Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:41 pm
Anyone who thinks I was being literal when I said “bullied” doesn’t understand my tendencies to exaggerate for effect. That would have been a very low threshold for the term
I didn't even know it was you. I just ran with the meme.
It’s the least of my crimes. :)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: Anyone who thinks I was being literal when I said “bullied” doesn’t understand my tendencies to exaggerate for effect. That would have been a very low threshold for the term
Hey I gave you the scare quotes. If everyone else has to put up with the stuff you write - I guess you can too. (No smiley - but I'm sure you get the point).

Maybe I mistook the tone, in which case you could change the tune - but the Melody sure seemed familiar.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

FFS. That is all.

Keating

Post by Keating »

You'd think an ex-muslim would be more careful about engaging in taqiyya. :bjarte:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

He found his stapler and has moved on ...

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

More whale news: An orca that has been hanging out in the local harbor grabbed a sailboat by the anchor line and towed it into another boat.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#232713

John D

Post by John D »

Brive1987 wrote: He found his stapler and has moved on ...

It is common knowledge that gays are represented significantly "In The Navy!" I just hope this pink nailed faggot knows how to arm a torpedo when the time comes. Thanks for your service Brucie.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Here is some video with the vandalous fish story:
https://globalnews.ca/video/4363070/tra ... paign=2018

Keating

Post by Keating »

Orcas are arseholes, but they’re very cute, so I don’t care.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Here is some video with the vandalous fish story:
https://globalnews.ca/video/4363070/tra ... paign=2018
Nice how the orca flippe(re)d them off at the end.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:31 pm
DrokkIt wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:25 pm
Shatterface wrote: Have been listening to Who's Next? all week. Fucking brilliant album.
Imo the finest The Who record is... LIVE AT LEEDS!!! Superb.

#FREEKIRB omg can we get 50 likes
It's great, all right, but severely truncated. Well worth listening to the WHOle concert if you can find it (has it been released on CD yet?)
Yeah I have a bootleg somewhere- but not official of course. Top tier.

John D

Post by John D »

Dood - this is a complete shit post. The actual article is not like this. Where did you pick this up... because it is not even very close to the original.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D

Post by John D »

I am starting to hate the internet. Shit just changes all the time. I don't even know what is safe to post anymore without archiving stuff. It is just too much work.... and while I was walking the dog tonight I couldn't figure out why I care. Why do I care about stupid news articles from the mail?

It is probably personal. I have been reflecting on my life in a deeper way these days and the ground gets shaky. My wife is not working right now (summer break at the school where she is a secretary). I struggle with her at this time of year. She sleeps 12 hours a day and watches 12 hours of TV everyday. Then, when I get serious about getting something done she accuses me of being too serious and bitches me out. It is just kind of a drag. I cook. I do all the yard work.... and she tells me what needs to be done.... and she leaves packages unopened for a week on the kitchen table.... and once she opens them she leaves the boxes on the floor. Ahhhhhhh Haha... yeah... haha... I suffer.

... and so... I have this thing about people accusing men of being the lazy ones. But why do I care about stupid news articles? Hmmm. Is it an escape? Is it something I can safely complain about? (Because I can't successfully complain to my wife about her behavior?)

Probably.

And she wonders why I don't desire sex as much as I used to. It is because I see her as a sick patient. It just doesn't trigger the right mood. Hmmmm.

feathers

Post by feathers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:25 pm
More whale news: An orca that has been hanging out in the local harbor grabbed a sailboat by the anchor line and towed it into another boat.
A spokesman of the Towing and Dredging Union was outraged of this outsourcing of qualified labour to untrained, foreign labourers.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

John D wrote: I am starting to hate the internet. Shit just changes all the time. I don't even know what is safe to post anymore without archiving stuff. It is just too much work.... and while I was walking the dog tonight I couldn't figure out why I care. Why do I care about stupid news articles from the mail?

It is probably personal. I have been reflecting on my life in a deeper way these days and the ground gets shaky. My wife is not working right now (summer break at the school where she is a secretary). I struggle with her at this time of year. She sleeps 12 hours a day and watches 12 hours of TV everyday. Then, when I get serious about getting something done she accuses me of being too serious and bitches me out. It is just kind of a drag. I cook. I do all the yard work.... and she tells me what needs to be done.... and she leaves packages unopened for a week on the kitchen table.... and once she opens them she leaves the boxes on the floor. Ahhhhhhh Haha... yeah... haha... I suffer.

... and so... I have this thing about people accusing men of being the lazy ones. But why do I care about stupid news articles? Hmmm. Is it an escape? Is it something I can safely complain about? (Because I can't successfully complain to my wife about her behavior?)

Probably.

And she wonders why I don't desire sex as much as I used to. It is because I see her as a sick patient. It just doesn't trigger the right mood. Hmmmm.
Shit, man. That sounds rough. Is there nothing that motivates her? It really sounds like she's giving up.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

free thoughtpolice wrote: More whale news: An orca that has been hanging out in the local harbor grabbed a sailboat by the anchor line and towed it into another boat.
If orcas started after humans, they'd make sharks appear as friendly as kittens. There's video out there of an orca casually instructing her calf in tearing apart a 14 ft great white.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

Last week, John Cleese was lauded by the SJWs because he made fun of people making fun of "Snowflakes"

https://www.google.com/search?q=john+cleese+snowflake
Monty Python Legend John Cleese Melts The Right Wing's Favorite ...
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/.../john ... 4b09e4a8b2...
Jul 9, 2018 - Comedy legend John Cleese turned up the heat on someone who ... have attempted to determined the origin of the term “snowflake” as an ...
Actor John Cleese slams Twitter troll over 'snowflake' insult | Metro News
https://metro.co.uk › Showbiz › World Cup
Jul 9, 2018 - Monty Python actor John Cleese slammed a Twitter troll who attempted to use the 'term' snowflake as an insult.
John Cleese melts 'snowflake' insult with his trademark wit | Metro ...
https://www.metro.news/john-cleese-melt ... ./1136371/
Jul 9, 2018 - MONTY Python star John Cleese has taken one Twitter user to task over the term ‘snowflake’ — often used by right-wingers to belittle what they see as overly sensitive millenials. ... Best audiences: Helsinki, Reykjavik, Bergen, Copenhagen, Zwolle, Hamburg, Cologne, Breda ...
Mark Hamill on Twitter: "The word was "snowflake", meaning a person ...

Jul 9, 2018 - The word was "snowflake", meaning a person perceived by others to be .... Ironically, I believe @JohnCleese is now staffed at the Twitter ...
John Cleese on Twitter: "Yes I've heard this word. I think sociopaths ...

Jul 8, 2018 - Replying to @JohnCleese .... Definition of being a “snowflake” - Being kind, having empathy and compassion, caring, being inclusive not ...
Comedian John Cleese perfectly schools right-wingers who call ...
https://www.rawstory.com/.../comedian-j ... wingers-ca...
Jul 8, 2018 - Comedian John Cleese played a friendly game of “catch the idiot” on ... when someone pulled out the “s” word, responding with “snowflakes.”.
This week John Cleese is being called out for referring to his dead friend Graham Chapman as a poof.

https://www.google.com/search?q=john+cleese+poof

In honor of John Cleese, Graham Chapman and the rest of the Pythons, the Bruce Sketch and the Philosopher's Song

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

There is a second connotation to to label of 'snowflake' ie that the person is a unique special individual (for example in regards to their gender expression) and that there is no one else quite like them. So that just by existing (and speaking out) they bring a valuable contribution to the world that no one else would be able to do.

This narcissitic meaning tends to get overlooked when people tend to use the term to imply that someone is fragile or emotionally brittle.

I was going to respond 'Oh No - Not Again' to guests comment. But there has been enough posts about whales recently.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

That’s weird. I had only ever considered “snowflake” against the context of a “special little snowflake” meaning self assumed unique.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Yeah John your situation isn't sounding so fun. What makes you happy man, what can you that's more of that?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I understand some of the visuals in the Leyland Brothers opening sequence are now pointedly problematic.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: That’s weird. I had only ever considered “snowflake” against the context of a “special little snowflake” meaning self assumed unique.
As usual you put it more suscintly that me. I was just saying that it is more appropriate as a term of abuse applied to SJW (sor perhaps the left wing in general).

Just as 'running dog lackey of the imperialist-capitalist system' applies to the right (Although that has rather fallen out of favour).

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I used to like 'Mother and Son' with Norman Gunston (as was) - but other than that I'm not too familiar with Australian TV.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote: I used to like 'Mother and Son' with Norman Gunston (as was) - but other than that I'm not too familiar with Australian TV.
Come now. No prisoner or neighbours or home and away ?

Contrast Mike and Mal Leyland flashing their wives tits on their Ocker show I posted above with this latest 2020 number from Trump and tell me cultural-realism is a myth !!! :lol: :x Fuck.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Tommy Robinson released on bail to my great astonishment.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

FREEEEEEDOMMMMMM

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Well that’s good news. My house-boss even paused Suits on the TV long enough to rush in and confirm the report.

Though what’s this about Leeds getting a re-hearing?

:think:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Can’t wait for the followup blog piece from the “tard-barrister” on how the judge actually fucked up.

:burn: :popcorn:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

They are choking on their weetbix and their dogs are collectively making themselves scarce.

:lol: :lol:

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Brive1987 wrote: That’s weird. I had only ever considered “snowflake” against the context of a “special little snowflake” meaning self assumed unique.
I always thought it was an explanation of the fact that, yes, you are indeed a one off, but equally so is everybody else. So being unique doesn’t mean you are in a special category of one and everyone else lumped in together.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

piginthecity wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:18 am
I always thought it was an explanation of the fact that, yes, you are indeed a one off, but equally so is everybody else. So being unique doesn’t mean you are in a special category of one and everyone else lumped in together.
:think:

Hmm. Learnt something new today.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

piginthecity wrote:
Always read it as a double meaning. "Unique" but fragile/unstable
Melting at the slightest hint of heat (eg criticism/difficulty or offence)

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Here's a link to the full published Robinson Appeal case.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/upl ... dgment.pdf

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

piginthecity wrote:
I thought it came from Fight Club:

https://pics.me.me/you-are-not-special- ... 036118.png

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Wait, he wasn't murdered after all?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So if Tommy boy is free and wasn't killed in prison doesn't that mean that there isn't a vast conspiracy against him?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote: So if Tommy boy is free and wasn't killed in prison doesn't that mean that there isn't a vast conspiracy against him?
Hmm, Tommy gets out of prison and you start to post again...I suspect something is up...

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

comhcinc wrote: So if Tommy boy is free and wasn't killed in prison doesn't that mean that there isn't a vast conspiracy against him?
It means that Britain is unlike Russia, and that people can't just be arrested, tried and thrown in jail in a matter of hours by a judge who breaks all legal safeguards, with the liberals cheering on every time Judge Geoffrey Marson trampled over the legal system.

That appeal court statement is stunning in its delineation of just how much the legal system was abused in the service of getting Tommy Robinson in jail.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Just a quick driveby and no comment ... from me at any rate.

John D

Post by John D »

rayshul wrote: Yeah John your situation isn't sounding so fun. What makes you happy man, what can you that's more of that?
I think I am mostly blowing off steam. My wife is getting up this morning and going to hang out with friends... have lunch...go shopping.

It is important for her to keep moving as much as possible, but she has no desire. I find myself in a frustrating place where I want to push her to be active to improve her health, and avoiding an argument. It just makes me feel sad and frustrated sometimes.

I guess the trick is to tackle the problems in as fine a resolution as possible. She really bugged me yesterday because I wanted to finalize our plans to move our daughter. My wife accused me of planning to far in advance. Well.... I'm and engineer... it is impossible to plan too far in advance. And... we are move my daughter in 10 days. That is not too far in advance in my mind.

Haha - She has been binge watch a show called "The 100". It is a silly sci-fi fantasy with a hacked plot. She has been watching this show since last Thursday. Hell... she stayed up all night Thursday watching the first season. I got up in the morning on Friday to go to work and there she was... sitting on the couch... still watching.

Like I say.... I am just blowing off steam.

Anyway.... I stay busy playing guitar and working on my game designs.... and I know that partly I am in a bad mood because I am not happy with my Atomic Tank game right now. and... as you all can tell.... I lost all my emotional energy for the SJW game.

I feel like I have lost some of my creativity and I am looking for a way to get it back. It would probably help if I stopped watching the news and spent more time thinking about other topics than politics. I have been watching Joni Mitchel videos lately too. Wow. She was super creative. Where do people get this shit from? She is amazing. I am blown away by how well she can blend her chest voice and head voice. Fuck.... my singing is such shit compared to her. So, I wonder how good I could get at my ripe age if I worked on it.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MarcusAu wrote:
Hmm, Tommy gets out of prison and you start to post again...I suspect something is up...
Shit shows attract flies.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

AH I get it, the death sentence given to Our Boy Tommy was of course intersectional- being freed and being stabbed to death by the vast Muslim gang network that runs all UK prisons is just a matter of how you identify 'death'!

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

DrokkIt wrote: AH I get it, the death sentence given to Our Boy Tommy was of course intersectional- being freed and being stabbed to death by the vast Muslim gang network that runs all UK prisons is just a matter of how you identify 'death'!
Death is a social construct.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

IIRC, 'snowflake' comes from 'precious snowflake', a japanese colloquialism to describe all their generation of pampered, over-coddled single children.

If anyone challenges you on your use of 'snowflake', just remind them of the affluent Yale student who threw a hissy fit over Yale not protecting her from mean halloween costumes.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote:
rayshul wrote: Yeah John your situation isn't sounding so fun. What makes you happy man, what can you that's more of that?
I think I am mostly blowing off steam. My wife is getting up this morning and going to hang out with friends... have lunch...go shopping.

It is important for her to keep moving as much as possible, but she has no desire. I find myself in a frustrating place where I want to push her to be active to improve her health, and avoiding an argument. It just makes me feel sad and frustrated sometimes.

I guess the trick is to tackle the problems in as fine a resolution as possible. She really bugged me yesterday because I wanted to finalize our plans to move our daughter. My wife accused me of planning to far in advance. Well.... I'm and engineer... it is impossible to plan too far in advance. And... we are move my daughter in 10 days. That is not too far in advance in my mind.

Haha - She has been binge watch a show called "The 100". It is a silly sci-fi fantasy with a hacked plot. She has been watching this show since last Thursday. Hell... she stayed up all night Thursday watching the first season. I got up in the morning on Friday to go to work and there she was... sitting on the couch... still watching.

Like I say.... I am just blowing off steam.

Anyway.... I stay busy playing guitar and working on my game designs.... and I know that partly I am in a bad mood because I am not happy with my Atomic Tank game right now. and... as you all can tell.... I lost all my emotional energy for the SJW game.

I feel like I have lost some of my creativity and I am looking for a way to get it back. It would probably help if I stopped watching the news and spent more time thinking about other topics than politics. I have been watching Joni Mitchel videos lately too. Wow. She was super creative. Where do people get this shit from? She is amazing. I am blown away by how well she can blend her chest voice and head voice. Fuck.... my singing is such shit compared to her. So, I wonder how good I could get at my ripe age if I worked on it.

Dude, playing guitar while depressed & unmotivated is the Götterdämmerung of emotional health. STOP NOW!

I am serious: go find someplace like a horse rescue where you can hang out with horses - just groom or feed or something. Or maybe a small animal shelter.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Dude, playing guitar while depressed & unmotivated is the Götterdämmerung of emotional health. STOP NOW!

I am serious: go find someplace like a horse rescue where you can hang out with horses - just groom or feed or something. Or maybe a small animal shelter.
I'd recommend something similar - but I suspect John is already doing it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9mSPFw7BXo

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

I like this post very much.

I mean, for the past couple of months, the narrative has pretty much been that TR is the victim of an establishment conspiracy. And yet today, he gets bailed and actually has a chance to state his case - at the behest of that very same establishment. It's funny, it's almost as if's not really a conspiracy at all, and that what we actually have is a judge who cocked it up a bit, and a legal establishment attempting to correct this mistake. Or something.

I did see two entertaining lefties going full Infowars over TR's bailing today: one tweeted that there must surely be a link to Steve Bannon's recent UK visit, while another found it highly suspicious that TR got bailed the very same day that Corbyn gets involved in yet another antisemitism scandal. Because, you know, tis a very rare thing that Corbyn should be involved in an antisemitism scandal. A very rare thing indeed.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote: I understand some of the visuals in the Leyland Brothers opening sequence are now pointedly problematic.

Wet t-shirts!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

John D

Post by John D »

MarcusAu wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Dude, playing guitar while depressed & unmotivated is the Götterdämmerung of emotional health. STOP NOW!

Here is my mutt.... I have posted his picture a few times already. He is funny as shit and I walk about 1.5 miles a day with him. Unfortunately, my daughter moved out of my house and now we only have the dog for three or four days a week. My wife wants us to get our own dog.... but man.... I don't think I need another dog in my life.

He is an asshole when he gets tired at night. He stands by the bed and wants to go to sleep but doesn't have enough energy to jump on the bed. So... he stands at the bed side and looks at me for a solution. I gently pick him up and he growls at me while I do it. He doesn't like to be touched when he is tired. I suppose he would prefer it if I setup a little doggie ladder so he could climb up to bed. Haha. What a shithead.
IMG_0641.jpg
(85.65 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Remember that smug cunt 'The Secret Barrister' .. Well he's having to swallow some big portions of humble pie right now. :D

Last three paragraphs.

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/08/ ... -all-mean/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:

MUCH better version:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:
I like this post very much.

I mean, for the past couple of months, the narrative has pretty much been that TR is the victim of an establishment conspiracy. And yet today, he gets bailed and actually has a chance to state his case - at the behest of that very same establishment. It's funny, it's almost as if's not really a conspiracy at all, and that what we actually have is a judge who cocked it up a bit, and a legal establishment attempting to correct this mistake. Or something.

I did see two entertaining lefties going full Infowars over TR's bailing today: one tweeted that there must surely be a link to Steve Bannon's recent UK visit, while another found it highly suspicious that TR got bailed the very same day that Corbyn gets involved in yet another antisemitism scandal. Because, you know, tis a very rare thing that Corbyn should be involved in an antisemitism scandal. A very rare thing indeed.
Another interpretation is that TR spent time (how long?) inside inappropriately due to the unseemly haste with which an incompetent judge was pandering to vested interests. Y' pays y' money, and y' takes y' choice...

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

[
MarcusAu wrote:
Hey don't forget the amish and Mennonites...
We don't have the Amish over here, but we do have the Mennonites - curly little stony buggers hiding in rocks on the south coast. You've got to watch out for those.