Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Old subthreads
Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Re: Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman wrote: Not sure whereabouts in jolly Old this is, or when it was taken, but sure looks like the kettle is about to boil over:
Can't happen soon enough.

I'm more than prepared to do a spot of freelance street cleaning ;)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Megan Connors, who heads the school that has topped the HSC for the past 22 years, also defended the selective system, saying grouping gifted students together helped them remain engaged and achieve their personal best.

Outsiders often drew attention to the fact that at top selective schools such as James Ruse, up to 97 per cent of students spoke a language other than English at home, she said.

"Our parents and students really feel that there is a racial element to the debate and that is hurtful," she told the Herald. "We don't see or think or feel race."

She believes selective schools play an important role in catering to students with special needs.

What a ridiculous concept.
http://www.jamesruse.nsw.edu.au/_/rsrc/ ... ric_s5.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:29 pm
@Steers,

So what argument could anyone make, would convince you that telling people "to piss on the Quran" is unproductive?

Is it even possible?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:-) Drum roll, please: "Mission Impossible"? :-)

But think it's less a question of an argument, and more one of evidence.

And that would be some indication that Muslims were prepared to at least consider that their "holy book" [ha!] isn't the literal word of gawd, of the grand high poohbah of the universe - take it away, Allah! - but merely the words of a badly flawed human. Even if he may be been inspired at times or had enough sense to cage precepts and values from earlier religions.

And I expect you probably know that that is simply impossible, and that it is the crux of the problem: as long as it is seen as the verbatim word of Allah, and changing any part is blasphemy, Islam is simply incapable of changing. You may recollect a guest post at Camels With Hammers several years ago by an ex(?)-Muslim Simi Rahman:
Moderate Muslims Have Hit Their “Wall"

.... And sure, there were efforts made to modernize Islam, but they were only superficial. We couldn’t do it. We couldn’t do it because there is a logical dilemma at the core of Islam. And that is, that the Quran is the last word of God, that it is perfect and unchangeable. And to even suggest such a thing is blasphemy and apostasy. ....
As I've said, repeatedly, it's the literalism in Islam - in most religions - that is most problematic. I'll readily concede there's probably some useful ethics & values in the Quran. But until it's divorced or disconnected from the belief in a literal deity that undergirds some egregious barbarism and savagery Islam won't ever be able to build on that and evolve - and be compatible with Western democracy and human rights. When that divorce is finalized - or well advanced - then I'll consider that calls to piss on the Quran might be a bit intemperate or "unproductive".

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

rayshul wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:28 pm
The UK is a shitfestival that keeps on shitting itself.
So you think you are safe in NZ?

Appropos of nothing....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtlhzXaH1aE

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:
Steersman wrote: Not sure whereabouts in jolly Old this is, or when it was taken, but sure looks like the kettle is about to boil over:
Can't happen soon enough.
Sure don't see much if any evidence that the Muslim community is prepared to address its "fatal flaws", and the problems it is causing in the wider community, in the host countries. Not sure if it will take some Watts-level riots to broach the issue, but the situation can't, and probably won't, be allowed to fester and worsen as it will if something isn't done.
Expect our tastes in music are rather different - in part because I'm largely tone deaf - but I can sympathize with the theme. :-)
Bhurzum wrote: I'm more than prepared to do a spot of freelance street cleaning ;)
Get well soon, or at least better. ;-)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

:lol: :lol:

Classic TDS.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:01 am

Classic TDS.
If anything it's the other way around, the autocrats worldwide are the model for some of Trump's propaganda moves, at least in matters of flair and presentation. Trump is evidence that institutions and division of powers matter.

If he were unrestricted and unrestrained he COULD target critics. Since his power is limited he can't, at least not to the degree that the Saudis can. Truman's moronic tweets more often than not stay tweets, and don't turn into practice. He's a troll triggering "libs".The real autocrats don't need to trigger anyone, they can pull the trigger.

The PuffHo is American-centric clickbait.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Titania weighs in on the womxn thing:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

MarcusAu wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:12 pm
It goes to show that smoking can be bad for your health.
Indeed, poor Viv. Just about everyone is familiar with his voice (from Tubular Bells), but no one remembers who he was.

Of relevance, I have opened my very last tin of Dunhill Nightcap, 13 years old and the real thing blended by Murray's, not the Danish substitute made by Orlik since. Now Nightcap, the Queen of the Night with her velvet hammer of pure nicotine, is discontinued. They weren't willing to change the artwork on the tin to show gory pictures of what it might do to you as EU regs require. RIP.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

rayshul wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:28 pm
The UK is a shitfestival that keeps on shitting itself.
Looks to me like these soldiers engaged in partisan political activity while in uniform. If so, that would be a violation of DoD Directive 1344.10 in the US, which forbids engaging in such activity while in uniform. The penalties for that can be very severe.

That said, basing whether or not it's OK to do something political on some sort of arbitrary assessment of the political position involved strikes me as being deeply fucked up.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: Indeed, poor Viv. Just about everyone is familiar with his voice (from Tubular Bells), but no one remembers who he was.
Well much of the time, I'm sure he didn't remember who he was either...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcJUQ1TF4wA

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Warning: Deeply disturbing footage!

Regardless of religion or whatever, the fucker should be pushed off the world. Slowly.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

SM1957 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:54 pm
Bhurzum wrote:
SM1957 wrote: What is the name of the proscribed group that Tommy Robinson belongs to?
I think he belongs in the "politically inflammatory" camp.

(I don't make the rules)
So somebody not part of any political party is 'politically inflammatory'?

Does the Army have any idea just what a powerful recruiting tool they are for the Far Right, when they discipline British soldiers for posing for a photo with somebody?

And then the Army wheels out their Islamic chaplain and the Muslim Council of Britain to criticise British soldiers?

Just what do they expect to happen when people see that this is what the Army does to anybody who questions Islam?
Must be a bit of friction amongst the chaplains then. From what I hear, the traditional role of the Xtian chaplain is to shame any soldier with a conscience out of their reluctance to do unconscionable shit. Not sure if it was linked here, but there's this video on youtube by an ex SAS guy explaining his disillusionment after spending a fair amount of time in Iraq funnelling innocent civilians into the detainment/torture system. He was sent to the chaplain who basically called him a coward, and that is apparently the only response you should expect.

I'm inflamed by Jeremy Corbyn, does that count?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Must be a bit of friction amongst the chaplains then. From what I hear, the traditional role of the Xtian chaplain is to shame any soldier with a conscience out of their reluctance to do unconscionable shit.

Well,I hate to say it but you're listening to the wrong people. Our chaplains/Padres are nothing more than standard god-botherers who administer their flock(s). The usual stuff - try to convert as many as possible, lead the choir on church parades, hand out mints/smokes in the field (part of the conversion attempt thing) and generally do all the crap you'd expect of their civvy counterparts. Yes, if you're "troubled" by the things you've seen or had to do, the padre is there to listen and offer advice but they sure-as-fuck don't try to shame you into doing anything unconscionable. I call utter bulltshit on that.

No chaplain or padre I've ever spoken with (and I've spoken to a fuck-ton) has had anything to say about mission, tasking or intent. In fact, now that I think about it, the majority of C/S 0G's were pretty clueless about the job in hand.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Not sure if it was linked here, but there's this video on youtube by an ex SAS guy explaining his disillusionment after spending a fair amount of time in Iraq funnelling innocent civilians into the detainment/torture system.
Um...serious question: why would the military want to detain or torture "innocent civilians" in a theatre of ops? What possible advantage would this give them? Remember - military operations are manpower intensive - the simple act of taking *one* person captive creates a massive logistical chain of events and leads to a drain on manpower, resources etc.

"Funnelling" PW's (valid targets or not) would be serious business!

Also, the UK armed forces do not "torture" anyone - combatant, civilian or otherwise. We rigidly adhere to the Geneva convention and anyone who violates this, regardless of rank or appointment, would be dropped like a hot potato on the spot. Each and every member of the Forces are taught/tested on "The Law Of Armed Conflict" as routine and there's a lengthy section on dealing with non-combatants. In short - we're trained to put our own asses on the line to protect and help them as much as possible.

Obviously, when it comes to enemy forces, the rules are different but we still play by the rules set forth in the Geneva convention. No torture, no stealing from captives, no robbing the dead* and absolutely no killing of PW's!

Note: I've spent a god-awful amount of time in Iraq, have dealt with PW's on countless occasions and have even been present for a few rounds of TQ'ing (tactical questioning - the wishy-washy PC name for "interrogation") and apart from a few mugs of shitty Army coffee, nobody was harmed or violated in any way.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: He was sent to the chaplain who basically called him a coward, and that is apparently the only response you should expect.
I'm really curious about this video you mention. I'm also getting a faint whiff of Walter Mitty...
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I'm inflamed by Jeremy Corbyn, does that count?
As me old drill Sgt used to say - "whatever makes your knob throb" :o

* Weapons, mapping, ammo, water etc are obvious exceptions. "Pulling the dead" was one of my favourite subjects to teach - the looks on some recruits faces as we covered the drills were priceless! So funny...in a ghoulish kind of way.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Bhurzum wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:27 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Must be a bit of friction amongst the chaplains then. From what I hear, the traditional role of the Xtian chaplain is to shame any soldier with a conscience out of their reluctance to do unconscionable shit.

Well,I hate to say it but you're listening to the wrong people. Our chaplains/Padres are nothing more than standard god-botherers who administer their flock(s). The usual stuff - try to convert as many as possible, lead the choir on church parades, hand out mints/smokes in the field (part of the conversion attempt thing) and generally do all the crap you'd expect of their civvy counterparts. Yes, if you're "troubled" by the things you've seen or had to do, the padre is there to listen and offer advice but they sure-as-fuck don't try to shame you into doing anything unconscionable. I call utter bulltshit on that.

No chaplain or padre I've ever spoken with (and I've spoken to a fuck-ton) has had anything to say about mission, tasking or intent. In fact, now that I think about it, the majority of C/S 0G's were pretty clueless about the job in hand.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Not sure if it was linked here, but there's this video on youtube by an ex SAS guy explaining his disillusionment after spending a fair amount of time in Iraq funnelling innocent civilians into the detainment/torture system.
Um...serious question: why would the military want to detain or torture "innocent civilians" in a theatre of ops? What possible advantage would this give them? Remember - military operations are manpower intensive - the simple act of taking *one* person captive creates a massive logistical chain of events and leads to a drain on manpower, resources etc.

"Funnelling" PW's (valid targets or not) would be serious business!

Also, the UK armed forces do not "torture" anyone - combatant, civilian or otherwise. We rigidly adhere to the Geneva convention and anyone who violates this, regardless of rank or appointment, would be dropped like a hot potato on the spot. Each and every member of the Forces are taught/tested on "The Law Of Armed Conflict" as routine and there's a lengthy section on dealing with non-combatants. In short - we're trained to put our own asses on the line to protect and help them as much as possible.

Obviously, when it comes to enemy forces, the rules are different but we still play by the rules set forth in the Geneva convention. No torture, no stealing from captives, no robbing the dead* and absolutely no killing of PW's!

Note: I've spent a god-awful amount of time in Iraq, have dealt with PW's on countless occasions and have even been present for a few rounds of TQ'ing (tactical questioning - the wishy-washy PC name for "interrogation") and apart from a few mugs of shitty Army coffee, nobody was harmed or violated in any way.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: He was sent to the chaplain who basically called him a coward, and that is apparently the only response you should expect.
I'm really curious about this video you mention. I'm also getting a faint whiff of Walter Mitty...
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I'm inflamed by Jeremy Corbyn, does that count?
As me old drill Sgt used to say - "whatever makes your knob throb" :o

* Weapons, mapping, ammo, water etc are obvious exceptions. "Pulling the dead" was one of my favourite subjects to teach - the looks on some recruits faces as we covered the drills were priceless! So funny...in a ghoulish kind of way.
I'll try and find the video. I'm assuming that the torture isn't done by the UK military. Perhaps the Merkins or some dodgy friends of theirs.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I'll try and find the video. I'm assuming that the torture isn't done by the UK military. Perhaps the Merkins or some dodgy friends of theirs.
Don't get me wrong, from a psychological perspective, our TQ methods are pretty brutal and are probably responsible for not a little PTSD.

ThreeFlangedJavis

About that youtube video I was looking for Bhurzum, it may take a little longer to find than expected. Microsoft have neglected to provide a means of searching history in Edge other than manually scrolling through thousands of links. How unlike MS! I'm sure they'll have that sorted in short order.

ThreeFlangedJavis

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: About that youtube video I was looking for Bhurzum, it may take a little longer to find than expected. Microsoft have neglected to provide a means of searching history in Edge other than manually scrolling through thousands of links. How unlike MS! I'm sure they'll have that sorted in short order.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tHvtFibhic

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:58 pm
AndrewV69 wrote:
@Steers,

So what argument could anyone make, would convince you that telling people "to piss on the Quran" is unproductive?

Is it even possible?

:-) Drum roll, please: "Mission Impossible"? :-)

And that would be some indication that Muslims were prepared to at least consider that their "holy book" [ha!] isn't the literal word of gawd, of the grand high poohbah of the universe - take it away, Allah! - but merely the words of a badly flawed human. Even if he may be been inspired at times or had enough sense to cage precepts and values from earlier religions.

And I expect you probably know that that is simply impossible, and that it is the crux of the problem: as long as it is seen as the verbatim word of Allah, and changing any part is blasphemy, Islam is simply incapable of changing. You may recollect a guest post at Camels With Hammers several years ago by an ex(?)-Muslim Simi Rahman:
Moderate Muslims Have Hit Their “Wall"

.... And sure, there were efforts made to modernize Islam, but they were only superficial. We couldn’t do it. We couldn’t do it because there is a logical dilemma at the core of Islam. And that is, that the Quran is the last word of God, that it is perfect and unchangeable. And to even suggest such a thing is blasphemy and apostasy. ....
As I've said, repeatedly, it's the literalism in Islam - in most religions - that is most problematic. I'll readily concede there's probably some useful ethics & values in the Quran. But until it's divorced or disconnected from the belief in a literal deity that undergirds some egregious barbarism and savagery Islam won't ever be able to build on that and evolve - and be compatible with Western democracy and human rights. When that divorce is finalized - or well advanced - then I'll consider that calls to piss on the Quran might be a bit intemperate or "unproductive".
tl;dnr

So the answers were :

1. No
2. Hell No.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Fuck you Mom and Dad, it's my body and I'll get this cool face tattoo if I want. Don't stop me from running across the road, I didn't consent for you to grab me by the arm. I'm telling a trusted adult. :P

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Seems like the cover up has failed, the cat is out of the bag, and there is none in the hand (and none in the bush either)...
There's also a website - but it seemed more fitting to give the info in a tweet.

https://birdsarentreal.com/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Goldy is the new Voldemort

http://i.imgur.com/JpBUo1u.jpg

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Fuck you Mom and Dad, it's my body and I'll get this cool face tattoo if I want. Don't stop me from running across the road, I didn't consent for you to grab me by the arm. I'm telling a trusted adult. :P
There is no exception for parents. They apparently are included in "Adults you know". That must be on purpose. So if your kid gets a splinter and doesn't it removed you'll just have to let it get infected.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

So I checked and it appears possible to sync audio/video recordings from an apple watch to an iphone. I wonder if the recording(s) will surface?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: About that youtube video I was looking for Bhurzum...<snip>
Sorry for the late reply, got caught up in some online shenanigans.

Anyway, yes, I've seen that video, I think I might even have posted it before although I could be wrong. Griffin, a likeable and credible enough bloke, is clearly pushing a narrative and as such, I'd take everything he says with a pinch of salt. Obviously, I'm also biased (and hawking my own narrative) so you'll probably want a dash of grub-dust with everything I say too.

However, and this is an objective fact: military padres are not hired to "shame" soldiers into doing dirty work; Griffin might be telling the truth about his encounter with Zero God although I strongly suspect his version of events (and the language he uses) is designed to put things into the least charitable light. Who knows? Maybe he's 100% accurate in his description of events, I can't say for sure, I wasn't there. One thing I do know - I've never, ever, in 22 years (and beyond) encountered a padre who says things like that; quite the opposite! I've known padres who fight the corner for "troubled" or "shaken" soldiers or moved mountains to buy them some much needed down-time, compassionate leave or to simply rein in heavy-handed screws/rankers when they overwhelm weaker individuals. I've also fallen foul of the buggers on more than one occasion and even though they tend to be limp-wristed fops, the bastards carry a Queen's commission and the rank to enforce it.

Having said all that - the last two padres in my unit were sacked - one for sticking his dick into a married woman and the other (the replacement for the mad shagger) was a raging alcoholic. Fucking squaddies, huh?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Subsequently I hear on Twatter:

. You can’t unlock an apple watch with a fingerprint. You need a code.

.. Turkey does not support the cellular feature of the apple watch.

.. if he was recording this with his watch, why didn’t she know in real time that something was going down? I think Turkey has that embassy bugged and they’re using the watch as a cover.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bhurzum wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: About that youtube video I was looking for Bhurzum...<snip>

Anyway, yes, I've seen that video, I think I might even have posted it before although I could be wrong. Griffin, a likeable and credible enough bloke, is clearly pushing a narrative and as such, I'd take everything he says with a pinch of salt. Obviously, I'm also biased (and hawking my own narrative) so you'll probably want a dash of grub-dust with everything I say too.

However, and this is an objective fact: military padres are not hired to "shame" soldiers into doing dirty work; Griffin might be telling the truth about his encounter with Zero God although I strongly suspect his version of events (and the language he uses) is designed to put things into the least charitable light. Who knows? Maybe he's 100% accurate in his description of events, I can't say for sure, I wasn't there. One thing I do know - I've never, ever, in 22 years (and beyond) encountered a padre who says things like that; quite the opposite! I've known padres who fight the corner for "troubled" or "shaken" soldiers or moved mountains to buy them some much needed down-time, compassionate leave or to simply rein in heavy-handed screws/rankers when they overwhelm weaker individuals. I've also fallen foul of the buggers on more than one occasion and even though they tend to be limp-wristed fops, the bastards carry a Queen's commission and the rank to enforce it.

Having said all that - the last two padres in my unit were sacked - one for sticking his dick into a married woman and the other (the replacement for the mad shagger) was a raging alcoholic. Fucking squaddies, huh?
No need for Richard Sharpe when we have Emily on the core mission of ‘humanitarianism and rebuilding lives.’

I’m not sure when the army was suddenly expected to reflect its contemporary society - with all the associated girl-cocks and perfume. Someone fucked that one up.

http://i.imgur.com/tZuxcaA.jpg

free thoughtpolice

AndrewV69 wrote: Subsequently I hear on Twatter:

. You can’t unlock an apple watch with a fingerprint. You need a code.

.. Turkey does not support the cellular feature of the apple watch.

.. if he was recording this with his watch, why didn’t she know in real time that something was going down? I think Turkey has that embassy bugged and they’re using the watch as a cover.
Sounds plausible.
Weren't the Turks allowed to enter the embassy and search it? Maybe removed some of their bugs in the meantime just before they announce the audio evidence?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It was a consulate not an embassy. I don’t know if immunity extends to both types of facilities.

I am reassured the Saudis have expressed their concern for his wellbeing and this might result in a second sweep behind the curtains and under the couches.

I’m also hoping Matt didn’t choose to die on the anti-prep, Brett K hill.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Brive1987 wrote: I’m not sure when the army was suddenly expected to reflect its contemporary society - with all the associated girl-cocks and perfume. Someone fucked that one up.
It's funny you say that - traditionally and all the way up to my departure, the Army has went to incredible lengths to iron out the "civvy" in its recruits. Anything remotely civvy, regardless of how big or small, was always viewed as baggage to be jettisoned. If you watch the video linked above, you'll hear Griffin say that during training, they were taught that the lowest form of life on Earth is civilians! This attitude, banter though it may be, is ubiquitous in the forces but is only a half-joke.

One of my favourite questions to ask recruits (to catch them off guard) was:

Me: You know why I fucking HATE my wife?
Recruit: No, sarge.
Me: Because she's a disgusting civvy fuck-pig!

Fucking civvies...if it wasn't for the funny faces they pull, it'd be pointless bayoneting them.

Aye.

free thoughtpolice

Fuck you godphobes :drool:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It is counter intuitive and counter productive to expect civilian values and culture to be relevant to carrying out the military’s mission. That’s why soldiers are kept safely in barracks or on deployment and why ex-solders don’t find it easy to integrate back into civy-street. When you outsource killing and dying you also implicitly setup the requirement for an otherwise ‘toxic’ group-world view.

In the same way it was stupid to expect a cultural equivalence between the Paras and trained riot police in Northern Ireland.
And in the same way, dropping civilianised soldiers into a war zone will end just as badly.

“Bring back the biff”

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I never realised that “total war” is, as a useful definition, even more fraught than “genocide”. It is doing my head in.

:cdc:

free thoughtpolice

Muhammad hijab , derka derka,
Muhammad jihad, derka derka,
Could make a song of this. Apparently Tommy Robinson's mates are a bunch of pussies. They can't handle the power of this mans' dawah! :hand:

Fuck you chavs. You will be replaced.
Inshallah.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote: Warning: Deeply disturbing footage!

Regardless of religion or whatever, the fucker should be pushed off the world. Slowly.
I am a peaceful type, but there are some fuckers that I just want to destroy. With extreme prejudice.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
@Steers,

Is it even possible?

<snip>

tl;dnr

So the answers were :

1. No
2. Hell No.

More or less, to a first approximation. :-) But I'm a bit disappointed that you consider even my shorter posts - that I've struggled mightily to compactify - as too long to read. Although maybe that's more because you don't want to face the questions they raise, directly or indirectly.

But to put them on a more solid footing, to call a spade a shovel, do you seriously think that the Quran is entirely the received word of Allah - the big man of the universe - Himself? Do you seriously think there's any more justification for thinking he's the ticket to the promised land - of milk and honey and houris - than for Jehovah or Jesus - or Woden?

Gods_Woden_Shrunk.jpg
(70.31 KiB) Downloaded 211 times

And even if you don't think that - you seem too clever a guy to believe in that schlock, particularly in the face of the myriad of other religions - do you not think that most Muslims DO believe that, and that that might well be the proximate cause of why Islam is "flatly incompatible with democracy & human rights"?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Driftless wrote:
There is no exception for parents. They apparently are included in "Adults you know". That must be on purpose. So if your kid gets a splinter and doesn't it removed you'll just have to let it get infected.
If only I'd known that when grandma came for those big wet smooches. I WAS SMOOCH RAPED!!!!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote: I am a peaceful type, but there are some fuckers that I just want to destroy. With extreme prejudice
Welcome to my world.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:22 pm
AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
@Steers,

Is it even possible?

<snip>

tl;dnr

So the answers were :

1. No
2. Hell No.

More or less, to a first approximation. :-) But I'm a bit disappointed that you consider even my shorter posts - that I've struggled mightily to compactify - as too long to read. Although maybe that's more because you don't want to face the questions they raise, directly or indirectly.

But to put them on a more solid footing, to call a spade a shovel, do you seriously think that the Quran is entirely the received word of Allah - the big man of the universe - Himself? Do you seriously think there's any more justification for thinking he's the ticket to the promised land - of milk and honey and houris - than for Jehovah or Jesus - or Woden?

Gods_Woden_Shrunk.jpg

And even if you don't think that - you seem too clever a guy to believe in that schlock, particularly in the face of the myriad of other religions - do you not think that most Muslims DO believe that, and that that might well be the proximate cause of why Islam is "flatly incompatible with democracy & human rights"?
Steers,

Your appear to be reading what you think I said or should have said, or that I am defending an implied position. Then you respond to that. That is what it looks like from this end.

You are responding to things I never said.

Go back and read what I wrote. Then reread your responses. It is funny. Which is why I am laughing.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

No comment?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote:
<snip>

Gods_Woden_Shrunk.jpg

Steers,

Your appear to be reading what you think I said or should have said, or that I am defending an implied position. Then you respond to that. That is what it looks like from this end.

Go back and read what I wrote. Then reread your responses. It is funny. Which is why I am laughing. ....
Maybe.

But it kind of looks like you're being evasive, and that I'm trying to pin you down by asking questions that you seem very reluctant to answer.

Fer instances, you clearly think that my "piss on the Quran" is "unproductive", state that I should "Stop making statements that will inflame" while offering diddly-squat in the way of credible alternatives, and you toe the party line by defending "revert" and other aspects of Islamic dogma.

While you defend and credibly promote Salim Mansur which I definitely appreciate knowing about, and you seem to have sympathy for his arguments though I wonder if you've really read what he's saying, it is still hard not to wonder where your allegiances lie.

Mansur_HoC_Islam_Immigration.jpg
(138.55 KiB) Downloaded 191 times

Don't see how that - particularly the underlined sections - is a helluva lot different from saying "piss on the Quran".

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Driftless wrote:
"Tell a trusted adult like a teacher" :dance:

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

AndrewV69 wrote: No comment?

Believe all women! Interesting that this is described as racism and not as a false accusation of sexual assault. If she has seen that surveillance video and sticks to her story then I would classify this as a crazy person.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Bhurzum wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:14 pm
If memory serves me correctly, the lesson plans are riddled with weasel words and have more "wriggle room" than a pair of Zvans underpants.

:lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Where the Independent graces their outrage with a graph of hate crimes ... that ends in 2015.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Btw the dinner started in 1805. And then it appears to have taken a break until Hillary kicked it off again in 1996.
The White House tradition started with earnest in 1996, when First Lady Hillary Clinton hosted 150 people after learning more about the ritual from her daughter Chelsea,
Luckily there is this for 2018.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Speaking of things military, I get the impression the Royal Marines are firing a bit of a broadside here at the Army's wishy-washy muslim prayer recruitment ad.

If anything, it seems designed to put most people off from joining. Which may be the general idea.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Driftless wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: No comment?

Believe all women! Interesting that this is described as racism and not as a false accusation of sexual assault. If she has seen that surveillance video and sticks to her story then I would classify this as a crazy person.
And how is this racist? Just because she is white and the boy is black? Do we know that she would have ignored it if the boy was white?

free thoughtpolice

Assistant prof at a Canadian university that teaches courses on sharia accused of sexual impropriety.
https://nationalpost.com/opinion/barbar ... bout-islam
I say this should be settled using sharia. The accused and all the accusers should be stoned to death for zina.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:42 am
AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote:
<snip>

Gods_Woden_Shrunk.jpg

Steers,

Go back and read what I wrote. Then reread your responses. It is funny. Which is why I am laughing. ....
Maybe.

But it kind of looks like you're being evasive, and that I'm trying to pin you down by asking questions that you seem very reluctant to answer.

Fer instances, you clearly think that my "piss on the Quran" is "unproductive", state that I should "Stop making statements that will inflame" while offering diddly-squat in the way of credible alternatives, and you toe the party line by defending "revert" and other aspects of Islamic dogma.

While you defend and credibly promote Salim Mansur which I definitely appreciate knowing about, and you seem to have sympathy for his arguments though I wonder if you've really read what he's saying, it is still hard not to wonder where your allegiances lie.

Don't see how that - particularly the underlined sections - is a helluva lot different from saying "piss on the Quran".
You really do not. I am convinced.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote:
<snip>

(138.55 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

You really do not. I am convinced. ....
Glad I've convinced you of something, though you seem rather reluctant to consider that the root cause of Islam's "cultural baggage of illiberal values", and "culture of violence & misogyny" is the Quran itself - wonder why that might be ...

You might reflect on the old joke about dealing with a stubborn mule, although "reflection", particularly about Islam, seems not to be your strong suit.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Bhurzum wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Griffin does have an agenda. He is very anti-militaristic, probably as a result of having been so enamoured with military tradition and history before being disillusioned. Baby has gone out with the bath water. I'm willing to concede that there is probably an unhealthy element of militarism in British society buoyed by the perception that Britain always fights for just causes and is somehow more civilised about it than the enemy. I saw elements of that in my father. I used to have these arguments with him about atrocities in the colonies and he would accuse me of being a "debunker", as if that was inherently a bad thing. Haven't seen enough of him to be sure, but I don't think Griffin recognises that war has sometimes been a moral necessity.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:41 am
AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote:
<snip>

You really do not. I am convinced. ....
Glad I've convinced you of something, though you seem rather reluctant to consider that the root cause of Islam's "cultural baggage of illiberal values", and "culture of violence & misogyny" is the Quran itself - wonder why that might be ...

You might reflect on the old joke about dealing with a stubborn mule, although "reflection", particularly about Islam, seems not to be your strong suit.
This is your problem and you are going to have to deal with it (for once in your life?) by yourself. I am not giving you a pass.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Atheism+ is gone but not forgotten:

Honey Badger Brigade - An History Of This Entire Culture-War And Some Theorizing On Its Origins
On the whole New Atheism/Atheism+ split, honestly, I think you're not seeing part of the story. Speaking as someone who was there and actually switched sides around this stuff, I think people really underestimate the amount that metapolitics shaped things. It's not really Watson, per se. It was some...let's say morally challenged, lower-tier wanna-be public skeptics that pulled the trigger. I don't want to name names because of the meta politics of the sub and Reddit as a whole, but let's just say that there's three names that at the time were often linked together that IMO set off the charges that pretty much started the landslide that got us here.

There was an embracing of the SRS style "Name and Shame" Call-Out Culture that was behind the whole Atheism+ thing first and foremost. That's what it WAS, and in a way that was fairly aggressive, especially online. The other part of it, is from the get go, it really was 100% about maintaining and enforcing tribalistic power and privilege. That's actually the thing that made me switch. I don't think anybody actually gave a fuck about changing the climate of these conferences to make them more "women-friendly"...whatever that means. They just wanted to consolidate power to an in-group.

Anyway, I agree with some of the other elements of your post. I do think that there's a shaking out between authoritarian "Progressive" ideologies and non-authoritarian "Liberal" ideologies, and that exists all along the left to the right. I do think the Neoreactionaries/Alt-Right are very much Progressive, while the "Alt-Lite" are a bit more Liberal and that's the difference between them. (And that's not to mention the differences between the Progressives and the Liberals on the left)

My own take remains that liberalism...that is political ideologies based around broad liberty and diversity (I.E many different paths being viable) have taken a hit over the last couple of years largely due to social media and how it can be used to enforce ideological and social conformity. Many people have embraced various forms of progressivism, with the belief that liberalism is untenable, something along the lines of the saying that even if you're not interested in war, war is interested in you. I think by and large, the expulsion of the liberal left that was at the core of the Atheism+ and Anti-GamerGate movement (among others) is a bit part of how we got here.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Season 4 of Better Call Saul
centered largely on the friendly corporate druglord,
with multi-national corporate reach,
holding-in-secret-captivity
a team of german engineers in a windowless warehouse,
for months-on-end, under constant surveillance by armed-guards,
as they dug a massive secret underground drug lab.

The german hole-diggers' warehouse was outfitted with a basketball hoop, foozball table, beer on tap, a scattering of comfy furniture, and modular bunk-houses. But no windows, no freedom to come&go.

ENTIIIIIIIRELY UNRELATED, here are some pictures from within the corporate-security perimeter of Google's recent event, complete with basketball hoop, workers, scattered lounge furniture, chainlink fence walls...

https://i.imgur.com/715Elf9.jpg

modular kitchen, bedroom, living room, built inside the hanger-like space...
https://i.imgur.com/KaA0Ztg.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PndSOzH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/O2hA2hY.jpg
not pictured, the 'war room' of california tech dorks monitoring & countering negative social media reviews in real-time...

...and a 'tree house' full of google execs, looking down on display-floor, from a huge window.
https://i.imgur.com/jkwb9s4l.jpg

ENTIIIIIIIIRELY UNRELATED,
Here are some pictures of the 1986 comedy/dystopia role-playing game PARANOIA
in which players are all tech-worker clones, clad in primary-colored gender-neutral overalls,
trapped in the Alpha Complex gulag, under constant surveillance, slaves to an insane central computer...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... oia2nd.jpg
https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content ... Screen.png

In the world of Paranoia, 'Happiness Is Mandatory", under penalty of death, enforced by The Computer.
In the Google Home, the 'Google Nest' product detects your facial expressions, takes pictures & sends them to you, to verify you're enjoying life.

In Paranoia, the workers must join secret societies to survive. Joining a secret society is punishable by death.
Inside Google, workers are hired to no-specific job. After orientation to learn Google's cultish internal culture (A text message is always to be called a "ping". If someone says "I received a text...", a good googler interrupts, feigns not-knowing what a 'text' is, and says, "Excuse me, did you mean 'ping'?")
where was I? Oh, right...

after orientation, a newly-hired google roams around trying to attach s/h/it's-self to a group working on some project. That's why multiple groups develop redundant or non-compatible google products. If no one wants to play with the new hire, they will eventually be let-go. However a reject can start their own project, such as an innovative new bit of coding or a grievance committee to blame their career-failure on cisgender white men. Other rejects can thus find refuge in The Orbit of sjw internal-affairs complainers. Success at google is based on a peer-review process where anyone can rat on anyone for any offense... such as removing yesterday's color-coded yellow security wristband too-forcefully, before putting-on today's pink wristband. <--true story.

https://i.imgur.com/rEzZWbH.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:41 am
<snip>

This is your problem and you are going to have to deal with it (for once in your life?) by yourself. I am not giving you a pass.
Not sure why you apparently think that "this" is just my problem, and not the entire world's:

Islam_BackstabbingHumanity.jpg
(12.98 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Islamophobia_Apologists.jpg
(65.86 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

Thumb on the scales? My tribe, right or wrong? You're looking more a part of the problem than of the solution.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

AndrewV69 wrote: Atheism+ is gone but not forgotten:

Honey Badger Brigade - An History Of This Entire Culture-War And Some Theorizing On Its Origins
On the whole New Atheism/Atheism+ split, honestly, I think you're not seeing part of the story. Speaking as someone who was there and actually switched sides around this stuff, I think people really underestimate the amount that metapolitics shaped things. It's not really Watson, per se. It was some...let's say morally challenged, lower-tier wanna-be public skeptics that pulled the trigger. I don't want to name names because of the meta politics of the sub and Reddit as a whole, but let's just say that there's three names that at the time were often linked together that IMO set off the charges that pretty much started the landslide that got us here.

There was an embracing of the SRS style "Name and Shame" Call-Out Culture that was behind the whole Atheism+ thing first and foremost. That's what it WAS, and in a way that was fairly aggressive, especially online. The other part of it, is from the get go, it really was 100% about maintaining and enforcing tribalistic power and privilege. That's actually the thing that made me switch. I don't think anybody actually gave a fuck about changing the climate of these conferences to make them more "women-friendly"...whatever that means. They just wanted to consolidate power to an in-group.

Anyway, I agree with some of the other elements of your post. I do think that there's a shaking out between authoritarian "Progressive" ideologies and non-authoritarian "Liberal" ideologies, and that exists all along the left to the right. I do think the Neoreactionaries/Alt-Right are very much Progressive, while the "Alt-Lite" are a bit more Liberal and that's the difference between them. (And that's not to mention the differences between the Progressives and the Liberals on the left)

My own take remains that liberalism...that is political ideologies based around broad liberty and diversity (I.E many different paths being viable) have taken a hit over the last couple of years largely due to social media and how it can be used to enforce ideological and social conformity. Many people have embraced various forms of progressivism, with the belief that liberalism is untenable, something along the lines of the saying that even if you're not interested in war, war is interested in you. I think by and large, the expulsion of the liberal left that was at the core of the Atheism+ and Anti-GamerGate movement (among others) is a bit part of how we got here.
The author seems to make a causal link between the 'New Atheists' and the Alt-Right (in the American context). But does not give much of history of the Alt-Right or even of secular movements at the time. Hitchen's argued (rightly or wrongly) against the ideas of Charles Murray's 'The Bell Curve' when it came out in the 1990s - so I think that the Alt-Right's racial theories didn't come from him. The charge that both groups are guilty of 'Scietism' remains unsupported.

The Alt-Right being largely atheist or pagan may have some merit - but there seems to be plenty of christian members too (eg Vox Day).

It's nice to think that the 'New Atheists' (or a I prefer to call them 'new atheists') may have punched above their weight in the effect they had on society - but I think that other factors had a greater influence.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ is a grandpa again. This one though is a girl, un-named, not an ethnic minority and from the daughter. But there is a pleasing Grant Wood vibe to offset the black pills.

https://i2.wp.com/freethoughtblogs.com/ ... .jpg?ssl=1