Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Old subthreads
CaptainFluffyBunny

Re: Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote: I’m not seeing slut shaming in the original tweet. Just a low value troll that doesn’t approach the heights of “stepfather” digs let alone religious zealotry.

I don't think you really are getting it. That's sorta funny too.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Civic to a fault. We can at least take comfort that it’s not like they believe that book’s literal truth or anything.

It’s just a crazy Mideast Deuteronomy isn’t it?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I’m not seeing slut shaming in the original tweet. Just a low value troll that doesn’t approach the heights of “stepfather” digs let alone religious zealotry.

https..://twitter.com/anonymousq17763/status/1081085429401690118?s=21
By all means, spell the nuance out. Is it a breakfast club jibe I’m missing?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:

No.

No.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:

Civic to a fault. We can at least take comfort that it’s not like they believe that book’s literal truth or anything.

Didn't you join the Church of England to own the libs? Or was it real jesus conversion, TBH, I can never tell.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Meh. Can’t be important then. Glad I brought humour into your day.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote: https..://twitter.com/buzzman888/status/1081194927797735424?s=21

Didn't you join the Church of England to own the libs? Or was it real jesus conversion, TBH, I can never tell.
No.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:

In America scientology is a recognized religion with religious protections and privileges.

They also have plenty of Christian nutjobs sitting in Congress.

Tlaib isn't even the first muslim representative to swear on the Qu'ran.

On the flip side freedom of speech is much better protected in the US than in most of the world.

Ideally there'd be no swearing on holy books for public officials (since, you know, they're supposed to serve the public, not just their religious interests).

In the trade off between religious oaths and no blasphemy laws or increasingly restrictive "hate speech" laws, America still comes up on top.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Is there an example of Trump making a public exhortation of this nature? Before or after his presidency ..... ?

"Lock her up" "Because you'd be in jail" "The press is the enemy of the people". Saying that Pelosi was sympathetic to Mexican gangbangers.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The term is “came up trumps”. Maybe it sticks in your craw?

I don’t have an answer, but it’s intriguing watching the liberties that once operated in a culturally self regulated bubble swirl destructively about. ‘Muh constitution’ is an effective duck - until it’s not. Patriot Act.

Speaking of destructive narratives, this is an effective put down of one such line together with a nice swipe at FBI “hate crime” statistics which are beloved of some here abouts

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Is there an example of Trump making a public exhortation of this nature? Before or after his presidency ..... ?

"Lock her up" "Because you'd be in jail" "The press is the enemy of the people". Saying that Pelosi was sympathetic to Mexican gangbangers.
“Because you’d be in gaol” vs “impeach the mother-fucker”.

Yeah. Identical.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:

Not really.

This article from 'Red State' (a reasonably conservative source I would think) may provide some background context - as to how out-of-context and ineffective some of the criticisms are:

https://www.redstate.com/prevaila/2019/ ... ng-levels/

Or this tweet - if you want a summary you could put on a bumper sticker:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

“Because you’d be in gaol” vs “impeach the mother-fucker”.

Yeah. Identical.
Both are threats of legal consequences for a political opponent. Or is it the "motherfucker" part that is what you object to?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oh the dancing dig was completely weak tea. Though I suspect it’s the MSM / left that produced the most foam and spittle as a consequence.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Public service for anyone as clueless as I am about the Syrian conflict: (disclaimer, after watching it you may be even more confused).

Frankly, I think the only real hope for the middle east is to nuke it from orbit and start over.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Hunt wrote: Public service for anyone as clueless as I am about the Syrian conflict: (disclaimer, after watching it you may be even more confused).

Frankly, I think the only real hope for the middle east is to nuke it from orbit and start over.
The video is mostly correct, but it HEAVILY downplays the role of Sunni theocratic regimes in financing Salafi groups like Al-Nusra AND ISIS, along with the US ambiguity towards the clearly pro-Salafi behavior of Saudi/Qatari allies. Also there's no mention of the very important Saudi/Qatari split, with Qatar getting relatively closer to Iran, angering the KSA, and stopping the flow of Qatari money to Syrian Salafi militias. The Saudi/Qatari split is one of the reasons why several Salafi militias started to lose ground. And there's not even a single line about Israel's role in supporting anti-Assad, anti-Hezbollah militias.

Basically, to simply, here's how things are NOW:

Turkey backs Salafi militias in Idlib, but they're more interested in keeping the Kurds at bay, if not crushing them utterly

Iran heavily backs Assad

Russia heavily backs Assad

the Gulf countries are still financing several mostly Salafi anti-Assad militias, but are starting to think that this might be a lost cause in some areas and mostly rely on Turkey keeping boots on the ground in Northern Syria

the Syrian Kurds are largely on their own, especially after the US left the field.

ISIS has been pummeled to the ground and is basically dead as a fighting force, but they're of course still dangerous as a terrorist group.

There some further wrinkles:

the Iraqi Kurds have carved out their own autonomous region and have more or less made a deal with the Iraqi Shia to NOT help the Syrian Kurds in exchange of being left alone. The Iraqi Kurds are also very much conservative while the Syrian Kurds are a weird mix of left-anarchists groups.

Turkey under Erdogan is becoming much more conservative and reactionary, and Salafi influence is spreading in the country. Still, the main objective of the Turkish forces is to crush the Syrian Kurds to prevent an uprising by Kurds in Turkey.

Israel isn't happy with the idea of Iran scoring a big victory in Syria and emboldening Hezbollah, so they hope to drag on the Syrian Civil War to have the Shia militias exhaust themselves.

Russia hopes to come to a compromise with Turkey and to put Assad back in power so they can disengage and concentrare more on other issues, like the Ukraine.

the US have largely left the country and it's not clear what they'll eventually do.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Hunt wrote: Public service for anyone as clueless as I am about the Syrian conflict: (disclaimer, after watching it you may be even more confused).

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFpanWNgfQY

I have a policy not to have anything to do with Vox. They appear to have an ongoing struggle with reality.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Brive1987 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:52 pm

Nb the “Trump infamously ..” bit was an editorial injection by HuffPo attempting to make Nancy less crazy than she is.
So they mitigated the crazy by injecting a lie then.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Brive1987 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 pm
Driftless wrote:
WTF

I was in a bar once with a co-worker from the UK (Wales actually). Girl in bar, excitedly: "Are you from Australia?". This was in the mid 80's so I'm thinking it was the Crocodile Dundee era.

Mookie

Post by Mookie »

Am I the only one old enough to remember when PZ wrote intelligently? That even if you disagreed you could appreciate the way he stated his case?

Now he writes boiler-plate like a virtue-signaling "ethical (meat-eating) vegetarian" middle schooler. It was as if he went supernova and, along with his skill, the bulk of his entourage was blown away, leaving only a core of the most pathetic, wretched, uber-intersectionalist, anti-semitic followers, for whom he now has to pander. White cis men are the "worst people in the world." Atheist women of color are goddesses. Huge muscular men identifying as women and dominating girls' sports is just fine. Any slight deviation from dogma and you are dubbed a racist, TERF, Nazi.

What a repulsive creature he has become, without even the saving grace of having something interesting to say.

I don't know about you, but I don't actually believe that he believes half of what he writes. He is writing, I suspect, solely for the transient rush of being validated.

And all of can be traced to that fateful moment when he had a Sophie's choice between his dream girl RW and his man-crush Dawkins, and he let his smaller brain make the choice. It might have been worth it if he got the girl, but you have to believe she views him as nothing more than a cuckold.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Not to re-write history - but there was some half-hearted back-peddling on his blog at first - before he saw where things were heading.

Mookie

Post by Mookie »

MarcusAu wrote: Not to re-write history - but there was some half-hearted back-peddling on his blog at first - before he saw where things were heading.
The last time he tried was here. After the shit storm, what was left of his manhood and integrity was last seen floating down the Mississippi.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Mookie wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:45 am
Am I the only one old enough to remember when PZ wrote intelligently? That even if you disagreed you could appreciate the way he stated his case?

Now he writes boiler-plate like a virtue-signaling "ethical (meat-eating) vegetarian" middle schooler. It was as if he went supernova and, along with his skill, the bulk of his entourage was blown away, leaving only a core of the most pathetic, wretched, uber-intersectionalist, anti-semitic followers, for whom he now has to pander. White cis men are the "worst people in the world." Atheist women of color are goddesses. Huge muscular men identifying as women and dominating girls' sports is just fine. Any slight deviation from dogma and you are dubbed a racist, TERF, Nazi.

What a repulsive creature he has become, without even the saving grace of having something interesting to say.

I don't know about you, but I don't actually believe that he believes half of what he writes. He is writing, I suspect, solely for the transient rush of being validated.

And all of can be traced to that fateful moment when he had a Sophie's choice between his dream girl RW and his man-crush Dawkins, and he let his smaller brain make the choice. It might have been worth it if he got the girl, but you have to believe she views him as nothing more than a cuckold.
That was back in the days when the Regreta style angry atheist was in vogue and it was considered necessary to meet creationists with as much scorn and contempt as could be mustered. PZ was as dishonest as fuck then too, only it didn't show as much because not many people looked behind the curtain. People didn't bother too much with verification as PZ was perceived as a sciencey guy, a man of intellectual integrity. The fact that the opposition were generally slippery sophists helped. You can, or could if a lot of his old Scienceblogs posts hadn't been memoryholed, find instances where he played fast and loose with the truth and doubled down when called on it. There was always a trickle of readers leaving in disgust, but they were seldom given any credence.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote:

Yeah.

Apropos of, hot off the press at WEIT, although Coyne may have some questionable & untenable biases:
New Muslim congresswomen favor eliminating Israel

The two new Muslim congresswomen, Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar, are both supporters of the BDS movement, and both made that clear only after they were elected.

BDS’s goal is not just to ostensibly punish Israel into negotiating a two-state solution with Palestine (of course, it’s the Palestinians who have rejected every Israeli peace initiative), but to completely eliminate the state of Israel through allowing the bogus “right-of-return” policy as well as fostering a “one-state” solution that amalgamates Israel and Palestine. Both, of course, would eliminate the state of Israel and lead to a bloody war against the Jews. Ergo the BDS slogan, “From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free.” ....
Interesting quote of Tlaib:
My grandfather said, ‘I don’t understand, we were doing so good. My neighborhood, Arab-Jew. We picked olives together. Why now do they want to be over me?’ ‘You did nothing wrong,’ I told him.
Another case of judging or characterizing an entire group by a frequently small segment of it, although the "flaw" is present in many other situations. No doubt there are some "problematic" aspects to the creation of Israel - see The contested centenary of Britain’s ‘calamitous promise’, the "promise" being the Balfour Declaration - and a great deal of room for improvement. But hard not to see that creation as the only viable solution - in general - to the "Jewish Question". No doubt many other minorities have been getting it in the neck for millennia, but the case of "the wandering Jew" seems to have some unique aspects to it.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Brive1987 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:16 pm

There is nothing more satisfying than consequence free invective.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Indeed. Would certainly have my vote - in case you might not have noticed my similar calls on the same theme ... ;-)

Periodically think "we" should sell arms to all of them there in the ME and then, after they've slaughtered each other, shoot the last man standing. All the West seems to be doing, more or less, is flip-flopping about in supporting one side then another - and sometimes both at the same time as was Obama's policy & "legacy" - in a virtually intractable and interminable sectarian war that's been going on for some 1400 years. ICYMI, an interesting PBS/Frontline documentary: Bitter Rivals: Iran and Saudi Arabia

A pox on all their houses and sects; piss be upon both the Quran and Muhammed. Some profoundly "problematic" aspects to Islam - notably its fatalism, something which it may share with Coyne's predilection for determinism, and its rejection of reason. Although one might suggest that there are, maybe, a few credible aspects to Islamic "theology"; see: Viewpoint: The Pope Has a Point, and Does Islam Flout Reason? Why the Pope's Case Is a Flimsy One (If anyone here has a subscription to Time magazine, I'd appreciate a PDF of the first one as I only have a photocopy.)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFpanWNgfQY
I have a policy not to have anything to do with Vox. They appear to have an ongoing struggle with reality.
LoL - indeed. Though there seems to be a lot of that about these days, even if there is maybe, arguably, less than there was in days of yore. As Mookie just recently put it and reasonably well:
White cis men are the "worst people in the world." Atheist women of color are goddesses. Huge muscular men identifying as women and dominating girls' sports is just fine. Any slight deviation from dogma and you are dubbed a racist, TERF, Nazi.
Maybe the result of the noxious "flowering" of post-modernism, and, as Pinker put it in a Higher Ed (paywalled) article, "The Intellectual War on Science", waged mostly though not exclusively by the Left.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Mookie wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Not to re-write history - but there was some half-hearted back-peddling on his blog at first - before he saw where things were heading.
The last time he tried was here. After the shit storm, what was left of his manhood and integrity was last seen floating down the Mississippi.
Myers? Your regular reminder he used to be a Pat Condell Fanboi?
MWSnap005 2019-01-05, 21_03_10.jpg
(7.12 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
MWSnap005 2019-01-05, 21_03_10.jpg
(7.12 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Attachments
MWSnap009 2019-01-05, 21_05_56.jpg
(65.02 KiB) Downloaded 296 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

of all the things I love about that post... the non-binary fashion ensemble is #1.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

DW Adams wrote: 1.
I stand corrected. Trump must have been pissed that his directed verbal appeal to implicit aggression elicited laughter at his joke.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Nb the “Trump infamously ..” bit was an editorial injection by HuffPo attempting to make Nancy less crazy than she is.
No. It was editorial injection of inaccurate comparisons (private convos, some occurring pre-seeking office) in an attempt to throw smoke over Pelosi’s claim.

A like for like comparison would be if Trump, an an elected official, had said of Clinton “lock the motherfucker up”. Preferably with an appropriate snarl.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

https://www.narcity.com/ca/on/toronto/n ... arrassment
Faith Goldy's New Merchandise Sales To Help Her Raise Money Are So Low They're Giving Us Second Hand Embarrassment
Alas, not only is Faith selling very little merch, but she apparently used the images on them without proper permission. It looks like she may have trouble raising the $43k to pay for her failed court case. :cry:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Brive1987 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:29 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

No. It was editorial injection of inaccurate comparisons (private convos, some occurring pre-seeking office) in an attempt to throw smoke over Pelosi’s claim.

A like for like comparison would be if Trump, an an elected official, had said of Clinton “lock the motherfucker up”. Preferably with an appropriate snarl.
The pussy grabbing bit is a lie clung to with a death grip by the one-eyed.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

The chemical weapons attacks on civilians are by Assad's forces, despite what they, and the army of useful moron Putinbots on social media, say.

Unless people actually believe the hundreds of chemical weapon attacks are "false flags".

Apart from that, there are no real good guys, although the Kurds are better than most. The Western influence in the conflict is massively overplayed by the Putinbots and "anti-war" loons. Putin wants the "West" to help fund the billions in reconstruction. He can fuck off. It is his war.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: https://www.narcity.com/ca/on/toronto/n ... arrassment
Faith Goldy's New Merchandise Sales To Help Her Raise Money Are So Low They're Giving Us Second Hand Embarrassment
Alas, not only is Faith selling very little merch, but she apparently used the images on them without proper permission. It looks like she may have trouble raising the $43k to pay for her failed court case. :cry:
She raised thousands in quick time before GoFundMe did that thing they do. And closed her down.

You must be outraged at this affront and surely bristle at any hint you side with the regressive “progressives”.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Ah yes. I remember now that video analysis.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: https://www.narcity.com/ca/on/toronto/n ... arrassment
I see the website you quote is full of bullshit.
and being ordered to pay a fine,
A funny way to describe “costs”, but one that adds some ideological spin to the story.

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
A funny way to describe “costs”, but one that adds some ideological spin to the story.
Maybe the writer used the UN definition of fine; the financial penalty meted out by a court.
How deceptive. Far worse than describing non-violent demographic change as genocide and using a racial modifier (white) to get extra mileage out of it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ah. The regressive progressive in full flight. You had the opportunity to clarify that of course Faith shouldn’t be shoehorned into increasingly marginal revenue raising strategies - regardless of your opinion of her. But tribal affiliation kicked in.

It’s never “I have no colours” - but rather the colours you wear that count.

Just out of interest, is “Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group“ violence? :mrgreen:

In any case, we all know that two wongs don’t make a white. ;)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:
She raised thousands in quick time before GoFundMe did that thing they do. And closed her down.

You must be outraged at this affront and surely bristle at any hint you side with the regressive “progressives”.
I don't side with the regressive far left and their crusade to silence people they disagree with. As a capitalist and having had businesses before I wouldn't deny the rights of businesses like the cake shop that didn't want to bake gay cakes or GoFundMe when they decided to change their business plan to not funding campaigns to finance litigants in lawsuits in 2015, ironically because of the homophobic bakers.
The liberal me says that this is unfair, the conservative libertarian capitalist me says that I shouldn't be forced to provide services to people if I feel it is destructive to my business. I realize you like her, but she has really fucked herself with her cozying up with the neo-nazis and such. She is toxic product that I wouldn't want have anything to do with if I were running a putative charity where reputation is a life or death proposition.
Interesting what she said about Spencer now. Probably she has realized she fucked up and doesn't want to be thought of as a malignant kook by all but a very few.

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
Just out of interest, is “Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group“ violence? :mrgreen:
You think that policies of Canada are "intended" to prevent white people from procreating in Canada?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive wrote:
You think that policies of Canada are "intended" to prevent white people from procreating in Canada?
Not explicitly. But are you going to answer my question?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

I don't side with the regressive far left and their crusade to silence people they disagree with. As a capitalist and having had businesses before I wouldn't deny the rights of businesses like the cake shop that didn't want to bake gay cakes or GoFundMe when they decided to change their business plan to not funding campaigns to finance litigants in lawsuits in 2015, ironically because of the homophobic bakers.
The liberal me says that this is unfair, the conservative libertarian capitalist me says that I shouldn't be forced to provide services to people if I feel it is destructive to my business. I realize you like her, but she has really fucked herself with her cozying up with the neo-nazis and such. She is toxic product that I wouldn't want have anything to do with if I were running a putative charity where reputation is a life or death proposition.
Interesting what she said about Spencer now. Probably she has realized she fucked up and doesn't want to be thought of as a malignant kook by all but a very few.
I accept you can’t see the Goldy POV/forest for the trees.

The standard solution to the bakers dilemma is to say they have the right to refuse business and lose it to a more capitalist inclined competitor.

The issue with PayPal / Patreon / GoFundMe is that there isn’t competition, they are working as a form of trust along ideological lines.

This is regressive and not something to support. Even when directed at Goldy.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:54 pm
Brive wrote:
Whites in Canukistan were not (and still are not) reproducing enough to satisfy current requirements for our pyramid schemes (pension plans etc.) and other entitlements.

As an aside:

The 1995 Quebec independence referendum (2nd one) failed with just under 51% voted No. There has been no talk of another one since.

There was a lot of anguish and agony displayed because the number of "pure laine" was declining relative to the population, and the feeling was it was pointless to hold yet another referendum.

Anyway,

I have not looked recently and do not remember what the stats were, but I have met plenty of Canadians in my age group with zero kids, or their kids failed to reproduce.

Basically, as the white population declines, the associated culture is disappearing before my eyes, in my lifetime. Ya, I know adopt the "values" and everything will be fine.

I dunno how to express this. I will be sad to see Christmas decline and disappear. I do not celebrate Christmas. But I will be sad to see it go.

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
The issue with PayPal / Patreon / GoFundMe is that there isn’t competition, they are working as a form of trust along ideological lines.
Then create a business that will give them competition. You will create a base to fund raise for unpopular speech.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote: <snip>

The liberal me says that this is unfair, the conservative libertarian capitalist me says that I shouldn't be forced to provide services to people if I feel it is destructive to my business. ....
So you would be ok with a restaurant turning away blacks but not whites? Or vice versa? Or is there, perchance, a "spectrum" of attributes that we can discriminate against? Race is verboten but sexual predilections is fair game? I can see that some bakers might be a bit uncomfortable decorating cakes with pornographic images, but don't recollect that that was the basis of the related court case.
free thoughtpolice wrote: I realize you like her, but she has really fucked herself with her cozying up with the neo-nazis and such. She is toxic product that I wouldn't want have anything to do with if I were running a putative charity where reputation is a life or death proposition.

But seems kind of moot how "intimate" her "cozying up" really was, whether it was just a "one-night stand", or more like a "marriage of true minds". So to speak.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Then create a business that will give them competition. You will create a base to fund raise for unpopular speech.
SubscribeStar.

:bjarte:

Looks like we have to wait for JP to fill the awkward gap. I wonder how one gets a payment / bank licence?

free thoughtpolice

Steersman wrote:
So you would be ok with a restaurant turning away blacks but not whites? Or vice versa? Or is there, perchance, a "spectrum" of attributes that we can discriminate against? Race is verboten but sexual predilections is fair game? I can see that some bakers might be a bit uncomfortable decorating cakes with pornographic images, but don't recollect that that was the basis of the related court case.
I wouldn't be OK with the denial of service on an equal basis. If they demand you change your product or demand services that aren't in your business plan, that is a different matter.
You aren't going "liberal" on me are you Steers? :drool:

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:
SubscribeStar.

Looks like we have to wait for JP to fill the awkward gap. I wonder how one gets a payment / bank licence?
If your business proposal is dodgy you are fucked.

CaptainFluffyBunny

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:20 pm
Brive1987 wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

WTF are you talking about? Are you really denying he said it?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:
SubscribeStar.

If your business proposal is dodgy you are fucked.
The trick is simultaneously building PayPal, Patreon and an ISP service. Possibly a hosting service as well. And a bank.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:52 pm
Brive wrote:
Actually, from what I hear it is not as simple as that. It is not enough to have your own version of Visa or Mastercard. You need to also ensure that your access to a global payment processing company will not be severed.

Top 10 payment processing companies in the world

They mention Paypal, Due, Stripe, Flagship Merchant Services, Payline Data, Square, Adyen, BitPay, GoCardless and Cayan. How many of these guys have you heard of before?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Pretty sure I have mentioned this before, so here we go again.

Myself and four brothers have produced 21 children. Current count of grand children is four. Only one has been infected (she caught it at University) with the white man bad, etc. etc. etc. (but meanwhile her boyfriends are and always have been white male Canukistans).

Compare this number, 21 sprogs to any five Canadians selected at random. My guess is that the best you will get a maximum count of ten or 11.

This is going to change the proportions in the population mix, and subsequently the culture, the power structure, economics, politics, *business practises etc. etc. etc. All of these things will change with it.

* One fellow I know was astounded that a guy who was stealing from the store he worked at was rewarded with his own store to manage (family owned chain) and then there was another fellow who boasted that his son tried to cheat him in a business deal. I could go on. But you get the picture.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: I accept you can’t see the Goldy POV/forest for the trees.

The standard solution to the bakers dilemma is to say they have the right to refuse business and lose it to a more capitalist inclined competitor.

This is regressive and not something to support. Even when directed at Goldy.
It's no great hardship to say that you support the free speech or financial non-de-platforming of someone you (largely) agree with.

But if it was someone like Andrew Anglin (of Daily Stormer fame) rather than Goldie would the principle also apply? And would you be just as vocal in supporting it?

nb This example also has a more pragmatic side - as types like AA and 'The Right Stuff' crew - have already been through these issues - and have had to find alternative revenue streams.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Welp,

Some might be interested in this I suppose :

How The English Abolished Their British (Celtic) Ancestors
There is also a general insight. How can a people “forget” their past origins? How can they create entirely fictive genealogies? As economists would say: incentives matter. Many human populations emerge through a process of genetic amalgamation, but cultural identity is not governed by the laws of segregation. Cultural identity and memory can rupture and shift far more rapidly because the laws of cultural inheritance are more plastic and protean. There was a clear folk migration of massive numbers of Germans into what became England, but their history and folkways were adopted wholesale by the native peoples whom they conquered. This sort of process likely has occurred many times across human history.
Oh well :

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

A cop I know used to say this all the time (when I was living in Ontario).:
Abuse of cop is a valid charge.
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=eGRN_1546484607

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

PZ finally decides, yes, he hates Benson:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190106112 ... pointment/

gmcard throws the gauntlet at comment 16. The TERF war hath begun!!!!