Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Old subthreads
dogen

Re: Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Post by dogen »

John D wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:57 pm
franc wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:11 am
Just a reminder -

December 15 is the day Hitch died.

Pause to contemplate, have a slug of scotch, a cigarette (even if you don't smoke) and jerk off over a fond memory from when you were 12.
I'm gonna skip on the last one, but otherwise yes. Fuckers here don't have JW black label. Red will do.
Ha! I just went out and bought a bottle of Schwarz-label Johnnie Walker (or SJW) specially to toast the Hitch!
Shit.... all I have in the house is Canadian Club.
For those in the USA, Total Wine is currently selling Oban Little Bay for $28 a bottle. Great price, great single malt.

dogen

Post by dogen »

John D wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:57 pm
franc wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:11 am
Just a reminder -

December 15 is the day Hitch died.

Pause to contemplate, have a slug of scotch, a cigarette (even if you don't smoke) and jerk off over a fond memory from when you were 12.
I'm gonna skip on the last one, but otherwise yes. Fuckers here don't have JW black label. Red will do.
Ha! I just went out and bought a bottle of Schwarz-label Johnnie Walker (or SJW) specially to toast the Hitch!
Shit.... all I have in the house is Canadian Club.
For those in the USA, Total Wine is currently selling Oban Little Bay for $28 a bottle. Great price, great single malt.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Are we sure Own Jones isn't a poe? I mean, "gay" and "stand behind" -- am I the only one sniggering like a schoolboy?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

AndrewV69 wrote:
23K to 65K per podcast. Wow.

https://graphtreon.com/creator/samharris

He could sort out PZs legal problems with a single episode. :lol:

Stripe and Paypal will be whirring into full kill mode for subscribestar.

Keating

Post by Keating »

One thing I wonder about PayPal is that it was a Theil and Musk project. Have they completely moved on so they no longer have any input at all? Theil in particular would probably be against this, I would have thought.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Some people advise contemplation before taking a scorched earth policy to Patreon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fUZPTOQLps

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ancient Chinese proverb says: “a greedy man preparing a schnitzel risks weavals”

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

A little tip for Christian bakeries.

Accept orders for cakes from gay bakers, but insist on payment by PayPal on Patreon.

And then you can blame PayPal or Patreon when PayPal or Patreon refuse to enact the transaction because a Christian bakery is not woke enough for them and they won't provide you with a service.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Peter Hitchens is a conspiracy theorist, and dumb as a post:
"True his parents say that he was a fan of ISIS, he was on a list of suspected people with ties to religious extremism, and religious extremists are known to target criminals to recruit with the promise that their sins will be cleansed with martyrdom, but he drank and used drugs, so he can't possibly be a muslim terrorist! Checkmate, atheist!"

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

free thoughtpolice wrote: PJ Watson is a strange individual. The salafi/jihadi want to throw gay people off of tall buildings not lock them up in cages.
As an allegedly gay dude you would think he would know that.
I think the "Locking in cages" means prison as he's referring to the Trevor Phillips report that found 52% of British Muslims thought homosexuality should be illegal in Britain.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... sharia-law

Not heard the PJW gay allegation before, where'd you get that from?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

This video won't embed but that won't stop the feminist fight against the Patriarchy , Brexit and the Government and er.. themselves.
Feminist Fight Club
Femme Feral is the queer fight club that takes no prisoners and holds nothing back. Founded by artists Phoebe Patey-Ferguson and Anna Smith in the dark days after Britain voted to leave the European Union, the group allows women and femme-identified people a space to scream, shout, and pummel each other...

https://video.vice.com/en_uk/video/broa ... 42a90f2ed7

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

shoutinghorse wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: PJ Watson is a strange individual. The salafi/jihadi want to throw gay people off of tall buildings not lock them up in cages.

I think the "Locking in cages" means prison as he's referring to the Trevor Phillips report that found 52% of British Muslims thought homosexuality should be illegal in Britain.

I'm guessing FTP was confusing Watson with Milo Yiannopoulis. Although "allegedly" is not the correct word with Milo.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

jugheadnaut wrote: I'm guessing FTP was confusing Watson with Milo Yiannopoulis. Although "allegedly" is not the correct word with Milo.
Perhaps 'broke' is more apt for Milo.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Seems like there may be a new option soon:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote: 23K to 65K per podcast. Wow.

https://graphtreon.com/creator/samharris

He could sort out PZs legal problems with a single episode. :lol:
Yup. And if Peez had written a proper book instead of dicking around for 6 years, he'd have the clout and cash to sort out his problems himself.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Kirbmarc wrote: Peter Hitchens is a conspiracy theorist, and dumb as a post:

https://twitter.com/ClarkeMicah/status/ ... 2379323392

"True his parents say that he was a fan of ISIS, he was on a list of suspected people with ties to religious extremism, and religious extremists are known to target criminals to recruit with the promise that their sins will be cleansed with martyrdom, but he drank and used drugs, so he can't possibly be a muslim terrorist! Checkmate, atheist!"
The desperate apologetics of a guy who was scared into believing the reality of God by a fucking painting :lol:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Ape+lust wrote: he desperate apologetics of a guy who was scared into believing the reality of God by a fucking painting
Sounds like Bosch to me.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote:
Ape+lust wrote: he desperate apologetics of a guy who was scared into believing the reality of God by a fucking painting
Sounds like Bosch to me.
Something, something, Vermeer, something.

(Too hung over to clever/witty)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote:

https://twitter.com/ClarkeMicah/status/ ... 2379323392

The desperate apologetics of a guy who was scared into believing the reality of God by a fucking painting :lol:
He's a complete retard about drugs, too:
Christopher took all the brains in the family.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

He has absolutely no clue about the jihadi mindset. Martyrdom in the name of jihad is a guaranteed ticket to heaven, no matter the amount of sins committed beforehand, or how wicked or blasphemous they might be. His reasoning is on the level of those imbeciles who think you can stop Isis types in their tracks by chucking pork as them, as if it were muslim kryptonite - ie, utterly ignorant.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

screwtape wrote: Seems like there may be a new option soon:

Good on them. If they pull this off, it's possible they could end up mogul-rich one day.

That'd make the Twitterati shit their britches, which would be lovely.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

The next step will be to teach that MtF trannies have periods. There's already a faction of them who insist they do.

What's scary is I think we're still a long way from Peak Stupid :shock:

https://i.imgur.com/Pi8FvLA.png

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/1 ... ansgender/

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Just so you know, Pit folks - Douglas Murray's The Strange Death of Europe is in the Kindle monthly deals for £2.75 at the moment (in the UK, at least - I'm not sure if these Kindle deals are international, but it might be worth checking out just in case). Nabbed mine earlier today.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:
He has absolutely no clue about the jihadi mindset. Martyrdom in the name of jihad is a guaranteed ticket to heaven, no matter the amount of sins committed beforehand, or how wicked or blasphemous they might be. His reasoning is on the level of those imbeciles who think you can stop Isis types in their tracks by chucking pork as them, as if it were muslim kryptonite - ie, utterly ignorant.
Or the morons who think that they can dissuade terrorists by burying them in pork fat. The Qutbist interpretation of islam which inspired ISIS and Al-Qaeda isn't very much concerned with the fate of the body after death in the case of martyrs.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote: Just so you know, Pit folks - Douglas Murray's The Strange Death of Europe is in the Kindle monthly deals for £2.75 at the moment (in the UK, at least - I'm not sure if these Kindle deals are international, but it might be worth checking out just in case). Nabbed mine earlier today.
You will need to have an account on .co.uk to buy this - you can't use your .com account.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Tigzy wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:23 am
Welp, my contribution but I am doubtful that it will help.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

'What is the Slymepit?' came up at WEIT's discussion of Godfrey Elfwick. I did my humble best to make us sound halfway respectable*:

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... nt-1685832

I'm sure Aneris will elaborate with a Wall O' Text.

* We aren't, of course.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tigzy wrote: Just so you know, Pit folks - Douglas Murray's The Strange Death of Europe is in the Kindle monthly deals for £2.75 at the moment (in the UK, at least - I'm not sure if these Kindle deals are international, but it might be worth checking out just in case). Nabbed mine earlier today.
£2.75? It cost me eleven!

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
"May I just say"
"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
"Can I just explain why you're wrong"
"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
"If I may be allowed to just say"
"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
"Okay then I'll just look at my phone"
"DON'T PATRONISE ME. REEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

"Yes stop patronising her" .... :lol: :doh: :lol:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ape+lust wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:35 am
The next step will be to teach that MtF trannies have periods. There's already a faction of them who insist they do.

What's scary is I think we're still a long way from Peak Stupid :shock:

https://i.imgur.com/Pi8FvLA.png

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/1 ... ansgender/
Yes, I saw that a couple of days ago via Christina Sommers and subsequently sitting here contemplating that this is probably yet another symptom. But of what exactly?

Anyway this reminds me of Point Deer Horse (指鹿為馬)

See Zhao Gao and/or Chinese Idiom: Point to a Deer and Call it a Horse (指鹿為馬) for what I suspect might be a partial explanation for what is going on.

Remember this?

To the best of my knowledge there was no public outcry when this happened.

No angry crowd with pitchforks and torches materialised to burn the University of Toronto down and salt the earth where it stood. No one was hung, drawn and quartered.

To date there are no heads on pikes anywhere. Indeed no one was tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail, much less dismissed and barred from teaching.

We live in interesting times?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

shoutinghorse wrote:

A colleague of his, Andrew Anglin revealed that "data point" as Brive would say.
https://dailystormer.name/infowars-does ... terrorism/
As I only have a single source, I did qualify it with "allegation", however you must admit that PJW wearing lipstick makes him suspect. :mrgreen:

free thoughtpolice

Faith Goldy lost her lawsuit against Bell Media for not airing her propaganda ads during her mayoral bid. That is $43,000 less she has to spend on collagen. Alas, those Godzillips may shrink away to nothing. :cry:
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/12/16/ ... d-lawsuit/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Like a diabetic sneaking pixie sticks, I keep peaking in at Patheos: Social Justice Non-Religious. Half the blogs seem to have been dormant for months and months. On a sad & slightly bizarre note, Pat Green, the Transparent, announced a hiatus from blogging due to him checking himself in for psychiatric treatment. Remember this is the defrocked minister cum taxicab driver cum fabulist / blogger/ trans white knight, with a transboy daughter and a burning desire to throat-punch transphobes (a.k.a., anyone who doesn't want to bang Dennis Riley.) Sounds like the dude is seriously fucked up:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/transpare ... th-stigma/

Only now he's back to blogging, having realized he has no job and needs to internet panhandle for 'coffee change'. And still fixating on Dolores O'Riordan -- not good.

In other news, the Not-So-Foxy Folklorist is teaching a seminar or something on white privilege. Cuz even a jewess can have white privilege, and who other than the humble FF is better suited to lead this exercise in self-indictment? Complete with yet another selfie of her irresistibly foxy mug.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

A colleague of his, Andrew Anglin revealed that "data point" as Brive would say.
As I only have a single source, I did qualify it with "allegation", however you must admit that PJW wearing lipstick makes him suspect. :mrgreen:
Your use of DS is a data point for an entirely different argument.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Faith Goldy lost her lawsuit against Bell Media for not airing her propaganda ads during her mayoral bid. That is $43,000 less she has to spend on collagen. Alas, those Godzillips may shrink away to nothing. :cry:
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/12/16/ ... d-lawsuit/
Dismissed with costs on jurisdictional grounds. Not quite Cannae.

Your glee with media deplatforming is a whisker away from SJWism. Curious.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

For anyone vaguely interested in the intersection of regressive left and commercial power ...

This is the law in Canada:

http://i.imgur.com/GYNJizN.jpg

Goldy had paid for legitimate advertising based on her law and order campaign. Bell had of course accepted the materiial.

Then at the 11th hour (before the election) Bell reneged. Despite the law. The Broadcast Commission is a time consuming process of whose result would would post-date the election. Convenient.

In desperation Goldy went to the courts to have the law upheld in a meaningful timeframe. Said court decided the pointless commission process should stand. Despite acknowledging it could assume jurisdiction. Which was of course Bells timing tactic all along. And Goldy should pay for her temerity.

Needless to say Goldy didn’t get her mandated advertising, but despite being deplatformed still pulled in a distant third in a packed field.

Quite the regressive liberal democracy.

This is the scenario FTP is PA celebrating.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Got a link to the ruling, Brive? I'm curious about Bell Media's claim that "they feared they’d be breaking the law by spreading hateful messages on the basis of race" and what exactly in FG's ads they thought might be illegal.

Canada's got some fucked up laws now as to what constitutes illegal hate speech, but this seems yet another instance of protecting free speech so long as it's pre-approved speech, not mention only allowing pre-approved candidates to run for office. There's only one way that plays out.

mugabe.jpg
(427.3 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

There are paper hats and streamers if anyone wants to join in.

On the other hand - the election doesn't really hold much significance outside Canada - or really Toronto. Failed political candidates are tomorrows fish wrappings - sometimes they even get written about in newspapers.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

shoutinghorse wrote: Not heard the PJW gay allegation before, where'd you get that from?
FFS, it's standard Daily Stormer MO to call any white man who isn't a full-on white supremacist a cuck or a homo. When I did some quick googling to see if your claimed 'allegation' held any water, I came across the Stormer reference, but couldn't believe you'd actually use this stealthily. I guess I underestimated you. This, however, is the second data point that, just like DS, your first move is to use gaybaiting on public figures you disagree with. In a similar vein, what evidence do you have that Andrew Anglin is a colleague of PJW? Or can you really not see gradations between the likes of Watson and neo-Nazis? Just another reminder that everything you say needs to be read with the skepticism dial set to 11.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

free thoughtpolice wrote: As I only have a single source, I did qualify it with "allegation", however you must admit that PJW wearing lipstick makes him suspect. :mrgreen:
Hmmm! That got me thinking, same name, never been seen in the same room together?

Jekyll & Hyde :?

https://i.imgur.com/G6lGC3K.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/k3onTlp.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
You aren't a very good mind reader (you have it wrong about what I'm "celebrating") and as usual you know shit about Canada or the law in Canada, mind you apparently neither does that bimbo Faith Goldy and whatever dumbass lawyer she hired.
The broadcast arm of the CRTC doesn't have the power to force a broadcaster to run ads, and neither does the courts. The CRTC can only note the complaints it receives and file it for the next time their licence comes up for review. The civil court can't even do that.
Goldy only ran for mayor to get more attention to herself. She undoubtedly knew she had no chance of winning regardless of the amount of advertising she could buy. At best, her trying to sue Bell Media got her as much or more through media coverage than the somewhat less than the $100k her legal stunt cost her.
Hey, we're talking about it now.
This wasn't "regressive liberal democracy" in action. The government and courts didn't tell anyone what to do here. This was a decision by a purely capitalist corporation that made a business decision that you don't like and you want the government to overturn.
Are you actually a socialist comrade Brive? You seem to not like free enterprise. :P

free thoughtpolice

Jugheadnaut wrote:
FFS, it's standard Daily Stormer MO to call any white man who isn't a full-on white supremacist a cuck or a homo. When I did some quick googling to see if your claimed 'allegation' held any water, I came across the Stormer reference, but couldn't believe you'd actually use this stealthily. I guess I underestimated you. This, however, is the second data point that, just like DS, your first move is to use gaybaiting on public figures you disagree with. In a similar vein, what evidence do you have that Andrew Anglin is a colleague of PJW? Or can you really not see gradations between the likes of Watson and neo-Nazis? Just another reminder that everything you say needs to be read with the skepticism dial set to 11.
Think I was just joking? :P

free thoughtpolice

And here is 2 dumb cunts for the price of one.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Got a link to the ruling, Brive? I'm curious about Bell Media's claim that "they feared they’d be breaking the law by spreading hateful messages on the basis of race" and what exactly in FG's ads they thought might be illegal.

Canada's got some fucked up laws now as to what constitutes illegal hate speech, but this seems yet another instance of protecting free speech so long as it's pre-approved speech, not mention only allowing pre-approved candidates to run for office. There's only one way that plays out.

mugabe.jpg
I’ll have a look. They did only got to preliminary argument before the judge called jurisdiction. It had taken Faith a week or two to raise money and lawyer up.

Bell’s SJW infused Gish gallop is summarised here:
https://nationalpost.com/news/bell-beli ... -documents

Despite zero conventional exposure, she came in third with 25,000 votes.

The actual benign advert is this one:

Totally consistent with her platform which is still available here:
https://www.faithfortoronto.ca/about

Ie Bell’s case had absolutely nothing to do with the content, resting instead on “youz be Nazi” and driven by virtue signalling and a flavour of repressive-liberal political bias.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote: There are paper hats and streamers if anyone wants to join in.

On the other hand - the election doesn't really hold much significance outside Canada - or really Toronto. Failed political candidates are tomorrows fish wrappings - sometimes they even get written about in newspapers.
Unlike the events in an elevator in Dublin eh? Principles man. It’s all we have left to us.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive wrote:
You aren't a very good mind reader (you have it wrong about what I'm "celebrating") and as usual you know shit about Canada or the law in Canada, mind you apparently neither does that bimbo Faith Goldy and whatever dumbass lawyer she hired.
The broadcast arm of the CRTC doesn't have the power to force a broadcaster to run ads, and neither does the courts. The CRTC can only note the complaints it receives and file it for the next time their licence comes up for review. The civil court can't even do that.
Goldy only ran for mayor to get more attention to herself. She undoubtedly knew she had no chance of winning regardless of the amount of advertising she could buy. At best, her trying to sue Bell Media got her as much or more through media coverage than the somewhat less than the $100k her legal stunt cost her.
Hey, we're talking about it now.
This wasn't "regressive liberal democracy" in action. The government and courts didn't tell anyone what to do here. This was a decision by a purely capitalist corporation that made a business decision that you don't like and you want the government to overturn.
Are you actually a socialist comrade Brive? You seem to not like free enterprise. :P
Don’t be a rude bear.

Goldy sued because she had a signed contract. Some sort of tort.

The judge ruled that he could in fact tell Bell what to do. If he wanted to.

He didn’t. Because waiting to pull the plug two days before an election to thwart the appeals process clearly isn’t “an emergency”. I assume only political advertising that would save the lives of small babies qualifies.

http://i.imgur.com/BECB0Eo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lg0DMob.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:

Unlike the events in an elevator in Dublin eh? Principles man. It’s all we have left to us.
The boundaries for that particular incident were (or should have been) even more restricted. Of interest to only those there at the time, and possibly the conference organisers.

But this parallel seems more like a tangent.

In any case the Canadian Bear has more insight into the situation than me - and has already said his piece.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

These are the rules that Bell were required to play by. Rules set by an independent public regulatory body.

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/television/publicit/pol.htm

Bell accepted money and signed a contract and then pulled the plug in a tactically timely fashion.

Is this the standard you want to operate to?

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
She was all over the main stream news in Canada because of Bell refusing to air her adverts. Before this she had next to 0 interest. If anything she got some relatively cheap exposure from the whole thing and likely gained a lot of sympathy out of it. Her share of the vote went from about 1% to over 3% in that time period. She got more free advertising from the lawsuit than she could have ever afforded on her own.
I assume you got the notion that she got zero conventional exposure from Ghouldy herself, because if you actually had been monitoring Canadian media yourself you would know that is bullshit. That is why I have in the past suggested that if you want accurate information about what happens in Canada don't count on getting it from Southern and Goldy.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

The boundaries for that particular incident were (or should have been) even more restricted. Of interest to only those there at the time, and possibly the conference organisers.

In any case the Canadian Bear has more insight into the situation than me - and has already said his piece.
Elevator-gate denial. Well I never. Who at the Pit has the Dublin based authority to comment?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Elevator-gate denial. Well I never. :think:

Who at the Pit has the Dublin based authority to comment?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

She was all over the main stream news in Canada because of Bell refusing to air her adverts. Before this she had next to 0 interest. If anything she got some relatively cheap exposure from the whole thing and likely gained a lot of sympathy out of it. Her share of the vote went from about 1% to over 3% in that time period. She got more free advertising from the lawsuit than she could have ever afforded on her own.
I assume you got the notion that she got zero conventional exposure from Ghouldy herself, because if you actually had been monitoring Canadian media yourself you would know that is bullshit. That is why I have in the past suggested that if you want accurate information about what happens in Canada don't count on getting it from Southern and Goldy.
The key word was “conventional”.

free thoughtpolice

I wonder if Goldy was breaking election rules by continuing to post videos as a pretend journalist during the time she was running for office?
On-air personalities as candidates
On-air personalities are people who are seen or heard on radio, TV or community programming channels. Even if the person's voice is only heard as a commercial announcer, that person is still considered to be an on-air personality.

If an on-air personality becomes a candidate in a municipal, provincial or federal political election, his/her on-air duties must stop during the election period, as this term is defined in the guidelines, or on the date his/her candidacy is announced, whichever is later.
The election policy states that broadcasters must provide equitable access to all political candidates. In the case of a municipal election, equitable coverage does not formally begin until two months before the date of the election. This policy also applies to federal, provincial and municipal referenda.

In these cases, on-air personalities who become candidates must go off the air. On-air personalities enjoy unique public exposure, and broadcasters aren't able to offer other candidates similar on-air opportunities.

free thoughtpolice

Yes the keyword was conventional. The conventional media such as TV, newspapers, radio, and internet news sites gave Goldy more coverage than she had ever received during the election. As usual someone (probably Goldy) lied about how much exposure she received and you swallowed the lie hook line and sinker.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: Elevator-gate denial. Well I never. :think:

Who at the Pit has the Dublin based authority to comment?
I'm of the opinion that many things can be sorted out more effectively at a local level. And that in the case of Watson her influence well exceeded her abilities at the time of the event (less so as time goes on thank goodness). I'm not sure how this is a denial of anything.

People at the pit can and will say just about anything they care to - which I hope answers your question about who has what authority to say what, and where and when.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Yes the keyword was conventional. The conventional media such as TV, newspapers, radio, and internet news sites gave Goldy more coverage than she had ever received during the election. As usual someone (probably Goldy) lied about how much exposure she received and you swallowed the lie hook line and sinker.
Commercial announcer?

When did her gig with Rebel end? When was she deplatformed from Patreon?

Even Bell, in their desperate application of broad brush strokes didn’t bend that bow recognising it as fools gold. :)

Ok I’ll spell it out “conventional”. Though I’d wager you are clever enough to know the distinction.

Goldy had a defined message and brand ready to roll via traditional (ie MSM) channels. This was obviously a vital cog in a broad based public political campaign. SM only goes so far. This messaging is tightly managed and very directed.

Goldy was denied this right and this kneecapped her ability to project positive public messaging. Instead she got Streisand Effect residual which connected her to bullshit negative narratives. Some gain, but probably a lot of loss relative to conventional approaches.

There was a tactical, as well as an ideological, driver behind the advertising, reporting and debate deplatforming. Not only did it starve the campaign of oxygen but it also allowed her opponents to define the story.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: <snip>

Don’t be a rude bear.

Goldy sued because she had a signed contract. Some sort of tort.

The judge ruled that he could in fact tell Bell what to do. If he wanted to.

He didn’t. Because waiting to pull the plug two days before an election to thwart the appeals process clearly isn’t “an emergency”. I assume only political advertising that would save the lives of small babies qualifies.
And polar bears and baby seals ...
Shorter: "I hold that the SC would have residual jurisdiction"? Bit of an unnecessary mouthful. And maybe some evidence of John Stuart Mill's "tyranny of the magistrate".
"The foregoing has been a paid political announcement. We now return you to our regular scheduled programming" ... ;-)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Maybe more accurately:

Not only did it starve the campaign of oxygen deny Goldy the initiative ....

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

The 'dumbass lawyer' was Clayton Ruby, member of the Order of Canada and Canada's most highly regarded constitional and civil rights lawyer, who takes clients from all over the political spectrum, including the very left wing Adbusters. Who is it that doesn't know shit about the law in Canada?
free thoughtpolice wrote: The broadcast arm of the CRTC doesn't have the power to force a broadcaster to run ads, and neither does the courts.
I think the original ruling by the court during the election, that they would not intervene and that due process was through the CRTC, was lamentably the correct one under current case law, although I would dispute that they didn't have the power, as they have broad discretion under the Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms in public interest standing cases like this. The latest ruling was on the loser pays provision, which is discretionary in Canada. Personally, I think Goldy's challenge was legitimate and the Judge's reasoning on assignment of court costs very weak, stating he found no reason to believe she couldn't find expeditious satisfaction with a CRTC dispute. His awarding of costs seems to rely more on "orange woman bad' feelz than anything else.

I can't see how anyone who believes in free speech wouldn't find this case disturbing: political ads were rejected after prior agreement to carry them, not based on objectionable content, but based on protest letters from political enemies. Here, by the way, is the ad. Completely anodyne.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Think I was just joking? :P
The only joke here is you. You make circa-2004 Daily Kos posts seem temperate, judicious, and well-informed.