Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Old subthreads
John D

Re: Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Post by John D »

19) A more conservative SCOTUS

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Ape+lust wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:09 pm

So... what do I need to know to keep from getting kicked off Twitter? Twitter requires a live account just to look at tweets now, so I'd really like to not lose it.
Keep an account that you never say anything on but that you use to follow all the right people.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ape+lust wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:59 pm
AndrewV69 wrote: Last time I checked you do not need an account to look at tweets as long as you have a url.
Around a year ago, Twitter suddenly locked me out of all but the root levels of every account. When I tried to access the "With Replies" or "Media" sublevels, I was advised to sign up.

https://imgur.com/LLT4Nby.png
AndrewV69 wrote: As for getting banned/suspended ... well expect it to happen at any time.
Rats. I was afraid of that. They're cranking hard (as are YouTube, Facebook, and Reddit) at banishing people who aren't interested in living in an SJW hugbox. If I get banned and get caught sneaking back in, they'll IP ban me, which would be really annoying. There are a dozen or so accounts I like to read, and not just the context-less tweets that show on the top level.
Create additional accounts now. I made one a few years back. If you get banned you can switch to one of them. You are "evading" the ban if you try to create an account after you get banned.

My alt account is completely unrelated to my current one. Different email and so on..

As for blocking ... everyone who blocks me gets blocked in return. For example, Ally Fogg who I have been following for years and who I had in the past interacted with on occasion, blocked me after I called him out for trying to help organise a mass flagging. I blocked him after he did that.

The reason is because I suspect it may fuck with some of the Twatter mechanics.. For example, an algorithm may check to see how many people who have blocked you and how many you have blocked yourself. Then if the "value" of the resulting ratio falls within a value range then suspension/ban on the grounds the account is a troll.

The first thing I did when the block list became a thing, was to block Twatson, Dilly "facts do not matter" and a bunch of other wastes of space. I also blocked some other accounts associated with administering the Block Bot and coordinating "We Block Together".

I may have blocked a few randos as well who were completely inoffensive, in addition to some of the more simple minded nutters like Melby and Oolon so that I could not see their tweets and be tempted to respond.

Originally I was thinking it might help to mitigate getting suspended because "we block together" could have the effect of triggering a "mass flag" and an auto suspend/ban. Speculation on my part but some people appeared to have contacts withing Twatter and appeared to have had some "guidance" in organising things along these lines. But who knows?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:41 am
Leaving aside "triggering libs", which policies or choices of the Trump administration have had any positive effects on the United States (or even for Australia), in your opinion?

North Korea. I keep hearing that they are tricking ol Trump, but if so they are tricking South Korea too.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

MarcusAu wrote: I think it's just you...imbedded tweets on this page are displaying for me (using Firefox).
Ok. Probably a Chrome extension - they show up in an incognito tab. I tried disabling my ad blockers but that didn't seem to help.
Though I'm not running any extensions on my Android tablet and I had the same problem this morning as well as on Win 10 on PC where I am now.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote: Keep an account that you never say anything on but that you use to follow all the right people.
And another to follow all the left people.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I used to be involved in news admin (Usenet ... post "the September that never ended" and pre the spam tsunami that destroyed the non protected news groups like alt.sex.*)

So I got pretty accustomed to "interesting" newgroup descriptions and the sort of speech you encountered which was you could say literally anything. What was not OK was abuse of the system mechanics.

Did not matter what your political, social position etc was. If you wanted in, and needed help you were going to get it. That was when being liberal was really a thing, and all you had to do was show up, RTFM and no one would get excluded for being a christian or gay or whatever.

Wild, wild west so as to speak. Gone forever now. RIP. :violin: :violin: :violin:

John D

Post by John D »

I almost can't believe this is a TEDx talk. Low quality and few hits... but still... it is somehow encouraging.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

AndrewV69 wrote: I used to be involved in news admin (Usenet ... post "the September that never ended"...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC5fqzKxau8

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: I think it's just you...imbedded tweets on this page are displaying for me (using Firefox).
Ok. Probably a Chrome extension - they show up in an incognito tab. I tried disabling my ad blockers but that didn't seem to help.
Though I'm not running any extensions on my Android tablet and I had the same problem this morning as well as on Win 10 on PC where I am now.
@Marcus,

Install and try it with a different browser like Opera, Vivaldi with zero extensions (Not Edge or Internet Explorer). You should have at least one more browser installed anyway.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Except don't do Opera. That's owned by those dirty Chinamen now!

Try the brave browser.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

John D wrote: I almost can't believe this is a TEDx talk. Low quality and few hits... but still... it is somehow encouraging.
I thought of something while watching this: turning victim-hood into a competition means that the most competitive group wins. Which is men on average.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Oh and BTW :

For the embedded Twatter challenged :
Replying to @jordan_hunt18
you just joined in september 2018 and you are using a stock photo of jordan from the internet? i smell a TROLL ACCOUNT!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Oh ya .. link below :

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Oh FFs ... I am going to grab some sleep. First lets try that again ...

https://twitter.com/ChryheliaDigest/sta ... 4773781504

Actually, you could just hit reply to and copy/paste the revealed URL. Whatever. Gnight.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

AndrewV69 wrote: Oh ya .. link below :

Thanks , that Tweets showing up - It seems mostly to be some (but not all) on the other page eg Watson cartton tweet and replies and a few others.
Weird.

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Oh ya .. link below :

Thanks , that Tweets showing up - It seems mostly to be some (but not all) on the other page eg Watson cartton tweet and replies and a few others.
Weird.
It was happening to me too. Turns out my Ghostery add on had turned it self back on for the Pit. Once I turned it back off it worked.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Is it just me? Embedded tweets arent showing on the forum.
This can happen if the tweet was deleted after it was posted here but it's happening with all tweets.

I'm getting this on both my PC and tablet
#Metoo (Chrome windows 10)

MWSnap004 2018-10-04, 12_31_37.jpg

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:19 am
Same here.

CaptainFluffyBunny

MarcusAu wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:55 am
Kirbmarc wrote: Leaving aside "triggering libs", which policies or choices of the Trump administration have had any positive effects on the United States (or even for Australia), in your opinion?
Many see the road blocks that Betsey DeVos put in place with regards to the Prime Directive (or whatever it's Titled) as a net positive.
And guns in schools, armed fuckin' teachers! Woot! That'll improve discipline. Who needs a time out when you can use a .38 Hydra Shok. You can bet that will show the little bastards. And bear attacks on schools will be a thing of the past. Yep, I can't see a downside. :whistle:

free thoughtpolice

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTH7JGzXlg0

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

John D wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:43 am
Kirbmarc wrote: Leaving aside "triggering libs", which policies or choices of the Trump administration have had any positive effects on the United States (or even for Australia), in your opinion?
1) DeVos making Title IV less of a witch hunt (especially against men being accused)
2) Department of justice ending the attack on local police calling them all racists and putting in excessive oversight (and in general support for cops)
3) Reduction of the power of the EPA and reduction in environmental regulation
4) Reversal of the giant Federal land grab in the West
5) Putting Iran on notice and still taking action to defeat them
6) Moving the embassy in Israel to Jerusalem (and support for Israel in general)
7) Publicly mocking the obvious lies of Dr. Ford
8) Breaking up multilateral trade agreements and increasing our national trade negotiating power
9) Attacking China on the trade front
10) Pissing on the head of that little faggot Trudeau
11) Collection of more money for NATO from other countries
12) Putting other countries like Japan and Korea on notice that they need to at least start thinking about their own defense
13) Pulling out of the stupid Paris Accord
14) Pulling out of the hypocritical UN Human Rights Council (Nikki for President!)
15) Aggressive economic growth
16) Extremely low unemployment
17) Tax cuts
18) Return of the Korean war dead

There are some negatives, especially the growing debt and excessive military spending.

But.... if Trump where to run tomorrow I would put a MAGA sign on my front yard.
I'd agree with some of that and take strong exception to 3 and 13. Trump is an ignorant dimwit when it comes to the environment. He once ridiculed the idea of his aerosol CFCs entering the upper atmosphere because he used them in his bathroom FFS, and I don't think he was trolling. There are worrying signs that the anti AGW brigade are winning the PR war and Trump 'aint helping. The same debunked talking points are being endlessly recycled and I fear that the lunacy on the Left has tainted the climate science community by erroneous association.

For all of the things Trump gets right, he can say some astoundingly stupid, arrogant and self important shit. One of Trump's biggest pluses is the fact that he is not one of the ruling elite. He is filthy rich, almost certainly dirty and self-interested, but not of the establishment. Old money treats him like shoe gum, which is perhaps one of the reasons he wanted to be Prez. He is cleaning house to a certain extent, or at least putting a bug up the establishment's backside. I'm glad he is holding firm on Kavanaugh because what the Dems are doing there is shocking. They couldn't get Kav on his professional career so they are trying to assassinate his character. The Democrats have created a public spectacle out of an allegation which usual protocol sees handled through private hearings and FBI investigation , knowing full well that the target they've painted on his back would bring smears from MeTooers. They've used his anger at their behaviour to drag his name through the mud, using stills of him at his worst moments to make him look bad. They are trying to imply that he is not fit for office by spinning his behaviour in defending himself outside of the courtroom when he has an exemplary professional record and the praise of people who've worked with him. The fact is that he has been background checked 6 times by the FBi and this current accusation is very dubious. The Democrats are simply trying to hound him with SJW mob tactics. He has not actually been shown to have lied under oath. The media have changed the context of his statements under oath to make it look as if he is lying.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

On a slightly differently note (but not really)....

...What does everyone thing of the 'Great Men of History' theory? And is it 'As Above, So Below' with the head of state as a totem for the country as a whole?

I'm sceptical (perhaps misguidedly so) that the presidential stylings of the Donald (or whoever is in charge) mean all that much...what with separation of powers and all that. And I'm sure that if pressed people could come up with examples of worse presidents...

CaptainFluffyBunny

No comment.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I can think of a couple of comments...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote: I can think of a couple of comments...
There was something I was going to say about something...but I forget what it was...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Remember that the "media" usually gets stuff wrong in many interesting ways. They lie by omission, by commission, reverse cause and effect. Whatever way it is possible to fuck up the facts they do it.

Arguably they do this with every single story they write. Just read any story about any subject that you are a subject matter expert in. And then you go on to read a story about which you know nothing and just nod your fucking ignorant dumb ass head.

Link to the article : The Big Hack: How China Used a Tiny Chip to Infiltrate U.S. Companies

Yes I believe there is something there. But I doubt they got all the facts strait.

Also this. Anyone else remember this?

Fucking stupid mofos.

IBM went "global" awhile back. "Resource actioned" (laid off) a whole bunch of Canukistan/USA jobs and replaced them with cheaper labour from India but not before they sold their Laptop business (Thinkpad) to Lenovo (huge Chinese firm into laptops, desktops, smartphones, Data Center etc. etc.

Anyway I am going to stop here before this turns into a full scale rant about stupid MoFos ( and I do not mean Elise, but to be fair she may as well have been making the decisions because the results were guaranteed to be the same) about exporting facilities and associated jobs strictly because it is a low cost option and fucking your country in the fucking ass without fucking lube or even a kiss first.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

And just to make it clear I never worked for IBM despite being offered a couple of times because I despised their culture.

Fucking dumb ass managers made their staff rewrite an entire fucking system rather than let their people talk to me about a security hole that allowed me to escalate privileges into a full blown PROFSS with utilities including VM ISPF, Rexx etc. etc. and never mind I escaped the attention of RACF.

Why? Because they had a VP who claimed that IBM had never been hacked and there was no way anyone was going to contradict him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

OK, I am going to stop now before I really start ranting.

Sometimes the stupidity is so painfully obvious ...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://i.imgur.com/SB4gzvK.png

For the last few days, I've been working in an office, right on the corner of of Broadway & Houston-- the center of the universe-- the 'zero' street of Manhattan's grid of numbered streets. I've been surrounded by desk-bound normy-girls and soyboys, none who bothered to introduce themselves to me.
They click-away on their laptops-- on shopping-sites or social media, as often as work-related stuff. I'm part of a rotating-crew of more menial workers-- perhaps paid better than the office drones, tho. My crew has been folding-into-shape and taping-together, slots-into-tabs-style, thousands of little cardboard boxes, paper clamshells of the sort which usually contain the more-expensive burgers at a fast food chain.

These boxes are then each filled with a donut. I estimate the printing of the cardboard box to be about a buck, my labor to assemble each box to be about a buck, EIGHT BUCKS per donut to the caterer... then the rental of the airstream trailer and the 'brand ambassadors' (unemployed actors) and all the marketing-personnel and city permits and and and. All this so the NBC-owned E! entertainment network can promote it's People's Choice Awards by giving away donuts to passersby in-exchange for voting for Best Late-Night Talk Show, Best Sci-Fi or Fantasy show, Best Action Movie, etc. The donuts are covered in edible gold glitter, which people are afraid to eat, and M&Ms with the names of talkshow host nominees, and movie-popcorn. The actual donut dough tastes expensive, with a cornbready texture.

People seem relieved to learn that *they* are indeed the 'People' who choose the People's Choice awards, probably having-asked-themselves, years-ago,the last time the bothered to think about the People's Choice Awards; "Who are the 'people' making these 'People's' Choices?!" The voters are charmingly-concerned with their elgibility to vote: 'We aren't from New York, is that ok? We aren't from the US" and "Can I still have a donut if I work for Jimmy Fallon?"

In NYC, the donut airstream was parked alongside that spot where tourists watch Good Morning America, and down-by Zuccotti Park (of Occupy Wall Street infamy), and-- today-- outside the New York Comicon, next to a Rick&Morty promo-truck.

(I don't know who that chick is. Wasn't she behind Kavanaugh at the hearing?)
https://i.imgur.com/DKQuo1J.jpg

All of this is to say...

...that, while my hands made donut containers, my ears discovered many episodes of a podcast called Excursions In Libertarian Thought, which gets my highest recommendation.

https://www.libertarianism.org/podcasts/excursions

Start at the beginning. It brings history to life, like the better (older) episodes of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. But in 12-minute chunks.
I was fascinated by what savage buttheads the colonial-american founding fathers were: Smugglers, printers of fake-news against the really-quite-reasonable british, trading-with-the-enemy while France warred with England. In practical day-to-day quality-of-life terms, their only legitimate complaint was the possibility that the East India Company might eventually treat the American colonies as poorly as British colonies in India & China, or the Caribbean. Nice to know that the Americans 'identified'-as the same as all those oppressed brown & yellow & red people... not identifying-with their Mighty Whitey Overlords. The founding-fathers were Rachel Dolezals!

After the rousing colonial history bits hooked me in, I was next dazzled by the podcast's treatment of various stuffy old british philosophers and eccentric genius cranks. Such as John Herbert Locke, David Herbert Hume, Herbert Spencer, Adam (H.) Smith, Thomas "Herbie" Hodgskin, etc.

Due to the circumstances of my listening, and the availability of cold-brew nitro coffee & Cointreau in the office kitchen, the smart guys kinda blur-together, jumbled with late-night talkshow hosts Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, and the british one: James "Sir Jimmy-Herbert" Corden.

But the ur-conglomeration of the old guys quoted in the podcast, has impressed-on me a great sense of how cantankerous they all were. Such as one of them opposing the vote for women-- on the basis that the male voters were already excercising undue power by voting-for wars and taxes and natural-law-violating governments...
...and-so expanding the atrocity of governance from kings-- to men in general-- and then to women-- was only compounding an intolerable injustice against all that is right and good.

I love it.

Start at the beginning & enjoy. The main hosting link to Libertarian.org, which I provided above, makes it kinda hard to get to the first episode in chronological order. Maybe iTunes is better. I use Stitcher, which also makes the oldest episode hardest to find... but autoplays in the correct order, once I found the starting-point:

Lastly, I'll note that the economic theories discussed in the podcast careened-off the harsh Marxist reality of me & the 3 other people I supervised folding those boxes. The asian guy was really fast & efficient... but I did nothing to reward him more than the untidy, slow millenial who watched movies on his phone while he folded, or the chick who arrived late each day. Each according to his abilities, each according to the needs of my slovenly management style.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I think I'm going mental - so am posting this here to sanity check myself...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Side_of_the_Rainbow

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

MarcusAu wrote: I think I'm going mental - so am posting this here to sanity check myself...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Side_of_the_Rainbow

It is not you. The whole world is insane. Been like that forever. Why are you just noticing?

Or possibly a pun? Only you know for sure.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Our boy Jordan Hunt has a track record?

*trigger warning* Link is to a pro-life site. Do not go soyboy male feminist and MMA on the nearest female to you OK?

Video: Man who attacked pro-life woman assaulted another pro-life woman
Jordan Hunt was the attacker. It turns out that his assault earlier this week is not the first time he has attacked a pro-life female for expressing her views in public.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Rev. PZ has really worked up his high moral dudgeon this time, fulminating against the prurient excesses of youth:

https://web.archive.org/web/20181005002 ... room-talk/
And then I remembered my unpleasant years of having to go through a boys’ locker room in high school. I didn’t like it — I’d take my quick shower, get dressed, and get out as fast as possible — but there were the jocks who reveled in it, strutting around naked, snapping towels at each other (or the nerds, more incentive for me to get out), and bragging about their hot dates. Worst of all was that Coach Earl would also come out and egg them on, asking about specific girls, and what they would do together, and the jocks would eagerly tell stories.

I remember in particular that there were a couple of names always getting thrown around with salacious details — names I knew of people who were quite nice and good in school and friendly and decent to others, but they had committed the crime of being attractive and dating a football player, who would then turn them into objects of lust in the locker room, and spread intimate details, whether true or not, that I’m sure they wouldn’t have wanted told to a gang of giggling apes. I doubt they did any of the things that were talked about — it was more that if you didn’t brag about your conquests, Coach would make sneering remarks about the size of your testicles, and you wouldn’t get high fives from your team mates.

Jeez, but I hated that place. It contributed greatly to my low opinion of douchebros.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

I wonder if it strikes PZ as at all ironic that he sounds very much like this guy:

free thoughtpolice

free thoughtpolice

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Service Dog wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:19 pm

For the last few days, I've been working in an office, right on the corner of of Broadway & Houston-- the center of the universe-- the 'zero' street of Manhattan's grid of numbered streets. I've been surrounded by desk-bound normy-girls and soyboys, none who bothered to introduce themselves to me.
They click-away on their laptops-- on shopping-sites or social media, as often as work-related stuff. I'm part of a rotating-crew of more menial workers-- perhaps paid better than the office drones, tho. My crew has been folding-into-shape and taping-together, slots-into-tabs-style, thousands of little cardboard boxes, paper clamshells of the sort which usually contain the more-expensive burgers at a fast food chain.

These boxes are then each filled with a donut. I estimate the printing of the cardboard box to be about a buck, my labor to assemble each box to be about a buck, EIGHT BUCKS per donut to the caterer... then the rental of the airstream trailer and the 'brand ambassadors' (unemployed actors) and all the marketing-personnel and city permits and and and. All this so the NBC-owned E! entertainment network can promote it's People's Choice Awards by giving away donuts to passersby in-exchange for voting for Best Late-Night Talk Show, Best Sci-Fi or Fantasy show, Best Action Movie, etc. The donuts are covered in edible gold glitter, which people are afraid to eat, and M&Ms with the names of talkshow host nominees, and movie-popcorn. The actual donut dough tastes expensive, with a cornbready texture.

<chop>
Start writing that damm book now. Please? If not fuck you. Seriously ... write the fucken book ... a collection of essays will work. Do it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hey Kirb.

The Iconoclast has got your number. He has identified the Turkish Muslim zombie army that Erdogan has unleashed on the West.

Standard fare ... except ...

It was interesting that (apparently) ex-pat Turks will vote left in the West “for free stuff” - and will then turn 180 degrees and vote 60 something % for mad Muslim authoritarian Recep Er-dog-is my middle name-an.

Hmmmmm :think:

My grandfather always said you could never trust a Turk. Apparently nothing has changed since he was at Romani and Beersheba. :mrgreen:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Kirb seems to be filling the position of your Bette Noir.

Except you prefer them much younger, and a different colour. The opposite gender too.

So not at all really.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2D8Eo15wE

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Sometimes,

I just can not help myself and I feel the need to tell it as I see it.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

As seen on Twatter ...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Hey Kirb.

The Iconoclast has got your number. He has identified the Turkish Muslim zombie army that Erdogan has unleashed on the West.

It was interesting that (apparently) ex-pat Turks will vote left in the West “for free stuff” - and will then turn 180 degrees and vote 60 something % for mad Muslim authoritarian Recep Er-dog-is my middle name-an.

My grandfather always said you could never trust a Turk. Apparently nothing has changed since he was at Romani and Beersheba. :mrgreen:

Erdogan is a populist TradLife supporter who is killing or imprisoning all the "lib-tards" in Turkey to Make Turkey Great Again.

Perhaps Lauren Southern can interview him for some pointers.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Tweets still not showing up for me
but use the direct link for a laugh. :lol:

Code: Select all

https://twitter.com/ThatEricAlper/status/1047286804645199872

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Hey Kirb.

https..://youtu.be/BC9JzQ9VZsE
Erdogan is a populist TradLife supporter who is killing or imprisoning all the "lib-tards" in Turkey to Make Turkey Great Again.

Perhaps Lauren Southern can interview him for some pointers.
Islamic trad-life is antithetical to the glorious west. So no thanks.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Hunt wrote: Rev. PZ has really worked up his high moral dudgeon this time, fulminating against the prurient excesses of youth:

And then I remembered my unpleasant years of having to go through a boys’ locker room in high school. I didn’t like it — I’d take my quick shower, get dressed, and get out as fast as possible — but there were the jocks who reveled in it, strutting around naked, snapping towels at each other (or the nerds, more incentive for me to get out), and bragging about their hot dates. Worst of all was that Coach Earl would also come out and egg them on, asking about specific girls, and what they would do together, and the jocks would eagerly tell stories.

I remember in particular that there were a couple of names always getting thrown around with salacious details — names I knew of people who were quite nice and good in school and friendly and decent to others, but they had committed the crime of being attractive and dating a football player, who would then turn them into objects of lust in the locker room, and spread intimate details, whether true or not, that I’m sure they wouldn’t have wanted told to a gang of giggling apes. I doubt they did any of the things that were talked about — it was more that if you didn’t brag about your conquests, Coach would make sneering remarks about the size of your testicles, and you wouldn’t get high fives from your team mates.

Jeez, but I hated that place. It contributed greatly to my low opinion of douchebros.
Let's look at that again:
I remember in particular that there were a couple of names always getting thrown around with salacious details — names I knew of people who were quite nice and good in school and friendly and decent to others, but they had committed the crime of being attractive and dating a football player, who would then turn them into objects of lust in the locker room, and spread intimate details, whether true or not,
What Catpeezle, you don't think women talk about the intimate details of blokes when they get together? News flash: they fucking do, mate. They really fucking do.

But then, like most shite-knights, Peez knows little about women, so it is only to be expected.

John D

Post by John D »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:19 pm

<chop>
Start writing that damm book now. Please? If not fuck you. Seriously ... write the fucken book ... a collection of essays will work. Do it.
I second this motion and I will gladly edit your short stories for free. Maybe not a whole novel.... that sounds too hard.... haha.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:
Hunt wrote: Rev. PZ has really worked up his high moral dudgeon this time, fulminating against the prurient excesses of youth:

Let's look at that again:
I remember in particular that there were a couple of names always getting thrown around with salacious details — names I knew of people who were quite nice and good in school and friendly and decent to others, but they had committed the crime of being attractive and dating a football player, who would then turn them into objects of lust in the locker room, and spread intimate details, whether true or not,
What Catpeezle, you don't think women talk about the intimate details of blokes when they get together? News flash: they fucking do, mate. They really fucking do.

But then, like most shite-knights, Peez knows little about women, so it is only to be expected.

PeeZee was upset because he didn't have any intimate details to discuss. Which is acceptable for a nerdy teen. Not so much for a 60-something college professor.

Also there are some shades of Elliot Rodger here. It's interesting that PZ chooses to write "the crime of being attractive and dating a football player". I can imagine teenage PZ frothing at the mouth at the idea that women might date the Neanderthal football players and not him, the Supreme Gentleman.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Service Dog wrote: https://i.imgur.com/SB4gzvK.png

People seem relieved to learn that *they* are indeed the 'People' who choose the People's Choice awards, probably having-asked-themselves, years-ago,the last time the bothered to think about the People's Choice Awards; "Who are the 'people' making these 'People's' Choices?!" The voters are charmingly-concerned with their elgibility to vote: 'We aren't from New York, is that ok? We aren't from the US" and "Can I still have a donut if I work for Jimmy Fallon?"

In NYC, the donut airstream was parked alongside that spot where tourists watch Good Morning America, and down-by Zuccotti Park (of Occupy Wall Street infamy), and-- today-- outside the New York Comicon, next to a Rick&Morty promo-truck.

(I don't know who that chick is. Wasn't she behind Kavanaugh at the hearing?)
https://i.imgur.com/DKQuo1J.jpg

All of this is to say...

...that, while my hands made donut containers, my ears discovered many episodes of a podcast called Excursions In Libertarian Thought, which gets my highest recommendation.

https://www.libertarianism.org/podcasts/excursions

Start at the beginning. It brings history to life, like the better (older) episodes of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. But in 12-minute chunks.
I was fascinated by what savage buttheads the colonial-american founding fathers were: Smugglers, printers of fake-news against the really-quite-reasonable british, trading-with-the-enemy while France warred with England. In practical day-to-day quality-of-life terms, their only legitimate complaint was the possibility that the East India Company might eventually treat the American colonies as poorly as British colonies in India & China, or the Caribbean. Nice to know that the Americans 'identified'-as the same as all those oppressed brown & yellow & red people... not identifying-with their Mighty Whitey Overlords. The founding-fathers were Rachel Dolezals!

After the rousing colonial history bits hooked me in, I was next dazzled by the podcast's treatment of various stuffy old british philosophers and eccentric genius cranks. Such as John Herbert Locke, David Herbert Hume, Herbert Spencer, Adam (H.) Smith, Thomas "Herbie" Hodgskin, etc.

Due to the circumstances of my listening, and the availability of cold-brew nitro coffee & Cointreau in the office kitchen, the smart guys kinda blur-together, jumbled with late-night talkshow hosts Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, and the british one: James "Sir Jimmy-Herbert" Corden.

But the ur-conglomeration of the old guys quoted in the podcast, has impressed-on me a great sense of how cantankerous they all were. Such as one of them opposing the vote for women-- on the basis that the male voters were already excercising undue power by voting-for wars and taxes and natural-law-violating governments...
...and-so expanding the atrocity of governance from kings-- to men in general-- and then to women-- was only compounding an intolerable injustice against all that is right and good.

I love it.

Start at the beginning & enjoy. The main hosting link to Libertarian.org, which I provided above, makes it kinda hard to get to the first episode in chronological order. Maybe iTunes is better. I use Stitcher, which also makes the oldest episode hardest to find... but autoplays in the correct order, once I found the starting-point:

Lastly, I'll note that the economic theories discussed in the podcast careened-off the harsh Marxist reality of me & the 3 other people I supervised folding those boxes. The asian guy was really fast & efficient... but I did nothing to reward him more than the untidy, slow millenial who watched movies on his phone while he folded, or the chick who arrived late each day. Each according to his abilities, each according to the needs of my slovenly management style.
The reason people are scared to eat it is it looks like someone swept the floor of a movie theater and piled the result on top.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Alyssa Milano is the mystery chick @ SNL and the hearing.

(Though it's possible you already knew that).

As a source I may be assumed to be peccable (as in not 'im').

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Interesting to see Chevy Chase in a dramatic role...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSGFt6w0wok

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
Are you sure? That ANZAC war museum you were worshipping at the other day looked just like a mosque. Did they make you take your shoes off too?

free thoughtpolice

Lindsay, Boghosian, and Pluckrose's hijinx are making it into Time and the Atlantic as Sokal squared,

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Lindsay, Boghosian, and Pluckrose's hijinx are making it into Time and the Atlantic as Sokal squared,
This is the 21st century - do people read any more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVk9a5Jcd1k

CaptainFluffyBunny

Oh, somebody, Jugheadernaught IIRC was asking about hidden documents relating to Kavanaugh.
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/41014 ... ssion=true

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive wrote:
Are you sure? That ANZAC war museum you were worshipping at the other day looked just like a mosque. Did they make you take your shoes off too?
A little more complex. A fusion of elements from our engagement in the Near East and a 1940s focus on Art Deco. It’s definitely religious in a nationalistic fashion. But from a time when we appropriated foreign themes without pathetic self recrimination
The design and decorative elements draw on many influences from a range of places and periods.These include Byzantine architecture, which represents a meeting of Western and Eastern religious beliefs and styles; European medieval military buildings and castles; Eastern mausoleums; Mesopotamian stepped pyramids; Persian mosques and even the Alhambra palace in Moorish Spain and the Mughal Taj Mahal.Travel in the early twentieth century had encouraged interest in all these architectural forms.

As you walk up the steps towards the imposing main entrance, Sodersten’s two massive towers or ‘pylons’ jut out like the monumental gateway of an Egyptian temple, joined by a lower section over the entrance. In ancient Egyptian theology, pylons were a symbolic representation of two hills between which the sun (like the dome) rose and set, in a ritual of resurrection or rebirth.The towers can also be seen as a defensive barbican protruding from the front of a Norman castle.

Before entering, walkers are recommended to turn left towards the Sculpture Garden and walk right round the outside of the building. How many different Art Deco features can you see?

These include:
• the parapet walls and large piers that step down and back with curved, streamlined corners;
• horizontal banding and vertical lines;
• symmetry and balance, especially in the configuration of
windows, often drawing on multiples of three;
• form married to function; the vertical air vents in the
walls, for example, look like arrow slits in a castle wall
but also ventilate the building;
• the cruciform floor plan (in the form of a cross), recalls
a European cathedral with the central nave bisected by a
transept or side wings.These were extended in 1971; • look up at the copper dome, sitting on a large stepped
tower; this is an example of ‘massing’—an Art Deco
feature;
• new technologies such as reinforced concrete clad in
Gosford sandstone; flat roofs clad with copper behind capped parapet walls that largely hide the drainage system;
• original doors at the rear with an attractive Art Deco light and an original fire hydrant; decorative security grilles on the eastern side.
https://www.canberraarchaeologicalsocie ... 6_2_13.pdf