Really?

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by Really? »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:20 pm
LMAO -- Serena Williams loses her shit (yet again), costs her the championship:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/serena-willi ... 22084.html
Yet another incident fueled by 'roid rage?

There is another angle. Serena took two years off for maternity leave, but many felt it was unfair for her to drop in the rankings, just like any man who has a break in employment.

They should change the rules so that new fathers only need to with two sets of three for the same money.

Really?

Post by Really? »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:33 pm
AndrewV69 wrote: She had a private email server. There is zero valid reason for that.
So did Mike Pence as governor. And his got hacked.
There is zero valid reason for a private email server. Zip. It is a clear signal that the perp is up to no good.
I'm not so sure it wasn't hacked. We just had an anonymous informant leak that a Chinese company was receiving all of her emails in real time.

The FBI said that wasn't so, but they are on record as doing whatever it took to prevent Trump from winning and later to bringing him down.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Paramour are no longer performing 'Misery Business' live because of the problematic lyrics. I found this exchange on Twitter amusing, largely as it promotes the religiosity so prevalent in social justice.
Screenshot_20180909-183355~2.png
(181.23 KiB) Downloaded 275 times

Really?

Post by Really? »

Sulman wrote: Paramour are no longer performing 'Misery Business' live because of the problematic lyrics. I found this exchange on Twitter amusing, largely as it promotes the religiosity so prevalent in social justice.
Screenshot_20180909-183355~2.png
Awesome catch. It is a literal comparison and parallel to religion and they don't realize it.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Really wrote:
The FBI said that wasn't so, but they are on record as doing whatever it took to prevent Trump from winning and later to bringing him down.
Why didn't they leak the fact that they were investigating Trumps campaign ties to Russian hackers that stole Hitlery's emails, yet disclose that they were investigating more of Clinton's emails. With enemies like that, who needs friends?

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Really wrote:
Why didn't they leak the fact that they were investigating Trumps campaign ties to Russian hackers that stole Hitlery's emails, yet disclose that they were investigating more of Clinton's emails. With enemies like that, who needs friends?
Wasn't that the whole big meeting with the Russian Kremlin tied lawyer who, it turned out, was being paid by the law firm the Hillary campaign paid for the KGB parts of the pee pee dossier?

If I didn't know better, I would think everyone in government and the intelligence agencies are corrupt as hell.

free thoughtpolice

Really wrote:
Wasn't that the whole big meeting with the Russian Kremlin tied lawyer who, it turned out, was being paid by the law firm the Hillary campaign paid for the KGB parts of the pee pee dossier?
I believe the fake news accounts of the connections has a slightly different spin.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tr ... mp-n819526

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Really? wrote: I'm not so sure it wasn't hacked. We just had an anonymous informant leak that a Chinese company was receiving all of her emails in real time.

That's Alex Jones level retarded.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Really? wrote: Wasn't that the whole big meeting with the Russian Kremlin tied lawyer who, it turned out, was being paid by the law firm the Hillary campaign paid for the KGB parts of the pee pee dossier?

If I didn't know better, I would think everyone in government and the intelligence agencies are corrupt as hell.
Today's special: two-for-one on retard pizzagate type conspiracies.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Really? wrote: I'm not so sure it wasn't hacked. We just had an anonymous informant leak that a Chinese company was receiving all of her emails in real time.

That's Alex Jones level retarded.
I suppose you're right. I mean, it isn't as though there are any other countries who might want to access the communications of the American Secretary of State.
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:51 pm
Really wrote:
I believe the fake news accounts of the connections has a slightly different spin.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tr ... mp-n819526
I wonder if she was playing both sides or if the Democrats were trying to set Trump up.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Brive1987 wrote:
There is a sub-group here who would like to run my opinion out of town altogether or, failing that, will mischaracterise in order to make it appear unacceptably toxic. These people can get fucked and form no consensus with me for post decision-making. Yes Old Ones that includes you. *waves*
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... 1R0NB1Y7uA

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Seven stabbed in Paris knife attack and it looks like the Swedish Nazis are king makers.

Night all. ;)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Old_ones wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
There is a sub-group here who would like to run my opinion out of town altogether or, failing that, will mischaracterise in order to make it appear unacceptably toxic. These people can get fucked and form no consensus with me for post decision-making. Yes Old Ones that includes you. *waves*
I’m shaking.

But mostly because Vice has published an article virtue signalling an inmate who proudly boosts “my gay prison gang fights neo nazis”

The author’s bio at the end (lying by structure):
Dennis Mintun, 56, is incarcerated at the Idaho State Correctional Institution in Boise, Idaho, where he is serving a 45-year sentence for three counts of sexual abuse of a child under 16.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/nemj ... -neo-nazis

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
I’m shaking.

But mostly because Vice has published an article virtue signalling an inmate who proudly boosts “my gay prison gang fights neo nazis”

Dennis Mintun, 56, is incarcerated at the Idaho State Correctional Institution in Boise, Idaho, where he is serving a 45-year sentence for three counts of sexual abuse of a child under 16.
They're not sending their best, folks.

free thoughtpolice

Really wrote:
I wonder if she was playing both sides or if the Democrats were trying to set Trump up.
Glenn Simpson isn't a democratic operative. He is whore that isn't choosy about his clients. In fact, the dossier to get dirt on Trump had started with a republican hiring Simpson to start "researching" and was later taken over by the DNC. Further, the information that Simpson that Veselnitskaya took to the meeting had nothing to do with the dossier and was in fact dirt on the dems that Simpson dug up while working for the Russian company that Veselnitskaya represented.
The Russians were using Veselnitskaya to set up Trump for possible blackmail or more likely just to through a monkey wrench into the whole election.
Their primary objective was probably just sow distrust of the whole process and helping a more favorable (to them) and divisive to the country was a secondary goal. The fact that they might have helped Trump win was more of a bonus to them.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

And Gene Wilder is dead.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Er. Two years ago...

Really?

Post by Really? »

Glenn Simpson isn't a democratic operative. He is whore that isn't choosy about his clients. In fact, the dossier to get dirt on Trump had started with a republican hiring Simpson to start "researching" and was later taken over by the DNC. Further, the information that Simpson that Veselnitskaya took to the meeting had nothing to do with the dossier and was in fact dirt on the dems that Simpson dug up while working for the Russian company that Veselnitskaya represented.
The Russians were using Veselnitskaya to set up Trump for possible blackmail or more likely just to through a monkey wrench into the whole election.
Their primary objective was probably just sow distrust of the whole process and helping a more favorable (to them) and divisive to the country was a secondary goal. The fact that they might have helped Trump win was more of a bonus to them.
Yes, I am aware that the Kremlin didn't get involved until the Democrats hired a foreign ex-spy to work with the Russians to get dirt on Trump.

When that Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer met with Trump Jr, who was she working for? The Kremlin? The Democrats who were paying her? Or the Republicans who wanted the Hillary dirt that never panned out? I wouldn't be surprised if there were multiple answers.

free thoughtpolice

Really wrote:
The Democrats who were paying her?
Where did you get the info that the democrats ever payed Veselnitskaya? I've never heard anything like that?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Where did you get the info that the democrats ever payed Veselnitskaya? I've never heard anything like that?
The MSM has softpedaled it, of course, but it's been out there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... -it-means/

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Really? wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:00 pm
AndrewV69 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:20 pm
LMAO -- Serena Williams loses her shit (yet again), costs her the championship:

Yet another incident fueled by 'roid rage?

There is another angle. Serena took two years off for maternity leave, but many felt it was unfair for her to drop in the rankings, just like any man who has a break in employment.

They should change the rules so that new fathers only need to with two sets of three for the same money.
Entitled much, Serena? Reminiscent of the bitching about being obliged to play tour events between the slams to maintain rankings. The sport would die without the regular tour events but obviously you can't expect royalty like the Williams sisters to do their bit. I will forever hate Serena's guts after watching her examine her nails while losing early on in some Spanish tournament. She was obviously there to pick up some appearance money and a bit of shopping and beach lazing. Fuck all respect for the fans or event organisers.

free thoughtpolice

Really? wrote:

Where does it say the dems paid Veselnitskaya? I don't see it.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Really? wrote:

Quote from article:
Separately, the firm that the Clinton camp and the DNC paid also has alleged ties to the Kremlin. In Senate testimony in July, Hermitage Capital Management chief executive William Browder accused Fusion GPS and its head, Glenn Simpson, of running a smear campaign against Sergei Magnitsky, a Russian whistleblower who in 2009 was tortured and killed in a Russian prison after uncovering a $230 million tax theft. Magnitsky worked for Browder, and his name was used for a U.S. law containing sanctions that was passed by Congress and is a sore spot between the U.S. government and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Browder said the smear campaign was run by Fusion GPS with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya and Russian-American lobbyist Rinat Akhmetshin. You might remember them from the meeting with Donald Trump Jr. that took place in June 2016. Veselnitskaya was the Russian lawyer with alleged Kremlin ties who arranged the meeting.

free thoughtpolice

Really? wrote:
Really? wrote:

Quote from article:
Separately, the firm that the Clinton camp and the DNC paid also has alleged ties to the Kremlin. In Senate testimony in July, Hermitage Capital Management chief executive William Browder accused Fusion GPS and its head, Glenn Simpson, of running a smear campaign against Sergei Magnitsky, a Russian whistleblower who in 2009 was tortured and killed in a Russian prison after uncovering a $230 million tax theft. Magnitsky worked for Browder, and his name was used for a U.S. law containing sanctions that was passed by Congress and is a sore spot between the U.S. government and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Browder said the smear campaign was run by Fusion GPS with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya and Russian-American lobbyist Rinat Akhmetshin. You might remember them from the meeting with Donald Trump Jr. that took place in June 2016. Veselnitskaya was the Russian lawyer with alleged Kremlin ties who arranged the meeting.
That doesn't say that the dems paid Veselnitskaya. It says that Simpson worked on behalf of the Russians in a case. Totally different.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:25 pm
Really wrote:
Because they didn't want to be accused of being biased after Cinton's inevitable win. I thought that was common knowledge.Clinton was being investigated for a known wrongful act which was not true of the Trump investigation. It would be scandalous if the FBI went public about investigating a presidential candidate without establishing that he had done anything wrong.

free thoughtpolice

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Really wrote:
Because they didn't want to be accused of being biased after Cinton's inevitable win. I thought that was common knowledge.Clinton was being investigated for a known wrongful act which was not true of the Trump investigation. It would be scandalous if the FBI went public about investigating a presidential candidate without establishing that he had done anything wrong.
They did and it was. before the warrant was sealed, Comey announced that they were investigating Clinton again because they had seen her name come up on emails sent by Anthony Weiner. It turned out there was a false alarm. There was nothing even remotely illegal linked to Clinton. They had announced she was under investigation before even reading the emails.
They did that because they were on Clinton's side? There was no wrongful act by Clinton in those emails. None.
Also, the FBI discovered by a drunken Trump campaign advisor blabbing to an Australian diplomat that Russian government connected sources was hawking dirt to the campaign, well before the FBI got the dossier btw. That and Manafort, Gates , and Carter Page's shifty contacts with Russian spies was already documented would make it scandalous if they didn't investigate them. They have already convicted or got guilty pleas from them.
Shouldn't be much of a scandal there.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Really? wrote:
Really? wrote:

Quote from article:

That doesn't say that the dems paid Veselnitskaya. It says that Simpson worked on behalf of the Russians in a case. Totally different.
V worked with Fusion GPS...then got Don Jr. to take that ill-fated meeting.

Three flanged:

It was a pretty big deal that hundreds of thousands of Hillary's emails were ported to the same laptop that housed Weiner's files and chats shared with at least one minor. I can't think of a better blackmail honeypot than the laptop that holds all of a Secretary of State's emails used by SecState's right hand woman also used by a prominent Dem messaging fifteen year olds about how first period bio went. (Mrs. Grossbaum is such a bitch with the pop quizzes omg.)

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Brive1987 wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
I’m shaking.

Sounds like vice being vice.

free thoughtpolice

Fusion GPS supplied research to the Russian company that was going after Bill Browder that also had V working for them. It doesn't mean that Simpson had actually even met. Just that they had done work for the same company. Your earlier claim that Veselnitskaya was working for the dems.
There is zero evidence that it happened. It sounds to me like you have been listening to conspiracy types that have been feeding you bullshit via a phony type of 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon type of script.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Possible feminist “no-man” solution

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote: Possible feminist “no-man” solution

They mean it can fix nitrogen from the air like legumes, not pollinate themselves. Don't worry, gay corn is going to take over the world. :lol:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

This story from the Guardian is very interesting.

https://i.imgur.com/0LoI6l2.png

The police are "screening out" large numbers of crimes soon after they are reported, as they have little chance of ever being solved which would make the police look bad on a a yearly review.

https://i.imgur.com/VMbwwTu.png

But in case you're worried, please don't be. The Met stress that all the important crimes will continue to be investigated and prosecuted as vigorously as ever:

https://i.imgur.com/dIleSlV.png

Phew! It's fine to drop sexual assault cases, but I was worried for a moment that they weren't going to take hate crime as seriously as murder and kidnap.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -last-year

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Sometimes I think Titania McGrath is real and running the world.

Really?

Post by Really? »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Really wrote:
They did and it was. before the warrant was sealed, Comey announced that they were investigating Clinton again because they had seen her name come up on emails sent by Anthony Weiner. It turned out there was a false alarm. There was nothing even remotely illegal linked to Clinton. They had announced she was under investigation before even reading the emails.
They did that because they were on Clinton's side? There was no wrongful act by Clinton in those emails. None.
Also, the FBI discovered by a drunken Trump campaign advisor blabbing to an Australian diplomat that Russian government connected sources was hawking dirt to the campaign, well before the FBI got the dossier btw. That and Manafort, Gates , and Carter Page's shifty contacts with Russian spies was already documented would make it scandalous if they didn't investigate them. They have already convicted or got guilty pleas from them.
Shouldn't be much of a scandal there.
Part of this is fake news. The MSM pretends there were no classified information emails and Obama even lied, saying that he had no idea she was running the State Department out of her basement, guarded by an idiot.

I'm sure all of the Trump info is true, but we are ignoring the rest because we wanted Mrs. Super predator to win.

And it's fair news that they came up again because of emails Anthony Weiner sent. Strzok sat on the pedophole's laptop because Huma had used it, backing up tons of the sensitive emails onto his cheese pizza computer.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Fusion GPS supplied research to the Russian company that was going after Bill Browder that also had V working for them. It doesn't mean that Simpson had actually even met. Just that they had done work for the same company. Your earlier claim that Veselnitskaya was working for the dems.
There is zero evidence that it happened. It sounds to me like you have been listening to conspiracy types that have been feeding you bullshit via a phony type of 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon type of script.
I suppose you're right. Richard Carrier's blog was never, ever related to any of the others on FTB in any way..

Ever ......

free thoughtpolice

free thoughtpolice

But you'll never hear it from the MSM. :o

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote: But you'll never hear it from the MSM. :o
Ew. The sexist racist MRA skeptic bro media is trying to spread the lie that the sexist harasser Richard Carrier was once on Freethought Blogs, which is a bastion for all freethought that isn't sexist according to a uni Prof who shuts down accusers before they can testify.

Guest_4d6bb433

Post by Guest_4d6bb433 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: She had a private email server. There is zero valid reason for that.
https://www.factcheck.org/2017/07/hoyer ... es-emails/
By Eugene Kiely

Posted on July 26, 2017

Rep. Steny Hoyer wrongly claimed that Vice President Mike Pence “used a private server when he was governor of Indiana.” Pence did use a personal AOL account for some government business, but he did not have a “private server.”

CNN’s Chris Cuomo asked Hoyer about the president’s criticism of his own attorney general. Hoyer dismissed it as a distraction. But in doing so, he got the facts wrong.

Hoyer, July 25: Well, you know, there’s no smoke there, frankly, and this business about the use of the private server. Pence used a private server when he was governor of Indiana. I just think, frankly, all of that is distractions.

As the Indianapolis Star revealed in March, Pence “routinely” used a personal AOL account to conduct government business. The paper obtained nearly 30 such emails through a public records request, and an official with the vice president’s office told the paper that those were a small fraction of state-business messages associated with the AOL account.

But, contrary to Hoyer’s statement, Pence did not have a private server, nor did he use his personal email account exclusively for government business, as Clinton did. Pence also used a state government account.

There are other significant differences between the email practices of the two public officials.

The state of Indiana does not prohibit the use of personal email for government business as long as the emails are preserved, and the former governor took steps before he left office to preserve them, the Star story said. “Pence’s office said his campaign hired outside counsel as he was departing as governor to review his AOL emails and transfer any involving public business to the state,” the paper wrote.

In Clinton’s case, the State Department’s inspector general said the department has had policies dating to 2005 that require “normal day-to-day operations” to be conducted on government servers. While occasional use of personal email for State business is permitted, Clinton should have turned over all work-related emails before she left office and did not until 21 months later.

Also, the IG said department policies adopted in 2007 required that non-department servers used to “process or store department information” meet the same security controls as the department’s systems and be registered with the department. Clinton did not adhere to either policy, according to an IG report issued May 26, 2016. (For more, see our story “IG Report on Clinton’s Emails.”)

Hoyer is entitled to his opinion about Trump’s tweet, but in defending Clinton, he gets the facts wrong about Pence’s use of personal email for government business.
Using a private email account is wrong, and many pols have done that, and it can lead to huge problems, but it is in no way similar to using a private email server kept in a bathroom maintained by a a bunch of idiot IT consultants to communicate state department business on.

What Hillary did is in no manner justifiable and was so obviously a bad idea and dangerous if not outright illegal and corrupt it should have killed her candidacy dead just by itself. There is no way to believe that any other citizen less connected to power than Hillary would not be facing criminal charges for that private server.

If you stumble across anyone IRL who says "but her emails", mark them down as either being too ignorant on easily researchable material to trust any of their views or someone so partisan as to make their views de facto not trustworthy.

The FBI team and the FBI administration that exonerated Clinton really and truly deserves a congressional investigation and a federal prosecutor to go after them for either incompetency or corruption. But it's corruption.

This doesn't make Trump a good idea, but don't for a moment believe Comey and his gang are heroes, or innocent, or were working on behalf of America. They were a corrupt gang of thieves and some are still there.

The top 20% of the three letter agencies should be purged.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote: Possible feminist “no-man” solution

They mean it can fix nitrogen from the air like legumes, not pollinate themselves. Don't worry, gay corn is going to take over the world. :lol:
Ah. Fertiliser. Not “fertilise-her”

Disappointed, but I got it.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:27 am
It seems that we planted a whitecurrant bush (never heard of whitecurrants? Bet you heard of blackcurrants and maybe redcurrants - these are just an unpigmented variant) in the garden of the house where our son lived for his undergrad degree. A stopover yesterday allowed a harvest from the bush and today I laboriously separated fruit from stems and made some shortcrust pastry:

whitecurrantpie.jpg

And tonight it will be our dessert, along with some custard. Thus we preserve our culture, by making and baking the pies that muslims know not. I'm happy to share if it aids assimilation. This was only half the pastry I made today; the rest remains in the fridge for a smoked salmon and potato pie tomorrow. That one is a vegetarian-acceptable version of the corned beef pie my mother learned to make during rationing, illustrating both the descent and the evolution of culture from generation to generation. I do enjoy my position as a pastry-master! (Though the damn stuff is fattening and a reliable cause of nocturnal reflux for those not under the spell of a proton pump inhibitor. :( )

Now I must run off and make a cheese roux to go on a steamed cauliflower, accompanied with french beans (visible top right in the photo) and roasted tomatoes. All from the garden, which is doing very well this year.
Take it to the ethnostate thread, dammit.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

If you taught me the recipe would I be family?

:think:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well, after much talking about it (including here) and planning - I'm finally off to Iceland for a short holiday.

Hopefully will see the Northern Lights (cf Local Hero), glaciers, Viking history and more things of that nature.

Will catch up here on my return.

All the best to everyone...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Don't miss the penis museum and the human-skin leggings.

Enjoy!

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: LMAO -- Serena Williams loses her shit (yet again), costs her the championship:

She seems to be especially emotionally fragile at the U.S. Open. I wonder if she has lingering, and perhaps subconscious, anger about the 2004 Open, when a series of close and not-so-close line calls went against her and she lost a match to Jennifer Capriati. She handled it with grace at the time, saving her anger for after the match. Since then, she just allows her anger to dangerously escalate when things aren't going her way at the tournament. At the 2009 Open she defaulted championship point, and was lucky to avoid a multi-month suspension, for her threatening outburst to a lineswoman. In the meantime, she seems to have fully bought in to the Saint Serena media coverage that has been common this year and she can't tolerate even minor rulings against her. While the umpire is receiving some criticism for having a quick trigger on the third code violation that cost her a game, he was totally professional in giving her room to vent, and only issued the violation when she kept on escalating. She knew what would happen on the next code violation, but acted as if her status would protect her. Although I'm sure she'll continue to receive fawning sports media coverage, she seems destined to go down as not only the greatest female tennis player of all time, but also one of the poorest sports.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Report 'Non-Crime' :naughty:

(Guard that 1st amendment with all your might America)

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
There is zero valid reason for a private email server. Zip. It is a clear signal that the perp is up to no good.
I think she was worried - and for good reason -- that obama would scour her emails for Kompromat.
More likely she was worried -and also for good reason- that the sausage making that is an inevitable part of the diplomatic process would be used against her when she ran for president after Obama. In any case, if she was using the private server to shield her Dept. of State e-mails from archiving, that would be a violation of the law completely independent of mishandling classified information.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote: Well, after much talking about it (including here) and planning - I'm finally off to Iceland for a short holiday.

Hopefully will see the Northern Lights (cf Local Hero), glaciers, Viking history and more things of that nature.

Will catch up here on my return.

All the best to everyone...
Have a wild time. Which might be optimistic .....

In Bokeh, the world ended and it took several days for the last two humans (in Iceland) to figure that out....
Scenery looks spectacular though.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

A gentleman would give her his coat. :think:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Just saw something on twitter I’ll never unsee. :shock:

Suffice to say. Cameroon is a shit hole.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

shoutinghorse wrote: Report 'Non-Crime' :naughty:

(Guard that 1st amendment with all your might America)

Solution:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

:lol: I do not approve.

Humorous content only. Serious discourse unintended and unwanted.

https://ageofshitlords.com/wp-content/u ... -Obama.jpg

https://ageofshitlords.com/wp-content/u ... oa-mlk.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ does tennis.
I don’t tennis, and I don’t watch the game on TV, so I’m always being surprised by new facts. For instance, women’s singles tennis is actually a game between two women and a man sitting in a high chair, who is an asshole.

Chair umpire Carlos Ramos managed to rob not one but two players in the women’s U.S. Open final. Nobody has ever seen anything like it: An umpire so wrecked a big occasion that both players, Naomi Osaka and Serena Williams alike, wound up distraught with tears streaming down their faces during the trophy presentation and an incensed crowd screamed boos at the court. Ramos took what began as a minor infraction and turned it into one of the nastiest and most emotional controversies in the history of tennis, all because he couldn’t take a woman speaking sharply to him.
I guess this means Carlos Ramos won the US Open. Does he get a trophy? At least, do some sports journalists meet him in the locker room to stick a microphone in his face and ask him what was going through his mind during his big win?

I don’t understand sports, but I think I understand masculine arrogance.
Must be tiring being so woke.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Wato has podium pledge problems again.

Though Bigfoot on her left seems to be missing essential genitalia.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

More PZ tiring woke essentials:
Fish. He’s been named as the president of American Atheists, succeeding David Silverman. He’s a good, safe choice, having been involved in AA’s affairs for years, and he’s always come across as one of the good guys in my conversations with him — keeping in mind that we’re both white men, and we have the remarkable ability to see each other in the best possible light. In terms of experience alone he was probably the best candidates, although I do wish the committee that appointed him had put a higher priority on diversity.

I thought this comment on the announcement was a good one, though.

I thought this was a perfect opportunity for American Atheists to appoint a woman and / or minority as president. I just can’t get excited about another white dude.

Yeah. I have nothing against Nick, but at a time when atheists need to find common cause with other social justice movements to remain relevant, he’s got an uphill climb in front of him. He will have to work twice as hard to overcome the stereotype that a white dude is going to be privileged and blind to the major conflicts in his movement.
It’s a tough gig being an atheist with all that racism around.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987 wrote: Just saw something on twitter I’ll never unsee. :shock:

Suffice to say. Cameroon is a shit hole.
I saw that yesterday, two women with toddlers right? From what I could garner from the comments their crime was that they were English speaking South Cameroonians. The whole of Africa is a shit show.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Really? wrote: The Democrats who were paying her?

In 2015, she represented another Popov indicted by a NY District Attorney for tax evasion. Per the ruling, she was allowed to have her expenses reimbursed .

In MAGA Loony Land, that counts as getting paid by the Dems.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Brive1987 wrote: More PZ tiring woke essentials:
Fish. He’s been named as the president of American Atheists, succeeding David Silverman. He’s a good, safe choice, having been involved in AA’s affairs for years, and he’s always come across as one of the good guys in my conversations with him — keeping in mind that we’re both white men, and we have the remarkable ability to see each other in the best possible light. In terms of experience alone he was probably the best candidates, although I do wish the committee that appointed him had put a higher priority on diversity.

I thought this comment on the announcement was a good one, though.

I thought this was a perfect opportunity for American Atheists to appoint a woman and / or minority as president. I just can’t get excited about another white dude.

Yeah. I have nothing against Nick, but at a time when atheists need to find common cause with other social justice movements to remain relevant, he’s got an uphill climb in front of him. He will have to work twice as hard to overcome the stereotype that a white dude is going to be privileged and blind to the major conflicts in his movement.
It’s a tough gig being an atheist with all that racism around.
Peez can't resist trying to riff on woke-sounding words and phrases in the manner of a jazz musician - trying to mix and match the buzzwords with the ideas and to cross-pollenate in order to come up with something to impress his audience. Problem is, he never thinks it through, or reads it through properly and he's simply satisfied if it appears to strike the correct emotional tone. He's so clumsy he usually ends up with something that makes the whole project look bad.

Not one but two examples above - first of all he manages to imply that only white men have the social skill to approach interactions positively - and that only white men are free from unconscious bias against that group. And secondly he implies that it's white men who have to 'work twice as hard' in order to overcome 'stereotyping' in certain situations - therefore throwing the sacred dogma of universal white male privilege under the bus.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: LMAO -- Serena Williams loses her shit (yet again), costs her the championship:

She seems to be especially emotionally fragile at the U.S. Open. I wonder if she has lingering, and perhaps subconscious, anger about the 2004 Open, when a series of close and not-so-close line calls went against her and she lost a match to Jennifer Capriati. She handled it with grace at the time, saving her anger for after the match. Since then, she just allows her anger to dangerously escalate when things aren't going her way at the tournament. At the 2009 Open she defaulted championship point, and was lucky to avoid a multi-month suspension, for her threatening outburst to a lineswoman. In the meantime, she seems to have fully bought in to the Saint Serena media coverage that has been common this year and she can't tolerate even minor rulings against her. While the umpire is receiving some criticism for having a quick trigger on the third code violation that cost her a game, he was totally professional in giving her room to vent, and only issued the violation when she kept on escalating. She knew what would happen on the next code violation, but acted as if her status would protect her. Although I'm sure she'll continue to receive fawning sports media coverage, she seems destined to go down as not only the greatest female tennis player of all time, but also one of the poorest sports.
Tennis has a long history of petulant, abrasive, anti-social pricks, and it mostly tolerates their rants and outbursts. The intensity of the sport, the individual vs. team aspect, and the near slavery young prospects endure as children and youth (Steffi Graf was not allowed to play with toys as a child, only hit tennis balls), surely is a major factor in the prevalence of mental stability among tennis stars. (Lots of depression & anxiety; Rafa has OCD; etc.)

Serena Williams is psychotic, and in another life, she'd probably be physically violent and probably in & out of jail. Her record of bad behavior on the court is so long and pervasive, I don't see it attributable to one traumatic loss 14 years ago.

I'm glad the ref called her for these clear violations, and tennis would benefit by consistently punishing such tirades. It was atrocious how the head of the US open made the award ceremonies about their "Goddess" and not the player who actually won -- even opening by stating it was "not the outcome we wished for". And now, the regressive leftists are rabidly defending the poor oppressed black woman, Serena, from any criticism. Insane.