Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Old subthreads
ConcentratedH2O, OM

Re: Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Keating wrote:
That is fantastic.
There will be buckets of delicious man tears for Becky to drink when Dan sees it.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote: @Steers,

No I am not ignoring you. When I finish girding my loins I will respond. Right now I am formulating my rules ... not going to try and "win" an argument for example. Just present the facts etc.
Thanks for the heads-up.

And certainly agree that simply trying to "win" an argument, particularly while unfairly discounting the other side, can be "problematic". Although the other side of the coin - going along with others just to keep peace in the "family" - can be equally so. You no doubt know of ketman but you prolly haven't seen it discussed in the context of the transgender issue - interesting riff on the concept in an article - Humpty Dumpty deserved to fall - by Canadian columnist Barbara Kay:
There is an Arabic word, “ketman,” which describes the position taken by those who desire to be “at one with others, in order not to be alone”. The word arises in a 1953 book, a series of essays by the Polish poet Czeslaw Milosz called The Captive Mind, about what happens to the inner lives of intellectuals living under totalitarianism.

When Stalin’s Iron Curtain fell over Poland after the Second World War, intellectuals had to adapt very quickly. They were called upon not only to obey the regime but to proselytize on its behalf. Because it was too painful to imagine they were parroting lies, Milosz’s fellow Polish intellectuals insisted they were speaking words they believed.

They were not lying. Ketman goes deeper than lying. It is a kind of performance engaged in to survive the sensation of living with a divided mind. Those practicing ketman are actors; everything they say is part of a performance. You can feel the performative affect of most spoken and written commentary every time you turn to a progressively disposed newspaper, website or TV show.

Privately, many media people complain about having to defend what they know to be objectively indefensible. But to maintain their status as enlightened or “woke” according to criteria set by ideologues and enforced by Twitter mobs, they will say things they do not believe, but have convinced themselves are necessary to say to advance the unassailable goal of social justice, which is always on the horizon, never arriving, because its utopian goalposts never stop receding. ....
Obviously that "principle" shows up in many contexts, and I expect few are more problematic that religion in general. Kind of hope, as I've suggested in that Sharia article, that the problems of Islam will motivate not just a profound and public discussion about Islam - as columnist Barbara Amiel called for - but one about religion in general. And, in passing, it may be of some interest or amusement to note that Kay, while credibly critical of Islam, is apparently, as a Jew, somewhat reluctant to address the "warts" on Judaism: no one - or few - complain until it's their own ox that's being gored.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote:
That is fantastic.
Imagine the shock when he grabs her by the pussy and instead pulls the tail.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Keating wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:37 pm
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ss/572581/

This article is quite interesting:
Progressive activists are the only group that strongly backs political correctness: Only 30 percent see it as a problem.

So what does this group look like? Compared with the rest of the (nationally representative) polling sample, progressive activists are much more likely to be rich, highly educated—and white. They are nearly twice as likely as the average to make more than $100,000 a year. They are nearly three times as likely to have a postgraduate degree. And while 12 percent of the overall sample in the study is African American, only 3 percent of progressive activists are. With the exception of the small tribe of devoted conservatives, progressive activists are the most racially homogeneous group in the country.
The woke are rich, racist arseholes.
Good read. I find this section particularly relevant to what we've been saying here for a while:
The study should also make progressives more self-critical about the way in which speech norms serve as a marker of social distinction. I don’t doubt the sincerity of the affluent and highly educated people who call others out if they use “problematic” terms or perpetrate an act of “cultural appropriation.” But what the vast majority of Americans seem to see—at least according to the research conducted for “Hidden Tribes”—is not so much genuine concern for social justice as the preening display of cultural superiority.
i.e: the dreaded but accurate 'virtue signaling'.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Steersman wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:58 pm
"Reverts"? She was born Muslim ...
This "Revert" business is a typically islamic piece of arrogance. The 'holy' book says that all babies are born Muslim, so apparently we're supposed to butcher our language to make way for this.

'Convert' is a valid noun. 'Revert' is not. But, Hey, other forms of identity politics insist on their own words so why not ?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

AndrewV69 wrote: The Russia story mentioned she tried to speak Arabic and I remember taking note of that at the time. I have noted in the past that the majority of reverts in the West appear to be women, and in the UK quite a few are gingers.

Anyway,

To me it is more likely than not that Lohan is already a revert. Might do her some good if she sticks to it.
Steersman wrote:
"Reverts"? She was born Muslim, moved away, and has finally seen the light & returned?
revert = convert. Muslims would know exactly what I meant by that. But "convert" works just as well.

See Does One "Convert" or "Revert" When Adopting Islam?
A common definition of the word "revert" is to "return to a former condition or belief." A revert is returning back to that innate faith to which they were connected as young children, before being lead away.
Steersman wrote: More like being totally clueless about the odious nature of Islam - apropos of which, something I quoted Salim Mansour corroborating in our earlier conversation:
Yes and no. Culture & religion are intertwined. For example, secular Arabs. You will see many attitudes in common with their Islamist brothers. Honour killing for example are not exclusive to Muslims. It is in fact cultural.

Same with "village" mores, attitudes, "culture" you will find in rural India and Pakistan and incidentally I expect to find among the among the Rohingya. I am not surprised at their behaviour nor am I surprised that Bangladesh does not want them. The "village" mentality sees them as outsiders. No Muslim brotherhood there. Rather the "village" mentality reigns supreme.

Understand?

Steersman wrote: Really is a puzzle though as to how & why so many Westerners - born and bred in the light of the Enlightenment, so to speak - should be having any truck whatsoever with an ideology that is "flatly incompatible with democracy & human rights".
That one to me is fairly easy.

1. Many (most?) people appear to need some sort of structure in their lives.

2. Some women (people in general?) appear to need to be told what to do. They have been given their freedom to be anything they want, but without any (sufficient?) guidance plunge into hedonistic pursuits.

3. A subset of above, find that lifestyle lacking and seek out what they need. To be told what to do, how to do it and when. Islam fulfils that need in spades. It heavily restricts what you may do. It is very clear about what you must do. Practised properly, it dominates your life. For example wudu is a rutual that should be performed before prayer. Five times a day. But not necessarily. See the link for more.

Apparently, a lot of people find that sort of structure will satisfy their inherent need(s) (whatever they are) and apparently some women need it much more than men. Perhaps evolutionary psychology can explain it?
Steersman wrote: Case in point being one "mechanicma" - a white Irish ex(?)-sexworker woman - who avers that "Islam is the gift that Allah gave us to keep us safe from all evil, hurt and harm." I'd had some extensive and sensible discussions with her some time ago on sexwork, and we'd definitely had, at least, a meeting of minds on that topic, but that more or less came to an end once she converted to Islam:
Jim, it horrifies me that someone of your intelligence suspends all logic, reason and critical thinking in honour of attacking an ideology precious to more than a billion intelligent human beings, most of whom never have and never will harm anyone because of it. ....

Once I felt a kind of kinship with your logic and objectivity, now I must sadly recognise that you are my enemy, and that will only get worse. I [wish] it were not so, but I am not going to take any more blind and irrational abuse from you. ...
None so blind and all that - "precious" doesn't preclude "barbaric" & "psychotic".
Some people seem to have an inherent need to be dominated. Women especially appear to equate it with security. By attacking her religion, you attack her new found security and stability.
Steersman wrote: No doubt that many find some value in religion, and I'll even concede there is some in most of them, some more than others. But don't see that humanity is going to progress very far if we're not able to separate the wheat from the chaff. Think E.O. Wilson said that the problem with humanity is that we have paleolithic emotions, medieval institutions, and god-like technology - and religion provides ample evidence of the first two.
Ya, there is a school of thought that humans have outpaced our evolution. An example of a subset may be found here Paul Ehrlich: Human Technological Achievement Has Outpaced Ethical Evolution

Speaking of Wilson E. O. Wilson’s Theory of Everything the fact that he was attacked by Gould is pretty much validation to his views.

[/quote]

To sum it up Steers, Islam gives cover to people and encourages them to do what they want to do in the first place, which may include living a peaceful life.

However,

Seeing as the religion was founded by a warlord, it should be no surprise that anyone bent in that direction will find lots of encouragement.

Anyway,

Never mind that. You want instant change. Solutions implemented now. Not going to happen. Not in our life times. Blame our ignorant elites for that. good luck educating them however, the stupid bastards seem to think they know better. The fact that really stupid fucks like Myers exists does not help either.

But I believe change will happen. Eventually.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

AndrewV69 wrote: revert = convert. Muslims would know exactly what I meant by that. But "convert" works just as well.

A common definition of the word "revert" is to "return to a former condition or belief." A revert is returning back to that innate faith to which they were connected as young children, before being lead away.
So would it be OK to refer to them as "Preverts" in their original happy state?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

So PZ has jury duty tomorrow. May be as close as he ever gets to due process.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hunt wrote: So PZ has jury duty tomorrow. May be as close as he ever gets to due process.
PZ sounds pathetically eager, there is hope there he can be a real justice warrior, valued by society and rising above his allotted station.

He doesn’t have a hope in hell.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:23 am
AndrewV69 wrote: revert = convert. Muslims would know exactly what I meant by that. But "convert" works just as well.

So would it be OK to refer to them as "Preverts" in their original happy state?
If we accept that "politics is downstream from culture" I would not be surprised if someone thought and said so.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

So, what does the denizens of ye olde Slymepit think? Should we take him back or not?

Link to story : ‘I just want to go back’: Canadian ISIS fighter captured in northern Syria speaks out

Or should we treat him based on how we believe he would have behaved had Daesh won?

What about his wife? His children?

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:01 am
If we accept that "politics is downstream from culture" I would not be surprised if someone thought and said so.
Blasphemy! Wall of Kirb-text invoked.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

AndrewV69 wrote: So, what does the denizens of ye olde Slymepit think? Should we take him back or not?

Link to story : ‘I just want to go back’: Canadian ISIS fighter captured in northern Syria speaks out

Or should we treat him based on how we believe he would have behaved had Daesh won?

What about his wife? His children?
Sell him as a sex slave. It's only fair and equitable.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Or introduce him to the ancient Japanese Muslim art of seppuku.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Not being a Canadian I don't have an opinion. I think for the most part people should mind their own business when it comes to internal shit like that. (Hint, hint)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote: Not being a Canadian I don't have an opinion. I think for the most part people should mind their own business when it comes to internal shit like that. (Hint, hint)
Next you'll be saying that Canadian's shouldn't be commenting on US politics.

(Oblique reference - but coming from me - aren't they all).

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

:)

You can SMELL the steam coming out of Ofie's orifices....

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MarcusAu wrote:
comhcinc wrote: Not being a Canadian I don't have an opinion. I think for the most part people should mind their own business when it comes to internal shit like that. (Hint, hint)
Next you'll be saying that Canadian's shouldn't be commenting on US politics.

(Oblique reference - but coming from me - aren't they all).
Me? Say that? Never!

But it does kinda makes you sound a little thirsty if that's all you talk about.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

CommanderTuvok wrote: :)

That'll be the first moisture some of them have seen in quite a few years.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

She has that je ne sais quoi thing going on. Reminds of a chick I just matched on Tinder. Danielle is her name.
https://pics.me.me/black-lives-matter-d ... 078537.png
We're going out for cake and playing a drinking game later.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

https://twitter.com/lecanardnoir/status ... 5077457920
Between Ophie's steamy orifices and Zinnia Jones using his colon as a parking garage, I'm happy the Web isn't advanced enough to deliver smells just yet.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote: e? Say that? Never!

But it does kinda makes you sound a little thirsty if that's all you talk about.
I'd not heard anyone saying they wanted to fuck Jordan Peterson. In fact there seems to have been some disillusionment with him after his recent comments re: the new supreme court justice.

But each to their own I suppose.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Fucking Jordan Peterson is the only way I want to hear about him. I look forward to the fanfic.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

That quote has been through the mangle - but the gist is still there (I hope).

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Walmart used to force bands to record sanitized versions of their CDs before they'd sell them.

Now they flop girlcock in my face as soon as I land on their website.

https://imgur.com/ADepZ1X.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I would so do Ellen.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

comhcinc wrote: I would so do Ellen.
Even if she's packing? She's got the rangey look of someone who can go all night. OWWW...

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Ape+lust wrote:
comhcinc wrote: I would so do Ellen.
Even if she's packing? She's got the rangey look of someone who can go all night. OWWW...
All the better. Throw in some Rachel Maddow and call it my birthday.

And in 2 bottles of Jack and some E and call up Danielle and we can get really freaky.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Andrerw V69 wrote:
So, what does the denizens of ye olde Slymepit think? Should we take him back or not?
Well he did say he wouldn't cause trouble if he was allowed to return...

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

https://diversity.google

Now that Google has so embraced diversity, it must now be the most moral and pure company in the world.

Such a change when Google started up. Now there was a company whose ethics needed changing.

But this new, diverse Google is just so much better than when it was infested by white guys.

https://theintercept.com/2018/08/01/goo ... ensorship/

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Service Dog wrote: Follow the pink arrow for the Women's room vs. the Amber-alert arrow for James Damore, She-he hybrids & cripples...

https://i.imgur.com/gCTWNGk.jpg
It's like a direct challenge to men to start pissing all over the seats, probably in both bathrooms. Sadly, those who desperately need a shit are going to be early casualties in this ugly phase of the gender war.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote: Fucking Jordan Peterson is the only way I want to hear about him. I look forward to the fanfic.
Apologies.

Forget I said anything.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I see that there is a new Sherlock Holmes film coming out - this time as a comedy...

Though I'm not sure that the material is really suitable to be treated in this way...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

And that's it!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ didn’t get jury picked. Which in a win-win for him; now he can (in a post hoc fashion) brag about how he would’a decked the bastards ....
Also, I wouldn’t even have had a chance to answer the prosecuting attorney’s question, “What three things come to mind when you think of law enforcement?” I would probably have started with “petty thugs who shouldn’t be trusted with a gun” before the bailiff would have hauled me out behind the chemical shed. He also asked jurors what they thought of the War on Drugs, and my answer might have gotten profane and earned me a contempt of court fine.
:lol: :lol:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Andrerw V69 wrote:
Well he did say he wouldn't cause trouble if he was allowed to return...
Doubt you believe that, at least that's what your ellipsis suggests. Seems a remarkably bad bet:

France: Deradicalization of Jihadists a "Total Fiasco"

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

A debate between Milo and Anjem Choudary.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: The Russia story mentioned she tried to speak Arabic and I remember taking note of that at the time. I have noted in the past that the majority of reverts in the West appear to be women, and in the UK quite a few are gingers.

Anyway,

To me it is more likely than not that Lohan is already a revert. Might do her some good if she sticks to it.
Steersman wrote:
"Reverts"? She was born Muslim, moved away, and has finally seen the light & returned?
revert = convert. Muslims would know exactly what I meant by that. But "convert" works just as well.

And in the eyes of nutcases like Zinnia Jones, "female" works as a description for them. Doesn't mean it's at all accurate, or very helpful.

Not sure how closely if at all you're following the transgender issue, but there was quite a good article - Words Lose Their Meaning at Wilfrid Laurier University - at Quillette on the topic, particularly in some references to Orwell:
the key message of both works [1984, & Politics and the English Language] was the same: beware any person or group that redefines words so that they no longer align with facts, common sense, and common usage.
Indeed.
AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote: More like being totally clueless about the odious nature of Islam - apropos of which, something I quoted Salim Mansour corroborating in our earlier conversation:
Yes and no. Culture & religion are intertwined. For example, secular Arabs. You will see many attitudes in common with their Islamist brothers. Honour killing for example are not exclusive to Muslims. It is in fact cultural.

Same with "village" mores, attitudes, "culture" you will find in rural India and Pakistan and incidentally I expect to find among the among the Rohingya. I am not surprised at their behaviour nor am I surprised that Bangladesh does not want them. The "village" mentality sees them as outsiders. No Muslim brotherhood there. Rather the "village" mentality reigns supreme.

Understand?
Yes and no. :-)

Certainly agree that "culture and religion are intertwined" - generally a dangerous and explosive combination. And I'll likewise agree "honour killing is not exclusive to Muslims", although the Wikipedia article thereon notes that "the majority of reported cases in Europe have been amongst Muslim or migrant Muslim communities" even it isn't directly sanctioned by Islam itself.

However, it also states that:
"Tahira Shaid Khan, a professor of women's issues at Aga Khan University, says that there is nothing in the Qur'an that permits or sanctions honor killings.[76] Khan instead blames them on attitudes (across different classes, ethnic, and religious groups) that view women as property with no rights of their own as the motivation for honor killings.
No doubt those attitudes on women aren't and haven't been unique to Islam, although it seems generally a mark or indication of civilization to repudiate & deprecate those. And notwithstanding the apparent desire of some women to be viewed as property and possess no or few rights of their own, that Islam seems bound and determined to defend such attitudes, tooth and nail, is hardly much of an endorsement of that "religion".

As for the Rohingya, apparently some further evidence that Muslims simply don't play well with anyone, even themselves:

Islam_MuslimsKillingMuslims.jpg
(49.42 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Memes_FacesOfIslam.jpg
(247.09 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

Sectarian violence is of course not unique to Islam, but Christianity at least has more or less evolved past that point. However, that Islam clearly hasn't is just another black mark against that "religion". ICYMI, you might be interested in a Frontline documentary - aired on PBS about 6 months ago - on the bitter rivalry between Iran & Saudi Arabia.
AndrewV69 wrote:

Code: Select all

https://twitter.com/SteersMann/status/1049488996483522560
Steersman wrote: Really is a puzzle though as to how & why so many Westerners - born and bred in the light of the Enlightenment, so to speak - should be having any truck whatsoever with an ideology that is "flatly incompatible with democracy & human rights".
That one to me is fairly easy.

1. Many (most?) people appear to need some sort of structure in their lives.

2. Some women (people in general?) appear to need to be told what to do. They have been given their freedom to be anything they want, but without any (sufficient?) guidance plunge into hedonistic pursuits.

3. A subset of above, find that lifestyle lacking and seek out what they need. To be told what to do, how to do it and when. Islam fulfils that need in spades. It heavily restricts what you may do. It is very clear about what you must do. Practised properly, it dominates your life. For example wudu is a rutual that should be performed before prayer. Five times a day. But not necessarily. See the link for more.

Apparently, a lot of people find that sort of structure will satisfy their inherent need(s) (whatever they are) and apparently some women need it much more than men. Perhaps evolutionary psychology can explain it?
Generally agree with most of that - someone, of the Christian persuasion, lent me a book sometime ago titled "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. Some merit in the concept but many tend to put the cart before the horse - not all purposes are created equal, and many are profoundly antithetical to the best interests of humanity. And any that smack of theocracy - Islam being the major though probably not sole exponent of that - have to be leading that hit parade.
AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote: Case in point being one "mechanicma" - a white Irish ex(?)-sexworker woman - who avers that "Islam is the gift that Allah gave us to keep us safe from all evil, hurt and harm." I'd had some extensive and sensible discussions with her some time ago on sexwork, and we'd definitely had, at least, a meeting of minds on that topic, but that more or less came to an end once she converted to Islam:
Jim, it horrifies me that someone of your intelligence suspends all logic, reason and critical thinking in honour of attacking an ideology precious to more than a billion intelligent human beings, most of whom never have and never will harm anyone because of it. ....

Once I felt a kind of kinship with your logic and objectivity, now I must sadly recognise that you are my enemy, and that will only get worse. I [wish] it were not so, but I am not going to take any more blind and irrational abuse from you. ...
None so blind and all that - "precious" doesn't preclude "barbaric" & "psychotic".
Some people seem to have an inherent need to be dominated. Women especially appear to equate it with security. By attacking her religion, you attack her new found security and stability.
Probably the case, although I have a bit of hope that my "tough love" might yet bear a bit of fruit there. But generally sad, and rather problematic, that many if not most of us have a tendency to see, if hyperbolically, any criticism of any of our values or positions as virtually tantamount to attempted murder. It was a bit of a jaw-dropping experience to read that Quillette article (above) which had one "Laurier activist proclaiming":
... debates that invalidate the existence of trans and non-binary people or dehumanize us based on gender are both a form of transphobia and gendered violence. ....
Amazing - all that "invalidation" and "dehumanization" just from Shepherd showing a video of Peterson objecting to being compelled to use gendered pronouns ...
AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote: No doubt that many find some value in religion, and I'll even concede there is some in most of them, some more than others. But don't see that humanity is going to progress very far if we're not able to separate the wheat from the chaff. Think E.O. Wilson said that the problem with humanity is that we have paleolithic emotions, medieval institutions, and god-like technology - and religion provides ample evidence of the first two.
Ya, there is a school of thought that humans have outpaced our evolution. An example of a subset may be found here Paul Ehrlich: Human Technological Achievement Has Outpaced Ethical Evolution

Speaking of Wilson E. O. Wilson’s Theory of Everything the fact that he was attacked by Gould is pretty much validation to his views.

Code: Select all

https://twitter.com/SteersMann/status/1049719112639832064
Thanks for the links - look to be worthwhile reads, particularly the one on Wilson, and particularly because he's a proponent of group selection, something I certainly think is plausible. Although our own Matt Cavanaugh is apparently not too impressed with it. ;-)
AndrewV69 wrote: To sum it up Steers, Islam gives cover to people and encourages them to do what they want to do in the first place, which may include living a peaceful life.

However, seeing as the religion was founded by a warlord, it should be no surprise that anyone bent in that direction will find lots of encouragement. Anyway,

Never mind that. You want instant change. Solutions implemented now. Not going to happen. Not in our life times. Blame our ignorant elites for that. good luck educating them however, the stupid bastards seem to think they know better. The fact that really stupid fucks like Myers exists does not help either.

But I believe change will happen. Eventually.
Religion is definitely a two-edged sword: you probably know Pascal's "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction", and many have "striven for high ideals" from pretty much the same source. Still don't think "we" will have lasting progress until we find a way to "accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative". Kind of figure that stepping back from literal interpretations - common in all (most all) religions, though more so in Islam - is the way off the horns of that dilemma, although that is maybe a bit moot.

As for me wanting "instant change", I don't think that's particularly accurate. Certainly agree about our "ignorant elites" and the difficulty educating them - hence my article. But change won't happen just because of wan hopes; it won't happen unless enough or more people put their shoulders to the wheel: if wishes were horses then beggars would ride, Rome wasn't built in a day (and it won't be torn down in one), the longest journey begins with a single step, and all that. Kind of looks like a great many people - notably many ex-Muslims who I've supported morally and financially - are certainly doing their part; I'd suggest you might want to consider doing likewise if you aren't already doing so.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Looks like the UK Army is coming down hard on the young recruits who took selfies with Tommy Robinson at a truck stop. One has been discharged. The rest are under investigation and units are being briefed on not following TR on Facebook or other SM.

Luckily we have the right guy on the case:
Armed Forces’ official Islamic advisor, Asim Hafiz, condemned these men — before the investigation was even complete — telling reporters that "any form of racism, discrimination or extremism is taken extremely seriously and will be dealt with accordingly".
https://www.therebel.media/standwithourlads

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Brive1987 wrote: Looks like the UK Army is coming down hard on the young recruits who took selfies with Tommy Robinson at a truck stop. One has been discharged. The rest are under investigation and units are being briefed on not following TR on Facebook or other SM.
Sadly, and I hate to say this, the recruits/soldiers in question don't have a leg to stand upon. During week #2 of CMS(R) - AKA "basic training" - each and every recruit is taught "The values and standards of H.M. Armed Forces" - a modular set of lectures and lessons that cover a variety of topics/subjects. Part of the package deals specifically with proscribed groups - far right/left, communist, terrorist groups and individuals are forbidden and it's made abundantly clear that any support or alignment with these elements will lead to administrative action.

On top of that, we're tested on the subject every year (ITD's - individual training directive and ATD's - annual training directives) - failure can be a career-killer.

I used to teach/test the subject(s) at unit level and took perverse pleasure in flashing a slide of my BNP membership card* (complete with rank & name) and eyeballing my OC as I did so. Not once was I challenged on this (well, not seriously) although these days I don't think my arse wouldn't touch the ground!

Yup, sad though it may be, the young scrotes who posed for the selfie are fucked.

* Platinum - coupled with a "Trafalgar Club" card :o

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Looks like the UK Army is coming down hard on the young recruits who took selfies with Tommy Robinson at a truck stop. One has been discharged. The rest are under investigation and units are being briefed on not following TR on Facebook or other SM.
Sadly, and I hate to say this, the recruits/soldiers in question don't have a leg to stand upon. During week #2 of CMS(R) - AKA "basic training" - each and every recruit is taught "The values and standards of H.M. Armed Forces" - a modular set of lectures and lessons that cover a variety of topics/subjects. Part of the package deals specifically with proscribed groups - far right/left, communist, terrorist groups and individuals are forbidden and it's made abundantly clear that any support or alignment with these elements will lead to administrative action. ....
They have a list of such groups & individuals or are they added after the fact? Also, not sure how Robinson would qualify under any of those categories - seems a bit of slander or guilty until proven innocent.

And seem to recollect that it was some Muslim officer who was objecting - expect he's biased a bit.
Bhurzum wrote: Yup, sad though it may be, the young scrotes who posed for the selfie are fucked.
LoL. "scrotes" - learn something new every day. :-) Though not sure how that qualifies as "useless and insignificant" - kind of attached to mine ... :-)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Is there a definitive list of verboten public figures, or do they just make it up as they go along?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

:nin:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman wrote: They have a list of such groups & individuals or are they added after the fact? Also, not sure how Robinson would qualify under any of those categories - seems a bit of slander or guilty until proven innocent.
If memory serves me correctly, the lesson plans are riddled with weasel words and have more "wriggle room" than a pair of Zvans underpants. Certain groups are named (BNP, Greenpeace, CND, National Front etc) but there are also very loosely defined terms such as "politically abrasive or inflammatory groups or individuals."

They also go to great lengths to highlight the fact that service = sacrifice; to serve is to forfeit certain "rights" enjoyed by our civvy counterparts. As the old saying goes - "We fight for democracy but we don't get to enjoy it."

Also of note, at any given time, service personnel are subject to several sets of laws/rules even though they sometimes contradict one another - Military law (always in effect), unit standing orders, local standing orders, local law etc. Regardless of scenario, if you fuck up, it's always the harshest standards you're held to.
Steersman wrote: And seem to recollect that it was some Muslim officer who was objecting - expect he's biased a bit.
After my time, mate. But yes, undoubtedly a biased fucker.
Steersman wrote: LoL. "scrotes" - learn something new every day. :-) Though not sure how that qualifies as "useless and insignificant" - kind of attached to mine ... :-)
Ah, the poor private soldier! We had many unflattering names for ours - chimps, idle horrors, scrotes and my personal favourite - goons!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote:
Steersman wrote: They have a list of such groups & individuals or are they added after the fact? Also, not sure how Robinson would qualify under any of those categories - seems a bit of slander or guilty until proven innocent.
If memory serves me correctly, the lesson plans are riddled with weasel words and have more "wriggle room" than a pair of Zvans underpants. Certain groups are named (BNP, Greenpeace, CND, National Front etc) but there are also very loosely defined terms such as "politically abrasive or inflammatory groups or individuals."

They also go to great lengths to highlight the fact that service = sacrifice; to serve is to forfeit certain "rights" enjoyed by our civvy counterparts. As the old saying goes - "We fight for democracy but we don't get to enjoy it."

Also of note, at any given time, service personnel are subject to several sets of laws/rules even though they sometimes contradict one another - Military law (always in effect), unit standing orders, local standing orders, local law etc. Regardless of scenario, if you fuck up, it's always the harshest standards you're held to.
Steersman wrote: And seem to recollect that it was some Muslim officer who was objecting - expect he's biased a bit.
After my time, mate. But yes, undoubtedly a biased fucker.
Steersman wrote: LoL. "scrotes" - learn something new every day. :-) Though not sure how that qualifies as "useless and insignificant" - kind of attached to mine ... :-)
Ah, the poor private soldier! We had many unflattering names for ours - chimps, idle horrors, scrotes and my personal favourite - goons!
Makes me remember when I first realized what "Old Scrotum, the wrinkled retainer" was referring to in Sir Henry at Rawlinson End by Viv Stanshall. I laughed myself sick for hours on that one...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: Makes me remember when I first realized what "Old Scrotum, the wrinkled retainer" was referring to in Sir Henry at Rawlinson End by Viv Stanshall. I laughed myself sick for hours on that one...
You're supposed to love me, you vile jelly!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

It goes to show that smoking can be bad for your health.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Bhurzum wrote:
Sadly, and I hate to say this, the recruits/soldiers in question don't have a leg to stand upon. During week #2 of CMS(R) - AKA "basic training" - each and every recruit is taught "The values and standards of H.M. Armed Forces" - a modular set of lectures and lessons that cover a variety of topics/subjects. Part of the package deals specifically with proscribed groups - far right/left, communist, terrorist groups and individuals are forbidden and it's made abundantly clear that any support or alignment with these elements will lead to administrative action.

On top of that, we're tested on the subject every year (ITD's - individual training directive and ATD's - annual training directives) - failure can be a career-killer.

I used to teach/test the subject(s) at unit level and took perverse pleasure in flashing a slide of my BNP membership card* (complete with rank & name) and eyeballing my OC as I did so. Not once was I challenged on this (well, not seriously) although these days I don't think my arse wouldn't touch the ground!

Yup, sad though it may be, the young scrotes who posed for the selfie are fucked.

* Platinum - coupled with a "Trafalgar Club" card :o
What is the name of the proscribed group that Tommy Robinson belongs to?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

The UK is a shitfestival that keeps on shitting itself.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

SM1957 wrote: What is the name of the proscribed group that Tommy Robinson belongs to?
I think he belongs in the "politically inflammatory" camp.

(I don't make the rules)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

rayshul wrote: The UK is a shitfestival that keeps on shitting itself.
I don't suppose you fancy adopting a hairy-assed Scotsman? I'm very quiet, keep myself clean and only require a small amount of breakfast whisky every day...

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Bhurzum wrote:
SM1957 wrote: What is the name of the proscribed group that Tommy Robinson belongs to?
I think he belongs in the "politically inflammatory" camp.

(I don't make the rules)
So somebody not part of any political party is 'politically inflammatory'?

Does the Army have any idea just what a powerful recruiting tool they are for the Far Right, when they discipline British soldiers for posing for a photo with somebody?

And then the Army wheels out their Islamic chaplain and the Muslim Council of Britain to criticise British soldiers?

Just what do they expect to happen when people see that this is what the Army does to anybody who questions Islam?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

piginthecity wrote:
Steersman wrote:
"Reverts"? She was born Muslim ...
This "Revert" business is a typically islamic piece of arrogance. The 'holy' book says that all babies are born Muslim, so apparently we're supposed to butcher our language to make way for this.
Thanks - learn something new every day, some times even several things. :-)

But "arrogance" reminds me of something from an article - Why the Arabic World Turned Away From Science - in The New Atlantis:
There is a final reason why it makes little sense to exhort Muslims to their own past: while there are many things that the Islamic world lacks, pride in heritage is not one of them. What is needed in Islam is less self-pride and more self-criticism. Today, self-criticism in Islam is valued only insofar as it is made as an appeal to be more pious and less spiritually corrupt. And yet most criticism in the Muslim world is directed outward, at the West. This prejudice — what Fouad Ajami has called (referring to the Arab world) “a political tradition of belligerent self-pity” — is undoubtedly one of Islam’s biggest obstacles. It makes information that contradicts orthodox belief irrelevant, and it closes off debate about the nature and history of Islam.
[My emphasis as they say]
piginthecity wrote: 'Convert' is a valid noun. 'Revert' is not. But, Hey, other forms of identity politics insist on their own words so why not ?
Indeed. Seems everyone is getting into the act, the redefinition of "woman" being one of the most recent and egregious examples.

Not sure if you noticed in my response to Andrew above where I quoted this, but there was quite a good article - Words Lose Their Meaning at Wilfrid Laurier University - at Quillette on the topic, particularly in some references to Orwell:
the key message of both works [1984, & Politics and the English Language] was the same: beware any person or group that redefines words so that they no longer align with facts, common sense, and common usage.
Indeed.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote: :nin:
:mrgreen:

And nice to know that I haven't been put on ignore by some of the better people ... ;)

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Devon Tracey, AKA Atheism is Unstoppable, has introduced (the mighty motherfuckin') Phil Anselmo to the horrific tedium that is Steve Shives :lol:

Chin up, Steve! You're hated by people who matter :dance:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

rayshul wrote: The UK is a shitfestival that keeps on shitting itself.
Seems there's a rather remarkably large number of western countries - few in Eastern Europe - who haven't had an effen clue about the odious nature of Islam, and that it is largely if not entirely "incompatible with democracy & human rights". Anjuli Pandavar in one of her posts at the sadly misnamed FTB said that we - the West - were sleep-walking into a nightmare as a result of that ignorance.

Not sure whereabouts in jolly Old this is, or when it was taken, but sure looks like the kettle is about to boil over:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

SM1957 wrote: So somebody not part of any political party is 'politically inflammatory'?

Does the Army have any idea just what a powerful recruiting tool they are for the Far Right, when they discipline British soldiers for posing for a photo with somebody?

And then the Army wheels out their Islamic chaplain and the Muslim Council of Britain to criticise British soldiers?

Just what do they expect to happen when people see that this is what the Army does to anybody who questions Islam?
Preaching to the choir, dude.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

@Steers,

So what argument could anyone make, would convince you that telling people "to piss on the Quran" is unproductive?

Is it even possible?

:lol: :lol: :lol: