Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by Brive1987 »

You can tell I spent the spoons from the rushed graph titles. :cdc:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Might want to mute the sound, but might raise a chuckle.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: So a 9-year-old topped himself after being bullied for being gay. Is there any indication of his mum enabling that bullshit (coming out, not topping himself)? Wouldn't be surprised...
Did you see her dyed hair?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Do not send your children to a Catholic school/institution.

We Saw Nuns Kill Children: The Ghosts of St. Joseph’s Catholic Orphanage

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:56 pm
I find it interesting that everyone (from the Democrats, PZ and the Tibbetts family) has wrenched the conversation from “say no to unvetted illegal immigrants” to “we love hispanics, fuck off you filthy racists”.
It broke my heart every time I saw Mollie Tibbetts' dad speak. But yesterday he said mexicans "are just Iowans with better food."

Why does the Left always eventually dumb down the immigration debate to: but hey, how 'bout that cuisine! I love Thai food. Heck, how big is Thailand? Let's just move all of Thailand here.

Again, I feel terrible for the family. But you -- and I mean not just the family, but the Dems -- can't chide: mustn't politicize her death now, then turn right around and politicize it with pro-immigrant comments.

Oh, and a swift kick in the cunt for that shriveled, hypocritical pretendian, elizabeth Warren, for giving quick lip service to Mollie T's death before stressing the need to address "real problems" like "babies being separated from their mamas." Did you even realize what just came out of your mouth, you fucking evil cunt?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

The far left always politicized every gun death, so if it comes around to immigration, they really should own it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: True story, there used to be a restaurant in Portland Oregon called the Hung Far Lo, and rumor had it that it was a gay bar.
Berkeley had a chinese restaurant named Major Dong. I kid you not.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I always wanted to own a gay bar. Just so I could name it Homo Erectus.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
I find it interesting that everyone (from the Democrats, PZ and the Tibbetts family) has wrenched the conversation from “say no to unvetted illegal immigrants” to “we love hispanics, fuck off you filthy racists”.
It broke my heart every time I saw Mollie Tibbetts' dad speak. But yesterday he said mexicans "are just Iowans with better food."

Why does the Left always eventually dumb down the immigration debate to: but hey, how 'bout that cuisine! I love Thai food. Heck, how big is Thailand? Let's just move all of Thailand here.

Again, I feel terrible for the family. But you -- and I mean not just the family, but the Dems -- can't chide: mustn't politicize her death now, then turn right around and politicize it with pro-immigrant comments.

Oh, and a swift kick in the cunt for that shriveled, hypocritical pretendian, elizabeth Warren, for giving quick lip service to Mollie T's death before stressing the need to address "real problems" like "babies being separated from their mamas." Did you even realize what just came out of your mouth, you fucking evil cunt?
The food in Iowa is first rate.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

German papers are simply astonished that Chemnitz appears to be entirely populated by Nazis, that the CDu, CSU and SPD are losing 11% each in popularity in a year, and that the AfD is now at 25 percent.

There was none of this in 2014.

Surely even the dumbest journalist can work out what has changed since 2014 in Germany.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I always wanted to own a gay bar. Just so I could name it Homo Erectus.
Good name for a bike shop would be Pedal Philia. Doubt it would get much business though.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

SM1957 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:08 pm
German papers are simply astonished that Chemnitz appears to be entirely populated by Nazis, that the CDu, CSU and SPD are losing 11% each in popularity in a year, and that the AfD is now at 25 percent.

There was none of this in 2014.

Surely even the dumbest journalist can work out what has changed since 2014 in Germany.
You would be amazed at what people can not figure out when their continued employment is congruent with their bafflement.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:
I'll bet Peez loved it when rascally Republicans turned opposing the Iraq war into a matter of "supporting the troops."

Why didn't you support the troops, Peez? They paid in blood for you.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:
HEEEE! :D

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

I hope people are using the correct pronoun for HMS The Prince of Wales.

It is 'her'. The Prince of Wales is now trans! Has the world gone mad?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/id ... t_carriers

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:52 pm

... snip

I'm saying that your view on culture is simplistic, ignores nuance, the individual and is in direct contradiction to the enlightenment values that made the west what it is today. It is also fairly clear that embracing the alt-right in any form is, or shortly will be, political suicide.

Compassionate immigration reform would sell. Highlighting the excesses, narcissism and ultimate futility of the far-left will lead to it's marginalization and eventual demise. Hanging around and promoting people who are after attention or warning of the dangers of chemtrails while chucking brain supplements will backfire and sustain the far left.

Just as the far left gave rise to the far right, embracing the far right only emboldens the far left. It becomes a vicious cycle wherein people become reactive instead of thoughtful.
The West is/was far more than “enlightenment values”. The enlightenment flowed out of the Renaissance and into Romanticism, the counter-enlightenment and then into hyper nationalism and ideological hot-war leading to ideological cold-war. The ‘West’ is now in a period of social decay and possible collapse. The world has whirled on into new forms and IMHO needs to rebase on the interconnected social strength of cultural community.

Kirb’s secret shame is that his “hail the enlightenment” POV is as socio-politically Arcadian as any trad-lifer busy baking bread.

But anyway. Re your point about individuals. It’s hard to embrace this nuance when migrants are arriving in annual collective blocks of 200,000 people. Year on year. And are only heading for two urban centres.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

SM1957 wrote: I hope people are using the correct pronoun for HMS The Prince of Wales.

Quite the investment when it will typically carry 18 planes. I always thought the navy worked in threes .. one laid up, one on deployment one in transit or being worked up.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Today I learned: men have a legal right to an abortion:

Abort.png
(81.85 KiB) Downloaded 345 times

And men are never ever the victims of violence.

Einstein.jpg
(88.04 KiB) Downloaded 342 times

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

This makes it really hard to argue Muscato shouldn't be allowed in women's toilets.

https://imgur.com/axF66RA.jpg

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:35 pm
It’s not simply that the West happened upon liberal democracy first. It’s that the existing cultural crucible produced and then accommodated this punctuation in the general equilibrium.
This is a teleological fallacy.

One can formulate this argument around any historical happening, and then backdoor inherent superiority of the focal culture as an unstated major premise. For example:
It’s not simply that the East happened upon the concept of zero first. It’s that the existing cultural crucible produced and then accommodated this punctuation in the general equilibrium.
It completely overlooks other factors that may have contributed to the outcome (for example resources are not evenly distributed around the world) and does so because one wishes to start with the conclusion and work backwards.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:The ‘West’ is now in a period of social decay and possible collapse.
The "west" is decaying so much that lots of people want to move there. :bjarte:

People vote for the best political regimes with their feet. They ran FROM the "communist paradises" or the fascist regimes in droves, they ran and run TO the liberal democracies. The communist and fascist regimes crumbled or turned into open-sky prisons. Even more recent utopian experiments like Venezuela have turned out to be catastrophes in a relatively short time. I don't see that happening in liberal democracies.

The rumors of the demise of the "west" have been greatly exaggerated. Are there issues? Sure, which society HASN'T had social, economical, political issues? But those issues are not the apocalyptic narrative of decline of the Spenglerian right. Social tensions in liberal democracies are nowhere near as bad as the social collapses that are happening in various dictatorship and autocracies in the Middle East and Africa.

China is also dealing with increasing social, cultural and economic tensions, and with issues like a growing portion of elderly people, just like the "western" countries. Hell, India and China have to deal with a huge surplus of men who cannot find women due to reduced female births, the "west" doesn't have that problem at least.

Global warming and the subsequent climate change is also a forgotten threat which is affecting the Third World first. Everybody seems to have forgotten about those issues, and yet they're destabilizing factors in countries with large populations and poor access to water.

Fretting about "loss of culture" looks pretty petty when compared to potential wars over water resources. If climate change messes up Africa and the Middle East even more people there WILL be leaving those areas in droves, and there'll be little that can be done to stop them. Managing immigration (including redirecting fluxes so they do not simply concentrate in some specific areas) might be possible, stopping it outright is a pie-in-the-sky project.

The best way to reduce immigration to manageable levels is to help the countries of origin of the immigrants to stabilize and develop. If people can live in a relatively stable and growing economy they stop leaving.

Keating

Post by Keating »

What an incredibly Western argument to make.

Keating

Post by Keating »

What an incredibly Western argument to make.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Ape+lust wrote: This makes it really hard to argue Muscato shouldn't be allowed in women's toilets.
GoogleFail: Not my idea of fun.

MWSnap062 2018-08-29, 11_24_44.jpg
(24.04 KiB) Downloaded 219 times

Keating

Post by Keating »

That dumb joke was intended for Drokkit, obviously.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Hey, Pitters.

Some people on social media are claiming Dan "Nazi" Arel has been "perma-banned" from Twitter. His account is down at the mo, but I've seen this happen before, only for it to be a suspension.
We'll see, but a major source of lulz has been taken away, potentially forever.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

DrokkIt wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
It’s not simply that the West happened upon liberal democracy first. It’s that the existing cultural crucible produced and then accommodated this punctuation in the general equilibrium.

One can formulate this argument around any historical happening, and then backdoor inherent superiority of the focal culture as an unstated major premise. For example:
It’s not simply that the East happened upon the concept of zero first. It’s that the existing cultural crucible produced and then accommodated this punctuation in the general equilibrium.
It completely overlooks other factors that may have contributed to the outcome (for example resources are not evenly distributed around the world) and does so because one wishes to start with the conclusion and work backwards.
I don’t think I was arguing, back door, for inmate superiority. It was more a deterministic pitch saying that the enlightenment was the outcome of a historical process that occurred in the West and reflected the environment from which it came. Ie it wasn’t a contained light bulb movement that could be captured and sprinkled like fairy dust on the deserving third world.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

“innate”

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Ape+lust wrote: This makes it really hard to argue Muscato shouldn't be allowed in women's toilets.
GoogleFail: Not my idea of fun.

MWSnap062 2018-08-29, 11_24_44.jpg
Don't be evil, Google.

https://imgur.com/Kxz96yR.jpg

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Brive1987 wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

I don’t think I was arguing, back door, for inmate superiority. It was more a deterministic pitch saying that the enlightenment was the outcome of a historical process that occurred in the West and reflected the environment from which it came. Ie it wasn’t a contained light bulb movement that could be captured and sprinkled like fairy dust on the deserving third world.

My point was not to say that the observation is wrong, more that the argument methodology is incomplete and that there are a lot of other contributing factors that are relevant.

There is a tendency to to put the success of western culture down to it being somehow inherently better, and ultimately many take the next step into saying it's better because of who the culture is (I am not levelling this accusation at you here). However the past clearly demonstrates that most of the things we have decided are an apt measurement of it's superiority are actually recent developments.

My family can be traced back in the UK for at least a thousand years (probably much longer than that if I do 23andMe), and 'the culture' of the UK has been continuous for a great deal of that time, but what percentage of those years did my ancestors live in a society that is measurably better on the HDI?

I simply feel that arguments about 'the culture' overlook everything that created said culture, and do so very conveniently in a way the amounts to saying 'x culture is a natural kind'.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

The thin one in specs looks like she could have been a pretty girl before she discovered, well whatever particular lunacy it is, I'm assuming feminism. :?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:06 pm
Our Tit is a capricious god.
Rem acu tetigisti as Bertie used to say. Surely the whole point of godhood is not having to follow any rules at all. Which is a lot more succinct than JBP on the subject.

John D

Post by John D »

DrokkIt wrote: There is a tendency to to put the success of western culture down to it being somehow inherently better, and ultimately many take the next step into saying it's better because of who the culture is (I am not levelling this accusation at you here). However the past clearly demonstrates that most of the things we have decided are an apt measurement of it's superiority are actually recent developments.

My family can be traced back in the UK for at least a thousand years (probably much longer than that if I do 23andMe), and 'the culture' of the UK has been continuous for a great deal of that time, but what percentage of those years did my ancestors live in a society that is measurably better on the HDI?

I simply feel that arguments about 'the culture' overlook everything that created said culture, and do so very conveniently in a way the amounts to saying 'x culture is a natural kind'.
I like to think of it in simple terms. If we assume no culture is morally superior to any other then how do we interpret history? Why are some cultures and forms of governments spreading and others not so much?

It's really all about productivity.

The real reason the Europeans destroyed the Indians in the Americas is because they could. They out produced the native people. Hell, in the 1600s Europeans could buy a giant chunk of land from native people for a simple hand axe. Once the Indians lost most of their power by selling things off and disease, a bunch of their land was simply stolen. The Indians couldn't do anything to stop it. This process took hundreds of years.

It is not like Europeans decided to wipe out the Indians... not really. It's not that simple. It is more a case that, for a culture to survive it has to be as productive as their neighbor.

The only reason I support Western philosophy and culture is that I live in Western culture and philosophy. But, it's not like I can change that... and I have decided that I don't want to hate myself or the people who came before me that shared my philosophy. It is more fulfilling and interesting to embrace my shared past than to hate it.

I think the SJWs really just hate themselves. They are the least productive of us.... and they do not embrace our shared history. They are not happy and they are not fulfilled. They would rather destroy us and themselves than do the hard work of running things.

John D

Post by John D »

shoutinghorse wrote:

The thin one in specs looks like she could have been a pretty girl before she discovered, well whatever particular lunacy it is, I'm assuming feminism. :?
Y'all do realize this is just a bunch of college girls joking around with magic markers... right? Only one of them is fully SJW with buzz cut rainbow hair. The girl in the center just has on a rainbow wig. Sorry to spoil your fun... haha... but you are making a pretty big deal out of a bunch of goofy kids.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:09 pm
Captain said:
I'm not sorry the FT hasn't quarantined your identity politics, I'm a little appalled that you lack the courtesy to do it yourself. You've been asked by numerous posters to do so. There have been attempts, as people say, to get the pit back on track. But somehow you remain oblivious.
Was this aimed at Kirb’s wall of words or just my pointed posts? And what, dare I ask, is “back on track”? I take it, as a fair man, you mean somewhere where there is absolutely no reference to identity of any nature? :lol: The Pit lost its central purpose when FTB and ‘SJWs in Atheism’ devolved to a puddle within the sea of left leaning pomo identity narratives.

It (should) go without saying that Lauren Southern exploring the kasbahs of Paris between terror attacks and saying “what the fuck” is a little different to your purple haired SJW shrieking about the patriarchal basis to ‘shut up and listen’.

But I don’t think you are an arsehole. I do find you curious though.

In any case. Did you not once explain how my strawmanned POV mapped very closely indeed to your northern clan experiences?
Apologies if I’m misremembering
Why does this go without saying? Both are delusional, hyperbolic and dangerous.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: Y'all do realize this is just a bunch of college girls joking around with magic markers... right? Only one of them is fully SJW with buzz cut rainbow hair. The girl in the center just has on a rainbow wig. Sorry to spoil your fun... haha... but you are making a pretty big deal out of a bunch of goofy kids.
And they would have got away with but for old man John D.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Snapfingers wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:09 pm
Captain said:
I'm not sorry the FT hasn't quarantined your identity politics, I'm a little appalled that you lack the courtesy to do it yourself. You've been asked by numerous posters to do so. There have been attempts, as people say, to get the pit back on track. But somehow you remain oblivious.
Was this aimed at Kirb’s wall of words or just my pointed posts? And what, dare I ask, is “back on track”? I take it, as a fair man, you mean somewhere where there is absolutely no reference to identity of any nature? :lol: The Pit lost its central purpose when FTB and ‘SJWs in Atheism’ devolved to a puddle within the sea of left leaning pomo identity narratives.

It (should) go without saying that Lauren Southern exploring the kasbahs of Paris between terror attacks and saying “what the fuck” is a little different to your purple haired SJW shrieking about the patriarchal basis to ‘shut up and listen’.

But I don’t think you are an arsehole. I do find you curious though.

In any case. Did you not once explain how my strawmanned POV mapped very closely indeed to your northern clan experiences?
Apologies if I’m misremembering
Why does this go without saying? Both are delusional, hyperbolic and dangerous.
But Lauren has all-natural blond hair and is defending traditions and culture, so it's OK When She Does It.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirb. Very MGTOW of you.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

MarcusAu wrote:
John D wrote: Y'all do realize this is just a bunch of college girls joking around with magic markers... right? Only one of them is fully SJW with buzz cut rainbow hair. The girl in the center just has on a rainbow wig. Sorry to spoil your fun... haha... but you are making a pretty big deal out of a bunch of goofy kids.
What about the one who seems to have succeeded in making her left arm African American? (or whatever their nationality is).

BTW, I hate tattoos. The only way I'm ever gonna get one is if I sit on a ball point pen.

John D

Post by John D »

Hunt wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
What about the one who seems to have succeeded in making her left arm African American? (or whatever their nationality is).

BTW, I hate tattoos. The only way I'm ever gonna get one is if I sit on a ball point pen.
I also hate tattoos. This generation of young people absolutely love them. My 22 yo daughter has five already.... with plans for more.

I don't know how that gurl turned her whole arm black... but it doesn't look permanent to me.

Those darn kids.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

John D wrote:
DrokkIt wrote: There is a tendency to to put the success of western culture down to it being somehow inherently better, and ultimately many take the next step into saying it's better because of who the culture is (I am not levelling this accusation at you here). However the past clearly demonstrates that most of the things we have decided are an apt measurement of it's superiority are actually recent developments.

I like to think of it in simple terms. If we assume no culture is morally superior to any other then how do we interpret history? Why are some cultures and forms of governments spreading and others not so much?

It's really all about productivity.

The real reason the Europeans destroyed the Indians in the Americas is because they could. They out produced the native people. Hell, in the 1600s Europeans could buy a giant chunk of land from native people for a simple hand axe. Once the Indians lost most of their power by selling things off and disease, a bunch of their land was simply stolen. The Indians couldn't do anything to stop it. This process took hundreds of years.

It is not like Europeans decided to wipe out the Indians... not really. It's not that simple. It is more a case that, for a culture to survive it has to be as productive as their neighbor.

The only reason I support Western philosophy and culture is that I live in Western culture and philosophy. But, it's not like I can change that... and I have decided that I don't want to hate myself or the people who came before me that shared my philosophy. It is more fulfilling and interesting to embrace my shared past than to hate it.

I think the SJWs really just hate themselves. They are the least productive of us.... and they do not embrace our shared history. They are not happy and they are not fulfilled. They would rather destroy us and themselves than do the hard work of running things.
I don't assume no culture is morally superior. Simply pointing out how the logic being invoked matters.

The way you describe Europeans vs Native Americans has finer detail than the coarse statement "the Europeans were superior".

I am not advocating that anyone hate their culture, I am advocating an understanding of culture that isn't predicated on nativist concepts.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

John D wrote:
Hunt wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

I also hate tattoos. This generation of young people absolutely love them. My 22 yo daughter has five already.... with plans for more.

I don't know how that gurl turned her whole arm black... but it doesn't look permanent to me.

Those darn kids.
Follow the money. It's a global conspiracy by tattoo artists. I blame Sean Penn for starting the lunacy.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Kirb. Very MGTOW of you.
Nah. I'd date her, and even use precautions to avoid white genocide a great replacement. :twatson:

Gotta love her journalistic standards, though:

>She films a video about how non-white people in the street of Paris are the death of France

>People criticize her for clearly implying that non-white people in France are the death of France

>She interviews two random people to ask them if they agree that there are too many non-white people in France, because the opinion of two people is evidence in her favor

Seems legit :bjarte:

HeY pEoPle I aM laUreN sOutHerN, a rEaL joUrnAlisT wHo cAreS aBoUt fAcTs aNd evIdeNce

https://i.imgflip.com/1y95km.jpg

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

John D wrote: I don't know how that gurl turned her whole arm black... but it doesn't look permanent to me.

Those darn kids.
Uhh, That's where you're wrong I think. It looks entirely real to me. I've seen that level of ugliness and worse in tottoos.

Ok, I be totally honest. A cute tattoo here or there is fine. One of those bicep bands on a fit woman I find sexy as hell. And, ok, a sun tatto on the upper back spine is sort of cool looking. But...
When entire limbs are black, red and blue, I cringe. For me that rises to the level of disfigurement and body mutilation, and it's a major turn-off, not just erotically but aesthetically.

For the life of me I can't relate to the "illustrated man" look. It may be my upbringing, but it evokes for me the same carnival grotesqueness that Bradbury wrote about.

Oh, and get off my lawn.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Universities in America are now pulling research from their web sites.

Because universities are no longer interested in finding out new things....

https://news.brown.edu/articles/2018/08/gender

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Hunt wrote:
Uhh, That's where you're wrong I think. It looks entirely real to me. I've seen that level of ugliness and worse in tottoos.

Ok, I be totally honest. A cute tattoo here or there is fine. One of those bicep bands on a fit woman I find sexy as hell. And, ok, a sun tatto on the upper back spine is sort of cool looking. But...
When entire limbs are black, red and blue, I cringe. For me that rises to the level of disfigurement and body mutilation, and it's a major turn-off, not just erotically but aesthetically.

For the life of me I can't relate to the "illustrated man" look. It may be my upbringing, but it evokes for me the same carnival grotesqueness that Bradbury wrote about.

Oh, and get off my lawn.
I rather like the odd person (and all people are odd when it comes down to it).

Tom Leppard being a case in point...we will not see his like again (actually we probably will - but it won't be in the same context).

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

SM1957 wrote: Universities in America are now pulling research from their web sites.

Because universities are no longer interested in finding out new things....

https://news.brown.edu/articles/2018/08/gender
Brown went full SJW some time ago....

The full paper is available:
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/artic ... ne.0202330

It finds that social contagion is the likely cause of ROGD
the vast majority (80.4%) had zero indicators from the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for childhood gender dysphoria with 12.2% possessing one indicator, 3.5% with two indicators, and 2.4% with three indicators.

Most of the parents (80.9%) answered affirmatively that their child’s announcement of being transgender came “out of the blue without significant prior evidence of gender dysphoria.” Respondents were asked to pinpoint a time when their child seemed not at all gender dysphoric and to estimate the length of time between that point and their child’s announcement of a transgender-identity. Almost a third of respondents (32.4%) noted that their child did not seem gender dysphoric when they made their announcement and 26.0% said the length of time from not seeming gender dysphoric to announcing a transgender identity was between less than a week to three months. The most striking examples of “not seeming at all gender dysphoric” prior to making the announcement included a daughter who loved summers and seemed to love how she looked in a bikini, another daughter who happily wore bikinis and makeup, and another daughter who previously said, “I love my body!”

The majority of respondents (69.2%) believed that their child was using language that they found online when they “came out.”

The observation that it didn’t sound like their child’s voice was also expressed as “sounding scripted,” like their child was “reading from a script,” “wooden,” “like a form letter,” and that it didn’t sound like their child’s words. Parents described finding the words their child said to them “verbatim,” “word for word,” “practically copy and paste,” and “identical” in online and other sources.
and severely rips mental health professionals for not listening to the parents or looking at other factors, such as pre-existing mental health problems and same-sex attraction.

No wonder that rabid, abusive autogynephile, Julia Serano, went ape-shit.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:52 pm

... snip

I'm saying that your view on culture is simplistic, ignores nuance, the individual and is in direct contradiction to the enlightenment values that made the west what it is today. It is also fairly clear that embracing the alt-right in any form is, or shortly will be, political suicide.

Compassionate immigration reform would sell. Highlighting the excesses, narcissism and ultimate futility of the far-left will lead to it's marginalization and eventual demise. Hanging around and promoting people who are after attention or warning of the dangers of chemtrails while chucking brain supplements will backfire and sustain the far left.

Just as the far left gave rise to the far right, embracing the far right only emboldens the far left. It becomes a vicious cycle wherein people become reactive instead of thoughtful.
The West is/was far more than “enlightenment values”. The enlightenment flowed out of the Renaissance and into Romanticism, the counter-enlightenment and then into hyper nationalism and ideological hot-war leading to ideological cold-war. The ‘West’ is now in a period of social decay and possible collapse. The world has whirled on into new forms and IMHO needs to rebase on the interconnected social strength of cultural community.

Kirb’s secret shame is that his “hail the enlightenment” POV is as socio-politically Arcadian as any trad-lifer busy baking bread.

But anyway. Re your point about individuals. It’s hard to embrace this nuance when migrants are arriving in annual collective blocks of 200,000 people. Year on year. And are only heading for two urban centres.
Yet avoiding this nuance is authoritarian and deeply illiberal. Amorphous and ill-defined collectives are wrong no matter which side does it.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:28 am
Brive1987 wrote: Kirb. Very MGTOW of you.
Nah. I'd date her, and even use precautions to avoid white genocide a great replacement. :twatson:

Gotta love her journalistic standards, though:

>She films a video about how non-white people in the street of Paris are the death of France

>People criticize her for clearly implying that non-white people in France are the death of France

>She interviews two random people to ask them if they agree that there are too many non-white people in France, because the opinion of two people is evidence in her favor

Seems legit :bjarte:

HeY pEoPle I aM laUreN sOutHerN, a rEaL joUrnAlisT wHo cAreS aBoUt fAcTs aNd evIdeNce

https://i.imgflip.com/1y95km.jpg
Yes, it's definitely Southern's fault that the mass immigration of people rapidly changing the character of French cities and imposing alien standards of behaviour happens to be made up of POCs. This makes it unacceptable to complain about said changes because the only valid way to frame the ojections is in terms of race and not religion, standards of behaviour or hostility to the law.

CaptainFluffyBunny

SM1957 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:51 pm

Any vessel, including aircraft, is and always will be "her, she." There is debate among some for automobiles, trucks, etc. Anything else is base blasphemy.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

SM1957 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:51 pm

Any vessel, including aircraft, is and always will be "her, she." There is debate among some for automobiles, trucks, etc. Anything else is base blasphemy.
Since there's already 79 sets of gender pronouns, why not invent another set for ships?

I suggest: shi, ship (pronounced 'she', 'her'')

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

The responses to this ad. :lol: :lol: :lol:

free thoughtpolice

I find it scary how the left ignores how dangerous Putin is and how the right just love the guy. The big danger for western society isn't the dingbats with danger hair and moonglampers. It is the trashing of democracy and a slide into authoritarianism.
https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... en/568741/

free thoughtpolice

PZ Myers has a great article on that lying windbag Jordan Peterson:
http://archive.is/ymqm0

LSUOMA edited link to archive.is instead of FfTB.
Last edited by Lsuoma on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

free thoughtpolice

Rebecca is looking really hot these days. She must be taking care of herself lately. She really nails it with this video. Who knew that black cops were just as dangerous as white cops?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Rebecca is looking really hot these days. She must be taking care of herself lately. She really nails it with this video. Who knew that black cops were just as dangerous as white cops?
Why does she say "anti fass-ist"?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote: PZ Myers has a great article on that lying windbag Jordan Peterson:
http://archive.is/ymqm0

LSUOMA edited link to archive.is instead of FfTB.
Link to Jordan's daughter's blog. I don't know if a meat diet is good for me, but it is hard to believe it is not working for her.
http://mikhailapeterson.com/2018/08/13/ ... n-lambert/