ThreeFlangedJavis

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:34 am
Lsuoma wrote: Smollett is off to jail.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60695975

Probably Club Fed, though, not Riker's.
Amnesty International has already lodged a complaint over how Jussie will be forced to share his cell with his own attacker.
Ultra-innocent victim of the system, Jussie Smollet, wants you to know that if anything happens to him in prison it's because The Man is out to get him. Narcissists, they can never stop digging. Same thing with Baldwin. He's being sued by the victim's husband and he just can't keep his mouth shut. His latest little gem, they're going after him because the little people who they really should be suing don't have money.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Steersman - What did you think of the Tamiflu debacle?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

One quarter of Chicago Police are still unvax'd.

Many applied for exemptions-- which the city has not processed.

The deadline to get at-least one dose... is Sunday. (Yes, this shit is still happening.)

The city is threatening suspension-without-pay

----

Colonel Sister Dr. Diedre Byrne M.D. (board certified surgeon) (US Army, ret.) has been denied a religious exemption for the vax by District of Columbia. She faces a March 18 deadline.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Keating wrote: Steersman - What did you think of the Tamiflu debacle?
The name "Tamiflu" rings a bell, though not loudly. Wikipedia:
Oseltamivir, sold under the brand name Tamiflu, is an antiviral medication used to treat and prevent influenza A and influenza B, the viruses that cause the flu. ....

Recommendations regarding oseltamivir are controversial as are criticisms of the recommendations. A 2014 Cochrane Review concluded that oseltamivir does not reduce hospitalizations, and that there is no evidence of reduction in complications of influenza. ....

Oseltamivir's risk-benefit ratio is controversial. In 2017, it was moved from the core to the complementary list based on its lower cost-effectiveness. ....

Two 2013 meta-analyses have concluded that benefits in those who are otherwise healthy do not outweigh its risks. When the analysis was restricted to people with confirmed infection, the same 2014 Cochrane Review (see above) found unclear evidence of change in the risk of complications such as pneumonia, while three other reviews found a decreased risk. Together, published studies suggest that oseltamivir reduces the duration of symptoms by 0.5–1.0 day. Any benefit of treatment must be balanced against side effects, which include psychiatric symptoms and increased rates of vomiting. ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oseltamivir#History

Though I don't see much if anything that might justify the term "debacle". You have any specifics?

However, there's some justification for it relative to various vaccines in general:
In 1955, some batches of polio vaccine given to the public contained live polio virus, even though they had passed required safety testing. Over 250 cases of polio were attributed to vaccines produced by one company: Cutter Laboratories. This case, which came to be known as the Cutter Incident, resulted in many cases of paralysis. The vaccine was recalled as soon as cases of polio were detected.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/conce ... story.html

And there seems to be no shortage of highly "questionable" actions by various drug companies, Pfizer in particular, although they're hardly the only one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pfizer#Legal_issues
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_l ... ettlements

But one might wonder whether many of those cases were due less to corporate policy than to "over-enthusiastic" salesmen.

Still, all of that justifies some apprehension about drug companies, and their products, policies, and pronoucements.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: If he had wanted that he could of developed a rush on Latvia. Right now a NATO war would probably be fought by western AirPower far from traditional western countries on alien battlefields in Poland and Hungary. Against a Russian military with significant assets already poorly configured and bogged down in outer Ukraine. Shit 4D chess. I prefer to believe we are watching the elite and this is their top game.
Like I said, I'm just playing out the scenario, if nothing else than to rule it out, so as to not get blindsided if it's true.

Latest has Putin sacking a bunch of generals and intel, indicating he expected to do much better. So maybe Russian armed forces really do suck big time, but Putin was shielded from that reality.

If so, the iron is hot for a brokered peace. The sociopaths running the US, at least, are still milking the war so are disinclined to end it.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Thanks Steersman. Your response explains a lot.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Very impressive bit of kit.

We used to lug around 2-3 LAW 80 as part of our standard "bomb load" and would routinely practice "tank hunting" at night - 3 or 4 dangerously tired soldiers blundering around in the dark looking for enemy armour to ping with the LAW.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAW_80

Obviously, being older tech, when compared to Javelin, the LAW is a piece of crap. Was great fun to shoot the bugger though!

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:38 pm
Brive1987 wrote: If he had wanted that he could of developed a rush on Latvia. Right now a NATO war would probably be fought by western AirPower far from traditional western countries on alien battlefields in Poland and Hungary. Against a Russian military with significant assets already poorly configured and bogged down in outer Ukraine. Shit 4D chess. I prefer to believe we are watching the elite and this is their top game.
Like I said, I'm just playing out the scenario, if nothing else than to rule it out, so as to not get blindsided if it's true.

Latest has Putin sacking a bunch of generals and intel, indicating he expected to do much better. So maybe Russian armed forces really do suck big time, but Putin was shielded from that reality.

If so, the iron is hot for a brokered peace. The sociopaths running the US, at least, are still milking the war so are disinclined to end it.
I say let the Ukrainians decide if they want to get their country cut in half and be Russia's bitch. If they are prepared to fight then help them. Personally I don't care if US politicians are openly talking about using Ukrainian suffering to "bleed Russia" as long as it coincides with what Ukraine wishes. I don't think the Ukrainians care about the motivation as long as they get weapons.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Clearly Ukraine couldn’t rely on Western principled action or even historically based strategic commonsense.

Luckily though, the global economic order will not tolerate nationalist based disruption to their status quo. So, game on I guess. Subject to not directly upsetting Putin because you know. On-sold Mig29s mean an inevitable WW3 and a nuked New York. 🤷‍♂️

Appeasement and genuflecting always ends well.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Ultimately it's the US that Putin sees himself at war with but that doesn't mean it's New York that will get the nuclear present. Most likely the Poles, which they well know, as evidenced by the handing over of MiG-29s to the US. That was them saying "here, you're supposed to be the 'leaders of the free world', how about you risk getting a few nukes up your ass!"

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Brive1987 wrote: Appeasement and genuflecting always ends well.
Getting into dumb wars doesn't always end well. Strutting around like you can lick any man in the house, while not actually being prepared to back that up doesn't always end well. Very few things always end well.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Ultra-innocent victim of the system, Jussie Smollet, wants you to know that if anything happens to him in prison it's because The Man is out to get him. Narcissists, they can never stop digging. Same thing with Baldwin. He's being sued by the victim's husband and he just can't keep his mouth shut. His latest little gem, they're going after him because the little people who they really should be suing don't have money.
He should have blamed the Russians.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Ultimately it's the US that Putin sees himself at war with but that doesn't mean it's New York that will get the nuclear present. Most likely the Poles, which they well know, as evidenced by the handing over of MiG-29s to the US. That was them saying "here, you're supposed to be the 'leaders of the free world', how about you risk getting a few nukes up your ass!"
Spike Milligan once quoted Adolf Hitler:
TOMMY ATKINS: You started it all.

HITLER: Me? You declared var on us! you cock-a-nee creep.

TOMMY ATKINS: That’s because you kicked the shit out of the Poles.

HITLER: Everybody kicks shit out of zer Poles, zat is what zey are zere for.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Ultimately it's the US that Putin sees himself at war with but that doesn't mean it's New York that will get the nuclear present. Most likely the Poles, which they well know, as evidenced by the handing over of MiG-29s to the US. That was them saying "here, you're supposed to be the 'leaders of the free world', how about you risk getting a few nukes up your ass!"
Blinken's a cunt, but he's not stupid. He knew that Poland supplying fighter jets to Ukraine -- which would've necessitated at a minimum Ukrainian pilots flying them home, and probably also periodically flying them back to Poland for servicing -- would be rightly considered an act of war. Blinken, et al. obviously wanted a war and were ready to sacrifice Poland as the pawn. Poland smelled the rat.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fafnir wrote: Strutting around like you can lick any man in the house, while not actually being prepared to back that up doesn't always end well.
What on earth are you talking about?

free thoughtpolice

Bhurzum wrote:
Very impressive bit of kit.

We used to lug around 2-3 LAW 80 as part of our standard "bomb load" and would routinely practice "tank hunting" at night - 3 or 4 dangerously tired soldiers blundering around in the dark looking for enemy armour to ping with the LAW.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAW_80

Obviously, being older tech, when compared to Javelin, the LAW is a piece of crap. Was great fun to shoot the bugger though!
The Ukrainians apparently like them a lot.
st. javelin.PNG
(230.9 KiB) Downloaded 178 times

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: <snip>

The Ukrainians apparently like them a lot.
st. javelin.PNG
Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Or "Boss" as the case may be.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Nice to see NATO Lend-Lease in action; apparently Canada has contributed some of those anti-tank weapons:

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/national ... to-ukraine

Though one might wonder why that shouldn't include some MIGs from Poland. The Poles don't actually have to fly them into Ukraine themselves - just leave them out on the runways of Polish public airports - loaded for Bear, keys in the ignition - and let Ukrainian pilots take them.

But nice also to see a "spirited" defense from the Ukrainians - kinda wonder whether the Ukrainian educational system includes a discussion of the "terror-famine", the genocide of several million Ukrainians, that Russia/Stalin was responsible for:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

If I were a Ukrainian I might well consider that sufficient justification to fight to the death, to the Last Cartridge, or to the last anti-tank missile as the case may be. And with some 10 to 20 million Ukrainians with that view, Putin may well wind up in a long-lasting quagmire, if not his head on a pike or stabbed in the rotunda; couldn't happen to a nicer fellow.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Corn Pop Was A Bad Dude...
today:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Since I don't have much to contribute these days I'll just post my photos once in a while.

John D

Post by John D »

This is good.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Keating wrote: Thanks Steersman. Your response explains a lot.
De nada; share the wealth; praise the lord and pass the ammunition. :-)

Though one might wonder what you think it explains. Some of the history behind Tamiflu? Most of which I had not been aware of at all myself, but some of which may well be considered somewhat "odoriferous" at best. Somewhat apropos of which, I see it's designated as an antiviral - and not a vaccine as I had suggested - even if it doesn't seem terribly effective.

Or it explains my positions and arguments on Covid vaccines and their manufacturers? I'll readily defend vaccines in general, and think that the Covid ones have a significant, if rapidly declining, effectiveness. However, I'm still not sure whether or not there are any serious "adverse effects" that are substantially more frequent than those associated with other vaccines. Particularly as neither Service Dog nor John D seem to have managed to put any sort of smoking gun on the table relative to that or to Pfizer's actions and recently released tests.

Our immune systems are clearly incredibly complicated which probably makes creating workable vaccines a "challenge" at best. However, the nature of the beast seems to encompass some "perverse incentives" of one sort or another that probably compounds both the development and use of them.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Gumby wrote: Since I don't have much to contribute these days I'll just post my photos once in a while.
8x10 Deer 11-4-21 LUM-standard-scale-0_50x-gigapixel.jpg
As long as you don't expect people to fawn over it.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

MarcusAu wrote:
Gumby wrote: Since I don't have much to contribute these days I'll just post my photos once in a while.
Oh deer. as Homer Simpson would say, "D'OE!!!"

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Fun Fact: decades ago, the person responsible for introducing me fuzzy Arkansas once taught violin to the daughters of this man with whom I share a post office, band placed a stray kitten into the household.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fuzzy wrote: Fun Fact: decades ago, the person responsible for introducing me fuzzy Arkansas once taught violin to the daughters of this man with whom I share a post office, band placed a stray kitten into the household.
Are you, by any chance, Kamala Harris' speech writer?

free thoughtpolice

Gumby wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Oh deer. as Homer Simpson would say, "D'OE!!!"
DSCN1126 (2).JPG
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 145 times

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Are you, by any chance, Kamala Harris' speech writer?
Attachments
68fx54.jpg
(96.74 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

free thoughtpolice

I've been having problems resizing/posting pictures lately, I'm not sure what the problem is but this one worked.

John D

Post by John D »

Steers - really - I don't think you read for intent. Everything I post you read in the least generous way you can. There is a bunch of things I have an opinion about, but you don't really follow what I am saying.

1) I do not think the jab is particularly a bad ting. I think it probably saved many, many lives... including mine and my wife's. I am not anti-vax.

2) I do think each person and age group has a risk profile that needs to be understood. Jabbing young people looks like a bad idea... and masking children and closing schools has been destructive.

3) I think that we should not jab children right now. Omicron is waning and if a new variant comes on strong we should watch for it... and then vax children if it makes sense. The jab wears off over time and is less effect with every new jab. Jabbing kids right now is a bad idea.

4) I think it is likely that Ivermectin is a useful treatment, but it has not been well studied because there is no money in it.

5) Drug companies should not be allowed to hide study data. Fuck them. They need to share data so the rest of us shit-heads can decide what is best. They are profit motivated which is what a company should be... but we should not let them buy us.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Nice one, FTB. I suck at hawk and eagle pics, they're always too far away. However, I did recently receive some intel about the location of a bald eagle nest that might change my luck.

Forgive me for altering your photo. Sometimes I like to add some clouds to an otherwise uniform sky. Makes the overall picture more visually interesting, at least to me.
Attachments
DSCN1126 (2) (1)-standard-scale-0_50x-gigapixel.jpg
(540.9 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: ...pass the ammunition.

Though one might wonder what you think it explains.... Particularly as neither Service Dog nor John D seem to have managed to put any sort of smoking gun on the table
Neither Service Dog nor John D (nor Dr. Campbell) asserted the Pfizer data was a "smoking gun".

The term "smoking gun" was introduced by Steersman-- not bothering to state which-particular "murder" that gun would-be evidence-of.

In fact-- Dr. Campbell (and thus John) (and I) noted that the total number of people who received the jab-- had been omitted.
...which makes it impossible to calculate the frequency of Adverse Events & Death. To us, the fate of Schrodiger's Cat remained ambiguous.

Only Detective Steersman found the Pfizer data sufficient-- to categorically declare there was No Smoking Gun... of ANY sort.

Whatever the question, Steersman's answer was NO! smoking gun.

No matter which hypothetical figures-- bullets!-- we loaded-into the gun... Steersman declared every test-fire a smokeless dud.

Is every-possible metaphorical gun, and every-possible round of ammo... defective? Or is it Detective Steersman?... who would not know a smoking gun, unless Wikipedia has an entry showing an extra smoke-hole blowing-from his ass. Keating asked the exact-right question, and Steersman's retort was a banging report-- plenty of smoke, for all to see & smell.

Scimex-- the Science Media Exchange-- is Scimex is a collaboration between the Australian Government's Science Media Centre (AusSMC) and the Science Media Centre of New Zealand (SMCNZ). The BMJ is the British Medical Journal-- the first and oldest medical Journal in the world (recent publishers of whistleblower claims from within Pfizer's initial covid vax trials). Cochrane is the pre-eminent independent reviewer of published medical findings to evaluate the quality and reliability of methodology. Wikipedia and Cochrane collaborate to increase the incorporation of Cochrane research into Wikipedia articles and provide Wikipedia editors with resources for interpreting medical data. Dr. Mark Ebell is a Professor in the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics in the College of Public Health at the University of Georgia. Dr. Ebell is Editor-in-Chief of Essential Evidence. He is author of over 500 peer-reviewed articles and is author or editor of eight books, with a focus on evidence-based practice, respiratory infections, and clinical decision-making. Dr. Ebell served on the US Preventive Services Task Force from 2012 to 2015, and in 2019 was a Fulbright Scholar at the Royal College of Surgeons in Dublin, Ireland. Detective Steersman is a former wikipedia editor who was banned with cause. Until today, Steersman was only dimly aware of "Tamiflu", but-- using his standard methodology-- has determined that he does not "see much if anything that might justify the term "debacle." https://www.scimex.org/newsfeed/looking ... ug-debacle

Dr. John Campbell is a straight shooter. pew! pew! In the days since John D. posted the link to Campbell's Pfizer video, Campbell has posted a follow-up video regarding the withdrawal of an Ivermectin paper which he previously cited, and clarifying that he had previously misinterpreted the meaning-of the 9 pages of syndromes & medical conditions listed in the Pfizer documents. Kudos to him, for his graceful & honest admission. And thus-- he remains a trusted interpreter of information.

free thoughtpolice

Gumby: I think the clouds look good with that picture.
Good luck with that nest. I'm guessing there should be eggs in there by now. If you can't get a good shot at birds at the nest look around for trees in the vicinity that give the birds a good view, especially of their hunting areas like fields for rabbits and etc. or bodies of water for fish and waterbirds. They likely have their favorites where they will spend a lot of time at and return to frequently.
I'm spoiled out here for eagle shots. I have so many that i don't bother with a lot of opportunities.
I am thinking of spending a little more time tryin to get action shots, birds flying, landing, taking off, fighting, and grabbing food. More challenging, especially to my somewhat limited patience.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I'll keep your eagle advice in mind, thanks. By the way, if sky replacement interests you, I use Luminar (skylum.com/luminar). It's a solid general purpose editor with some cool AI-based features. It's really, really good at sky replacement. Right now it's on sale for $47 if you're interested. That's a bargain.

Getting into action shots isn't as daunting as you might think. Set your Nikon to rapid-burst shooting mode and you'll be surprised how many decent shots you get just fucking around. Obvious, maybe, but it works. I generally end up with around 2000 shots when I go to the annual air show because of burst mode. It's a pain to go through all that looking for the gems but it's worth the work.
Vapor Cone 8 by 10.jpg
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 108 times

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote: Steers - really - I don't think you read for intent. Everything I post you read in the least generous way you can. There is a bunch of things I have an opinion about, but you don't really follow what I am saying.
Maybe; fair enough. Though "really nails it" as the sum-total of a comment to Campbell's video isn't much to go on - one might be forgiven for reading in between the lines - or the words. If you're going to tout Campbell, particularly without any justification or elaboration, then I think you should expect to get tarred with the same brush.
John D wrote: 1) I do not think the jab is particularly a bad ting. I think it probably saved many, many lives... including mine and my wife's. I am not anti-vax.
Good for you, though it's a vaccine; you & your wife - and probably 60% of Americans - have been vaccinated. Service Dog's claims notwithstanding.
John D wrote: 2) I do think each person and age group has a risk profile that needs to be understood. Jabbing young people looks like a bad idea... and masking children and closing schools has been destructive.
More or less agree. And have said several times that many of the responses have been overly draconian at best - see the video here of the Israeli chief who admits "we made mistakes", particularly relative to kids and schools:

https://www.news.com.au/technology/scie ... 9b5bd0dce6
John D wrote: 3) I think that we should not jab children right now. Omicron is waning and if a new variant comes on strong we should watch for it... and then vax children if it makes sense. The jab wears off over time and is less effect with every new jab. Jabbing kids right now is a bad idea.
Definitely a cause for concern as to why the vaccine effectiveness wanes so quickly with time. Not sure that that justifies not vaccinating kids - jury is still out as far as I can see.
John D wrote: 4) I think it is likely that Ivermectin is a useful treatment, but it has not been well studied because there is no money in it.
Define "useful".

As I pointed out earlier - several times, including, if I'm not mistaken, in a comment to you - there's a great deal of evidence that ivermectin is only useful as an antiviral at dosage levels that are 10 to 20 times - if not hundreds of times - the maximum recommended for deworming. Sure, it may have some benefits in a therapeutic sense or cases, but the evidence suggests the benefits - time to recovery - aren't substantially better than placebos even at those elevated levels:

AstralCodexTen_Ivermectin_RecoveryPeriod_1A.jpg
(62.83 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

https://astralcodexten.substack.com/p/i ... wanted?s=r

But levels which may well be toxic, particularly as a prophylactic:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7172803/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3327999/

In addition, which Wikipedia quotes in one of their articles, SBM suggests that such levels are only achievable by injection:
As is the case with many COVID-19 conspiracy theories, there is a tiny grain of truth in the comparison of the drugs, but only a very tiny grain that conspiracy theorists seem to view as a whole field of wheat. ....

Spoiler alert: Ivermectin does inhibit the same protease that PF-07321332 does, but, as is the case for viral replication, it requires a concentration that is not achievable by oral dosing.
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/pfizer ... vermectin/

That's part of the problem with "fake news", with sloppy reporting, with a failure to even try to understand the biology of such processes. An element of the truth that too many try to make too much out of - either because of that failure, or general cluelessness, or outright self-aggrandizement and grinding of axes.
John D wrote: 5) Drug companies should not be allowed to hide study data. Fuck them. They need to share data so the rest of us shit-heads can decide what is best. They are profit motivated which is what a company should be... but we should not let them buy us.
Agreed. You may wish to look at the lengthy list I posted earlier of pharmaceutical companies who've had to pay serious penalities - maybe their executives should be in jail - for various related crimes, including GlaxoSmithKline for "failure to disclose safety data":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_l ... ettlements

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: ..."really nails it" as the sum-total of a comment to Campbell's video isn't much to go on - one might be forgiven for reading in between the lines - or the words. If you're going to tout Campbell, particularly without any justification or elaboration, then I think you should expect to get tarred with the same brush
Magnificent. A rainbow of stilted clichés. Plastic jellybeans. Facsimile similies.

Our very-own Alec Baldwin, shooting himself in the foot-in-the-mouth with a prop-- Malaprop!-- smoking gun.

I haven't even mentioned the VERY BEST ONE.

Days ago-- in his previous post-- when Steersman first brandished the term "smoking gun"...

in response to the Pfizer data...

Steersman's very-next sentence... declared the Ratio Of Adverse Effects and Deaths/ to Total Number Of People Vax'd...

to be a "TEMPEST IN/ A TEA POT" :rofl:

That phrase invokes a very LARGE SERIOUS NUMERATOR (A tempest!) crammed-into a SMALL DENOMINATOR (A mere teapot!)

Steersman binges & pukes a colorful candyland of cliches, without flavor or nutrients.
Steersman wrote: probably 60% of Americans - have been vaccinated. Service Dog's claims notwithstanding.
???

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

We have lots of deer round here, including one that thinks he's a bird:
smd.jpg
(516.72 KiB) Downloaded 112 times

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: ...pass the ammunition.

Though one might wonder what you think it explains.... Particularly as neither Service Dog nor John D seem to have managed to put any sort of smoking gun on the table
Neither Service Dog nor John D (nor Dr. Campbell) asserted the Pfizer data was a "smoking gun".
Pray tell, exactly where did I say you, or JD, or Campbell assert that the Pfizer data was a "smoking gun"? Where did I "categorically declare there was no smoking gun"? :roll:

I'll wait, though waiting for you to show some intellectual honesty is largely a waste of time.

ALL I said to John D was:
All I said subsequently was, more or less, that they had been dragging their heels, but that what they finally released was anticlimatic - no smoking gun that I could see, none that either you or Service Dog were willing or able to put on the table.
http://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php ... 80#p509319

You have a smoking gun? You even have a charge that Pfizer might be guilty of? Apart from not stating the relevant populations - which hardly seems a capital offense.
Service Dog wrote: In fact-- Dr. Campbell (and thus John) (and I) noted that the total number of people who received the jab-- had been omitted.
...which makes it impossible to calculate the frequency of Adverse Events & Death. To us, the fate of Schrodiger's Cat remained ambiguous.
So I'll concede that you had said, "Total Number of Doses Administered: appears to be redacted":

https://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 60#p509252

But that's largely why I subsequently suggested that that might be a billion people which you whittled me down to arguing for some 50 to 100 million:

https://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 60#p509263

Still don't see where you've used even that smaller number to argue that the per capita incidence of those adverse events were substantially worse than what other vaccines exhibit. Have you done so? Because that is what I was asking for, that's the supposed crime that's supposedly the issue.

Missing data is a rather different kettle of fish from falsification of it or results that don't justify the use of Pfizer's vaccine.
Service Dog wrote: <red herrings definned>

Detective Steersman is a former wikipedia editor who was banned with cause. ....
What a hoot, and what a fraud you are.

Pray tell, exactly where is your justification for that "with cause"? Other that what you've pulled out of your arse, other than your butthurt, than your cutting off your nose to spite your face?

You seriously think that Wikipedia's claim that Laurel Hubbard "transitioned to female" is at all justified? What's your definition for "female"? How does that square with standard and commonly accepted biological definitions?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurel_Hubbard

Because raising questions about that, about Wikipedia's repudiation of their own vaunted "neutral point of view", about their Lysenkoism was more or less the proximate cause for my banning:

https://medium.com/@steersmann/wikipedi ... 0901a22da2

Given your tendency to look down your nose - when you're not cutting it off - at Wikikpedia, one would think you'd be more open to criticisms of their philosophy and policies.
Service Dog wrote: Until today, Steersman was only dimly aware of "Tamiflu", but-- using his standard methodology-- has determined that he does not "see much if anything that might justify the term "debacle." https://www.scimex.org/newsfeed/looking ... ug-debacle
So fucking what? I said that I hadn't seen anything that justified the term "debacle", nothing that I saw in the Wikipedia article looked to justify it, and Keating wasn't particularly forthcoming on any evidence to justify it, despite me asking.

But now that you've done some Googling, maybe you - since you've apparently claimed to be a Wikipedia editor ... :roll: - can add that item to the article?

However, you might consider that the body of the article doesn't actually say "debacle" - that's only the headline writer who's often a different person from the article writer. Headline writers are the ones who often "editorialize", who goose the article via the headline to boost ad revenue - typical yellow journalism; hardly a mark of credibility.

About the most that the article writer says in that regard is that "The BMJ described [the case as a] 'multisystem failure,' ..."

Rather doubt Wikipedia would consider that characterization as a "debacle" as particularly credible, particularly as they already addressed, if I'm not mistaken, much of it in their own article.
Service Dog wrote: Dr. John Campbell is a straight shooter. pew! pew! In the days since John D. posted the link to Campbell's Pfizer video, Campbell has posted a follow-up video regarding the withdrawal of an Ivermectin paper which he previously cited, and clarifying that he had previously misinterpreted the meaning-of the 9 pages of syndromes & medical conditions listed in the Pfizer documents. Kudos to him, for his graceful & honest admission. And thus-- he remains a trusted interpreter of information.
Good for Campbell for admitting that - some indication of some intellectual honesty, more than I can say for you. Maybe you should try doing likewise with your bogus if not demented accusation about AP's fact checking? :roll:

SlymePit_ServiceDog3735_VAIDS_1A.jpg
(120.23 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

But "trusted interpreter of information" seems rather debatable - will have to take everything he says with a pinch if not a bag of salt.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John's ENTIRE comment on the subject, 5 days ago:
Steersman's initial reply:
Steersman's 17th reply to John's comment:
Steersman wrote:
...one might be forgiven for reading in between the lines - or the words...
Also from Steersman's 17th reply:
Steersman wrote:
...If you're going to tout Campbell, particularly without any justification or elaboration, then I think you should expect to get tarred with the same brush.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: You seriously think that Wikipedia's claim that Laurel Hubbard "transitioned to female" is at all justified? ....
You are a treasure. Wikipedia's loss is our gain.

My favorite part... was when you were deep-in-the-weeds of a dispute about Wikipedia's NPOV editorial stance... & you un-ironically used the term "is in the eye of the beholder" to defend your position/ that you should be allowed to edit wikipedia to reflect/ that the tranny weight-lifter's sex is not in the eye of the beholder.

You also compared Wikipedia's over-ruling of you... to "crucifixion" and "rape".

sure, ok, why not. Did you see today's news, about the guy whose Museum of Modern Art membership was revoked for disorderly conduct, so he stabbed two female employees & hid in the museum? https://nypost.com/2022/03/12/two-women ... d-at-moma/

I haven't seen anything like the end of your wikipedia career, since the end of Lauren Hubbard's weightlifting career.

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

More data on the effectiveness of vaccination. https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/cov ... on-status/

Texas2.png
(113.81 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

on the effectiveness of face diapers masks in schools. https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-re ... elta-surge

Masks1.png
(57.18 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: You seriously think that Wikipedia's claim that Laurel Hubbard "transitioned to female" is at all justified? ....
You are a treasure. Wikipedia's loss is our gain.
Evasive bafflegab. Entirely characteristic of you.

Did Hubbard "transition to female" or not?
Service Dog wrote: My favorite part... was when you were deep-in-the-weeds of a dispute about Wikipedia's NPOV editorial stance... & you un-ironically used the term "is in the eye of the beholder" to defend your position/ that you should be allowed to edit wikipedia to reflect/ that the tranny weight-lifter's sex is not in the eye of the beholder.
Given the evidence - much of which came out of your own mouth - that you're a liar, a fraud, a conspiracy theorist of the first water, and an intellectually dishonest confabulist (see below) ...

SlymePit_ServiceDog3735_VAIDS_1A.jpg
(120.23 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
https://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 37#p507737

I'd say it's unlikely that you're capable of recognizing that just because some things may well be "in the eye of the beholder" that doesn't mean everything is. Even assuming I had actually used that phrase twice - it's certainly not in my Medium article; somewhat moot given your only passing familiarity with what's actually true.
Service Dog wrote: You also compared Wikipedia's over-ruling of you... to "crucifixion" and "rape".

<red herrings snipped>
So fucking what?

Even assuming you're not once again lying through your teeth, comparing is hardly equivalent to saying that that is exactly what took place - did I do so? :roll:

Besides which, there are often both literal and figurative definitions:
Definition of crucifixion
1a capitalized : the crucifying of Christ
b: the act of crucifying
2: extreme and painful punishment, affliction, or suffering
Definition of rape (Entry 1 of 4)
1: unlawful sexual activity ....
2: an outrageous violation
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crucifixion

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rape

Not that you're any friend or fan of dictionaries, encyclopedias, or learning in general:
.... Stephen Colbert, playing his right-wing-populist commentator character, performed a feature called “The Word.” His first selection: truthiness. “Now, I’m sure some of the ‘word police,’ the ‘wordinistas’ over at Webster’s, are gonna say, ‘Hey, that’s not a word!’ Well, anybody who knows me knows that I’m no fan of dictionaries or reference books. They’re elitist. Constantly telling us what is or isn’t true. Or what did or didn’t happen. Who’s Britannica to tell me the Panama Canal was finished in 1914? If I wanna say it happened in 1941, that’s my right. I don’t trust books—they’re all fact, no heart ....
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... nd/534231/

John D

Post by John D »

Lsuoma wrote:

smd.jpg
I actually have a deer proof feeder. I got it online. The trouble is that it is very high and you need to use a hook to get the feeders down to fill. The feeders are about 7 feet off the ground. It has a two foot long baffle as well, so nothing can climb it. Works well.

John D

Post by John D »

Steersman wrote:
John D wrote: 4) I think it is likely that Ivermectin is a useful treatment, but it has not been well studied because there is no money in it.
Define "useful".
NO. I am not going to define "useful". What the fuck is wrong with you? Can't you understand my point here without me defining the word "useful"? Jesus H. Christ.

Like I wrote a couple of days ago Steers. You somehow like to argue against a strawman. You are a waste of my time.

You could have written something like "I don't agree with you John D... there are so many studies that show Ivermectin doesn't work." And I might think... "Geee wizz... that's a good point." Or something like that. I think people call this a conversations... right? Or you could write "Well John D. Remdesevere has several double blind studies so most people think it is effective."... and then I might think "Really... that's interesting."

But no... you post a graph from one study and ask me to define the word "useful". WTF!

and in the end, I just think you enjoy engaging with people in your particular way... which I find to be a boring distraction.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

zou3gou3 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:08 am
Disclaimer: statistics makes my eyes glaze over.
Now is your chance! to improve your understanding of statistics!

According to your post-- What PERCENTAGE of UNVACCINATED TEXANS tested POSITIVE FOR COVID, in that 28 day period?

And HOW MANY TEXANS DIED of a "COVID-19 ASSOCIATED ILLNESS" in the last 28 days?

--

The fine print says-- all calculations are based on 2019 Texas census statistics.

In 2019, the population of Texas was 29 Million people.

The fine print says that all data for Texans age 12-and-under was omitted.

17.5% of Texans are age 12 and under. (about 1-in-6).

IF 29 MILLION PEOPLE are standing in a Texas-shaped Room, and you don't-count the healthiest 5 MILLION... how does that affect Sickness Calculations?

Can your conclusions about vaccinating the over-12 population be applied to the under-12 population?

--

A record number of illegal immigrants-- 2 million-- crossed the Southern Border from Mexico to the US... in the year-after Joe Biden was inaugurated & reversed Trump's border policies. 60% these border crossings occurred in Texas' "Rio Grande Valley Sector"-- but let's round-down & call it 1 million.

In July, the US Border Patrol reported a 900% spike in Covid cases among illegal border crossers. WHAT PERCENTAGE of ILLEGAL BORDER CROSSERS carried covid into Texas? HOW MANY of the 1 MILLION illegals entering Texas were positive covid cases & deaths? What percentage of all reported covid cases & deaths in Texas... were Illegal newcomers?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Lsuoma wrote:
Yeah, they try to raid the bird seed and suet especially in the winter. It can be quite entertaining. It doesn't bother me; bird food is plentiful and cheap.

Deer are everywhere where I live, but I rarely get a good shot of one because they're so shy and I never happened to have my main camera on me when I'm out and about my house. The picture I took was actually with my cell phone. After some work in post processing, it came out all right.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: bafflegab
That's What She Said.

John D

Post by John D »

Gumby wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Yeah, they try to raid the bird seed and suet especially in the winter. It can be quite entertaining. It doesn't bother me; bird food is plentiful and cheap.

Deer are everywhere where I live, but I rarely get a good shot of one because they're so shy and I never happened to have my main camera on me when I'm out and about my house. The picture I took was actually with my cell phone. After some work in post processing, it came out all right.
Haha. The deer in my neighborhood are not shy. You can walk right up to them and they will not flee until you are 10 feet from them. It is almost like they are tame. I can hardly plant anything without the deer stripping them. The damn deer even ate the milkweed that I put in. Milkweed... Jesus... what kind of deer eats Milkweed?

free thoughtpolice

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

Haha. The deer in my neighborhood are not shy. You can walk right up to them and they will not flee until you are 10 feet from them. It is almost like they are tame. I can hardly plant anything without the deer stripping them. The damn deer even ate the milkweed that I put in. Milkweed... Jesus... what kind of deer eats Milkweed?
Ours are nearly tame - they come into our yard and stand around until I put seed out for them. They get through about 5kg of seed every day.

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

Service Dog wrote: <SNIP>

Now is your chance! to improve your understanding of statistics!

According to your post-- What PERCENTAGE of UNVACCINATED TEXANS tested POSITIVE FOR COVID, in that 28 day period?

And HOW MANY TEXANS DIED of a "COVID-19 ASSOCIATED ILLNESS" in the last 28 days?

--

The fine print says-- all calculations are based on 2019 Texas census statistics.

In 2019, the population of Texas was 29 Million people.

The fine print says that all data for Texans age 12-and-under was omitted.

17.5% of Texans are age 12 and under. (about 1-in-6).

IF 29 MILLION PEOPLE are standing in a Texas-shaped Room, and you don't-count the healthiest 5 MILLION... how does that affect Sickness Calculations?

Can your conclusions about vaccinating the over-12 population be applied to the under-12 population?

--

A record number of illegal immigrants-- 2 million-- crossed the Southern Border from Mexico to the US... in the year-after Joe Biden was inaugurated & reversed Trump's border policies. 60% these border crossings occurred in Texas' "Rio Grande Valley Sector"-- but let's round-down & call it 1 million.

In July, the US Border Patrol reported a 900% spike in Covid cases among illegal border crossers. WHAT PERCENTAGE of ILLEGAL BORDER CROSSERS carried covid into Texas? HOW MANY of the 1 MILLION illegals entering Texas were positive covid cases & deaths? What percentage of all reported covid cases & deaths in Texas... were Illegal newcomers?
Not my conclusions, mate. Texan.
"applied to the under-12 population". Irrelevant.
"What PERCENTAGE of UNVACCINATED TEXANS tested POSITIVE FOR COVID". I'm sure that even you can convert 1/100k to 1/100.
" HOW MANY TEXANS DIED of a "COVID-19 ASSOCIATED ILLNESS". You've managed to work out how many are over 12yo. Multiply that by the rate. Are you sure you can manage that?
"WHAT PERCENTAGE of ILLEGAL BORDER CROSSERS". No information given. Why don't you ask the Texans?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

So my little buddy I told you about that I had an opportunity to hang around with for a few years a decade ago, his dad has an earth moving operation near Boise so one winter here's buddy you're doing some work at at sun valley digging at night and some bar and Seymour Duncan is there and offers to set them up with a place to live in the LA area and work for him to show off his equipment at trade shows. There they appear as real life Beverly hillbillies to the other employees, and derided with the name "dirt clod brothers", and gigged around la for a couple of years. True story m

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fuzzy wrote: Seymour Duncan is there and offers to set them up with a place to live in the LA area and work for him to show off his equipment at trade shows.
Super cool. I've got a similar gig coming-up in the next couple weeks. In the same way that 'Seymour Duncan' is the name of A Guy & also the name of a company... a certain LA rock scene guy... who is inextricable from his fashion label... has spun-off the brand's name & "look" ... to a licensee to sell eyewear.

So the the eyewear industry's annual tradeshow is coming-up... and the Licensee's sales staff is meeting with the wholesale buyers... in a showroom with product samples & nice lighting & comfortable seating & plants & flowers & an open bar. And The Guy behind the entire brand... has hired GF & me to be his Emissaries. We're there to make sure everything being done In His Name is up-to his standards. Are all the gothic crucifix logos being displayed Right Side Up? Is the music loud-enough, but not-too-loud? Are the drink servers sexy-enough/ but not too sexy? And all the unexpected curveballs are my problem, too. Last time I worked for this guy... a homeless psycho was literally smearing his shit-covered hands on the sidewalk, minutes before doors opened. I had to cajole him off the block with soothing words, bottled water, and a $20 bill.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

zou3gou3 wrote: Texans
If you understand the math, why did you post that? Were you demonstrating that even-Texas has PR bureaucrats-- who exaggerate the severity of the pandemic, and exaggerate the effectiveness of the vaccines?
Brive wrote:
"I'm beginning to think that very few people understand relative vs absolute risk.
I pretty much switch off when I hear "xxxx has a yy% increase of risk over zzzz"

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

At least kkkamala had an edit button.

free thoughtpolice

https://uscnpm.org/2022/03/12/hu-wei-ru ... na-choice/

If China decides to throw Russia under the bus it may help to end this war. It probably makes business sense to do so for China.