Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7071
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2941

Post by MarcusAu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:27 am

Bhurzum wrote: I mourn friends, family and allies. Opponents?



My compassion circuits are all but burnt out. Sorry, not sorry.
I pray for my enemies. I pray they go to...

(Ah well, I'll not say it - RIP Caine-aji and condolences to her family and associates, and anyone else that gave a shit).

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2942

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:28 am

Hey Canadians. Is this something or is it a nothing-burger?


MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7071
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2943

Post by MarcusAu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:36 am

You know I've not called anyone a Nazi (though I have my suspicions about Hitler), but even so, there may be those that like their Socialism to be of a more Nationalist sort that will be looking forward to 2019...
,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG7Mg9Qr9nw

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2944

Post by InfraRedBucket » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:05 am

MarcusAu wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: I mourn friends, family and allies. Opponents?



My compassion circuits are all but burnt out. Sorry, not sorry.
I pray for my enemies. I pray they go to...

(Ah well, I'll not say it - RIP Caine-aji and condolences to her family and associates, and anyone else that gave a shit).

On less than solemn tributes, when Joan Crawford died, Bette Davis said:

"You should never say bad things about the dead, you should only say good… Joan Crawford is dead. Good!"

I'll probably save that for someone who deserves it.
=

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7071
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2945

Post by MarcusAu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:17 am

PB!

Paddington Bear...or...Paddy Brown....

What have you been up to?

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2946

Post by Kirbmarc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:41 am

Brive1987 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:58 pm
We have just had a debate in Melbourne around Sub Saharan gang criminality. The old chestnut of “but they do so little crime” “yeah but they do it at such a high per capita rate”. “That’s racist”.

Well apparently there was a major gang riot overnight with police pleading for citizens to shelter in place.

But read the article. And try to work out from this that there was an African dimension.

This is a good example of why “people” feel the msm is running a left leaning narrative and cannot be trusted.

https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... 3fa6e8d917
The first paragraph in the article:
POLICE say they know why two groups of Sudanese-Australian youths, totalling more than 50, gathered to fight in Melbourne’s northwest on Wednesday night.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2947

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:51 am

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:58 pm
We have just had a debate in Melbourne around Sub Saharan gang criminality. The old chestnut of “but they do so little crime” “yeah but they do it at such a high per capita rate”. “That’s racist”.

Well apparently there was a major gang riot overnight with police pleading for citizens to shelter in place.

But read the article. And try to work out from this that there was an African dimension.

This is a good example of why “people” feel the msm is running a left leaning narrative and cannot be trusted.

https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... 3fa6e8d917
The first paragraph in the article:
POLICE say they know why two groups of Sudanese-Australian youths, totalling more than 50, gathered to fight in Melbourne’s northwest on Wednesday night.
I’ve tried a waybackmachine to no avail because when I first read the article I did carefully check it and then played a game on my wife - “read this and tell me what it’s about”. I note it has a 1.26pm time stamp now. My post was done while eating breakfast.


I also note the sentence I referenced which mentioned a previous riot and police seeking “African” perps has gone.

History has been literally rewritten. Creepy.

Keating
.
.
Posts: 1928
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: South of anteater guy
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2948

Post by Keating » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:08 am

Yeah, that's a big problem with journalism today. I've been noticing stealth editing of online articles as well.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7071
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2949

Post by MarcusAu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:14 am

History is being re-written? It was always thus...

I'm sure Henry Ford or Eric Blair would have something to say about it...

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 7364
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2950

Post by Ape+lust » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:16 am

"She will be greatly missed."

Nice boilerplate. The whole piece reeks of "obligatory."

Caine did better than Nerd, though. When the Redhead died, Peez used it to write an account of the tears and shirt-rending that will happen when he dies, beloved man that he is. Really.

https://imgur.com/mmlvKbd.png

But, neither of them got the kind of stirring tribute Peez gave to Niki Massey. She was a unicorn, sparkly and beautiful, who so impressed herself on his soul he'll be tormented by her memory forever.

Which is bullshit, of course. He barely knew her. She was a face at Skepticon and Convergence. She'd commented on Pharyngula a handful of times and he only directly addressed her once, on Twitter.

She was black, however. And mentally ill. And disabled. Which gets those behold-my-virtue instincts in Peez's brain singing in ways Nerd and Caine never will.

https://imgur.com/Gf3cpLL.png

Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3059
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2951

Post by Hunt » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:33 am

Ape+lust wrote:
"She will be greatly missed."

Nice boilerplate. The whole piece reeks of "obligatory."

Caine did better than Nerd, though. When the Redhead died, Peez used it to write an account of the tears and shirt-rending that will happen when he dies, beloved man that he is. Really.

https://imgur.com/mmlvKbd.png

But, neither of them got the kind of stirring tribute Peez gave to Niki Massey. She was a unicorn, sparkly and beautiful, who so impressed herself on his soul he'll be tormented by her memory forever.

Which is bullshit, of course. He barely knew her. She was a face at Skepticon and Convergence. She'd commented on Pharyngula a handful of times and he only directly addressed her once, on Twitter.

She was black, however. And mentally ill. And disabled. Which gets those behold-my-virtue instincts in Peez's brain singing in ways Nerd and Caine never will.

https://imgur.com/Gf3cpLL.png
Sad about Caine, but Jeez, that post about Nerd's wife...I get the impression Peez considers himself a poignant and evocative writer. Unfortunately, the conceit of presumed greatness is a primary cause of procrastination, which is probably why he never writes anything more than blog posts. Better to bask in latent greatness than discover your own mediocrity. He'll never know unless he gets off his ass and actually does something.

But flowery prose ain't gonna get him there. I half expected him to break into "all these moments will be lost...in time, like...tears in rain." It's already been done Peez, so forget it.

And one more thing: Can someone inform him (and all SJWs) that describing women as "fierce" does not endear them to the vast majority of people, especially those who know what it implies. Cross out the adjective "badass" too, while you're at it.
-------
But, sad to hear about the untimely passing of anyone, even if I disagreed with her on many things.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 7364
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2952

Post by Ape+lust » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:16 am

Hunt wrote: But flowery prose ain't gonna get him there. I half expected him to break into "all these moments will be lost...in time, like...tears in rain." It's already been done Peez, so forget it.
HAHA! A "pool of tears" becomes a "lachrymal ocean," released into a "flood of grief."

He should tour with this stuff. He's blessed with the perfect voice for reading it.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2953

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:44 am

A couple of Americans quit work and bicycle around the world.

Cheerful humanists.
You read the papers and you're led to believe that the world is a big, scary place," Austin wrote. "People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil.

"I don't buy it. Evil is a make-believe concept we've invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own … By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.

Then in shitazan Islam catches up.

It was there, on July 29, that a carload of men who are believed to have recorded a video pledging allegiance to the Islamic State group spotted them.

A grainy cellphone clip recorded by a driver shows what happened next: The men's Daewoo sedan passes the cyclists and then makes a sharp U-turn. It doubles back and aims directly for the bikers, ramming into them and lurching over their fallen forms. In all, four people were killed: Austin, Geoghegan and cyclists from Switzerland and the Netherlands.
It’s sad we can’t do nice things anymore.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/middle-eas ... 4zwku.html

Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11855
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2954

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:05 am

I'll admit I'm sad about Caine. Ally or opponent, it's never nice to see someone mostly harmless gone.

What did Myers say about JAD when he died? Can't remember. I do remember the fat fuck rejoiced at the death of a christian priest dying while trying to raise fund by getting himself lifted into a chair carried by balloons (and wishing for more of those). And also parading that he would not rejoice at the death of a fellow human when that islamic terrorist fuck was mistakenly beheaded by his own gang.

Fuck that!

R.I.P Caine, you magnificent bastard!

feathers
.
.
Posts: 6113
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:12 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2955

Post by feathers » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:18 am

Bhurzum wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:53 pm
I mourn friends, family and allies. Opponents?



My compassion circuits are all but burnt out. Sorry, not sorry.
Ah, but Caine was an endless supply of foul-mouthed abuse amuse. I will not forget her.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11855
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2956

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:30 am

It might be a case that there were unresolved mental issues behind her attitude.

Ah! "might"? Who am I kidding?

ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
Posts: 6447
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2957

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:35 am

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Nerd manages to both make it all about him, and also misspell her name.

Part of me thinks she would have not wanted it any other way.

https://i.imgur.com/JgKKLb2.png

Oggie (I assume that is our old friend Ogvorbis?) also spins the spotlight onto himself.

Gotta love Meyers's self-obssessed lunatic audience.

https://i.imgur.com/MJ5KHbr.png

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2958

Post by Kirbmarc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:43 am

Brive1987 wrote: A couple of Americans quit work and bicycle around the world.

Cheerful humanists.
You read the papers and you're led to believe that the world is a big, scary place," Austin wrote. "People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil.

"I don't buy it. Evil is a make-believe concept we've invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own … By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.

Then in shitazan Islam catches up.

It was there, on July 29, that a carload of men who are believed to have recorded a video pledging allegiance to the Islamic State group spotted them.

A grainy cellphone clip recorded by a driver shows what happened next: The men's Daewoo sedan passes the cyclists and then makes a sharp U-turn. It doubles back and aims directly for the bikers, ramming into them and lurching over their fallen forms. In all, four people were killed: Austin, Geoghegan and cyclists from Switzerland and the Netherlands.
It’s sad we can’t do nice things anymore.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/middle-eas ... 4zwku.html
There's being a humanist, and there's being a naive utopian idealist.

Humans are neither "evil" nor "kind" as a whole. In moral terms we're mostly conformists. People are rather easily influenced by the context they live in. In Nazi Germany most Germans either cooperated with the Nazis or didn't kick a fuss. Nazi Germany was a dangerous place if you were a Jew or another "enemy of the state". Today Germany is a liberal democracy, and a pretty nice place to visit, with low crime and murder rates. What changed was the political context where people in Germany operated.

Cycling in authoritarian countries, or in war zones, isn't something I'd recommend. And yes, islam, when it's in power in a theocracy creates authoritarian nightmares. The Islamic State is an authoritarian islamic organization. Cycling in areas where they're known to operate isn't something I'd recommend.

Note how they fared much better in less authoritarian areas where muslim people live, like Morocco (a country that is FAR more peaceful and FAR less influenced by Salafi/jihadi theocratic messages than other areas):
In Morocco, a family offered the couple a room, and then sent them off the next morning with homemade bread.
I wouldn't recommend cycling in North Korea or Belarus, either.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11855
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2959

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:55 am

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:35 am
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Nerd manages to both make it all about him, and also misspell her name.

Part of me thinks she would have not wanted it any other way.

https://i.imgur.com/JgKKLb2.png

Oggie (I assume that is our old friend Ogvorbis?) also spins the spotlight onto himself.

Gotta love Meyers's self-obssessed lunatic audience.

https://i.imgur.com/MJ5KHbr.png

Sorry, but I don't see where Oggie makes it about himself.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7071
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2960

Post by MarcusAu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:03 am

Ape+lust wrote:
Hunt wrote: But flowery prose ain't gonna get him there. I half expected him to break into "all these moments will be lost...in time, like...tears in rain." It's already been done Peez, so forget it.
HAHA! A "pool of tears" becomes a "lachrymal ocean," released into a "flood of grief."

He should tour with this stuff. He's blessed with the perfect voice for reading it.
The world is a better place for the people that attempt such...umm, such...uh...poetry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opCGFmPKiE0

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12373
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2961

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:36 am

Ape+lust wrote: But, neither of them got the kind of stirring tribute Peez gave to Niki Massey. She was a unicorn, sparkly and beautiful, who so impressed herself on his soul he'll be tormented by her memory forever.

Which is bullshit, of course. He barely knew her. She was a face at Skepticon and Convergence. She'd commented on Pharyngula a handful of times and he only directly addressed her once, on Twitter.

She was black, however. And mentally ill. And disabled. Which gets those behold-my-virtue instincts in Peez's brain singing in ways Nerd and Caine never will.

https://imgur.com/Gf3cpLL.png
Slick, how 'intentionally overdosed' became "died unexpectedly in her sleep".

These were all horrible people. I'm not going to gloat, but nor am I going to pretend I'm sad.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 6787
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2962

Post by Tigzy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:21 am

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I'll admit I'm sad about Caine. Ally or opponent, it's never nice to see someone mostly harmless gone.

What did Myers say about JAD when he died? Can't remember. I do remember the fat fuck rejoiced at the death of a christian priest dying while trying to raise fund by getting himself lifted into a chair carried by balloons (and wishing for more of those). And also parading that he would not rejoice at the death of a fellow human when that islamic terrorist fuck was mistakenly beheaded by his own gang.

Fuck that!

R.I.P Caine, you magnificent bastard!
I'm more or less in line with this. I'm not gonna pretend I ever liked Caine, but in a roundabout way...yeah, she's gonna be missed. Cancer is a horror and I hope it wasn't painful for her. Here's hoping that her passing was a peaceful as it could be.

And that's about it, really.

SM1957
.
.
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2963

Post by SM1957 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:25 am

The Nation apologised for this poem.


Not because it is rubbish, but because it apparently was written by a white man and they didn't know it, and this has somehow broken all kinds of rules in ways that I can't detect.

At any rate, they have abased themselves with a ridiculous apology. I've seen less regret from people who've knocked somebody down in a traffic accident.

It was only a frigging poem, for Christ's sake!


https://www.thenation.com/article/how-to/

jugheadnaut
.
.
Posts: 1296
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 9:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2964

Post by jugheadnaut » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:40 am

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:58 pm
We have just had a debate in Melbourne around Sub Saharan gang criminality. The old chestnut of “but they do so little crime” “yeah but they do it at such a high per capita rate”. “That’s racist”.

Well apparently there was a major gang riot overnight with police pleading for citizens to shelter in place.

But read the article. And try to work out from this that there was an African dimension.

This is a good example of why “people” feel the msm is running a left leaning narrative and cannot be trusted.

https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... 3fa6e8d917
The first paragraph in the article:
POLICE say they know why two groups of Sudanese-Australian youths, totalling more than 50, gathered to fight in Melbourne’s northwest on Wednesday night.
I’ve tried a waybackmachine to no avail because when I first read the article I did carefully check it and then played a game on my wife - “read this and tell me what it’s about”. I note it has a 1.26pm time stamp now. My post was done while eating breakfast.


I also note the sentence I referenced which mentioned a previous riot and police seeking “African” perps has gone.

History has been literally rewritten. Creepy.
Managed to find the original here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180808232 ... 3fa6e8d917

It's a truly incredible violation of journalistic ethics to replace a previous story and not include a content note about the nature of the update. An editor or the original author probably noticed the story badly failed the first of the 5 W's of basic journalism and tried to cover it up. I'll have to remember that the Herald Sun has entered the garbage tier of media sources.

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2965

Post by shoutinghorse » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:44 am

Brive1987 wrote: A couple of Americans quit work and bicycle around the world.

Cheerful humanists.
You read the papers and you're led to believe that the world is a big, scary place," Austin wrote. "People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil.

"I don't buy it. Evil is a make-believe concept we've invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own … By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.

Then in shitazan Islam catches up.

It was there, on July 29, that a carload of men who are believed to have recorded a video pledging allegiance to the Islamic State group spotted them.

A grainy cellphone clip recorded by a driver shows what happened next: The men's Daewoo sedan passes the cyclists and then makes a sharp U-turn. It doubles back and aims directly for the bikers, ramming into them and lurching over their fallen forms. In all, four people were killed: Austin, Geoghegan and cyclists from Switzerland and the Netherlands.
It’s sad we can’t do nice things anymore.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/middle-eas ... 4zwku.html
Two idealistic 'goody two shoes' types naively think all peoples are essentially the same, until they come across the religion of peace (yes, I know, not all Muslims :roll: ) .. we've been here before.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7344381.stm

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2966

Post by shoutinghorse » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:57 am

What an absolute cunt Mike Stuchbery is.


feathers
.
.
Posts: 6113
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:12 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2967

Post by feathers » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:08 am

Ape+lust wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:16 am
She was black, however. And mentally ill. And disabled. Which gets those behold-my-virtue instincts in Peez's brain singing in ways Nerd and Caine never will.

https://imgur.com/Gf3cpLL.png

Regreta Christina's o(r)bituary:
Niki was black. “No shit”, you say (so would she), but it’s worth putting front and center. Niki was a loc-wearing, side-eyeing, tea-sipping, dark-skinned, thick-lipped black woman, and she wasn’t going to pretend to be anything else for your comfort or convenience. Her memes were black. Her gifs were black. She listened to This Week in Blackness and was proud as hell that her contributions on the hashtag sometimes made it onto the show, even if they had no idea how to pronounce her Twitter handle. She knew and reminded us all that, no matter her health problems, if we called 911 for her, we put her in more danger.
So, whomever found her in a coma on the bed declined to call 911. I see.

feathers
.
.
Posts: 6113
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:12 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2968

Post by feathers » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:12 am

Sorry, that was Zvan.

piginthecity
.
.
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:20 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2969

Post by piginthecity » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:32 am

Tigzy wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I'll admit I'm sad about Caine. Ally or opponent, it's never nice to see someone mostly harmless gone.

What did Myers say about JAD when he died? Can't remember. I do remember the fat fuck rejoiced at the death of a christian priest dying while trying to raise fund by getting himself lifted into a chair carried by balloons (and wishing for more of those). And also parading that he would not rejoice at the death of a fellow human when that islamic terrorist fuck was mistakenly beheaded by his own gang.

Fuck that!

R.I.P Caine, you magnificent bastard!
I'm more or less in line with this. I'm not gonna pretend I ever liked Caine, but in a roundabout way...yeah, she's gonna be missed. Cancer is a horror and I hope it wasn't painful for her. Here's hoping that her passing was a peaceful as it could be.

And that's about it, really.
Hashtag Me Too I guess.

It's true that the ideas of Caine, Nerd and all that lot need opposing. But, like most viruses, the ones who suffer most are the carriers. Imagine actually buying into identity politics to that extent, and having that all in your head. I hope, in reality, she had more peace of mind than her typing on her keyboard would indicate, and that she actually did have some sense of purpose, and fun in life, that wasn't corrupted by ideology even if she felt she had to hide it.

I hope she's happily hunting um big buffalo herd in the sky along with (one sixty-fourth of) her ancestors.

Stankeye
.
.
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2970

Post by Stankeye » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:46 am

jugheadnaut wrote: Managed to find the original here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180808232 ... 3fa6e8d917

It's a truly incredible violation of journalistic ethics to replace a previous story and not include a content note about the nature of the update. An editor or the original author probably noticed the story badly failed the first of the 5 W's of basic journalism and tried to cover it up. I'll have to remember that the Herald Sun has entered the garbage tier of media sources.
They should have just gone with Freethoughts title, it would have been more evocative and truthful. He does racism better than me as I had never heard of a chimp out before, then again I'm in California and most of our racial slurs are about the dirty south of the border people. Maybe being in the PNW area he has some good ones about the Chinese though.

DrokkIt
.
.
Posts: 1327
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:01 pm
Location: Brit-Cit
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2971

Post by DrokkIt » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:59 am

shoutinghorse wrote: What an absolute cunt Mike Stuchbery is.

I don't get what is supposed to be so dangerous about dankula- seems like an ordinary piss-taking scott to me, and spends loads of his time arguing *against* the kind of far right stuff Cuckberry is aligning him with.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2972

Post by free thoughtpolice » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:02 am

Brive1987 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Because the msm only said once they were looking for people of African appearance instead of right from the start mentioning that it was a bunch of niggers doing a chimp out?
It reminds me of a riot at the local lake a few years ago where grad students got drunk on their grad night, built a huge out of control bonfire, threw rocks smashed bottles , fought, assaulted police, damaged a police car, and set a stolen car on fire and pushed it into the lake (also the local municipalities' water source). The msm forgot to mention that the racial background was about 95% white and the hundreds of young assholes were from all sorts of backgrounds. The local Indian chief was not interviewed so didn't get the chance to mention that that honkies have been law breaking troublemakers ever since they migrated here.
I assume then there wasn’t an ongoing debate and concern over a new and disturbing trend for white student violence?

What’s astounding with the article I supplied is the studious and deliberate avoidance of a clear point of topicality. The one reference to Africans is for another riot, not the one in question. This is the very essence of an agenda.
Has this story been updated?
https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... 3fa6e8d917
How is this article showing left wing bias? It is reporting the facts. I assume you wanted more than reporting the facts about the incident in the article. Maybe graphs and a commentary about how immigration has unleashed a plague of violence on the peaceful and law abiding white Australian society?
That would actually belong in an editorial, not in an actual news piece. That, ideally, is where a writer goes from straight reportage of facts to an analysis of events according to political/ideological viewpoint. The fact that they didn't do that doesn't indicate bias. The fact that you expected an editorial speaks more to your bias.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2973

Post by free thoughtpolice » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:06 am

Brive1987 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:46 pm
?..it was a bunch of niggers doing a chimp out?
Jesus, I’m glad I’m not inside your head.
Sorry if I offended your non-racist sensibilities. I thought putting in an alt-right flavor might help the article to be a little more fair and balanced.

screwtape
.
.
Posts: 2327
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:15 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2974

Post by screwtape » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:08 am

For your amusement, an associate professor at WLU has written about “Hegemonic Masculinity Among Men Experiencing Homelessness and Mental Illness.” Apparently they aren’t nice people because they all blame, sexualize or revere women.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/christ ... asculinity

SM1957
.
.
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2975

Post by SM1957 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:16 am

screwtape wrote: For your amusement, an associate professor at WLU has written about “Hegemonic Masculinity Among Men Experiencing Homelessness and Mental Illness.” Apparently they aren’t nice people because they all blame, sexualize or revere women.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/christ ... asculinity
This is the very article which tipped me into never giving money to homeless people.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2976

Post by free thoughtpolice » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:19 am

Keating wrote: Yeah, that's a big problem with journalism today. I've been noticing stealth editing of online articles as well.
They definitely added details to the story. It should have been noted that the story had been updated. I suspect it was more likely sloppy journalism rather than some sinister act.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2977

Post by free thoughtpolice » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:57 am

Stankeye wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote: Managed to find the original here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180808232 ... 3fa6e8d917

It's a truly incredible violation of journalistic ethics to replace a previous story and not include a content note about the nature of the update. An editor or the original author probably noticed the story badly failed the first of the 5 W's of basic journalism and tried to cover it up. I'll have to remember that the Herald Sun has entered the garbage tier of media sources.
They should have just gone with Freethoughts title, it would have been more evocative and truthful. He does racism better than me as I had never heard of a chimp out before, then again I'm in California and most of our racial slurs are about the dirty south of the border people. Maybe being in the PNW area he has some good ones about the Chinese though.
I find TNN RAW, Tommy Sotomayor as a rich source for anti-black racist slurs.

As for anti-Chinese rhetoric, the main drag going through a largely Chinese area of Vancouver has been dubbed the Ho Chi Minh Trail.

Driftless
.
.
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2978

Post by Driftless » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:15 pm

screwtape wrote: For your amusement, an associate professor at WLU has written about “Hegemonic Masculinity Among Men Experiencing Homelessness and Mental Illness.” Apparently they aren’t nice people because they all blame, sexualize or revere women.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/christ ... asculinity
And here I thought memes like this were a joke:


https://i.imgur.com/Lr6VaCV.png


Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2980

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:00 pm

jugheadnaut wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:58 pm
We have just had a debate in Melbourne around Sub Saharan gang criminality. The old chestnut of “but they do so little crime” “yeah but they do it at such a high per capita rate”. “That’s racist”.

Well apparently there was a major gang riot overnight with police pleading for citizens to shelter in place.

But read the article. And try to work out from this that there was an African dimension.

This is a good example of why “people” feel the msm is running a left leaning narrative and cannot be trusted.

https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... 3fa6e8d917
The first paragraph in the article:
POLICE say they know why two groups of Sudanese-Australian youths, totalling more than 50, gathered to fight in Melbourne’s northwest on Wednesday night.
I’ve tried a waybackmachine to no avail because when I first read the article I did carefully check it and then played a game on my wife - “read this and tell me what it’s about”. I note it has a 1.26pm time stamp now. My post was done while eating breakfast.


I also note the sentence I referenced which mentioned a previous riot and police seeking “African” perps has gone.

History has been literally rewritten. Creepy.
Managed to find the original here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180808232 ... 3fa6e8d917

It's a truly incredible violation of journalistic ethics to replace a previous story and not include a content note about the nature of the update. An editor or the original author probably noticed the story badly failed the first of the 5 W's of basic journalism and tried to cover it up. I'll have to remember that the Herald Sun has entered the garbage tier of media sources.
Thank you for enacting this effort. On the one hand I’m relieved that I am not insane and that there is evidence for my double down.

On the other the new Brive is disappointed to have ruined Kirb’s happy moment. :burn:

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2981

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:02 pm

Oh and Freethought, you will note my primary thrust was about the MSM. I think that point is now manifest.

ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
Posts: 6447
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2982

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:20 pm

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:35 am
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Nerd manages to both make it all about him, and also misspell her name.

Part of me thinks she would have not wanted it any other way.

https://i.imgur.com/JgKKLb2.png

Oggie (I assume that is our old friend Ogvorbis?) also spins the spotlight onto himself.

Gotta love Meyers's self-obssessed lunatic audience.

https://i.imgur.com/MJ5KHbr.png

Sorry, but I don't see where Oggie makes it about himself.
Firstly, let me make it very clear that Caine's death is sad news, as there are many less horrific ways to go than cancer. It's a horrible suffering.

Your question: it was the "for me" bit which got to me, as Ogvorbis has a whole history of playing to the crowd for sympathy for his own actions, whipping his back in penance and then asking for people to feel repelled by/sorry for him.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2983

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:23 pm

shoutinghorse wrote: What an absolute cunt Mike Stuchbery is.

He's a cunt for certain, but he lost the absolute cunt title by not accepting the dox. Credit where it's due.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2984

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:36 pm

This seems to becoming more common. Why there, though? Why not go to the slaughterhouse or farm? They must be virtue-signalling attention whites. Also, what the fuck rape are they talking about? Most cattle are artificially inseminated, and they don't appear particularly traumatized.

They really need to go after the eight men that gang-raped a pregnant goat to death-
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiat ... 2018-07-28

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2985

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:38 pm

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:35 am
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Nerd manages to both make it all about him, and also misspell her name.

Part of me thinks she would have not wanted it any other way.

https://i.imgur.com/JgKKLb2.png

Oggie (I assume that is our old friend Ogvorbis?) also spins the spotlight onto himself.

Gotta love Meyers's self-obssessed lunatic audience.

https://i.imgur.com/MJ5KHbr.png

Sorry, but I don't see where Oggie makes it about himself.
Firstly, let me make it very clear that Caine's death is sad news, as there are many less horrific ways to go than cancer. It's a horrible suffering.

Your question: it was the "for me" bit which got to me, as Ogvorbis has a whole history of playing to the crowd for sympathy for his own actions, whipping his back in penance and then asking for people to feel repelled by/sorry for him.
It’s definately Ogvorbis. The steam train link to RL is a give away. Also. I’m pretty sure we are the ones to call him “oggie”. Correct me if I’m wrong. I see that as a pity-flare.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2986

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:41 pm

There seems to be a trend in selective reporting.


free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2987

Post by free thoughtpolice » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:59 pm

Brive1987 wrote: There seems to be a trend in selective reporting.

Well, if you look at this report, it's pretty clear they were muslims and extremists. What did they leave out?
https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-found-11- ... d=57114702

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2988

Post by free thoughtpolice » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Brive1987 wrote: There seems to be a trend in selective reporting.

this is the CBS report on the topic. The only selective reporting I'm seeing is from the BNN (Brive News Network).
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/siraj-wahh ... documents/

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2989

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:13 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: There seems to be a trend in selective reporting.

htt.ps://twitter.com/themrc/status/1027409098931888128?s=21
this is the CBS report on the topic. The only selective reporting I'm seeing is from the BNN (Brive News Network).
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/siraj-wahh ... documents/
We have seen the fluid nature of news reporting.

The specific item I referenced claimed:
after court documents were released alleging that the kids were being trained to carry out school shootings. Despite those revelations, ABC’s World News Tonight and the CBS Evening News still refused to report the connection to Muslim extremism by the five adults there.
Your rebuttal is less constrained.

See also https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/ni ... d-children

But yeah. There is no trend in the news to tip toe around such topics. :bjarte:

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2990

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:18 pm

PZ has a typically BS comment up that certain people here may wish to bond with.
This is revealing. According to Laura Ingraham, demographic shifts are not organic, but have been forced upon the country by the mysteriously powerful Left, which has the ability to compel people to have children and to move to new places.
Powerful discourse and logic. Feel free to consume with relish. :mrgreen:

Stankeye
.
.
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2991

Post by Stankeye » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:26 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: There seems to be a trend in selective reporting.

this is the CBS report on the topic. The only selective reporting I'm seeing is from the BNN (Brive News Network).
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/siraj-wahh ... documents/
It all depends on who you read. I did a google search for New Mexico compound school attacks. Fox (not surprisingly) has in the link headline 'extremist Muslim' The rest are uninformative, maybe mentioning extremism. Picking articles at random (skipping Fox), some will say muslim and extremist, others you will not find either mentioned.

I don't know who my observations support, you or Brive, but I don't think it can be said that there is not a reluctance by some outlets to call a pig a pig.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2992

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:38 pm

Maybe this observation will be less triggering.

I am ashamed to say that I missed poetry-gate.

...................

Editor’s note: On July 24, 2018, The Nation and its poetry editors, Stephanie Burt and Carmen Giménez Smith, made this statement about the poem below, which contains disparaging and ableist language that has given offense and caused harm to members of several communities:

As poetry editors, we hold ourselves responsible for the ways in which the work we select is received. We made a serious mistake by choosing to publish the poem “How-To.” We are sorry for the pain we have caused to the many communities affected by this poem. We recognize that we must now earn your trust back. Some of our readers have asked what we were thinking. When we read the poem we took it as a profane, over-the-top attack on the ways in which members of many groups are asked, or required, to perform the work of marginalization. We can no longer read the poem in that way.

We are currently revising our process for solicited and unsolicited submissions. But more importantly, we are listening, and we are working. We are grateful for the insightful critiques we have heard, but we know that the onus of change is on us, and we take that responsibility seriously. In the end, this decision means that we need to step back and look at not only our editing process, but at ourselves as editors.

* * *

If you got hiv, say aids. If you a girl,
say you’re pregnant––nobody gonna lower
themselves to listen for the kick. People
passing fast. Splay your legs, cock a knee
funny. It’s the littlest shames they’re likely
to comprehend. Don’t say homeless, they know
you is. What they don’t know is what opens
a wallet, what stops em from counting
what they drop. If you’re young say younger.
Old say older. If you’re crippled don’t
flaunt it. Let em think they’re good enough
Christians to notice. Don’t say you pray,
say you sin. It’s about who they believe
they is. You hardly even there.

.......

Alas written by a white man using black english.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 7364
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2993

Post by Ape+lust » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Unmarked revisions are enough of a problem that this site tracks the changes (via Tim Pool):

http://newsdiffs.org/

Right now they monitor the NYTimes, CNN, Politico, WaPo, and the BBC.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2994

Post by free thoughtpolice » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:46 pm

Brive wrote:
But yeah. There is no trend in the news to tip toe around such topics. :bjarte:
The "MSM" don't always get it right and aren't always unbiased, but I will trust their fact checking, accuracy, and attempts at classical unbiased journalism over the right wing cut outs like Newsbusters, Breitbart, NewsMax, or the youtube "citizen journalists like Alex Jones and the braid bimbos.
In your other example about the rioting MauMaus in Melbourne, another story appeared shortly after you posted the first one that added the details later that you expected to see. Instead of attributing the difference in the details as the paper trying to update the story after doing checking and getting more facts you assume that it is evidence that they are being sneaky.
The muslim compound story is another example of them taking time to get the facts checked and not at all tip toeing around the topic. You should read beyond the links I supplied, they have got more detail by far than the hit and run sensationalist schlock that the alt lite/alt right internet types.
Just because they took the time to get it right doesn't mean they are tiptoeing around the facts.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2995

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:49 pm

Right or wrong. I’m still trying to the process the fact that the hysterical wets here have the same thought patterns as PZ.
The America we know and love doesn’t exist anymore…because there are more brown people living here. Most of us — meaning Fox News viewers, not intelligent, compassionate people — don’t like these brown people living here.

I guess “demographic change” is the new code phrase for non-white people that we don’t like.
If only it were that simple.

http://archive.is/jvAB0

dog puke
.
.
Posts: 1635
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2996

Post by dog puke » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:50 pm

Brive1987 wrote: Hey Canadians. Is this something or is it a nothing-burger?

It will cleanse our nation of original sin.

Why do you ask, oh son of Captain Cook?

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2997

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:51 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive wrote:
But yeah. There is no trend in the news to tip toe around such topics. :bjarte:
The "MSM" don't always get it right and aren't always unbiased, but I will trust their fact checking, accuracy, and attempts at classical unbiased journalism over the right wing cut outs like Newsbusters, Breitbart, NewsMax, or the youtube "citizen journalists like Alex Jones and the braid bimbos.
In your other example about the rioting MauMaus in Melbourne, another story appeared shortly after you posted the first one that added the details later that you expected to see. Instead of attributing the difference in the details as the paper trying to update the story after doing checking and getting more facts you assume that it is evidence that they are being sneaky.
The muslim compound story is another example of them taking time to get the facts checked and not at all tip toeing around the topic. You should read beyond the links I supplied, they have got more detail by far than the hit and run sensationalist schlock that the alt lite/alt right internet types.
Just because they took the time to get it right doesn't mean they are tiptoeing around the facts.
I’ll think about that.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2998

Post by Kirbmarc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:59 pm

Brive1987 wrote: Right or wrong. I’m still trying to the process the fact that the hysterical wets here have the same thought patterns as PZ.
The America we know and love doesn’t exist anymore…because there are more brown people living here. Most of us — meaning Fox News viewers, not intelligent, compassionate people — don’t like these brown people living here.

I guess “demographic change” is the new code phrase for non-white people that we don’t like.
If only it were that simple.

http://archive.is/jvAB0
So when Lauren Southern interviewed Alexandr Dugin and gave him questions about how to react to the horrible libtards who ruined the west it didn't mean that she agreed with him, it was guilt by association to even dare to suggest it, and only horrible libtards could be concerned about a guy who wanted a genocide of anti-Russian Ukrainians anyway.

But the fact that PZ Myers is also not a fan of the right wing "demographic panic" is remarkable. :bjarte:

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#2999

Post by free thoughtpolice » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:00 pm

Stankeye wrote:
It all depends on who you read. I did a google search for New Mexico compound school attacks. Fox (not surprisingly) has in the link headline 'extremist Muslim' The rest are uninformative, maybe mentioning extremism. Picking articles at random (skipping Fox), some will say muslim and extremist, others you will not find either mentioned.
CBS, which was named in the tweet as several articles about it , and going in to some detail*. ABC has some detail and makes it clear they are muslim extremists.
The tweet was bullshit as often the twitterverse and the new alt-right is.

Keating
.
.
Posts: 1928
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: South of anteater guy
Contact:

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

#3000

Post by Keating » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:13 pm

Eh, part of the problem is Twitter, where you can see the journalists who write these stories Id on display.

Locked