound from the usual suspects of course.
It's really is quite fucking mental, isn't it. I switch on the telly this morning, and BoJo's wee and utterly incosequential remark is all over the media like shit in a field. There's earnest BBC presenters chewing over what 'Them women in burkas look like letterboxes lol' means for the future of the tory party and the country as whole. There's cross-looking muslims regaling us with how this 'horrifically racist' statement exemplifies the apparent living hell of being a Mohammadean in Brexit Bongistan. Even Loose Women put on their serious and concerned faces for a moment to discuss the serious bizniz of Johnson's 'profoundly offensive and racist' jibe. You could hear the foundation and makeup cracking from miles around, by all accounts.

In any case, it just goes to show how far the Islamophile rot has set in, when you consider that comparing nuns to penguins will raise...well, crickets. Speaking of which, a video surfaced yesterday of Corbyn saying that 'Israel has a right to exist' is an example of media bias. As if the very idea of Israel existing were somehow controversial. Yet nary the faintest hint of a media buzz on that one. No, the real serious shit is some buffoon comparing women in burkas to letterboxes. Holy fucking shit. Someone,anyone - kindly nuke my country and put it out of its misery, please.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2892

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:03 am

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: The market dictates everything. Ignore it at your peril.
Adam Smith was wrong -- there is no benevolent unseen hand. Left unchecked, markets can and usually do go terribly awry. Americans are accustomed to the cornucopia of the supermarket, but that was made possible via unsustainable means: cheap fossil fuels; draining of aquifers; destruction of the environment both at home & abroad; exploitation of foreign labor.

Our food proaction & supply industry is a bloated red giant. Pumping it up can only go on so long before it implodes.
I'm not arguing for unchecked markets. I'm saying that the system we have in place right now is there for a reason. Trump has had two years and a Republican majority in both houses, he has vowed to eliminate illegal immigration, yet nothing has happened. Nothing much will continue to happen. This is the reality. People seem to believe I'm saying all this is fine and dandy, and I am not. I am talking about economic and political reality. In a perfect world, everybody would stay and be happy in their home countries, the markets would be rational and you wouldn't be able to scatter the kitchen staff of almost every restaurant by yelling "immigration, ICE is here."

My suggestion, rather than arguing with this humble shit-poster, is to talk to your representation in congress.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12383
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2893

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:03 am

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The entire system is fatally flawed. Expanding it by importing more low-skilled labor is not the answer. Besides, if you want that in the interim, then end welfare and pay a living wage. The fucking yuppie cunts can afford $6 avocadoes by dropping a few channels off their cable.
So you are convinced that this could work as a viable political solution? How much extra can you shoulder in animal feed? I'm not arguing about the right or the wrongs of the system, I'm pointing out that it is in place for a reason.
In our current political environment, it would go over like a lead balloon -- in no small part because it would inevitably entail compelling urban negroes to work in the fields. I also think people are too goddamn spoiled to ever give up even a sliver of their cushy luxury-laden existence. Jimmy Carter was a complete buzzkill with his oil-crisis austerity fireside chats, and you see what happened to him.

Nevertheless, the food industry is fatally flawed, and plugging leaks here or there -- by importing more peasants, for example -- will not sustain it in the long run, and will only create more problems in other areas.

As for animal feed, we should not be feeding cows indigestible corn or, much worse, chicken shit and cow offal. We need to switch to grass-fed beef and free-range poultry, but that will hit consumers' pockets and they will scream bloody murder.

Until retail food prices truly reflect all the hidden costs incurred all along the chain, we'll just be franticly plugging leaks until the entire dyke bursts.

DrokkIt
.
.
Posts: 1327
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:01 pm
Location: Brit-Cit
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2894

Post by DrokkIt » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:10 am

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:48 pm
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Nobody will properly deal with the Muslim problem in Britain until it is framed in non-alt terms and with a digestible liberal perspective-in this, Kirb isn't wrong. People like Tommy Robinson provide easy fodder for the control-left, allowing them to attack the person instead of the arguments. You see this all the time. The arguments of Lauren Southern and the other braid bimbos only preach to the choir. The vast number of people that vote are often repelled by arguments that can easily be perceived as racist.

Are any of you involved in politics? Do you follow the delicate calculus that skilled politicians use? You must make broad appeals-anything that is easily dismissed as racist, sexist, homophobic is a non-starter. Yeah, it will fire up a few screeching base members, but on the whole, it doesn't work. Clinton still hasn't figured out that's what cost her ass the election. She appealed to a few, people reacted against that, and bam.

My local Representative is facing a challenger from the crazy left. If she wins, the seat will go Republican. This is a stupid political calculus on her part, but she's a true believer. True believers never get results.

If you want real change, to actually get the results you want, you make broad appeals that are fair and appeal to economic security. Anything else fires up the base and alienates everybody else. The framing of immigration should be couched in terms of economic cost and fairness, and the public will go for it. Frame it in terms of race and culture and you're farting into the wind.
Yeah. Trump.

And brexit. And Italy. And, increasingly, Swedish Democrats. And Hungary. And Poland. And Austria.

But thanks for your expert input.
Brive you are kidding yourself if you think public opinion/response to these things is going to be the same in the UK as it is in Poland and Hungary.

Anything that seems 'racist' here is so broad-culture unpopular that UKIP have very strict policy around avoiding concrete associations. Even our most vocal critics of Islam are very careful to navigate around being called racist. You might say that is because the accusation brings unwarranted scrutiny - but that supports the idea it's very much looked down on from all sides.

Same cannot be said of Eastern euro countries who are demonstrably more racially homogeneous.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12383
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2895

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:11 am

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: My suggestion, rather than arguing with this humble shit-poster, is to talk to your representation in congress.
LOL. I know my congressman personally. He's a big rice farmer who gets $300K in government subsidies a year, yet always tries to cut WiC subsidies from the Farm Bill. He throws a nice BBQ, but he's a complete avaricious prick.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12383
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2896

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:13 am

Tigzy wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: The 'women's right' to wear what she wants has been the talking point among Britain's intelligentsia at the moment after former Home Secretary Boris Johnson told the old joke about Muslim women wearing the Burqa looking like post boxes. Calls for him to "apologise" for his dreadfully offensive remarks abound from the usual suspects of course.
It's really is quite fucking mental, isn't it. I switch on the telly this morning, and BoJo's wee and utterly incosequential remark is all over the media like shit in a field. There's earnest BBC presenters chewing over what 'Them women in burkas look like letterboxes lol' means for the future of the tory party and the country as whole. There's cross-looking muslims regaling us with how this 'horrifically racist' statement exemplifies the apparent living hell of being a Mohammadean in Brexit Bongistan. Even Loose Women put on their serious and concerned faces for a moment to discuss the serious bizniz of Johnson's 'profoundly offensive and racist' jibe. You could hear the foundation and makeup cracking from miles around, by all accounts.

In any case, it just goes to show how far the Islamophile rot has set in, when you consider that comparing nuns to penguins will raise...well, crickets. Speaking of which, a video surfaced yesterday of Corbyn saying that 'Israel has a right to exist' is an example of media bias. As if the very idea of Israel existing were somehow controversial. Yet nary the faintest hint of a media buzz on that one. No, the real serious shit is some buffoon comparing women in burkas to letterboxes. Holy fucking shit. Someone,anyone - kindly nuke my country and put it out of its misery, please.
Just a thought, but maybe diaphanous burqas would be a fair compromise.

DrokkIt
.
.
Posts: 1327
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:01 pm
Location: Brit-Cit
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2897

Post by DrokkIt » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:14 am

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
As for animal feed, we should not be feeding cows indigestible corn or, much worse, chicken shit and cow offal. We need to switch to grass-fed beef and free-range poultry, but that will hit consumers' pockets and they will scream bloody murder.

Until retail food prices truly reflect all the hidden costs incurred all along the chain, we'll just be franticly plugging leaks until the entire dyke bursts.
Fully agree- I'm from the countryside, the farmers are over a barrel with the supermarkets and it encourage more intensive farming practises AND ultimately worse treatment of the livestock.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10620
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2898

Post by Lsuoma » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:18 am

feathers wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:06 am
Keating wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:55 pm
Exactly, Lsuoma. The alt-right completely goes away as a threat when culture and government sanction of white male bashing goes away.
Perhaps, but there may be more at play than that. A general (and not necessarily objective) perception that one's job and welfare are at stake may play into finding a general scapegoat, and Islamic immigrants and their western cronies are a higher profile target than, for example, the wily Chinese taking over our economy.
You mean the Chinese who do not appear to be getting a free pass for child gang rape and the Truck of Peace. Ah, those Chinese.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2899

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:34 am

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The entire system is fatally flawed. Expanding it by importing more low-skilled labor is not the answer. Besides, if you want that in the interim, then end welfare and pay a living wage. The fucking yuppie cunts can afford $6 avocadoes by dropping a few channels off their cable.
So you are convinced that this could work as a viable political solution? How much extra can you shoulder in animal feed? I'm not arguing about the right or the wrongs of the system, I'm pointing out that it is in place for a reason.
In our current political environment, it would go over like a lead balloon -- in no small part because it would inevitably entail compelling urban negroes to work in the fields. I also think people are too goddamn spoiled to ever give up even a sliver of their cushy luxury-laden existence. Jimmy Carter was a complete buzzkill with his oil-crisis austerity fireside chats, and you see what happened to him.

Nevertheless, the food industry is fatally flawed, and plugging leaks here or there -- by importing more peasants, for example -- will not sustain it in the long run, and will only create more problems in other areas.

As for animal feed, we should not be feeding cows indigestible corn or, much worse, chicken shit and cow offal. We need to switch to grass-fed beef and free-range poultry, but that will hit consumers' pockets and they will scream bloody murder.

Until retail food prices truly reflect all the hidden costs incurred all along the chain, we'll just be franticly plugging leaks until the entire dyke bursts.
Not disagreeing. I know a lot of my food personally, from tomatoes to meat.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2900

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:36 am


feathers
.
.
Posts: 6113
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:12 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2901

Post by feathers » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:52 am

SM1957 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:01 am
And while we are at it, people should realise that California is a desert and stop trying to produce rice there.
A friend told me that currently ridiculous amount of resources goes into cannabis production (3% of the power production or so?). That is something the Mexicans could produce and export if the federal government unclenches their buttocks a bit.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2902

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:59 am

https://www.them.us/story/cis-trans-dat ... ssion=true

It turns out the vast majority of normal, sorry, cis people won't date transsexual people. Whoever would have thought? The poor things may now add this to their oppression score.

feathers
.
.
Posts: 6113
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:12 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2903

Post by feathers » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:17 am

KiwiInOz wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:26 pm
WEIT reminiscing about the Mickey Mouse Club song (and various once young hotties) made me think of Clutch Cargo for some reason.
I only know it in this version.


DW Adams
.
.
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:21 pm
Location: Planet of pudding brains
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2904

Post by DW Adams » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:23 am

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: https://www.them.us/story/cis-trans-dat ... ssion=true

It turns out the vast majority of normal, sorry, cis people won't date transsexual people. Whoever would have thought? The poor things may now add this to their oppression score.
I've recently learned on Facebook that if you find out the "woman" you really like had a penis in an earlier life, and you stop dating her because of it, you are a bigot.

feathers
.
.
Posts: 6113
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:12 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2905

Post by feathers » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:26 am

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:59 am
https://www.them.us/story/cis-trans-dat ... ssion=true

It turns out the vast majority of normal, sorry, cis people won't date transsexual people. Whoever would have thought? The poor things may now add this to their oppression score.
You can rest assured they will. A casual browsing of the threads on Kiwi Farms (look for the "rat king") teaches that a significant part of them have more problems than just gender dysphoria.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12383
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2906

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:42 am

SM1957 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:01 am
And while we are at it, people should realise that California is a desert and stop trying to produce rice there.
We should not be growing rice in NorCal, nor lettuce in the Central Valley. Yet we do both.

(FTR, California has deserts, but most of it is not desert, rather a mediterranean climate.)

feathers wrote: A friend told me that currently ridiculous amount of resources goes into cannabis production (3% of the power production or so?). That is something the Mexicans could produce and export if the federal government unclenches their buttocks a bit.
Better yet, let's just ship all the potheads to Mexico.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2907

Post by Kirbmarc » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:55 am

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: https://www.them.us/story/cis-trans-dat ... ssion=true

It turns out the vast majority of normal, sorry, cis people won't date transsexual people. Whoever would have thought? The poor things may now add this to their oppression score.
Incels should also apply for Oppression Points, because nobody wants to date them :bjarte: . Elliot Rodger was a poor, oppressed victim of a society bigoted against a half-Asian involuntary celibate, not a narcissistic, entitled creepy prick that women avoided because they could see how crazy, sorry "neuroatypical", he was.

Or maybe here's a solution to both problems: the trans activists who think that people who don't want to date them are bigots should partner up with the incels. Win-win.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2908

Post by Kirbmarc » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:06 am

Romantic relationships are one of the most important sources of social support for adults. The fact that most cis people would not consider trans people as potential dating partners is yet another serious risk factor for increased psychological and physical health problems among the trans population.
Demanding sex as a need for psychological and physical health: laughable entitlement when it's the failures incels who do it, enlightened activism if it's trans people who want it.
Surprisingly, among the 127 participants open to dating a trans person, almost half selected a trans person of a gender incongruent with their stated sexual orientation. For example, 50% of the trans-inclusive straight women and 28% of the trans-inclusive gay men were willing to date a trans woman, even though one wouldn’t expect either straight women or gay men to be attracted to women.

Similarly, 50% of trans-inclusive straight men and 69% of trans-inclusive lesbians said they’d date a trans man, even though both groups are presumably only attracted to women. And 33% of the trans-inclusive bisexual/queer participants said they would only date a trans person of one gender but not the other, even though one may expect this group to be attracted to multiple genders.
"Surprisingly" :lol:

It's almost as if, you know, PHYSICAL SEX matters for SEXUAL attraction, not personal identities.
The high rates of trans exclusion from potential dating pools are undoubtedly due in part to cisnormativity, cissexism, and transphobia — all of which lead to lack of knowledge about transgender people and their bodies, discomfort with these unknowns, and fear of being discriminated against by proxy of one’s romantic partner. It is also possible that at least some of the trans exclusion is due to the fact that for some people, sexual orientation might be not (just) about a partner’s gender identity, but attraction to specific body types and/or judgment of reproductive capabilities.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/06/you-dont-say.gif

"Straight men and lesbians want pussies, straight women and gay men want cocks, and very few pay heed to "gender identity". Gender "scholars" are baffled".

SM1957
.
.
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2909

Post by SM1957 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:19 am

Are these women in burqas who are being knocked over by children?


Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10620
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2910

Post by Lsuoma » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:24 am

SM1957 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:19 am
Are these women in burqas who are being knocked over by children?

Where are the Muzzie Weebles when you need them, eh?

Sulman
.
.
Posts: 1997
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2911

Post by Sulman » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:27 am



If he reads her bio he's going to be fucking terrified.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12383
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2912

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:32 am

It is also possible that at least some of the trans exclusion is due to the fact that for some people, sexual orientation might be not (just) about a partner’s gender identity, but attraction to specific body types and/or judgment of reproductive capabilities.
You needed to conduct a study to arrive at this conclusion. :doh:

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2913

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:37 am

Sulman wrote:

If he reads her bio he's going to be fucking terrified.
You ain't kidding.
https://mobile.twitter.com/VeraPapisova
Works for Teen Vogue sexual assault reporter. Good chance she'll change her mind in five minutes and turn the pic over to the police.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10322
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2914

Post by free thoughtpolice » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:39 am

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: The market dictates everything. Ignore it at your peril.
Adam Smith was wrong -- there is no benevolent unseen hand. Left unchecked, markets can and usually do go terribly awry. Americans are accustomed to the cornucopia of the supermarket, but that was made possible via unsustainable means: cheap fossil fuels; draining of aquifers; destruction of the environment both at home & abroad; exploitation of foreign labor.

Our food proaction & supply industry is a bloated red giant. Pumping it up can only go on so long before it implodes.
There is no water shortage in California. Most of it is wasted and just flows into the ocean, which everyone knows already has lots of water.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2915

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:43 am

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: The market dictates everything. Ignore it at your peril.
Adam Smith was wrong -- there is no benevolent unseen hand. Left unchecked, markets can and usually do go terribly awry. Americans are accustomed to the cornucopia of the supermarket, but that was made possible via unsustainable means: cheap fossil fuels; draining of aquifers; destruction of the environment both at home & abroad; exploitation of foreign labor.

Our food proaction & supply industry is a bloated red giant. Pumping it up can only go on so long before it implodes.
There is no water shortage in California. Most of it is wasted and just flows into the ocean, which everyone knows already has lots of water.
The water runoff from pot farms is certainly wasted.

Get it?


Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12383
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2917

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:44 am

free thoughtpolice wrote: There is no water shortage in California. Most of it is wasted and just flows into the ocean, which everyone knows already has lots of water.
;)

We should build a dam across the Golden Gate, drain the bay, then let it gradually fill up again with fresh water. Problem solved. I don't know why nobody's thought of this before.

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2918

Post by InfraRedBucket » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:01 am

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Sulman wrote:

If he reads her bio he's going to be fucking terrified.
You ain't kidding.
https://mobile.twitter.com/VeraPapisova
Works for Teen Vogue sexual assault reporter. Good chance she'll change her mind in five minutes and turn the pic over to the police.
tweet below actually pinned to her Twitter


Guest_b8931fdb

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2919

Post by Guest_b8931fdb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:14 pm



Apparently Eric Clanton pleads to a misdemeanor, no jail sentence.

The Cernovich video is pretty good, just going over the outcome and the evidence. I haven't seen this show up in Google news search yet.

John D
.
.
Posts: 4570
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2920

Post by John D » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Wow... Dave Rubin has a good guest ... and we have had this discussion on the pit.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2921

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:40 pm

DrokkIt wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:48 pm
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Nobody will properly deal with the Muslim problem in Britain until it is framed in non-alt terms and with a digestible liberal perspective-in this, Kirb isn't wrong. People like Tommy Robinson provide easy fodder for the control-left, allowing them to attack the person instead of the arguments. You see this all the time. The arguments of Lauren Southern and the other braid bimbos only preach to the choir. The vast number of people that vote are often repelled by arguments that can easily be perceived as racist.

Are any of you involved in politics? Do you follow the delicate calculus that skilled politicians use? You must make broad appeals-anything that is easily dismissed as racist, sexist, homophobic is a non-starter. Yeah, it will fire up a few screeching base members, but on the whole, it doesn't work. Clinton still hasn't figured out that's what cost her ass the election. She appealed to a few, people reacted against that, and bam.

My local Representative is facing a challenger from the crazy left. If she wins, the seat will go Republican. This is a stupid political calculus on her part, but she's a true believer. True believers never get results.

If you want real change, to actually get the results you want, you make broad appeals that are fair and appeal to economic security. Anything else fires up the base and alienates everybody else. The framing of immigration should be couched in terms of economic cost and fairness, and the public will go for it. Frame it in terms of race and culture and you're farting into the wind.
Yeah. Trump.

And brexit. And Italy. And, increasingly, Swedish Democrats. And Hungary. And Poland. And Austria.

But thanks for your expert input.
Brive you are kidding yourself if you think public opinion/response to these things is going to be the same in the UK as it is in Poland and Hungary.

Anything that seems 'racist' here is so broad-culture unpopular that UKIP have very strict policy around avoiding concrete associations. Even our most vocal critics of Islam are very careful to navigate around being called racist. You might say that is because the accusation brings unwarranted scrutiny - but that supports the idea it's very much looked down on from all sides.

Same cannot be said of Eastern euro countries who are demonstrably more racially homogeneous.
It is largely the same here. Trump had plausible deniability as to racism, in fact, he's probably less racist than a lot of 70 year old white guys. Brexit...well, how's that goin' again? But by all means, let's see how the alt-lite agenda fares in the coming years.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2922

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:49 pm

Guest_b8931fdb wrote:

Apparently Eric Clanton pleads to a misdemeanor, no jail sentence.

The Cernovich video is pretty good, just going over the outcome and the evidence. I haven't seen this show up in Google news search yet.
That really sucks, not just for his victims, but it will embolden the rest of the fuckknuckle brigade.

TheMudbrooker
.
.
Posts: 786
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2923

Post by TheMudbrooker » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:55 pm

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Guest_b8931fdb wrote:

Apparently Eric Clanton pleads to a misdemeanor, no jail sentence.

The Cernovich video is pretty good, just going over the outcome and the evidence. I haven't seen this show up in Google news search yet.
That really sucks, not just for his victims, but it will embolden the rest of the fuckknuckle brigade.
Until someone brings a gun to a bike lock fight......

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2924

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:02 pm

Antifa has made several tweets indicating they have and are training with firearms. Shit might get stupid before long.

Guest_b8931fdb

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2925

Post by Guest_b8931fdb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:14 pm


feathers
.
.
Posts: 6113
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:12 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2926

Post by feathers » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:44 pm

John D wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:27 pm
Wow... Dave Rubin has a good guest ... and we have had this discussion on the pit.
Debra Sow? snort

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16644
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2927

Post by Brive1987 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:58 pm

We have just had a debate in Melbourne around Sub Saharan gang criminality. The old chestnut of “but they do so little crime” “yeah but they do it at such a high per capita rate”. “That’s racist”.

Well apparently there was a major gang riot overnight with police pleading for citizens to shelter in place.

But read the article. And try to work out from this that there was an African dimension.

This is a good example of why “people” feel the msm is running a left leaning narrative and cannot be trusted.

https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... 3fa6e8d917

jugheadnaut
.
.
Posts: 1296
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 9:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2928

Post by jugheadnaut » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:07 pm

John D wrote: Wow... Dave Rubin has a good guest ... and we have had this discussion on the pit.
Yeah, she was on Rogan last week, but I stopped watching after 20 minutes because he would not let her string two sentences together without interrupting. Whatever faults Rubin has, getting out of the way after asking a question isn't one of them.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10322
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2929

Post by free thoughtpolice » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:24 pm

Because the msm only said once they were looking for people of African appearance instead of right from the start mentioning that it was a bunch of niggers doing a chimp out?
It reminds me of a riot at the local lake a few years ago where grad students got drunk on their grad night, built a huge out of control bonfire, threw rocks smashed bottles , fought, assaulted police, damaged a police car, and set a stolen car on fire and pushed it into the lake (also the local municipalities' water source). The msm forgot to mention that the racial background was about 95% white and the hundreds of young assholes were from all sorts of backgrounds. The local Indian chief was not interviewed so didn't get the chance to mention that that honkies have been law breaking troublemakers ever since they migrated here.

KenD
.
.
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:04 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2930

Post by KenD » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:31 pm

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:01 am
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Sulman wrote:

If he reads her bio he's going to be fucking terrified.
You ain't kidding.
https://mobile.twitter.com/VeraPapisova
Works for Teen Vogue sexual assault reporter. Good chance she'll change her mind in five minutes and turn the pic over to the police.
tweet below actually pinned to her Twitter

Her racism is very problematic. A true intersectional feminist would only get groped by white people.


Keating
.
.
Posts: 1928
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: South of anteater guy
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2931

Post by Keating » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:59 pm

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:02 pm
Antifa has made several tweets indicating they have and are training with firearms. Shit might get stupid before long.
Not that I'm doubting that the well of stupidity is bottomless, but things are already profoundly stupid.


free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10322
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2933

Post by free thoughtpolice » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:13 pm

Oh Fuck! I've been sort of following her and she has had it pretty rough.
Condolences to her husband, who sounds like a pretty good guy.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3968
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2934

Post by Bhurzum » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:53 pm

I mourn friends, family and allies. Opponents?



My compassion circuits are all but burnt out. Sorry, not sorry.

ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
Posts: 6448
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2935

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:27 pm

Nerd manages to both make it all about him, and also misspell her name.

Part of me thinks she would have not wanted it any other way.

https://i.imgur.com/JgKKLb2.png

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16644
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2936

Post by Brive1987 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:29 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote: Because the msm only said once they were looking for people of African appearance instead of right from the start mentioning that it was a bunch of niggers doing a chimp out?
It reminds me of a riot at the local lake a few years ago where grad students got drunk on their grad night, built a huge out of control bonfire, threw rocks smashed bottles , fought, assaulted police, damaged a police car, and set a stolen car on fire and pushed it into the lake (also the local municipalities' water source). The msm forgot to mention that the racial background was about 95% white and the hundreds of young assholes were from all sorts of backgrounds. The local Indian chief was not interviewed so didn't get the chance to mention that that honkies have been law breaking troublemakers ever since they migrated here.
I assume then there wasn’t an ongoing debate and concern over a new and disturbing trend for white student violence?

What’s astounding with the article I supplied is the studious and deliberate avoidance of a clear point of topicality. The one reference to Africans is for another riot, not the one in question. This is the very essence of an agenda.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16644
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2937

Post by Brive1987 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:33 pm

“The cancer has killed her”. That’s slightly blunt.

I hope someone feeds the rats. They deserved better.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16644
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2938

Post by Brive1987 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:46 pm

?..it was a bunch of niggers doing a chimp out?
Jesus, I’m glad I’m not inside your head.

piginthecity
.
.
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:20 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2939

Post by piginthecity » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Thank God we've still got Inajii !

SM1957
.
.
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2940

Post by SM1957 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:24 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote: Because the msm only said once they were looking for people of African appearance instead of right from the start mentioning that it was a bunch of niggers doing a chimp out?
It reminds me of a riot at the local lake a few years ago where grad students got drunk on their grad night, built a huge out of control bonfire, threw rocks smashed bottles , fought, assaulted police, damaged a police car, and set a stolen car on fire and pushed it into the lake (also the local municipalities' water source). The msm forgot to mention that the racial background was about 95% white and the hundreds of young assholes were from all sorts of backgrounds. The local Indian chief was not interviewed so didn't get the chance to mention that that honkies have been law breaking troublemakers ever since they migrated here.
Well, we know that white people cause riots. Just look what they did to Hamburg just last July!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... messehalle

Locked