Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
Keating

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by Keating »

https://quillette.com/2018/08/29/unpack ... -knapsack/

Hasn’t read this before my last post, but it makes my same point.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

One of the worst parts of the SocJus is that for all its talks about race being a "social construct" it actually encourages race essentialism in sociological AND individual forms.

When you talk about "white people" or " black people" as absolutes, you bleat all the time about how it's evil for white people to "culturally appropriate" ideas from other cultures or subcultures, you define white privilege in individual and absolute terms, you bash white people or "race traitors", you attack people who adopt children of a different race for isolating those children from "their" culture, you're encouraging people to see race differences in terms of social outcomes as something set in stone, as an innate property that is a personal characteristic you happen to be born with.

In reality social behaviors are shaped by a lot of factors, including some which aren't part of what you're born as, but something you can change and acquire, like income, social status, power. Race correlates to these factors in some areas but they're not one and the same.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Keating wrote: https://quillette.com/2018/08/29/unpack ... -knapsack/

The main gist of the article is a good one. Identity politics are a consequence of tribalism, the "privilege gap" is mostly due to economic/sociological factors which aren't a direct consequence of visible race at the moment (although they might correlate with racial policies of the past) the SocJus definition of "white privilege" on an individual, personal basis is nonsensical, the SocJus creep into higher education and other institutions is a serious concern, differences in income are ignored in favor of a largely essentialized racial narrative. This is all true and has been documented.

And it's also true that narratives of resentment of ethnic basis are often a source of tensions and violence (incidentally this is why the alt-right is also a problem, since they routinely fan the flames of ethnic/cultural resentment).

However the problem with the article is that it ignores the fact that differences in income and in incarceration rates today may be a reflection of race-based policies of the past. The SocJus turns white privilege into an essential characteristic on a personal level, which is indeed divisive and absurd. As a SOCIOLOGICAL tool "white privilege", strictly defined as differences in income or incarcerations between social groups, MAY be of some use, although it's probably better to redefine the term as "income inequality/incarceration inequality on race basis".

As a political slogan, or as a series of rituals of groveling and public admissions of guilt, or ill-conceived attempts to make people "woke", "white privilege" is a terrible idea and should be retired. Twitter idiots, performances of white guilt and "anti-bias training" are helping no one, and might even make things worse.

Trying to analyze why income inequality or incarceration rates are CORRELATED to race is a different matter. It's hard to argue that policies of denying credit to black people, segregation, lack of political power for blacks through disenfranchisement in the recent past DIDN'T lead at least in part to income inequality, since they distributed resources of public and private services in a way that heavily disadvantaged inner city poor black communities. Same for incarceration rates, which depend on a certain level on income inequality and concentration in some specific areas.

The SocJus theater of performative guilt and shame is useless. A more rational approach to the issues of gaps between races in the US may still be warranted. Income inequality explains a lot, and indeed the Dems should focus on it A LOT more, but income inequality is intertwined with racist policies of the past. The solution to the SocJus idiocy is not to think we live in a post-racial utopia, but to approach real issue with a better, more rational mindset, which DOES take into account possible racial gaps, but without turning them into a matter of immutable essences.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Keating wrote: https://quillette.com/2018/08/29/unpack ... -knapsack/

Do albinos in Tanzania have white privilege?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

I laughed when I read about 'bear jams' but the smile disappeared on the way home from the last trip to Cape Breton. This girl and her cub in the bushes held us up a while, as I didn't want to get too close in a car with no roof:
Eastern shore roadblock.jpeg
(98 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
When she stood up on her hind legs to inspect us better I thought I might have to try a bootlegger's turn, but after staring at us for a while she rounded up the cub and disappeared.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:35 pm
Hitler beat his dogs. It's documented.
Really?

Now it is really is confirmed. Hitler was evil.

:D

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:06 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:42 pm
John D wrote: Link to Jordan's daughter's blog. I don't know if a meat diet is good for me, but it is hard to believe it is not working for her.
http://mikhailapeterson.com/2018/08/13/ ... n-lambert/
It's easy to believe she's enjoying a big placebo effect. In the long run, however, an all-meat diet is gonna wreck her.
IMHO, no one diet works best for everybody, but trying to sell her all-meat diet on her daddy's fame looks a bit huckster-like.

I had a vegan roommate once in college, helluva nice guy, so as not to offend him I stopped eating meat in the house. Weeks go by, and I'm sure I've caught mono or something worse. I know it can't be the diet because I'm taking the supplement, getting enough veggie protein. Then my dad visits, we go to lunch and I have a bacon cheeseburger. Instant bliss, I felt like superman. I didn't eat meat in the house while he lived there, but I've never dined out so much in my life.
Is she trying to sell anything? I thought she was just realating her experience and encouraging people to experiment with elimination diets.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Really?

This is incredibly ignorant. Have you forgotten about the Beer Hall Putsch? Hitler was willing to use force and violence to gain power. 20 people killed and several wounded. He might have learned to play by the democratic rules later on, but I don't think these early atrocities should be overlooked.

Keating

Post by Keating »

"Thank you Hitler, you weren't all bad."

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Rebecca is looking really hot these days. She must be taking care of herself lately. She really nails it with this video. Who knew that black cops were just as dangerous as white cops?
Smoking hot! Even she agrees:

A look at Rebecca's relative success after 12 years of tubin':

https://i.imgur.com/LNYKVB4.jpg

On the left is Jeremy Hambly AKA The Quartering, a gamer whose channel recently took off when he focused on skewering SJWs.

On the right is Mr Metokur, YouTube's shitposter. His audience size is deliberately limited by Mr Metokur himself. When his fanbase gets "too big," he quits for a while, then returns with a new channel and persona.

...aaaaand the numbers don't lie. As a YouTuber, Rebecca blows goats.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Really?

One of my favourite Tweets:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The biggest problem with the US is that by slashing funds for some public services, or in many case by distributing public resources in a way that benefits private interests rather than the public, social mobility and access to good services are much lower than in the past.

The US healthcare system is actually very expensive, but it's structured in a way that heavily penalizes socially disadvantaged and poor people. The US prison system is geared at least in part towards producing benefits for private prisons instead of serving public interests.

The US education system is organized in a way that poor areas often get less funds, which goes against the purpose of public education itself, namely to provide good educational services to those who can't good schools on their own. And American law enforcement system is structurally plagued by a motivation to increase court revenue, while public defenders are often over-worked and under-resourced, which produces mass incarceration.

This, coupled with the after-effects of a relatively recent past of racist policies, produces inequalities and gaps that create social tensions, including ethnic tensions. Groveling about how white people are evil, or going after poor white people who are ALSO majorly screwed by the system, is moronic, counterproductive, and ultimately doesn't address the real issues.

We need a non-identitarian left that looks at social issues not as a matter of Good People vs Bad People, but as a matter of structural inefficiencies in providing services to those who need them, or to provide services that are USEFUL towards a goal of elevating standards of living and ensuring that people can thrive without being enslaved to their lack of perspectives.

I think that there ARE some seeds of a more pragmatic, less identitarian left in the US. Bernie Sanders criticized racial quotas in politics, focused more on addressing income inequality/lack of access to services, defended freedom of speech, etc. I'm not saying he was perfect, he made A LOT of mistakes, such as promoting a muslim identity politics grifter like Linda Sarsour. But still. No politician is perfect.

Indeed working to reform the left USED to be what Sargon was claiming to do. He USED to talk with Kyle Kulinski of the Justice Democrats about reducing corporate influence over American elections, and to be even vaguely open to working with the Young Turks when it looked like they were calling out some of the excesses of the SocJus. For a while it looked like all the internet shitposting on SJWs could produce SOME real changes in the politics of the left.

Now it's all about identity, identity, identity. The non-identitarian left is struggling to be even noticed, since the SocJus smear it as "alt-right adjacent" or "centrism". The right is going down the rabbit hole of far-right identitarianism. Most of the Youtubers who CLAIMED to be for skepticism and rationality in politics are just pandering to their audiences and selling poorly thought cliches. Polarization is extreme and growing stupider every day.

I'm convinced that SocJus/Regressive/identity left CANNOT be defeated until the Identity Right is taken down. In the US every SocJus idiot is legitimated by Donald Trump's antics and accepted as part of the "resistance". Once Trump will be out of office MAYBE people will be amenable to listen to criticism of the SocJus. But for now even if you're vehemently against Trump, against the right wing and the alt-right if you criticize the SocJus you don't get changes for the better, only people who cheer for you since they can use your arguments to defend the populist right. And the same is true on the right: if you're a right-wing conservative NeverTrumper you don't get to change the GOP, only to be celebrate by the anti-Trump left.

TL;DR: There were lots of idiots on both sides before him, but Trump has definitely made politics dumber.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Watch out Kirb, at this rate you will have the good captain lobbying FT to curb your obsessive liberal Identitarianism.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Snapfingers wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Really?

This is incredibly ignorant. Have you forgotten about the Beer Hall Putsch? Hitler was willing to use force and violence to gain power. 20 people killed and several wounded. He might have learned to play by the democratic rules later on, but I don't think these early atrocities should be overlooked.
Uh, I think that comment was supposed to be a joke? I mean, I didn't write it, but that's how I read it.

:think:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Awwww.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Watch out Kirb, at this rate you will have the good captain lobbying FT to curb your obsessive liberal Identitarianism.
We can move back the discussion to the "ethnostate thread" if it's annoying people.

John D

Post by John D »

This is a good one....

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Brive1987 wrote: Awwww.

I guess that means she's not been getting lezzy with Lauren, nor has any immediate plans to do so.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:46 am
Watch out Kirb, at this rate you will have the good captain lobbying FT to curb your obsessive liberal Identitarianism.
Gods, what a whiner you are. I never wanted FT to shut you up, I had hoped you'd have enough courtesy to do it yourself, and move to the side-thread. I simply pointed out that in the past, he'd threatened side-tracks but failed to do so with yours. The butthurt is strong with you.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

She's married a guy with a Prussian military haircut. In Vienna? I'm not sure why this amuses me so much.

CaptainFluffyBunny

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:06 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:42 pm
John D wrote: Link to Jordan's daughter's blog. I don't know if a meat diet is good for me, but it is hard to believe it is not working for her.
http://mikhailapeterson.com/2018/08/13/ ... n-lambert/
It's easy to believe she's enjoying a big placebo effect. In the long run, however, an all-meat diet is gonna wreck her.
IMHO, no one diet works best for everybody, but trying to sell her all-meat diet on her daddy's fame looks a bit huckster-like.

I had a vegan roommate once in college, helluva nice guy, so as not to offend him I stopped eating meat in the house. Weeks go by, and I'm sure I've caught mono or something worse. I know it can't be the diet because I'm taking the supplement, getting enough veggie protein. Then my dad visits, we go to lunch and I have a bacon cheeseburger. Instant bliss, I felt like superman. I didn't eat meat in the house while he lived there, but I've never dined out so much in my life.
Is she trying to sell anything? I thought she was just realating her experience and encouraging people to experiment with elimination diets.
https://www.thecut.com/2018/08/jordan-p ... -meat.html

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Watch out Kirb, at this rate you will have the good captain lobbying FT to curb your obsessive liberal Identitarianism.
Also isn't this the same argument that religious apologists made when they called atheism a religion? A lack of identity politics is defined as identity politics. :bjarte:

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Also isn't this the same argument that religious apologists made when they called atheism a religion? A lack of identity politics is defined as identity politics. :bjarte:
It's almost as if the whole Atheism schism didn't happen because of dogmatic principals and ideals. Maybe the "religious apologists" were correct to some extent and what Brive is pointing out is that same tendency to make dogmatic principals and ideals within any process.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: Awwww.

The BDM will miss her, but Lebensborn surely is eager to welcome her!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sulman wrote: She's married a guy with a Prussian military haircut. In Vienna? I'm not sure why this amuses me so much.
I'll never forget when in a Vienna restaurant trying to order in my best Hochdeutsch until the perplexed waitress finally got it then exclaimed, "I didn't understand you with your Prussian accent!"

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

Found on twitter, poor wilw, peaked at 14, always tries to do the right thing, no one ever appreciates him, guess he's gonna go eat worms. Big fat juicy ones, eensie weensy squeensy ones, see how they wiggle and squirm!
So, Wil Wheaton migrated over to Mastodon where the large LGBT contingency said “oh no you’re not going to do to me here what you did to me on Twitter” and he promptly reported so many accounts or things such as “being kind of a smart alec” that mods started removing him from their servers. When people found out he was trying to report LGBT, (specifically trans women), accounts, the backlash against him was even greater. Moderators said he wasn’t going to removed until he showed a behavior of being anti-trans on their platform. But then after consideration moderators did tell him he was going to be removed from Mastodon where he then, as usual, tried to play an innocent victim being smeared on social media after he stirred the pot in the first place. See you next time on Days of Our Mastodon. I didn’t even mention the original instance he was on is run by someone who dead names and misgenders Chelsea Manning.
thread:

John D

Post by John D »

This is Trump related... but it is really funny... so I will post it here.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

John D wrote: This is Trump related... but it is really funny... so I will post it here.

John D wrote: This is Trump related... but it is really funny... so I will post it here.

Didn't you already post that?

free thoughtpolice

Sulman wrote: She's married a guy with a Prussian military haircut. In Vienna? I'm not sure why this amuses me so much.
The haircut is in style with the alt-lite now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Sellner
As of 2016 Mr. Pettibone is no longer a kike hating neo nazi but reasonable alt-lite type. A totally different haircut than the alt right haircut such as below:
spencer.PNG
(80.33 KiB) Downloaded 302 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I've never been 'On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at' or even with one - so it was a shock to learn about the Swastika Stone and what clues it may give us about the English...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:34 am
Found on twitter, poor wilw, peaked at 14, always tries to do the right thing, no one ever appreciates him, guess he's gonna go eat worms. Big fat juicy ones, eensie weensy squeensy ones, see how they wiggle and squirm!
So, Wil Wheaton migrated over to Mastodon where the large LGBT contingency said “oh no you’re not going to do to me here what you did to me on Twitter” and he promptly reported so many accounts or things such as “being kind of a smart alec” that mods started removing him from their servers. When people found out he was trying to report LGBT, (specifically trans women), accounts, the backlash against him was even greater. Moderators said he wasn’t going to removed until he showed a behavior of being anti-trans on their platform. But then after consideration moderators did tell him he was going to be removed from Mastodon where he then, as usual, tried to play an innocent victim being smeared on social media after he stirred the pot in the first place. See you next time on Days of Our Mastodon. I didn’t even mention the original instance he was on is run by someone who dead names and misgenders Chelsea Manning.
thread:

For those interested, a link to his words as he headed for the door : https://archive.fo/Kb0YP Thread from KotakuInAction . Some quotes:

[–]sexyjunglewarrior 144 points 7 hours ago
For those of you are confused, here's events as I understand them:

Back in the day, Wil was getting harassed by Gamergaters and took advantage of Randi Harper's blocklist, even promoting it to his followers. Thing is, Randi Harper is a TERF and whenever she had a disagreement with a trans person she would add them to her list. So basically, by spreading the list, Wil Wheaton was making it so other influential people in his sphere were automatically blocking various trans creators - limiting their networking potential.

Obviously this is Randi's fault for not being forthcoming about her list. It's definitely disingenuous to claim Wil is transphobic for not knowing that the list (which was being promoted all around the web) was faulty, nor was he the only person using / promoting it. Still, trans activists will latch onto ANYTHING as an excuse to try and shame celebrities.

Anyway, Wil ditched Twitter because they wouldn't ban Alex Jones. He joined Mastodon, where I guess you can join something called "instances"? Which seem to be like smaller communities so you only see tweets from members of that community? Anyhow, the admin of the "Fediverse instance" was getting 50+ complaints a day about Wil being on there. They also accused him of getting a trans user suspended for making fun of him and asking if he's still friends with abuser Chris Hardwick. Rather than deal with the drama, the admin just asked him to leave.

In short: don't try to be an ally. You'll just end up getting burned when they need a new guy to pick on. You a dummy, Wil.
[–]Hexen255 15 points 8 hours ago
People having their own terrible ideas thrust upon them is the only time I have any tolerance for this kind of action... but it hardly matters because I've yet to see a single instance where they have the self-reflection to realize this is what they where campaigning for.

If it made Will look at himself even a little I'd say it had some small good component to it, but since it won't it's just another case of deplatforming which is stupid no matter who the victim is.
So why all the hate? Basically he got on the wrong side of history #GamerGate and at the same time managed to also piss off his "allies" and somehow just finds himself being fucked over by similar processes he once advocated for.

Do I feel sorry for him? Nope.

Lie down with dogs. Wake up with fleas.

free thoughtpolice

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

I remember the days when you could be of indeterminate gender and be a mainstream hit, because you weren't pretending to be anything other than what you were. Mind you, Sylvester did have a sad end.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

One of Meyers's dudebros decides we should visit the iniquity of the fathers upon the children and the children's children to the third and fourth generation.

https://s22.postimg.cc/796n8k3wh/Screen ... .06_PM.png

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Stankeye wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

It's almost as if the whole Atheism schism didn't happen because of dogmatic principals and ideals. Maybe the "religious apologists" were correct to some extent and what Brive is pointing out is that same tendency to make dogmatic principals and ideals within any process.
Finally someone who doesn’t snap at the first literal impression that intersects with their bias. Of course I’m referencing Kirb’s zealous polemics and the delicious irony that the catalyst is “liberalism”.

And of course I was poking the Captain for being appalled at my temerity in not buggering off to his pre-prepared patch - while he is silent over Kirbs wordy (and arguably) more strident yangs.

:bjarte:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Jesus. This is worse than the typical (excellent) Ape animated gif.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:12 pm
:lol: Reminds me of a scene in Lawrence of Arabia after they've taken Damascus (I think) and the tribes couldn't get their acts together to "enact the labour" to make the water & electrical systems work.

En passant and of some related relevance, purchased and am in the midst of reading Wafa Sultan's A God Who Hates: The Courageous Woman Who Inflamed the Muslim World Speaks Out Against the Evils of Islam. Highly recommended; some chapter and verse on why Islam is still stuck in the 6th century and why most Muslim countries are mostly basket cases.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote: <snip>

If there’s only two people in your ethnic group, then 1.8 a week makes a fortnight a long time.

I didn’t call it a genocide. In this case it was the leftie erecting the strawman. I described elements that elevate what’s going on from the hurly burly of a typical shithole. Call it want you will.

“The state sanctioned violent targeting of people based on their group membership with the goal of destroying their identity in whole or part” will do. If this is too long, you could always invent a word to describe the dynamic. :mrgreen:
So really, we're mostly in agreement. And state sanctioned crap against people is everywhere. Buddhists in Indonesia seem to be having a rough go lately. Muslims in China, which I'm sure pleases Steersman.
Looking over my shoulder? ;-)

Not sure what other alternatives you think are viable. Seems the only ones on the table, even potentially and apart from some "final solution" (Mecca, nukes, orbit, etc), are either massive deportations or banning the "religion" along with some wholesale "re-education". Doing nothing is simply fiddling while Rome burns, simply tantamount to suicide - see: Suicide of the West: How the Rebirth of Tribalism, Populism, Nationalism, and Identity Politics is Destroying American Democracy; Suicide of the West: An Essay on the Meaning and Destiny of Liberalism; The Strange Death of Europe: Immigration, Identity, Islam

This IS, or should be, a limit to tolerance.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Der PeeZuss has been called many things. Many things. But has he ever been called a "Lobotomized toaster" before?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
Stankeye wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

Finally someone who doesn’t snap at the first literal impression that intersects with their bias. Of course I’m referencing Kirb’s zealous polemics and the delicious irony that the catalyst is “liberalism”.

And of course I was poking the Captain for being appalled at my temerity in not buggering off to his pre-prepared patch - while he is silent over Kirbs wordy (and arguably) more strident yangs.

Perhaps because I don't disagree with his gist? We may argue over some points, but he is also thoughtful and informed. Also, not nearly as prone to the polemical, despite some sins in wordiness.

And no idea why you wouldn't take it to the side thread when so many requested it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:

Maybe I'll regret asking...but could you explain the obligation of anyone to respond to anything on this board?

And while you are at it how is it that you determined the mental state of CFB. (Appalled, really?).

The good captain is not the only person to suggest sectioning off certain conversations, and said requests have not just been directed to you.

I'll keep in mind whatever rules of engagement you define for how responses and requests to you should be framed. (Though I probably won't keep a running tab of which of Kirb's posts I have addressed before I respond to yours).

It may be easier to take people at face value - rather than to attribute Machiavellian motivations to every interaction.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote: Jesus. This is worse than the typical (excellent) Ape animated gif.

https://twitter.com/prisonplanet/status ... 87648?s=21
If I had the abilities of someone like Cyriak, I'd take the video of May declaring her support for SA land reform and have her step off the podium straight into that gooney bird dance.

I feel a bit sorry for her, but if she's so lousy a toddler can smoke her, it should be no surprise she'd get flayed for shaking her ass in public.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Churchill on the other hand, was an excellent dancer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg0O8CVGySo

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

Old_ones wrote:
Snapfingers wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Really?

Uh, I think that comment was supposed to be a joke? I mean, I didn't write it, but that's how I read it.

:think:
I will work on my comedy, sorry.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Perhaps because I don't disagree with his gist? We may argue over some points, but he is also thoughtful and informed. Also, not nearly as prone to the polemical, despite some sins in wordiness.

And no idea why you wouldn't take it to the side thread when so many requested it.
Ok so you complained at least in good part, because you disagreed with my gist. Seems problematic. You never made it clear which of all the identity topics I listed were forbidden to me (based on gist/courtesy) on the main thread. Should I for instance respond to a Kirb splurg made on the main thread off thread ?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Maybe I'll regret asking...but could you explain the obligation of anyone to respond to anything on this board?

And while you are at it how is it that you determined the mental state of CFB. (Appalled, really?).

The good captain is not the only person to suggest sectioning off certain conversations, and said requests have not just been directed to you.

I'll keep in mind whatever rules of engagement you define for how responses and requests to you should be framed. (Though I probably won't keep a running tab of which of Kirb's posts I have addressed before I respond to yours).

It may be easier to take people at face value - rather than to attribute Machiavellian motivations to every interaction.
There are no rules. Beyond the FT ones most of us follow.

On a board this meta, face value is your enemy. Though meta has admittedly dried up recently in favour of something less eclectic.

I think CFB has made his opinion of me clear. Meh. Appalled is not an unreasonable adjective.

Keating

Post by Keating »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: ...
Appalled is not an unreasonable adjective.
Maybe the sands shifted that way for a time...and you had to do without, but as of late there seem to be plenty here willing to to re-pall you.

Can't please everyone...you'll just have to make do with what you've got.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

There's an Osmani Primary School on Vallance road, just a short distance from the site of Mrs Kray's house (which is not dignified with a Blue Plaque or equivalent).

I'm sure that she and her sons would be suitably appalled (if that's the right word) if they could see the state of things today.

The Blind Beggar is now a gastropub too.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Keating

Post by Keating »

A wombat tried to take me out near Goulburn. Those fuckers are built like tanks. Fortunately, my braking was sufficient to only have what looks like relatively minor damage on the front right of my car. I lost the contents of my windscreen wiper reservoir, and about a quarter of the bumper. The Coles truck that scared the wombat into my lane didn't even stop, despite watching me swerve and brake right next to him.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Mookie

Post by Mookie »

PZ is (deservedly) mocking a kook convention. However the unintended humor is that in spite of all his virtue signaling and lecturing in regards to diversity in faculty hiring, and bragging about serving on the recent search committees, the bio department at U Mn Morris still looks whiter than a Norwegian Klan Meeting. The kook convention (see the flyer on PZ's site, if interested) has achieved a far greater diversity than PZ has, despite his heroic efforts.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Mookie wrote: PZ is (deservedly) mocking a kook convention. However the unintended humor is that in spite of all his virtue signaling and lecturing in regards to diversity in faculty hiring, and bragging about serving on the recent search committees, the bio department at U Mn Morris still looks whiter than a Norwegian Klan Meeting. The kook convention (see the flyer on PZ's site, if interested) has achieved a far greater diversity than PZ has, despite his heroic efforts.
At least he respected their pronouns:

https://s22.postimg.cc/4haifa475/Screen ... .22_AM.png

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Lsuoma wrote:
That'll be the Rossetti who buried his (dead) wife with his unpublished poems, then later realised they were somehow too good to rot away with her and had them dug back up to recover them.

Good job she wasn't cremated.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ape+lust wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Jesus. This is worse than the typical (excellent) Ape animated gif.

https://twitter.com/prisonplanet/status ... 87648?s=21
If I had the abilities of someone like Cyriak, I'd take the video of May declaring her support for SA land reform and have her step off the podium straight into that gooney bird dance.

I feel a bit sorry for her, but if she's so lousy a toddler can smoke her, it should be no surprise she'd get flayed for shaking her ass in public.

And May didn't have a load in her pants.

Or did she?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Keating wrote: A wombat tried to take me out near Goulburn.
Did she pay for dinner?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

AndrewV69 wrote: Der PeeZuss has been called many things. Many things. But has he ever been called a "Lobotomized toaster" before?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait, is Commander Tuvok actually Gad Saad?

free thoughtpolice

So I hear their are some guys on this board that are attracted to trannies.

It turns out Lauren Southern wasn't joking when she said she was a man.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: So I hear their are some guys on this board that are attracted to trannies.

It turns out Lauren Southern wasn't joking when she said she was a man.
I haven't lost a boner this fast since THE CRYING GAME.